Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Front Desk Delivery [open]

+2
Violet
B.D. Adams
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Front Desk Delivery [open] - Page 2 Empty Re: Front Desk Delivery [open]

Post by B.D. Adams Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:22 pm

The important thing here was for Benjamin not to loose his control or patience. While the first was a very rare event indeed the latter was more likely to happen. He was a man of great patience - at times - other times he found practicing patience to be a waste of time. It was clear to anyone with sense that those two girls didn't like each other; at any other time he might have found it to be amusing. He even turned to Lovely and offered what may be considered an apologetic shrug with a tip of his head.

"Teenagers."

If left up to their own imaginings they could cause more trouble to the Inn than he. So far all he had done was cause a dispute but those two looked ready to brawl with the way Pris had howled and the look De'Ryanna was giving her in return.

It was said look that took his attention away from Pris and focused his eyes on the other. He knew that she was weighing her options and though he could not read her mind he knew her moods and thought pattern and could venture a guess that would be close to accurate. "Control yourself." He spoke in the same level tone he had been using since entering the Inn. Anger was boiling up in the girl and he could feel it tugging at his own; he was already putting forth extra effort to keep himself in check and not divert from his course and he didn't need the compounded negative emotion from his two girls added on.

And then De'Ryanna Channeled, he could see the threads of Air being woven in a tight interlocking pattern before she shot them towards Pris - but it never reached it's target. As soon as it was sent out Benjamin countered, shredding it and sending his own ties to hold De'Ryanna in whatever position she happened to be standing. He did this, yet he left her connection to the Source in tact as he wanted to use as little of the Source as he could and to Shield her – while she still retained hold – would take more than he was willing to give.

Part of the beauty of the Source was that while male Channelers could sense it in a female and even see her Weaves the same was not true in reverse. A female Channeler had no idea what the male was doing until it was done, even then they were blind to what they had used. Undoing a males Weave was likened to searching for something while blind and De'Ryanna had not the skill or practice to pick his Weave apart. The only one that had a chance of it was still on the main floor by the front desk. To bad he couldn't see up to the second floor or he would know what was binding his daughter.

Since the Weave had never reached Pris she wouldn't have known anything happened aside from what Ryanna had told her. She may not even notice – or care – that the other had gone completely still.

During his actions he hadn't lifted so much as a finger and his eyes were still on the one at the top of the stairs. "I told you to be calm." That is what he said to her.

Benjamin had wanted to stay at the bottom of the steps that lead to the second floor - he did tell Pris that one of the conditions for retrieving the gift was to come to him - but circumstances had changed and the conditions. He stepped up the first step and then took another. Any onlookers would simply see him ascending the stairs, but that’s not all he was doing, he was also pulling on the emotional connection he had with De'Ryanna and used his own will to push down the anger and frustration that was boiling within her in an effort to help her regain control on her own. If she choose instead to strike out against him then more would happen to her besides sudden lose of movement. If she were cooperative then the Weaves that held her in place would loosen until they were gone.

Benjamin continued climbing the stairs, stopping two steps below Pris. "You have a penchant for wanting to go places after an event. There was no need for me to cool off, as you put it." The smile was gone from his face as he was looking at her. "I had told you at the start that I was not going to go and your continued efforts to explain why it was important went ignored. I ignored your effort, not you.” He could see how she took his overlooking of the things she said at the gravesite as she had.

“Once someone is dead it takes more than the snapping of fingers to bring them back. Now if you want what I have to give you, you will stop asking me questions and answer mine with a simple yes or no." He did not know how she did at handling questions of that nature as a lot of things, especially if you could not ask after them, were not easily answered with a yes or no and Benjamin wasn't going to offer up anymore information about what he had to give until it was accepted.

If it was.

"Pris, do you want the gift that I have for you?" He kept watching her even while he continued to help De'Ryanna regain her control.
B.D. Adams
B.D. Adams

Number of posts : 198

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWarden Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:11 pm

Jamison had two primary activities when he was home in his room, writing in his journals, or reading some book on some obscure subject. The local librarian had grown to absolutely adore the old Wizard seeing as how he always checked out more then one book, and sometimes even brought the older ones back in better condition. You'd be surprised how well one gets at text restoration when you're doing the upkeep on an entire series of journals dating back further then a thousand years.

Of course the howl broke the wizards concentration. eyes lifting form his works, his pen was set down on his desk and came up to remove his glasses. His attention was actually piqued more at the strange sensation of power being tapped, it was different from the well he drew from, and considering there was a great howl, from what sounded like it was directly at his door. Jamison held his hand out and uttered a single word of power.

