Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Front Desk Delivery [open]

+2
Violet
B.D. Adams
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Front Desk Delivery [open] Empty Front Desk Delivery [open]

Post by B.D. Adams Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:54 pm

(―`·._) “The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.” - Ayn Rand (―`·._)

How long it had been since Benjamin Adams made his presence known in this realm of Rhydin was of little consequence to him. Whether here or abroad he was still able to manage the things that were his and therefore his location meant nothing. What did matter was the reason why he was away.

Currently Benjamin stood in his study, arms crossed and feet shoulder width apart as he looked at the two items that rested next to each other on the ebony podium. They were two different things for two different people who resided at the same place: The Tel'Ranaemyn Inn. He was examining the objects with his eyes and them without touching them, looking for any imperfections in the craftsmanship or detail. Everything had to be correct and to the specifications that he had given. There was another in the room with him, a dusty haired male in the uniform, who was waiting quietly.

"Everything is in order. You did a good job."

"Thank you. It wasn't easy."

"Of course it wasn't." If Benjamin would have acquired the items himself it would have been easy, even more so if he had skipped steps and created them. He had his reasons for not being to involved with the process – his part would come later. "Make sure no one touches them but their intended owners."

If the man gave a reply it wasn't acknowledged as Benjamin walked into the rooms shadows as soon as his words were ended. His people knew not to go against what he told them to do. If he couldn't trust a person to do such a simple task as watching items then they were of no use to him. And if they were of no use. . .

The shadows he entered twisted and when they straightened out Benjamin was standing outside of the Inn, arms still crossed and a small wind pulling at the bottom of his open black leather vest. He stood there for a moment or two and simply looked at the Inn. He didn't like it there - rather he didn't like specific creatures that resided there like the daimon and her sister. As far as he was concerned those two were the only ones that could really pose a threat to him and his mission here today. And Benjamin wasn't a fool to think that neither of them would take notice of his presence. Just as he could feel them the same worked in reverse – even if the sister may not understand what she was feeling exactly. The head of the Cauthon house was also there, he could smell him, but that was hardly a mark in his book. But he wasn't going to forget about Thor - the man was a god and the possibility that he had a vendetta against him was likely.

There were considerably more cons then pros when he had weighed his options earlier and yet he had decided to make this venture instead of very easily having the items delivered or appear in the domicile of his two ladies, but he preferred to do it this way.

His heavy boots hit upon the ground at a methodic pace as he made his way up the rest of the path. He uncrossed his arms and let his hands hang down by the sides of his black baggy pants. Benjamin made no attempt to mask his presence as he did when he had frequented the Inn as Willow, the dark energy moving about him. As soon as his foot went down on the material that made up the porch a rumble emanated from inside his chest and if he did not have the level if control he had the rumble would have turned into a growl. Or worst. Still, he continued up the porch steps and reached out to open the main door.

Thus Benjamin entered the Inn and waited by the front desk.

B.D. Adams
B.D. Adams

Number of posts : 198

Back to top Go down

Front Desk Delivery [open] Empty Re: Front Desk Delivery [open]

Post by Violet Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:33 pm

Leaving Jamison's rooms, she was still dressed in his shirt and loose fitting pants, her long blonde wavy locks were hung loosely about her. If she had not been in Jamison's room she would of been her natural way, naked, but he had let her borrow an outfit. It was probably best for she was going to go into town. Not that the town was not used to naked people, just that it seemed a lot of people were uncomfortable about the littlest of things.

Her mind was on the trip that she was about to take. Now there was that ward for when someone came to the desk but that ward did not alert her. So it was completely by chance that this was the time she was going down and on her way out. She paused once she was walking past, when she noticed that there was someone at the counter. Pausing in step, she turned and made her way over to the counter. She did not step behind the counter, but she moved to the side, not next to him, but a corner. "Uh, hey there, can I help you with something?" It wasn't her normal job so she didn't want to move behind the counter, that just seemed weird to her. But she didn't want to leave the man standing there either, what if he needed something, or had something that needed to be delivered right away? She was not going to hinder that, she was going to be rather helpful.

As she stood there, she could sense something about this man, though she wasn't able to put her finger on anything. It was just one of those, skin crawling feelings, like there was a wolf at your door sort.
Violet
Violet

Number of posts : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:22 am

Madeline was coming from her room to the bar. She was dressed in black jeans and a black tank top. Her hair was down around her shoulder in a loose curl.

When she got close to the front desk, she noticed a blonde girl, who she had noticed around the inn a few times, and a man with her back to her so she didn't recognize him to begin with.

