Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Tiny Ghost of Times Past. <Open to Serfius>

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Tiny Ghost of Times Past. <Open to Serfius> - Page 2 Empty Re: Tiny Ghost of Times Past. <Open to Serfius>

Post by Serfius Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:08 pm

.:: There were many things that he wanted to say, and many questions he desired to ask....but for now, he was just happy to see both of them. So he thought it best that he wait, since he had no intention of going any where anytime soon...he decided that he had plenty of time for them later...::.

"Please...have a seat if you wish, as you have surely noticed already...I was graced by another guest today.."

.:: He made a motion towards the silent Gwendolyn, still perched upon her seat. He spun about to face the direction of the recently familiarized kitchen...and looked back..::.

"Would you like anything to drink?..."

.:: He would offer food as well, however...he wasn't very sure there was any, other than sleep and answer the door he had little interaction with his room thus far.::.
Serfius
Serfius

Number of posts : 32

Back to top Go down

Tiny Ghost of Times Past. <Open to Serfius> - Page 2 Empty Re: Tiny Ghost of Times Past. <Open to Serfius>

Post by ~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~ Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:29 pm

And they would both be around. Unless something odd happened, they both planned on it anyways!

"Thank you." A smile was shot from Az to Serf as she took a empty place for a seat. "Oh, no thank you. I wasn't sure whom was behind door number one, but something told me to come find out." It was one of those odd tugging feelings and she oft did not dismiss them.

Az looked over to Gwen whom was sitting rather happily there. She was wearing her Christmas morning smile because in her little head her 'mom' and 'dad' were in the same room and it made her happy. Like most children, even those that have grown, certain thoughts liked to flutter across. She suddenly stood up, giving first a hug to Az, before moving over to Serf. "Dad...I have something I need to do. Can we catch up later?" It wasn't that she didn't want to catch up with him, but she remembered she told someone she would do something and she did not want to not do it.

Az sat where she had, watching the two interact. Sadly it was something her other daughter might never have. And that thought did flutter across.
~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~
~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~

Number of posts : 181

Back to top Go down

Post by Serfius Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:45 pm

.:: With the offer for a drink declined, he proceeded to make his way back out of the kitchen...glady, seeing as how he was still unsure of where mostly everything in there was...on his way back to the room was when he was approached by Gwendolyn. He listened to her words, nodded intently to her giving her a warm smile as he knelt slightly to speak to her...::.

"Sure thing Gwendolyn..."

.:: Now she was certainly not quite as small, or young as in the past...but he couldn't help himself from reaching down and gently patting her upon the top of her head...Realizing that it may be...an unnecessary act he coughed inwardly, and retracted his hand, straightening himself before moving to get the door for her. ::.
Serfius
Serfius

Back to top Go down

Post by ~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~ Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:39 pm

If Gwen would of given him time to settle in before pouncing in a visit he would of perhaps been more comfortable in his own surroundings. But that was what family was for right? She smiled warmly up to him when he told her that he understood. She was a bit forgetful at times, and then at the oddest of times what she had been forgetting snuck back up on her. "I will come see you again soon!" A grin at the gesture from Serf, she was fine with such things, to her that was a sign of affection. She meant that too, before turning to Az, giving a warm happy smile. "See you soon Mom." And like that she skipped out, from the door that Serf opened for her.

Az would smile looking to Gwen, "Have a good one and see you later hon." It was funny how unlike you a child could be when you raised them, yet the similarities were there too. Once Gwen was gone, she would lift baby blues up to look to Serf. "She's happy your back." She could tell it in Gwen's actions.
~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~
~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~

Back to top Go down

Post by Serfius Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:23 pm

His surroundings aside...he was never one to be an excellent host...something he could never quite pick up on. Perhaps this was due to his nomadic nature, or perhaps that he normally wasn't in one place long enough to bother familiarizing himself with much more than any viable entrances, and the bed. He waved his hand in a parting gesture to Gwendolyn as she skipped away.

"Be safe..."

He peered out into the hallway in both directions for a brief moment, taking in it's contents...an old habit. Satisfied, he would then quietly close the door and turn back to his other guest, shooting her a warm smirk...and meeting her eyes with his.

"I can tell...as I am happy to be back...the past couple of years have been..."

He paused for a moment, reflecting on the...circumstances...of his most recent leave of absence, dropping his cold gaze to the floor...as if it were a window into his memories.

