Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Knock at Rodry Pol's door

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Knock at Rodry Pol's door Empty Knock at Rodry Pol's door

Post by Elessar Thu May 19, 2011 10:38 pm

"I will take the tray to Rodry Pol's room."

After slipping away from the lounge, and leaving his best friend at the tender mercy of De'Ryanna, Elessar had considered the advice of taking the man's drink along with his breakfast tray the next morning. 

It was an intriguing thought to the elf considering he'd hardly gotten to speak to the man after scaring him which was why the morning would find said elf carrying a covered tray down the hallway to the room of Rodry Pol.

Breakfast today consisted of two freshly baked honey rolls with a side of butter, smoked ham, and an apple and orange. He did not know what Rodry liked to eat but he had picked a fare that he thought would be well enough. 

After last night's accidental scaring Elessar wasn't taking chances and hummed a lively tune as he went down the hall to the right room. And, if that wasn't enough to alert the man he was coming, then the following knock upon his door should. 

"I have brought you breakfast," said in a clear voice. Holding the tray he waited. 

Elessar
Elessar

Number of posts : 107

Back to top Go down

Knock at Rodry Pol's door Empty Re: Knock at Rodry Pol's door

Post by Rodry Pol Fri May 20, 2011 12:01 pm

Rodry had at least got what he had been searching for when he had headed to the lounge the previous night. A night of rest brought on by physical exhaustion, despite the fact that it hadn't been brought on by the walk he had desired! One of the few times in his life, it was a knock on his door rather than the suns rising that had woken him. A quick move of his hand directed towards the window. He was just that groggy that for a moment ... he forgot of the disability that plagued him so strongly. Rodry sluggishly shifted out of bed, a hand shading his eyes while his feet found his slippers.

Oversleeping of course meant that he was still in his night clothes! The long cotton night shirt he wore looked more like the sort of thing a man would have worn a few hundred years ago. For it brushed at the tops of his slippers as he moved. Not getting far before groping for his cane where it had been leaning against his night stand. He hadn't even gone through his morning routine, which had him glancing at the things he had laid out on the counter. The small cold iron box that was sitting beside a teapot, a mortar and pestle and a small plate that had been enchanted to grow hot with the proper command word. He left Elessar waiting only long enough for him to toss a towel over the set up. Then he was making his way towards the door.

"Just a minute, just a minute."

The voice was familiar, which brought back the night before. Ah. The sneaky elf! It wasn't until he was reaching out for the door before he realized he hadn't put on any gloves. Which had him snatching his hand back and glancing idly at the door. Bother! Which had him turning and shuffling off for the bathroom instead! It wasn't before he was at least three quarters of the way there that he was piping up again.

"You can let yourself in. Feel free to make yourself at home, I just need to finish up with my morning routine."

Which gave Elessar the freedom to wander in and set things down on the coffee table and such!

Rodry Pol
Rodry Pol

Number of posts : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Elessar Mon May 23, 2011 6:46 am

As he waited in the hallway Elessar allowed his eyes to roam along the closed doors as he wondered if perhaps he had came calling to early. Being up and active in the early hours of the morning was not uncommon for the elf, especially considering his roommate was up long before the moon set, but it had been a long time since he had been around any mortals this early. Of course being a hermit he only had himself to blame there, but that was a story for another day.

While Elessar did not possess the highly sensitive hearing that Armandeus did he did manage to catch a word of two of what Rodry was calling through the door, including that he was allowed to go inside.It also settled his internal debate on whether or not he had disturbed the man so, after carefully shifting the tray to rest across the worn leather bracer that covered his right arm to his elbow, he reached out to turn the knob and open the door.

He was in! Well, far enough in that he could close the door behind him, which is what he did before asking, "Where would you like your tray?"
Elessar
Elessar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodry Pol Mon May 23, 2011 1:03 pm

It wouldn't normally have been 'too early' had Rodry actually awakened when he tended to. It just happened that his early arrival had coincided with Rodry's apparent need to sleep in this day! Unfortunate as it was, he wasn't about to fault the elf for waking him. Early bird gets the worm and all that. The fact that Elessar seemed to not be in command of the same set of senses that most elves shared was a curious one, though Rodry was rather ignorant of the fact!

This early in the morning the only thing he did know was that he wasn't exactly dressed to accept guests, but he doubted that the elf would mind all that much. It wasn't as if Rodry made a habit of dressing provacatively for bed! Once Elessar entered, he could see that the room had been largely left be, even if a large desk had appeared to one side. There was also a low coffee table placed before the couch. Otherwise the inn's furniture was largely as he had found it.

"I don't recall ordering anything ... but the coffee table is fine."

He rubbed his palm over the lower half of his face. Glancing only briefly in the mirror before leaning down to splash some water over his face to help himself wake. Boy was he looking rough these days ... Right hand was reaching for yesterdays gloves, which had been draped over the towel rack, taking only a moment to pull them both on and settle the sleeves so that he was once more comfortably covered. Even if the neck of the nightshirt was a bit looser than he would like.

Out from the bathroom he ventured. The poor replacement for his usual cane was enough to help him out into the living area once more. Where he could get a look at the elf who had seemed it wise to sneak up on a poor old man the night before! Though he wasn't surprised to see that the elf looked as fresh as the morning do, it didn't help his slight annoyance any. Not that it showed ... much.

"My apologies, I wasn't expecting any guests and managed to oversleep to boot."

Offering a faintly disarming grin. The sternness that his aged face leant him really was nothing like Rodry. After all, he was a nice and easy to get along with fellow! It took him a few long moments to manage the walk over to the table which left him sinking gratefully into the arm chair that was pulled up to one side.

"Come sit, sit. Just because you were kind enough to bring me breakfast doesn't mean I'm going to make you stand."

He had also gestured pointedly to the couch opposite him. Hopefully Elessar didn't have any pressing business! Consdiering he was being rather pointedly forced into keepign the old man company!

Rodry Pol
Rodry Pol

Back to top Go down

Post by Elessar Wed May 25, 2011 7:11 am

In this case the early bird was getting the worm delivered on a silver platter! The tray of which the elf was still carrying as he stepped further into the room. As for Elessar and his lack of typical elven senses, well all that he could say there was it wasn't the only one! Once Rodry got to know Elessar he would possibly find it interesting to learn that the elf was quite the oddity indeed compared to the others of his race.

When it came to clothing Elessar paid little mind to it unless it was something truly unusual and even then all it usually warranted was a look. After all, when compared to the day he'd seen his best friend in nothing but a towel Rodry's long dressing gown could be considered perfectly normal! As for the elf himself he was dressed as he normally did in a simple, handmade long sleeved tunic that was green in color and matching leggings.