She sighed and made her way behind the desk. "Welcome to Tel'Ranaemyn how may I....." her words trailed off in mid sentence when she looked at who the man was.

Madeline stared coldly at him. "What the hell do you want"
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Number of posts : 1173

http://madelinecauthon.webstarts.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by B.D. Adams Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:38 pm

One of the things he liked about this Inn happened to be the lovely things that always resided within, like the approaching blonde in another mans clothes. How did he know they were not hers? She carried a few scents; one of them being of the opposite sex which she was not. There was also something else about her, but it was one he was unsure of at the moment for the scent could have come from simply being in a persons presence.

He followed her with his eyes as she neared, taking in the way that she walked and even let a small smile cross his lips as she continued to near. Benjamin gave a tip of his head to the pretty blond when she started to pass him, expecting her to continue about her way. He didn’t recognize her as a worker her and didn’t expect a random person to stop and tend to his need, therefore, when she changed her course and asked her question, his smile widened by a smidge.

“If you have spent time in this Inn then I do believe that you may be able to help me.” His posture didn’t change so his hands stayed at his sides and feet were a proper distance apart. “Thank you.”

Never let it be said that the man didn’t have manners, he only didn’t display them all the time.

Just as he was about to make his mission known to her another scent from the Inn started to grow stronger – meaning that the person it belonged to was drawing near – and again his smile grow to where it was more of a smirk. He looked from the lovely blonde with a nod of his head and then directed his attention to the one behind the desk.

“Madeline, I see you’re still alive. Imagine that.” The smirk said it and there was humor in his dark eyes. “This lovely lady here was about to help me, graciously taking time away from her plans but since you are here…I’ve come for De’Ryanna and Pris. I have something for them." With the smirk still in place he turned his head to look at the blonde once more.

"I’m sure the lady here can keep me entertained while you relay my message.”

B.D. Adams
B.D. Adams

Back to top Go down

Post by Violet Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:04 pm

She would give a small bob of her head, in the affirmative, she was the sort that couldn't just walk past a stranger standing at the desk. Okay so she could of walked past him, but he did look like he needed help, and today she was in a helpful mood. Now that was a bit tricky, if she had spent time in this inn, oh but she had. "Then I am your girl." It wasn't meant in any shape way or form, other then she would be glad to assist him.

Yes, because all blondes with blue eyes looked alike, right? Did this place have a thing against blondes? Sure she had seen a few here and there, in her other form, but it wasn't like the place was a Swedish Swim Meet. She did not address the lady, for she had not a clue whom the lady was, until the man gave her a name. Now that name and that face would be matched together in her head. Even if they had not been introduced.

She would speak up, "I don't mind at all, entertaining our guest, while you go on the small mission of helping out." She would cast a small smile towards the one he called Madeline, before turning a bright smile back to the man. Harmless flirting.
Violet
Violet

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:27 pm

Madeline, regaining her cool, leaned back on the desk and smirked. Her darker side was subtly rearing it's ugly head. "Well you know, death is not all what it's cracked up to be, but hey, I get by."

It had been along while since she had seen Benjamin, and she had changed a lot since Ben had saw her last. No longer was she the frail naive girl that Benjamin last saw. Between the spending time on Shayol Ghul and barely escaping to the time in the coven, Madeline was, let's just say, different.

She was trying to keep from laughing at the girl who seemed so eager to "entertain" Benjamin. "Dy'Ryanna is here somewhere I'm sure. Hell I'm sure she already knows. I'll bet she'll coming running like a good puppy, if ya want her to." Her tone had a darkly sarcastic tone to it.

"I don't know who this Pris person is, seeing how I just got back, so I don't know all the new roomies yet. I think my little sis could tell ya that. Besides, I'd think it would be more fun to watch Blondie here entertain you."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by B.D. Adams Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:07 am

Clearly Madeline had learned to be immature and rude in the time span since their last meeting. Suggesting that she watch any form of entertainment between him and the Blonde could be considered lewd depending on the parties involved. He could tell that Madeline was changing but the change was to her benefit, if she was turning ‘darker’ why would he do anything to stop it? It would be more to his benefit to help it along.

“I see.” Was all he would say to Madeline.

When seeking to maintain control over ones self it is always best to focus on something simple that would take a lot of effort and was easy to do. If he cared enough about helping Madeline stay in control of herself he would have given her that bit of advice, even if what she chose to focus on was her anger towards him. The object of Benjamin’s focus was the lovely lady next to him. Though even if she were not there he would be able to maintain his composure, but there was no harm in using another person as well, especially if they were willing. Besides, there was something intriguing about her that he almost thought he knew. She smiled at him and he returned it with one of his own, the causal flirtation of people in a social situation.

