Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

{D} Morning Coffee

Go down

{D} Morning  Coffee Empty {D} Morning Coffee

Post by Delivery Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:50 am

It arrived at the time of the early morning rush hour service. It arrived with a man who had been coming to this particular Starbucks ever since he knew of its existence. It arrived with the man who had been coming to the Starbucks nearly everyday since the lovely coco skinned bartisita started working there.

Or rather....

It arrived with the man of the man who had been coming as noted in the aforementioned paragraph. He was not bringing it himself. Not yet.

Waited in line then up to place his order was this very non-descript and ordinary guy in a blue jacket blazer and bowler hat. He ordered a large coffee, black, with coco shavings on the top and when he paid the money was placed down on the counter and slid to the registrar. Something else was placed there too: a skinny brown envelop with Titania's name written clearly across it.

If the note would find it's way to the one to which it was addressed was left up to chance. Would the person working the register pass it along, or would they toss it because of some rule that said customers can't pass notes to employees?

That would be seen.

The man in the blue jacket blazer and bowler hat took his prepared coffee and went about his way.

Delivery

Back to top Go down

{D} Morning  Coffee Empty Re: {D} Morning Coffee

Post by -:|[ Titania ]|:- Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:12 pm

Perhaps if Titania was only still a average employee the envelope would not find its way to her. Perhaps if the boy behind the counter, was not the same boy that looked at Titania with hero worship, the note would of been passed over. But that was not the case. The case was the envelope would be given a once over, once the man was gone, and had his coffee and was moving along, he took it. He wasn't keeping it for himself, but he waited long enough before he would walk to the back. It was his break time, and he wanted to give Titiana the envelope.

The door that read MANAGER upon it would receive a knock. Not a simple knock but three small knocks. She had told them that she was inputting the inventory into the computer for corporate. Hearing the three small knocks she would stand up from the chair and come around the desk. Opening the door, she would give the boy there a smile, a harmless smile. "Hello...can I help you with something?" He would give a small bob of his head. "A customer just left this for you. I thought you might want to see what it was." Grinning, she would look to him. "Thank you. I need a break anyways from all these numbers." A small laugh, as she took the skinny brown envelope from the boy. He would give a nod of his head, a small blush, and he was gone for the rest of his break.

Taking the envelope she made her way to sit down back at the desk. She had one more page to input. She thought about it, then hurried and finished her work. Curiousity got the better of her, as she hit transmit on the screen. Taking out the letter opener, she would slide it to slice open the envelope carefully, before pulling out what was inside of it.
-:|[ Titania ]|:-

Number of posts : 336

Back to top Go down

Post by Delivery Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:41 pm

Inside was a note. Color of a coco cream steamer gone cool. The paper textured to feel of polished sand. Fine textile work it was indeed. What color ink did a person use on paper of this color and quality? Black? No. Blue? Certainly not. The color of the ink was silver. The type of silver that when printed on a textile with a color like this one stood out and gave the strokes their own singular shine.

Aside from that the paper was plain. The note, the note did have words that said the following:

Titania:
I know your name even if of mine you are unsure.
I love your coffee. I love your store.
I come everyday to drink in hopes that I will see a glimmer of your face.

For the longest of times I knew not what your name was so to me you were 'Coco'.
Like the color of your skin and the scent in the air. The extra addition on my morning coffee.

I can only hope this reached you.

Signed, {D}

And that was all there was.

Delivery

Back to top Go down

Post by -:|[ Titania ]|:- Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:07 am

She was not used to the quality of the paper that had been taken out of the envelope. The ink, the silver ink, caught her attention when it hit the light. A blink of her gaze as she smiled that was neat. Then she read what the letter said. It was indeed a letter, a letter written to her, someone knew her name. That was not a surprise she had a nametag for a while. And because everyone refered to her by her name out on the floor. A small pause, as she read the words. The person, whom could of been a male or a female, though one might hope a male would be so bold.

