Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Knock three times....

2 posters

Go down

Knock three times.... Empty Knock three times....

Post by ♥Allissya♥ Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:37 am

She was not giving up her quest for knowledge, and if anyone had such a thought, they would be sorely mistaken. She needed that knowledge so she could visit him again. Him being the one she was doing the research for, because she offered, damn man with a accent. Between work and her research she almost forgot she had wanted to get marked. A hope that it would be able to help her control things. She had thought to ask Azlin, but she decided against that. They did have an odd relationship, but she was not sure how well she would take the thought of her daughter getting inked. Even if it was for a good purpose.

Steps would carry her to door 111. Once she reached door 111 her hand would form into a small fist and knock upon the door with three knocks. The knocks were not overly hard or overly long, nor were they so short and fast that they would come out as a single loud knock. Very precise the knocks were, one did not have to pound on a door nor would a mere tap work, her knock was somewhere in between, a mixture of the two. The length of time was the count of ten, with a count of ten between the raps.

After knocking upon the door, she would shift her weight from her right foot to the left, the white tennis shoes with the purple stripe upon the sides, made a small noise of leather moving. Short ankle length socks were worn with the shoes, small pink ribbons were on the cuff. Freshly shaved legs, were bare up to her upper thigh, were blue jean cut off shorts were. A see thru purple scarf was wrapped around her waist through the belt loops as a belt. A tank top in the style of what one called a wife beater was over her torso, instead of being white the ribbed tank was a blue and purple tie dye mixture. Long red locks were worn loose at the time, framing around her, though her left wrist had a hair tie wrapped around it like a bracelet.
♥Allissya♥
♥Allissya♥

Number of posts : 94

Back to top Go down

Knock three times.... Empty Re: Knock three times....

Post by The Spider Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:15 pm

Three knocks. They were not Father's knocks, the Warden's were distinct. The number three was something she had a lifelong attachment to. Tied to Mother's blood. She demanded three knocks on the advert she posted on the cork board. Spider assumed the one on the other side was here for that service.

Her journal was closed. So was the other volume on the table that she was consulting. Both were put in the second drawer of the desk in her room along with the pen she was working with. The kitchen and living area was spotless. Not a single object out of place. In fact all that was visible was furnishing. Her smaller possessions were all stowed away. In case Father stopped by, or anyone stopped by, she preferred to keep things private.

She did not check a mirror before she answered the door. She did take a moment to smooth and straighten her dress. Ankle length as most of her dresses were. The full skirt had six tiers. They alternated between black silk, black and silver striped silk, and black lace. Each layer shorter than the last. The top of the dress made of a soft black fabric with thin sleeves off each shoulder. The same soft fabric was wound around her arms in a criss-cross. A leather bodice was tightly laced over the dress. It laced up the front. The bodice had its own short skirt, cut in a ragged pattern. Her hair was black with holly berry roots. The sides pulled back with two red clips. Both spiders. She wore a large onyx pendant set in an ornate silver necklace. It was more than a pretty family heirloom.

When she opened the door she was pleased. A woman. A young one. Spider inked male clients but that didn't change the fact she disliked them. She didn't hide the fact she was looking over the woman's choice of clothing. Not her style but it revealed a lot of skin. "Yes?" She didn't say anything more. To let the woman state her business.
The Spider
The Spider

Number of posts : 112

Back to top Go down

Post by ♥Allissya♥ Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:04 am

When the door opened Al did not know what to expect. There was a picture of a spider on the paper but that did not tell her anything. Bright green gaze looked over the woman that opened the door. Smile touching her lips as she lifted her head to look at the woman. Slowly her mouth parted and she began to speak. "Hi! I am here to inquire about the ad for power markings." The way she said it was rather loosely, even as she darted a glance up and down the hallway, thankful no one was around.

Being what she was, well it was new to her, still to fresh for her to be having conversations about it. And she did not want what she was to get out to just anyone. She had a feeling that someone might try to use her gifts in ways she would not wish, and with them being fresh and new, it could happen. "I was hoping I could ask a few questions about if you think one might be right for me."

Al would not recognize Spider from that night, for she never had seen the woman, the one that had the fairy lights that her and her pseudo sister Epiphany played with while naked in the woods.
♥Allissya♥
♥Allissya♥

Back to top Go down

Post by The Spider Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:35 am

Would her own ink explain the spider stamp on the advert? The two black webs that were inked over the curve of where shoulder and upper arm met were mostly visible. Besides the bit covered by each sleeve. Same was true for the markings of her arms. On each arm there was a web marked on her bicep, her outer elbow, stretched over the top of her forearm and two smaller webs marked on the underside of each wrist. Besides the black band that criss crossed over her arms these webs were visible now.

She did not recognize Al from the night in the forest until the woman spoke. Her voice sparked the memory. Now she recalled where she'd seen some of that bare flesh before. "You're the one who jewels her nether region." Spider was direct, always. Often the British candor of her words softened the blunt blows. Other times she was too curt for her mannerly accent to cover. "Is that not just for decoration?" The woman was here to ask about power markings. So it was possible that the gems were power jeweling. Spider had seen stranger things bear truth.

Spider stepped aside. Giving Al clear passage into her room. She rarely gave vocal invitations to enter. She had a reason for that. Just as she had a reason for not looking Al directly in the eyes. Spider's honey-bright eyes would look just above the woman's brow. Or at the bridge of her nose. "You can ask questions provided that you answer the ones I put to you in return."

Yes, a bargain. Spider was known for making those. Making such an agreement with Spider was a contract sealed by magic. But the changeling tended to leave that fact out of conversation. It was the responsibility of those she bargained with to provide their own caution.

If Al ventured inside Spider would close the door behind her. This way all questions would be asked and answered in private.
The Spider
The Spider

Back to top Go down

Post by ♥Allissya♥ Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:14 pm

Surprise! That did flash and flicker over Al's face. Before she let out a laugh, a twinkling delightful sound. The only time she could think of anyone from here being able to see her bedazzled nether regions was on her adventure with Epiphany. "Oh, yes that is me." That was all she had said about it, that was until Spider made another comment about the jewels. "They are just for decoration. I think they are pretty." Almost as if someone had told her they were stupid. Of course, the person that said that, was a bit...bitter.

When Spider stepped aside, Al figured that was her cue to enter. She had nothing on her that would cause her to need an invitation, nor was she the sort of being that required it either. Once she was inside of the room, her gaze did flicker about, it was normal to do such. She did not venture to far into the room, but enough that if Spider wished to move freely into her room, Al would not be in the way. A small nod of her head, "That sounds fair enough." If one wished to receive answers, one had to give answers.

Caution! Ha she laughed in the face of caution. Silly girl. But then again, she never had met people like she was meeting here, and that all could very well change. In time.

She did not move to take a seat or to ask her first question for she did not know the manner in which such something like this would be handled.

♥Allissya♥
♥Allissya♥

Back to top Go down

Post by The Spider Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:49 pm

Spider did not explain how she knew about Al's jeweling. Watching this woman and her friend commune with Nature in the nude that night resulted in complications for her. Guilt for her desire. A reminder of her lost marriage. There was no need for Al to know that she was the owner of the faerie lights. So far.

"You'll sit, at the table?" Spoken like a true Englishwoman. A request masquerading as a well-mannered inquiry. Spider turned her head to nod at the table in question. There were two chairs there. Both pushed neatly underneath the square table. Al had her choice because Spider did not sit.

She went to the counter of her small kitchenette instead. Taking a good sized bowl from the cabinet. Three containers from her ice box. It was a unit which literally used ice, no electricity. She and electricity did not work well together. "We will share berries as we ask and answer questions." She didn't bother to phrase that as a question. For Spider the act had significance so it must be done.

The conversation would begin as Spider washed the berries. "I will answer yours first. Everything has a purpose. Including pretty decorations. Plants have colorful flowers to attract bees to pollinate. Those decorative petals increase a plant's chances at survival. The markings on my body do the same. For such a marking to be right for you, you will have to be blunt and focused about its purpose. If you cannot speak its purpose with exactitude you are not yet suited for one."