“It seems as though I must impose upon you for Madeline here does not seem to be in a helpful mood.” Benjamin indicated Madeline with a tip of his head in her direction. He heard what she said about De’Ryanna and not knowing Pris, but he also knew that the Inn’s ledger held an account of everyone staying and where their rooms were. She could help, if she wanted.

“I will not lie, I do know the rooms of the people I seek but I am not a resident here at the Inn and it would be rather rude of me to simply walk the residential areas alone. However you…” He let what he said hang for a moment, his head tipping as he made eye contact with the Blonde. Benjamin was being very careful to not do anything, which is why all this time he continued to maintain his mostly still composure. All she would get from his eyes, if she made contact with them, was the strength of his gaze letting her know that he was anything but a weak minded creature.

“You do reside here and since Madeline would rather I do my own business could I borrow your time and have you accompany me?”

He even asked politely. If Madeline was going to hinder him then he had no use for her.

B.D. Adams
B.D. Adams

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:20 am

"Now now. Don't get your panties in a twitch Benji. Just because I don't like to help people that have killed me types doesn't mean I wont help."

Madeline without taking her eyes off Benjamin. Called for her half sister in a loud enough voice for De'Ryanna's super hearing could pick up. "De'Ryanna! Benjamin wants you at the front desk!!"

She looked at him and smiled. "See,helping. Now for your Pris, Prissy whatever her name is."

Madeline looked in the ledger to see what room she's in. "She's in room 207. "
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:59 am

Madeline had a good set of lungs and while De'Ryanna didn't hear all of the message her ears picked up her name and Benjamin's and 'front desk', that was enough for her to piece the meaning together.

"I know he's here. No need to yell." De'Ryanna said out loud with a huff, though she didn't say it to anyone in particular but more to herself and that's because she was in her room on the second floor. She knew that Benjamin was in the Inn, she felt his presence when he appeared outside and she knew that he wanted to see her.

She was ignoring it.

Right now there were other things for her to do which, especially now, were more important - like practicing her focus and concentration. De'Ryanna needed to focus her thoughts so they would not drift in the direction of him. She sat indian style on the floor, spreading her skirt around her, and closed her eyes while inhaling slowly. Focus. Focus. Focus. She was a flower, opening up to the sun.

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Number of posts : 566

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:01 pm

it just so happened that at the time of madeline's yelling, pris whatever her name is was walking from her room - where she barely spent any time anymore - back to her most precious duck's room which was next door. she wasn't any fancy creature with super hearing but standing in the open hallway she heard what madeline called out.

oh she heard it all right.

her parent - who'd dumped her at a cemetery in newport news virginia after ignoring the very important string of things she'd said to him just before he poofed after killing daddy donnelley, who'd not said a word to her in weeks nearly months to the point where she figured he was just like dommy and got a more important job than looking after her - was downstairs. looking not for her. but for the bitchwitch.

under normal circumstances this would be enough to make pris huff. but she was currently on her monthly, so it was enough to make her growl. benjamin was downstairs and wanted to see the bitchwitch and not her? fine. fine. she'd be happy to let the big bad wolf know what she thought about his neglect.

maybe they could all hear the stomping down the stairs. she was wearing her chunky red mary janes which went clop clop clop when she walked at her normal gait. so they were great shoes for her current irritation. the foot stomps stopped when she was at the top of the first floor stairs. a thud followed, and that was pris sitting on said top step. from here, she could see the people at the front desk. most of them, at least. because of angles and walls and ceilings their heads and shoulders were cut off like a poorly taken picture.

but she could see them enough to do this. a small bit of scuffling, so minor they might not be able to hear it. but if they could see her, or most of her or even just the bottom half of her, they'd see the bottom of a tie-dyed labcoat (yes, it was donald's, and yes she'd tie-dyed a second lab coat so he could have one too even though he didn't ask for one or tell her she could steal one of his for herself), orange stocking legs and color-smeared fingers taking off one red shoe.

then they'd see her right hand flinging said shoe in their direction as hard as she could fling.

if only things went as pris painted them in her mind. if her mental drawing came true, her red shoe would have hit benjamin right in his big negligent wolf-grin head. but considering how far she had to throw, and the angle she was forced to throw at, it would probably hit below waist level if it hit benjamin at all.

hopefully it didn't hit anyone else. pris' shoe was no sweet little ballet slipper, not today! once she threw it, pris stood with a huff and retreated. "stupid bitchwitch." was muttered. stomping back up the stairs to the second floor, the sound of her foot fall had changed - because she now had one stocking foot, and one shoe foot. but it was worth it to make her feelings known. sometimes, the best way to communicate is by throwing a shoe.

especially when you're on your monthly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Violet Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:04 pm

She watched the play by play, between the nice gentleman, whom she took his name was Benjamin, and the woman, whom she had learned was Madeline. Oh that hostility could be cut with a knife. She didn't like that, she was a peaceful loving creature, for the most part. And when he asked for her help she gave a nod of her head, "It would be my pleasure." Now if the other woman, hadn't been so mean, she probably wouldn't of said it with a side of flirt. The man didn't need to feel unwelcome, did he?

She wondered how it was, that this Madeline did not know Pris, she flat out said it, yet she made fun of the girls name? That wasn't very nice. Oh, she had a feeling this Madeline was not a nice girl at all! Noted.

There was clunking on the stairs but she had her back to them, as she was awaiting for Benjamin to be ready for her to take him up to room 207. It was then, that that shoe came flying, and as her back was there, and she did not have any special powers, or if she did none that she was going to show. It hit her! The big clunky shoe hit her right in her deary aire! A small yelp, escaped as her hands moved to hold her butt..."I've been hit!" She looked around, spotting the shoe, "It's a run by shoeing! Duck!! Take cover!" Moving she would hobble a bit, her butt probably had a bruise from that shoe, delicate skin ya know, to hide behind the side of the desk.
Violet
Violet

Back to top Go down

Post by B.D. Adams Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:45 pm

It should be noted that Madeline would not have died had she not taken aggressive action towards Benjamin. He had been engaged in a private conversation with De’Ryanna when the other girl decided it was a good idea to sneak up and try to stab him in the back. Actions reap consequences. Perhaps she should be thanking him for she appeared less restrained by inhibitions than she had been before.

If not slightly hard of hearing.

The smile stayed on his face when he turned his attention from the Blonde and partially looked at the one behind the desk. "Your blatant aggression towards me has clogged your ears, Madeline. I said I knew where their rooms were located." There wasn't any need for her to have told him Pris’ room number or to yell up the stairs like that. Had no one ever told her that was rude? Benjamin may not be the nicest person but at least he had decorum. Nevertheless, the yelling did produce a result: the smell of Pris grew stronger and he almost chuckled at the wave of negative emotion he felt from her directed towards him. It was funny because he knew she'd be upset but also because he enjoyed the feel of her varying emotions.

He thought that she was going to come down the steps and therefore directed his attention to the lady before him as she was speaking to him. "Your company is appreciated. Maybe I could get your name? If not, calling you Lovely will have to suffice," and he began to turn to the steps.

Then came the shoe.

Now whether or not Benjamin had seen it coming down the steps in enough time to warn Lovely, or why he didn't stop it from hitting his new companion would be left speculation. Either way it hit Lovely and she then dived to the side of the desk. Benjamin heard Pris' words and knew that she was walking away, he bent down to pick up the shoe with his right hand and wrapped his fingers around it. His right knee was also touching the ground and his head was up, giving him a clear view up those stairs. "Do not go far, my dear Oxymoron," the words he spoke were fashioned to travel up the stairs and reach her ears even though he did not raise his voice. He was taking a risk in sending his words through the Inn's structure but it was directed and not very strong. "For I have also come to see you. I have a gift."

Then he stood and broke the connection with the Inn, the shoe was in his hand and he crouched down in front of the hiding Lovely. "You seem to have been the unfortunate victim of a shoe-ing that was meant for me. It's okay to come out now." He stood but did not offer his hand to help her up, he would have, but he had a mission here and didn't need any personal transference from him to cause a stir.

"Up the stairs we go." That was where he was heading and perhaps Lovely would still choose to accompany him.

It was to bad that De’Ryanna didn’t choose to exhibit a reaction like Pris, but that is what made his two girls different. She could avoid him for now, but he was going to see her before he left the inn. One way or another.
B.D. Adams
B.D. Adams

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:53 pm

pris had only stomped her way up a few of the stairs leading to the second floor when she heard what benjamin said. it sounded like he said it from right behind her, but pris knew better. if poof the parent was right behind her she would be able to feel him. and in the strange way her vision worked, she would be able to see him too. even though he wasn't behind her what he said was enough to make her pause on her current stair. because benjamin had spoken a magic word.

gift.

