Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

A Mystery Delivery (Open)

3 posters

Go down

A Mystery Delivery (Open) Empty A Mystery Delivery (Open)

Post by Derick Silverleaf Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:13 pm

Let’s go back a few weeks. Three weeks and 3 days to be exact. The hammer would be making the loud clinks when the page came in. It wasn't a great job, but the shop needed someone that just had to greet patrons and take or hand out orders. He had the fun job of coming in and delivering the scribbles that he called orders to the nearest smith. Sometimes he caught them on a good day and just got a grunted appreciation. Other times...well....lets just say he has started to expand his hat collection to helmets and shields. But that day, he had the luck to bring the newest order to Derick.

Hey D, got a new one. Don't hate me too bad.

As the boy extended out his hand, jokingly not wanting to get too far into striking range, he would smile up to the sooted smith. Picking up the piece of metal Derick was currently working on, he quickly tossed it into the vat of water that was near by. Throwing off his gloves, one hitting its mark on top of the anvil the other not so much, he went to the boy, snatching up the slip.

Thank you, James. It's what I always wanted.

Derick was the only smith that seemed to get along with the boy. Along with everyone actually. He didn't have the whole 'the world owes me something' attitude that the others did. Unlike the others, he actually enjoyed keeping up conversations with the people around him. It secretly kept him sane. Besides, outside of the walls of the shop he was the silent man that he had grown into the last decade. Looking down at the paper, it would be a few seconds before those crystal blues would widen. The look that would come over his face would be a cross between surprise and worry. Eyes would blink looking down at the slip, look to James, blink....then back to the paper with a surprising blink. James knew that look. He would turn to quickly return to the front desk, protective hands instinctively moving to cover his noggin. Derick was silent. Well....this would be interesting.

And now let’s return to the present. It took three weeks to fill this order. So many different pieces needed to be designed, crafted, polished and assembled. You couldn't exactly say he was looking forward to finishing this project as he was unsure as to how this would all go down. But none the less, his craftsmanship that he had come to be proud of would show through his work. It was all he had to show of himself at the moment. So, the long, familiar trek to the inn would find him, a wagon and nick walking most of the day. Nick, of course, being the old draft horse the shop had acquired as payment for a farmer. Pulling up to the inn, Derick would pause. He would have to take several minutes to look around. The place looked practically the same. A few trees were larger. A few stones turned. But over all....the place that he remembered.

A slight sigh came through lips. He would look down. On days that he was delivering he liked to look a bit more presentable. So to that end he would be checking to make sure things were in order. Those characteristic tight leathers were clean of debris. Emerald green shirt clung loosely to torso, though a hand would come up to wipe away a phantom dirt spot. Quickly turning to the wagon, he would hoist up a medium sized box with rope handles on the sides. Walking the way he did, it seemed it was rather heavy, having to slightly support it with his thigh as he walked up to the front door. Using the nimbleness of an elf, he would turn form, letting his right hand work at the door until he succeeded in turning the handle, allowing his entrance. As he walked up to that desk, those hues started to look about, almost frantically. As if he was expecting to see those ghosts from the past, trying to keep his eyes ahead of any surprises that may be lurking. Once at the desk, the box would be lifted up and placed on the counter. Then.....he had to wait. He knew this game. There was always someone around. Though, for whatever reason, he was simply afraid to ring that bell. No, he would wait.

And nervous face would return as his form started to lean against the desk. Looking to see if he would be lucky enough to drop off the order without too much.....issue.
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Number of posts : 163

Back to top Go down

A Mystery Delivery (Open) Empty Re: A Mystery Delivery (Open)

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:38 am

There was no need for him to ring the bell - she knew that he was there and that there was no one at the desk to service him. This, of course would be remedied rather quickly and promptly as De'Ryanna came from out of the Meeting Hall and was dusting her hands upon her full length silver colored skirt. Her hair was back in a single braid and though she held her head up a bit there was a polite smile on her face as to not appear to stern or strict.

"Greetings and welcome to the Tel'Ranaemyn Inn. How may I help you?" The words were level - not overly happy or bubbly - and spoken with genuine interested. She did want to know how she could help him or else she wouldn't have said it.