Spider crossed to the table with the bowl of berries in hand. Fresh and washed elderberries, raspberries and blueberries. "Eat." She set the bowl on the table. Berries helped sweeten the tongue and loosen the lips. Spider assumed the woman would extrapolate on the purpose she wished to commit to a mark.

The Spider
The Spider

Back to top Go down

Post by ♥Allissya♥ Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:51 pm

Don't ask, don't tell. That was probably going to be a good thing with them at the moment. She wouldn't ask about how Spider knew of the jewels. The request of sitting at the table, was nothing hard to do. "Thank you." Was spoken as she walked to the table, making her way to the empty chair, the closest of the two, as Spider was moving, and folded her form down into said chair.

Berries were good. She liked berries. She liked most of the food that came from the earth. Nothing beat natural food. She gave a small nod of her head at the words, one did not turn down hospitality. Manners would not allow it.

She had not even realized she had asked a question. Interesting. Her head nodded, they were for decoration perhaps to draw others to her, but she had them simply because of the pretty factor. But the jewels were not charged in any fashion.

When the berries were put upon the table, and the offer to eat them was so graciously offered she would not raise a brow, but she would lift her hand and she would pluck out a few berries. Hopefully they were not like the apple the bad Witch gave Snow White. After the few berries were eaten she would be rather frank.

"I had thought to visit and ask my Mother, if she thought it would be a good idea, but your the marker perhaps you would know." She was not doubting the woman's knowledge she was just curious. The door was closed, and well she had to ask to know right, right. "I recently found out...that I am not what I thought I was, in fact, given time to learn and practice, I have some very interesting gifts." At least she would believe they would be. "But I need some sort of center. Some sort of way to channel the gifts." She let out a soft laugh, "I could just see my Mother looking at me as if I was a disappointment if I asked for her help. Silly Goddess." She did not know her mother well and she really just did not wish to ask her for help.

♥Allissya♥
♥Allissya♥

Back to top Go down

Post by The Spider Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:46 pm

Spider listened to the full of Al's words without interruption. She was glad for that. The last thing the woman said gave her the most information. Now that she knew Al was not a client who she would turn away for a nebulous undefined desire for a marking, Spider sat in the other chair. She plucked an elderberry from the bowl. They were her favorite. It was completely eaten before she spoke.

"You are Azlin's daughter." Triumph in her smile. Unless there was another goddess here the changeling felt hers a solid guess. Honey-bright eyes looked at Al differently now. Seeking a resemblance to the goddess of Zeus and Aphrodite. The resplendent woman with the divine third floor. "Your instinct was correct. A dedicated mark such as the ones you see on my body will suit your need."

Spider paused. Plucking another berry. This one raspberry. They were not poison like the fabled apple. They were enchanted however. Fae were well-known for enchanting their food. As explained these berries would loosen lips. They were not a truth serum. They just helped information spill. Unfortunately for Al such enchanting didn't work on the Fae themselves. Or fortunately for Al. Depending on Spider's thinking. She had seen this woman jeweled and bare after all.

"How many are these gifts, and what are they? How well are you practiced with them?" Al had agreed to the terms Spider earlier named. It was Al's turn to provide answers.
The Spider
The Spider

Back to top Go down

Post by ♥Allissya♥ Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:34 pm

Any berries that Al would munch upon at any time, would be completely chewed and swallowed before she spoke. Manners were something that her parents growing up and even her mother here seemed big on. There was a way to do things and a way not to do them. Just because one knew the way that things should be go did not mean that they always followed the rules. Al was normally a stickler for rules. Sometimes she would color outside of the lines.

Did it surprise Al that Spider knew her mother? A smidgen because she had been told the woman was hermit now. A smile would tug at her lips. “You know my mom? Do you know my sister too?” It wasn’t said in an accusing way, it was more filled with interest. She was glad that Spider thought she made a good choice, perhaps more so now that she knew that Spider knew Az. It was weird how things like that would sneak into your brain. A small nod of her head at Spider’s words, as in she heard them, and did not want the woman to think she did not hear her.

Fingers reached into the bowl, they were not picky on what berries they pulled out, she popped a mixture of two into her mouth. They were rather good. She liked berries. Did she already mention that? She had been seen by a few that night she was sure, all jeweled and bare, but so far that was the only night that anyone had seen such. She was glad that she knew how to change them, because she had changed the decoration.

How many are the gifts? Now she was still learning things, so she would tell her what she knew. “So far, I think I have Earth gifts. I can make things grow, or wilt.” She shook her head, “Not that I wilt them on purpose, just if I hold them to long because I am excited that they bloom. But they come back, I can make them come back.” So she had a gift of growing things. “Sometimes I can poof things around, but it gives me a headache, you know making things move or appear?” But there was a headache and she did not know if that was normal or not. How practiced was she. “With those, I don’t do it every day, but I have been getting better, the headaches aren’t as long either.” Weather she would of given such information or not without the berries they will never know. Another berry was popped, addictive little buggers weren’t they.
♥Allissya♥
♥Allissya♥

Back to top Go down

Post by The Spider Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:57 pm

"We share an affinity for the falls." Spider would explain her knowledge of Azlin in that way. Her smile sly. Al's second question prompted a lift of her shoulders. A non-committal act. "Your mother mentioned more than one daughter in residence here but neither of you by name." If she knew Azlin's other daughter she didn't know it.

"Nor have you offered your name." Emphasis on your. Since the topic came up. For being so guarded about her own she was always interested in the names of others. Never to be wrongly used, to do that would be hypocritical and would make her no better than the American who violated her. Collecting names straight from the lips of their owners was a manner of precaution.

Addictive little buggers, yes. Any food prepared with intention by a Fae made the taste buds sing. These berries were washed and served by Spider only days after the Solstice. When Summer's power was still strong. That only helped the taste. There was no wickedness intended in loosening Al's tongue in this way. Over a century's worth of experience in her line of work under her belt had taught Spider that most people were not very good at laying all the details on the table unless they had help.

After eating two herself Spider gave her verdict. "I will be frank. For someone with your lineage and potential one marking would not serve you as well as several. Each dedicated to a specific ability. Allowing you multiple points of focus they will help you excel at each talent faster. Concentrating each ability through isolation making it stronger." If Al was good at making connections she would know now why Spider's body was covered in so many webs. The dedication in the ink of each web was there to harness a very specific purpose. A higher level of specificity than what she'd just suggested to Al.

But there was not only one method behind markings of power. The choice was Al's. Individuals all have their preferences. So she would speak also to the goal the woman had suggested for a single tattoo. "However if you want only one marking it will help for general focus of the power of your lineage as you learn." Emphasis on will. "The long-term impact will not be as great, that is the difference."
The Spider
The Spider

Back to top Go down

Post by ♥Allissya♥ Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:57 pm

Oh! They have falls here?” Now she did not know the whole ways of the fae that was Spider, or that Spider was a fae, and all that entailed. She paused a moment, “Oh yes, there is me and Gwen.” There was no mention of any other children running around, so she figured it was just the two of them. And she would pause at that thought, and a smile would be given to the woman. “Yes yes don’t tell on me, she would tell me how wrong that is. My name is Al.” She had noticed the webs and the spider on the note, she looked over to her. “Is your name Spider or something to do with spiders or webs.” It was logical, the girl had a brain in that head of hers. She did not think of her full name, she hated that name, nor would she answer to it. Really, she would not answer most people if they called her anything other then Al.

Oh, those berries, they were being plucked again. The woman was told she would eat berries and she was listening very well, not that she always did, but she did when things were on her mind. Perhaps if she eats enough then Spider might regret letting the girl have the berries.

The bright leaf green gaze, was actually noticing that at the time, that there were many markings upon the woman. It did make sense to Al, and her head was giving a nod, the look she passed over Spider, was more curious. Was there a bit of checking out, yes, but that was natural, she checked everyone out, male or female. Especially anyone with an accent. The girl had a Achilles heel, but the accent made her think of another accent, and that she did not like. Because that made her realize she had taken time out of her research. Argh! “That makes sense, I think I would rather more then one, if it would help with the skills quicker.” It wasn’t that she was in a hurry to get them all mastered, but not sure what one could do, and the things that could happen was a bit, frightening.

