Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

I'll gladly pay you Wednesday for a drink. Right now.

5 posters

Go down

I'll gladly pay you Wednesday for a drink. Right now. Empty I'll gladly pay you Wednesday for a drink. Right now.

Post by Gawain Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:26 am

Well, this had been a long night. Of course, what night this time of the month wasn't? At least the farmers around these parts were more understanding, and didn't take offense or call all of his friends who owned stock in Torches -n- Pitchforks, LLC, to chase him.

They were always stringy, and tasted like poodoo. Anyway....

He meandered in, still dressed in the clothes he had been wearing when he visited Madeline in the garden, and sat down at the bar. "Barkeep..would you mind making me a drink?" The minutes flew by as Gawain, smiling slightly, detailed how to make his patented Hair of the Direwolf. He was thinking about, of all things, reopening the Wolf's Head, his old tavern, but he didn't have a clue as to where he'd put it, let alone if the old one was still standing, when he realized why he was thinking about old times. The scents in the room....he had pegged at least a score of people who had, through some fashion, found their way directly from his past, not to mention the Blood Rose and Twelve Moons, into his present. Hopefully future as well.

Thirty minutes later!

Gawain was well into his cups, seated on top of the bar, telling a rather ribald joke, when he realized what he was doing. Ah well, why not give 'em the punchline? "The last one to speak up was the English farmer, who said 'Bloody hell, I wish it was dark!' He snickered, gulping the last of the liquid from his glass, and winked at them all as he sort of fluidly wilted onto the floor.

"Tell that Gawain jerk he owesh me fifty bucks. He bet me I wouldn't tell that shtory..."
Gawain
Gawain

Number of posts : 376

Back to top Go down

I'll gladly pay you Wednesday for a drink. Right now. Empty Re: I'll gladly pay you Wednesday for a drink. Right now.

Post by Guest Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:52 am

Leviathan came back in from outside, alone. Tasha had not wanted to come back in. She had stayed in her panther form and had taken off again. Leviathan was going to head up to bed when she smelt Gawain. She changed directions and headed to the bar. There was Gawain in a puddle on the floor. She walked over and licked his face before laying down beside him. She let out an exasperated breath as she placed her head upon the floor between her front paws. Gawain smelt like chicken again.

Back to top Go down

I'll gladly pay you Wednesday for a drink. Right now. Empty Re: I'll gladly pay you Wednesday for a drink. Right now.

Post by Arcadia Caughey Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:47 am

Speaking of pegging scents. . .

When she had walked by this establishment days before, she caught the distinct scent of her good friend Donald Blake lingering in the air. But when Madeline had asked her who her friend was that she believed to be dwelling here, Arcadia didn't disclose the name because she wanted to give Donald a wee surprise.

At least that was the plan. When she entered the Tel'Ranaemyn and came face to face with sight of a man who even when limp was undeniably familiar, her sigh said only one thing: change of plan. And there it came, the pursed lips that were just another one of Arcadia's stuffy habits which had Fallon calling her a librarian. Purse of the lips, shake of the head, and...

A pause. Had she not been so shocked at the sight of Gawain of all people there on the floor, she would have noticed the second scent, heartbeat and most obviously the sight of the large animal sooner. She pressed her lips tightly, and drew herself up a bit taller. Animals. They were her brother's kindred spirits, not hers. It wasn't that she feared them, or wished to treat them with any disrespect...she just could not help but keep her distance, whenever possible. Because she simply didn't know how to relate to them.

As it was, she had to say something to the creature before she approached. A wee clear of her throat, and she offered in her reserved, controlled brogue, "That's an old friend o' mine, he is, and I'm a healer. So m' just goin' t' rouse him and see if he's alright, aye?" It couldn't hurt to let the creature know of her plan, even if it didn't understand her in the least.

That said, she made slow approach. Not because of the animal, but because of the other animal - Gawain. If he came to suddenly she didn't want to scare the sins and secrets out of him. Was he entirely out cold, or only half gone? She soundlessly knelt by his side, violet eyes looking him over. Into her worn, old cotton bag her hand slipped, and she felt around until fingers graced the bottle she was looking for. Each of her bottles had a different size, shape and texture to them, so that she could find them without having to look into her bag. It was just more efficient that way.

The small green rectangular vial was uncorked, and held under his nose for a count of three before the bottle was corked again. Her own blend of smelling salts. There was nothing like a nice blend of rank odors and membrane irritants to 'raise ones spirits'. Her mixture was a bit less chemistry than the traditional kind - no ammonia - and a bit more eco-friendly. But that didn't mean it was any less talented at doing the trick.

Rise and shine, Gawain?
Arcadia Caughey
Arcadia Caughey

Number of posts : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:07 am

Maddie had been happy her talk with her Dad had went well. Better than she had hoped actually. She made her way back to the bar when she saw her Dad laying on the floor. There was Arcadia and Leviathan there with him. She nodded to them both as she knelt down beside Leviathan.

" Dad!! OH bloody hell. Come on Dad wake up, if you don't I'm gonna tell Airtia what you've been doing."
She knew if that didn't work, he was seriously injured, and could proceed from there.

Last edited by Madeline Cauthon on Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:37 am; edited 2 times in total
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Number of posts : 1173

http://madelinecauthon.webstarts.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyrus Silverling Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:15 am

Interesting how the human, among other creatures, senses worked?

It had been several weeks since Cyrus had accidently found his way to the Tel'Ranaemyn with Fallon. A completely unintentional, near impossible find based on ridiculously, horribly inaccurate directions of a supposed short cut. His own doing, of course. But that once in a life time midjudgement had guided him back to some old friends, along with several new friends, and that was only the beginning.

The timing of his visit was priceless. Cyrus stepped his way into the building with a slow pace, left hand scratching away at the back of his head with a yawn escaping out of his mouth. It had been a slow night so far and with a simple turn of his head there came a slight tilt of the eyebrow, the hand dropping into his pant pocket as he moved a bit closer to it all.

A look was given to the creature, briefly, before he moved up behind Arcadia with that flashy grin of his. "Looks like you've got your hands full." The words escaped from his lips jokingly, free hand momentarily dropping onto her shoulder and giving a subtle squeeze, though.. he then stepped back to let her do her handle business.

As a complete sidenote thought? He hadn't seen Gawain in god knows how many years, though.. it was pretty classic moment to walk in with his old friend on the floor.. in what was more than likely an inebbriated state of being. Priceless. Oh, and Madeline had shown up out of the blue as well. Apparently, this night wasn't turning out to be quite interesting.

Cyrus Silverling
Cyrus Silverling

Number of posts : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:08 pm

Right....Gawain has a very keen olfactory sense, so when Arcadia put the smelling salts beneath his nose, the first thing that happened was a mighty, mighty sneeze. Then, he executed a Shawn Michaels-style pop-up. He was on his feet in a flash, sneezing and pawing at his nose. He was, it should be noted, almost instantly sobered up. "Blood and ashes, that was some high-quality H2O! Whassat stuff, anyway, Arca........Arcadia!!" He grinned widely, and grabbed her for a nice, tight hug. Then, as he released her, his eyes travelled over to Cyrus. "Cy-bunny! What's goin' on, bro? It's been ages! Light, I should get drunk more often!" Of course, he was very happy to see so many of his old friends, and equally as happy to see his daughter again. But wait...something needed to be addressed.

"I'm not hallucinating, am I?"

Gawain
Gawain

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcadia Caughey Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:51 pm

One of her trademark knowing little smiles was given to Madeline. She could understand the lass' concern, but at the same time she knew the salts were enough to rouse the girl's father. Easy as one, two, three. Still, the notion that his daughter was going to tell on him to his wife, the picture was a rather amusing one. Almost worth letting Gawain lay as he was. Almost.

It never ceased to amaze her that she had walked into this place to find only Gawain here and those on staff, and within moments a small crowd was gathered. Indeed, like old times. As was Cyrus' hand on her shoulder, and his wry wit. A little purse of her lips in a smirk, glancing up at him only briefly as she corked the vial and slipped it back into her pack, " 'Blessed' as I am with Archer as a relation, rousin' a man who's dropped from drink is no more than a fingerful, Cyrus."