the eccentric teenager had a soft spot for objects that were given to her or objects that belonged to someone she loved. it's why she currently wore a thin silver chain with a small emerald pendant around her neck, and a modest, delicate hair piece that looked to be stone but was a metal of asgard. it's also why she'd commandeered and tie-dyed one of donald's lab coats. these kind of gifts helped pris feel connections to people, and with her affliction having such connections was a comfort she could focus on to help keep her in her driver's seat. benjamin had probably realized her penchant for gifts when he saw she was wearing her birthday ball gown at the cemetery.

so if he had a gift pris was listening. especially if it was an 'i'm sorry for being a big negligent fathead' present. but she hadn't forgotten what the loud girl had yelled up the stairs. benjamin also wanted to see the bitchwitch. and pris had something to say about that. after all, poof had promised a long time ago that pris didn't have to be nice to de'ryanna and she expected him to keep his word because he said he never lied.

"does she get a present too? i want the better one. i don't want her sticking her face in my time to be a bitch and to talk about your teethmarks. i want you to tell me about what job you've gotten that's more important than parenting me. i want you to tell me about daddy donnelley. why. mandy already hates me and now she is me that's what the drawings say and i bet she's really mad." the girl had learned to list her terms plainly when it came to benjamin. she didn't yell them. if he sounded to her like he was right there, she assumed she would sound to him like she was right there too. out of her requests the one about him explaining why he killed officer donnelley was the one that was hardest to voice. his death bothered her, a lot. and pris didn't know how to handle her feelings, especially the most raw and uncomfortable ones. but the why was important to her. it was very, very important.

as she stated those terms, the eccentric girl plunked down in the middle of the stairs. color smudged hands reached down and pris pulled off her other clunky shoe. as she waited, she held it in her right hand.

just in case his big negligent wolf-grin head needed it. if he was coming to her this time she'd have better aim and a shorter distance to throw.

thor's birthday present to pris:
Front Desk Delivery [open] Images

Back to top Go down

Post by Violet Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:02 pm

She gave him a saucy little smile, when he asked for her name, and gave her a name he would use instead if she did not provide it. "I have to say that shall be the name for now, perhaps later I will give you my name." She liked nicknames, when they were nice.

And then Benjamin came around the corner, where she was hiding by the desk, she looked up at him a bit sheepishly. "I dare say, your shoeing, bruised me!" She let out a laugh, because she had a feeling that was going to be a interesting conversation at some point. At least it happened after she was spotted at a door by a certain lady.

When he began to walk to the stairs she followed along, she had said she would go with him, even if one of the two he was looking for was out of her rooms. He might have a need of her, and she was not the sort to abandon someone once she said she would help! So there she was tagging along with Benjamin. "You must of made someone very upset to get shoed!"
Violet
Violet

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:35 pm

And she was doing so well with her focus.

De'Ryanna was calm and her focused activity was working. She could see the blossoming flower in her head, feel the energy that coursed through every petal and gathered around the center; everything was going well until he heard her voice. Even though Pris didn't shout she was still heard - the focus activity increased the senses and it also helped that her room was near the stairs. The tone of that girls words prickled along the outside of her focus and chipped at it like an annoyance and she wanted it gone. De'Ryanna was suppose to be able to ignore things like this - and she could - the only way to put it was that she didn't want to. Not to mention that she could feel Benjamin grinning in her head which was just lovely.

With an aggravated huff she stood and shook out her long skirt before pushing back her hair. She had all a mind to have a few words with Pris. De'Ryanna exited her room and surprised herself with the calm way she took the few steps and stood at the top of the stairway, and had a perfect view of Pris. The girls back. De'Ryanna lifted her chin and turned her eyes down to look at the girl before she spoke. Her arms crossed over her waist.

"Now you listen to me you infernal vapid little weed," for all her calm appearence her voice held a cold sting. "If you don't want me sticking my face into any time you want to have with that henious creature then say the word and take on what I deal with. Otherwise shut your mouth and keep quiet."

The hostility was obvious. Who was Pris to want to have the better gift? If she wanted what De'Ryanna received from Benjamin she could have it all and not just what he would pass out that day.
De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:43 pm

Gawain strolled into the Inn, lazily glancing from right to left. His nose was working, though, and none of him liked what it had to report. He glanced to the desk, since that was the general area that the scent led to from the door, and saw Madeline standing there, with a smart-assed smirk on her face. "Oh, hell. I know that look, and nothing good comes from it. What are you up to, and why does it smell like a Benji in here? Bloody hell, we need some air freshener....."