But that made sense too. She thought to ask now a question. “What if I got one for a general focus, and then if I later decided to add more would it work or is it one or the other?” Sometimes if one went one way perhaps they could not add to them later, and yet other things you could have a general focus point and then smaller points at a later point of time.
♥Allissya♥
♥Allissya♥

Back to top Go down

Post by The Spider Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:31 pm

Were there falls here? "Yes." A simple answer. Before lips twisted into a puckish grin. "Gwen the virgin is Azlin's daughter?" Emphasis on virgin. Also Azlin. The subtext in the double emphasis was that Spider felt mother and daughter were very different. "Virgin Gwen is a consort of Father's. Or was." She had not heard Jamison mention Gwen as of late. "And you are Al, just Al?" Emphasis on just. A tilt of her head as the question was posed. Pointed gaze fixed on the spot between Al's eyebrows. If Al had eaten enough of the berries perhaps she'd oblige Spider by giving a fuller answer.

"I am Spider." The word choice was precise. Her Fae blood prevented her from speaking anything but the truth. So she could not say Spider was her name. Unless she said precisely that she'd named herself Spider. A fact she felt was no one's business but her own. And Father's, only because he insisted on calling her by her birth name.

Spider consumed berries at a leisurely pace. Continual enough to encourage Al to continue eating the berries as well. A subliminal message through actions that was working well so far. As for Al's appraisal of her. Unless the woman gave her a look that was overtly suggestive Spider would see the lingering looks the woman gave her as quite normal. Spider knew that many found her a curiosity. Her markings, her dress, her manners, her features. Many also found themselves drawn to her without being able to pinpoint why. In these instances it was usually the allure of Mother's blood. Fae were compelling creatures without even trying.

Which is why Fae were downright dangerous when they put their compelling minds to it.

Al's question regarding the manner of markings drew a head shake from Spider. "The purpose of a marking is as permanent as the ink it's made of, because the purpose is literally locked into the ink which is sealed into the flesh. With that in mind, should you choose to have a marking for general channeling purposes now, that mark cannot be rededicated to a more specific purpose later. So if at a later date you wanted to serve more specific purposes all new markings would be required, rendering the old marking for general channeling purposes…" A light shrug. "Obsolete."

She added to her words with a sly smile. "In other words, your nether jewels would have more use than it." Looking quite pleased with her humor Spider popped an elderberry between her lips.

The Spider
The Spider

Back to top Go down

Post by ♥Allissya♥ Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:43 pm

It was good to know that there were waterfalls at this place, she would take note and attempt to venture out to find them, maybe even asking Az. That made sense to her. And the way that Spider was speaking she had to hold in a grin. "Yes, that would be her. " A tinge of jealousy might just cloud her words. While she had a forbidden crush on her sister, it didn't mean there was not some jealousy there, for Gwen was raised by Az. Even if Gwen wasn't flesh of Az's flesh, it would of been hard even for Al not to see the bond between the two. "Oh!" Oddly that made sense to her. "Your father resided here too, this place is all about family's." She did not snort a sound that wanted to escape. "Just Al if you wish me to answer." It was the truth it wasn't often that the full name slipped out. And if anyone called her by the full name, well she wouldn't answer. Only a few had such privileges that she would respond to anything else. The berries had a way of loosening up her tongue. She had eaten quite a few. "Allissya." The name was spoken with disdain, why she disliked the name she never said, but dislike it she did. Damn berries.

It did not take much to see the web markings, and the woman's name, well it was truly fitting. "Nice to meet you, Spider." She wouldn't question the name, even if she thought the name rather odd. The berries yes the berries they were continuing to make their way into her mouth. Not only were they tasty, her hostess did not seem to mind her eating them, so why would she stop? They did not make one feel rather stuffed and belly full of blah, and she needed any energy she could get.

If things had been different there might of been such a look, but her mind was on another accent, which meant she was dwaddling something she knew she should not do, but she wasn't on the clock. The accent which probably did not even remember her saying she would look into things, was fresh in the mind, and it had her listening rather keenly to the words that the woman was saying.

But that was a good thing, if she went with the general now, it would help with learning her gifts, and if things needed to change, if she did not get as good at her gifts as her mother, she would have a useless mark, but she could get others. Her mind was set on the fact that she would get as good as her mother with the gifts. "I think a general marking would be good. If something changes my mind, a bit of decoration is not a bad thing." She was not one that did not care for decorations, as was obvious by her neither region. A small impish grin formed at that, the words that Spider had said about such.

"Where do you think the best place to get the marking would be? Should it be something specific?" Of course, if questions were asked to Al she would speak, but it was not her fault that her lips were loosened. If she heard herself talk so much to a woman she just met, well, it would of been a funny look upon the young woman's face.

♥Allissya♥
♥Allissya♥

Back to top Go down

Post by The Spider Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:12 pm

Damn berries indeed. The bowl was well on its way to being emptied. "Allissya, yes." Spider repeated Al's full first name exactly how it was spoken to her. The length of the woman's entire name would affect the strength of what Al would feel when Spider spoke her name back to her. A prickle or ripple down the spine was the most common effect of having part of one's name spoken back to them exactly as they said it themselves. When spoken with a particular purpose behind such an invocation it was old and powerful magic.

Mulling the name Allissya over Spider nodded. This name made more sense to her. "Your given name is powerfully female. And desirable. Like a beauty parting her legs." Calling Gwen a virgin was a mistake. It planted a sexual seed in Spider's mind. The result was that colorful comment. She wouldn't apologize for it. That wasn't her way. "Are you a woman who fights for respect in a man's world?" Asked only because she chose to go by what was traditionally a male name instead.

"Father does not reside here. He hides here." Emphasis on hides. A large difference between the two in her opinion. She would say no more on the subject of Jamison. What she did divulge she felt was explanation enough. Nor did she inquire further about Gwen. Even if she did pick up the tinge in Al's voice this was not the time to discuss family matters.

There were matters of a mark to attend. Spider would not applaud or refute Al's choice to ink one mark. There was no right or wrong when it came to power markings. Only method. If one mark served Allissya's current method than one mark it would be. "It should be something representational of your desire. In this case emblematic of the lineage that grants you this power or symbolic of that pantheon you are looking to connect with. The more precisely chosen the symbol the greater its effects. Each bloodline has ancestral memories that can be unlocked and accessed through markings if they are smartly chosen, for example." She spoke from personal experience. Since she fulfilled her side of bargain and tattooed the family crest on her body each night her dreams were a flood of familial history. Damn Jamison LeFey. While informative it was something she didn't desire.

"As for the location. The best place to put this mark of general purpose is at the seat of your spirit." When Spider plucked the last two elderberries from the bowl she was already smirking. Knowing the humor wrapped in the truth to come. "You'll beg my pardon, but your jeweling could be considered an x marks the seat." Spider popped berries into her mouth.

The Spider
The Spider

Back to top Go down

Post by ♥Allissya♥ Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:15 pm

When the woman, Spider, said Al’s full name to her, she looked away. She was not fond of that name, it was true, more said then once. If that small tingle that ran along her spine had not, her attention would not of turned back to Spider. It was a curious look, but nothing came out of her mouth, the look that was upon her face was a mix of ire and curiosity.

Her name she never thought of it that way, the way that Spider was saying, but it made her laugh. Perhaps not the normal outcome, but none the less it was the one that she got. So much was given in that last bit of her words, it gave Al the feeling that Spider was a lover of the ladies and not the men. Not that she had a problem with such. Her sister might be a virgin, but she was not, she wasn’t a whore, but she had fun. More then once. “Thanks….” She thought so she would speak it, then a thought on that, a soft laugh. “It is a man’s world where I am from….and I did compete with men for my job. Not my fault that they were found lacking whereas I am not.” Spoken in a way that she would not take any other answer on that, if someone tried to say she was lacking in her job skills, she simply would not listen. It was not everyone that made it up the corporate chain as quickly as she did.

