Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

They Never Come for the Coffee

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

They Never Come for the Coffee  - Page 2 Empty Re: They Never Come for the Coffee

Post by John Asher Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:04 pm

John was a bit riled up about this now. Before he was the third wheel, which was humorous and awkward, and his sister’s reactions without noticing what she was doing had him chuckling, but then this no talent douche clown comes sauntering over. All eye-balling his sister like she is the nicest, purest slab of beef… John was feeling a few primal urges towards this guy but O would be proud, he was keeping it in check. Hearing Damon say his name, those hues turned towards him a moment then turned his gaze from his momentary look to his sister to beef boy. His sister by the way seemed over whelmed and caught up in being the prime rib at an all you can eat buffet, John took note of that as well, and thought perhaps later he might want to impart some wisdom on handling men since it seemed that was a foreign concept these days. And not that handling ya sickos.

John watched even more as the barista he had been working on was all friendly to him, he got that and didn’t get gruff, even chuckled to the sort of dreamy look she held, but it didn’t take from the hackles being raised in the presence of this playboy that recently joined them, with a comic book name which made it all the easier for John to insult him viciously in his head. However, when the man took his hand and said it was a pleasure, “likewise” lie, such a lie. John’s thoughts on the man seemed a bit more befuddled and a lot less violent. It was unnerving, and John felt a tinge uneasy about the sudden shift but then also couldn’t shake it so he was trying to go with it. His desire to beat the man was subsiding to a far more controllable point. “Sounds it.” He managed to mutter out as he shot a look towards his sister and her friend Damon then back to Clark. Hearing him about the fart however it was the first time a growl was let free from John’s lips in front of his sister. It was low and quiet but it also indicated John didn’t find the humor in the comment and wasn’t terribly tolerant of it. A reflex of his hand and he drew in a slow breath as the man turned to speak with his sister.

Seeing his sister shoot him a look his eyes met hers and oh if she could read all the words in those eyes he would give her a medal, but to say he was unsettled would be totally accurate. But he was curious what this was all about so he remained, silent and trying to figure out where his thoughts stood with Clark, and just how much time he wanted that wanna be superman near his sister.
John Asher
John Asher

Number of posts : 39

Back to top Go down

They Never Come for the Coffee  - Page 2 Empty Re: They Never Come for the Coffee

Post by Damon Fauci Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:13 am

“And that is wise, bella.”  Dark eyes holding her own, Damon delivered the complement with a silken smile.  While the smooth nature of his voice was certainly compelling, it was no match to the depths of his eyes.  A web all of their own that made it incredibly difficult for one ensnared to look away until he wished it.  One thing that was certainly true about this witch, Titania was a keen observer and thus she knew him exactly for who he was.  Or rather, she knew him for exactly how he chose to present himself.  Still, that was not an accolade he could bestow upon many.

Such was the way of the vampire, who accomplished so much with so little effort.  Then there was the boisterous American.  What contrast.  As Clark worked his way on the barista and shook hands with the siblings, Damon elected to fold his arms across his chest and keep his amusement to himself.  Make no mistake, behind what seemed to be a generally detached air, Damon was paying close attention to the sidhe’s actions.  He knew of the man’s tricks, Jade had a terrible habit of running off at the mouth, but few were the times that he had the chance to see them in action as he was now.

Actions that hit pay dirt in Damon’s eyes, but likely for different reasons than where Clark’s attention was focused.  The vampire had caught John’s growl.  Very interesting.  A fact that was filed away with the other bits of information he’d gathered about Titania’s brother over the course of the evening, for safe keeping until the day that such information might prove useful.  Meanwhile, the vampire moved the conversation at hand forward as if the tension in the air wasn’t easily tasted.  “Looking to get into the coffee business, Clark?”  A wry smirk curled his lips.  “You’ve come rather far out of your way for a Raspberry Cheesecake Frappuccino.”  It was hard for him to speak a word like ‘frappuccino’ without a bit of irony - he was Italian, after all.

