Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

A Return [Invite only]

4 posters

Go down

A Return [Invite only] Empty A Return [Invite only]

Post by Gawain Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:59 am

A dark night...fitting for the man standing at the edge of the cliff. Clad in a coat fashioned crudely from a not-too-recent kill, ragged pants, and worn leather boots, he stood silently, flexing and extending his fingers. Looking down at them, he smirked. "Human cattle....so many. So many ways to end them. Tell me, what happened to me? When did I become someone's lap-dog?"

He growled, clenching his fists and initiating the change that filled him with pain and, at the same time, pleasure. "No longer. The cattle have gone too far. They sought to tame me? To collar me? They'll soon find out how I feel about their collars...and their rules." There he stood, far larger than he had stood once before, while he was playing by -their- rules. He was, in effect, letting the beast out.

It had been far too long since he had felt this freedom. His hand extended toward a tree which stood a good ten feet from him, and he made a swiping, clawing gesture. The tree was almost completely obliterated. He laughed, a deep, growling chuckle in this form, and bared his teeth. "Nice. Very nice. Looks like that technique works....wonder how many more I've forgotten? Or, rather, been forced to forget?" A snarl ripped free from his throat as he turned.

"Who comes? I can smell you, whoever you are, and trust me, this isn't the time. I am not your pet, not anymore. Never again!" With that, he lifted his muzzle to the sky and howled. The forest below fell silent, as if the creatures of the night sensed that something far darker than they was running this night.

A Return [Invite only] Werewolf
Gawain
Gawain

Number of posts : 376

Back to top Go down

A Return [Invite only] Empty Re: A Return [Invite only]

Post by B.D. Adams Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:00 pm

There is always something darker. That is, until the source of darkness has been reached. It is from that source that the rest are born, and it is to that darkness where they will once again return when they die. Was that particular source of darkness out about this night? Who’s to know for sure unless they have witnessed it and lived?

But something was out that night.

It was the feelings of anger, hatred, malice, that drew him to the cliffs for they were one of the things he enjoyed. From where this darkness dwelled, away for this particular plain of existence, he reached out to Rhydin and scanned the area. A skimming technique. There were multiples of people in this land who harbored the very same feelings he was receiving from that one particular source, even those that possessed all three, but they were not what he was after.

Shortly he found its source: the wolf standing at the cliffs. The scene was quiet comical to his mind, to see a wolf wearing a pelt, but it was not something that was uncommon. It showed that this was no mere wolf and therefore it required closer inspection and that was when he made his presence known.

He wasn’t a fool to come out fully as he is, or even to have a visible presence. If this creature was worth any of his time at all he would be able to sense him, even though he was only there as the air around him. And if he couldn’t? Then the creature would be examined like beast he appeared to be and left to his own imaginings.

However, this creature proved itself to be worth a portion of time as he knew that he was not alone. Something else happened when the words began to pour – this darkness, known as Benjamin, knew who the creature was and he laughed from his secret realm. When he last saw this creature he was in human form and he had a very loud bark. A reigned in pet. Someone's broken off their leash and he could feel his anger, reaching out to it and stoke the fires.

“You would make a wonderful pet.” Came the deep words that moved along the air about him. “Gawain Cauthon.” He had been there to see the assault on the tree.

“Do another trick.”

B.D. Adams
B.D. Adams

Number of posts : 198

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:57 am

Gawain's nose twitched, as if trying to catch a quizzical scent, then he began scratching at his temple. "Whoever's in there, get out. You won't like it there." Then, that faint tickle he had felt blinked out, leaving him with whomever had accosted him. "A trick, you say. I am no man's pet, nor do I feel inclined to do any of the aforementioned tricks. Show yourself. I've been needing a new chew toy."

A strange look passed across his face, followed by a retching sound and a clutching of his abdomen. Letting out a deafening roar, Gawain bent over and, of all things, vomited. The vomit was very noteworthy.....it was Gawain, fully human, clothed only in a t-shirt and jeans. "What under the Light...." Then....he looked up. Straight into the face of the him that was not him, but was part of him. "How?! Light burn you, how did you do it?!"

The creature (Gawain?) made a few steps toward him, then stopped. "Finally, I am free of you, you leashed weakling! My time is at hand, and all the world will tremble!"