"Strange...and rather tiresome, I wish to retire from my usual...ways...for now."

Or potentially forever, though he disliked being away from friends and family for so long...he would be lying to say he did not enjoy his travels, and the fair amount of danger that it brought him...such things thrilled him. You could say he was born for such things.
Serfius
Serfius

Back to top Go down

Post by ~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~ Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:44 pm

He thought to offer drink, that was not something that all guys did, so perhaps he wasn't such a bad host, at that! Plus most guys could get away with it, they were not looked down upon for lack of hosting abilities. If he was a she, then that might raise a few brows. "She's really a great kid." Okay so she wasn't a kid anymore, but she was still and always would be one to Az.

Hopefully he took a seat soon or she was going to feel rather, strange, for lack of another term. "Sometimes life needs the soft lulls in between all the adventures." At least she had always thought so, when things got crazy and started to slow down she enjoyed the relaxing bits. Not that she had stuff like his job, but she had her own things that had been eventful in her life, and she was hoping things would stay...neutral for a bit.

A soft smile as she looked back over to Serfius. "Well, while you wish to take a break..." For thats what she was going to call it. "You probably couldn't of picked a better inn." Okay so maybe she wasn't a impartial person about him being here or there or wherever, but she never claimed to be. She had missed him and she was glad he was around now. Not that she voiced it herself, oh heavens no, she just went with Gwen. Safe.
~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~
~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~

Back to top Go down

Post by Serfius Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:09 pm

He shook his head a bit, tossing out the thoughts that crept upon it...then regained his composure as he moved towards the seating area, taking up an empty chair across from Azlin. The chair was a stiff from not having been used very recently, and creaked a bit as he slid into it. He propped one leg up on the knee of the other, and rested his arms down on the arms of the chair.

"I agree...and this inn does seem to have an air about it...an air that I am rather curious about..."

There were many things about the inn that intrigued him, but for the most part he just...felt...nostalgic, and there was an aura that seemed rather curious to him, something he would be investigating in the near future seeing as how his stay here will be prolonged.
Serfius
Serfius

Back to top Go down

Post by ~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~ Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:04 pm

Even with the sound of the chair, the fact that he was seated had her relaxing. It was easier to speak and look at him this way, instead of him standing up and her having to tilt her head just so. She would give a nod of her head at his words. "It does. But I think that this Inn harbors a lot of people." In a mixture sort of way. Like a safe harbor.

She moved her right leg to cross over her left ankle. It would be then that it would hit her, that Gwen probably pounced on him and now she was doing the same. She would look over to him. "I didn't think to ask, is this is bad time for a visit? I am sure Gwen found you shortly after you got here..." IF he wanted to setlle in she would understand that.
~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~
~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~

Back to top Go down

Post by Serfius Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:42 pm

Being pounced upon was the least of his worries...at least with them it wasn't bearing weapons or foul magics to ambush him. He nodded as he listened to her speak, it did seem to him as though there were a great deal of both interesting and...familiar...beings being housed at the inn.

"Not at all...I am pleased to see you both well...Settling in can wait, compared to reunion..."

He smiled softly, reaching for his beverage to the right of him placed upon a small table beside the chair. He took a sip of the now slightly warm contents, he grimaced inwardly....not a fan of hot drinks, he decided he had better cool it back down a bit...Clenching his left hand closed, while leaving a bit of space to work inside of his palm...a pale mist would seep out from within, accompanied by a few audible crackling sounds. He moved the closed hand over his glass, and opened it to let loose a few rocks of ice fall into it.

"So...how did you come upon this Inn? And young Gwendolyn as well...if I may.."

Assuming that she knew how Gwendolyn got here, or maybe they came together? These were all ponderings of his own, since he did not know.
Serfius
Serfius

Back to top Go down

Post by ~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~ Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:26 pm

They could of brought foul magics maybe? Well maybe not foul but magics! Not that they would, not to Serf, he was family right? A warm smile would be shot over to him. "Tis a good reunion at least." Some were not so very good to have, and some were downright painful.

Then the question came, how had she and Gwen came upon the Inn. "I know that Gwen followed a guy here." That was how it came across to her. "Said she met him in the forest and he told her about here, and she came..." That made sense to Az. "I came after Gwen was here, I thought it was time I kept a eye on her again, girl is very good at getting into trouble." A impish grin. "I don't know where she could of got that from?" A playful wink was shot to him.

