Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

First day on the Job...

5 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

First day on the Job... Empty Re: First day on the Job...

Post by Trindala Do Sant Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:17 pm

Trin showed up the very moment the sun broke the herizon. She simply let her self in seeing how the door was once again open. Her faceless hood was up and cover th crown of her head looking more like a creatuer looking for shelter fromt he coming day. The coals was what she went to first stocking the froge with a equal amout and leveling it out. Lighting it was no challange, her blavk glove hand rested upon the coals surface and a blue flame sparked to life over her hand. Blue fire being one of the hotter types of flames caught the coals aflame almost instantly and she kept the core of the heat towards the center the forge. The next thing she went about doing was gathering up all the scrap metal she could find and compiling it together in a smelter. Melting it down and pouring it into flat molds to be used later, horseshoes and other pratical things. She said nothing to anyone who might have been standing around and seemed content doing her job out of the way and effinsiontly.
Trindala Do Sant
Trindala Do Sant

Number of posts : 131

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:59 am

He was off working in a distance. his own flames working through the rainbows. Sparks flying like mad. He was working on her armour but of course he would keep that to himself. The rhythmic tappity-tap-tap going. He was using some very old tricks he was taught to help mend the armour and actually make it stronger. He was able to fuse the split back without it showing like it was sliced or anything. he was nodding as he looked at the armour, afte cooling it. Then hung it up.

he began to work on other pieces already to sell in the shop.
Beastie
Beastie

Number of posts : 1596

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:18 am

Madeline walked in forge, and saw Dre and another employee. "Good morning everyone. Dre what you would you like me to start on first?" She said with a smile.
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Number of posts : 1173

http://madelinecauthon.webstarts.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:08 am

She never got a chance to go back to the inn last night. She ended up falling asleep at the desk with her head on a stack of papers. When the others began trickling in they would hear soft snores coming from where she was currectly sleeping. Her arms were folded underneath her head. She tends to have a problem of starting something and not wanting to leave until it was finished and the front was organized for her and Madeline.

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:58 pm

Maddie walked over to Kyra, and gently rubbed her back, and in a soft voice told her good morning."Hello Kyra, time to wake up."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:25 pm

He came upstairs to get a drink and see how things were going. he saw Maddie and Kyra. He looked at Kryra, "Did you sleep here last night young lady?" That fatherly tone coming out.

"Maddie watch her of that. Okay you two. Biggest job today. Need a price list for mundane items. Kyra, scout out the other forges and make a list of their prices. Maddie scout out the general stores and see if they sell things there like we make. Get their prices to. I wan the lowest in town, but without slitting our throats.

"Throats get slit, can not pay you. alright. Also if you run across any looking for work, send them this way. Guessing no one else from the Inn is interested so we will hire out. I am working on a security force at night. either of you do bookkeeping?"
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:00 pm

She woke up and cringed knowing she was going to get in so much trouble for this one. She really did mean to go back and get her bed but time just slipped and the next thing she knew she felt Madeline waking her up and then Dre's voice. She could tell there was a difference in his tone but she wasn't sure what it was and not sure if she liked that or getting yelled at better. So she decided to take the easy way out and decided to try her hand at being a smart but and spoke sarcastically.

"Why yes sir I did...figured if some other people didn't have to go to bed neither did I."

She grinned hoping he wouldn't get too mad at her. She was cute and sweet and innocent after all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:10 pm

He just laughed and then looked at Maddy. "So from now on Maddy you go to bed to." He winked to show he was kidding.

"Okay ladies, off to work."
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:17 pm

Madeline grabbed her cloak, and a pen and pad, then gets a grin on her face. She had become good friends with Dre's sister. "No problem boss. Have you asked your sister. All those nice colthes she has have gotta cost a fortune?"

At the going to bed comment she grinned with a slight blush.Well I was ummm busy...
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:22 pm

"To much Information Maddie, remember to me you are stillt he nine year old running around trying to catch my tail. Now what does clothes have to with metal workings?"

He asked with a huge grin on his face at the memories.
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:27 pm

Madie chuckled. I know you do re. I was just thnking that se might be bored at the Inn wth nothing to do all the time, and she could earn some money.
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:29 pm

"I doubt my sisters would want to pump bellows and shovel coals and such all day long. But might think of something. You and Kyra come up with something okay?"

He nodded to them and went off back to work. "By the way Kyra, looks good up here."
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:33 pm

Maddie heads for the door."Be back in a while. Wth a big list." With that she walked out into town
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:07 pm

Kyra stood there and grinned when he got on to Madeline even though that is not who she was referring to. She heard the instructions and then thought of something that Krystal could do and not get dirty. Before she left she tugged on his hand. When he looked down she would give him her idea.