Gawain knew what he had to do, but how? How do you reabsorb a part of you that you thought was inextricable? He searched the area, saw no one else, and brought his hands together, clearly ready to attack. "I never thought I would need this again....forgive me, Gareth." His hands shimmered, and when the light died down, he was holding the sword he had gifted his first-brother, Gareth, with. "We can do this the easy way, beast, or the hard way." As he spoke, he was sending mental links to everyone he thought would be of aid.
Gawain
Gawain

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:15 am

Gawain stared into the eyes of the monster he had, for so long, controlled, and suppressed a shudder. Without his influence, this...thing....could and would kill anyone and anything it encountered, and enjoy it. He couldn't allow this, not and be able to live with himself. So, without hesitation, he took up his strong form, sword at the ready, and placed his free hand out in front of him. "Come on, hairball. Come get some."

"You dare?! YOU?! You are the reason for my being! How dare you, you....human!"

The creature was faster, stronger, and more lethal than Gawain could remember ever being, but that didn't bother Gawain. What bothered him was that he felt three points of light growing larger, three of the people he loved more than his own life. He had chosen to ignore the other presence, since firstly, this was going to take everything he had and more, and secondly, his nose still worked almost supernaturally well. He just hoped that no one who didn't deserve to get hurt got hurt.

Strike after strike, the creature bloody, Gawain's hair matted to his head like a crimson hood, but neither showed any signs of stopping. Running out of options, Gawain reached for the Source, seized it, and, in his exhaustion, was almost swept away. He gritted his teeth as he fended yet another blow off, and the control of Saidin was his. Quickly, yet carefully, he formed several weaves, sending roiling fire, lightning, blinding wind, and needle-thin points of red energy at the monstrosity. Hah. I gotcha, don't I?

This was taking too long, Gawain thought as he swung a sore and weary sword-arm toward his other half. He almost chuckled when the thought occurred to him that he was trying to, in theory, kill himself. He didn't chuckle, though, seeing as the beast had dodged the weakened blow and was coming under his guard, leading with claws as sharp as razors. Uttering a curse, Gawain backed off quickly, channeling everything he could into a massive weave. "Try this on, furball. I haven't named it yet, but if you live through it, and can speak, I'll give you the pleasure of doing so." With that, Gawain grasped his sword in front of him, almost like a salute, then let the weave settle onto himself and the blade. The blade itself, being ensorceled and having been made by a certain legendary sword-master, became one with him, and Gawain's arms suddenly didn't hurt anymore. Gawain spat a wad of bloody spittle onto the ground, then grinned. "You....I.....we're pretty damn tough, huh?"

"Speak for yourself, human. The only way I'll know if you're tough is after I'm done chewing through your throat." Yes, this monster was weakening, but he still had a trick or three. He jumped back, and swung his clawed hand upward. The technique Gawain had only weeks ago mastered was used against him, and as it struck, he thought about what a bloody idiot he had been to learn it. Shadow claw indeed....Gawain's sudden ride ended abruptly as he struck a tree, slumping down, head lolling to one side.

Meanwhile, just so you know Gawain isn't the only one hurtin' right about now....

A Return [Invite only] Wolffo10

Yeah. The hairball has something on the other side of a migraine.

[Right, this should be right about where we merge the threads, guys. Let's have a go at it, shall we?]

Last edited by Gawain on Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gawain
Gawain

Back to top Go down

Post by Airtia S. Cauthon Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:47 pm

(posting this here too since it's the start of the link and comes from Bad Dream? )

In the short time it had taken her to arrive in the Inn, pass out the bracelets to the girls and explain the mission she felt Gawain change and the tides of the battle taking a shift. Even though it did not reflect on her features - Airtia was a model of keeping an expressionless face and calm - she felt the pain that he was going through and it was excruciating. If they were going to ensure that this fight ended the way they wanted it too then they had to go.

She turned from them and another portal opened up, splitting the air. On the other side of it they would be able to see the cliff and Gawain laying upon the ground covered in blood. "Ye know what tae do. We 'ave tae go now." Even in seeing Gawain in the dire state Airtia's voice did not waver and her demeanor did not change. This did not mean she lacked feeling for what was taking place, only that she was in control of her emotions and set on the task ahead.