The letter did make her smile, she thought it was a nice compliment. And it gave the place business, someone coming in for a glimmer of her face. Now at first, she thought that maybe the envelope was from Xavier, but it wasn't. Tomorrow at work, she was going to wonder everytime someone came in, if they were the letter writer. The letter would be folded, and slipped into the envelope, she thought about taking it with her. But she decided against that, she might of just tossed it and put it out of her mind, but that wasn't what she did. Instead she pulled open the top drawer and slipped the envelope into the drawer, then she locked it. She had finished her work.

And out of the office she went, to see if anyone needed anything. She would not ask about the person that dropped off the letter, because something told her it wasn't the writer of the letter. Though when she came out she did have a thoughtful smile pressed upon her lips. She then walked over to the boy that was there a lot, said he needed the hours and had a whispered conversation with him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Delivery Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:38 pm

It was another morning. It was possibly two mornings or so after the man of the man had entered this particular Starbucks with the intent on getting coffee and delivering a letter.

On this morning, possibly two mornings after the first, there would be a repeat performance. Similar in script but varring a fraction small enough to not cause alarm. In his blue jacket blazer and bowler hat the man of the man waited his turn in line and when it came time to place his order, he did.

Large coffee, dark, chocolate shavings on top. When it was time to pay he handed over the money along with an envelope. "For your manager." As before it had her name written on the front.

The man would wait for his drink before leaving.

Delivery

Back to top Go down

Post by -:|[ Titania ]|:- Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:20 pm

It was the same boy, behind the counter, he made the drink without comment. The contents in the last envelope was not disclosed to him. But when the same man had the envelope, it would be taken, a nod of his head. He would give the man his drink, and the change. "Have a good day sir." He did not have to glance down to know that the envelope was for his manager again.

He would wait until the line had cleared, before he would take the envelope and walk to Titania's office. The knock, which was three short ones, would press against the wood. He waited, she had the day off the day before, and now that she was back it was as if something had changed in her. He did not ask questions. When he was told to come in, he did just that.

Setting the envelope down on the desk, she would nod to him, and he would turn and slip back out. It wasn't anything that needed words, he was smart enough to recognize the envelope and he figured she would be as well.

Letter in hand, she would take out her letter opener, slicing it once more, before pulling out what was in side, chocolate gaze looking over the contents.

Back to top Go down

Post by Delivery Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:05 pm

Inside there was another note. The paper was the same as before. The paper was different than before. This paper did not only have writing in the form of words but there was also inside the folded paper a wild clover. Not the three or four leaf one. It was the type that looked like a flower and it's color was white and deep purple with speckles of brown.

The clover was not pressed. The clover was slightly squished but it would be easy to fluff back to form. Now, the words.

Titania,

I write to you again with hope that it is received.

I saw this clover and I thought of you.
It is quite unusual for flowers (though some call them weeds) of this type to grow alone. Usually they are in collections of three or more. But this one. This clover stood alone in the midst of greenery.

Was it an outsider? No. It was the leader. The one that did dare to be different in the crowd and to do so with boldness. I say you are like this clover. In the conformity that is around it is you that stands to be different. It will take you far.

Signed, {D}

The note would end.

Delivery

Back to top Go down

Post by -:|[ Titania ]|:- Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:49 pm

It was a good thing that she did not squeeze the enevelope, that would of been sad for the clover. Thankfully the way it was opened the clover still was in good condition. Upon getting the fresh air, and with her lifting it by the base, and blowing lightly upon it, the clover looked no worse for wear. A simple smile touched her face, as she lifted the clover and put it in her pencil holder, sans any pencils.

Once she took care of the clover, she would read the note, which did bring a smile to her lips. This person it felt like they had gotten into her head. That was just silly thinking wasn't it? Every girl needed a little mystery in their life, and she was happy she had some. Once she read the note she would fold it back and slip it into the envelope. Putting the envelope in her top drawer, with the other, she would make sure to lock it before she left.

Was it wrong she was keeping the letters? She did not think so, they were rather harmless and they made her smile, and a nice little boost to her self esteem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down