"ventas"

A small flicker of Jamison's power and his cane left its place and into his hand carried on an unseen force of magic. silently he approached his door, clicking the lock of his sword cane off. A touch of two fingers to the door dropped the wards, Which allowed him to open the door, stepping into the hall. a flicker to the lights in his proximity.

"Is all well?" the question posed to all in the proximity standing strait in his doorway, his can planted on the ground in front of him. his posture was not meant to be imposing, though he had that effect sometimes.

The wizard was wearing a button down shirt, sleeves rolled to the elbow and some simple pleated slacks. Had he been expecting an event he probably would have prepared more, instead he only have his threshold, his wedding band and the silver sword cane in his hand. That was though more then enough for most situations.
TheWarden
TheWarden

Number of posts : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:44 pm

if the howl was a bit much, wait until the day pris' chemical imbalance got the best of her. then they'd see something worth sedatives and padded wall country. the teenager was as eccentric as she was because she had mild schizophrenia, after all. all her igits and compulsions were taught to her by her doctor to help her keep focused and in control of her own mind and behavior, but if something as extreme as being cut off from her air supply happened there was no trick to defend from the effects of something like that.

so benjamin had just saved pris - and the other people here, and the stairwell itself - from being treated to a violent psychotic episode, and of course pris was none the wiser. at this point she wasn't even paying attention to any of the other people here - not violet, certainly not the bitchwitch, and not even the stuffy man with the cane who'd just arrived. it was nothing personal to them (except the bitchwitch, that was as personal as personal things get) it was just that while she knew they were in the landscape her whole focus was put on her parent.

while benjamin might've saved her, he didn't make things easy. pris' mind functioned on questions, to the point where if she didn't have an answer to a question she had to make one up just to stop fixating on it. that's why pris' reply was stamping her stocking feet argumentatively on the stair she was standing on. sticking her nose and chin up at him as she did it, her big emerald green eyes looked at her poof square in the face so he would know the stamping was for him. left right left right leftrightleft.

LEFT. yes, with that one last stamp added extra hard poof the parent should just how she felt about his request.

after the stamping was over she dropped her eyes and studied the stairs. his feet and her feet. that was all she looked at. "what about what i need. what if i need poof to take me to cool off. what if i need poof to say he's sorry for being a fathead who left without giving warm tingles." the fact benjamin left the cemetery without giving her his trademark warmth was what made her believe he'd ignored her and not just what she said. all of that was muttered under her breath with a plaintive tone. a quiet, injured little whine. pris was careful, however. while her inflection could have easily spoken those things as questions, she made them statements. statement statement statement.

benjamin should know by now she was a needy girl, who needed attention just as much as plants needed water. it was why she'd wanted him to poof a parent for her in the first place - because dommy left her on the metaphorical windowsill without watering her enough, and it'd made her feel neglected.

despite her stamping and her mutters, pris would answer his question. she lifted her solemn green eyes to watch benjamin's hands, and she held out both of her own. that was her way of saying yes. for pris, saying yes by holding out her hands was no small potatoes. they were her most precious art-making hands and she was very protective of them. he was asking for a very big sign of trust, telling her she couldn't ask questions about this gift he wanted to give, and she was responding to it by showing said trust with her hands. he didn't say she had to say yes or no out loud and she knew he thought actions were more important than words anyway.

though she didn't know if negligent wolf-grin fathead really deserved the trust and the yes, not when the man wasn't even going to be a nice parent and take her for ice cream.

Back to top Go down

Post by Violet Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:14 pm

She let out a smile, it was not a flirty smile, it was a understanding smile. Because Violet was a teenager, in aspect, yet those years of the ones it looked as if the two ladies here were still in, seemed to have been long ago. Then again.... It was very evident because she did have a brain in her head that the girls did not get along. She had a few thoughts, such as was it one sided that turned into a full blown dislike, or if it was a instant dislike. Not that she voiced such a thing. She really was being a girl of not many words, but it seemed to be what the situation called for.

She had stayed on the landing where she had been with Benjamin, for a few moments, but then she moved up a few of the stairs. She did have a steady footing, and she thought just in case she should move up a bit. It would be when she moved up those stairs that her gaze landed upon Jamison. She did hope that he did not mind, that she was wearing his clothing, but really what else did she have to wear? She was doing her best to fit in.

And a part of her had to think that Pris, the girl with the stomping, was making a good point. It sounded like she just wanted her gift and some ice cream. What the other one wanted was still left open to be discovered.
Violet
Violet

Number of posts : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:17 pm

Light burn him and his damnable control! If he could read her mind he would hear a slew of unsavory words directed at him. Unfortunatly he was spared and would only be subject to the emotional element. Why couldn't she seal the girls mouth shut? Didn't he think that she deserved it? With the way she was acting? She knew he did. 