Airtia and Tyger stepped through first. The gateway would close after the girls had done so as well.

Airtia S. Cauthon
Airtia S. Cauthon

Number of posts : 185

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:51 am

Maddie had stepped through the portal along with Airtia, and De'Ryanna. She had seen in her mind, what was going on, but to see it in person tore at her heart. Still she had to be strong for her father. She noticed a white wolf off to the side, she wondered if it was just a plan wolf or something else. She was ready for what ever happened, and would do what she needed to do. But still she needed to make sure of one thing. With that in mind, she sent a mental link to Venis. ~Venis, I have a favor to ask of you~

The white wolf had arrived just in time to see the sliver of the portal opening. She was watching on as Gawain fought against himself. She had no idea that she would have come upon this when she searched out her best friend. And now his family was arriving as well. This was a relief for her, but there was no way she was going to back off and just watch. She was here to help when and where she was needed, for whatever she was needed for.

She kept a distance of about two feet from the pair as she moved periodically to avoid being stepped on. She figured she would be noticed soon, but would it be the beast recognizing her, or the man. She stayed low as she watched the fight, he had to fight it, it was his battle. But then she heard Madeline as she was watching. ~Yes dear, what is it?~ She could multi-task. Even if there was a lot of pain coming her way from this battle going on before her eyes.

~If anything should happen to me, where I can't be saved...turn me. I've come way to far, and love you and my family, and friends too much to leave you all just yet.~ She knew she was asking a lot of Venis, but she needed to know she could be around for her family, and for the Goddess she swore to serve.

She stopped for a moment and looked over to the three women coming onto the scene. Madeline especially. It was a brief look, then she returned her attention back to the fight as she began to move again. ~Do you know what you ask of me young one?~ Yes, of course she knew, she was asking, wasn't she? Oh Gawain was going to kill her for this. And what if Madeline had the same gift as her father, that could lead to disaster ... Well, could did not always mean would.

She would be there to help the vampire, Gawain to help the wolf. It could be done. With a sigh and a noticeable shake of the white wolfs head, she answered her. ~If I have no other options to keep you here, then yes. But know this, I will try every other possibility first. Every other. Do you understand me?~ After all, a God had more options than a vampire. But this God was getting very worried about this fight. The beast was her alpha male, the wolf, the man was her best friend. She felt the blows dealt to both.

Maddie noticed the white wolf shaking it's head, and she wondered if that was Venis in fact there. ~Thank you Goddess. I wouldn't ask, but I don't trust Benjamin. Is that you over there?~

That was the second time that the wolf paused in her movements. Madeline had recognized her? She was most definitely her fathers daughter, wasn't she? ~No one who is not a Cauthon or a Jordianthan ...~ Which, of course, included Venis' other children who had different last names. ~... Is to ever know of this form, are we clear on that Madeline? This was the form I could shift to before I was a God. This is the form I took when I formed an alpha bond with Gawain. I can take any form as a God, but this is my true second form. But you must never tell anyone, ever. No matter what. Or I could be hunted for my pelt, which could be extra dangerous given who and what I am. Please swear this to me Madeline.~ Never before had Venis ever asked anyone to swear anything to her in such a way. This was the biggest secret she had, and it had to be guarded with ones life.

Madeline felt honored to know such a thing, and would take it to the grave with her. ~Of course Venis, I will take it to the grave with me. No one ever know. Thank you for trusting me, it's an honor to serve you.~

Now that she had answered Madeline, she had a question of her own. ~Madeline, what are you three doing here? This place is too dangerous for you guys. Especially De'Ryanna if you thought you saw or felt Benjamin here. And with the blurred vision I got of him, and you saying you didn't trust him, I am guessing you at least felt him here. So why are you three here? You three are not omnipotent, you could get hurt, or worse.~

She was omnipotent, she could die, but it would take a whole lot more than this to do it. And luckily for Gawain, he was omnipotent as well, which he had proved with his many returns from the dead. But these three women were not so lucky. Which just added to Venis' workload. She had dealt with worse though, and she was too busy to try and fight with them to get them to go back. Besides, her stomach was torn up something fierce from that last blow the beast had delivered upon the man.