He walked over to the desk, leaning on it and looking at his daughter. "He's here." Not a question. "Be on your guard, and don't hesitate. If he starts something, I aim to finish it. I'm tired of the nancy-boy mincing around like he owns the place." Truth be told, he didn't know who owned the place, but he kind of figured it wasn't Benji. "Just make sure you're out of the way if he tries something. You wouldn't like the form of Healing I learned." True, he had learned Healing from someone who was very proficient at it, but he wasn't the nicest person in the world. In fact, some would have called him Forsaken...
Gawain
Gawain

Number of posts : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:16 pm

Madeline was in the middle of taping her hands up when her dad entered. "Heel boy. Yes he is here. Nothing to get your feathers....I mean fur ruffled for. Besides he is here to see some girl named Pris and he had a blonde groupie with him so no worries. Now how about treating your oldest to a friendly training session in the gym."

Yes she had left the part out about Ben wanting to see De'Ryanna. Gawain was already riled up as is. "You could even teach me that neat Balefire technique of yours."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:19 pm

He relaxed a bit, shaking his head with a smile. "Balefire is dangerous, girl. Every time you use it, you alter the Pattern. I'd be Gentled if I allowed a Sister to see me use it, and you'd be Stilled for even knowing the weave. Besides, it would be easier for me to grab the moon and hand it to you, seeing as women cannot see the weaves wrought of Saidin."

After a few moments, he nodded. "Okay, we could train for a bit. Just so you know, I don't plan on going easy on you." He smirked, knowing that would probably get her riled up. After all, that was his aim. It was no fun to be friendly in a sparring match, and since she took after him, he knew that boredom was as dangerous for her as it was for him. He sniffed one more time, taking in the scents of the room, and caught a strong smell of male coming from her. He knew that scent.....

"So, been spending some close-quarter time with Derick, eh?" His brow would raise at that as he fixed her with an all-too-parental stare.
Gawain
Gawain

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:36 am

"Okay okay okay." No more asking about Balefire, I promise not to mention it any more." At least to Gawain she thought.

She grinned when her dad said that they could train. It had been many moons since she they had, and Maddie always came away with something new, along with a few bumps and bruises.

Then he had to bring up Derick. Maddie started blushing. The look he gave her made her feel like she was a little kid again. "Let me guess, you smelled him on me. Dad, didn't anyone ever tell you that smelling thing is kind of gross."

Changing the subject. "When have you ever taken it easy on me. I've seen you take it easier on a house fly. Besides the last time we did this I was nine, and I almost beat you then. What makes you think I can't take you now old man"

She was kidding of course, and the dancing look in her eyes should tell him so. "Now where do you want to do this? Here in the gym or somewhere else, where we can have more room?"
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by B.D. Adams Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:46 pm

Isn't it interesting how things fall into place? Whereas he did not think his time taken in the Inn on this day would be a waste it had started to look like he was going to have to do any useful retrieval of the girls himself. Lo and behold the wonders of a yell and a temper.

Lovely had still decided to come with him and he extended his hand back towards her as he heard Pris' directed questions. His hand would retract before Lovely got too close and his thumbs hooked into the front pockets of his jeans. As he ascended the stairs the presence of the daimon grew stronger and the presence pricked and burned at his skin. The things that could get under his skin numbered less than the fingers on one hand, but the presence of the daimon ranked in the top two and he increased his focus on his task and that he had come for that purpose to keep him directed. Otherwise there would have been a change in plans. He took in Pris' words and let them circulate in his mind as he gave a small turn of his head to look at the one who followed him. "Thank you for your continuous presence."

Maybe she would hear the slightly darker inflection in his voice that wasn't there before. Even the manner at which he took the steps one at a time had a more predatory feel. Perhaps the Wolf at the bottom of the stairs wouldn't be so disinterested in Benjamin's appearance in the Inn if he knew the reason he was here.

As he was about to answer Pris he felt the emotional surge from De'Ryanna and he felt her unspoken growl in her words. "Shain." It was spoken to her and he was sure that she had heard that singular word.

When he spoke again Benjamin was on the first floor landing and had moved in enough to allow room for Lovely as well. He then went to stand at the middle of the staircase, looking directly up to Pris - she had a perfect target if that shoe were to be directed at him now - and he could also see De'Ryanna positioned at the top step. He decided to answer her questions in order. He didn't think Pris would have a problem with the more wolfish look in his eyes and whether she looked at him straight or not his eyes were focused on her. "What I have for you and what I have for her are of no value but to the one for which they are intended." In other words there was no gift that was better than the other. "But you may have yours first...if you come down the stairs."

Why wouldn't there be a condition? He did not want to venture any further in the Inn if he didn't have to.

