Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

In Search of......

2 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

In Search of...... - Page 2 Empty Re: In Search of......

Post by Guest Wed May 05, 2010 7:22 pm

She nodded and sat where she was watching him work. Although her own thoughts were running away with her. Like how he could get so much information from so little that she gave him. It would be an interesting discussion for them at a later time. Now he must work on this blade for it seemed to hold a lot of answers. Thinking of it she did leave out the part about him and how to it seemed as if the woman knew of him some how.

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Fri May 07, 2010 12:36 pm

He was not lost in his own little world. It was like his other two favorite things to do, when he started he gave his all. He began this Dance in a way that he had many others, by breathing and stoking the fires. Remembering he use to have someone do this for him. It did not matter.

He focused on the information he obtained. Light but able to be thrown. So it would need some weight. A jewel would work well there, and since this one seemed depressed and curious it would be a blue gem.

He thought more about what Arcadia had said, the lass was like her in build...a little plumper Arcadia had said. So the blade would need to be able to be used from either hand.

The fires were burning good. it was time to select the metals. He seemed to be in his own world at the moment, talons tracing over the steel, iron, mithril, and his own special blend of metals. A recipe that he learned from another smith.

Selecting on instinct the right metals, he placed them in the fires. Watching them intently, stoking the fires as he needed to. Bringing out the ores, only when they burned a bright yellow. Beginning with a twenty pound hammer, he began to to pound the metal in the rhythm his father had taught him.

Slowly but surely, he folded the metals into one clump of ore. That ore was placed into the fires once more, to reheat and collect more carbon. When next he brought it out, he used a slightly less hammer to begin to shape the blade. This was after he had designated where the handle would be.

He said nothing while he worked. Letting what he knew about the customer flow from him, and let the fates help dictate how the blade would look. It was best in situation like these where he did not have exact specifications. Slowly the blade began to taper out to a four and a half inch double edged blade.

After many hours, and once he was satisfied, he took up his tools and began to work the handle. Knowing that the dagger would be stronger as one piece of metal and not two. He placed the handle portion on the edge of the forge to heat up, as he looked through the gems he had.

His hand closed around a small blue sapphire. Lifting it up, he made sure the quality of it was perfect, noticing no flaws in it. Looking through, seeing that he could see through it. Nodding he moved back to the forge. He wasted no movement, every inch of him poised for this one task. The sweat rolling off his scales and soaking his loin cloth. His eyes giving off the same light they do when he is Dancing or making love.

He retrieved the dagger from the forge, noting the glow to it. He began by working the metal into intricate knots. For some it would resemble Celtic knots. In the guard he put some of his best work into it. Etching and craving where he needed. Now he used small streams of his dragon's breath to help with the work. He places the sapphire into the pommel of the dagger.

Soon he was working on the sheath for the dagger. Leather and metal, that is what this called her for this one. He heated the metal and began on the leather, creating several layers and using some of the toughest he had for durability and a fine sheen of cow leather for the shine.

When the metal was ready, he began to work it to a mirror image of what was in the guard. That being done, he began the task of easing the leather into the metal tip he had just completed. it took some doing, and magick to make sure the leather did not suddenly alight with fire. But it was done.

The last thing he did was sharpen the blade. He always felt that the maker f the blade should hone the edge, as if thanking the metal for allowing him or her to work with it. Also it gave them a chance to say any blessing or put protective spells the item. In this case he spoke in Draconic, thanking his forefathers for passing down this art and for allowing him to learn it. He thanked them for guiding his hands and body in the making of this item and hoped it would be used only when needed.

For some it might be as if he was singing, well what dragons would consider singing mind you.But with the last light of the day going down, he gave the blade one final test. He slide it across one of his scaled fingers. Feeling it bite and the the drop of blood slide down the blade. He nodded in satisfaction and began to clean blade and sheath.

He then turned and walked towards Arcadia, he presented her with the sheathed blade.

