Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

In Search of......

2 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

In Search of...... Empty In Search of......

Post by Rowan Fair Tue May 04, 2010 1:50 pm

After spending a bit of time exploring the Inn, Rowan decided to head out to the surrounding area. She dressed in black jeans, black shirt, and leather boots. Before leaving, she took inventory of her belongings. One thing she noticed she might have need of is another knife. She saw a note on the message board downstairs that mentioned a forge reopening. If she finds the forge, she may just have to check the place out.

As she slipped out of the Inn, she stopped and listened... She could sense the others that were in and around the Inn, but nothing really clear. She shrugged and headed outside. She wasn't quite sure where anything was, but headed towards town to see what she could find.

After exploring the town for a while, which she found to be an interesting place, she came upon a sign that said "Fires of Hades". She's not sure if that was what the notice said, but hey...sounded like a forge to her. Surprisingly....her senses started humming a bit. This was odd, that didn't usually happen...but she was not yet aware of all she could sense. Again, she shrugged and went to the door and walked in.
Rowan Fair
Rowan Fair

Number of posts : 96

Back to top Go down

In Search of...... Empty Re: In Search of......

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 5:04 pm

Hearing the bell she stood up and smiled at the woman who was coming in. Brushing herself off she came out from behind the counter to greet the customer.

::Welcome to the Fires of Hades. I am Arcadia. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you.::

She stood there a moment but did not want to crowd the woman.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Fair Tue May 04, 2010 5:19 pm

As she walked in the door, she heard the bell and looked towards the counter.

She smiled at the woman behind the counter. "Hi. Actually, I am looking for a knife or dagger, would that be possible?" She looked around the room, taking it in.
Rowan Fair
Rowan Fair

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 5:25 pm

A smile still on her lips Arcadia nodded.

::We have the best smith around and he can make anything you need. I just need to know what type of knife or dagger you want. What type of metal and all of that.::

She pulled out an order form and a pen waiting for the woman's response.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Fair Tue May 04, 2010 11:07 pm

She moved to the counter. "What would you suggest? Honestly, I have not much knowledge in the construction of knives. I would like something strong, and not too large.....maybe with a 4 inch blade?" She looked to Arcadia imploringly.
Rowan Fair
Rowan Fair

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 11:11 pm

Arcadia took note of her requests and had a thought. Tapping the paper a moment she made the suggestion to the woman.

::How about we let the smith decide what is best. I will give him these few details and see what he comes up with. Sound like a good idea to you?::

It did to her but it was not going to be her blade in the end and the customer here had to be happy with the work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Fair Tue May 04, 2010 11:17 pm

She smiled, relieved. "That would be wonderful. I would appreciate that. Thank you."

"So, this smith...is he good?"
Rowan Fair
Rowan Fair

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 11:25 pm

A smile crossed her lips and a nod of her head.

::You are very welcome. And he is the best I know. I am sure he will come up with something wonderful for you. Did you only need the one for now to see his work? And what name should I put this under?::

She kept writing and waited.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Fair Tue May 04, 2010 11:32 pm

Rowan smiled at Arcadia. "I'm glad to hear that. I think one for now will be just fine. My name is Rowan Fair." Well. she thought to herself, that is mostly true. She walked around the room a bit, looking at what was there. She turned slightly and asked...

"By the way, what is the smith's name?"
Rowan Fair
Rowan Fair

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 11:36 pm

She wrote down the name and looked up at her. Not many wished to know the name of the smith that would be working on the pieces. This caused Arcadia to pause a moment before she answered and she was not about to give the woman more details than necessary as it seemed to her that she was fishing but for what.

::Beastie::

That was all she said in regard to the question.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Fair Wed May 05, 2010 7:18 am

She nodded and smiled. "Great, from what I can tell, he does pretty good work." She walked back to the counter. "Do you need any payment now?"
Rowan Fair
Rowan Fair

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 05, 2010 4:23 pm

Arcadia looked to Rowan with a curiously glance. Being who she was she did not waste time in asking.