"All the patrons of the inn are provided with breakfast delivery in the mornings." This came from the elf as he crossed the room to place the tray upon the appointed coffee table. The way the room appeared wasn't a wide mirror from his own - while some of the patrons chose to change their rooms around to suit their needs Elessar's room had not undergone any great transformation save for the adding of Armandeus' bed, therefore Rodry's was hardly given a glance.

Elessar looked as fresh as the morning dew? That was a new one to him! While it was true the elf looked more awake than Rodry did at the moment there was still the look of one who wished they were still asleep in his eyes, pointing out that getting up before the sun just wasn't this elf's cup of tea. Nevertheless this sneaky elf didn't appear to be outwardly harmful! Standing a little over the six foot mark the elf regarded Rodry with clear blue-gray eyes from a fair face save for the faded long scar that twisted downwards from his forehead along the curve of his left eye until it stopped below his chin. "It is not you who should apologize but I for waking you in the first place. I am rather new to the making and delivering of breakfast."

"As you wish," Elessar couldn't help but offer a smile as he moved to sit upon the couch as directed. Fortunately he did not have any pressing business to attend to, and if it got him out of kitchen duty for a while longer, well that was just icing on the cake!
Elessar
Elessar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodry Pol Wed May 25, 2011 1:03 pm

Which was always a plus. Especially when the bird wasn't feeling up to leaving the nest anytime in the early morning. It seemed that Rodry and Elessar were alike in that they weren't up to par with the rest of the inn, no doubt, on the sensitive senses front anyways. There was nothing wrong with being different as long as it didn't give him too much trouble.

Just as Rodry hoped that Elessar wouldn't give him too much trouble about his wardrobe! After all dressing gown, slippers and nightcap made him seem as old as he looked. Elessar made him grin faintly at that revelation. Well that explained a few things.

"I always did wonder why someone seemed to be leaving food outside my door."

In comparison to Rodry, Elessar looked like he had just left a spa. Now that the two of them were sitting, Rodry looked Elessar over curiously. Honestly the scar surprised him more than anything. He had known elves who would wear a veil or mask in order to hide facial scars! He didn't stare, only took in Elessar and his garb. The green tights were a little ... archaic, but he didn't give him a hard time about them! He helped himself to lifting the cover from the tray. Eying the contents before slowly getting back to his feet.

"You slight me. I am not about to eat my breakfast in front of you and not at least share some tea."

Which left him hobbling back to where he had put his own tea set. Plucking out a cup so that they could both partake.

"I am usually up, typically before sunrise. I don't sleep all that much anymore."

He set out his cup and gave Elessar the inn provided one. Pouring each of them a cup. Though at seeing how much food he had been brought. He laughed softly. Shaking his head slowly. It was good that Elessar didn't mind sticking around. He would no doubt get out of kitchen duties for a long visit.

"Brought enough breakfast for the both of us, yet only one cup? Please please. Help yourself. Though I am curious why you felt the need to deliver it personally."

Taking a knife to slice himself a slice of one of the rolls. Halving the ham and fruits that way neither would feel that they were hogging too much of any one thing.

Rodry Pol
Rodry Pol

Back to top Go down

Post by Elessar Sat May 28, 2011 1:47 pm

Elessar would have been intrigued to know that he and Rodry were alike when it came to sensitivities like that. For the most part Elessar's abilities were overshadowed in comparison to Armandeus', who stood in a class of his own, therefore it would have been nice to have someone who was similar to himself.

As for the clothing, if Rodry thought he was old for wearing a dressing gown then just how old did he think the elf was for wearing leggings? If a comparison had to be made Elessar looked to be around his mid-thirties in human years though he was well past that, even in elven years! Nevertheless it was probably a good thing that Rodry didn't mention them and not just because of the age factor. If he had the poor guy would have been subjected to one of Elessar's longer rants on mortal clothing and the reasons of just why he disliked wearing it.

"Nobody told you of the room service when you were checked in?" Elessar was a little surprised, though since he hadn't checked anyone in for quite a while he couldn't be sure if anyone was told of the room service or not. Rodry's curious gaze was met with an equally curious one from Elessar as he settled back against the cushions of the couch with a little smile on his face. "Forgive me but it seems I am not the first of the Eldar you have come across." If he was Elessar would be surprised! Nearly everyone new he'd met had two distinct reactions: staring in awe at his delicate pointed ears, or screaming about what an unnatural creature he was.

As for not covering the scar that trailed down his face, Elessar had covered it at one time. It had been after it had first happened and for several years afterwards actually, but that was a lifetime ago, and after awhile some things just don't seem to matter like they used to.

While Elessar took the proffered cup of tea he was already shaking his head as he watched Rodry halving the ham and fruits on the tray. "I apologize in the face of your generosity but I simply cannot abide the taste of meat." There was another thing Elessar differed from compared to other elves; aside from the occasional rare piece of fish Elessar was otherwise a vegetarian.
Elessar
Elessar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodry Pol Tue May 31, 2011 2:29 pm

Luckily Elessar's secret was safe considering Rodry didn't have any way to know that Elessar was any less gifted than the next elf to wander down the hall. Elessar seemed surprisingly down to earth for an elf, which of course left Rodry wondering just what was up with the fellow. If Elessar expected pity on his choice to wear mortal clothing, he was barking up the wrong tree!

Rodry too was older than he looked, which was saying something. Considering just how rough around the edges he was looking as of late! Thankfully he and Elessar didn't get on the subject of their fashion sense or their prospective ages. Otherwise the two of them might have clucked like old hens for hours.

"Well when I checked in I might have been busy, with a particularly rude tiger anthro, elucidating on the value of respecting other peoples names... so perhaps I missed the mention of room service. At least in that it was included..."

He laughed softly at the memory. Though Elessar seemed to be amused by Rodry's lack of reaction to his being an Elf. It was true that the old races seemed to be far less ... prevalent in Rhy'Din today, in favor for the changelings that were popular in society now.

"Eldar, is this a particular caste, class or culture of the elves? I have had the pleasure to meet many elves in my days and I have found that at times it can be hard to keep up with all of their cultures. Seems like every copse springs up a new one."

Gloved hand lifted his tea cup. The delicate porcelain of his cup meeting the smiling curve of his lips. Hopefully the light-hearted joke he had made about elves wasn't in bad taste. Though Elessar seemed easy going enough to understand that it wasn't meant maliciously. After all, Rodry was being quite civil in sharing his morning repast.

At Elessars warning against meat, he shifted the ham to his portion of the tray, that way it wouldn't interfere with the remainders of the breakfast that he would share. Though it did bring to mind elves that he had once known a great many years ago.

