Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

They Never Come for the Coffee

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

They Never Come for the Coffee  Empty They Never Come for the Coffee

Post by Damon Fauci Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:24 pm

[The following conversation is in Italian, but written in English for easy reading.]

Their world was plagued with its own infestation of Starbucks. Yet Dominic had insisted that they come to this realm, this Starbucks, as soon as they were certain no inquisitive eyes were watching.  It took a week to find the proper diversion, and poor unsuspecting Jamison had no idea what he’d truly helped to orchestrate when he let slip that the German coven was covertly trying to expand its territory.  Nothing like a border war to keep the Authority busy.  Not to mention the trials that would inevitably follow...brutal bureaucratic heaven for the governing body of their kind.

So here they were.  Far away from that nonsense so they could talk about altogether different nonsense.  Damon looking unapologetically ornery, slouched down in one of the overstuffed accent chairs, head reclined against it and his feet up on the coffee table in front of them.  Dominic sitting straight-backed on the small couch, with his fedora next to him and a look on his face that clearly wished Damon wouldn’t insist on being difficult.  The old friends doing what they always did whenever they spoke of personal matters - choosing one of their languages of origin.  Italian seemed to be their preferred choice when they were here.

Exhaling a sigh aimed to practically color the air with the inconvenience he was feeling, Damon turned his bottomless black eyes upon his friend.  His Italian smooth, silky, effortless.  “So why, pray tell - ”

“I know they offered it to you again.  For the fourth time, they must want you badly.”

While Dominic was the only one who could get away with cutting him off like that, Damon was too smart for the tactic that his friend chose to take.  While cutting to the chase did score points with the Italian, it’d take far more than that to improve his mood. “Fifth time,” he corrected dryly.  “And so, old news.  Certainly not news that warranted coming all the way here?”

Dominic sat forward.  Setting the untouched coffee he held on the table, he folded his hands and braced himself.  Over three hundred years of experience pushing back on Damon when he was in one of his moods, and it never got any easier.  “It does when you’re making a mistake, brother.”

“Call me brother when you slap me with that?”  Scoffed with an eyeroll.  “Bastardo, I should dump this sludge all over you.”  Heel nudged his own coffee cup, also sitting on the table.  “All this trouble to come here to beat a dead horse?”  

“Yes.  You’re ignoring the level of access being the Enforcer will get you, and I won’t let you - ”

“- won’t let me?  You apply for the job then, if you’re so - ”

“- because greater access means greater back channels.”

“There’s no need for back channels anymore, Dominic! Jade’s been freed of the blood, New York’s been taken care of, St. Louis is safe, everyone’s happy, mission accomplished.  I’ve openly broken the rules for four hundred years by refusing to officially be affiliated with a coven and you think I’m going to jump from that to being embedded in the Authority at the highest level?”  Damon shot up in his seat, hissing that with all the fury he could muster.  Now he understood why Dominic chose a coffee shop.  To keep him from lashing out.  Or if he decided to lash out anyway, at least it was in another realm where no one would give a sh-t.  Wonderful.  Dark eyes sweeping first over the staff and other patrons, Damon shot Dominic a hateful look as he slouched back in his seat.  Defiantly resetting his feet on the coffee table.  “Go hunt.  You’ve clearly starved yourself to madness.”

The other vampire chose to let the silence hang.  He even took a sip of his coffee; though his grimace suggested he regretted it, he took a second.  An easy gesture to pass the time while giving Damon the chance to shake off his temper.  Hoping that if he waited long enough, maybe this conversation could begin anew.  “All I’m asking, Damon, is that you try looking at this through the teachings of your uncle.  The wise don’t make back channels when they need them.  They make them for when they’ll be needed in the future.”

“....god dammit.”  Head fell back against the chair with a soft thud, and Damon stared at the ceiling.  Damn Uncle Niccolo, damn Dominic, damn them all.  Saddling up to the Authority was the last thing he cared to do.  Minutes passed, ceiling tiles were counted, and counted again before finally he muttered, “I’ll think about it.” When his old friend didn’t move, Damon picked up his head to add pointedly, “I’ll text you.”

Dominic didn’t look confident about that plan.  “You’re going to think...here?  What if sh -”

"Shh."  Said with a dismissive wave and a wolfish grin that was begging to go unforgiven.  Getting comfortable, Damon turned his eyes up at the ceiling once more.  “They have such delightful coffee. Buona notte, fratello.”
Damon Fauci
Damon Fauci

Number of posts : 124

Back to top Go down

They Never Come for the Coffee  Empty Re: They Never Come for the Coffee

Post by -:|[ Titania ]|:- Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:38 pm

The sounds of her children playing together and not throwing a tantrum was rather awesome music to her ears.  Normally the kids did play rather well but sometimes poor Bas got so jealous because of Izzy getting abilities that he hadn't received that there was a lot of little foot stomping.   And Titania always felt bad because she did spend time to help Iz nurture her gifts she did not want her to be stunted or afraid of her gifts just to know when and when not to use them.   Currently she was sitting on her back porch a nice lemonade in her hand and catching up with her brother, John, when her phone started ringing.   She gave her brother a look, letting him know she had to take this call, but let's be truthful she took every call just in case it was something with  her business.

“Hello” She spoke into the receiver.  “Titania?  It's me, Sally.”  And well that was something so she would give a mental nod.  “Hey Sally, is everything okay?”  She thought to ask the Manager on Duty for the morning shift, and confused why the MOD would be calling her and not the store manager.   But she rolled with it. “Well....um....no.”   And Titania's brow shot upwards. “No?  What's wrong? Is everyone okay?”  The girl was beating around the bush. “Well, there are two gentleman, and I use that term loosely in the building, and the one, he just...his feet...his feet are on the table.”  And Titania almost laughed, because the girl was calling her about feet on a table?  So her response was very classic. “Did you ask him to take them down?”  I mean logic that right away!   But the voice that came back had almost a shake to it. “N...no.   The gentlemen look very distinguished and I don't think they understand English, they were speaking some weird language, and I...well wait one just left but the one with his feet in places they shouldn't be is still here.”  Okay so the girl was afraid. “Did you call Mary?”  And the voice, Sally, responded. “She said if they aren't speaking English she can't help and to call you.”  Of course she did, and because she didn't want her staff upset, Titania thought. “Okay, I will be on my way in a couple of moments.”  Which got a relieved Sally saying, “Thank you so much.”  Before the call was hung up.

Titania looked to her nanny who shooed her knowing it was work and she would have to go, her nanny really was a godsend and she hoped her brother didn't mess with the nanny's feelings but oddly enough John seemed smart and didn't look to mess around that tree.  “I have to go to work, Sally is freaking out about guys not speaking English and feet on the table.”   And well it was his choice if he followed and hopped into her jeep or not that she went to after kissing her daughter and her son.  She had not shown any weary or fear or anything but a nuisance to have to be going in on her day off.  Not that she really took days off but this one she did and this one she couldn't have because some guys speaking a foreign language and freaking out the staff.   Damn men, always causing issues one way or another!  