::So you know of him?::

She did not answer the question not yet but she would get to that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Fair Wed May 05, 2010 4:28 pm

She shakes her head...."No, not at all. I don't know a soul here. My mother once lived here. From what I'm told she was taken from my father somehow. She's been very closed mouthed about it up until the point when she found out he'd passed." She shrugged. "I just asked because I was curious...no other reason..."

She waited on the answer about payment as she looked in her bag for her money.
Rowan Fair
Rowan Fair

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 05, 2010 4:33 pm

::No payment is necessary yet. I am sorry to hear of his passing. Were you close to him?::

She was being sympathetic and curious all at the same time but her tone had changed some. Something still did not feel right about this woman being here now but she was going to let it go.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Fair Wed May 05, 2010 4:41 pm

She looked up at Arcadia and shook her head. "No, actually, I never met him. Truth be told, he would have not known of me either."

She put her money away and picked up her bag. "So, how long does it usually take to make the knife?"
Rowan Fair
Rowan Fair

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 05, 2010 4:45 pm

A rather sad look crossed her face as she heard what she said about her father.

::I am sorry to hear that. Maybe had he known of you things would have been different.::

She tried to help where she could and thought a moment about her question.

::Knowing him the way I do, maybe three days. And that is purely an estimate. I will make sure he gets this right away.::

A smile crossed her lips once again.

::Where can we reach you at? Or did you just want to check back with us?::

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Fair Wed May 05, 2010 4:49 pm

She smiled slightly. "I'd like to think that."

She nodded at the time estimate. "I'm staying at the Inn, but I can check back. I'm still trying to get the lay of the land, as they say." She smiled.
Rowan Fair
Rowan Fair

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 05, 2010 5:01 pm

::If it is ready before that I will send a message to you at the inn to come pick it up. Or if you think of something more that is needed please feel free to stop by anytime.::

She made a note of everything and would wait for him to return to get the order.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Fair Wed May 05, 2010 5:09 pm

She smiled brightly. "Thank you so much for everything. I appreciate your help."

With that, she turned and walked to the door and opened it. She walked outside and thought about what was said in that conversation....and what wasn't.
Rowan Fair
Rowan Fair

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 05, 2010 5:20 pm

The smile was lost as she headed down into depths and made enough noise so she knew he would hear her coming. The order in hand she waited for him to acknowledge her. Something did not feel right, it was not anything magickal just an instinct this woman knew more and wanted to ask more than she was letting on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Wed May 05, 2010 6:42 pm

He barely heard her coming down into the forge itself, that was something they would have to fix. For if he barely heard her with no work, he could imagine how little he would hear when work began.

Smiling he walked over to her and said," Hey there. Just like going down every once and awhile?"
Beastie
Beastie

Number of posts : 1596

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 05, 2010 6:51 pm

She just looked at him rather expressionless but her eyes would tell a different story. Holding out the paper she spoke softly and rather worried.

::This order just came in. She wants something about with a strong blade about 4 inches.::

Arcadia waited and was possibly going to watch him work as it had been awhile since she has been into this area of a forge.

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Wed May 05, 2010 7:07 pm

He nodded and looked at the order, "Very vague. Tell me about her so that I can get an idea of what might work for her. Besides making her a dagger."

He looked at her and saw the worry there, but he did not want to pry at all. He watched her movements and listened to what she said. Motioning she should follow him and take a seat as he began to get the coals hot.
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 05, 2010 7:12 pm

Taking the seat where he motioned she did not know how much he would need to know or what all he would need to know.

::She seemed to be fishing for information without coming out and asking it. She was about my height and build but a bit plumper.::

Stopping she took a few deep breaths before looking up at him again.

::She said her mom used to live around here once and her father passed away but she did not know him. Also something about her mother was taken from her father for some reason.::

She hushed already feeling as if she was telling him too much as it was.

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Wed May 05, 2010 7:19 pm

He listened and nodded here and there.

"So curious and on a quest for something. So the blade will have to be strong and durable. Upset and and mysterious. So might need to make it so that it can be hidden. Your height you say and build, so it can be a little heavy in the handle in case she likes to thrown things. But am thinking it needs to be simple. Not overly adorn with jewels and such."

he nodded to himself as his brain went into work mode. His eyes taking on a different light, and the sweat building on his body.
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next