"Why not have Krystal be a clerk. You did say you wanted two more and that was after you had already hired me. Just a thought now I'm off to figure this out.'

She took a pad and pencil and went off to do her work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:25 am

He stood there for a moment. That could work, but it raised some questions as well. Would Krystal work under him? Would she even want the job? If so could she handle it?

He stood there thinking about these things. So far it had already been an interesting day and it was only dawn..
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Trindala Do Sant Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:43 pm

The pinging of the trin's hammer on the anvil came to a stop and was fallowed by a hissing sound. The heep of rags came back upstairs after a while and strolled over to the counter. seeing how there was yet a single customer or order other than her own she steped out side to lean against the building in the same spot she did the day before.

Dre wouldn't find a tool out of place a scrap of metal on the floor of her work place, She almost seemed obsesed with perfection. Everything had its place and hers was against the wall of thebuilding when she wasn't busy at work.
Trindala Do Sant
Trindala Do Sant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:53 pm

When Trin ha dstepped outside htere was a very uncomfortable Sky. At first he had been lookign around everywhere but now that she had stepped out she immediatly caught his attention. He had been getting used to buildings till he came across the forest. Now he once again had no intrest in them. He nodded to Trin and stepped quickly but ackwardly over to her.

"Hello Trin..."
Sky
Sky

Number of posts : 421

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:09 pm

She pouted and walked back to the forge. She was saying some not nice things under her breath and tears welling in her eyes. She waved to Trin and the one that was talking to her as she walked back into the forge. She went to the front to set her paper and pencil down and then went to see if the men were completing the projects to her liking. She saw a few things that were not done yet but she didn't pitch a fit about it as she was sure it would be done soon. Everything else was going along just as planned and she thought Dre would be pleased with it. She went back to the front still pouting and a hint of tears still in her eyes. She sat down with the paper trying to come up with some ideas.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trindala Do Sant Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:26 pm

The shoulders of the mass of rags jumped slightly upon seeing sky. Of all the people to meet in the ally way of a busy town the last of all would be Sky.

Her hood nodded in greating as he came up and the mass shifted to stand away from the wall she leaned on just before. " What are you doing here?" Said a gruff male voice that seemed to come from trin's side.

Her left hand gripped tightly before that faceless hood looked back towards the feline. "Good day Sky, where you searching for something?" Her normal britsh tone asked. Watching the fae walk back into the forge with a two finger wave before directing her attention back to sky.
Trindala Do Sant
Trindala Do Sant

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:30 pm

He had come up after checking the fires and such. Having had seen Kyra down there he wanted to know how her journey had went. He tried to catch her, but man could she move. So he came up here. He came out of the entrance and one look at her told him something was wrong.

"Alright wee one, what happened? You can tell me who I have to kill. I mean beat up. I mean speak too."
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:55 am

Maddie had been all over town checking prices. For the most part, Dre's prices were the best in town. The only ones that were really any cheaper were the ones about five miles out of town. She hoped Dre would not be too cross with her for adveturing outside town, but she wanted to do a good job. she wrote a small report noting that he had te lowest prices in town and that the olnly cheapers was out of town.

She walked back to the forge and saw Kyra and Dre at the entrance. She saw the troubled expression on her face.
"Kyra, sweetie what's wrong?"
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:48 am

She was muttering when Dre came up and spoke to her. She stared at him for several moments trying to figure out what to do or to tell him. All she knows is she did not like being called a wee one and she was going to let him know it. She spoke quickly and a little louder than was necessary.

"First things first...I am not a wee one...I am 16 years old going on 17. I am not a child. Every where I went today the minute I walked in a man said I needed to go back to my mommy's side and when I get older come back and they can teach me the ways of the world. I don't know what they meant but I didn't like it."

She laid her head on the desk tears falling when Madeline asked her what was wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:04 pm

He looked at her a little shocked.

"I'm sorry we...I mean Kyra. You are right you are not a child. These merchants should treat you better." The last pat of that really enraged him.

"Kyra where all did you go?"
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:35 pm

Madeline sat her report down and listened to what Kyra had said. She had been to most of the shops Kyra had been to. She hated ignorant people, but she did love getting a little pay back, and she had just the means to do it. She put her hand on Kyra's back. "Don't worry about stupid people like tem Kyra, they will get what they got coming to them."

She picked up her report again, and gave Dre a innocent smile. Dre, I just forgot, tere were a few stores I forgot to check."

She then looked at Kyra, and whispered in her ear.Don't worry dear friend, I'l make sure you get an apology." Madeline gave her a wink, and turned around and started walking back towards town.
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:04 pm

She sighed and handed Dre the list of places she had gone that day and nodded to Madeline as she walked out. She looked up at Dre wiping her tears away.

"I'm sorry for yelling and thank you."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum