Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

The Faerie and the Beast (invite only)

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Faerie and the Beast (invite only) Empty The Faerie and the Beast (invite only)

Post by Beastie Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:06 pm

He was as nervous as could be; which was funny as hell considering all he had been through and such. He was in the process of getting ready for a dinner date with his daughter and perhaps his friends as well. So why was he s nervous? Because this was the first father and daughter get together he has had with Kyra. That nervousness showed as he tried to put on the purple shirt he had, he actually ripped the shirt with his talons.

He stood there for a moment cursing. Why now/ Why was this making him so nervous? He took a moment to calm himself. Kyra had wanted this too, so it was not a forced thing. She had taken to him and seemed to want him around. It would all work out.

He looked at himself in the mirror and nodded. He was fine, his daughter accepted him fro what he was. So he reached for a dark blue tunic he had gotten. Maybe he would shock her. He grinned as he looked at himself. What stared back at him was truly amazing. He looked like a lord.

Besides the dark blue tunic, he had on a pair of nice breeches and boots. yes he actually wore boots, they had been specially made for him so that his talons did not tear them up. He hardly wore them, but this was a special occasion. He slipped on a ring that had his father's family crest on it, and one more that had th Darkmane family crest on it. He even took a moment to polish scales that looked a little dull.

After checking his breath, after all it had had Fallon's mouth in it. He turned and headed out the door. He would wait for the ladies at the lounge's entrance. He would admit, he felt foolish standing her like this. he hoped it was worth it.

Beastie
Beastie

Number of posts : 1596

Back to top Go down

The Faerie and the Beast (invite only) Empty Re: The Faerie and the Beast (invite only)

Post by Guest Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:04 pm

Kyra had spent hours getting ready for her dinner date with her father. She sent a note to the twins that they were welcome to join them for desert if they wished but asked them not to come to dinner because she had some things she wanted to talk to her dad about. She hoped he wouldn't be mad at her for that but she was going to take her chances. She put on a dress that was made for her that was a burgundy with black trim on it and on her feet were a pair of black heels. She put on her diamond necklace with the bracelet, earrings, anklet and ring. All in all she felt like a princess. Happy with her appearance she headed down the lounge where they were meeting. When she got in there she saw him standing there by the entrance. A bright smile crossed her lips as she walked over to him.

"Good evening daddy. I hope you don't mind but I figured we could have dinner alone and I sent an invitation to the ladies to join us for desert if they wanted to. I figured we needed some time alone just the two of us."

She stood next to him hoping he wasn't upset with her. She reached up and took his taloned hand waiting.

Back to top Go down

The Faerie and the Beast (invite only) Empty Re: The Faerie and the Beast (invite only)

Post by Beastie Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:28 pm

He had been lost in his own thoughts and had missed the entrance of Kyra. He jumped slightly as she spoke to him. As he listened to what she said, he looked at what she was wearing. Someone had been doing their homework as she wore the colors of the house.

Twins invited for desert. Daughter and him for dinner. He had that right. So he nodded, "Sound good my little princess, but I will say this up front. If it is bad I did not to it, but if it is good I will take the credit." He flashed her a rare smile.

He squeezed her hand a little as she took his. He was not upset at all and it showed. In fact he seemed sort of relieved. One woman at a time was enough. Him at a table with three women, that was a recipe for disaster. Either for him or the twins.
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:46 pm

She smiled up at him and held on to his hand as they went into the lounge to their table. She let out a slight laugh since he thought it was bad what she wanted to talk about. Once they got to the table she stood there for a moment looking around because it had already been sent up earlier. She had gotten everything they needed and had it set up in a buffet style so they could get what they wanted off of it. There were some appetizers, potatoes, vegetables, ham, chicken, steak, makings for salad and a clam chowder soup that she heard was supposed to be really good but she was skeptical. She took a seat not sure if he would want to dive on in to dinner or have a little conversation first.

"I hope you liked the food I picked out. Grandma told me that some of these things were your favorite. I'm pretty sure she wouldn't mislead me."

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:38 pm

He looked at how the table was going to be. He saw some of his favorite foods on there and cocked his head to the side. He chuckled. "Someone has been doing their homework."

He looked at her and nodded his approval. "Seems you have been a busy faerie. Did you work your wings off?" He chuckled as he got himself some food. He would set it on the table and wait for her, to help with her chair.

After they were seated, he would look at her. "So what is on your mind my dear?"
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:47 pm

She had gotten a plate fixed and went back to the table and sat down him helping her with her chair. She laughed a little at his first comments and spoke with a slight shrug.

"I did work my wings off and I didn't have to much homework to do. Only have to know who to ask and luckily I was with two women that know you best.