As a habit she looked what she could see of him over as she took up a position behind the desk. Habit then caused her to reach for the ledger and pull it out, setting it atop of the desk. From first look she didn't remember him- no worries here on meeting past ghost - however the smell of him was familiar. Perhaps he had been to the Inn once before? De'Ryanna also took note of the box he carried.

Her hands folded over the ledger and she waited, the smile staying in place as she waited.

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Number of posts : 566

Back to top Go down

Post by Derick Silverleaf Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:57 am

Hearing and seeing to woman, a warm smile would come over crimsons. His form would square up as she approached. He didn't recognize her. So yes, the place had changed since he had been around.

Oh. Well thank you, but I am not here for the Inn. The name's Derick. I actually used to stay here, but I have an order from the smithy. Got the samples here to be looked over. Um, where can I find Tel'Ranaemyn? I wanted to make sure they were to his liking before dropping off the lot.

Yes, he would just name off the name of the Inn as if it were a person. Turning to the box, he would flip the two latches on it's lid and opened her up. Inside would be one each of wall mount lanterns, candle sticks, door knobs, knockers, and all kinds of other small odds and ends. All made of different materials fitting the item.
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:24 am

So that is why his scent was familiar. People were always about the Inn and with the way she was about getting out and seeing others it didn't surprise her that she never met him while he had his visit. "From my understanding, Derick, this is the only Tel'Ranaemyn in this area of Rhy'din." If there was another then she did not know about it, neither did she know if there was anyone by that name in the city. What she did know was that: "There's no one by that name in residence here at the time either."

De'Ryanna was trying to be helpful even if she didn't open the book to flip through it and make sure she was correct.

Leaning forward a tad her eyebrows peeked as she looked into the box he had opened and presented to her. "Oh. Fixings," she said with a bit of a brighter smile as she looked from the box to him. Perhaps an order had been made for new parts throughout the Inn and she hadn't been informed? If that was the case she made up her mind to find the one who placed it and remind them about proper procedure. Nevertheless....

"Due to the contents of your box are you sure you were not suppose to deliver them here and the one who placed the order with you simply called the Inn, Tel'Ranaemyn? Do you remember who placed the order?" Now she pulled out a sheet of paper and positioned a pencil in her hand. "Perhaps it was Madeline Cauthon?" Mentioning her because Epiphany had been away, so that's the only other person she could think of that would have placed any order for the Inn aside from the Elves.

"My name is De'Ryanna, by the way."

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:24 pm

Madeline had just came out of her room, and was on her way to the gym. Dressed in grey sweat pants, and a black tank top. She had her hair pulled back into a pony tail and had a white towel draped over her right shoulder. She saw her half sister at the front desk tending to a customer.

Madeline was going to keep going, since it looked like De'Ryanna had it under control. But then she heard her her name, so she made her way over. She nodded to the gentleman, then looked at her sister. "Hey, what's up?"
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Number of posts : 1173

http://madelinecauthon.webstarts.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:00 pm

"Yes, quite fortunate. There you are." De'Ryanna heard Madeline coming and turned her head in the direction she was coming in order to acknowledge her presence. Being that her half sister may be able to shed a bit of light on the subject De'Ryanna stepped off to the side and indicated the man on the other side of the desk to her.

"Madeline, this is Derick. Derick, Madeline, she also works here at the Inn and tends to the needs of our guest." It was their job. With the greeting out of the way she went down to business, hoping to shed more light on the subject. "He's here with a package of fixings that may be replacement parts for around the Inn." One hand was still on the ledger and her fingers were tapping against the book.

"If they are then I certainly don't know anything about it and thought perhaps you did." De'Ryanna looked again to Derick before back to Madeline. "If not then perhaps you'd like to give this man a room to stay in to refresh before he goes about his travels." She gave that suggestion for he looked a bit travel worn to her. The smell from outdoors was still there and so she assumed that he had been outside for a bit of time.

Yes, if Madeline thought that De'Ryanna was trying to push the service of the customer over on to her then she would be correct.

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:13 pm

Maddie didn't mind helping out. "I have no clue De'Ryanna. I haven't been back long enough to order anything,but if you have something to do I got this."