"Perhaps you are a relation to the Sylvan elves, for I am told it is legendary, their respect for life and of the animals in nature. They could speak in the tongue of the songbirds and called the wild cats their friends. They didn't care for the flesh of animals either."

A noble thought, that. Thankfully Rodry had held off on cutting the ham until last in order not to spoil the flavors. Even if he had wiped the knife on the napkin between cuts, he knew some people could be down right zealots when it came to their devotion to their diets!

"Please, do help yourself. I find I do not eat nearly as much as I once did."

Rodry ate in silence, taking a piece of the ham and spreading it on the slice he had previously made from one of the rolls. Nibbling at it slowly, something that put him in a restive state of mind. After all, there was little more pleasant than sharing a meal with friendly company. Even if Rodry had been a bit hard on the Elf for surprising him.

He really needed to stop taking his own frailty out upon others.

Rodry Pol
Rodry Pol

Back to top Go down

Post by Elessar Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:58 am

Unfortunately for Elessar when it came to his distaste over mortal clothing he had yet to find a kindred spirit. Armandeus had no qualms about wearing it and to make matters worse, the rest of his friends claimed Elessar actually looked good in the horrid things!

". . A tiger anthro? I was not aware that Elvellon let creatures such as that wander along the inn, let alone check in the guests. ." Elessar trailed off as raised his cup to take a drink, although the look he was sporting above it said he was clearly confused! Despite going on his fifth year in Rhy'Din Elessar didn't have a clue what an antro was, although he was familiar with the word tiger thanks to all those Earth related nature programs he watched! Needless to say the look Rodry was getting was probably on the rather amusing side!

"I believe Eldar wasn't quite the word for what I intended but you have answered my question nonetheless." The elf chuckled as he lowered the cup again to revel the start of a smile. "Since you are used to elves springing up then perhaps you won't be surprised to learn I am a different one as well. I am of the Sylan race from the realm called Genesis." The smile grew a bit as he leaned forward to carefully pluck a piece of the fruit of his side of the tray. "I appreciate your understanding of my distaste for meat. I have heard tales before of other elven clans that do not partake of meat but the people of my village was not one of them. We ate all that we could grow but we enjoyed the taste of the golden fish that swam through the great river as well. After many long years without , however, I have found the taste of meat does not give me the pleasure it once did."

Popping the piece of fruit in his mouth he settled back as he chewed, a thoughtful look on his face. "It seems you and I are alike in that respect as I do not eat much myself." When you got right down to it birds probably ate more than the elf did considering the elf's idea of breakfast was a glass of milk and a handful of blueberries.

"Have you been at the inn long?" Considering Elessar's reclusive tendencies he was curious to know! Just because this was his second meeting with Rodry it didn't mean the man hadn't been living at the inn for a long time.
Elessar
Elessar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodry Pol Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:37 pm

Well, not to sound crude but Honestly Rodry would say that Elessar looked better in his clothing as well. In comparison to the alternative! Then again, Elessar would probably say the exact same thing about ol' Rodry as well! So he wasn't about to bring anything like that up ...

"Aye. Imagine my suprise that I bumped into an Anthropomorph! He didn't check me in ... merely got my trunk and took it to my room for me. I couldn't quite manage it myself. Epiphany was the one who actually checked me in. I have yet to meet an Elvellon."

Person or race. So he assumed it was a persons name! He felt he might have mislead Elessar in thinking that the anthro had been the one doing the checking in and all of that. He could just imagine how the 'half-breed' would have disrupted the inn from doing a brisk business. Teasing people on their names and such!

"Oh, well that wouldn't suprise me. I have hardly traveled the width and breadth of this wide world So I cannot claim to know each and every race and sub-species."

Flashing a broad grin at that. Rodry found it amusing that Elessar was apparently some new breed of elf he hadn't met before. He always found it a pleasure to meet new beings and people! Though he could only offer a nod at Elessar's thanks. Rodry too had his quirks, so there was no fault that could be brought up in Elessar's behavior!

"Well it's a pleasure to meet one of the Sylan ... I haven't been to Genesis before, is it a large realm? I have to imagine if it holds it's own subraces ..."

Golden fish swimming in a great river ... he had never heard of anything of the like. Though the thought left him curious on it. Perhaps there was something in the fish that had caused Elessar to have such a taste for it? Who was to know. Perhaps one day he would have the chance to try the golden fish that swam through the great river of the Sylan. It was a thought anyways!

"Have you ever considered maybe trying to transplant the fish? I am not sure how large the land the Tel'ranaemyn has access to is, but I am sure the kitchens wouldn't mind having a new ingredient to cook with?"

Perhaps there was a bit of selfish curiosity in that suggestion, but if it was the only meat that Elessar could abide, having a supply would be helpful for him and his diet!

"Oh lords no, Only long enough to just get properly settled in with what I brought. My daughter should be arriving any day now to bring a few more things from home for me to decorate and grow comfortable with ... how about yourself Elessar, how long has the inn been your home?"

Sapphire orbs were quick to flick about the room. It wasn't quite his room just yet!

Rodry Pol
Rodry Pol

Back to top Go down

Post by Elessar Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:34 am

Ah, so an anthro was actually an anthromorph! While Elessar hadn't met the one Rodry was speaking about he suddenly understood what the creature was and for a brief moment he entertained himself thinking of the bar he happened into during his first year in Rhydin that was run by such a creature. There was just something unforgettable about a woman who could pass for a woodland creature had she stood on four legs instead of two . . . Anyway! At the mention of Epiphany's name and not meeting an Elvellon Elessar couldn't help chuckling. "It seems you have met an Elvellon and did not even know it for that is the name I have given Epiphany. In the elvish tongue it means 'elf-friend' and she has been that and more to me since the day she saved me from spending a winter out in the cold."

It wasn't a surprise to Elessar to hear that Rodry hadn't been Genesis considering the fickle time he had getting between the realms, although it did bring up an interesting question on whether or not others not from there could actually travel to Genesis. It was a dangerous thought and if Rodry was watching he would see Elessar's eyes darken as he considered it. If it were possible then it could mean he could gather a search team and storm the prison and, ah, no. As much as it would please him to do so Elessar wouldn't let his friends be in that position no would he risk the life of his betrothed and son in something as risky as a prison break. Which brought him round to Rodry's question of how large the realm was. "I am afraid I do not know the answer for that suffice to say that it seems large to myself. My village was quite small though I recall once hearing that there were as many elves in Genesis as there was villages in the forests. You could not wander far without entering another's territory."