What a coincidence that the fae should mention his sister.  Or perhaps not at all, considering his phone’s alert had sounded at least three more times over the course of the conversation.  As Damon continued to ignore it, he flashed Clark a smile that suggested he knew exactly who was trying to reach out to him with such urgency.  “Likely because she had no idea I was in the area.  I was asked here for a meeting - not nearly as interesting as your entrepreneurial mission, I'm afraid.”
Damon Fauci
Damon Fauci

Number of posts : 124

Back to top Go down

Post by -:|[ Titania ]|:- Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:20 pm

When Clark called the barrista, Jasmine, gorgeous she beamed from the inside in that smile.   “You're welcome.”  It took a moment for the words to come out.  And she wouldn't realize that but that could get her some awesome tips, or maybe a bit more than that, depending on whom and when that happened.   But once he seemed to let her go, because the girl had a issue walking away, she did slip back behind the counter and start working.  That girl was smitten like a kitten from that brief interaction.

Let's be honest here, any spell that Titania was put under for really any reason, Damon would probably be able to break with his tone, if not his eyes, that ever since their first meeting she never knew if she couldn't look away because he compelled her or because a part of her that wasn't logical was drawn to him.   Not that Titania had a clue about that, and it was probably why John thought it was rather hilarious on how she responded and reacted with him, she was still her just if someone else said or did the things Damon did she would be calling them out or thinking something else, with him she chalked it up to being well him.  But her brother was right she had not been really around men in general that were not placing orders or she was placing orders for items for work.

Titania did have to hide her grin at the way that the girl was behaving for she had seen her flirting before but never had she seen anyone cause the girl to go speechless and stand mute for a good moment.   Made her wonder how to get the man on the payroll...all I need is you to come in and grin to Jasmine when she isn't doing her job to center her, and here's a paycheck to boot.   But she watched the interaction with her brother and the man she had no previous knowledge of, yet he knew Damon, so how bad could he be right!  But that growl that came from her brother was a bit of a surprise for her, though she knew what he was, since the day he got into town, it still was new.

When Clark turned his attention to her, as she had shook his hand, she had thought he was a pretty cool guy.   Not normally one for snap judgments but currently her brain wasn't telling her something was off on such.  But she smile to Clark when he was speaking, but then again, even if he didn't make her think he was a rather awesome guy that would have happened because that was her normal.   She gave a soft nod towards him.  “Thank you.   And you can normally find me here, most of the time, and if I am not here the staff calls me rather quick if they feel something is not right...or if requested.”  When she said not right she shot a small grin toward Damon...because that was what had got her to the store today.  And she had shot her brother a look and read he wasn't pleased and yet she didn't understand, because to her he seemed fine with Damon, and Clark was such a good guy, swell in fact, so what could be causing it.  

But she was good when they were speaking, like most adults, she was good with conversations about things she didn't know about, and did not interrupt them to give her all the attention.
-:|[ Titania ]|:-

Number of posts : 336

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade Stone Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:55 pm

Six...seven...by the time she’d sent Damon eight texts and still didn’t get an answer, her famous Jade panic was setting in and she shook her phone as if somehow that would be as satisfying as grabbing him and strangling him.  It wasn’t.  Taking a deep deep breath, anyone who was close enough would hear the clock weirdly chime twelve times even though it was only 8pm, because that’s how long it took Jade to let that breath out.

Free hand tugging at the golden tips of her otherwise emerald green hair, she did her best to not pace like crazy.  And she had to keep calm, too, calm enough to keep her glamour going so that the world just saw a grandfather clock in this room and not a totally freaking out fae.  Damon in Rhy’din was a bad idea.  It was the worst idea.  While she hated the Three for the time they’d made her live in Rhy’din in order to keep an eye on him, she totally understood why they’d needed her to do it.

So who was going to watch Damon now?