Maddie made her way behind the desk, and placed her towel down below the counter top. Maddie didn't mind waiting on customers, especially cute ones.She turned her attention to Derrick. She looked him up and down with her brown eyes. He was definitely a sight for her eyes. "Hello Derrick, nice to see you again."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Derick Silverleaf Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:31 pm

As De'Ryanna was speaking the truth of the situation, a look of complete puzzlement came over his features. Usually both he and James the Page were so very good at keeping everything in order. But it would seem not only did they seem to receive the wrong information for the correct location, but now there was a delima of who exactly he needed to deliver too. If anything, Derick was one for procedure. In his mind, the signature on the receipt needed to be the same as the one on the order.

Well, um.....that's the name of the gentleman that placed the order. And the address is the Inn, there's no doubt about that. Umm....I've been here before.

Now this was a predicament. But then all of a sudden a look of pure content and pleasure came from her reaction to the contents of the crate. yes, he take some amount of pride in his own work. it was, after all, pretty much his life for the past few years. Not bad some a bloke who took up smithing as a hobby in his younger years. Wasn't until the last few years he turned it into a way of making some coin from time to time. Hell, he didn't actually call himself a smith until the past year when he planted himself in the local shop. but then, she had to name drop. When she spoke, a small smile would come to those crimsons.

Maddie? No. I think I would remember if she came into the shop. Not only from seeing her again, but my page wouldn;t have been able to so easily hand me the order without spewing some nonsence about the love of his life.

With those words, he would chuckle lightly. Yes, that was one of the few names he would remember from his short stay at the inn. And by this time she should catch on to the fact that he had once been a resident. of course, all of that would be sent to the side lines when the one that ears were ringing on just so happened to walk by at that instant. Those cryastal blues would look from the woman over to Maddie. Opening a little wide even. That small smirk turned into a wide smile. However, from the way she casually walked up she must not have taken too much notice to him.

Well it's a pleasure to meet you, De'Ryanna. If it helps, I come from Killian's Forge.

It seem like no one would be taking claim of the order, but he still had to declare where he was from. never no. Might spark something. But as the two spoke, that smile would remain. It was true that while he was here so long ago that he didn't get out too much, but he did meet some people. It would be a fair statement that he definitely had a different demeanor then he did last he was here.

As De'Ryanna brought up the attempt of getting his business he would slightly chuckle. Shaking his head a bit. Those hues looking between the two now.

Oh no, thats alright. Um....right now, i'm just here for a delivery. However....it's really hard to do so without any of us knowing who placed the order. Um....would it help at all to say that it was already paid for? Maybe you have money records around? It was all paid for up front.

While Maddie started to come up closer around to the desk, Derick would look to her again. She did look a bit different then he remembered, but he knew her. Didn't speak to her much, though that was hardly out of his norm. The way he was with women and all. but then she spoke to him. instantly, that familiar warm smile came to lips.

Hello again, Madeline. It is very good to see you again. Been a while.

And that was it. Man a few words. but sometimes, a picture was worth a jillian of them. At the moment he was all smiles. Maybe it was the fact that he rarely got a chance to actually interact with people. Not just taking orders, or listening to pointless directions, or listening to complaint. An actual conversation, no matter how short of time it had been thus far. ......Maybe.
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:50 pm

Madeline was curious to who ordered the stuff for the inn, but at the same time there was no rush either. Especially if it meant that Derick was going to stay longer. She returned Dericks warm smile. "I sure do hope you'll stay awhile this time. I'd like to catch up on how ya been."

She then turned her attention to De'Ryanna." Go do what you have to De'Ryanna. I'll call ya if I need some help."

Maddie loved her half sister, but it was easier to flirt with Derick with De'Ryanna gone.
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Derick Silverleaf Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:09 pm

It would seem the world was against him. When Maddie spoke, he turned to her. A half smirk came over crimsons as he still looked between the two, twas courteous after all. Even though he had just revealed a huge order of upgrades and new shinnies for the place, the fact of him sticking around somehow became the goal of this encounter. And double teaming him at that. Did he honestly have any chance?

Well I.....heh. Well thank you. Would be nice to speak again. Though, I'm not sure if I can. I got this load to deliver, then get the cart back....

He would trail off as his sights looked back to the door he came through, looking out to see the cart and horse. Looking back he turned those blues to Maddie. It was obvious he was pondering at the moment. But pondering what? The order? The offer?

Um....all I know is a guy calling himself Tel'Ranaemyn came in and placed the order. And I know I got the place right. I doubt it would be divine intervention to send me here with a huge order, leaving all of the money for it behind at the shop. Hell, I don't even get a quarter of that coin.