Transplant the fish? While Rodry has surely meant the question seriously it struck Elessar as so absurd he paused cold in his moment to simply stare in disbelief. "I had never considered such a feat . ." For a feat that would indeed be; traveling between the realms was difficult enough for himself, he couldn't imagine trying to bring another living creature through that. "I do not think it would be possible in any case for the fish would probably never survive the journey to this realm. It is a shame for Armandeus could do with something better tasting than the butcher provides."

It may have been a tad selfish on his part but Elessar was secretly pleased to hear that Rodry had not been at the inn for very long. He was finding the man to be quite interesting, and intriguing conversation was something Elessar had not gotten to enjoy for quite some time. "I believe the end of the next month will mark my third year here at this inn if I am correct. I came here with Elv- Epiphany and helped with the creation of this inn."
Elessar
Elessar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodry Pol Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:32 am

Anthropomorph's ... they were a strange creature as a whole. None could spend much time in Rhy'din without bumping into one or a creature that may or may not be considered one. Unfortunately the moniker was stuck on many beings who would probably take off one's arm for calling them such!

Ironic, that. Two fellows speaking of the same person without realizing it.

Rodry couldn't help but give the elf a curious look at his chuckling. If he didn't know better then he would have suspected that he had possibly mispronounced the elven word. Something he doubted, but depending on Elessar's dialect ... ah, so that was it!

"Ah and here I thought you were simply laughing at me over my poorly done elven accent. It is hard for one to meet Epiphany without making friends with her. She is that sort of person."

Meant in all seriousness, even if she could be a bit much for the unprepared soul.

If Elessar was planning on storming Genesis it would probably be wise to study up on the mechanics and rules of traveling to and from the realm before making the journey. Though if the elf had needed soldiers for the force he would have to respectfully decline. While Rodry had many encounters with elves in his day ... storming a fortress wasn't exactly at the top of his plans for things to do.

"Though I must ask, an elf of all mythical beings shouldn't have trouble finding a benefactor in Rhy'Din. Why were you without a place to stay?"

Though, if Elessar were as eloquent a negotiator as some of his people, he could probably tempt Rodry into at least helping work out the logistics of such an incursion... especially if he knew that the elf was in such a difficult position as he was! Rodry picked at his meal a bit more, but eventually abandoned it in favor of the hot tea that so soothed his throat.

Wonder what that was about ...

Having caught that almost haunted look to the elves eyes as he thought over the chances of breaking someone out of the prison, yet his words were in contradiction with what he had said. Strange, very strange. A firm nod given in thought on that, numerous tribes in a huge forest. Sounded like it was highly populated. He was glad to see that the dark look crossing his face seemed to have abated. After all, it hadn't been his intention to have caused him troubled thoughts!

Rodry was soon tipping more tea for himself, mildly surprised that the idea hadn't crossed the elf's mind before. Considering he seemed so very fond of the fish.

"Well, one could always try transporting the eggs alone if you wanted to try ... or even just a simple summoning charm that could be applied to the fish themselves I am sure you could speak with one of your native brethren to get things worked out."

It seemed that Elessar's interesting new companion had a knack for figuring out problems and coming up with quick solutions. A skill that he once prided himself upon in his younger days. It had been the cause of ... much of his attitude.

"Three years... that is only a short time for your people, is it not? Though I can imagine that you could see many more years here before growing tired of it."

Humans had a knack for changing things up enough that one could never truly get comfortable with things long enough to grow tired of them! Yet the news that Epiphany as well as Elessar had built up this inn and prepared it for others.

"I guess then I owe you and Epiphany both a thank you for providing the rest of us with a place to hang our heads."

Once more hiding behind his tea cup, to observe as well as listen to what Elessar had to say. The elf was proving that he was more than he displayed to others on the outside, that much had been apparent in his body language!

Rodry Pol
Rodry Pol

Back to top Go down

Post by Elessar Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:27 am

There were far too many different species of creatures in Rhy'Din if you asked Elessar's opinion, but that was a rant for another time because had he just insulted Rodry without realizing it? "I would never laugh at another attempting to speak elvish. I am sorry if it seemed such." Elessar shook his head; when it came to the art of language he had no room to speak because after three years he was still learning words in the common tongue!

"Epiphany is one mortal of a million . . and I thank Eru for that!" Was that a joke? Behind his teacup the elf was smiling as he entertained himself with the remote possibility of having two Epiphany's running loose! "I am privileged to call her my friend."

While the thought of storming the prison had crossed his mind before deep down Elessar knew the actuality of it ever happening was next to nil. For starters the prison was at least quadruple the size of the inn, if not bigger, and was filled with more guards than actual prisoners. To even get within the energy barrier that surrounded the building would take an army of great skill, something which Elessar was surely lacking in. If truth be told, Elessar didn't think he could even find a group of people that would be willing to go with him on such a dangerous trip. Armandeus already refused to go back to Genesis and aside from Epiphany, with whom he might have a chance of going, Elessar found himself lacking in well, lackeys. Ah, the bountiful benefits of being a hermit!

There were benefactors for mythical beings in Rhy'Din? Where!? Where!? All joking aside, the look Elessar was currently giving Rodry was one of contemplation as he thought of an answer to his question. There was always the obvious answer of the truth, however . . . Taking a long drink from his cup, he made his decision. "Let us simply say my arrival here was unplanned. You speak of benefactors for one such as me but there were none to be found in the depth of winter for two elves who were injured and ill and wrapped in chains." Elessar fell silent, his clear eyes suddenly finding his nearly empty cup to be quite fascinating for the moment.

"Three years is but a drop in a pool to me and yet I find at times it flies as fast as the birds of the sky and at others it seems to drag for an eternity. The change is so constant I fear I will never tire of it because there will always be something new to catch my interest." He lifted his head, a small smile playing on his face. "It is Epiphany who you should be thanking for it truly was her idea and persistence that has made this inn the way it is."

As for Rodry's observance of Elessar, he was sure to see that there was more to the elf than met the eye! While the dark look had faded from his eyes a shadow still lingered as he finished the rest of his tea.
Elessar
Elessar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodry Pol Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:23 pm

Well that was one of those reasons that Rhy'Din was hailed as the greatest mixing pot ever known. Though the fact that one may encounter some exotic new species, then never encounter another like them again ... could be quite peculiar. It seemed that Rodry and Elessar would have many interesting conversations in their future if either of them broached their thoughts to the other! Rodry had simply assumed it had been his verbal faux pas that had proved amusing, though after he had explained what the elvish word had meant, the thought of offense had passed!

"What, surely you don't find Epiphany overwhelming, I admit she can be a bit ... intense for some ..."

