Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

First day on the Job...

5 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

First day on the Job... - Page 3 Empty Re: First day on the Job...

Post by Guest Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:28 am

Kyra pouted when she heard she had to sleep in her bed tonight. She didn't really like the room because she was all by her lonesome. She liked having all these people around her even though some of them scare her at times. She remembers the first time she met Dre. She mutters under her breathe.

"That is so unfair...hmph"

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:41 am

He heard Kyra and chuckled. "Well unless you get a room mate then your bed it is young lady. Besides the sooner you sleep the sooner the day gets here and you can be back here with friends. And be as busy as you want and cut a fool and all that. "
Beastie
Beastie

Number of posts : 1596

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:04 pm

She knew it was around here somewhere. Point being that she had seen all the signs for it while working in town. But seeing signs (and paying attention to them) were totally different things and now that she was looking for a sign with directions on it, it as no where to be seen. She still believed that the signs here grew feet and walked around on their own.

Why she didn't ask Dre when she was talking to him? Maybe because it would have been the right thing to do. So, Vesta ended up kinda just wandering around town for a bit. Today she had dressed in her original purple and black stripped leggings, had on jeans with the knee down torn out, shoes, and a black pinstripe vest over a red shirt. Colorful. Not to mention the ear buds in her ear. All she needed was gum but hadn't found any she liked.

A bit of asking around - and finally remembering what she read on a poster - she found what she was looking for! Nice place. Imposing, but nice. Wonder if she'd have to wear a uniform.....

Opening the door she saw a couple people and waved. "Hi everybody!"
Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Number of posts : 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:13 pm

She saw Vesta enter, and smiled at her. "Hello there. Krys you can help me sort this stuff oer here."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Number of posts : 1173

http://madelinecauthon.webstarts.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:49 pm

Oh look, there was Madeline. Up to the desk she popped the ear buds out of her ears and let the cord dangle around her neck, the sound of muffled drum beats coming through. Then she drummed on the desk with her fingers.

"Hey there Madeline," Vesta said as she leaned forward and looked around the place. She was looking for Dre of course. "Is Dre around? He said that he could hook me up with a job here."

Someone of his size couldn't be too hard to spot. Maybe he was in the back somewhere.
Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:05 pm

He looked up from the floor where he was crouching, after knocking Krystal on her arse. He saw Vesta come in and then laughed as she looked for him.

"Vesta I do not always stand up you know," he said from the floor.

"The offer still stands if you think you can handle it. You can work here with these ladies or help in the forge itself. Good way to learn the craft. But that choice is yours to make. Up here you will be working with Kyra, Maddie, and Krystal. If you like going down, then there will be me and Trin."

He stood, helping Krystal to her feet and nodding to what Maddie had said.
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:15 pm

Kyra went about her work trying not to dwell on having to sleep in her room tonight. She heard someone trying to find Dre and finding him in the oddest of places. Being curious she peeked out from behind the stuff she was working on to see who it was and grinned. Someone new for her to meet soon. She liked having lots of friendly people around her. Finishing up her work Kyra decided it was time to head off to get some food and drink. She finished cleaning up the area and inspected it to make sure everything was where it needed to be for opening day. Proud of the work she did she went to let Dre know she was leaving for the night. She walked up to Dre and tugged on his hand lightly.

"Just wanted to let you know I'm leaving for the night. Time for dinner."

She rubbed her belly as it began to growl back at her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:43 pm

Never would have thought to look on the floor for him, or look down to see him at all. She could only think of a few cases where she would have reason to look down to see him and none of them applied for this particular moment, so it was best to to dwell on it.

Kyra, Maddie and Krys, thought it over, looked at the girls and gave them a smile before she crossed her right foot over her left and folded her hands behind her head. Signature stance. "I can go down," the implications of it all caused her to wink. "Got some muscle in me and I won't scare away the folks. I'll leave the greeting and all to the pretty ones."