Maybe. 

As he blocked his emotions from coming through the bond she didn't know for sure. Either way if she had the time and willing attitude - and he had the same - she was sure that she could make him see her view. That time was not now. 

She couldn't move and the more she stood there, internally fuming at her Weave being broken, the tighter her captivity felt. Then she felt the impression of his will upon her own and it was strong. The feeling was nothing new to her for he did this in times past: helped her to feel calm when nervous, settled when at unrest. She hated the fact that it felt welcoming to her and she felt the aggression starting to ebb away and the restraints loosen. De'Ryanna even started to let go of the Source, feeling it slip through her fingers like grains of sand. 

Now that she was calm De'Ryanna shifted from one foot to the next and she heard the guy speaking from where he was. A welcome distraction from watching Pris and her interaction with Benjamin; it was something that she needed. 

"Everything is fine here," there was a hint of a sigh in her voice and she pressed a hand under her jaw as she tilted her chin up. "Little Miss Pris over there is whoring for attention." Just because she was calm didn't mean that she was going to be nice and sweet to the girl. 

Her time with Benjamin would come so there was no need to rush. Until then she thought of heading back to her room but instead only stayed where she was, curious as to what would be giving to Pris. 

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Number of posts : 566

Back to top Go down

Post by B.D. Adams Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:51 pm

Good. Very good. De'Ryanna was calming down and his mood began to lighten, as the burden of her anger was no longer a heavy influence on him. She would be able to tell the change in him but it would hard to tell from another’s perspective as nothing visually about him changed.

He shot a glance to the man at the top of the stair and remembered him. Of course, Benjamin had been Willow at the time but he had still been himself. Now he had to wonder if the man was going to try and interfere as he had with the delivery for Gwen.

This task was going to be carried forth.

Looking at Pris and hearing her explanation it was understood - more now than it had been before De'Ryanna calmed - what she was saying. Still, it did not pull an apology from him but rather another sort of explanation. "I'm not a fan of populated indoor places." The only indoor place he willingly went was the Inn, and on the rare occasion, Starbucks. "If such a time were to ever happen again we may have to visit an outdoor market. Now, your hands."

Her reaction to the yes or no question was slightly expected. He knew she wouldn't like it and may have had a bit of a temper, seen with the way she stomped her foot and made the whine. It made him smirk. Since she had agreed he pulled his hand from within his right pocket. There hadn't been anything there before - as both items were located where he had left from- but in pulling out his hand he had opened a small rift, reached in, and got the one meant for her. With the presence of the man at the top of the steps Benjamin used as little 'magical' energy as possible. All the while he kept his eyes on Pris.

In his hand was a thin silver chain and at the end of the chain was a tarnished silver vial that was no bigger in height or width than a pinky finger. "This will do you no harm, nor will it harm anyone else who touches it." Benjamin was sure to say those words in a very clear voice before he let the charm necklace fall from his hand to her own. There was something about this necklace for it felt warm to her, but it was his warmth and something that she should recognize as the same feeling that resided in the necklace he had her wear for her birthday.

He did not pay anyone else in the room attention as he continued to look at her - he didn't need to see them to know if those around him were moving. "That night I saw you speaking to your father in a graveyard I had a thought - what if she did not have to miss her father. While I am not giving up my role as parent, the fact that I would give you the gift of life I see as amusing irony." Especially when the fact that he kills is taken into account.

"But as I have told you, giving life once it has been lost is no parlor trick. Something is required and what that will be is not known in advance. I had thought that maybe you would want to bring back your father but now." Benjamin paused and tipped low his chin. "Perhaps it is Donnelly. One of them or any person you choose, as long as their soul has not been destroyed or in an area I cannot influence, you can bring them back. If Boom has taken the souls to rest it is beyond my reach unless it is moved." He thought that she would want to know where he couldn’t go and so he gave an example using the name that she called Thor. Information such as that he would have preferred to disclose where there were less eyes and ears. There was more to what he said aside from not being able to get souls from that area.

"Wear it against your chest and twist the vial to the left. The left. Not the right." Stressed with importance as to the direction. "Then speak the persons full and true name. You will then be asked to pay a price and if you agree that person will then return at the location they died." He had kept his hand above hers, his other hand still in the other pocket, now his hand brushed under hers and moved up along her arm. Not touching of course.