A brief sip of tea after that.

"... However I find that her heart is in the right place, regardless of her unorthodox behavior and antics. One must admire her for the devotion she has towards living her life to the fullest, don't you think?"

A firm nod of agreement was given, for he too counted Epiphany as a friend. Which he was sure wouldn't be a short list if they ever cared to collect a census on those who could claim such, she was just that sort of person.

Elessar would never know just who he might be able to count on, if he never attempted to try and check! Who knew, it wasn't as if the inn didn't have it's fighters and warriors about. There were plenty of people in Rhy'Din who would no doubt offer their services as mercenaries at the right price ...

Rodry was well aware that there were unsavory characters in the lands of Rhy'din and those bordering. It was just a fact of life despite what many did to try and prevent such. Yet when Elessar went on, to explain his arrival even if it were in bare bones detail, left the elderly looking fellows face tightening faintly, the line of his jaw shifting slightly as if he were chewing something that was leaving a bad taste in his mouth. He spent long moments just digesting that little tidbit, before letting a slow breath free from his nostrils. The sigh tailed by the pot being lifted, offering another cup of tea to Elessar if he would care for it.

"Regardless of how you managed to find yourself in bondage ... it is distressing that none would take the time to help you. Though you are lucky it was Epiphany and not a member of Rhy'Din's slave trade who chose to assist you."

Or someone who just chose to keep a couple of elves for themselves. There were weirder things around this land than collections of beings...

He simply shook his head at the thought. Though it did of course explain the fact that he had given Epiphany a nickname... something that Rodry had never been particularly good at in all honesty. It was helpful that he could at least relate with Elessar in that respect.

"The changes keep things exciting. For a long lived race humans can be a true boon. Something that few are willing to admit. It is refreshing to see that you are so very enlightened."

A bright grin given at this, he really did look cheered by the discovery. After all it meant that Elessar would prove to be quite well adjusted to the world, despite whatever it had been that he hadn't shared that was so plaguing his mind. It was most curious, especially to Rodry. He couldn't abide an unsolved riddle ...

"I shall be sure to thank her when next I see her."

In this land, it was rare when something could be taken at face value. Rodry and Elessar both seemed to have something within them that was hidden, which would rarely come to light. Due to both Rodry's naturally secretive nature and Elessar's apparent hermits tendencies!

During their conversation, they had gradually cleared the platter. Which left Rodry's gloved fingers rubbing the crumbs free of their tips onto the empty platter. A matter of ancient habit that he had yet to break himself of. Tongue brushed his lips briefly seeming thoughtful a moment.

"This may be forward of me Elessar, however, you seem to have something on your mind. I can't help but what could be weighing so very heavily upon your mind so early in the morning."

Freeing Elessar of any reluctance he might have felt towards perhaps conversing and unloading on what it was that was making him seem so very dour, even if the elf did a passable job avoiding making it ... overly ... obvious.
Rodry Pol
Rodry Pol

Back to top Go down

Post by Elessar Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:01 am

"Overwhelming, confusing, astounding, intoxicating, comforting. . ." When it came to Epiphany Elessar had a myriad of words to describe her but the smile that was playing over his face proved there was no underlying malice behind his words. "I do admire her," Elessar matched Rodry's nod with a firm one of his own. "Her strength, her compassion, as I said before I have found her to be one among a million."

Elessar's head may have been bowed but he could still see the faint look of revulsion that crossed over the man's face when he rushed through his tale. He couldn't blame Rodry for despite the years that had passed the memory still sat like a chunk of lead in his stomach whenever he tried recalling it. Which was only one of the reasons Rodry had gotten the fast, un-detailed version. "I do not believe I would be here if it wasn't for Epiphany. Much of that time has been lost to me due to the poisons that ran through my body at that time but I remember she was the first female mortal I had laid eyes on here and the first truly friendly face I had seen."

At the mention of Rhy'Din's slave trade Elessar visibly shuddered as he recalled a man who called a simple closet a room and had very nearly captured the elves for himself if it hadn't been for Armandeus' abilities. It had been far too close for comfort.

Thankfully the topic was changed before he could let himself dwell too deeply on that subject and he found himself nearly chuckling at Rodry despite himself as he extended his cup out for some more tea. "Is that what they call it, enlightened? I thought it was mere curiosity! I cannot help but find this realm to be extraordinary for everywhere I look there is something new be it the strange fruits they sell in the marketplace or even the creatures that sell it." For all the darkness that appeared to lurk in the elf Rodry would probably be surprised to find that Elessar had a curious streak wide enough to rival a cat's.

Cue the screeching breaks! So much for Elessar's silent hope that he was doing a good job at hiding what was bothering him! For a brief moment Rodry would get a good look at the underlying emotions of shock, grief, and rage as they ran the gamut of Elessar's face before falling back behind the mask of which they came. What was he to do? The temptation was there to shove it back under the rug and declare that 'all was well' though from their visit so far Elessar didn't think that bird was going to fly. Which left the truth, something that only two other people in the entire realm knew. Letting out a sigh, the elf looked down at his hands, watching as he slowly turned his teacup within them. "I was thinking of my home, and of the companion and son I was forced to leave behind."
Elessar
Elessar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodry Pol Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:41 pm

Elessar's spiel, going on with so many wonderful adjectives to describe Epiphany left Rodry raising one brow slowly. The way that he spoke of her seemed to raise her upon a pedestal, something that he wasn't sure if Epiphany would personally approve of or not considering she seemed so very down to earth when it came to things about herself!

"I can tell that you admire her."

Was that some sort of disapproval in his tone? Well that certainly seemed out of place. Yet Rodry's face remained relatively serene. Until it had been asked to accept the thought of Elessar having been trapped in chains. Rodry had experienced a certain ... bondage previously. Though it was most certainly in a different sense. The chains that had held him had not been made of iron.

"The poisons affected your mind? It would take a truly heinous hand to attempt to ruin ones mind as well as their body... she has a kindness in her heart that I have rarely seen matched."

While the topic change would be brief, for Rodry had sensed that deeper disturbance in Elessar's mood, he allowed the elf to at least lighten his mind before he would go in for the proverbial kill. He had tipped the kettle to give the elf his second helping of the tea. They wold have to be sure to spend another morning or afternoon sometime over a light meal to talk more. Rodry was honestly surprised to find himself enjoying the elf's company, considering his apparent claim of hermitage!

"Depending upon which of the long lived races you ask and their personal beliefs. You may be considered enlightened or mad. I find it amusing that the thought of mingling with humans is so intimidating to some. Fearing that they will dilute themselves if they do so."