Well, that meant that her father was still in the Inn. There was nothing else for her to say about the thing. Family wasn’t why she was here.

That did make sense to her, and she was rather curious. “It would have to be either a lightening bolt for my mothers father, or maybe a heart or a cupid for my mothers mother.” Now, those were the two things that stuck out. “So I hear that Zeus is my grandpa and Aphrodite is my grandma…though I wonder how they would feel about such names.” A small laugh escaped Al, it was one of those odd laughs, like is this really my life sort. She was still coming to gripes with her lineage. And she was thinking of the things that both were associated with. She did not want the idea of a pumping heart either, the sort that one had inside them, that didn’t sound promising.

She blinked a moment, as she thought of that, and her head tilted. “What about on the other side of the jewels?” She didn’t want to have to undo and redo them, for they were more on the right side, but then again with the jewels that might be to busy. A small frown. “I think that could make for a very busy nether region.” But well she was wanting this so if that’s where Spider thought it was the best, she would go for it.
♥Allissya♥
♥Allissya♥

Back to top Go down

Post by The Spider Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:59 pm

Spider noticed that Al looked away. She wasn't surprised by the action. The woman's earlier wording make it clear that she didn't like her full name. Such a dislike wasn't unknown to Spider who also had a sordid past with her name. Yet she'd been compelled to say what she did about Al's full name. Literally compelled.

There were a number of occasions over the course of her life when this happened. When something undefined inside of her pushed to speak or to act. Always and only when a woman was involved. Over twenty years ago when she'd saved (and so met) Zalina was one of those times. These inner dragoons were one of the few things Spider was reluctant to explore about herself. She obeyed them when they came without a fight so that the inner puppetry she felt quickly passed.

"If where you come from is a man's world you were smart to leave." Her smirk was priggish. Still she was serious. "But lacking men are everywhere a woman turns. It's the duty of both sexes to explore their gender and what it means to be strong and honorable as a man or a woman. Yet it has been my observation that in the modern age women take this task to heart far more devoutly than men."

Spider was born in a country during an age where society took manners, personal character and moral fiber very seriously. She was reared by a man who worked all his life to be a shining white knight of magical practice. It wasn't that Spider hated men as an idea. It was the reality that so few men lived up to the idea of their gender and that even fewer even cared to bother trying that fueled her choice to avoid them. Any exceptions to the rule would be treated differently by her than their lazy brothers.

"As for the design. In both cases you should think about the kind of man your mother's father was, and the kind of woman your mother's mother was." Spider knew the common names for both deities but chose not use them. That they were relations to Al was what she wanted to focus on. "To mark their emblems into your flesh is to invoke their qualities to awaken within you. No man is perfect. Nor is any woman." Her smile was ironically smug. "But in bonding to our family we must always be as willing to battle the ancestral weaknesses as we are eager to use the ancestral strengths." Again Spider learned this firsthand thanks to the family crest freshly inked between her breasts. Covered currently by her clothes.

"You also don't have to choose one or the other. It's the nature of tattooing to blend multiple symbols smoothly into one visual." Spider sat back in her chair. Honey-bright eyes shone. Sparkling laughter for the comment about to come. "As for your nether region, you and I have just met. I've no idea how busy it is." A jest with a serious core. Spider already told her where the mark should be placed and made a suggestion. The location of the physical seat of Al's spirit (if her femininity was present in all she did, if she was headstrong, if she had a big heart, if she was a sturdy person with a strong backbone, if her feet never stopped traveling) was a private matter and Al's knowledge alone.
The Spider
The Spider

Back to top Go down

Post by ♥Allissya♥ Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:35 pm

Not that Al would know that Spider was compelled to say the name. Nor would she know that Spider did not really care for her own name either. She also did not know about the power of one’s name, though something about the shiver made her wonder, it was also the ONLY reason she had looked back at the girl. Few were given the privilege of calling her anything but what she chose. Normally it was after a longer acquaintance, it just happened sometimes that it happened right from the get.

Where she came from indeed was a man’s world. And she had made her way above many men, whom were not overly happy that such a young female had done such. They ignored the fact that she was organized, and she worked hard. They figured it was her pretty face and that she had to of spread her legs for the boss, which she had not. She had not always been close with her employer, but for the most part the man saw her as a equal in work matters, he had her fill in many times. That irked the other’s at work even more. “Most men I have met are lazy. Lazy not only in work but lazy about everything.” Most because of course there were a few, and then there were the men that even if they were lazy, she would over look it. Same with females, she wasn’t judging against either sex. She liked both.

A small impish grin slipped over her features. “Being an addict for sexual pleasure doesn’t sound so wrong does it?” But she knew she was being serious, and so she gave a nod. Truthfully depending on what stories you believed, both of her grandparents had something to do with love, and sexual pleasure. Being a young healthy female with a healthy drive, she already knew how to control things, for the most part. She liked to look, and in the right mood, flirt. Tempting, teasing, those seemed to be coming more natural to her, now. It did make perfect sense to her, one would have to learn to deal with all of those things.

She thought about that, looking down at her lap in thought, before her head snapped upwards, bright leaf green gaze landing upon Spider, not her eyes. “So you could do a heart with a lightening bolt coming out of it?” In some fashion that was what she was saying right you could blend them. It wasn’t like Spider said the marking had to be huge, did it. “What size would you suggest for it?” Because the more she thought about it, she was thinking of ways that she could have the mark where Spider said would be best, and still play with her bedazzles.
♥Allissya♥
♥Allissya♥

Back to top Go down

Post by The Spider Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:29 pm

Not that Spider would know the only reason why Al looked back at her after looking away. It wasn't a matter she thought deeply about. If their was something amiss Spider assumed it would've been voiced. Just as Spider would've voiced the reason she spoke Al's full name if she thought it was necessary information to give. She didn't even share with Jamison fact her Mother's blood compelled her to speak or act. Not even with Zalina. Everyone was entitled to private affairs. So Spider's attention remained on the matter of the mark.

Spider's smile in return to Al's jocular remark was sly. Honey-bright eyes looking just above Al's eyes at her brow. "With most things I'm unable to addict." She could not say all things. That would be a lie and she was unable to speak lies. "My love affair with control is too deep." There was one thing she found thrilling to lose control to. And suspected that single addiction would never wane. It was embedded too deeply with who she was for her to ever be willing want true control over it.

"I could easily do that." Added in reply to combining the heart and lightning. "Do you wish to be inked in color or only black?" Looking at Spider's mostly bare arms it was easy to see she preferred only black. Only recently had this preference been broken. With the freshly inked mark between her breasts that was not visible currently. "Either is feasible. It is a question of your own faith. For your purpose, do you feel these symbols are better represented in color, or by silhouette."

Spider shrugged at Al's final question. "Size does not equal the level of intention when it comes to markings. It's more to fit the marking best to the shape of your body and the spot where it's being placed. But to allow for the detail work necessary to combine the two symbols the mark should be no smaller than a square inch. It can be as large as you're compelled to make it."

Most of the major issues of power marking had been discussed. It was time to ask. "Do you wish to ink your mark today? Or another day so you can take time to prepare your intention?" To this question there was no right answer. It depended on the individual.
The Spider
The Spider

Back to top Go down

Post by The Spider Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:50 am

She would not disagree that everyone was allowed their private items.  It really was no one else's business for why she did not like her full name.  If she wanted people to know she'd tell them.  "I understand the control thing."  She liked to control things as well.  It was fitting with her job.  She needed to be able to handle controlling things, along with her other skills.

A small nod of her head, as she thought about that, thinking.  "I think maybe a black outline, with the items colored in?"  She liked flashy items, if one couldn't tell by seeing where she was bedazzled.  She liked color, especially in places that only few people would see, select perhaps.  She thought that the color would be better for those items as well.  She thought about that, and wondered a moment, about the size, "Do you think if we are putting it where we have said, that about  inch or inch and half might be a good size?"  She thought that Spider would have the best knowledge on that, because she knew about the markings that Al would not know about.  A small nod of her head.  "If you have the time to do it today, it would be best.  I actually have free time, if you do."  Otherwise she would just move her schedule around.