Left leg went out and she slide to the left, moving from the desk. She wasn't afraid to get dirty, sweaty and all that came with working by the fires. Besides, he said it was a good way to learn the trade. That had to amount for something.
Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Back to top Go down

Post by Trindala Do Sant Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:37 pm

"Before I can teach you anything about the trade you must speak with the master blacksmith." She pointed towards the open door so that sky could enter at his own will. Letting her self in before him and going down a level to her station. Her coals where dieing down now and the layer of ash that coated them lookd like clouds over an amber sunset. She leaned into her anvil and watched the coals a moment breathing in the smoke that filled the air around them. Her hood dropped back the frther she tilted her head and soon that cascade of white hair fell over the anvil.

Her sharply pointed ears set perked for the conversation Sky and Dre where bound to have even though she looked as though she wasn't paying attention.
Trindala Do Sant
Trindala Do Sant

Number of posts : 131

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:49 am

He felt a tug on his hand and looked down at Kyra. He heard what she said and nodded.

"I am serious Kyra. In your own bed tonight." He gave his new friend a hug and then looked around. "Anyone else heading out? Maybe you all can walk as a group and such." He waited for a moment and then looked at Vesta.

"Sounds good Vesta. Not much glory in being an assistant and you will get dirty. Very Dirty. But the job is yours. I believe opening day in tomorrow. So where something comfortable, but not heavy. You are going to be hot and sweaty all day, not counting being tired when you leave here and maybe even walking funny."

He nodded to Trin as she came back in, wondering if she heard what he said about Opening Day.
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:35 am

"I'll walk with you brother." Krys finished helping Maddie with the sorting then from around the counter to join her brother. "You coming Maddie?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:17 am

Maddie followed Krys from behind the counter. "Yes it would be good for us to walk as a group. When we get back to the in Kyra, me, you, and Krys here can have a little girl talk before bed. What do you think?"
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Number of posts : 1173

http://madelinecauthon.webstarts.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:29 am

He looked up at that. "Oh boy, girl talk. I am scared. "

He chuckled and started to head down to the forge to start prepping there for the morning.

Last edited by Dreconis on Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:28 pm

Kyra looked at Madeline funny when she said they would have to have some girl talk. She didn't have a clue what girl talk was but if it prolonged her going to her room then she was all for it. She had heard what Dre said about sleeping in her room and nodded to him.

"But what if I fall asleep in someone elses room while having girl talk? Will I get in trouble then?"

She waited for him to answer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:27 pm

What Dre said sounded fine to her, she had no problem with that. Comfortable clothing, dirty job, walk funny, heh, sounded like a wild ride to her. The other girls seemed to be heading back to the Inn for girl talk and she wondered if that meant she had to go as well. Girl-talk scared her as well. Dre, on the other hand, seemed to be going downstairs.

"Hey Dre," following after her. "Can I come? I might as well check the place out being that Im gonna be working down there and all." He could always say no if he wanted to be alone with the forge or.. whatever.

Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:10 pm

Krys gave Kyra a sympathetic smile. "Oh don't woory about it Kyra, we'd let you sleep, unless we decided to have a pillow fight or something." She knew Dre would have her hide for keeping both Maddie and Kyra up all night. So she added real quickly."Just kidding Dre."

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:09 am

He stopped and looked at Kyra shaking his head. "No Kyra you would not. Be good to make friends, they help at times. He looked at Krystal, "Sure you are sister dear. Sure you are."

He then looked at Vesta, "If you come now that is up to you, might be a little early. Unless, that is, you are not wanting to rest up for the morning eh? trying to do it all night? Think you have the stamina? But yeah, since you are going to be going down a lot better see what you are getting into."

With that he headed off again.
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:38 pm

"I'm coming!" Like she was really going to miss out on a chance to explore the underworld of the forge. Hell no. She'd never been in one before so this was going to be awesome.

Now, she didn't know about work in down there all night or anything like that, but she at least wanted to give things an eyeball look and get a feel for it. "I've gots all type of stamina."
Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:47 pm

He showed her around, showing her the bellows and all that. He showed her how they worked. "This is how you work it to get maximum air. We have to have the most air to get things really hot and steamy. Once there we work it as we need to, hammering it good and all that before we thrust it into something wet."

He was showing her step by step. "Depending on what we want is how hard we hammer it and how heavy it is. It could be slow and long strokes or fast and hard. Never know til we get the order. But the sweat will roll, muscles will hurt, and you will be left panting when done."