The person who was standing right in front of him, that’s who.  Typing furiously, now it was Clark’s phone that would blow up with a bunch of messages:  Is Damon still with you?  Damon in Rhy’din is bad news.  And Damon not answering my texts while in Rhy’din is even worse news. Can you not let him out of your sight?  At least until I can figure out what to do?  

Chewing on her lip, Jade turned to the window behind her.  This treated her to a gorgeous view of Adrian’s old school castle grounds that were perfectly kept, but instead of oohing and ahhing she was focused instead on her reflection in the glass. Tell him, demanded her glaring reflection, why are you hesitating?  It has to be said.

Jade nodded, and her reflection nodded back.  Turning back to her phone, she sent one last message to her brother:  And if he mentions a blonde named Epiphany, do ANYTHING to stop him from seeing her.  Bonus points if you get him to come back to Earth. Hitting send one last time, Jade sat on the window sill with a thunk and rested her head against the cool glass.  The speeches going on in the other room were worse than watching a marathon on a news only network, but she'd sign up for suffering through a week's worth of dull speeches in a heartbeat if it got Damon out of Rhy'din.
Jade Stone
Jade Stone

Number of posts : 94

Back to top Go down

Post by NotSuperman Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:21 am

Clark always wore an easy grin, it looked natural on him. Sort of like he was always in on a joke that you might not have been. Most often that was the case as well. The times when it wasn't he was probably too high to tell the difference. Right now that grin was pointed at John, his eyes looking over the man's face. his bemusement at the tension there clear on his face.

"Calm down there friend... I wasn't actually planning on calling her...Not really my type..." That grin became a true smile and he reached up and stuffed the number into the man's front shirt pocket. Which he then gave a pat. The touch of the Sidhe man once again bringing to light more feelings, these ones latching onto the ones he had for the waitress. Maybe he should call her. maybe he should invite her back to his place and see how it went. "I even greased the wheels for you man..." and then he got a friendly pat on the bicep. another bit of feelings, weighing down on the previous ones Clark had pressured in there. Clark was a pretty awesome dude after all wasn't he? No need for all of the aggression...Maybe it would be best to just relax...

He carried that smile back towards Damon then and opened his mouth to speak when his phone buzzed. " Oh, you know I-" It buzzed again. "I-" and then again. He then gave a huge dramatic sigh. " Forgive my rudeness..." He pulled his phone fromt he pocket of his blazer and then began to read. " Oh boy...Wow... damn..." he then gave a nod and then replied 'On it. You owe me.' and then hit send before he put his phone back into his jacket pocket."Wow! that was rude of me, apologies. I think I'll be getting a new kitten soon."

"Where was I? Oh yes... I'm not really here for real estate, Just kind of you know, looking to get out of the backwater town Keisah and I live in. The uh, Frappuccino is just a nice surprise..." They lived in Denver. "Meeting huh? had to be something pretty interesting to pull you all the way out here? Anything fun come of the meeting? Any Epiphany's you want to share?" And that was the first of what could be many times he was about to work that name into this conversation.
NotSuperman
NotSuperman

Number of posts : 21

Back to top Go down

Post by John Asher Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:38 pm

John was mixed into the group, he had been fine with the three of them, but the minute Prince Charming trotted over with a look all over his sister like prime rib, least in his eyes anyway, John was not a fan. Something, a few things just struck him weird. Not in a bad way, just one that made him a bit uneasy, and probably boosted by the man’s first take on his sister. Add to it the more unsettling fact that he seemed to want to think the man was okay and he just got a weird man in a van selling candy vibe from him.

John had let loose a growl. Something he was much better at keeping a lid on, that was another tipper that something was off, but he couldn’t figure out what. Yup, he was slow. But when he said he wasn’t planning to call John studied him. “She isn’t my girl, but thanks…” he wasn’t sure if that was a statement or a question even as he heard it slip from his lips, and feeling the man pat it there he let his eyes turn to Jasmine as she was sauntering off behind the counter. Okay, so he got her digits, that was mildly impressive, and John had a heavier hankering to give ole jasmine a lil call. However, not one to be touched much he did stiffen when he touched his bicep as he had when the man patted his pec.