Color and now.  That was all Spider needed to know.  She stood up and went over to her desk.  Pulling open the bottom drawer.  Taking out two leather cases.  Both she brought over to the kitchen table.  Setting them down on the chair.  Then moving the bowl of berries to the side.  So each case could be set on the table.  "Without looking at the area itself?  Any larger than two inches would be an eyesore.  I assume you're freshly shaven.  And that part of your relationship with control is a tolerance for pain?  I am sure you are no stranger to the height of sensation in that area."  Her smirk was amused.  She couldn't help it.  She knew firsthand how challenging a marking in that area could be.  It was where she'd placed the first of her own markings.  To ensure that she could never be violated again.  She would allow Al to address these issues before speaking more.  Concentrating on her current task.  Setting up the working space.  A test tube holder, a number of small vials, no needles as of yet.

Those were good things to know.  When Spider stood up, Al would sneak out two more berries, and as Spider was walking back to the table the berries would be eaten.  She couldn't help it.  When the items were placed down on the table, she would look between the two.  "When you see the area you can go from there?"  Meaning she was trusting the woman with the sizing.  She wouldn't know for sure, but thought smallish was good.  "I would like to stay away from eyesores."  She wasn't the most comfortable in her skin at times, but since the other side woke up, its made that hassle alot easier.  One of those surprises.  "I have a good pain tolerance." She had experimented in things, you know the whole never say no till you try it, enough said.  The answer to the other question statement was a grin.  Really did she have to say anything else?  Bright green leaf gaze watched what Spider was doing, the curiosity was new to her, but she was trying not to show it to bad.

"Yes.  I will go from there."  She used the same inflection on the turn of phrase that Al had.  Spider was good at her work.  Already she was shaking the contents she mixed together for the first ink.  The black.  Only a glance from her work to Al.  "After I am done mixing the ink I will set up a table for you to lay on.  Should you wish, I can provide you with a robe, apron, towel or some other means of covering what you do not wish to have bare.  They are all articles I have on hand for my clients, they are all sterilized or disposable, and none of them are my personal things."  The first time she had seen Al she had been dancing in the nude with the blonde who had trouble with her zipper.  But Spider did not want to assume.  "If the pain becomes to great I have a topical remedy for that as well.  Simply alert me."  In addition to pigment and witch hazel (which was her carrier fluid) she added  three more ingredients to each pigment she mixed.  Two liquid.  One ground powder.  The second color was nearly done.  Red.

That made her feel safe in the aspect of the size of the marking.  "Thanks."  She thought it was a good thing.  Gaze would keep flickering over to her.  A simple shrug of her shoulders as she thought about that.  "Unless you wish it, I don't need anything."  With her luck if she did use something because it was her choice, something would get bumped.  She wasn't one that could stand a cluttered work area.  And she would not suggest to clutter another's work area unless they preferred it.  Her mind wouldn't think of her flesh baring as anything else but a work area for now, at least.  It was the first time Al had been that free in a long time as well.  The not paying attention to whom was around.  "Thank you I will make sure to let you know if it does."  She hoped it did not, she thought feeling those things, made one stronger.  Kept watching she was, because it looked neat, not that she thought she would ever learn the craft.

The craft Spider worked was more than simple art.  It was also The Craft.  Though she moved at a clipping pace she was also very careful.  If even a few grains too much happened to drop into any of the tubes Spider would have discarded it.  That happened sometimes.  She was fallible even when it came to mixing.  It didn't happen today.  The red was slipped into the test tube holder.  Her smile sly as she mixed a smaller amount of yellow ink.  For the lightning.  "I've no wishes when it comes to clients.  The body is a canvas.  I will work on the canvas' terms."  In this case Al would be bare and that was fine with her.  As she said it was Al's choice.  "As you wait for me to complete my mixing you should think of how to word your intention.  As I ink your body you should think nothing of the goal you have that you want this mark to be charged with.  The easiest way to keep your mind focused is to have a phrase to repeat, or a sentence.  Clear and concise."  The yellow ink was slipped into the test tube rack and she started on the final color.  White.

She wouldn't of disregarded Spider's Craft.  When one knew what they were doing she knew you did not have to move slowly, you would know if it was what you wanted or not.  She wouldn't question that.  A nod of her head.  "Then I shall not use any covering."  It was decided and she would think about that.  Not that she would for sure say the words out loud, she was the sort that believed to believe and wish for something to work out, and to keep her thoughts solid it was more of a in her head thing.  "Do they have to be said out loud?  I focus better if I talk in my head."  That might sound weird or secretive but it wasn't.  She was used to have to being able to focus in her mind.

"No.  Your mark needs to hear your intent.  Not me."  After she deposited the last color into the rack she gestured behind her.  There were two doors behind her and her gesture indicated the one on the right.  "You are welcome to my facility if you want to disrobe in there and ready yourself.  I will have the workspace ready shortly."  Spider did not mean to be curt with her.  It was just how she did business.  Clean and precise.  If focus wasn't harnessed on both sides then the mark would not be charged with a clean goal.  That was an error that could not be fixed.  While Al took care of her clothing Spider went into her bedroom.  That is where the massage table was stored.  In that closet.  She pulled it out.  While it was heavy she was used to its weight.  Carrying out vertically.  Laying it on its side.  Pulling the legs out and locking them.  Standing it up and making sure it was sturdy.  Then she went over to her cabinet.  There she had a number of spray bottles.  She pulled one out and headed back over to the work area.  Bottle was put on the table and she disappeared into the bedroom momentarily and came out with a sheet.  She had fitted it to the table herself and she slipped it over the top now.

"Good."  That was good for her to hear, it was easier to chant that way into her head.  Yes yes, she would look to where the two doors were when she gestured.  "Thank you." Would be spoken after Spider said she could use the room to get ready.  When Spider was up from the chair Al would rise as well.  Taking her steps into the room that Spider had suggested.  When she was in the room she would slip out of her blue jean cut off shorts, shoes, and the undies.  She was freshly shaven in her nether regions it was something she kept up on, what was the point of having the bedazzles iffen something took away from the aspect of them.  Clothes were folded neatly and set to the side, out of the way, so they would be there for her when she came back. Steps would take her out of the bathroom, the right side of her lower regions was bedazzled by green jewels in the shape of a four leaf clover.  It wasn't overly large and it should not be in the way of what Spider was going to do.  She had left her socks on, feet got cold on the floors in this Inn, she had learnt.  She would look over as Spider was putting the sheet over the table.  Until she was told to get on the table she wouldn't.

It was good she didn't get on the table.  It wasn't ready.  After Spider fitted the sheet over top she grabbed the spray bottle.  Spraying the cloth down.  It smelled like lemon verbena and lavender.  The base was witch hazel like it was in the tattoo ink.  She liked to keep the work as clean and sterilized as possible.  "You may get on the table.  Your head should go there of course."  Spider gestures to the part of the massage table that had a circular base and a hole in the center.  For the head to rest whether a person was on their stomach or their back.  "And on your back.  You will need to relax your legs and allow them to open naturally as they would if you were laying on your back to sleep.  Before I will use the needle I will draw the mark on you in liner.  This would be a good time for you to practice repeating your intention.  If you lose your focus while I'm drawing there's no consequence.  If you lose your focus briefly when I'm using the needle there's no great consequence so long as you refocus yourself and reapply your will quickly.  Is there anything I can do to make you more comfortable?"  A priggish smile.  That was almost ironic.  Many who were Spider's clients said there was no better than she but that her bedside manner was cold.