Again, a slight chuckle came through into the seemly quiet room. He never was one for sorting out....situations. But he did know that if he didn't drop the stuff off with knowing it's the right thing to do there would be hell to pay.
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:25 pm

"Hmm."

That was all the reply that De'Ryanna gave as she was listening to the conversation flow about her. The reply was more to what Derick had said about where he was from and that the package was already paid for. He was right, with information like that the mystery behind the package could very well be discovered.

There was also the matter of Madeline having things under control. Deciding to let her take care keeping the man entertained, De'Ryanna reached for the shell-phone (it was the shape and color of a conch shell and a pun designed by Epiphany) and stood to the side and out of the way. "Killian's Forge please." The phone must go by an operator service. "Yes, hello. Connect me to a manager please." The no nonsense tone in her voice said that she was going to get to the bottom of this and that she was going to get retribution for the confusion and inconvenience.

De'Ryanna made this phone call, and another, with her back turned to the other two and her voice never raised above a conversational level. When she was done the shell came down from her ear and was placed back on its hook as she gave Derick and Madeline a smile.

"Unless you are wanting to leave that package in our care, Derick, the only options available to you are to take a room for the night or to come back in the morning. If you choose to stay the rate of the room for the night will be waived and paid for by Mister Telra Naemyn. He's the one who ordered your delivery and he has been delayed as he was suppose to be here earlier. Now he will not make it until the marrow."

The man probably thought it was funny. But she had told him of his unorthodox ways over the phone and wondered if he still found it humorous. "If you do decide to stay here then Madeline will have you sign the paper and give you a room." With this new information she waited to see if she was still needed.

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by Derick Silverleaf Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:51 pm

As De'Ryanna went about taking care of some business, Derick would be locked in the conversation with Maddie. Those eyes watching her as she spoke, but of course he would not be rude, he would look around to others if and when they passed by. Though, a curious brow would raise seeing De'Ryanna. Now that should be an interesting conversation. If it was a real one at that...

None the less, he would be very interested in getting this situation handled. A bad mark would not look good on his work record. He had been trying so hard lately to do a good job. For the first time in a very long while he was starting to become content in his position in this world. But all thoughts would fly out of his head as De'Ryanna came back. And then she delivered that news. the news of him having to stay til morning in order to get this settled. He looked to her, his features not exactly showing disappointment but rather signs of perplex.

Oh? Well....thought you said...? Never mind. Um.....well if I have to wait til morning, then I guess I should stay. I don't feel like making the long trip another time tomorrow. Makes since to stay. So please, I guess I will be needing a room. Oh! And are there still stable hands here? I have my horse outside that will need space as well.

He did look back outside once more at that. Yup, he had been coerced into staying. Ladies one, Derick....zero. So, since she was directing this business to Maddie, he would turn attention back to her with a that slight smirk.

Guess you're getting your wish. But you got the first round. I think I'll need it to knock loose some memories of the last few months.
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:28 am

"Go ahead De'Ryanna I'll get Mr. Derick checked in. Go finish whatever it was you needed to do." Madeline was talking to her sister, but grinning like a cheshire cat at Derick.

Madeline then pulled out the check in book and looked for Derick a room. She decided to put him right next door to herself. She wrote his name beside room 115. She turned the book around and handed Derick the pen. "Sign here beside your name. Oh and Derick, I always get what I want."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Derick Silverleaf Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:21 pm

And just as quickly as he came through the door he would handed a pen and being told to sign on the dotted line. He would show a slight moment of hesitation. There were, after all, some aspects of the Inn that he was unsure as to how he would deal with. Some things that took a lot of time and a lot of distractions to get out of his mind to become as sure of himself as he had. There was still a ways to go, but he has come miles!

Looking down at the book that was slid to him, he would elegently sign his name. Surely this wasn't the penmanship of blacksmith! But sure enough it was his own hand. And as he heard her words, that smirk returned to lips. Luckily he was looking down at the time. But when he did look back to her, that warm smile of his was present.