When his attentions were turned away from him, and then away from his sister he looked towards her, a silent apology for the growl he had let loose, and then his gaze slowly turned towards Jasmine, hoping to catch her eye for perhaps a moment or ten. When and if he did he would do just that before his gaze returned to the conversation at hand. No sir, he was not walking a foot away from his sister. Fat effing chance there!
John Asher
John Asher

Back to top Go down

Post by Damon Fauci Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:31 pm

When Titania shot that grin at him, Damon offered an artful smirk.  Innocently translating her words into plainer terms - as if for Clark’s benefit.  “If she’s not here, all that’s needed is to put your feet up on the coffee table.  Titania’s staff believes reclining is a great threat.”  He still found the situation highly amusing.  In that way that a cat pities a mouse, Damon pitied this collection of workers who clearly didn’t know how to identify or handle the threats of this nexus.  Take Jasmine, for example.  Watching the barista fall so easily under Clark’s influence had Damon internally shaking his head.  Easy prey, is how the vampire labeled ones like her.  

And John.  Damon watched as the man made himself an easy target in a different way.  Were the circumstances different, Damon would have attempted to give a pointed look to his sister to bid her notice how readily her brother wore his frustration like an invitation.  But the vampire had watched Clark’s actions carefully, and suspected she was under the sidhe’s influence as well. Not that he blamed Clark for any of this, mind you.  It was the natural instinct of fae to toy with others, and Damon always appreciated those who fully embraced what they were.  

Isn’t doesn’t change to is without taking action.”  Mused with a lazy smile as Damon glanced over to the barista.  Watching her interact with a customer.  “There’s no question the invitation is there.  Her desire for attention and companionship is clearly displayed.”  There was no judgement as Damon made that observation - his voice had yet to falter from its smooth, casual rhythm during the entirely of this exchange.  In fact, it was entirely possible the vampire would one day attempt to capitalize on the girl’s need.  It was always convenient to have a collection of a few familiar females that willingly offered their necks upon sight.

Damon’s brow lifted when Clark’s phone went off in quick succession.  His own had gone silent, a fact which did not escape his attention.  Dry amusement colored his features as the sidhe tended to his business.  “Congratulations.”  The vampire didn’t bother to hide his complete lack of interest in kittens, or any other kind of animal pet for that matter.  “And you’ve come here.  Fascinating.  Don’t be deceived by the orderly appearance of this land, Clark.  It takes little in the way of a catalyst for chaos to ensue.”  Outwardly, it would appear that Damon offered those words by way of friendly advice.  In truth, he was laying the tracks of temptation.  Like offering candy to a baby, if one did so to see if the child would choke on it.

Clark's questions of him drew a languid shrug from the vampire.  “I suspect your definition of interesting is quite different than mine.”  He offered a charming albeit brief grin to the sidhe, fully aware that he’d offered a vague reply.  “Don’t you consider this fun?”  This was the aftermath of the meeting, after all, standing here and talking with the three of them.  “I’ll be remaining in this area for a time, if you'd like my assistance with learning about the region.”  There was the true outcome of the meeting:  the vampire had no immediate plans to return home.
Damon Fauci
Damon Fauci

Back to top Go down

Post by -:|[ Titania ]|:- Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:14 pm

Jasmine had made her way back to the counter, but even while she was waiting on people her eyes keep making their way to check on Clark, there was just something about him.   He seemed so dreamy, how had she been so lucky to be the one working today when he came in, she was going to definitely add him into her diary when she got home.   Dear Diary ...

Titania had totally missed the slab of ribs look, though, but that wasn't uncommon if you asked around, any sort of look that like was normally when she didn't seem to catch them.   So if her brother stuck around long enough he might get a bit over protective quite a bit.   But she wouldn't blame him she knew that her brother was protective and she knew why and she wouldn't judge him for it.  She had caught the growls and she looked at her brother, before her chocolate orbs went to Damon a moment, almost as if she knew it wasn't the best of things, and that it could very well be giving him more of an insight on her brother, though she didn't think that Damon would use that against him.   He had been a fast friend that she had trusted in right off because of how he was, but we can't say she had the best judge of character.