"The job is complete," he said. Heading to a nearby bucket to dump the water on himself. Steam actually arising from him.

In Search of...... - Page 2 Row_s_10
Beastie
Beastie

Number of posts : 1596

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 07, 2010 7:35 pm

She sat there and watched him work and not only watched him but the process he went through to get to the finished goods. She was about to leave as it seemed he would be at it far longer than she had expected and she did not want others to come in while she was down there and not be able to get what they may need. But just as she was about to get up he handed her the sheathed daggered. Taking it out of its sheath she examined it and thought how pretty it was and light but heavy in the hilt. Satisfied herself with his work she re-sheathed it and smiled to him.

::You do good work. I am sure she will be pleased with it. Now to send for her so she can come pick it up.::

Going back upstairs she placed the dagger on the counter to finish the ticket before getting in touch with a messenger. It happened that one of the messengers was out and about that day and came to see if they needed anything. Giving a letter to him and instructions he was on his way.

Once the messenger found the intended party he would hand her a note which read.

+Rowan - You may come when you wish to pick up your dagger.+

There was no signature on it as Arcadia was sure that Rowan would remember who she ordered the dagger from. Boxing up the dagger Arcadia placed it underneath the counter with Rowan's name on it and would bring it back out when she came.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Fair Fri May 07, 2010 11:53 pm

Rowan was exiting her room at the Inn when a messenger gave her a note. She thanked the messenger and opened it. It was a note from Arcadia at the forge letting her know that her dagger was finished. That was quick, she thought, wondering what it would look like. She smiled, put the note in her bag and started down towards the front door of the Inn.

As she neared the forge she started getting that odd feeling again. She still didn't know what to make of it, it didn't happen often, but three times in the time she'd been here had been enough to make her take notice. Still, she didn't feel threatened, but the opposite. Oh well, she thought, it's nothing....

She went to the door, opened it and walked in. She walked towards the counter, looking around to see if anyone was in.
Rowan Fair
Rowan Fair

Number of posts : 96

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 08, 2010 12:29 am

Arcadia was standing there at the front counter looking at a book that her daughter kept behind the counter and she was trying to figure out why her daughter had this book. She was going to have to ask her about that later when she returned. Hearing the bell on the door she spoke before she looked up.

::Welcome to the Fires of Hades. How may I help you?::

She placed the book under the counter and looked up with a smile. Seeing who it was she reached under the counter and retrieved the box that was under there. Placing it out on the counter she opened it up and laid the sheathed blade long ways on the counter so that the hilt nor the blade was facing either woman.

::Welcome back, I see you got my message.::

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Fair Sat May 08, 2010 12:52 am

Rowan smiled when she saw Arcadia behind the counter. Arcadia put a book she was looking at under the counter and then brought out a box and opened it. She then laid a sheathed dagger on the counter.

"Thank you, yes I did." She smiled and looked down at the dagger. She didn't touch it yet, just looked. She was almost speechless. This was a gorgeous piece of work. She wasn't sure what to expect, but this smith was talented.

She then lifted the blade, still sheathed and took a closer look. The humming got a bit stronger as soon as she touched the dagger, but she chose it ignore it. She was especially pleased with the blue gem, sapphire, if she was to guess. The weight of it was perfect for her, balanced just right. She then unsheathed it, laid it flat on her hand, turned it and then re sheathed it.

Rowan laid the dagger on the counter in the same manner as before and looked to Arcadia. "This is beautiful work, please convey my thanks to the smith. How much do I owe you?" She took out her money bag and waited for an answer.
Rowan Fair
Rowan Fair

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 08, 2010 1:24 am

She watched her as she looked over the blade. Something still did not feel right to Arcadia with this woman but she tried to let it go. She just chalked it up to the fact she just found her youngest daughter and is fearful someone will try and come take her away. Arcadia was being cautious and guarded with her family and wanting to keep it the way it was going with all of them.