Madeline then realized she hadn't had a chanced to talk to Venis since she returned from the white tower. Now was as good a time as any to tell her. ~To make sure Dad wins. Airtia gave De'Ryanna and I a bracelet apiece to help her in what ever channeling she was going to be doing. Apparently we can use them to channel the one source to help Dad somehow. And yes Ben is definitely here, may not be physically, but in another form. I was trying to reach Dad mentally with a spell, when Ben cut me off. Thats when I called out to you. I had forgotten we hadn't talked since I returned back to the Inn. While I was gone, I was in Tar Valon, training in the White Tower, and before that I was at Avalon, where I was raised to full priestess.~

Venis had never undergone the training of either. But she was a three hundred and thirty-two year old Vampire God, so she wasn't stupid. She knew a little about this and a little about that. ~Keep me within your circle, do not form it where I cannot get in to get to him. Make sure Air knows this, please. Just tell her to keep the wolf in the circle. I can only help if I can get to him. I will also keep 'an eye' out for Benjamin. If I catch a feeling of his approach or anything, I will warn you and do my best to protect you all, especially De'Ryanna and you. Just do not lock me out.~ That was very important.

If they wove the air around the fight and she couldn't get through to get to Gawain if she needed to, she would be unable to help. Just as if Benjamin found a way in, he could get to one of them and she couldn't get to them to save them either. With the side effects of this fight, she was in no shape to try and get through a weave, especialy if she was right in what she was thinking. She knew how strong Airtia was, they were friends after all. And if Airtia could weave the air anywhere near as tightly as Gawain could, Venis wouldn't be able to get through.

Madeline smiled, she was glad to have Venis there. ~No problem at all Venis. I'm very grateful you are here. Thank you. You are more than a friend to me, you are family, always have been.~ With that she closed the mental link, and went back to concentrating, and listening to Airtia for instruction.

Venis simply nodded, which was probably an odd sight if one was to look upon that pure white wolf. But she knew that Madeline had to pay attention to Air now, and Venis had to go back to concentrating on the fight. Plus she had new things to worry about now too. But if it came down to one or the other, it would be the man that she chose, hands down. She could live with the wolf beast being torn from her, but the man was needed by his friends and family. She didn't even think twice upon that choice.

A Return [Invite only] White_wolfA Return [Invite only] VenisheadW
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Number of posts : 1173

http://madelinecauthon.webstarts.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by B.D. Adams Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:00 pm

Looking at things from a spectators point of view gave allowances for many things. You were not fully involved and it afforded chances to examine things more, things like what traveled along the ties he had to people. Simply because he had ended the mental attack on Madeline did not mean that he had stopped watching and listening in on what was going on with her. It was one way. This connection to Madeline did not trace back to him for that would be stupidity on his part.

Connections, it was all about connections. Especially mental ones and so, if Madeline was using her energy to send telepathic messages to Venis instead of using it to do what was requested and focus her energy as she was told, then you could be certain that Benjamin was hearing every word.

Yes. He heard everything and from where he was he nearly laughed. The comedy of the situation. It paid to be the observer.

Certainly his interest was peeked when he saw the human form of Gawain pour out of the monster and he thought about taking that and leaving the human to suffer with only being half of himself, but where was the fun in that? Things were getting interesting and now was a chance for him to see just what that man could do. And so he watched. He watched as the lady's came out of the portal and assembled around the area. He watched his girl and, for the moment, blocked his connection from her. De'Ryanna would pull a lot of energy for this task and he didn't want for her to pull on his. Any other time he would but now would be his chance to see more of what she had in her. Though if there was a threat to her life he would eliminate it. As far as he was concerned she was his and he was the only one allowed to end her life.

This situation was handled. Panic had been set in place and Venis the Wolf believed herself to be hidden. This was a story set to motion and one ending he had already figured out. Kill Madeline, what would be the point? He hardly did anything for the sake of being able to do it. So for now Benjamin would have no more to do with the situation upon the cliff and if anyone felt his presence they would feel it no longer.

That is, no one but one.