See, she was good to listen and do what was needed in those aspects.  After Spider sprayed and told her to get on the table she would.  Head would go where the head was to go.  Following direction was almost as easy as giving direction.  Once she was laying there she would speak instead of nod.  "I can do that."  It made sense to her, she relaxed upon the table, letting her lids drift shut, she wasn't sleeping but she was using a trick she had learnt.  Her mind was cleared of everything else but what she needed to focus on.  Slowly the words she had planned were going through her head, just starting there.  "I am quite comfortable thank you."  Was spoken before she let her mind go back.  Asking if anything she could do didn't seem cold, but it could be the practical side?
The Spider
The Spider

Back to top Go down

Post by The Spider Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:45 am

"Good."  That word could be applied to either of Al's comments.  Or both.  Once the woman was situated in the position Spider required, Spider would get to work.  The tool she used to make the sketch on Al's body was an eyeliner pencil.  There were other more fancy artistic tools which could serve the same purpose but Spider found the eyeliner to be exactly what she needed.  She didn't have a heavy stroke with her hand.  Only faint lines were marked on Al's flesh to give her an idea of the largesse of the mark and the base level of shape and detail.  Spider said no more than the single word.  She assumed that Al was doing as directed and practicing repeating her intention.  If such was the case it was best that Al was not distracted by idle talk.  When Spider needed to convey something to her she would speak.  If not - like now - she would remain silent and do her work.

Al wouldn't flinch when the eye liner would make the light marks to give Spider an idea of what she was going to do.  She was ticklish at times, but now was not one of those times, and she wasn't about to lose her concentration at the moment either.  Her eyes were closed, really what was going to happen that she would need to watch, honestly she had a small fear of needles.  So the fact that she had a chant going on in her head, was a good thing.  She always heard that once you got inked, and she was assuming it was the same wit this, that it was a bit addictive.

The addiction could be true.  In a different way for power markings.  Once Spider had seen for herself the convenience in having a marking for each of her set needs one had turned quickly into over twenty.  But Spider was Wizard.  She had a need for markings to be so precise.  Each executed a very detailed enchantment.  And there were many enchantments that the changeling wanted to be able to execute at a moment's notice.  After Spider drew the outline she stood back.  Enough distance that she could examine its placement on the body, the proportions and so on.  After this examination she put liner to body for one last stroke.  Her fingertip erased another stroke.  "You are ready for the needle.  As soon as I apply needle to flesh, you should focus on the sensation of the needle.  Because that is where you need to focus your intention.  Into the mark itself.  Should the needling prove too painful tell me.  I will numb the area.  Even numb you will be able to feel the pressure of the needle on your body so you will still be able to focus your intention."  Spider relayed this to Al as she stood at her work table.  Loading the mixture of black ink into the needle.  "I will do the outlining of the mark first.  When you are ready."  Spider moved a chair over to the table Al lay on.  She would not use the chair the whole time but she liked to have it there for brief relief during the process.

Only time would tell if it was true for Al.  One never knew what the girl would find addictive and what she wouldn't think of as being addictive.  That would be the reason she was leaving such things in Spider's hands, the placement and the sizing.  She had to trust in the one that was doing the marking.  For that aspect.  When Spider talked, her attention would shift to the words.  "I will."  As in she will focus on where the needle was going to be touching the flesh, and she would tell her if it was too painful.  She had not opened her eyes, instead she spoke at a perhaps softer voice.  "I am ready."  She was going to say when you were but well Spider wouldnt start unless she was ready right?  Eyes staying closed as she would get ready for the first touch of the needle.  Her mind was going back to the chanting....

The needle was not electric.  Electric gadgets tended to malfunction around Wizards of her ilk so she had little use for them.  Spider preferred her own needling device anyway.  The pace of the needle was controlled by the action of her thumb and control was something she liked to have a firm grip on.  Her needling device was no more or less painful than an electric device.  A little slower and in being slower it was if you asked her more precise.  What was felt was a prick.  Similar to stepping on a tack but repeated.  After feeling the sensation for a few minutes the body got used to it and it was less painful.  Spider made clean outlines in black.  Stopping every other minute to blot the area with a sterile white cloth she pulled out of one of her leather cases.  To blot up the blood that resulted from the needling.  If Al was sensitive to magical energy she might feel a small shot of energy entering the area that was being needled with each push of said needle.  That was Spider's power.  Activating the special ink she used so that it would be ready to receive the intention Al was channeling.

That would work, she wouldn't know the difference between a electric needle or a non electric needle. On the first prick of the needle to her flesh, she didn't flinch, she had been prepared.  Her mind had searched out where that needle was pricking, her eyes staying closed.  Breathing staying steady, as if she knew eventually the area would not feel as sensitive to it.  Her thoughts were stuck on the channeling like Spider said, the thoughts were not flickering away.  They were going strong in her head, her eyes almost as if she could see the words there, concentrating on the pricking of the needle.  The magical bit was felt, for she could sense it just not know what it was.

So long as Al did not fight or recoil from the sensation of the magic energies Spider sent into the area with each prick of the needle it was fine that she didn't know what those surges were exactly.  Spider made smooth work of the outline.  She used a pace a little slower than she would use on a mark that was on the arm.  Because of the sensitively of this area.  She was female after all and romantic with women.  The level of sensation on all the parts of a woman's body she a century's worth of knowledge about.  Continuing to mark the outline she was pleased at how clean the lines inked.  Taking time to blot when necessary.  "I am almost done with the outline.  As you channel your intention to the area do remember to breathe.  Holding tension in your body will make the pinch more severe.  Breathing will help prevent this."  Not that she observed Al had extreme tension.  But when inking flesh there were sore spots - places that the needle hurt significantly more.  Considering where she was inking Spider anticipated that one or more sore spots would be found.

There was no recoiling.  If anyone had told her in the beginning the prick of the needle even as it was numbing felt slightly addicting.  She was not in a hurry for Spider to be done.  Her lids barely flinched as she welcomed the feeling of the needle puncturing the skin.  Her thoughts were on replay the thought she had on her mind, was keeping her centered that with the feeling of concentrating where the pricks were felt.  She heard Spider, and her breathing had evened out, one didn't know how to breathe properly in such a circumstance unless one was told.  If Spider found one of those more then normal sensitive spots she wouldn't know except for being on her own, or perhaps it would be the grimace of teeth, or the eyes shutting tightly a moment.  But unlike a natural instinct to buck upwards or squirm away, she did neither.  She stayed put, still as one could while keeping breathing even, controlled.

Al was good at taking directions.  This was fortunate.  Spider had little patience for people who didn't listen when instructed.  Because Al immediately applied the advice, Spider could make smooth work of this task.  She did so in silence.  Pausing in her needling to blot over the area with the clean white cloth.  There was blood as there always was when tattooing but never was it severe.  Whenever Spider applied the needle to the area again Al would feel not only the pricking pinch of the needle but the surge of energy that entered her body along with it.  Opening the potential of the ink and the mark so that Al could cement her intention within it.  As she worked she said nothing.  There was no need.  Until.  "The outline is now complete.  Your mark is modest in size so this process will go quickly.  So it's crucial that you put all of your will power into this mark and the purpose you want it to have.  Since there is no luxury of hours of time as there is with larger markings.  I am now going to do shading with the black.  This sensation will feel deeper and slower."  She was fair when it came to doing her job.  Letting the client know what she was doing before she did it.

If Al wouldn't of been good at following directions when she needed to, she would of never made it up to where she was at work.  That along with the way she kept everything organized and unmessy had been rather good for her.  When needed her mind could snap onto something and it was easier to get a pit bull to let go of a fresh meat steak then it would be to get her mind to let go of its idea.  She felt it, the prick and the surge of energy.  It was when the surge was there that she started to concentrate on her wording.  Right before Spider said the outline was done her eyes squinted a half a moment in a fresh soft spot had been found.  It did not last long.   Her breathing relaxed back rather quickly that if Spider had been a normal human being she would of never noticed the difference.  "Thanks." The word came out softly and slowly, even as part of her mind kept the thought going she was not one that wanted to lose her train of thought.  And she would begin to chat in her head almost louder, more steady, a certain rhythm that she was careful not to tap her toe too.