She started to eat but he asked her the ultimate question, what was on her mind. What wasn't on her mind lately. The entire time she was at the castle she tried not thinking and tried relaxing but that didn't work it only made her worry and think more. She decided honesty was going to be best in this situation.

"A lot really, too much to talk about over dinner though. How have you been?"

She picked up her fork and tried to eat a little.

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:56 pm

He looked at her and saw something was weighing heavily on her. He was worried and it showed on his scaly face, but he would not press. Just like he had asked Venis to respect her choice on meeting her or not. He would respect her choice on telling him what is wrong or not.

He played with the food some and looked at her. Taking a it he spoke to her after chewing. "I am well. Confused on several things, and worried about the forge. Business does not pick up, will lose it."

He smirked and looked at her. "You will find I am good at that?"

"how about yourself honey?"
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:04 pm

She shrugged a little her blue eyes looking up at him as she ate and he spoke. Laying down her fork she placed her hand on his hand and gave it a light squeeze.

"I am sure things will be just fine and you won't loose the forge. Maybe if we get the word out to everyone that it is open for business and maybe even do a 1/2 price sale on the services or something like that. I've been ok just doing a lot of soul searching."

Kyra paused a moment before continuing she first let out a breathe. As she spoke she would blurt out whatever came to her mind regardless if she meant for it to or not.

"I'm sorry if I worried you by leaving with mom that day. I just feel lately that I have all of this pent up anger and no where to direct it so it gets directed at everyone. I think Isah hates me for leaving so much but I don't know what else to do because when ever I am near him I don't want to leave and then I get scared that he won't want to be friends anymore so instead of losing the friend it seems easier to just not be around him but that upsets me even more than the other."

Frustrated she closes her eyes and takes a few deep breathes she doubted any of it made sense but it was what was going on in her head at that given moment. She had the big case of not feeling good enough in general and that bothered her more than blurting things out to her father.

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:14 pm

He listened to her and nodded.

"Hun I understand that more then you think. Look at me. You see how few friends I have. It is a constant battle to keep the ones you have. I think you have more of my fearfulness then I thought.

"It is hard for those like us to make friends. It is harder still to think we may lose those friends, so it is easier to run. But I have learned that running is the one way to really lose those friends and family. "

He smiles at her, not sure that he helped at all. Or if she even wanted his take on things. He nodded at her, "You do know you can talk to me about anything yes?"
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:22 pm

She understood fully and it did help a lot more than she thought it would. So her mom was right after all she could talk to him about anything.

"I know but some things just don't need to be talked about with your dad or your mom for that matter. Just wish things weren't so messed up lately.
Besides I upset grandma why I was there but I swear I didn't mean too."

Kyra sulked a little and looked at him as if to say sorry.

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:31 pm

He looked at her. "Which Grandma and why you were where?"

He looked at her a little confused, at that as he ate. "Now granted their are things you do not want to the old folks about. But sometimes they do have some insight into things. Remember that okay?

"The forge I will get worked out, no worries there. Besides you also have a great friend in your screwdriver sister." He grinned at that. "And Gawain and Airtia are great folks as well."

He ate more of his dinner and listened to her, almost asking her to continue on with his looks.
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:40 pm

"I was talking about the only one of your mothers that I speak to. I will remember that but it doesn't change that I don't want to know the other. And after my dreams while I was there I don't think I ever do."

She laughed a little when he called Maddie her screwdriver sister and nodded about the other people.

"Maybe I will get to meet them soon. I went by to see the house and its coming along nicely there were even some robed people there doing something to it."

She didn't dare tell him she felt uncomfortable by staying at the inn and that she only slept there when absolutely necessary. She hoped he would say the house would be done soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:52 pm

"Ah good. They are there to add the protection we need. This way not even gods or shadows can get into the house without us knowing. even the elements will be powerless against it. "

He nodded, "I am sorry. I forgot you do not wish to speak to Venis.'

He suddenly grinned as he thought of putting her on the spot. "so which twin do you approve of, or should your old man date both? If it came to that. right now we are just friends.'
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:57 pm

She nodded to him while eating as he talked about what the robed people were doing at their house. But then Kyra nearly choked on the food she was eating right at that moment. Her blue eyes just stared at him in shock when he said it. She decided the best course on this one was to give him the answer she thought he wanted to hear instead of the answer she really wanted to give him.

"I've only met Rose but if you like them both then date them both. But if you are not interested in both at least be fair to the one that you are not interested in."

She thought it was a good answer and continued to eat a little more. Suddenly she wasn't sure she wanted to talk anymore because this was not how this conversation was supposed to be going. In a bit of a nervous and hyper tone she started talking again. Her wings fluttered from the nervousness.

"So when does it look like the house will be done. I can't wait to see my room. It is going to be so neat."