The drive whether John did or did not go along with her was not to bad, it was pretty quiet though, and if John had traveled with her they would have light conversation about the fact she had to go in merely because her staff was in a fluster about a man with feet on a table and not thinking he would understand them.   But what can you say it's hard to find good staff that is not intimated by “gentlemen.” of course if she knew that they had ordered coffee she would have called her employees dolts, but she didn't.

Once she pulled into her spot at the parking lot of Starbucks and got out, she looked around the outside nothing really stood out, not saying it would but really not at all.   So she gave a light shrug of her shoulders before entering the building, and as soon as she did the staff was all so obvious with the nodding their heads towards the 'gentleman' they had referred to our using their eyeballs that Titania had to choke back a laugh, by the way they were acting like cats on a hot tin roof.   Though that did get her attention, and she moved in the direction that they were all urging for her to go.   And when her eyes landed on Damon, of all people, she did laugh.   “Why if it isn't Damon … it's been years.”  She of course remembered him, not sure if his memory would stretch to include her in it, because she figured his life had been full of adventure, as had hers only hers was rather regulated to this small area and the most adventure was making sure she had enough of everything for the twins.   But she looked him over, “And now I know why my staff was so afraid to come ask you to remove your feet from the table.”  which had a impish little tilt to her lips as she spoke the words.
-:|[ Titania ]|:-

Number of posts : 336

Back to top Go down

Post by John Asher Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:09 pm

John looked towards the kids as they were playing in the yard not far off, he had just been playing with them but needed a time out for a break, and when their conversation was interrupted by her phone he made no mind about it and looked towards the kids once more. Grinning idly at the kids and half paying attention to his sister on the phone until she asked if everything was okay and what was wrong. Looking over his shoulder towards her he was listening to any cues on the partial words he got from the phone and his sister. But it seemed okay as her tone settled and he looked back to the kids, however when it was evident that she needed to go in, it seemed like a good reason to tag along. Never mind the fact the cute barista from the other night was around, he could enjoy another free sample of that… ahem.

Hearing she was going in he nodded to her and hopped up, moving to grab his wallet and phone he smiled to the kids and patted both their heads before he walked off with her mother and hopped into the Jeep with her. However, he was good with the conversation on the drive over, he wasn’t pushing she would give details if needed but it seemed interesting and he wasn’t much for sending his sister into the fire if he was capable of attending. When they pulled in he got out and sniffed at the air, nothing really stuck out to him which was probably good and when she headed in he looked around once more before he stepped in and the air held a distantly familiar scent not of a person but a species, but he didn’t place it and didn’t feel overtly threatened but when his sisters words chimed out he looked from the workers to where they gestured and looked over the man his sister seemed familiar with. He kept back a bit watching this with a look of curious concern, despite familiarity John wasn’t fully vested in the passive greeting between the two. He waited a few moments until he spoke up. “All good Sis?” he moved from where he was standing towards his sisters left flank looking from her shoulder to over it at the man she spoke with.
John Asher
John Asher

Number of posts : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by Damon Fauci Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:41 pm

True to his word, Damon fell into deep thought as he continued his staring contest with the coffee shop’s ceiling.  Perhaps that’s why the great unrest he was stirring among the shop’s employees was escaping his attention.  A shame, really, as he’d have found it rather entertaining.  Yet much to his old friend’s chagrin (but likely not surprise), the thoughts he was lost in weren’t in the name of carefully reconsidering the position within the Authority.  For a short time his mind stayed on that general subject, as he put his meticulous cunning to use to begin mapping all the other possible choices that could be made in his current situation, and the potential outcomes that could result from each.  Seeking, naturally, the one that would provide him with similar access to the Authority, similar opportunities for backchanneling, or both.  In short, a way to acquire everything they wanted without him having to become a part of the system to do it.

He’d always had deep-seated problems with authority - any kind of authority besides his own.  Bound to happen when a ten-year-old watches as his father is quite suddenly scapegoated by those he called neighbor, and executed for treason by the country that had decorated him until the moment they turned on him.  There was little he could do, back then when he was a child, but oh the things Damon had done ever since.  He’d made masterful use of the blood.  Which, in turn, made him so very attractive to the Authority.  What irony.

An irony he didn’t care to think about anymore.  So he turned his attention to the infamous and unspoken topics that had caused Dominic to hesitate in leaving him here.  Trains of thought that, should Damon choose to act on them, would likely keep Dominic from suggesting this realm as a meeting place ever again.  

With timing that only an oldest friend could manage, that sober voice of concern touched his mind.  Don’t let yourself get distracted, Damon.

Damon shared a look with the ceiling, quietly scoffing.  You chose here. I choose when I leave.  I said I’ll text you.  Whenever.  Nothing punctuated a contentious thought projection better than slamming the telepathic door closed right after it, and hundreds of mental skirmishes with Jade had certainly perfected that skill.  It’d take Dominic hours to jimmy that method of communication open again, if ancient man got lucky.

Irritated as the exchange left him, it came with fortuitous timing.  The vampire sat up - and yes, took his feet off the precious coffee table - just in time to notice all the not-so-subtle head bobs and gestures from the staff that were indicating his general direction.  Brow lifting, Damon had a hard time holding back the beast in his grin as a certain mischief shone in his eyes.  He hadn’t the faintest idea why sitting quietly with his thoughts had riled them up, but he certainly could provide them with a reason that would be a better match for the apprehension he could smell in the air.

Or he would have, had Titania not graced him with her sparkling presence.  His recognition of her was immediate; not only did Damon never forget a scent, he also never forgot power.  Hers had grown; he could taste it in the air like the bitter spark of a battery touched to the tongue.  He would have remarked upon it, had her news not caused him to laugh.  A brief, but captivating sound.  “Their hearts are racing over my feet?  Many have found me imposing, but I believe they’ve elevated my powers of intimidation to a new level.  Not that I’m complaining.”  His last words punctuated with a devilish grin, he reclined back in his chair and did not hide the curious study his eyes were making of her.  As she said, it had been a long time.  “And your staff now, is that so?  It seems congratulations are in order, bella strega.  Can I buy you a coffee, to celebrate?”  

The foul mood had plagued Damon earlier was nowhere to be seen now.  Distraction had found him, and he hadn’t even needed to get up out of his chair.  He did rise when her brother approached, however, it would have been rude not to and he was a man with lingering old world manners.  “And one for your brother?”  Offered to John with a questioning arch of his brow.  There was an unnatural depth and lure within the darkness of Damon’s eyes, but it wasn’t a power he was currently attempting to leverage.  He was simply taking Titania’s brother in, observing without comment.  Curious.  “I met your sister here, once upon a time, and she was kind enough to be exquisite dinner company before I drove her home.  We went to...Agea, yes?”  Gaze traded to Titania as he looked to her for confirmation.  
Damon Fauci
Damon Fauci

Back to top Go down

Post by -:|[ Titania ]|:- Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:08 am

John was good company on the way and she explained a bit more about everyone flipping out over feet on a table.   Really of all the things one could flip out over it was that.  But once they arrived and she saw nothing strange and they went inside, she was pretty sure that anyone who saw the workers and their nervous twitters and eye throws and head tilts would think that they had all gone mad.  Of course random people would be looking around, and wouldn't think that anyone of that size of the girl that walked in as if she could do anything.   But her brother followed in behind her, and over at the counter once she was done with the motioning the girl that he saw before gave a small wave of her fingers towards John.  

Once she did recognize whom it was she let her brother know she had this.   But she did address and smile towards him when she said his name.   And he was correct that power had grown, she had worked at it, harnessed what she could and continued to grow with it, she was not afraid of it she sometimes reveled in it.   She from what she remembered, laughter was not really commonplace for him, it was a rare thing and yet her staff had gotten one out of him.  Titania was laughing though hearing him.  “Oh yes, they called me at home to come in, because of your feet.”  Oh she had a grin, and she looked over her shoulder and the staff started to hop back into action now that they seemed less afraid that the 'gentleman' would harm Titania.   But she smiled and perhaps that smile had some pride in it.   “Thank you.”  She was rather proud of herself.   There was no bragging about it and when he said that and she chuckled.  “Because we all know you came back here for the coffee.”   She shot him an impish little grin, but she really had no clue what brought him to the places that he went, she didn't question when they met she wouldn't question now.

She felt when John came over to join, and Titania smiled.  “Everything is fine John.”  She responded by looking to her brother so he knew she meant it.   And then Damon was speaking to him and she was nodding in agreement.  It was as if the memory was washing over her, with having the kids and everything that had happened since their last meeting it was well a wave of nostalgia.  “It was the night that you, John, borrowed the car and couldn't get back here to pick me up.  I happened to meet Damon and we did go to Agea, one of the first nights it was opened, awesome food, before dropping me off at home.”  And Titania looked between the two men, “John, this is Damon, and Damon this is my brother John.”  There because it might have been delayed but the introduction had to be delivered.  

Back to top Go down

Post by John Asher Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:20 pm

John had listened to it all on the way in, he liked knowing what trouble he was getting into, as often as possible. Upon their arrival, he didn’t see anything out of the ordinary any more than she did, moving along behind her, and when his favorite barista waved at him he flashed her a smile and a wink. Oh, he would be texting her later thank you.

When his sister went to go, and take a stroll into the lion’s den he watched her from behind while she approached listening to the banter between the two, oh, he saw her look about oh I got this, he well, he was the baby brother and he would be the judge of that thank you. More so because of what he thought he was feeling from the other room, his eyes looking between the two until he approached and looked between them, hearing her say all was fine and give him that look to make sure he knew she wasn’t fibbing he nodded and turned his gaze towards the gent, “no thank you on the coffee. I appreciate the offer” he looked between the two and hearing about how she was kind enough, and then he listened to his sister back him up and his brow sort of arched slightly looking between his sister and this gent and then she finally remembered her manners and introduced him. “Uh huh, so, you want me to believe with as twitter patted as you are right now, and how casual the two of you seem to just… interact. I am to believe it was dinner, and then a nice casual drop off at the door? Uh huh, yeah.” He offered, he was mildly not believing her, but then again, his sister wasn’t one to enjoy a quickie, least he didn’t think she was.

John cleared his throat and looked between the two again, “so, Damon, was it? You in town often? I don’t think I have seen you here before…” yep, he was going into protective brother mode, and he had no idea why. Luckily, he wasn’t the arrogant prick most turned into, he was just trying to get a feel of this guy who seemed overly familiar with his sister. And by overly familiar it was actually a normal interaction for anyone else looking, he was a might bit sensitive with his sisters wellbeing. Family and all that.
John Asher
John Asher

Back to top Go down

Post by Damon Fauci Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:08 am

There was no doubt that Damon’s mere presence had an effect on people.  What he stirred depended on the person...just ask Titania’s staff.  Or Titania herself.  He flashed the stunning witch a charming grin, one that unabashedly put the sleek sharpness of his eyeteeth on display.  “I'll be the first to admit that I couldn't care less for coffee.”  Replied with a devilish sparkle in his eyes.  He was not one to hide what he was, not even back home.  Much to the chagrin of many who preferred that their kind maneuver about with subtly.  “Surely that doesn’t prevent me from buying you a cup?  I feel the need to do something...had I known your staff were itching to bother you on your day off I would've caused a fuss far more worthy of your attention.”  As opposed to merely putting his feet up on the table.

“Damon, yes.”  Smoothly confirmed for Titania’s brother, the vampire turned his gaze upon the man as he slid his hands into his pockets.  The casual act was a gesture of respect, a demonstration that he currently wasn’t looking to assert any particular agenda.  For Damon, lacking an agenda was rare - and exactly why he was in no rush to leave here.  “And no, I’m not.  It’s been years, but I find I have a hankering to stick around for a while.”  Looking out the front windows to the street, behind closed lips his tongue idly toyed with one of his sharp teeth as he thought about the possibilities beyond these walls.  “See if anything’s changed.”  Leave Dominic waiting.  Delay his decision regarding the position in the Authority for an age longer.  They’d asked five times, they’d obviously ask a sixth.  For the past few years Damon had been entrenched in coven politics and reluctant alliances to get all the necessary affairs to where they currently stood and deliver Jade out of the darkness.  Certainly worth a reprieve, no?

Things to consider later.  For now, he put his attention back on the siblings before him, looking amused.  “Titania, twitter-patted, really?  I’m flattered.”  He winked his brow at her, lips twisting into a goading smirk.  “While that may be, John, your sister does speak truly.”  He looked John in the eyes when he said that, Damon had always found little need for lies.  Tilting his head back, he studied Titania as he thought back on their adventure together.  “The night she crossed my path, I saw a woman who deserved far more access to the luxuries of this world than she had at the time.  I’m glad to see it has since opened up its riches to you, bella.  And your family talents - they have opened as well, yes?  The difference is remarkable.”  Back home, Damon had deep ties with a notable magical clan, the members of which he’d befriended and learned from since he was a boy.  Those who were skilled in the arcane were not to be trifled with...well, besides Jamison LeFey.  But that was a special case and another matter entirely.  
Damon Fauci
Damon Fauci

Back to top Go down

Post by -:|[ Titania ]|:- Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:48 pm

If she had known that it was Damon that was causing the disturbance by having his feet on the table she would not have thought a thing about it. Probably would have pointed out it's just Damon and to let it go. He had earned a special thought when he took her out for a night beyond her wildest imagination, letting her taste the other side if you will, and got her safely home without any expectations. Expectations seemed to be around every corner, and he had proved different, made him really stick in her mind. She felt her lips quirk into a smile at the fact he would be the first to admit that he couldn't care less for the coffee. But she gave him a smile. “As much as I appreciate it, I actually don't drink the stuff, which is hard to believe when you have twin five-year-olds at home that get into trouble at every hour of the day and night.” No there was not a ring on her finger any of them actually just so that wouldn't have given a clue.