B.D. Adams
B.D. Adams

Number of posts : 198

Back to top Go down

Post by Airtia S. Cauthon Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:00 pm

Airtia may not be omnipotent, but she was no weakling either. Nor was she easy to kill. If Venis was going to worry about the safety of anyone there upon the cliff it should be her own or that of Madeline's. Airtia was bonded to Gawain and whatever he went through she did as well, she only had more presence of mind to not be ruled by her emotions and could understand what a situation needed and what it didn't. She was older than Gawain and had her own means of substantiating life. It would never be a good idea to press Airtia and see what she was and was not capable of unless you were willing to risk loosing. Many things of her were unknown.

She also was not worried about her daughter De'Ryanna but her reasons for that would stay her own for now. As for the link. . . it was not a literal circle. No doubt that Venis had been around and has seen many things but some things were not possible to be included in if you were not of the same power. Linking was one of them.

And forming a circle was a hypothetical term, something that Madeline may not have known and therefore couldn't convey. The Weaves for linking were not taught to any who had not passed the final trails and so Madeline would have no way of knowing that this had nothing to do with making weaves of Air or enclosing a circle about people at all. A circle was only more traditional. If someone were to put a shield around them to keep from being interrupted, that was one thing and many did because they didn't want to be disturbed. What was this Weave made of? Many things, and every Ajah had their own unique twist that other Sisters did not know how to perform.

If De'Ryanna and Madeline were watching they may be able to recognize one main thing in this Weave (only those who could Channel the Source were able to see Weaves) and that was Spirit. The Linking threaded out and hit De'Ryanna first before moving through her to connect to Madeline, the anchor points being the bracelets she had given them to wear. From Madeline it connected back to Airtia. Instantly the pull on their power and energy would being. Like turning on a faucet she took from the pair. "Pay attention. Both o ye."

They had to remember what she told them back in the room: to not pull more than they could handle, remain calm, and not to stop Channeling until she stopped them unless they wanted to risk death. "Stay where ya are wolf, this tis nae yer fight. Stay yer hand." There was only one person that was directed to and she would know it. More hands were not needed to help Gawain fight his battle against himself as his wife was already there with him. Her power, along with what she was taking from the daughters, would be enough. If she felt energy entering through the weave that was not of the Source it would be filtered out. What Airtia was doing was a bit complex and she did not need anything extra to deal with.

Tyger moved up on Airtia and stayed steadily at her feet, his feline eyes trained on the Beast. Being at his masters side wasn't anything new to him and he knew that he could perform his actions and not cause a distraction. He was not here to only add sarcasm and jibe but he was where he should and needed to be.

All the power Airtia was taking from the girls she was forming into a more direct and compact source of power she was controlling and siphoning out to Gawain a bit at a time, each bit increasing his own strenght and power. Until he would take it from her fully by linking with her she would continue as she was. And, when that moment came she would break the link from the girls and spare them the backlash of connecting with a male Channeler.

What they were involved in now would take enough of their strength.

Airtia S. Cauthon
Airtia S. Cauthon

Number of posts : 185

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:02 am

Two minds, two bodies. This would have to be remedied, and fast. But how?

An idea occurred to him, a dangerous one, yes, but a viable one nonetheless. "Stand clear, and be ready to move when I give you the signal." She would know, of course, because of the bond they shared. No words needed to be said. He raised both hands, as if in supplication, and bowed his head. "Forgive me, Shifu." His hands began to glow with power, and as he nodded, he brought them together. Those caught unprepared would feel their ears pop, then feel a buffeting wind whip past them. The beast caught the full force of the weaving, which his master, Shifu, had told him long ago was 'simply cheating', and was knocked insensate. Gawain growled deep in his chest, and looked back to the others. "You may wanna turn your heads if you are weak of stomach."

If one was watching, they would, no doubt, wish they hadn't eaten recently. Gawain, for all intents and purposes, was devouring the beast alive. The beast himself howled and thrashed, but Gawain, newly empowered, held him still as the gory business was completed. Gawain rose, bloody from jaws to chest, and brought his booted feet down on the only two portions of the beast left: his chest, and his head. The gory feast continued, with Gawain first devouring the heart, then the brain. The rest, as he coughed and retched, was dispatched with a flow of Fire. Gawain finally rose, shakily, and glanced over to the others.

"Stand......back....."

With that, Gawain uttered a howl, thanking the Light that it was the dark of the moon, and began to change......
Gawain
Gawain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down