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:29 pm

He sat there and listened to her as he ate. As she answered he could not help but smile. A political answer. Yep, Darkmane blood ran through her.

"I do not know, my dear. But I am sure Pip is working as fast as she can. She seems to be that type of person. You know."

He smiled at her, "Now daughter. If we are going to be able to talk to each other, then we can not pull punches with each other. There are times to be political and times to be brutally honest. I want the latter. so lay it on me, i am a big beastie."

He chuckled as he ate more of his dinner. Stepping up and getting some more while she thought about what he said.
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:27 pm

She gave a lot of thought to what he had said and a portion of that couldn't help but laugh a little. When he returned to the table she gave him the answer that she truly wanted to say in the first place. Or actually she would ask him a question.

"What is wrong with my mother? Was she only good enough to have me but not have you?"

She did not mean for it to sound the way she was sure it was coming out but she had to know why they weren't together now.

Last edited by Kyra on Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:59 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:51 pm

He stopped at that point. He looked at Kyra and sighed.

"We are not together because, well, I never knew your mother was your mother. As your mother never knew I was your father. "

He stopped for a moment, walked back and sat down. He tried again.

"Alright, let me retry this. You already know each of us have different forms. Well neither of us knew the other had those forms. So one night- a hard night for your mother and no I will not go into it- she gets really drunk and I get really drunk. After that we parted ways. Never knowing the other existed.

"Now it is to late. Your mom deserves better then me. Me I am just bad luck. So yes your mother deserves you but not me. I fall under high upkeep and warranty expired."

He looked at her. "I am just glad I am getting to know you. Know all about you. I am also glad that no matter what i am given a second chance to redeem mysel
f."
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:50 pm

Kyra just sat there stunned at what he was saying. She was trying to figure out how he could say such things about himself. Knowing good and well her mother doesn't feel that way at all about him. Without sounding to distressed over what he said she spoke as evenly as she could for someone that felt she was going to explode and hurt someone for saying such things about themselves.

"If my mother does not deserve you then what makes you think ANY other woman does?"

Last edited by Kyra on Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:59 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:57 pm

He looked at her. "It is simple, my dear. I never said any woman does. But yet even a Beast needs companionship. Hence why, my dear, I have never been a long relationship for very long. Or I end up getting hurt or hurting someone."

With that he went into the story of him and his first wife, and the story of what happened to his kids. He began to tear up as he ended the story. Maybe now she would see things as he sees things and why he said he had a second chance.
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:21 pm

Kyra listened to the story and began to cry herself but she was still hurt that he wouldn't even give it a chance. He just said no without even so much as trying.

"I do understand but I don't agree with you. You aren't even giving her a chance. You just automatically say it won't work. How do you know for sure? Maybe she is the one to turn it all around."

She thought something and decided she would say it since they were being honest.

"I don't think that the twins or that other lady that yelled at me."

She was sure he would know who she was referring to.

Last edited by Kyra on Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:30 pm

"You do not think the twins or Tasha what?"

He said after listening to her. maybe he was locking everyone out to fast. but then again he also saw it as protecting them. Now he was curious as to what she had to say and wanted to see if she continued the comparisons.
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:32 pm

She got frustrated realizing she didn't finish her comment. In getting flustered her wings began to flutter wildly and she stood up to gain a bit more umph on what she was saying and she yelled it.

"THEY AREN'T GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU. ANY OF THEM."

She began to pace out of frustration.

Last edited by Kyra on Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:01 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:42 pm

He sat there and watched her. He noted things to watch for when she was mad. Item one; fluttering wings. Item two; yelling. Item Three; extra umph. And lastly pacing.

Okay with all that filed away he let her cool off a bit. Then he spoke calmly, "Kyra, we are having a discussion. no need to fly off the handle. So please sit down and let us talk. Now is this a case of like a father with his daughter. no man is good enough, but in this case it is a woman for your old man?"

He gave a smile as he tried to talk with her.
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:47 am

She sat down but her wings didn't stop and her voice came down a few notches to where she wasn't yelling any more. She took several deep breathes before looking up at him and speaking as calmly as she could.

"It is not that I don't think any woman is good enough for you. I just don't think they are the right ones for you. I think you should at least give mom a chance."

No she wasn't just saying that because she wanted to see them together she honestly thought they would make a happy couple. And she wanted to see them both happy and neither seemed to be happy at this point.

Last edited by Kyra on Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:02 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:01 am

He nodded as he saw her point. He looked at her and smiled.

"Tell you what. If it means that much, I will think on it. Genuinely think on it. Alright. That is the least I can do at the moment. But at the same time, I want you to give the twins a chance. At least talk to them and give them a genuine chance. Deal?"

He offered his hand across the table.
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next