"Mm."  Her only reply.  For a reason.  She did not want Al to think that she intended to start a conversation between them.  She had clients before who had made that mistake of thinking they were at the hairdresser's so to speak and they yakked incessantly.  Spider made fluid work of the shading on this mark.  In some ways a mark of this size was harder to render.  Smaller markings make detail work difficult.  This is why she was doing some light shading with black before applying the next layer of color.  It would help give dimension to offset the size.  If she noticed Al's struggles when soft spots were hit she said nothing about them.  So the woman's concentration wouldn't be interrupted.  She had offered to numb the area should Al decide she need it and she trusted that her client would speak up if that was the case or if she needed her to pause in her needling.  But a pause came soon enough on its own.  Spider drew back.  Blotting the area with the cloth before crossing to the table.  "I have finished with the black ink and will now prepare for the red.  This section of needling coming up with be the longest.  You should relax now in the meantime."  She had her back to Al as she put the needle with the black ink on the table.  Taking out a new needle and loading the red she mixed earlier into it.

Oh the way she was being marked, or more likely the place she was being marked she would not get confused.  She might of gone in for a bikini wax but the feeling was quite different.  Very much so.  No conversation about the random goings on coming out of her.  If she needed her to numb it she would of spoken up.  She stayed as still as she could, concentrating, and chanting in her head, while breathing normally.  She had almost lost her self into the chanting and the pricking that it took a moment of not feeling the needle piercing her skin for her to blink her eyes open.  She let her eyes lift open, the lids falling backwards as she peeked down at Spider and the ink that was already a part of her body.  She took a few deep breaths, it was funny because now her body tensed.  Just for a few seconds, before she would relax it again.  The time the needle was going in, she didn't tense up at all.  "Will it get number faster because of the fill?"  Curious, not that she was complaining, there wasn't anything in her voice but a simple question. No whiny or complaint.

If she looked at the mark she would notice that besides the black the area was quite red.  With small pricks of blood welling up here and there.  There was nothing wrong.  This is simply what such a mark looked like when it was first being inked.  "The areas that have already been needled will have a dulled sensation if the needle passes there again.  In this case where I have done preliminary shading.  That is not the majority of the mark however.  As you may have seen for yourself."  She had only shaded the top left rim of the heart.  And a three small areas in the meat of the heart where lightening would break out.  The rest of the heart had not been inked yet.  As Spider replied she tested the freshly loaded needle on the cloth.  Satisfied with how the red ink ran from the well, she sat down in the chair next to Al to continue her work.  "Refocus your concentration, and when you feel the needle begin your channeling again.  After I am done with the red ink the majority of the mark will be complete."  Only the yellow of the lightening bolts and the white shading would be left.

She figured if something was wrong with the way the marking was going, Spider would say something.  There wasn't a worry there.  "Okay."  She only spoke so Spider knew she was paying attention to the words, that she heard her, and she wasn't ignoring her.  Eyes would slowly drift closed again, as she would start to concentrate waiting for the first prick so that her thoughts would start to channel into the spot, to the spot that was being inked.where the needle would break the flesh.

"We begin."  She set the needle into motion and began shading the heart at the bottom where it came to a point.  She would work from there up to the upper right side, and then ink the left where she had done the shading.  To add color over a color that was already inked was best done last after she saw how the red sat on Al's flesh.  How a color looked on the skin changed from person to person, depending on a number of factors.  Including most obviously their skin tone.  She would make slow careful work of filling in the coloring of this heart.  The blotting occurred more frequently because blood was red, just like the color she was inking.  So Spider had to pat it with a towel often so that she could make sure that she was not missing any areas.  Just as before as she needled Al would feel the buzzing surge of power pressing into her flesh at the same time the needle pressed.  Facilitating Al's channeling.  As the process was going smoothly Spider felt no need to say anything else.  When she blotted she took her time with the act.  To give Al short breaks in order to recover herself or catch her breath before she leaned back in to continue the process. 
The Spider
The Spider

Back to top Go down

Post by The Spider Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:30 am

The words gave her a bit of a heads up.  The skin tone of Al was a bit pale, compared to most, for she had not been out in the sun as of late.  Usually redheads burnt badly but she was graced with flesh that tanned.  Her thoughts were completely concentrated upon the words that she was chanting in her mind.  The spikes of energy were noticed but they did not cause her thoughts to drift, her mind was caught on the pricking of the needle.  The feeling of the blotting was not a distraction either, the girls mind was where it was suppose to be.

The last person she had inked was her father.  As was the way with Jamison and Spider there had been heated conversation as she'd worked.  But Jamison was the most famous Warden of his time.  He was able to split his concentration.  Still.  To have a client where there was no such baggage present was welcome.  It allowed her to just focus on her work.  Which she enjoyed.  The fact that she was inking so close to Al's feminine flower wasn't even in her mind.  When Spider was doing her art her romantic desires and preferences didn't enter the picture.  Jamison had raised her well to discipline herself to have an iron focus.  Time passed and Spider reached the shaded area.  She sat back.  Blotting over the mark and looking it over.  A century's worth of experience gave her the ability to measure coloring despite the redness of the area.  "I am nearly done with the heart."  A glance up at Al's face before she leaned in and resumed working on the last part of the heart.

It was best when one wasn't used to splitting such concentration when it was important not to try.  And she knew as much though it was more of a inner voice that told her, not someone's actual words.  The fact being that while she was being marked she wouldn't of noticed what preference Spider had.  She did get some good things from Jamison!  And the words of Spiders came in with a breath penetrated her mind and escaped on the exhale.  The thoughts, of hers had not changed and the words that were given did not have to change anything.  Not the thought process or anything else.

As promised the area she had shaded was less sensitive to the pain as it was still processing the needling that happened moments ago.  The press and pace of the needle changed as well.  Spider blotted with more frequency over this area.  It was careful business.  To make sure she didn't tattoo red ink entirely over the black.  To ensure the shading would show through.  When she believed she was finished she stood.  Blotting one last time, she now looked at the mark from this greater distance.  One more brief press of the needle to touch up an area that looked light on ink and then Spider stepped away to the table.  "You may relax again as I load the yellow.  Now that the majority of the mark is complete, you will begin to feel a push of energy from the mark.  This is a sign that the mark has been well charged.  When you feel this push you do not have to exhaust your will as deeply as you have.  But you should keep your mind on the mark's purpose and let it settle into your body."  These instructions were given as she loaded the yellow ink into a fresh needle.  As before she tested the tip of the needle against the cloth she was using to blot.  Making an adjustment to the needle before turning to Al's side.

It did feel a different pinch.  The blotting would be felt but nothing changed in the head.  No her head was chanting and concentrating.  She had not stopped thinking on those things, not even when she stopped for the moment to look at it.  But then she started with the needle and it was good cause she concentrated on it.  Once more she took another breath the relaxing tense sort before she relaxed again under the feeling.  A small nod of her head, before she relaxed once more to settle the breathing her thoughts concentrating just as hard as they had been, because she wasn't quite there yet.

When Spider sat down her honey-bright eyes examined the work so far.  Needle was then applied to fill the small areas she'd left within the heart next to the bits of black that were the areas where lightening would originate.  She would work on the lightening within the heart first.  As promised this part of the inking process would go more quickly.  Perhaps because of who she was, Spider chose to represent the lightning in the web style that happened when it streaked across the sky.  Rather than a thick fat cartoonish bolt.  This lightening spread outward from the heart on all three sides where it forked into smaller streaks.  Just how lightning naturally occurred.  She was quite satisfied each time she blotted the mark.  She felt the artistry was going well.  The needling came in short bursts as she inked each bit of lightning.  And she was already standing to look at the mark from above after a final blot.  "As promised I am done already.  All that remains is a small amount of shading in white.  Then you will be done and I will explain how to care for this mark to ensure its lasting success."  Spider took one last look down at her work before she was certain she was finished with the yellow.  And loaded the final ink into the final needle.