"I give you the ability to give life to one person. As long as you live the gift will never expire. Isn't that generous of me?" Whether she used it today, tomorrow, or twenty years from now, that vial would do what it was created to do. Who knew that Benjamin could do such a thing and did he pay a cost to acquire her gift? Perhaps the real question here was why?

He pulled his hand back and hooked his thumb into his pocket, waiting to see if she had any questions before he gave De'Ryanna her gift.
B.D. Adams
B.D. Adams

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:58 pm

Maddie was growing bored with this whole waiting around thing. She understood that Gawain wanted to be there for De'Ryanna. That was sweet on his part, but for Madeline it was different. Yes her and De'Ryanna shared the same father but other than that she didn 't see any reason for herself to stick around. After all, they didn't share any real bond.
Feeling the newly familar darkness rearing it's ugly head, Madeline had started tapping her crossed arms with one of her index finger. Knowing how her Dad felt about her time on that mountian, Madeline thought best to leave before he figured out just how much of an affect it was still having on her. "Listen Dad I know you need to be here for De'Ryana but I think I'm going to go to the forge and work on some things."

Maddie kissed her dad on the cheek and walked out the door.
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Number of posts : 1173

http://madelinecauthon.webstarts.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:53 pm

Gawain was showing teeth, but it wasn't a smile. He knew that cheap-shotting bastard was up to something, but until De'Ryanna decided she wanted help, and asked for such, he was leaving it alone. An addict cannot be helped until they want to stop being an addict, after all.

He turned on his booted heel and called softly to Madeline. "Be careful. Gaer zhah folbol myar doerin. Usstan shlu'ta satiir ol." She would understand that much, and since the need for secrecy was high, he switched to a tongue no one in the Inn should know.

Before he left, he couldn't resist one indulgence. Now, he had seen Benjamin inexplicably see Saidar, which either spoke volumes about his manhood or suggested he had stolen that particular ter'angreal from the Tower, so he didn't bother trying anything directly on him. If he had that sort of safeguards, nothing could touch his body. That left a little grey area, though, didn't it? Gawain snatched at the Source, drawing in enough to make it difficult...well, almost impossible for one person to shield him alone, and channeled.

It was nothing malicious, really. Ben would, after a few moments, notice his right foot growing uncomfortable for some reason. If he picked said foot up and placed it back down, it would make a squishing sort of sound. You see, Gawain had been craving pineapple pudding. He was merely being a pal and giving Benjamin first dibs. Sure, it would have been better to put it in a bowl, but he didn't want Ben to lose the yummy pineapple goodness!

Oh yeah. He was done there. Wait...no he wasn't. Since there was pudding fun to be had, and he could just see the young lady on the steps, he sent a bowl of the stuff to rest at her feet. He didn't know her personally, but he had a feeling that she may like sweets, and who could defeat the charms of the almighty pineapple!

True, there was a way out of that whole scenario. Ben could stop it if he caught on in time. It would take a miraculous amount of seasoning and a great deal of strength with the Power to block that, though, and the upside is, no matter what, Pris got her pudding. He would also have to drop other things to block him, which could lead to all sorts of fun!
Gawain
Gawain

Number of posts : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by B.D. Adams Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:44 pm

(I'm sorry for going out of turn, but this had to be addressed) 

Benjamin was at the Inn on an apparently peaceful mission, but he wasn't aloft to what and who was at the Inn. Such as the male channeler who was downstairs. Since the others arrival Benjamin was curious if he was only going to watch out of sight or if he was going to do something substantial besides stand out of sight and listen to the going ons. 

Therefore, when the other male took hold of the Source Benjamin was ready and put up a block and there would be no tug upon his foot. Anything directed at him was felt but there was no effect. As for the pudding....Benjamin merely took a step to the side. He was not limited to the Source alone.  

It was a pity that some people wasted powers that they had on trivial magician tricks.

B.D. Adams
B.D. Adams

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWarden Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:45 pm

A miraculous amount of seasoning, and a great deal of strength where two things the old Warden had in spades. Such was evident by the rise of magical energies around Jamison swelling around him, pushing forth from the old Wizard the lights in the halls flickering before buzzing out. He wasn't reaching out for the man on this floor to protect them from the sudden rise of that strange energy he had sensed before That man had already brought energies up to protect himself. It was the ladies that Jamison was reaching out for the two young ladies.

A red translucent barrier pushed out from the wizard, had the man decided to wear his watch the shield would have been brought up instantaneously. as it stood, the shield was slower then usual, so Jamison stepped from his doorway entirely, hand outstretched before him, and when the strange energy died down. So did the Shield and the old Wizard lowered his cane, leaning onto it a bit. He didn't know what this strange new energy was, but sure as shit he was going to find out.