"Second, there was nothing stopping you from seeing me if it was something you wanted. On your birthday I told you generally of that job. You could always come with me." Surely she did not expect him to be a doubting parent. Benjamin was statuesque as he stood there talking to her and watching.

"As for Donnelly," the slightest of pauses. "They were going to take you away and I couldn't allow that. I have little patience for the verbal relay that was going on." Pris had said that the girl - her old friend - was now the same as she; he took it to mean that she was without a father. Nothing more. If there was more to her words it did not sink in right away due to his want to stay on task. "I am what I am."

Killing those men was justified in his eyes as a way of protecting her even if to others it was otherwise. Perhaps if he had more of a moral conscious then things that day would have gone differently. His eyes shifted upwards to lock with De'Ryanna a moment before shifting back to Pris.

B.D. Adams
B.D. Adams

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:06 pm

as soon as de'ryanna rounded the corner to stick her bite-marked bitchwitch face in things pris knew she'd entered her landscape. de'ryanna would have to talk to pris' back, because that's what pris turned toward the fellow teenager as soon as the girl started talking. benjamin would hear pris' voice hitting a shrill note as she yelled down the stairs to him, "see? see?! she's already doing it! she's already sticking her bite-face in MY time!!" was pris yelling that to benjamin while the bitchwitch was flapping her lips at her instead of getting shoved into an oven? oh yes yes yes. it was more important to pris that benjamin know that the requests she'd just made were valid ones than to hear anything that snot-hole had to say.

so it turns out pris was already not shutting her mouth and keeping quiet even as de'ryanna asked her to start. but what pris yelled to her parent was only the half of it. the bigger badder side of the coin was yet to come.

de'ryanna was about to be mocked.

when pris whirled around, she didn't stay seated. standing on a stair lower than the bitchwitch's made her shorter, but pris didn't care about that. all pris cared about right now was letting de'ryanna know just what she felt about her and all her trying to order other people around like she was someone special. so as her green eyes darted here there and everywhere to 'stare' her nemisis down, pris vehemently threw her shoe down at the floor and balled up her fists at her sides ready to let de'ryanna have it. verbally have it, that is. "you're not the boss of me, bitchwitch! HUFF! PUFF!" and instead of blowing de'ryanna's house down, what pris did was probably worse. she used all the air in her lungs to fuel a wolf-howl that wasn't just an incredible mimic of an actual wolf, it was loud enough that the whole farting inn would probably hear it too.

certainly benjamin would hear it, he was standing right there. howl finished, pris marched down a few stairs towards him as he'd suggested, with a very loud huff punctuating the verbal artistry she'd just completed. besides that huff, her attitude towards benjamin versus her the attitude she'd given de'ryanna was like night and day. she wasn't all squeals and smiles as she had been for him in the past, but at least she was calm, a very pleased with herself calm. pris didn't feel she did anything wrong. benjamin had, after all, told pris that to de'ryanna she didn't have to be nice.

before she spoke to benjamin, pris reached up and daintily adjusted the delicate hair piece she wore in order to make sure it was sitting just right. while pris didn't know it, it wasn't just a pretty bauble. what donald never told her about the birthday gift was that if any dubiousness tried to assert itself on pris, whether it was physical, magical or spectral, that head piece sounded an alarm to the one who gave it to her.

it would call thor.

" 'i am what i am' ignored me and poofed." pris wasn't going to let him forget that fact. "i was waiting for you to come first. to turn mandy back and then to take me for ice cream so we can cool off." it was something her daddy had always done when he was still alive. when sig and pris had a misunderstanding with each other, he would call a truce until they went to the dairy queen and had ice cream. his rule was they couldn't talk about what had upset them until all the ice cream was finished.

because sig said ice cream helped people cool off.

Back to top Go down

Post by Violet Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:57 pm

A simple nod was given when he thanked her for her continued presence. She had told him she would go into the Inn with him, and she would. His hand was taken back before she could of put her hand into it, if she had thought to do so. She wasn't really a touchy person when first meeting people.

Now she hadn't really put to much thought in the tone, that slight change in the way he spoke. It was more of the way he moved. Don't take that in the wrong way, but she was observant, though that would not change a fig in how she was acting around him. She was a watcher and a helper all rolled into one. Besides she would not have a clue that Willow and Benjamin were one in the same.

Now when he moved to the side, she would fill the space that he had left for her. She was there for a part, a part that she would follow through on. Though she saw that shoe next to the girl that he was speaking too. So that's where that shoe came from. She resisted the urge to rub the now bruised flesh. That was a good reason why it did take her a moment slower then her companion to get up the steps.