Her brother would flirt with that little barista all he wanted, Titania knew that girl wouldn't give him what he wanted, she was a tease. But that didn't mean that Titania wasn't trying to figure out a girl for her brother, except most of her time was spent working, so that made things a bit difficult to find him a girl for when he was in town. She really was glad for it, and well she was but when her brother went into protective brother at times sometimes it was a bit much, not that she felt she needed protection from Damon if he had wished to harm her he would have had ample opportunity the first time they met. Oh, she knew that if John heard her thoughts he would be all, uh huh and Ted Bundy's neighbors thought he was a swell guy. Just going to toss that out there!

She was watching the words go between the two, listening and piping up when she should. And she laughed softly. “Wait. Pause. Back up.” She turned her gaze from Damon to her brother. “You think I am twitter patted?” Yes she was looking to him and she grinned to John after shooting Damon a wink. “I admit that Damon is easy on the eyes but John, being my brother, you know it takes more than a pretty face and some sharp teeth to turn my head.” Okay, maybe not always, but now now she was a responsible single parent. Wasn't he just saying how she needed to get out more because she was too responsible. But she turned her attention back to Damon and she nodded. “They have indeed. My daughter happens to share the same family traits, though it appears it only passes to females of the gene.” She wasn't sure if it would pass to any other than a first born because no one had had two daughters in her family tree that she was aware of. But then again maybe they had and the other just took the other out with magic, she wouldn't know, but it would be an interesting, there can be only one sort of moment.

Now she looked between the two men. “John is here on break from college for the holidays. And I am glad that you are gracing us with your presence again Damon, perhaps if you are in town for a while we can take some time and catch up, John has volunteered to baby sit for me. Although I am to try to find him a girl at some point as well.” Not that she would feel afraid to have Damon around her kids because he never gave her the vibe that he was going to eat them in t
he middle of the night, creepy vampires that go bump in the middle of the night mind you.

Back to top Go down

Post by John Asher Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:18 pm

John had joined them, he wasn’t trying to intrude, just very much wanting to ensure his sister was safe, though the interaction between the two would suggest they were acquainted with one another in a friendly manner. Hearing the man confirm his name, John nodded to him with an appreciative smile. John was listening as the man spoke about the fact that he wasn’t and hearing there was a hankering to settle for the moment his curious side shifted but he kept it on lock. He, however, turned his attention towards his sister curious of her thoughts on those words. “Well, in all my time here, I would have to say that, no. Not a whole lot has changed… though I wouldn’t be the most reliable to ask.” Yanno, given he was usually in school and what not.

Looking to his sister as she was all hold up, wait a minute. Only to have that confirmed by Damon a moment later, he shifted his gaze between the two of them and thought a moment. “Well, I mean I have been wrong before.” He shrugged it off, letting it go. Simple enough, though he was curious. Mind you, he wouldn’t lose sleep over it. His sister was his own woman, and he had no intentions of starting to try and tell her what to do with anything. He might be slow, but he wasn’t stupid. He continued to listen as they spoke back and forth insisting and reminiscing about how they met and what not.

So, there Johnny boy stood, looking between Mr. Tall Dark and Broodingly handsome and his equally beautiful in her own right and not in a weird way sister chitter chatter and it was an interesting conversation. Keep in mind College Boy has been surrounded by kids looking to take tests and get laid. Also, he might have phased out for a moment thinking about one of the projects he had been working on… the brain never able to focus. Hearing his name brought him back to the conversation and he looked to his sister. “My how quick that babysitting train came to town!” Grinning wide to his sister he looked between them chuckling. “Just let me know when” easy as that. However, he was beginning to wonder if perhaps his presence would be best over by the donut display.
John Asher
John Asher

Back to top Go down

Post by Damon Fauci Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:15 pm

John’s report regarding the area had turned the vampire’s attention out the window again.  A pensive nod his first reply.  Damon’s words catching up a moment later, dark eyes trading focus between the siblings.  “Yes, change is often slow to show itself on the surface.  But beneath, there change moves like a pendulum.  Sometimes back and forth several times in a single day.  Decisions undone as quickly as they are made.”  Was he still talking about what had changed around town?  Likely not, and his next words were cryptic at best.  “There was a light that was in danger of being extinguished when I was here last.  My hope is that it found means to shine again once the darkness that shadowed it went away.”  Not hard to guess that said darkness was him.

Damon rose his brow when Titania used the matter of coffee to spill the news that she had children.  His gaze briefly dropped to her hands, a quick second check to made sure he had not missed that detail the first time he had looked her over.  For Damon, the rearing of children was one of two reminders that while everyday occasions like conversing in a coffee shop might make it seem like the lives of vampires and mortals were not so different, in truth they were.  Death was the other reminder, naturally.  It shouldn’t be surprising that Damon found death a lot more interesting than children.  The Authority didn’t offer the role of Enforcer to a vampire who liked playing Peek-A-Boo.  

“But not hard to believe because you manage a business with coffee as the primary commodity?”  Yes, that was Damon teasing her for dropping the ‘c’ word so suddenly.  His amused smirk only growing.  “Well, if humorous images on the internet are correct, if not coffee apparently there’s a good chance that mothers enjoy wine.  Perhaps a glass of that sometime?  I know a great deal more about wine anyway.  The vineyards of Villa Fauci are quite old, we’ve been bottling since…”  Looking between Titania and John, Damon reminded himself where he stood.  A literal world away from anyone who might know of the events he was about to reference.  A smooth shrug followed.  “Well, I won’t bore you with a history lesson from an entirely different realm.  Suffice to say the Faucis have been bottling wine for a long time.”

Dark eyes settled on John then, Damon flashing the man a brief grin.  “Rest assured I’ll take her somewhere local for a glass, when the time comes.  I wouldn’t want the babysitting train to derail you from returning to school.  What is it that you’re studying?”  He’d heard Titania when she said the magics were only passed through the females of her line, but that didn’t put an end to Damon’s unspoken curiosity about her brother.  There was something there, and sometimes innocuous questions bore fruit.
Damon Fauci
Damon Fauci

Back to top Go down

Post by -:|[ Titania ]|:- Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:15 pm

She was watching them a moment, but that was normal to take it all in when you had two males in the same area. Of course, her brother was important to her, he always would be, they had been through so much. And Damon and she got along rather well, swimmingly in fact when they had been in contact with each other. John was normally in school now, and she was hoping that things worked out well.

Yes well, it had been a while since they had caught up and she had just let it out that she had the kids. And well no when he looked again even though she wouldn't realize he was looking he would see no ring, no mark of where a ring was that was just off for some reason, just no ring. Oh come on, it would be perfect one moment the Enforcer is playing peek a boo the next he is taking someone out. Multitalented!

When John admitted he had been wrong before she smiled to her brother, because he was one of the few, that she knew would admit such, maybe just to her and Damon but he admitted it. And nothing had happened between them, but a friendship if you will, because he had been a vampire in a shining sports car, that showed her a few things, all g rated.

She felt her lips twisting up into a smile when he said if not coffee than wine, and that was one of those things, she didn't do it often but after she had tasted her first glass she couldn't even tell you what color or flavor really it was she had liked it, though. And she was nodding about the whole wine thing and she listened to him. “I would like that.” Going to get a glass of wine sometimes, she might be wrong but she thinks the first time she had wine was with him. But she thought a moment. “Not thinking a history lesson would be boring, trust me learning new things isn't so bad. I mean John here is learning things all the time.” She grinned at her brother he was learning due to school.

She grinned towards John about that, the whole look how fast the baby sitting card comes out, and she smiled towards Damon when he said that whole local thing. And she was watching between the two of them when they were speaking of the schooling, and her brother had some things of interest as well even if his interest was different than her own.

Back to top Go down

Post by John Asher Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:42 pm

John heard him speak about the change and the beneath and he was listening, trust me he was, but at the same time he was also more than a bit confused and beginning to think they weren’t talking just about them anymore, but he didn’t stop him. Listening all the same as he had before he got a bit unsure of the direction of the talk. However, hearing him about the light he arched a brow. “Here is to hoping that is the case” a polite smile was given and he looked to his sister a moment to see if this made any sense to her.

John smiled to his sister as she spoke about his niece and nephew, his eyes looking between the two and still unsure of their interactions, but he was watching, and not in that stalker way, just people watching curious. His hues shifted however, to look upon Damon and his thoughts on the kids, and he wasn’t terribly readable, or at least to John, so he was unsure how the man felt about kids, though there wasn’t anything negative, so there was that right? Details, the devil was in them.

John continued to listen to the two of them as Damon spoke about the coffee, and his sister smiled. John wasn’t terribly aware his sister was big into wine, and he found it humorous how quickly it went from something simple like coffee to a night out with wine, but friends right? Totally. John would have smirked about that thought, but he knew his sister would catch it and he would be on the hook for having to explain why he got a poop eating grin at that moment. See, he could behave. In small doses. However, he was lost in his thoughts again while the two discussed the date they were planning to go on, and it wasn’t until his sister spoke about the learning and mentioned his name that he was pulled from his thoughts. He didn’t have the slightest clue what she said so he smirked. “Maybe” seemed totally safe. Let’s hope she bought it!

Damon’s flash of a grin caught John’s attentions and a humored smile filled his lips as he looked between the two. However, hearing him ask what he was studying John got a bit of a pride filled smile. “I am going to school for Engineering, more specifically Product Design. I enjoy having the ability to make my crazy mind come to life and create things that people can use.” Oh, there was something under the surface, but John wasn’t letting those clues slip. Nope, not after his sister’s initial freak out.
John Asher
John Asher

Back to top Go down

Post by Damon Fauci Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:27 pm

Damon returned John’s polite smile with a grin.  The elegant points of his eyeteeth an interesting frame for his next words.  “Hope has always been too passive for my tastes.  But your sentiment is appreciated - my time here is always well spent.”  To say the least.  He'd always found this to be a  fascinating realm.  One that managed to stir up vastly different things inside of him than anywhere else he’d traveled.  No small feat.

Indeed, the vampire was a hard one to read.  Smooth, charming, yes.  Beyond whatever words he cared to offer, however, and his artfully handsome exterior, one had a devil of a time trying to dig deeper.  So when he noted there was no ring on Titania’s finger, for example, there wasn’t even a flicker of difference in his expression as his eyes lifted back up to hers.  He merely filed the detail away.  It was a talent practiced and perfected for over four centuries, for good reason.  Yet another reasons the Authority was so keen to have him join their ranks.

“Then I will pick the location accordingly, so there might be a lesson.”  Proposed with a hint of a devilish smile as his dark eyes held her own.  In truth Damon had no idea what establishment around here would be suitable for an evening of experiencing fine wines, but finding such a place would give him something to do with his time while he remained here in limbo.  “As it’s been years since I’ve been here last, I imagine it will take me some time to get settled.  Perhaps I should give you my number?”  Not something he offered often, but what harm could it do?  Besides, it was always wise to have the digits of a talented witch.  A lesson he’d learned early in life.

Ah, the brother lit up when asked about his vocation.  And a fascinating vocation at that.  Damon considering that with a thoughtful nod.  “Admirable.  Far too many spend their time on subjects that look backward instead of forward, and then wonder why they perpetually feel stuck in time.”  Something he’d witnessed firsthand.  It didn’t matter the country, the century...that scholarly misstep never changed.  “Is there anything in particular that you seek to bring into being?”  
Damon Fauci
Damon Fauci

Back to top Go down

Post by -:|[ Titania ]|:- Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:18 pm

She was watching the two men, her friend, and her brother, as they all spoke, she did not want either to be left out if you will.   It wasn't that she was big into it, but she did enjoy a glass or two here and there and would prefer going to get a glass of wine with Damon over coffee.   Little known fact she would prefer almost any normal drink over coffee.  For some reason, her eyes would be drawn at times to those eyeteeth though she couldn't say why it wasn't apprehension it was probably because the man almost flaunted it, and had such a calm coolness about it that was pretty unexpected even here.  Though she had only ever been in this realm she heard of those that moved between and of other realms.

And well, John knew that Titania loved her kids, even if she had a hard time of it at times.  But look where she was now, two kids that were pretty much well behaved for their age, a business to bring in money, paying a nanny, she was doing pretty well.   She did brag about her kids at times too but well it had been a while so she did drop it.   Her mind knew that people often looked to her hand after speaking of kids, and she would expect nothing less nor would she expect a reaction.  She did not think Damon would judge her for having kids out of wedlock.  Or for thinking that she had found her one she was going to settle down with and live happily ever after.  

She smiled to Damon at that one.  “I look forward to it.”  She nodded bout that one, not going to lie she did look forward to it, and she wouldn't turn down hanging out with Damon.   They had a good time the last time so why wouldn't she want to do that again?  The feeling that John did not believe that nothing happened and that the two were just friends did settle in her, but she knew the truth, so she was okay with him thinking what he wanted.  Trying to explain that more than it had been would only make it appear as if it was something else.  Now, he was speaking of a bit of time to settle and she nodded.  “Sounds only fair.   I should also give you my number so you can reach me as well.”  It made the most sense did it not?   If she needed something before she could contact him and once he got settled and situated he could contact her.  She did pull out her phone, and unless he was looking for a sheet or a scrap of paper she would easily hand over her phone to him, she had nothing to hide, her lock screen had been undone which was of her two kids smiling.  Her background picture if he grabbed it was a male model with a nice upper body, nothing bad there, just a little bit of eye candy...that rotated she was happy when she found Michael Stokes pictures just saying, they came in handy on those long and lonely nights.

And she was good and pretty quiet while they spoke about what John wanted to do with his life, what he was going to school for, and that whole discussion, she knew it was her little brother's passion and Titania was glad for it to be really happening for him.  She was sure if he found something he loved he would excel at it.

Back to top Go down

Post by -:|[ Titania ]|:- Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:59 pm

They Never Come for the Coffee  Titani10

-{ Titania's Background Screen on her phone, for Pictures or it didn't happen.  At least a pg 13 one}-

Back to top Go down

Post by NotSuperman Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:00 am

It's a bird! It's a Plane! It's... Not at all who would expect. Contrary to his name sake, Clark Kent could not leap tall building in a single bound nor was he stronger then a locomotive. That said, he did have a few things in common with his name sake, Which would explain why the Sidhe man was currently running through the mysterious land of Rhy'Din at a speed that might slip the comprehension of most people. He was chatting on his phone as he jogged along. "You were not kidding. The talent here is way easier then it is back home... There was this one at a bar that didn't know what a Toaster was... Blew her god damned mind. It was awesome, I'll have to bring Kiesah with me next time... Good call... Yeah, no one here knows the reference, its awesome! Oh, they have Starbucks here as well. I'll have to call you back."

He slowed to a jog and then  ended his call. Slowing just as he entered the coffee shop. The sidhe man's glamour slid over his body like a ripple on the surface of a pond. Covering his colored skin in the light tan of a man who enjoyed his time in the sun.  His hair a dusty blonde color. He removed his sunglasses and flashed the room a dazzling smile.  before he stepped into the line to make his order, eyes downcast as he began to write a text to his dear sister.
NotSuperman
NotSuperman

Number of posts : 21

Back to top Go down

Post by John Asher Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:17 pm

John looked him over to his response, his eyes at times glancing his sister then back to Damon as he spoke, “well, there is that then” letting it go at that John was thinking about the man a bit, watching him here and there, catching the little nuances as they came. Even with all the flittering of his eyes between the man and T and the faintly awkward silence that momentarily descended and made John suddenly feel like he was walking in a pond he should be nowhere near he held back the urge to clear his throat and when the man’s voice lifted John was thankful for the break in the silence. Awkward!!

John listened to them plan their date, holding back a smirk, all the while trying to figure out this man who was charming his sister. He wasn’t sure how he felt about the man, he wasn’t uneasy around him and he seemed pleasant enough, but then again so did most of the serial killers. Most were very nice men, until they weren’t, perhaps that was it. John didn’t know but he watched the interaction with a curious eye and a feeling of something brewing in his brain, one thing John did know as he continued to stand there and watch them absently eyeball one another John was doing his best to contain humored grins at the way his sister acted even if it was little things. It was things he didn’t see her do often, and John was glad to note that this Damon fellow didn’t seem to mind the kids, not that it was up to him mind you, it would make things easier for T when…if things did go farther for the friends. Granted, this was just a brother watching, so his sight could be jaded, and he took any opportunity to harass his sister and this one was ripe with opportunity!

John heard the chime of the door and turned his gaze to note the fellow coming in, offering him a nod of hello should he happen to glance at him. Where the eff was that guy five fraking minutes ago? Could have totally used him as absent convo to leave his sister and mister tall, dark and rick alone for a minute and saved him the feeling of being in the way. A common theme as a little brother, didn’t mean he liked the feeling though, not that anyone could be blamed for it. Hearing Damon brought John from his thoughts and he couldn’t disagree. “I had to take a hand drawing drafting class, a lot of people didn’t understand why when they could do it faster on the computer. I found the ‘old fashioned’ way to be rather cathartic”. John had truly enjoyed that class, he had passed it with an A and had brought home several of his drawings to show to the kids and T. When Damon asked him if there was something he was looking to bring forth John thought about that then grinned. “I mean a lightsaber would be at the top of my list, but I think that’s a bit of a stretch” a chuckled followed his words before he looked between the two then back to Damon, “I often spend my free time just modeling random things, nothing in particular comers to mind of fascination now.”
John Asher
John Asher

Back to top Go down

Post by Damon Fauci Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:02 pm

Cutting through the aroma of coffee beans and pastries, Damon’s keen sense of smell alerted him that someone familiar just walked through the door.  Out of all the potential scents he’d expect to grace his nose in this realm, that certainly wasn’t one of them.  It was why the vampire shot a suspicious look at the line in front of the counter.  Providing him with all the confirmation he didn’t need, considering a scent never lied.  

“Of course.”  That was said to Titania, as his attention returned to her.  How convenient that phones had become a part of the conversation.  As he pulled his own out, it allowed Damon the chance shoot off a simple text to Jade:  What the hell is your brother doing in Rhy’din?  Typed and sent so quickly it hardly broke the rhythm of exchanging telephones - when Titania received his, she’d find it was already loaded up to a contact screen where he’d typed ‘La Bella Strega’.  All she had to do was plug in her number.  He was a quick one, that Damon.  

And he, of course, accepted her phone in return.  A smirk the only sign of his amusement at her background photo, with a few quick swipes he entered himself in as a new contact and then returned the phone to the main screen.  Whenever she checked, whether it was now or later, she’d find under name it read ‘That Handsome Vampire,’ and of course he’d entered his number.  Let it not be said that Damon didn’t have a sense of humor.  

His humor was likely also the reason for the nature of his reply to John.  “Is it?  Pity.”  While spoken with a disappointed tsk of the tongue, Damon flashed John a brief grin in return.  “That certainly would’ve been an example of the old fashioned being brought back to life by cathartic forward thinking.  It’s been centuries since I’ve watched disgruntled men pull out swords to settle a score.”  And lightsabers were just that, in a manner of speaking.
Damon Fauci
Damon Fauci

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade Stone Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:32 pm

It was a super lucky thing that Jade’s only purpose at this event was looking fancy, because she and Jamison had been here for almost two hours and she was still pretty much lost.  It had to do with the Accords, which is why there were representatives from all the different mystical bodies or whatever, she got that much.  And Adrian’s castle, she’d been here a few times so it was a familiar place.  But the speeches...the delegates all seemed to be trying to say nice things about everyone else who was here, but did they have to be so long-winded about it?  And formal?  All these lists of people, places, and events that had obviously happened a bajillion years ago were the worst history lesson ever.  She couldn’t be the only one that was like a second late each time there was sudden applauding because she had no idea why everyone was applauding...right?

It made the her buzzing phone her hero, giving her an excuse to sneak away.  Her grin at the knowing look Jamison gave her lingered until she walked past the delegation of vampires that represented the American covens.  The way they watched her shot a shiver up her spine; suddenly she wished she wasn’t taking this phone call alone.  After a quick turn down a hallway and another quick turn down into an empty room, a push of her will was all that was needed to cast a glamour that would make everyone who looked in her direction see nothing but a big old grandfather clock.  And while she was on the phone, her voice would sound like that clock ticking.  Take that, vampire jerks.  While Jade had been a mess of an eternal teen queen vampire, she was shaping up to be a pretty awesome finally in adulthood sidhe.  Which made sense, since the whole faerie thing had been in her genes since the beginning.  Even if it wasn’t until Jamison had sleuthed out where where her healing abilities came from that she’d found that out that the dad she grew up with was not her biological father.  