No one looked hurt, but that didn't stop Jamison's eyes from wandering, first to the young lady he had only seen a hand full of times in passing, then to the woman who checked him into the hotel."I am terribly sorry, I will include the price of replacement bulbs in next weeks payment... Death, is a threshold not meant to be crossed in the opposing direction. young man." Turning back to face the other man, standing strait, both hands on his cane, his posture perfect, but not overbearing. His tone was polite as well, he wasn't chiding the man simply stating a fact.
TheWarden
TheWarden

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:19 am

[Hm. But of course it had to be addressed.]

Gawain was about to silently remark on how absurdly inane people could be when he felt, down in his bones, a swell of power. He could, as it turned out, see just enough of the goings-on to figure things out for himself. That, coupled with his ridiculously powerful olfactory sense and his ability to hear much better than human range, told him everything he needed to know.

He felt, more than saw, the gentleman stride out, and when the lights popped, he thought Hmm. EMP field. The guy's good. to himself. This brought a smile to his face. You see, he had no problem calling people on their faults, especially since his nose had been rubbed in his own since he could remember. It would be nice to stick around and see Benjamin's little puppy-nose get rubbed in his own fecal matter, but he had better things to do. As it stood, he had no use for the man, and if De'Ryanna sought his council over her own father's, well, that was that. The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills.

As he turned to leave, he stole one more glance back to the assembly. He sincerely wanted the little girl to get her pudding, since it was good and such. He had snuck a large bowl of it for himself earlier, and knew that it was. If she didn't, he'd make a mental note to send her something.

After all, he had a daughter slot that was currently being ignored, so why not share his affection somewhere else, where it was welcome? These were his thoughts as he exited to address other and more important matters.
Gawain
Gawain

Number of posts : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:47 pm

the events and behavior below happened they way they happened because of one thing: benjamin had mentioned the possibility of bringing sig ganesvoort back to life. what happened to her chemically fragile mind could be summed up in a word: shatter.

what came over her thoughts did so like a flood. the image of rope spilling over every nook and cranny of her mind until it was at the point where pris' vision grew distant and blurred. she'd never really learned to deal with her father and his choice to hang himself. there had been two weeks of her daddy sitting in their gigantic bathtub in his bathing suit before that. assuring her the water was helping him focus and that he wasn't needed at work. memories of those conversations squeezing between images of rope slithering and twisting.

this wasn't like when her doctor asked her about her daddy-death feelings. it didn't work her into a destructive rage like that. no now pris was sinking. weight wavering and drooping like her body was responding to entering a neck-deep pool of water. she jerked her hands back to clutch her chest, and the vial fell from her fingers. pris started to dig her nails into her chest like she wanted to claw something out.

but then two things happened.
her ears never heard the sound of the vial hitting the floor.
and there was pudding.
why was there pudding?
the rope rope and rope and the blurring lifted and all went back to normal again.

sometimes all it took for pris to snap back into her own driver's seat was a question. her mind fixated on questions until they were answered, frantically trying to erase lines make new dots and make new connections between the dots until an answer was found. repeating the question all the while. why was there pudding? why was their pudding? why was there -

"ohhh." click went two dots and a new line between them. it was poofed there to give the vial a safe landing. to her that answer made perfect sense. benjamin was giving instructions - " - left. Not the right…" and it was impossible to know by just watching her if the rest of the information he said before that she'd missed. to benjamin and everyone else she'd appear distant, bending at the knees and moving to pick up the pudding in a way that was slow and floaty as if she were wrapped up tightly in dreams.

the bowl of pudding pris clutched to her chest. the vial nestled nicely in the bed of gooey pineapple dessert, the necklace it hung from it dangling. as she stood she cocked her head lightly to the side like a parrot might do, emerald green eyes darting here there and everywhere. landing on stodgy man with a cane. landing on the blonde lady. as if she were really seeing them for the first time.

she dipped two fingers of her right hand into the yellowish gunk. taking out a big scoop. then pris reached out towards benjamin. she intended to use the pudding to draw a question mark on her poof's chest. to indicate she had questions. but she wasn't going to ask them now. not with people here. which is why she didn't use her voice. but she did make sound. as she drew with her goopy fingers, she rumbled her throat. not saying the word purr like she normally did. but actually doing it instead. she was such an impeccable mimic. it was her way of commenting on her dearest dearest parent's generosity.

that, and maybe she wasn't entirely back in her driver's seat after all.

if benjamin stepped out of reach to prevent himself from getting puddinged, pris fingers would still draw the question mark shape in the air. the pudding would probably just fall from her fingers to the floor with an ugly slop. wouldn't that just make de'ryanna so happy.

and lucky girl, pris was coming her way. because after she delivered benjamin her question-mark message to tell him she wanted to talk to him, she turned to retreat back up to the second floor. bowl of pudding with a tarnished vial on top still clutched in her arms, it seemed pris didn't care that she was leaving her pretty red shoes behind.

as for pris' questions, they wouldn't necessarily be about the gift.

Back to top Go down

Post by Violet Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:39 pm

Who would of thought, that the helping out Benjamin so he wouldn't be running about the Inn by himself, that so much would be going on. Getting shoed. Bruised butt. Pudding. Yelling. Episodes. Did she really sign up for that? Well yes, yes she did, and so there she stood. Trying to keep herself quiet, for there really was no reason why she'd say anything. She would continue to watch. Interactions of how people behaved. And the pudding! That took the cake! The pudding cake!

She realized the Jamison had stepped out of his room. It was the voice, she did not have to see him to know his voice. She did hope that he did not mind her borrowing of his clothing, surely he wouldn't. She had planned to go shopping but ended up on a bit of a detour instead. She stayed put. She was doing what she said she would. The girl was a girl of her word. Put she stayed!
Violet
Violet

Back to top Go down

Post by B.D. Adams Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:41 pm

Now the comment from the Wizard about death not being a two-way street did not go unnoticed and Benjamin looked up at him with a slightly scarcastic grin. Actually he agreed. Giving back life was not something easily done by him and the gift he had given Pris had taken a few lengths to get. However. "It was something she was wanting, and in strong desire." There was a small shrug of his shoulders. "She doesn't have to use it."

How true that was. Just because a person received a gift didn't mean that they were obligated to use it or to even keep it. He had told her there would be a price for using it but she wouldn't be the only one affected for he was tied to it too. 

Attention diverted back to Pris in time to see it fall into the pudding and Benjamin's grin to turned into a smirk. How fortunate for the two of them it would have been if it had fallen to the floor and broken. Alas. He watched her as she picked it up and saw the questions in her eyes. He didn't even move as she lifted her finger draw upon his chest. He should have. She knew that it wasn't exactly in her best interest to touch him and yet she had done so anyway. Behold the power of pineapple pudding not only can it catch a life giving vial but it can also prevent someone from loosing theirs. For now it would stay and he couldn't help but wonder how De'Ryanna liked the feel of it on her own chest. To him it felt rather sticky. 

Pris was gone - he understood the message in the mark she made - but Lovely was still there and he turned to regard her with a smile. "Thank you. I know you were about your way.  I wouldn't want to keep you." A kind way of saying that she  could go if she wanted. Perhaps to spend time with the man who's clothes she was wearing. After that he continued up the stairs. 

"De'Ryanna." She was standing closer to that Wizard than he would have liked to go and therefore he sent to her the want to have her nearer to him. Along with something else.  Benjamin stopped one step away from the Second Floor landing and pursed his lips together.  "You want the gift I have for you."

B.D. Adams
B.D. Adams

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:23 pm

"What is that?" De'Ryanna wondered out loud. Where it would appear that her question was in direct correlation to the statement Benjamin made about the gift he had for her, in actuality it wasn't. Though the words did fit nicely behind his, her spoken question was due to an unrecognized feeling from the man who now stood one step below the landing.
It was increasingly rare for her to feel any emotion from him that wasn't dominating or egotistical in some way -aside from when he was wanting her to feel a certain way - but of his own emotions, that hinted to a more gentler nature....The feeling of loss was anything but expected.

During Benjamin's exchange with Pris there had been nothing for De'Ryanna to feel. She hadn't expected there would be but she didn't need it to know that he cared for the Weed for she saw it in his unspoken words and actions. Not to mention the gift. She knew – somewhat- what a gift like that would cost him if the girl ever decided to use it. Now. Now this emotion out of many others he could have was coming through and it made her question. Why this feeling and why now. Could it have something to do what he gave Pris or was it related to something else?

She stepped away from where she stood and moved towards him. Benjamin was taller than she so with him staying one step down they were virtually at eye level – but she didn’t look right into his eyes. She had a few times in the past but this time, because of what she felt from him, she wasn’t sure if looking would be such a good idea. She didn’t know if the emotion she was feeling would be reflected in his eyes.