He moved around the forge showing her this and that and explained it. "So think you can handle it?"
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:01 am

How lucky was she? Vesta now had a job where she got to work with a man who would keep her hot and sweaty all day and work her until she could barely walk. Best of all she'd leave with a smile and come back to get worked by him all over again the next day.

"You know you'll probably gonna have to show me that again tomorrow as I take a few goes with your hammer." She stretched her hands above her head. It was hot down here. "And you can tell me how good I am with my strokes. I'm a fast learner."

Show her a time or two and she was gold. "I'll remember to wear something a little less. Can't have anything getting in our way."
Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:11 am

He nodded as he listened to her. "Well you will have to pound it good. But I think you will stroke it great. If you can grab it all that is. There is a lot to grasp the first time around and some have to have many lessons. You just have to have a patient teacher who knows what they are doing to guide you to that brink. Then, once you go over you will be hooked. Nothing like feeling something soft and malleable grow hard and firm in your hands and know you are the reason for it. That you can do whatever you wish with it."

He heard her say something less and nodded. "Why do you think I wear a loincloth? It just gets in the way. I want to work and work fast and well clothes just hamper someone my size. Especially as the hit builds and the strokes get better and longer and you are into the wee hours of the morning pumping away to get things just right. Just at the brink of what you desire most. Yeah can be all taken away with loose clothes. Hides to much. You want to be able to feel everything and enjoy it all."
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:36 am

"You don't have to be too patient with me. I've got greedy fingers that are itching to work. When they get a-hold of something they work at it until the job is done and then start all over again." They were talking about the forge. Sure they were. There were a lot of fires that had to be stoked.

"Once you get a feel of my work there won't be nothing else to compare. I can work your hammer and stroke the fires until the earlier hours of the dawn. Come morning I'll be wearing your cloth. Maybe I'll take to wearing one. It's good for easy access. We're gonna have some long nights together."

She was looking forward to it.
Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:45 am

Looking at her he nodded. "We shall see. It might be tight at first and it may hurt like the Nine Hells. But it will be worth it and you will get the best pleasure from it. In fact, I know you will love it and be begging for more. Some days you will have quickies here and there, others you will be working long and slow on one. You will know the different positions, the pressure to you, everything."

He looked at her. "If you wear my cloth then things might get something unexpected. You do need some protection. Always use protection before you start. It is nothing major to put it on you know. One step could save you a lifetime of pain and misery. But cloths are good for easy access and freedom of movement. As for the long nights, we shall see how your stamina holds."

He truly thought she would do well in the forge. But time would tell. It was not for everyone.
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:46 pm

He rocked. If he didn't know it than he should. Maybe she should tell him, just to be on the safe side. His comments were funny and she knew that he could hang. Working here wasn't going to be that bad at all. And besides, the weather was getting colder, having a warm place to work could be beneficial.

Since they were going to be working together and since he could take a joke, she laughed and put one of those playful punches to his arm. You know the type. The ones where you touched your fist to the person's arm? No force behind it, laughing and with a wink so the person wouldn't think you were really out to get them and clock you in the jaw? "Dre my man, you rock."

"Okay so!" backing off she clapped her hands together once and did a quick bounce on the balls of her feet. "Now that I've seen the place, Imma head back to my place and try to find something you'd approve of so we can get the fires rolling."

Excited? Understatement.
Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Back to top Go down

Post by Trindala Do Sant Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:09 pm

Not seeing sky enter Trin shook her head gently. reaching up she tied off the bellows and poured her bucket of water into the long trough they used to cool long swords and other long hot metals. Packing her tools and setting them in safe asigned place.

she alouded her coals to burn out being that they where already an hours time from self extingushing them selves. Walking to Dre she bowed at the waist. " Finished for the day Boss Dre, Unless there are other tasks to be completed? I also wonder about the Chest gaurd I left in your care?" She asked in a british tone and lifted her self out of the bow. Replacing her faceless hood to her head to hide her face once again.

Noting Vesta there she gave the young woman a bow as well.
"Sorry to introude miss." The ragged robes said before taking back its normal stance.
Trindala Do Sant
Trindala Do Sant

Number of posts : 131

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum