Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

There's No Place Like Home

3 posters

Go down

There's No Place Like Home Empty There's No Place Like Home

Post by Madeline Cauthon Sat May 30, 2009 12:14 am

Madeline Cauthon road up to the Tel'Ranaemyn Inn on her horse Swifty. It was good to be back to a place she considered home. She had a smile on her face as she dismounted her horse. She entered the inn and walked over to the desk, she wondered who all was here. She looked around the inn as she waited. The place looked great.
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Number of posts : 1173

http://madelinecauthon.webstarts.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

There's No Place Like Home Empty Re: There's No Place Like Home

Post by Derick Silverleaf Sun May 31, 2009 10:40 pm

Derick would be finding himself growing restless in his room. Always happened at this time of the day. Well, it happened pretty much at any time of the day, but just sometimes it got to be too much. So, throwing on a shity, buttons would be closed up, leaving top two on that faded ruby red cotton shirt un-done. As for the the rest of him, he would make sure those boots were loosly tied, as well as those tight leathers were tucked into them. Then, he was off.

Witht he door closing behind, steps would be taken towards the front. Breaking the corner he would see the entry way where he would see a familiar sight. A warm smile would roll over those lips as eyes landed on Madeline. If he was walking any other direction then to her, it would be instantly diverted. Steps came to a slow as he got closer to the counter, stopping a short ways away.

"Oh! Um....hello, Madeline. Long time since i've seen you."

Those words would come out in that shy voice of his, much like the first, and only time, he met her. But that smile would remain after those short comments were made. True they had only met once before on the day he had arrived, but she stuck in his mind. He even tried finding her once before seeking the help she had offered. But now he found her. A few weeks too late, but there she was none the less.
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Number of posts : 163

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Sun May 31, 2009 10:50 pm

Maddie spun around when she heard Dericks voice. She had only met him that one time at the bar, but those rugged good looks and that voice were hard to forget.

Maddie turned around and smile brightly. "Derick!!! How good to see you. How have you been?"
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Derick Silverleaf Sun May 31, 2009 11:02 pm

She remembered him! That was a slight surprise to him. Not that it was a question on her memory, but rather was he worthy of remembrance? Form would lean against the counter. Hands falling to the sides, thumbs gripping onto the pointless pockets that were high over theighs. Those crystals blues would remain looking over to her. She looked pretty much the same as he remembered, but he would never say he noticed. Though he would look around a bit, seeing if there was anyone else around.

"I've been alright. Still getting accustomed to the area and all. But what about you? It's been a while. I havn't seen you around."

Would he tell her exactly how he had been? Of course not. He never tells anyone. But still getting used to being around people again was a true statement.
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:38 am

Maddie chuckled. "Well this place does take some getting use to. As far as oh lets just say I needed a short vacation."
Maddie wasn't ready to let all known just yet.
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Derick Silverleaf Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:46 am

Smiling, he would nod as she spoke. He understood those times when you just needed to get away. Eyes went to the counter's top, looking at the papers and books. Then back up to her.

"Oh? Where did you go? With as far as I have traveled I may have been there myself."
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:42 am

Maddie thought about what he had asked her. She had been a little bit of everywhere. After learning the truth about her parentage she needed some time away.

"Oh you know here and there. Just needed to get away for a bit."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Derick Silverleaf Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:49 am

Those lips would curl just a bit at her words. Elbow being placed on the counter top as form would be leaned down. Those crystals looking to her.

"Not sure if I have heard of those places even. I stand correct it."

Was he being witty? That was so out of character for him lately. Maybe a few years ago, but not this Derick.
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:53 am

Maddie let out a warm giggle.

"Yeah those places are hard to find. Ecspecially in this realm."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:36 am

Maddie gave Derick a smile. "Well it's good seeing you. I'm glad life has been treating you well."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:13 am

Things had been a bit off for De'Ryanna lately; things were not falling together as they should and there were those damnable emotions that kept trying to push their way up to the surface when her mind drifted. That was another problem: the drifts. It was all really quiet out of character. What she really needed was time to get herself together, but until Madeline returned from her time away, that was not fully possible. Ailylaeli was around and she was doing a good job tending to peoples needs - as well as the Employees that Venis had posted around - but she was always busy doing something.

This busy state was perhaps the reason why she was late approaching the front desk when she felt that someone was there: what she was doing had to come to a suitable resting spot. Then, with that out the way, she proceeded to the front desk, pulling on her composed and business-like manner as she walked down the hall and rounded the corner.

She was prepared to give the standard greeting, welcoming the person to the Inn, when she saw who was at the desk. "Madeline." She said with a smile as she stopped at the desk. "You have returned. Welcome back." This was friendly, for her, even if it was in a professional way.

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Number of posts : 566

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:21 am

Madeline turned her attentions from Derick to her sister. She smiled at her sister warmly. It was good to see her.

"Hello De'Ryanna, it's good to see you. I hope you have been doing well. I was hoping you still had room for me, and my hopefully my old job?"
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:34 am

Hearing that Madeline wanted a room and her old job back only confirmed what she was thinking: she was back. Maybe some others would come back as well as that is often how things go. While she was curious as to the possibility she did not give voice to it, merely took out the ledger and opened it to one of the first few pages, scanning down the lines.

Reaching Madeline's name she looked from the pages of the ledger and to her, giving a quick look over before there was a tug at the corners of her lip. Madeline was different. In the very least she had gotten some from of training while she was gone but she wasn't going to ask now. Not now, perhaps later when the opportunity showed itself. Pen in hand she made a notation on the line that had Madeline's name. After that was done she took out the key and placed it on the desk.

"I assume you have not forgotten where you room is located. It is still there and there is work still to be done around here. We have gotten a few more tenants since you left and visitors that pass through." There was a slight pause before she added something more. It was almost as an afterthought but, in effort to be more friendly she said, "You might want to get some rest before diving back into work."

As she remembered, Madeline was a hard worker.

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Number of posts : 566

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:43 am

Madeline took the key graciously from De'Ryanna.

"Thank you De'Ryanna, I appericate it. Yes I do remember, and I look forward to getting to know the new tenants. And as soon as I get my bags up to my room, I'll get work. Thank you again."

With that she smiled at Derick, and nodded. She pick up her bags and headed to her old room.

It was definetly good to be home.

~fin~
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down