De’Ryanna looked directly to the side of his eyes and her hidden feet shifted under her skirt. Settle. Control. There’s no reason why I should be concerned over whatever is causing him to feel the way he is. A lift of her chin, though her eyes stayed where they were, her hands gathering down below her waist. She wasn’t going to give him her hands but because she had approached him said that she was willing to accept what he had. How bad could it be?

“Answer something for me,” she asked even though it was not stated as a question. “You’re leaving.” It was the only thing that came to mind as to why he would have such a feeling.

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by Violet Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:30 pm

When Benjamin spoke to her, she gave a nod of her head, she had stayed until he gave her leave to go. Not that she had to, for she wasn't compelled or anything else, so she flashed him a quick smile. "Glad to be of service! Have a good day." Now did she go up the stairs as well towards Jamison or did she duck out?

Oh she went up the stairs, and moved to stand near him, she couldn't just leave without saying hello, could she? She would pay attention first for a good time to speak. And when the moment came she would pounce on it. "Hey! How's it going? Hope ya don't mind I borrowed your clothing." A small grin slipped over her features. No name was given, as it was, she was going to have to tell Jamison her other name, for when she was in this form.

She rocked on her heels, her trip had been forgotten for now, but not indefinitely.

[ Just a lil something to get this jump started again! =D ]
Violet
Violet

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWarden Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:38 am

A single brow rose on Jamison's stoic features, eyes moving to the young lady who had checked him into the hotel. She had seemed so polite when they first met. And this young man's presence had attracted so much of her attention that she had failed to even acknowledge the fact that the lights had gone out.

"And children should be given dangerous magical tools with which they can cross a barrier never meant to be crossed... simply because they want them. You are a model for adult responsibility my boy..." Jamison said with a glib sense of sarcasm. His tone may have come as a little condescending; but when you where as skilled as he was, seeing someone so cocky could just bring out that side of you.

"Perhaps you should heed the young lady's words." De'Ryanna was obviously affected by his presence, and what was Jamison if not a defender of young ladies and their virtues. when young Leoette joined him the older wizard offered her a smile."I'm extraordinary my dear lady. Of course I do not mind that you've borrowed those, such is precisely the reason that offered them to you... Would you care to join me for a cup of tea?" a motion back to his room. "Pray that no harm befalls that child." his words where confidant, back by centuries of experience. this young man wasn't worth his time anymore. and so the Wizard turned from him.

A smile offered to Leoette, and offered her a smile once more, his face softening."shall we?" and upon her acceptance, Jamison would usher the young lady into his room. mostly to get her out of this situation; her and himself he tired that mysterious power had gone and he would like to get back to his previous activities.
TheWarden
TheWarden

Back to top Go down

Post by B.D. Adams Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:41 pm

Fortunately Benjamin was not a man of moral conscious, doing or otherwise giving things to only those would be responsible. What was the fun in that? The Wizards point was taken but, he knew Pris to not be a typical teenager and after her experience on Halloween perhaps he hoped that she had learned something when it came to his gifts.

He and Lovely were leaving and it was a fact that didn't bother him. She had done her part and he even thanked her for it, Benjamin was not under any impression that the two of them would need light for any activity they were heading off to do. In fact, the dwindling presence of others in the immediate area caused a smile to form across his face as he was now effectively being left alone with her. The presence of the inns Daimons still had it's effect but his focus was better as he could now pay sole attention to the one who's thoughts he shared.

His smile did not sparkle or shine for behind it was the feel of loss. Just as she knew it to be. "You know that I could never fully leave you." Benjamin said smoothly, his words spoken without a hitch in his tone. "Even if it were the one thing you truly desired in this life. It's been to long."

She knew that he was speaking the truth. The smile he wore stayed in place and the reason behind it increased by a measure, nothing outward to be seen. De'Ryanna was close to him but not looking at him directly and therefore he moved his head a fraction to remedy this. His hand pulled out from his pocket and hooked on his fingers was a thinly linked silver chain. The links were so small and close knit that only a person with keen eyesight would be able to see the breaks without the aid of a good magnification device. The chain was as long as his arm from the tip of his longest finger to the blade of his shoulder. Benjamin collected it's length in both hands and stepped up to stand on the Second Floor landing. He faced the opposite direction as he took a place standing besides her. "Why do you keep yourself from acknowledging all that our connection does for you and choose to cover it with malice towards me. Because you never asked for it?"

Benjamin kept looking away from her as he spoke. He moved the chain in his hand and the sound was a small tinkle. "You know that the chance of finding someone who is able to handle the mental state of Lycan mind, the strain and demands of the emotional state, the physical pain they will feel when your body screams for you to shift, finding a person who is able to handle that is rare. Even then, to bond them you may be committing them to madness and even death. However..."