Ah yes, the variety of goods that were constantly at ones fingertips with human trade was a wonderful thing. Which Elessar seemed quite taken with. Though he was missing half a world of flavors due to his distaste of all meats not coming from Genesis.

So he hadn't imagined it. Rodry's 'keen' blade of intellect had spotted the space that Elessar had presented and thrust deep. Better to lance the poisonous growth than to allow it to fester still further, now that Elessar had been reminded of it due to Rodry's own curiosity.

There was no hurrying or prompting while Elessar's features tried to regain their composure. The old man who was seated across from him did not judge him on having withheld such troubles. Merely waited for him to come to terms and decide how he would either tell Rodry to mind his own damned business or to share his thoughts. It seemed that there was something particular to Rodry that drew others to make him privy to such special things. An unusual quality, that.

"... You spoke of Genesis as if you could go back when you please. Perhaps I didn't follow you properly? Though I am surprised to hear that you have a son. You look barely old enough to be out of your mothers household, let alone to start one of your own. I assure you I do not mean offense."

He knew that many elven cultures were matriarchal, though perhaps Elessars people were not?

After all, he couldn't imagine what would have caused Elessar to sound so longing when his previous words had made it seem like travel to his homelands would not be impossible. What was to keep him from visiting his family?

Rodry Pol
Rodry Pol

Back to top Go down

Post by Elessar Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:57 am

The truth of whether or not Elessar had raised Epiphany upon a pedestal was destined to remain a mystery because the elf was not commenting. "It is the truth." Said simply, and in Elessar's opinion ended that topic of conversation for the time being. Did he catch the way his words had made Rodry's brow raise and cause the hints of disapproval in his voice? Possibly, although it did nothing to sway the matter of fact look upon his face.

"It was a heinous hand to create such a poison and formulate it specifically for the unique design of the elven body but it was regrettable hands that fed it to us." The look of his eyes changed then, seeming to look beyond the walls of the room and Rodry in front of him as he lost himself in the memory. "Why would some fear dilution from mingling with humans?" The strange look in Elessar's eye had faded, leaving him blinking in confusion at this new tidbit of information. "I have not seen anything from the humans to suggest such happening."

As for missing out on half the flavors due to his dislike of Rhy'Din's meat selection Elessar more than made up for it with his interest of the different fruits and vegetables. Currently his tastes lay with a small, round purple fruit with a sweet and sour taste to it.

"It is not the journey to Genesis which is hazardous but the time after my arrival." The refilled cup was pulled back and raised as he took a drink. "In the days of my youth the land was safe for elves to traverse as they please but now darkness reigns the world and plagues you with every step. I could return if I wish, but I would not get far before being captured again." That was no exaggeration either - Elessar and the scout who'd forced him back to Genesis the last time had barely gone 100 yards into the forest before coming across the search teams. As for being too young to start a family, it was all Elessar could do not to stare open jawed at Rodry like he'd grown two heads or something. It was true that he had an ageless look about him being an elf, but surely he looked old enough to start a family! "I am not offended but confused. In my culture I have been considered an adult for some time but isn't it commonplace to have children while young?" Besides, if he thought Elessar looked young then he would surely be surprised to learn that Elessar's companion was much younger than he was!
Elessar
Elessar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodry Pol Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:58 pm

Rodry wasn't about to try and peruse the elfs mind on just who he had so crossed that he had earned such a poisoning. For in all honesty, Rodry wasn't one for poisoning, even for the worst of his enemies. The round about and less than honorable way of eliminating ones enemies without a fight wasn't for his stomach! He slowly leaned back in his chair, sipping quietly from his teacup while he mused over the idea of someone having designed a poison designed to harm elves. It seemed awfully specific. It almost made old Rodry want to ask what it was that Elessar had done to so anger someone who shouldn't have been crossed!

"We can be thankful that you haven't had the misfortune to once more draw this enemies eye then."

Though he thought that his comment on humans and their singular ability to sway others into their way of life and their habits, seemed to make Rodry smile. It was a bit of a curious ignorance on the elves part, as he saw it!

"Are you saying that you have never seen yourself adopting a human mannerism or habit? Never have you coveted the soft yielding flesh of a human woman ... or man?"

The latter had been added with a curious raise of his brow. The ledger did say that Elessar shared a room with Armandeus! Though it hadn't occured to Rodry previously that there might be a particular reason! Yet he didn't judge, didn't give Elessar a dirty look or anything of that sort with the question. He knew that some could be a bit ... peculiar in their tastes!

What was even more curious about that thought was that the Elves had allowed darkness to encroach upon their lands. In Rodry's experience the only thing that elves had worshipped more strongly than the purity of nature was the goodness and the light in the world! It seemed that Elessar's people, The Sylan, may have had more difference to the elves of Rodry's experience than simularities!

"Surely your people know how to fight? It shouldn't be too hard to find yourself a few capable fighters to help and discourage anyone trying to capture you."

So it had been an elf that had shackled and poisoned them, that was most curious in itself! Yet once again it seemed that Rodry had made some mistake in his words. It had been sometime since he had last spent time in a conversation with quite so many verbal pitfalls! Elessar's look had him giving a brief apologetic smile as he spoke. Simply shaking his head.

"I am learning that what signals I picked up from learning about elves in my experience may not be ... exactly accurate when dealing with one of the Sylan."

A low little laugh given at that! Even if his later words had him wearing a knowing smile. His words followed by him hiding that grin behind his tea cup!

"Yes ... it's common enough. In humans anyways."

Rodry Pol
Rodry Pol

Back to top Go down

Post by Elessar Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:08 am

What had Elessar done to anger someone who wanted to harm elves? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Even though his initial captivity had happened years ago, and he'd dedicated more years to trying to forget it, Elessar couldn't help but wonder at times if he was a victim of circumstance - of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Still, he could nod in agreement that, for now, it seemed he was safe from his former captor's eye.

"I must admit to picking up some of their language." Though given Elessar's bad habit of butchering whatever word or phrase he'd learned 'picked up' probably wasn't the best term for it! The second question had brought out a bit of a devious, and rather guilty, grin from the elf despite his best attempts at hiding it behind that teacup of his! "In my defense she was half elvish. . . although I will leave the soft yielding flesh of man to someone else."

It was true that elves worshiped the goodness and light of the world above all else, but sometimes darkness could encroach unseen amongst it. "My people were growers of the land. They knew the techniques, yes, but they were not what you would call great warriors. My people were peaceful so when the humans began moving onto our lands my father and the other village elders let them in the namesake of peace. It was their hope that there could be peace between our two races but it by the time the harvest came up short it was already too late, we were far outnumbered. Looking back, there is no one to blame but ourselves for believing such a foolish thing as peace with a species that sought to extinguish ours.” There was a tone of sadness to Elessar’s words with a dash of anger mixed in as he lowered the cup away from his face. “Nevertheless that was the beginning of the end for my village as my people fought and failed. I would give you more details had I have them, but by that time I was already gone from there and the rest is lost to history.”