As it turns out her biological faerie father had also made a faerie son, and that’s who was calling.  “What’s up, butth-”  Cue Jade listening, because big brother started running his mouth off right away.  Took her a minute, to realize what he was talking about.  “Talent?  Wait, you actually went?  Without me?”  Huffing at that, Jade added an eye roll at the Superman comment.  Of all the rando things to be excited about, she always thought he took that name issue way too seriously.  “Hold on.  You’re in a totally other dimension or whatever and you’re going to a stupid Starbu - uuuugh!”  She blasted that sound of frustration into the microphone, but it didn’t matter.  Clark had already hung up.  And she didn’t even get a chance to tell him to be careful - he probably didn’t know what a mixed bag of crazy Rhy’din was.  Or maybe he did.  She kind of didn't remember all the details of the conversation they’d had about that world a couple weeks ago - they’d been baked out of their gourds and having pizza comas at the time.  

She was in the middle of sending him a temperamental text, but an incoming one cut her off at the pass.  Scoffing softly at Damon’s nosy message, she quickly typed back: Nothing important. He just wanted to be letchy somewhere where he didn’t have to hide as much. Because this is Jade we’re talking about, she was nearly through typing her long text tantrum to Clark when the implied meaning behind Damon’s words hit her like a ton of bricks.  Clark’s message abandoned, if only Damon could see Jade’s wide-eyed look as she texted him: Whoa.  What are YOU doing in Rhy’din?  She impatiently waited all of five seconds before that wait was too long as she added, Well?  Damon?  

“Crap.”  Mumbled under her breath, she erased the long-winded whatever she’d been writing to Clark and sent this one to her brother instead:  Dude.  Damon’s probably looking right at you.  Cue one big sigh that anyone near would just hear as a mundane ticktock.  Not a vampire anymore, but Jade's life was still so weird.
Jade Stone
Jade Stone

Number of posts : 94

Back to top Go down

Post by -:|[ Titania ]|:- Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:57 pm

Now that was a bummer that Clark Kent could not leap tall buildings in a single bound.   But the barista behind the counter didn't need to know that.  She would smile to the man next in line, after serving the person in front of him.  “Hello!  Welcome to Starbucks!  What can I get you?”   The menu was behind her, and well John was over talking to his sister and so she wasn't really able to flirt with him right now so she did her normal flirt and take a order, the girl worked hard for her tips.  She was smiling and perhaps he would catch a flirtatious little look if he happened to look away from his phone where he was doing who knows what, phones were soooo cutting into her flirt and tip time!

John may or may not pick up on something that his sister didn't catch, that would not be the first time, nor would she realize that her brother thought she was twitter-patted over Damon.  Or that he thought she acted different towards him then she had to others, and if he felt that way she was sure he would bring it up, hopefully not in front of the man.  And well yes some serial killers made the best father figures and neighbors.   Just stay on their good side!   Although Titania would know that her brother only wanted the best for her and to see her happy so if he was a bit over bearing at times be it now or later she would eventually see the light on why he was such.  

She almost turned to see who behind her back had her brothers attention and his but she had not she had instead unlocked her phone, she wasn't sure what to put Damon under so she let him do it himself, she figured he wouldn't pick something that made it impossible to find it.   Timing was working in his favor it would seem.    And well she didn't understand Italian it was something that when he did actually say words had her attention.   She did type in the number before  handing his phone back to him, without looking at anything, whatever was on his phone wasn't her business and she was good with that.

Taking the phone back, she had seem the small smirk that he had to have gotten when he caught her background screen, she was fine with that.   And she would look it at her phone when he handed it back while she said “Thank you.”  It would make things easier she had a small grin seeing what he put his name under.   It was a good sign that he had not changed from their first meeting, not that she was worried, he still felt the same.   She still felt relaxed and comfortable with him, even though there was something in the air she was trying to put a name too.

Her gaze would dart between Damon and John when they spoke, and she had noticed someone new at the counter, new people always stood out when the place normally had regulars, but it wasn't like he wouldn't get good service here.  

Back to top Go down

Post by NotSuperman Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:00 pm

"Wow, It really is a Starbucks..."Blue eyes were on the menu above the barista. Perusing the offerings before he lowered his gaze and met the eyes of the Barista." Sorry, I'll have a Raspberry Cheesecake Frappaccino..." He gave her his best grin, the dazzling smile that launched a thousand ships...threads on message boards all over the nation. His eyes fell to take in te young ladies features, and then when his eyes made their way back up her body once again he gave a nod."...And your phone number." It was then that his phone buzzed with a new text from his dear sister. " Pardon..." He stepped away to read the message."...Wait, what?"

"No shit... Damon!" Clark sauntered up to the Pow Wow near the seating area. Offering the group his brilliant smile. casting blue eyes from person to person, settling on the woman for longer then the other two. glancing down and then back up before he glanced back to Damon and gave the man nod, coupled with a wolfish grin. " Respect." Game recognized game afterall. "Hi, Clark Kent... Friend of Damon's Good to meet you. " He held his hand out to each of the people he didn't know. Each each in turn shook his hand, a general sense of ease built up within them. This new stranger, he was a pretty cool dude, they were both pretty good judges of character after all.
NotSuperman
NotSuperman

Back to top Go down

Post by John Asher Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:57 pm

John looked to the man as he spoke, his focus turned from him to his sister and back, occasional glances, perhaps even a flirty smile or two with the barista, and then back to watching the Flirting Games starring none other than his sister and her “friend” Damon. He believed they were nothing more than friends, it was the for now part he was waiting on. However, his attention followed the others and well yes, there was that guy. Mr. Superman who was slower than molasses and he didn’t know about the man’s strength and he wasn’t about to judge, not knowing what he knew now, and what people could hide. A few more silent curses to the man having not come in sooner and his gaze returned once more to Flirt fest Rhy’din edition. Hearing Damon mention that about the old fashioned and what not he honed in on the conversation again and shrugged. “Sometimes a guy just needs to hulk out, amiright?”

It was entertaining as all get out to watch though, his sister all damsel like without being in distress, and she was silent, and color this man shocked. There were very few occasions his sister didn’t say much, he was lucky enough not to let his draw flop open like it wanted to, how he managed it he never knew, and if his humor boat wasn’t floating already, the moment the other guy came over, well…. John caught the look, brazen and bold. Head to toe he watched this man price her up like steak served on a platter, and the humor he found in Damon and his sisters flirtations was quickly drained, his jaw tensed a bit and he settled his gaze squarely on the man and that look he shared with Damon, well John was a guy and he caught it… Composure remained, but his jaw was clenched a good bit and he didn’t realize it but here and there one of his hands would flex a bit into a fist then calm and when he realized it was happening it slid into his pocket to curb the habit.