::I will be sure to tell him and that will be 7 gold pieces.::

She let her think about it and waited still in her head trying to figure her out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Fair Sat May 08, 2010 9:08 am

Rowan nodded and counted out 7 gold pieces from her bag and laid them on the counter in front of Arcadia. She picked up the box and put it into her bag. She paused and looked at Arcadia.

"Can I ask you a question?"
Rowan Fair
Rowan Fair

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 08, 2010 9:34 am

Arcadia picked up the money and placed it in her hand until the customer left. Still looking at her she nodded as she spoke.

::By all means I am here to answer or help any way I can.::

She was curious as to the question the woman had of her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Fair Sat May 08, 2010 9:44 am

Rowan put her bag on the counter and leaned against it for a moment. She might as well just come out with it....

"Ok, I've told you that I don't know anyone here, but my mother did. So, my question is....." She paused and studied Arcadia for a moment. "...do you know anyone by the name of Darkmane?"
Rowan Fair
Rowan Fair

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 08, 2010 10:18 am

Something came over Arcadia as she was asked about that name. She stood firm and did not let on that she knew of that name. She was going to protect her family any way she can and in whatever way that means. Listening and thinking a moment she asked a question not an admission or a denial.

::How do you know that name if I may ask?::

Watching her intently and waited for the answer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Fair Sat May 08, 2010 10:25 am

Somehow Rowan could tell the question bothered Arcadia. She was this far, might as well finish it.

She glanced down briefly then up again at Arcadia.

"To be perfectly honest, that is my last name. As I told you that last time I was here, I didn't know my father. That was his name. I know he's deceased, but was curious if anyone knew the name, or him, for that matter."
Rowan Fair
Rowan Fair

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 08, 2010 10:32 am

The question did bother Arcadia and the only Darkmane male that has passed was Krow. Thinking to herself and an invisible shake of her head to herself that was not possible for what he was and Dre was the only child born to him. Her eyes turned red as if fire were in them as she spoke. She could help it but the woman was about to find she was going to be up against a hurdle and better her than another Darkmane.

::Yes I do know of that name. Who was your father?::

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Fair Sat May 08, 2010 10:36 am

She watched Arcadia as she stood there. She definitely didn't like what she was hearing. Rowan shrugged slightly...

"My mother referred to him as Krow. That is all that I know of him."

She waited.
Rowan Fair
Rowan Fair

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 08, 2010 10:41 am

Her hand was quickly behind her back because a ball of fire formed in her hand when she said who her father was. Things were definitely not going in a direction that would be well for Rowan. Before she could stop herself she spoke out of instinct.

::That is impossible because of what he was. He was only granted the ability to have one natural born child. I fear your mother must have been mistaken in who she suspected to be the father or ashamed of who the real father was.::

She meant no harm but she knew her words may sting the woman.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Fair Sat May 08, 2010 10:55 am

Rowan sensed fire very close by, but didn't react. She nodded thoughtfully, knowing that all is not what is seems.

"I understand your feelings. You must have known him, personally somehow, to get that information."

She looked at her.

"From what I've been told, what you say is true, after he was turned. But before, more than possible."

Her mind was racing a bit....there was something else here, but she didn't know what. She picked up her bag, not sure if she was going to get thrown out of here or not.

"I mean no disrespect or harm to anyone. I am just curious."
Rowan Fair
Rowan Fair

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 08, 2010 11:00 am

No things were not as they appeared far from it in fact. The fire still in her eyes she listened and her own mind was racing she needed to talk to Dre about what she just learned. But she was not going to throw her out. Instead she closed her hand and fire was extinguished from it. She needed to know more but she knew she would not get that from this woman if she did not tell a little herself.

::Yes I knew him and am very close to the family. I know his son, pointing to the dagger. His son is the one who made that for you. But I have to ask why now? Why after so long are you in search of them? He has been gone for some time now.::

Yes she had more questions but they would wait.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Fair Sat May 08, 2010 11:10 am

She nodded and smiled slightly.