When Damon took her words and simplified them it had Titania biting her lip to keep the laughter that wanted to bubble out inside.  “My staff is afraid of Damon.”  She added and that just had her smiling because that to her was funny, because from all that she could figure it out it wasn't him it was his aura and his feet propped up.   It was something she needed to figure out how to help them realize things...and she knew they weren't all human so what the heck really...what the heck.  Titania would have to start some sort of classes for not being pansies or something!  

When Damon pointed things out about Jasmine, Titania listened because it was pretty true, the girl did seem to want that, it was rather obvious that Jasmine was not an independent female.   And when she spotted Damon looking that way because her eyes had hit that way, she looked away quickly, for she had  kept peeking, she had a flirtation with John, and then Clark was just swoony.   The other one though as scary as he was with his feet up like he owned the place … he screamed danger … not that it was a bad thing if he well …. Jasmine wasn't finishing her thought.

Back to top Go down

Post by NotSuperman Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:43 am

Clark looked incredibly pleased with himself given that John was calming his jets. It was really all Clark wanted, was for people to relax and remember that life was all about having good times. "Any time..." He slid his hands into his pockets and turned his attention back to Damon with a brilliant , beaming smile. "hmm... whats that?"

"Oh, well, that's cool. Y'know I get that... I ran into a girl who didn't have the first idea as to what a toaster was... my cell phone, blew her god damned mind... But, thanks for the advise Damon." He reached out and gave the vampire a jocular pat on the arm. each one bringing to light fond memories and thoughts about how awesome it would be to join Clark on an adventure.

"Oh yeah, It's a real barrel of monkeys. You know what? I've just had an Epiphany of my own. Why not take a few minutes and show me around. " He was a real expert on sarcasm. being the son of a parent of comedians it came natural for him What better way to help him to avoid those strange and new, exciting dangers. "there's only so much that Jade can share through text message. "
NotSuperman
NotSuperman

Back to top Go down

Post by John Asher Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:59 pm

John was new to being around a fae. He hadn’t come across any in the time he had been around, at least not to his knowledge. But this man, this…. Whatever he was John didn’t know but he knew something about him didn’t sit right him him and he didn’t like it. Though, Clark’s abilities were making him calm his jets he decided just turning silent would be better and praying he got the eff up out of here sooner than later. He would have a conversation with his sister about this Clark fellow. If he remembered too that is.

John being silent was almost as bad a thing as him being talkative. Silence gave his predatory mind an ability to sit back, watch and judge how others in his mind were acting or not acting. His sister in his mind was lost on Damon, her eyes seemed to gravitate towards him and she hung on his e very word, it was interesting and for the moment he didn’t get a terrible read of Damon, not like her past relationships, but that wasn’t his to speak about. Looking towards Clark as he spoke with Damon, John wasn’t enjoying him. Perhaps different circumstances would lead that elsewhere, but he didn’t like the man seemed to influence how he felt. His eyes landed then on Jasmine, he watched as she seemed airier, lighter and more overtly flirtatious than normal. Clark seemed to have an influence on her as well, but returning those smoky blues back to the conversation he again was opting for silence being the best remedy.
John Asher
John Asher

Back to top Go down

Post by Damon Fauci Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:57 pm

Upon Titania’s rearticulation of the staff’s fear of him, Damon shook his head with feigned sadness.  “A crying shame.  In truth I am great fun…”  For whom?  The predatory nature of his smile was unmistakable; the kind of smile that made others second guess whether they should take his words at face value.  Seeding doubts only to watch people shoo them aside because of his allure was one of his favorite games to play.  Dark eyes glanced over at the barista behind the counter, and if he caught her gaze he’d hold it, keeping her captivated for about the same length of time that one could hold their breath.  A little test.  Because he was great fun.

Patting Damon's arm would feel about as yielding to Clark as knocking his knuckles against cast iron. A most charming smile flashed at the sidhe as the vampire gave him a taste of his own wordplay. "You do seem quite the mind-blower. I'm green with envy." Following those silken words, one more would strike the center of Clark's mind like a mental flick: Noob. As an American of the modern age, surely Clark would be impressed that Damon was current with his vernacular?  Besides, who did the fae think he was dealing with, exactly? Clearly Jade hadn't done a proper job of extolling what the Italian was capable of, and with little effort. The Authority was continually asking Damon to take up the mantle of Enforcer with good reason.

Hands slid into his pockets as he gave Clark an actual reply.  Somewhat.  "I’d be honored. One can be struck by a great number of epiphanies in this realm. In fact, I was about to look up arguably the best epiphany in town before we ran into each other.  You should message Jade back, let her know we’re seeing it out." Nothing like needling Damon into one of his beastly moods, and Clark had Jade to thank for it for tattling on him just as much as he had himself to thank with all that fledgling jocularity.  The vampire wasn’t born yesterday, after all.  But perhaps a challenge would be good for the fae.

Titania and John, on the other hand, would be treated to the waning drops of Damon's good behavior for the night. "John, Bella.  A pleasure.  I trust your evenings will be as fruitfully spent as ours."  Dark eyes met Titania’s as he added with one last wolfish grin, “I’ll be in touch again before long. For our drink.”
Damon Fauci
Damon Fauci

Back to top Go down

Post by -:|[ Titania ]|:- Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:21 pm

So much was going on in the background that Titania had no clue about even when they kept saying epiphany it wouldn't hit her that they were speaking of her kids aunt.   She just thought it rather strange that the word was sticking out, but by the same token she wasn't putting to much stock into such things.  Which at times was a good thing.   Although she noticed the way that her brother seemed to go back and forth on the way that he was tense then more relaxed then wanting to tense again.  She would have to talk to him about that later.

Titania also did well to not let a trickle of laughter out hearing Clark about the girl he ran into that had no clue about a toaster and the cell phone, because Titania had met quite a few of those as well, and she took them all as well as she could with grace and trying to be understanding.  

Titania smiled to Clark, “It was nice to meet you Clark, you just seem like such a great guy, I hope you enjoy your tour with Damon.”  She turned her chocolate orbs to Damon and she smiled to him, because why wouldn't she smile to her friend, and she smiled towards him.   “It was good seeing you again.   I will look forward to that.”  She nodded before she looked towards her brother.  “John, did you want to speak to Jasmine before we left?”  She thought to ask because he seemed to be trying to put a puzzle together and she thought she would give him that option.  

She started to move them that way, so she could let the staff know that big bad Damon was getting ready to leave and they would all be safe...for a little bit longer.    Once she assured her staff and her brother either did or did not speak to Jasmine, she slipped out with her brother to her Jeep.  

Back to top Go down

Post by NotSuperman Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:35 pm

Clark outright laughed at Damon's use of the modern vernacular. IT tickled him that. "Oh, that is amazing..." a pause to breath and he went on." I'll have to tell Jade that it's finally starting to work..." and with that he produced his phone with the intent of sending Jade a text. Cast Iron was hard and unyeilding, but it got seasoned which added character. Had Clark actually done anything to Damon? probably not. But he could defintiely plant the seed of doubt in the vampires mind. Afterall Damon was aware of the fact that he had been training with Loki.

"Thank you darling, It was my very good pleasure to make your acquaintance" said as he turned the phone back off and put it away. Returning his smile back to Titania. "Maybe this won't be the last time we see each other, I've got an undetermined amount of vacation time. " He offered the stoic man another smile. " Good to meet you too pal. remember what I said about that barista, I'm telling you... you're in." And then that grin to Damon. "Come on, old man... Lets roll."
NotSuperman
NotSuperman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2