Hearing the man’s name John just looked at him. “Like, your given name? You didn’t choose that one drunken night at Comic-Con? For real?” Despite all that John was still none to pleased about the ogling he gave his sister, and hearing the nerdy name beating him to a pulp wouldn’t bother him one bit. But, he was behaving, so bonus there, right?
John Asher
John Asher

Back to top Go down

Post by Damon Fauci Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:45 am

Indeed, it appeared that Damon had not changed.  He did adapt, however, quite often and with ease.  Such was required when you lived a life as long as his.  It was not long after Titania delivered his phone back into his hand that it sounded its alert.  Twice, in quick succession.  He knew who was texting him, and he was fairly certain he also knew what she was after.  And yet, the vampire slid his phone into his pocket without so much as a glance.  Focusing instead on Titania.  “Nothing to thank me for yet.”  Offered forth with one of his silken smiles, “But I’ll make sure our evening together will be worth your gratitude.”

It wasn’t until sidhe man slung that look at him that Damon turned his eyes away from the pretty witch.  Looking dryly entertained at the man’s overt display and commentary.  “Clark.”  Was not someone he’d spent a great deal of time with, but he’d certainly been in his presence enough to know that he, like Jade, was at times so very...American.  

Speaking of respect, Clark’s comment seeded a smirk.  “Indeed, you should.  Not only is Titania quite talented, she also happens to run this establishment.”  Game recognized game, no doubt, but Damon’s smooth extolling of Titania was an illustration of old world Italian charm versus modern American...Clarks.  “And this is John, her brother.”  The nod in John’s direction was more than Damon providing an introduction.  It was a cautious indication that perhaps Clark should take note of the effect of his actions on the man.  The Italian’s subtle way of trying to do Jade’s brother a solid.

Age old predator that he was, it was easy for Damon to spot tension in all its forms.  What fascinated him about John’s tension was that the clues added up to a rigidity that wasn’t a form of discomfort, but rather restraint.  A very interesting piece of the puzzle.  One he was mulling over when the alert on his phone went off a third time.  Again, it was ignored.  Dark eyes landed instead on Clark, to see how he’d receive John’s questions.  He wasn’t about to get in the middle of that one.  
Damon Fauci
Damon Fauci

Back to top Go down

Post by -:|[ Titania ]|:- Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:52 pm

The barista normally flirted with John when he was in there, but she flirted with many of the customers let's be honest here, it's kind of what she did.   So when the man was up to the ordering section she smiled to him, perhaps it was rather flirtatious, perhaps not, but it totally was.   And she smiled towards the man at that and she nodded about what he wanted.  “One Raspberry Cheesecake Frappuccino coming up.”  Even as he had that smile and she swooned, you know that whole dreamy look at him, as she repeated his order....and she was smiling when he had looked over her before he said that and she nodded when he stepped away.  Oh she had already placed the order, and the girl paid for it herself, yes she did as she took down a piece of paper and scribbled a number on it.  Was it her number, was it someone else's number, well only way they would ever find out was if the man called the number, right.  But the man slipped off so she would wait for it to get ready, and smile to help the next in line, her gaze drifting and noticing that the man was now standing with her boss, her bosses brother that she liked to flirt with, and  that man that her boss seemed at ease with that the rest of the staff was like in a panic tizzy over.  Oh yes, she noticed.

Titania had NO CLUE that John was like really...really....she felt something in the air but didn't get why.  She had a feeling that he was getting to feel like a third wheel with her speaking to Damon, but in her head, Damon was just being Damon, it wasn't like he was hitting on her.  Not an honest to goodness hitting on, it was more like a hey let's go do this and make a date of it.  But not a date date mind you.  And yes, she had not really said a dang thing but thank you for that whole time, she still wasn't overly talkative, but it was probably something about liking to hear Damon speak, it was...soothing.   When he spoke of nothing to thank him for yet, she felt her lips quirking into a smile.  “I have no doubts.”  She really really didn't.

And then the man joined, and Titania turned her attention from her brother and Damon a moment, to take in the newcomer.   She would take Clark's hand when he shook hers and she smiled towards him.  “It's nice to meet you, Clark.”  Why because her grandma put those manners in her, along with being a business woman she took a bit to get a bit off her own way.   She smiled towards that when he did introduce John as well because being the big sister, she always looked out for him when she could and Damon just was better than a lot of the guys she had seen come around because he wasn't rude.

Before Titania could say much else or even take in that the man had indeed looked her over, and how long had it been since such a thing happened, either being in a Starbucks uniform or lugging two kids with her, that just...well it threw her mentally maybe her little brother was right, even if she was an old hag.   But no real thoughts came because the lil barista came up, and she smiled towards the man that placed the order.  “Here is your Raspberry Cheesecake Frappuccino.”  And when she handed him the drink, she winked and he would see a small slip of paper with a name Jasmine along with digits for a phone to call, still who's number was it really?   And after he took the drink she turned and winked to John before she slipped back behind the counter.   And Titania shot her brother a look more out of curiosity m
ind you.

Back to top Go down

Post by NotSuperman Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:37 pm

"Thank you, gorgeous." Clark flashed the woman a fae grin. fingers grazing her hand when he took the cup from her, his touch would inspire thoughts of wickedness.  not really about clark himself, just in general.  It was a bit more fun that way if you asked him. He had no plans to call the woman but, whoever she had the pleasure of chatting up next time might find himself in for a hell of a night.  The Sidhe man took his delicious pink frothy beverage and pulled a nice long drink from it.

"John, my pleasure to meet you!" He shook the man John's hand offering him a winning smile. His touch brought about some thoughts of warmth. Clark was a good guy wasn't he? John had probably heard from somewhere that the dude was pretty cool. "Oh yeah, my parents were comedians... like literally.... They thought it was funny as hell. " He gave a nod  and held his gaze for a moment. John would find that beating clark to a pulp would be a fair bit more difficult then  he might initially think. Though clark was a mediator, he could see the tension the man carried and knew that a good joke always diffused tense situations. "You, should probably let that fart go though... I read an article that said holding it in that way could be bad for your health." Clark also fancied himself a comedian.   he could never get the kind of money his parents did for it though.

He held the man's eyes again for a moment, mirth twinkling in his own before he turned back to Titania. "Young , beautiful and a keen eye for business. Very impressive, I'll need to pick your brain as to how you got the franchrise rights to this place. You HAVE to be making a killing here..." I mean, Starbucks were always doing well.  He shook her hand as well, more warm feelings towards the really just all around awesome Sidhe man.

"So... Damon! What brings you out to these parts. Jade didn't mention I'd find you here." HE thought his sister had been holding out on a secret thing for him. But Damon was here to, he'd try hard not to be upset about that fact.
NotSuperman
NotSuperman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next