“Perhaps not all races of elves are created the same?” It was Elessar’s turn to give Rodry a curious look now with one eyebrow raised. “It hardly seems fair in any case unless you would wish me to gauge all humans by those who destroyed my lands? Or perhaps the ones like the tavern owner on the far side of Rhy’Din who wished to cut my ears off as a trophy? On that note, from what I have witnessed of these elven races in this realm, I am grateful I am not one of them.”

“You mentioned your daughter was coming here to visit?” That’s right, time to switch the gears before poor Rodry ended up being on the receiving end of Elessar’s rants of just why he wasn’t particularly enamored with Rhy’Din’s elven population. Besides, after being told he looked too young to be having children Elessar couldn’t help being curious about Rodry’s!
Elessar
Elessar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodry Pol Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:03 pm

Ah there was a catch twenty-two if there ever was one. For being a victim of circumstance was most unfortunate ... but if Elessar had not been a victim then most likely he would still be savoring the flesh of the golden fish of the river and spending time with his loved ones in Genesis! Just as he would never have known Epiphany or Rodry Pol!

"That is precisely the sort of thing that the mythic races seem to worry over when dealing with humans. That ... subtle way that they worm into your thinking and behaviors without realizing."

Whether that be through Elessar's picking and plucking of phrases or some other sort of change being made to the non-humans. A little xenophobia could usually be considered healthy when humans had a tendency to breed as quickly as they did! Rodry couldn't help but find the guiltiness of Elessar's look amusing! Even if his argument in his defense left him giving a low chuckle and setting tea-cup and saucer down.

"I suppose that could be considered dabbling, depending on how conservative your people are. Though I must say, if you had claimed a hunger for the flesh of man, I was going to excuse myself to fetch something a little more appropriate to wear."

Speaking of course on his dressing gown. Yet the thought of his clothing was little in comparison to the attention that he paid Elessar as he began to speak upon the elves and their natural way of living. It was hardly an uncommon mistake. How often in history had the peaceful hunter-gathering society been invaded by their neighbors for what they had and their land. Though in all honesty, he found it a bit difficult not to grimace at the mention that it had been humans who had so horribly mistreated Elessar's people. Yet should it be surprising that the humans of Genesis weren't all that different from the humans of Earth and Rhy'din?

"Humans don't tend to realize what they have in allies or even the natural world until after they are lost. I'm sorry to know that your people had so much trouble with the humans you were kind to. It is a shame that such has happened so often in history."

"That would be good to know, even if humans seemed to be cut from the same cloth between here and Genesis. I think that even if they are the same, that you seem to be a special case."

Gloved hand coming up to scratch briefly at his scalp. Though it was his turn to look a bit guilty of that. For Rodry could be accused of being a bit of a ... racist in some ways. He had never particularly liked elves other than a few that he had gotten to know well. Perhaps that had been why he had bitten off Elessar's proverbial head for sneaking up on him! Oh he could only wonder which tavern keeper it had been who had thought to chop off an elves ears.

"Well I will certainly not think to chop off your ears. At least not without good reason. Though I must say that I can agree with you there, at least in some respects. About you not being a Rhy'Dinian native Elf."

From the gamut of their conversation subjects so far, it was hard to imagine that they wouldn't eventually get to the subject of Elessar's rants, though it seemed that he had successfully switched the track of the conversation with the mention of his daughter. Elessar could see the wry, pleased grin at the thought that she would be here soon enough! Though it had hardly been long, especially in his grasp of the passage of time, he found himself to be looking forward to her visit immensely!

"Yes! Aurora, my youngest by a handful of time. She writes me daily to update me on things and told me that she had gathered up the things from my home I wanted to decorate my room with so she should be here any day. I'm looking forward to speaking with her since I have had more time to explore this place than I suspect her or my Son spent examining it before shooing me here."

Though there was a smile in his words, that made it clear that 'shooing' might not have been accurate. Though what did one expect from an old man talking about his children?

Rodry Pol
Rodry Pol

Back to top Go down

Post by Elessar Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:37 am

The possibilities of being a victim of circumstance were endless. If he had not been a victim then the odds were he would have never met Armandeus, never escaped to Rhy'Din, and in turn never met the woman he called his companion. It just went to prove that some times good things could come out of bad situations.

Dabbling was a cute word for a relationship that had been the trigger point of the war between his people and the mortals and had wound up with Elessar being exiled from his village, but alas, that was a story for another time. "It was not a welcomed union for either side, but I have never regretted it. I would like to believe she did not as well." While Elessar was willing to believe his late love didn't regret their time together it was something he had never been one hundred percent sure about, no matter how many times he replayed the memories over in his head. Though considering what their relationship had brought about, he really couldn't have blamed her if she had regretted it there in the end.

"I could step out if you wished to change." Elessar may not have held an interest in men but he certainly wouldn't deprive Rodry if he wanted to change into something more comfortable! "I had thought that perhaps the humans of this realm would be different from that of my own, but I was saddened to learn that, save for a handful, there truly wasn't much differences between them." That historic channel Elessar had grown fond of was giving him quite the education into Rhy'Din's history!

Elessar could forgive the man for biting off his head, even if he didn't truly know the reasoning behind it. "While I am pleased that you would not seek to chop off my ears I will have to disagree for there ever being a good reason for it!" Was it that obvious he wasn't a native Rhy'Din elf?

As he listened to Rodry speaking of his daughter Elessar couldn't help but smile. "It seems you are excited for her arrival." A bit of an understatement there, but a true one nevertheless. "Shooing you here? You did not come here to stay of your own will?" A curious look was given at that - Elessar couldn't imagine anyone sending their parents off to stay at an inn!
Elessar
Elessar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodry Pol Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:01 pm

It was unfortunate that the opposite was also true at times! How often did good situations end up bringing up things that turned out to be poor choices or bad for oneself in the long run?

Well if Rodry had known he would have used a word that was far more appropriate for a catalyst of war! Arranged marriage or ... union or not, often times those things did eventually develop into love. At least when the people are 'right' for one another. Though considering there were no regrets on his part, he didn't choose to offer his condolences for the situation!

"Oh no, it is quite alright. I just feel it would be cruel of me to remain dressed so. As I imagine you would feel if I were an elf maiden scantily clad but refusing your attentions?"