The break in his words continued with his steps while he moved around to the other side of her. "As you are so insistent to be rid of our bond so you may have one of your choosing, I offer you this chain. Use it to bind together your hand to the one of your choosing. It acts as a temporary bond, they will feel all of you and you will feel all of them. You must stay bound for twenty-four hours. If he survives the bond will be permanent. You and I will not be connected in that way any longer."

He had his reasons for the gift - Benjamin always had reasons. He reached out for her hand and pulled forth the left one in order to wrap the chain about her wrist.

B.D. Adams
B.D. Adams

Back to top Go down

Post by Violet Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:54 pm

She would smile to Jamison, when he said that it was fine that she had borrowed his clothing. No one else, needed to know that she really didn't have any clothing, did they? "Glad to hear it." She was glad that he was doing good, why wouldn't she be? And then she gave a nod of her head, "That sounds delightful." She almost said lovely but that was the word that Benjamin was calling her, so it seemed to odd.

She cast a smile to Benjamin, before she nodded to Jamison, "We shall!" And ushered into his room, she was, which did indeed leave Benjamin and De'Ryanna alone in the hallway.
Violet
Violet

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:57 pm

(Since the two of them were left alone in the hallway, and to put a close to this thread, we decided to collaborate. Yay for teamwork. )

De'Ryanna was, most certainly, distracted and such was it that she had failed to see the change of lighting in the hallway. In retrospect it was probably a good thing that she didn't notice or else she would have reminded him of the 'you break it, you fix it' policy. Fortunately he was a man who already had intentions on doing so.

The fact that Jamison was leaving, as well as the blonde female, slowly sank in while Benjamin was standing next to her and perhaps it was because the Wizard had told Benjamin to heed her words. It reminded her that she had failed to answer a question that was directed at her - something she would need to remedy at a later date. She had no reason to be rude to Jamison and even though she wanted to be rude and more to the man that currently stood with her De'Ryanna always found that she couldn't do more than a few subtle gestures and remarks.

As she listened to Benjamin’s words she started to feel conflicted. What he said about it having been to long to leave her was sobering but she did not think he was being fully disclosed in the matter either. There were truths and then there was the truth. She grew up around enough of the game to be able to know how it's played. Her attention went to the chain as he withdrew it from his pocket and what he said next. Then she laughed.

"Explain to me why I should be so wanting of this gift if it will not remove you completely from my life." spoken as she looked at him even as he began to wrap the chain about her wrist. Such a willing acceptance of it despite her questioning words.

"Because it is what you want." He spoke plainly as he continued to wrap the chain. He made four passes around her wrist before he stopped, the remainder of the chain left to hang as it would. "You will be able to have what you want: touch without my consequence."

Ryanna looked at the chain on her wrist and it felt heavy to her even though she knew it not to be so. The weight came from what he said tying herself to someone would do. "Instead it gives the consequence of me to someone else." If all that he said was true, and she knew it was.

"And?"

"How is that fair?"

"How is it not fair?" Benjamin asked as he stepped closer to her. Their distance apart was hardly any to speak of. "You cannot remove me from your mind and still retain the control that it provides."

"You're the one who said that you will never be fully gone." She gave his own fact back at him.

There was small knot of frustration forming between his brows, that was the only change he showed. "Don't be such a child. I offer you the chance to experience touch, the way you want to without the risk of my interference . . . and you want to toss around words."

"Perhaps if all your gifts didn't come with a price ---"

"Everything has a price, Ellisande. Everything." he cut her off before she could finish what she was saying. The pressing environment was threatening to change his mood. "You don't have to use it." Benjamin's voice was soft as he made that statement, a hint of the loss coming through as the right hand lifted and he went to cup her left cheek.

He touched her - there was no reason for him not too - and Ryanna only held her eyes on his for a moment more before turning her eyes and moving her face from him. "Don't do that." She was feeling enough things at the moment without the need to add on more.

Benjamin was giving her what she wanted, the chance to be unhindered in displays of touch and overall physical affection and it scared her. How would her emotions be affected without the hold she knew he had upon them?

He knew what she was feeling, and that was enough. Benjamin lowered his hand and stepped back. "Make the right decision." Those were his parting words to her as he turned to make his way back down the stairs and out of the Inn. The first thing he was going to do when out of the Inn would be to rid his chest of the pineapple pudding.

De'Ryanna watched him turn and leave down the stairs. Her head hurt and her arm felt heavy; with her other arm she removed the chain. Once it was in her hand she turned and headed for her room.

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2