Her hands stayed at her sides, relaxed. "What brought you?" A feeling he was in the area and tired, but it could be somethin' else.
~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~
~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~

Back to top Go down

Post by Serfius Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:53 pm

He locked his icy eyes upon her as she spoke, holding the recently chilled beverage just in front of him...taking a drink of it now and then, for some reason his throat was pretty dry....new climate maybe? Up until he arrived at the inn he had been in a distant wetland area. After hearing her explanation of Gwendolyn's arrival, he pursed his lips slightly...thinking to himself. Maybe he needed to keep a closer eye on that girl...a soft chuckle at the implication.

"You could say I was....drawn here...?"

Honestly he had no other answer for the inquisition. He recalled the events leading up to his discovery of the inn...after he had finished the business in those dreaded wetlands he found himself...wandering. With no clear direction, as it were. It never even occurred to him during his travels to pick a destination, he just wanted time to think...over everything. And so here he was. He ended the sentence, and after a small pause over his thoughts...a small grin to Azlin.
Serfius
Serfius

Back to top Go down

Post by ~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~ Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:00 pm

Perhaps it just took getting used too. As it was Serf, and he had been around her a long time, she suddenly decided she wanted something to drink as well. Though there was not to much movement except her hand lifting and forming a hold around a cup that was appearing right there, prefilled. Her gaze had looked away a moment, before lifting the glass and taking a nice long drink. "Suddenly I became parched." A hint of a blush.

Gwen was a good girl at least, she was somewhat a bit to trusting one might say.

"Tis a good thing too, because here you have people that care." Not that it was always important to men, but Az would much rather be somewhere where she could have her alone time when wanted and her family and friends when she wanted that as well. Which neither Gwen nor Az would be offended if they had come to visit and he said he needed a bit more alone time to get adjusted.
~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~
~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~

Back to top Go down

Post by Serfius Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:32 pm

He watched as she materialized the cup before his very eyes, laughing inwardly to himself...reminiscent. It had been far too long since he had lest felt this...relaxed, calm...and didn't need his usual ever defensive state-of-mind. He felt at east, and as these thoughts came to him he could not help but bring a small smile to his lips.

"So it would seem, and I am glad that it is so..."

He was never very good at showing emotion, so even though she may not be able to tell...he was extremely happy at the moment, to have met up with both Azlin and Gwendolyn...however, she had known him long enough to probably be able to tell anyhow...
Serfius
Serfius

Back to top Go down

Post by ~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~ Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:03 pm

With the amount of time that they had spent together, she wasn't about to start hiding things from him, she never did in the past why start now? Just because things had changed between them, didn't mean everything would change. Yes if he started to get defensive she would wonder what the heck was going on! He got a smile, as she looked over at him, setting her glass carefully down on the table next to her, after another quick drink. "Good because even if you weren't your stuck!" Impish grin given.

She could tell he wasn't upset about running into them, and the air did not crack with tension it felt, calming. Probably why she wasn't in a rush to leave him alone.

A small pause just relaxing in the quiet, she wished she had a ton of stuff to tell him, but truthfully her and Gwen hadn't been here that long.

[ But after this post the next time they meet there will be a lot to say!! ]

~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~
~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~

Back to top Go down

Post by Serfius Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:38 pm

A soft laugh emitted from him, he thought a moment...let the pause between them last a bit longer as he wondered what he would say next...what direction to steer the conversation...there was surely much to be said, but he wasn't sure if it was quite the right time yet...they had only been reunited for moments after all...he honestly didn't know what to say, never was good at these things was he?

"I won't be doing any...hunting...or be otherwise engaged with my usual...outings...for any time soon, if ever..."

Hunting...for lack of a better term, it more or less described his primary occupation. It was steady work with the ways of this realm, and it's inhabitants. And something he felt strongly about...with his abilities and natural talents with combat...and little else...it came well to him. But none of that mattered anymore, as much as he enjoyed traveling and taking out bad guys...there were other things more important to him...forming and retaining bonds...it was getting time for him to settle down, at least a little bit at any rate.

Serfius
Serfius

Back to top Go down

Post by ~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~ Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:37 pm

A grin touched her lips, at the sound of his laugh, it wasn't a sound that he made a lot of, especially when he just got back from one of his trips. When he was around for a while the sound did escape normally, when he was able to relax. "I am glad to hear that." Not that he wasn't doing it, because she had a feeling he liked doing it, but she liked having him around.