Maybe Elessar would understand how he understood that, hopefully he wouldn't actually imagine a nude Rodry with pointed ears giving him any come hither looks! Unfortunately that was probably one of those images that would truly scar a friendship!

"Come now Elessar, surely you can think of one fair reason. Elven Ears are said to be a delicacy to an Ogre. Couldn't you oblige a good friend perhaps just a nibble if they were to ask quite nicely?"

Imagining an ogre chewing on one's ear was hardly a pleasant thought to begin with!

"Yes of course I am. It has only been a short while since we last saw one another ... but it will be nice to spend some time with her. My son seems to be quite busy at the moment...."

Brief grin brightening his wrinkled face at that.

"Well ... yes I did but at the same time I didn't. I mean I wasn't put here but I was content staying at home and whiling away my last years in privacy. While my children thought it would be best for me to venture back out into the world rather than letting myself simply lounge around and be waiting to die."

One couldn't really fault Rodry for having a cheery outlook, now could they? He certainly didn't look like he was halfway into the grave just yet, even if it was apparent that he was getting old. Though ... he was considerably worse off when he had arrived than he was now!

"They felt it would be better for me to come and enjoy myself instead of living and looking back upon my past and grumbling about the cruelties of life and mortality. You know how children can be. They can't seem to accept that their old man is ... well. Getting old."

Rodry Pol
Rodry Pol

Back to top Go down

Post by Elessar Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:49 am

Rodry had no need to fear from Elessar imagining him naked because he was too caught up in imagining that scantily clad elf maiden! Considering how long it'd been since he'd seen one . . . well, a guy could dream, couldn't he?

A cough, a not-so-innocent grin, and wait, what was that about an ogre chewing on his ears? Any fantasy thoughts Elessar may have been having about nearly naked elven maidens with luscious curves and dark colored hair faded away with the arching of an eyebrow up his forehead. "Friend or no there shall be no nibbling on my ears unless there's dinner and a bottle of wine beforehand!" There was a note of confidence in his voice because, to be honest, Elessar just couldn't picture Rodry plying him with dinner and wine let alone trying to nibble on his ears!

As Rodry spoke of why he had came to be at the inn Elessar couldn't help but think of his own father. While he had not gotten to see his father grow to be ravaged with age he could share in the sentiment that he had not wished to see it happen. Nor had he wished to see his father die although in a way he had gotten that wish since he had not been present when it happened, still . . . "It seems a natural wish of the youth to not see their parents grow old with age. I can relate in I felt the same once as well."

"I should be leaving soon," Said as he leaned forward to place his empty teacup back onto the tray. "Before Armandeus decides to come looking for me to continue on with these infernal cooking lessons of his." Though if Elessar had a say in matters he would happily stay and chat awhile longer! Could Rodry tell he wasn't exactly thrilled about going back to the kitchen?
Elessar
Elessar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodry Pol Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:47 pm

Well it seemed that they were getting into some pretty risque territory here. With Elessar day dreaming about some luscious elf maid he coveted. All while Rodry was having an innocent little conversation about the tastiness of a properly fried elf ear! Elessar's abrupt change of features at the sudden shift from scantily clad elven maidens to a hungry ogre, left Rodry giving a low chuckle!

"I hope I didn't spoil your reverie too abruptly my friend! Though thank you for the tip, I shall be sure to file it away in case I ever bump into any scantily clad elven maidens for you, hm?"

No no, Rodry was not disposed towards men in that manner in even a passing way. To his instinctual urges, a man would hold no allure for it would never even chance to gift him with a half-breed child. Perfect example of evolutionary bias!

"On top of that, I feel that the two of them might have known there were people I was once friends with here. I certainly wouldn't put it past the two of them ..."

There Rodry went, monologuing his way through the conversation without realizing poor Elessar was reflecting upon the passing of his own father. Death was a constant that was not likely to be defeated anytime soon. That was for sure!

"I am not arguing the validity of their reasoning. Perhaps that is why so many beings tend not to be so very hands on in their raising techniques? It saves their young from the troubles."

At least of seeing their elders grow old and die eventually. When Elessar explained that he should be going, Rodry only nodded before rising slowly to his feet. Cane pressed to the floor to assist him upwards. He could understand needing to return to ones responsibilities.

"I apologize for keeping you so long. It would be a crime to keep you from your cooking lessons."

Joking with poor Elessar considering just how ... excited he seemed to be to get back to his cooking lessons! Though that was another new tidbit for him! He offered Elessar a hand for a shake even while he was picking up the teacup he had taken from his cabinet so they could both enjoy.

"Though if you are ever looking for distraction or someplace to hide from the Chef if you feel like ducking a lesson. Feel free to stop by. I've enjoyed your company."

Spoken quite honestly. He had been quite surprised by how much his breakfast with Elessar had proved quite a pleasant experience!

Rodry Pol
Rodry Pol

Back to top Go down

Post by Elessar Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:08 am

Now this was the stuff a good friendship was built on - one guy fantasizing about barely dressed women and the other fantasizing on the best way to fry the first guy's ears! At Rodry's chuckling Elessar shot him a baleful glare - how would he like it if he'd done it to him!?- but it couldn't last because the elf was getting in a snicker or two of his own! For as standoffish as he could seem it couldn't be said that Elessar couldn't enjoy a joke at his own expense every once in a while.

Elessar could agree with having no allure for men though it was not necessarily only because a half-breed child wouldn't come from it. While Elessar didn't seem himself a racist having a half-bred child wasn't something he was striving for.

"You knew some of the patrons here previously?" It was intriguing to Elessar simply because even with his limited experience it seemed as if the inn had something about it that caused people to come in contact with others they had known previously. There had been a few that he himself had known from his days at the Alliance.

While in his youth Elessar had not quite grasped the concept that immortality meant never dying; it had only struck home with the news that his father had been killed in the resulting war between the races. "I do not know of the techniques of the other villages but mine tended to be 'hands on' as you say in raising the young. Nearly all my lessons were taught at home."

From the look Elessar was giving Rodry he could tell he hadn't found the 'joke' to be very funny! "There's no need to apologize. I doubt they have not missed me overly much, things . . tend to go smoother when I am not there." That could be a scary admission to just what came out of Elessar's cooking lessons - perhaps it would be safer to start asking who made what before eating it! Transferring the tray to his other hand Elessar grasped Rodry's for a shake and even offered up a grin too. "I'll keep that in mind! I have enjoyed your company as well."

Elessar would take him up on the offer too - this morning had turned out to be a pleasant surprise even if there were references to chewing on his ears thrown in there! Still grinning the elf headed for the door and back to the kitchen for his lesson.
Elessar
Elessar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next