She had given over all the artistic qualities to Spider, and that was a wise choice.  She would think so once she saw it.  Most would of went the cartoonish look she would be glad that Spider did not.  Blink of lashes let her know that Al heard her, but she wasn't moving, not until she was ready.  The breathing stayed the same, the easy in and out.  eyes did not flinch in their closed state.  Mind was still concentrating, though she could feel the power of the marking, being drawn into it.

When Spider returned to Al she did not sit down.  It was best to do this shading from a distance.  Where she could examine the depth correctly.  The needling was erratic now.  The white was just to make the marking more dynamic by playing with light.  Like the shading of black on the heart was playing with shadow.  It gave the lightning dimension especially.  Blotting after every small series of pricks.  After what was no more than five minutes Spider stepped back, pushing the chair she'd had next to Al under the table.  "You are finished.  Do not sit up yet, however.  I must show you how to care for the mark first."  Spider placed the last needle on the table, taking out a bottle of lotion and some sterile gauze from one of her cases.  "For the next few days your mark needs to be moist."  A slight smirk.  She found the wording ironic considering where the mark was close to.  "If the mark was to dry out, it would scab and when that scab peeled much of the coloring would peel with it.  All your efforts would be lost.  Applying a thick coat of lotion over the mark and then applying a piece of gauze loosely over that is how a mark is prevented from drying out.  I will allow you to apply the lotion, considering the location of the tattoo."  She could be professional like that.  The bottle was offered out to Al.  "And this bottle is yours to keep.  It's a specific blend designed for caring for power-markings.  I'd prefer you use this over anything else."

Now she would wait until the last of the pin pricks before she would open her eyes.  Truth be told it wasn't until she was told that Spider was done.  Her mind would calm on its chanting.  And the eyes looked to Spider, she would thank her in a bit, and find out about the payment for the marking.  She nodded her head.  "I can keep it moist."  She couldn't help the small grin slipping over her lips.  And when the bottle was offered to her her hand went out, but she was careful not to move to much she was told not to get up yet.  "Thanks."  She would open the lotion and squeeze a bit out, enough that would be good for a coating of the tattoo.  Unless she was stopped she would move to apply the thick coat of said lotion over her freshly inked spot.

Her smirk deepened when she noticed Al's grin.  At least she wasn't the only one with such humor.  "I will leave the gauze and tape here.  Remember not to stretch the gauze too tightly over the mark.  Otherwise the gauze with soak up all the lotion, not the skin.  After you have finished you may get dressed.  Once the healing process for the mark is complete - and you will know it is when the top layer of skin has finished peeling - then you can start working with your mark magically.  Every few days it is wise to recharge your mark with the intention you channeled into it today, to keep it strong and at its highest potency.  This can be done with focused meditation much like the kind you did today.  Should you have any questions I can make myself available to you."  As Spider finished explaining the rest of the process that came with getting the mark she was already starting to clean up.  Tending to the four needles and ink vials on the table, taking them over to the sink where she would wash and dry them one by one.

Of course not!  That humor was there, lurking even if it did not peek its head out often, or as often as some might think.  Her head nodded, as she finished applying the lotion, and then she was moving onto the gauze.  A piece or two that wasn't to much bigger but big enough would be picked up, and she would carefully lay it over the spot.  using the tape she would tape up the gauze to her.  Once that was taken care of, she had listened to the rest of Spiders words.  She made her way into Spider's bathroom to redress, carefully because of the mark, the flesh was a bit sensitive there.  When she came out she gave a nod.  "Thank you." For explaining things, so she knew how to take care of it.  "What do I owe you?"  She hadn't planned on doing it today but it made sense.  She knew the flesh would be sore for a while but she hadn't planned on any activities for a while so that was fine. 

While Al was clothing herself in the bathroom Spider continued to clean the area.  By the time Al emerged from the bathroom the table that Spider asked her to lay on was stowed away.  There were a number of things still in the kitchen sink but those Spider could tend to later.  Spider was wiping down the circular table that her supplies has been on when Al came out of the bathroom.  She didn't pause in her task when Al inquired about payment.  But Al's question gave Spider mental pause.  Because the woman's knock had immediately lead into a consultation which lead immediately into making the mark she'd had no time to consider payment.  She would do what was in her Fae nature to do.  Answer a question with a far more loaded question.  "What is such a marking worth to you?"  Honey-bright eyes glanced in Al's direction, but not to look directly into the woman's eyes.  More to look over her face. 

She would tilt her head, thinking a moment, now she didn't know.  She couldn't give a honest answer, because she had yet to use the marking and wouldn't be able to use it for a while.  "I don't know for sure what it going to be worth to me....until I get use out of it."  She was being as honest as she could, which was rather honest, the girl had that streak.

"Then once you discern its value you will return here and make your payment."  Her tone make it down that the decision was made.  She was in no immediate want for payment right now, though payment was necessary.  And this matter she would now explain.  "Though take care in the amount of time that lapses between your deed and payment.  While there is not right when it comes to payment," emphasis on right, "payment is required for the magic to be a success.  Magic is in essence a contract that is an exchange of energy.  Should many weeks pass and you do not make good with your half of the contract, the energies of mine that sank into your body with each press of the needle will begin to unravel, and this will unravel the glue that binds your will to the mark I have just given you.  It's power will disintegrate, and there is no repairing a contract that falls to shambles when it isn't honored.  This is no will of mine.  It is simply the reality."  Spider tossed the disposable towels that she cleaned the table with into the trash, falling into stillness as she crossed her hands in front of her and regarded her client.

Her head gave a small nod.  "That makes sense." It sounded fair as well, though she wasn't used to such a way of payment.  Now she had planned on a payment it was only fair wasn't it?  So perhaps after the first use or second she should have a feel for what she needed to give Spider for payment.  Hopefully they would be in agreement.  She glanced around a moment before looking back to Spider, "IT does make sense.  Though I don't know much about magic's I have a lot to learn."  It was very true.  But that was the whole point of this well part of the point was to help her learn things.  And of course, she would have to talk to others bout somethings and then she could go from there.  Before she thought, "Do you have a particular preference for what form the payment comes in?"  Some wished for cash money, some wished for gold, some wish for gems...other's well items.  It was good to know how to measure things as well.

If Al didn't make payment she'd also be in debt to a Fae.  Which was one of the most dangerous situations to find oneself in.  Spider didn't mention this however.  While she wasn't as dubious as her mother Spider knew when disclosing information was to her disadvantage.  Besides.  She felt what she'd told Al about the contract of magic should be enough to compel the woman to follow through with payment.  More than fair.  "I am interested to hear your proposal.  When you have one knock on my door as you did today.  Three times."  There was a reason behind the three.  Several in fact.  To knock on her door three times was to alert her wards that the person who wanted inside her dwelling had contact with Spider before.  This kept the knocker safer than a simple stranger.

And oddly that would not be a good thing.  She could understand that if she didn't know it.  But she was the sort that did not like to be indebted to anyone.  She normally worked with time frames, and so this timeframe she had was one that was more open ended but she would not take to long.  In fact she might come up with something before she even tested out the merchandise even.  One never knew what to expect with it came to her.  "Thanks.  I will remember to knock three times."  The funny thing was an old song her parents back home used to listen too crept into her head, causing some thoughts she didn't want to deal with in memories.  "I don't wish to keep you any longer....I appreciate your time."  And the fact that time was taken would also be considered in her payment thoughts.

"Do."  Remember to knock three times.  Said with a sly little pull to her lips.  When Al said she didn't wish to keep her any longer, Spider would take that cue.  While it was a level of manners she didn't normally bother with she went over to the door.  Opening it wide so that Al would have easy passage.  "Enjoy exploring your mark."  Considering how smoothly the process of inking her had gone Spider was confident that the mark she tattooed had served her well. 

She would.  A smile.  She would walk towards the door, carefully mind you.  "Thank you."  A smile and she would slip out, she was planning on it.  She hoped it worked out well as it was intended the hard part would be figuring out payment for such a thing.  And out she went, making two mental notes.  One to figure out the payment and the second was the always knock three times on Spider's door. 
The Spider
The Spider

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down