Who woulda ever thought that he was thinking of settling down a bit, at the same time she had become a hermit and was starting to come out of her shell? She stood up slowly, and walked the few steps across from where she was sitting to the chair that he was sitting in, instead of stopping she went slowly behind him. Watching, if he didn't jump and run away, her hands would lower to his shoulders. Fingers pressing into his shoulders, unless he moved she started to give him a massage, like she had done in the past. Old habits die hard.

She glanced around a moment, not minding the silence, before speaking softly. "Did you get any rest before Gwen barged in on you?" Usually when he came back he was rather tired, and she started to feel a bit guilty...it wasn't that she couldn't come back after a nice nap if he needed one. The poor guy was stuck with her, for now.
~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~
~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~

Back to top Go down

Post by Serfius Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:51 pm

His icy gaze locked onto her as she moved about...curious as to what she was doing...but he didn't move. There was no need to put up his defensive state of mind around her...at least...he didn't think so...When her fingers latched onto his shoulders, he was a tad surprised...but then...his thoughts cleared, as though he had entered a state of tranquility. He leaned his head back a bit to answer her question.

"I got a bit...more than enough, yourself and Gwendolyn's presence has also been...revitalizing..."

Not one to voice his emotions, much less show them...he caught himself and said no more. He was a little surprised with himself, but then he hasn't had anyone...of friendly nature...to speak with in some time. Most people just seem to scream before launching at him...
Serfius
Serfius

Back to top Go down

Post by ~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~ Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:44 pm

It wasn't that he would have to be on guard in the fact of a battle between the two. At least nothing that would turn into a battle where someone would be harmed. Really was that even a fair fight? He went after evil beings, she was a divine being. Hmm. Her fingers kept working upon his neck and shoulders, but not just her fingers, she used her whole hands. If your going to do something, do it right, least that's how she always thought.

His words brought a smile to her lips. It was good to know that he wasn't dreading being around her. This was Serf after all. Some people found a spot and stayed there no matter what came or had come to pass. Always she would have a soft spot for him, even if she didn't just flat out say it.

Well, if it would make him feel more at home, all he had to do was say it, and she would scream and launch herself at him? Even without to many words, she felt...comfortable with him...still.
~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~
~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~

Back to top Go down

Post by Serfius Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:26 pm

He slowly raised his chilled beverage, being careful not to disturb her working hands...after his travels it was so relaxing he might have fallen right back asleep as she massaged...but he certainly wasn't about to let that happen. He took a long drink, then stirred the materialized ice blocks with a finger...watching the liquid churn and twist inside of the glass...

"...So, have you seen..or felt..anyone else that might.."

He coughed slightly, but restrained himself...tilting his head a little bit, as if he felt it would help him choose his words at the moment...

"...come rapping upon my new residence?.."

It would not surprise him to find others he knew staying here, after running into both Azlin and Gwendolyn.

Serfius
Serfius

Back to top Go down

Post by ~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~ Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:03 pm

See who said that she couldn't be helpful with the relaxing stuff? Ha! She just proved it right? Her fingers and hands would continue even as he spoke.

Seen or felt anyone else? Well she didn't know whom all he knew, so that would be a hard question but she could help a bit? "Airtia tis here, and Gawain..." But then a thought occurred to her. "There is a bit of a peace when you enter the Inn. You shouldn't get attacked while your in your room." It was one of those people in harmony well not killing each other inside the place.
~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~
~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~

Back to top Go down

Post by Serfius Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:10 pm

He wasn't necessarily worried about being attacked...it's something he'd become accustomed to, and had ceased to surprise him...and he could certainly handle...most...of the everyday assailants. He perked his ears as she spoke.

"Airtia and Gawain huh...."

Said softly, she would be able to hear it...but it wasn't directed t her, merely him thinking aloud...not something he normally did...but for some reason, it seemed to happen around her.
Serfius
Serfius

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolyn Zoi Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:49 pm

A small nod of her head. She would stop giving him a massage as she moved to stand in front of him. " I am sure that others are here...but right now I am drawing a blank." She went over to her cup and picked it up and took a nice drink of it.
Gwendolyn Zoi
Gwendolyn Zoi

Number of posts : 300

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2