"My mother never said much about Krow. Why, I don't know. It's not like I never asked, but she always brushed aside questions. She recently told me of this place and that this is where they were. As to why I came here, I don't know fully myself."

She sighed softly. "So, if what we both say is true, then I may have a relative.... " She glanced at her bag for a moment. "That may explain the feelings I've been having lately, especially when I handled the dagger."

She looked up at Arcadia again. "I will leave it to you if you wish to mention this conversation to anyone. As I said, I have no wish to cause trouble."
Rowan Fair
Rowan Fair

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 08, 2010 11:24 am

::How did your mother know any were here though? We just recently came back to this place.::

She knew what she was implying and Krow and Sheena always told her she was family.

::Perhaps you should not ignore those feelings as they are there for a reason. I will talk with the son and see what he wishes to do about you. I will not make that decision for him or our daughter.::

Arcadia knew she was giving up some information but so was she and it only seemed fair.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Fair Sat May 08, 2010 12:20 pm

"She didn't. I don't think she knew of any of his family, if there was any. The choice to come was mine, for nothing more than to see where she was from."

So, it looked like she had family after all. It had been just Rowan and her mother....no one else. She nodded.

"Thank you, you have been kind. I think both of us have had a bit of a shock, so I think I will leave to think about this. If he wishes to contact me, I would be more than willing to meet. If not, I understand completely." She smiled softly. "Thank you again."

She turned and walked out of the forge, her mind spinning.
Rowan Fair
Rowan Fair

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 08, 2010 1:05 pm

Arcadia only nodded and kept her mouth closed as Rowan left letting her own spinning head take this all in and try to figure out how she was going to break this news to Dre. From there he would have to deal with his mother and daughter. She was stunned to say the least and it would show if anyone came in to the forge.

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Sat May 08, 2010 1:14 pm

He came up from the forge because he needed fresher air. He saw the door closing and looked to Arcadia. He cocked his head as she looked like she had been hit in the head with something.

"You alright Arcadia?"

His voice full of concern and worry.

"Was it bad news? Did the customer not like my work? I can redo it. Free this time. I just be out of the forge to long is all. Away from the Art...." he rambled on.
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 08, 2010 2:26 pm

She jumped hearing him as she was quickly lost in her thoughts. The fire still evident in her eyes as she looked to him. A soft sigh coming from her as she heard him and shook her head.

::It is not the blade she was here for Dre. She liked it well enough.::

Her head started spinning at the thought of telling him what she just found out but he would hate her if she kept it from him. It would be up to him how best to deal with what she said. Moving closer to him she placed a hand on his arm and looked into his eyes.

::I do not know how you are going to feel about this but she claims to be the daughter of Krow. Evidently it happened before he was turned but her mother would never talk of him until recently.::

She let that sink in before she asked any questions of him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Sun May 09, 2010 1:03 pm

He seemed to relax a bit at hearing the customer liked the blade. He even felt his pride grow. It must have shown as Arcadia moved closer to him and touched his arm. He wondered if they could get away with a 'celebration' here and now.

He heard what he had to saw, his bottom jaw dropping. He had a big sister? He knew his father had a blue ribbon, but he did not know others besides a select few had seen it. The fact that someone would not speak of him made him mad.

He looked to Arcadia, and literally crumpled to the floor. One of those knees go out and your arse is sitting on the floor before you know it crumples. He just sat there.

"Is it true? what should I do? Do I want to know here? I will kill someone if someone has spoken ill of father." He rambled on and on. Somewhere there had to be an answer.
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 09, 2010 6:53 pm

Arcadia just knelt next to him not sure what to say or do. But she did know he had to get it all out and that was what she was going to be there for. Sitting next to him she held his taloned hand and gently rubbed it as she laid her head on him until he was ready to move or talk some more. Not liking the fact the woman was here disrupting their lives but she was glad it came out to her and not someone else. Heaven only knows how the conversation would have gone with someone like their daughter.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next