Curse that small glance, and the fact that Gawain had chosen that moment to come to. His sneeze and the leap up to his feet were enough to make her rocket up out of reflex with a quickness was that obviously not human. Hopefully she didn't knock Cyrus in the process. Arcadia didn't even have time to give Gawain a chiding word or even a smack for good measure, as the now sober man pulled her into an embrace.

Arcadia had grown over the years, she truly had. Gawain could thank Marco - and the handful of fights that Marco and Arcadia had at the Coalition - for the fact that the reserved woman actually returned his hug. It was not as tight as his as she had no desire to crack any of his ribs, but it was sincerely returned. In her slightly stoic, controlled way. When he pulled away, he would be greeted with a dry little smirk. "No, you're not hallucinatin'. Unless y' were usin' your liquor t' wash down some magic mushrooms that I don't know about..."

Was that...humor? Well, it was an attempt, at least. A noble Arcadia attempt.
Arcadia Caughey
Arcadia Caughey

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:26 pm

Maddie looked at her dad and shook her head. "Thanks for your help Arcadia. "
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyrus Silverling Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:21 pm

What a collective group that had gathered. Gawain was.. well, Gawain. Arcadia was her usual funny self. And that was a dead serious comment, too. Madeline was, from what he could grab from her so far, her usual polite self. Very nice that one was. Anyway, Cyrus had been sitting back and watching the events unfold themselves with a relatively sly grin, but it wasn't malicious in the least bit. Honest.

"She's right. It isn't a hallucination this time." Yes, they were there in the flesh and there wasn't a damn thing he could do about it except to enjoy it. With that? His attention shifted away to Arcadia with a laugh easily escaping out of his mouth. "I'm going to write that one down in my diary." .. he really didn't have one of those, though.. he could poke fun at her. ".. today Arcadia made a funny. I was really impressed." He even gave the mocking hand motions as if he were writing on some form of parchment. Love to hate, right?

Cyrus Silverling
Cyrus Silverling

Number of posts : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:57 am

((Sorry, forgot this one.))

Leviathan saw the lady come up to Gawain. She understood her just fine.she said she was Gawain's friend and was here to take care of him. She was a healer, Levi's human was a healer. So was Kjay's human. This was cool. She watched as the lady put stuff under Gawain's nose. She sneezed as it stunk bad.

Madeline walked up then, she knelt down beside Levi, so she sat up enough to place her head in Madeline's lap. She purred because she wasn't worried about Gawain, she knew he was in good hands. After all, if they were bad hands, she would bite said hands.

Some guy came on to the scene now. He has faint hints of scents on him, Tasha, Venis, Epiphany, Dre. He was safe. He had been around those beings and still drew breath, so she would let him pass. Besides, he seemed to know the nice healer lady.

Gawain came to and jumped up. That startled Leviathan enough for her to leave Madeline's lap, stop purring, and scramble backwards. After all, she was laying right up against him before he sprang up from the floor. The nice healer lady had done it, she had woke up Gawain. Leviathan walked back over to Gawain and rubbed against his legs wrapping her tail as she did. She was happy that he was ok, not that she was worried or anything.

Now Gawain was hugging the nice healer lady, they were calling her Arcadia. And the guy, Cy-bunny? No that couldn't be his name. Oh Arcadia the nice healer lady called him Cyrus, not that she would believe as his name. Cy-bunny, honestly. Gawain could be so silly sometimes.

Leviathan looked up at all the humanoid beings so happy to see each other. It made her wonder where Tasha had run off to. Leviathan didn't know that she was supposed to babysit the Furgirl. But the moment Levi had to go take care of some business, Tasha disappeared on her. That was not like her, but she would return. And Leviathan, not needing to watch over Gawain any longer, laid her tail down and headed somberly to her room. If she couldn't get in, she would just go to Casie's room to hang out with Kjay.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:45 am

Gawain, now stone sober, peered around the room, and his eyes lit up at all of his friends gathered. "I have sorely missed you people. Join me in a drink, nay, a toast, to celebrate this occasion." He was almost as happy to see all of his buddies as he was when his beloved returned to his arms.