Well I guess so if you can simply assign me to any room of your choosing. I'm afraid to ask what else you could want if thiings come so easily to you.
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:03 am

Madeline raised one eyebrow and handed Derick his key. "Oh you'd be surprised. Perhaps I could show you sometime."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:06 pm

Clearly Derick was in suitable hands and would be taken care of - there wasn't much to showing a person to their rooms unless something were to happen along the way. Then again, this is Rhy'din and the unexpected is expected to happen. She had no more need to be here and was only still hanging around because she had taken a sheet of paper and was making a few notations on it concerning meeting with the man who had placed his order and wasn't here to get it.

De'Ryanna wasn't eavesdropping on their conversation but she had ears and could hear, what she heard near the end made her chuckle a bit as she folded up the paper and began to walk away. "Females tend to always get what they want in the end Derick. It would be better for you when you finally accept that realization."

She made her statement with a small smile and tapped two fingers upon the desk as she turned and headed out - that was one of her ways of saying goodbye. If he needed further assistance he had her name, and Madeline's and, of course, he knew where the front desk was.

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by Derick Silverleaf Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:50 pm

Now, Derick could be a flirt. Gods know hes got the looks for it. However, usually when he actually put an effort, his form of flirting usually meant a crowded room would end up laughing at the poor boy. Talking the talk was not one of his strong points. So when he is put in a situation that involved such skill, he was usually rubbish. Even worse off, he didn't know how to act when he was on the receiving end. So when Maddie made that last comment, those crimsons would curl into a half smirk, grin thing. Looking down at the handed key, he would reach out hand to take it from her.

Well, umm.... I guess you know where i'll be fore the next day or so. So...plenty of opportunity.

That would have to do as a recoil. But then of course De'Ryanna had to put in her two cents. Looking to her, he would smile and simply shake his head. His form turning, now more leaning on the desk then he previously had been. Surely a sign of being more informal and relaxed.

I rarely go down without a fight. Besides, letting woman put up a little fight before men give in makes the win that much better. Right?

At least that was the logic in his mind. Well, it seemed he was done for. The place had reclaimed him for 1 day at least. Turning to the box, he would move over to close and latch the lid. Then, looking to Maddie, nodding to De'Ryanna as she walked away, he would smile a bit.

So....where should I park the cart am my horse? And then there's my delivery. Is it gunna be safe in the stables?
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:04 pm

Madeline almost cackled at the thought. "Is that a dare or a double dare Derrick. Put your horse and the cart in the stables. Yes they will be perfectly safe."

Maddie considered herself a rather exceptional flirt. It was one of the bonuses of being a Cauthon.

Madeline made her way from behind the desk, and made her way to way to stand in front of Derick. She got as close as she could without physically touching. She had a devilish grin. " Now uh, why don't you be a good boy, and go put your horse and cart in the stables. Then meet me back at the bar, and we'll put your I'm gonna win theory to a test."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Derick Silverleaf Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:20 pm

For what she said, he couldn't help but put off a huge smile, chuckling a bit as he looked down. That key being mindlessly played with between fingers. But, no answer would come to her for that one. It would be that next set of comments that would get a true reaction. As she started to walk towards him, that smile remained. It would be as she got so close that it would fade into a look of question, a brow raising. Yes, he still had his nervous moments. That about him would most likely never change.

Now, he wasn't a push-over. If any thing, he was anything but. However, there are just some situations that makes become his old quiet and, dare I say it, submissive self. When her words were spoken, he would watch her. She seemed so coy and confident in her words and stance. Twas a good thing. Those blues drifted down a bit, catching a glimpse of moving lips within those words. Hey, sometimes its best to also read the words for true understanding......right? Yeah, that's it.

After she suggested what should come next, that smirk would return, again looking down at key for a moment.

Well, alright. I suppose I could use a good drink. 'S been a long day. And since I'm staying for the night, no sense in wasting time in the room. So yes, I would like that. Um....would be nice to see some bits of this place again. It's been a while.

Again, he avoided her last comment, only smirking. It's best for him to not try coming up with anything witty. Would probably just come out bad. So, with that, he would nod to her. Almost hesitant to move away, he watched her for a second as he took a side step. Then turning, bod would be hoisted up with a light grunt and he headed tot he door. Frame turned to push at the door sense both hands were occupied. Looking back to her once more with that soft smile, and then out he went to tend to his cart.

Oh D....what have you gotten yourself into?

Those words only meant for his own ears as he dropped the box back into the cart and headed to the stables. Now where did they leave them?
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down