She was not about to say anything or be in the way, but she wasn't leaving yet. Not until she was sure that her part of the deal was filled. but when the girl on the stairs, whom must of been Pris, she had picked up, made that sound, her hands flew to her ears. She spoke softly, perhaps she would be heard, perhaps not. "Girl's got a nice set o' pipes." Nothing negative, she wasn't one to speak ill of those she did not know, in fact that could be considered a compliment.
Violet
Violet

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:02 pm

Benjamin looked at her and she knew what it meant: That she was suppose to stay in control of herself even in this situation. If not, he was going to do it for her and she knew that he was good to his word.

Don't do it. Don't do it. Do not do it.

Common sense told her that what she was wanting to do, what she was about to do, was wrong and a mistake. When Pris yelled over her words De'Ryanna clenched her jaw and she clenched it tightly, her lips nearly flattening into a line as she looked at the little viper. How dare she talk to her like that. Raise her voice and toss down her shoe. A while back she had warned the girl about growling at her and not she outright howled? Benjamin had told her to be calm but her blood was boiling past the point of calm and it was going to either take an act of aggression or sensual release to get her to settle down. Since the option for the latter wasn't available the first option would have to do. De'Ryanna could already feel her hands at her sides flexing in and out of a fist.

A growl was evident and it rose up from her chest, moving through her throat and out of her mouth. She let Pris say her piece all the while De'Ryanna was filling herself more and more of the Source. All Aes Sedai were bound by the Three Oaths - one of them being to not use the Source as a weapon, with a few exceptions. None of the exceptions would allow her to strike out and kill Pris. Which is what she wanted to do. However, as she had learned in the Tower, using the Source as a disciplinary tool was one loop hole, and one that she was going to take full advantage of.

Benjamin had answered Pris' questions and that spoke volumes to De'Ryanna, it let her know that he had some form of interested in her and it prickled her skin. Was she jealous? No. She was upset that he had told her to behave when the other girl was clearly more violent, having been the one to already display a form of aggression. Her cold and defiant gaze moved to his eyes and she even dared to raise her brow a fraction of an inch in challenge. She was going to make her point. This girl didn't dictate what she did and he sure as hell didn't. Not anymore.

"I hope you enjoyed your words," the malice in her voice could be heard by a deaf man. What she was about to do she had done to another person here in the Inn when she grew angry, and that was cut off the air supply. As soon as she channeled she knew that she would be in trouble with the man who was at the bottom of the stair but, unless she was stopped, in the next instant a band of Air would seal itself around the girls mouth. Anyone who was able to touch the Source would know that she had just channeled, no matter where they were in the Inn.

"Now be quiet."
De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:31 pm

Gawain felt that familiar chill that told him Saidar was in use, and in close proximity. He heard most of what was going on, and well, if Ryan felt the need to silence someone, who was he to stop her? He did, however, find himself wishing for some popcorn....this should be getting good soon. He would hold his tongue, though, and pretend that his attention was solely on Madeline.

"Ya know, every time the subject of sparring comes up, you just have to remind me of that one time you beat me. Wanna know a secret?" He smirked, leaning a little closer. "I let ya win." With that said, he shrugged. "I dunno about locations....haven't been to the arena here yet. Do you think it would hold up? I mean, I have plenty of money, but I don't fancy the idea of having to rebuild the whole place. Especially after I plaster your butt all over the wall....."
Gawain
Gawain

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:05 am

Madeline had been trying to ignore what was going on on the staircase. Although the howl the girl let out was a bit much. While she was a bit concerned about Benjamin wanting to meet with her sister, she knew that De'Ryanna was more than able to tale care of herself. It was alos obvious some one had grabbed the source and was channeling. She assumed it was De'Ryanna because of the sudden lack of a temper tantrum. "Aren't ya glad we don't act like that Dad?'

She knew Gawain well enough to know he was more interested in what was going on with his other daughter, than training at the moment. But it was sweet he pretended to be interested in only her at the moment. For that matter so she was more interested in watching what was happening herself. She gave him a smirk. "Suuurrree you did, and Dre is a mama's boy."

"Besides it would not be polite to beat you down when your mind is obviously else where. Why don't we hang out here for awhile, then go dancing afterwards."

Madeline had used one of Dre's favorite words for fighting. She thought it would make her dad smirk. With that she turned where she was standing beside her father, and extending her hand, produced a bag of Popcorn. She took some out of the bag, then handed it to her father. "Popcorn?"
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next