A thought occured to him at that very moment. "Cyrus, how is Glenn doing these days?"
Gawain
Gawain

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:46 am

Madeline crossed her arms and gave him a look. "Huh, looks like you've already been celebrating enough Dad. "
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcadia Caughey Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:49 pm

Arcadia couldn't help the wry smirk that she gave to Cyrus. "Y' have a diary, do ye? That must be a right short read." There! She made two wry comments in the course of a few precious short minutes. Normally that phenomenon only happened when Fallon and his overly swelled ego were boasting around the room. Cyrus just stumbled on a lucky day, it seems.

As for Gawain's suggestion...will wonders never cease, it seems some things did change. Arcadia, who was famous in the Society and Alliance for never touching a drop of drink actually spoke up with a different tune. "A wee bit o' wine, that's all I'll consent t' toast on. Unless one o' you is offerin' up your own personal stock..." Her lips pursed in a little smirk. She was referring to blood, of course. An allusion she would make only when in familiar company such as this.

When Gawain questioned Cyrus about his brother, Arcadia's eyes fell upon the younger Silvering. Glenn was one she hadn't seen in quite some time either. Not since the few brief encounters they had when they were at the Coalition. She was curious to hear the answer as well.
Arcadia Caughey
Arcadia Caughey

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:33 am

Maddie still couldn't believe her dad had gotten so drunk he had fell out on the floor. He seemed fine now, but she still thought his wife should know. so she sent a mental link to Airtia. ~Airtia, it's Maddie. Look I just thought you should know your husband is down here in the bar, recovering from being passed out on the floor. You can thank Leviathan for finding him. Might want to come check to see if he's ok.~
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Airtia S. Cauthon Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:18 am

Mental links did not work as a way of communicating with Airtia unless she was bonded to that person. Why? Sometimes when a person connected with another persons mind the results were not pretty. Unless properly trained and skilled there were consequences involved when tapping into a locked mind like hers and missteps could render the delver into a state of catatonic shock. It wasn't as simple as opening a door.

When Madeline tired she didn't suffer any consequences besides feeling as though she hit up against a very hard wall. There were reasons why her mind was locked. Perhaps someone was trying to contact her about Gawain, for she felt that he was in a slightly intoxicated state. Still, through the bond that they shared she could tell he was all right (or about as well as a person could be after passing out) with no critical harm to his body. If there had been she would know. There was slight spark of him coming more into life inside of her head - that often happened when he woke up - and there was no sense of danger.

Nothing to worry about.

This bond also let him know where he was - at least direction wise and right now that direction was the Inn. If he was in the Inn and had been drinking then it only made sense that he was at the bar and, if he was in the Inn then he was around friends. Uninjured, drunk at the bar, surrounded by friends, was her presence really needed? Maybe she should go and box his ears for drinking? No, no reason for any of that for Gawain was a grown man and if he wanted to get drunk he could. If he had passed out in a back alley then the situation would be different.

For now Airtia would stay where she was - wherever that may be - confident that things were going well.
Airtia S. Cauthon
Airtia S. Cauthon

Number of posts : 185

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:25 am

Gawain would, no doubt, be very relieved that Airtia had not come to box his ears if he knew she was aware of his previous antics. After all, he did kind of deserve it. Anyway, he grinned at everyone and ran his fingers through his hair, reminding himself for the hundredth time that he had had it cut. "Geez, guys, why didn't someone tell me to get a haircut all those years ago? I'm all aerodynamic now!" A slight smirk formed on his face as he walked over to Madeline as he motioned to the others in the bar. "Hey, kiddo, how about we all have a sit-down and catch up? I have all ideas that there are plenty of tales to be told, and hey, maybe we can make up some new ones as we go along!" Ah, the good old days were back.....Gawain was a lucky furball.
Gawain
Gawain

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:47 am

Maddie smiled at her Dad. "Sure why not, what would everyone like to drink?"
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down