Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Preparations

2 posters

Go down

Preparations Empty Preparations

Post by Gwendolyn Zoi Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:28 pm

She did not have much time to waste, she was leaving in the morning for a few days, but she had a few things she needed to take care of first. Thankfully she was able to check off the fact that her kitty/human companion was going to go with her. She was not hard to track down, and the way that Violet had reacted, it was as if she knew Gwen was not holding any grudges. Of course, Gwen wasn’t the sort to hold such, and those that knew the score were right on that. It was the second item on her list that she was working on now. Let someone know she was leaving, and chat with an old friend, that she felt she had been neglecting.

Gwen was easily distracted, it wasn’t her trying to be mean or even really forgetting, it was her attention being drawn in different directions or thinking on visiting at odd times. But there was no time like the present, and she was going to seize the idea while it was still in her head. Hopefully he was around, which he very well might not be, but she was going with the hope that he was.

Dressed in a pair of plain ole blue jeans that were not overly tight nor loose, the normal four pocket style, two on the front and two on the back, the legs flared slightly at the ankle. Black boots were just visible under the pant legs. A baby blue baby doll styled t-shirt was upon her upper body. A single silver necklace was visible with a charm of a guardian angel, also done in all silver. Her hair was worn loose today falling over her shoulders and cascading down her back.

A small breath was taken when she realized she had made it to Jamison’s room, and her hand, the one with the ring from Leo upon her thumb, was lifted and a knock was given to the door. And she would wait to see if he was in or not.
Gwendolyn Zoi
Gwendolyn Zoi

Number of posts : 300

Back to top Go down

Preparations Empty Re: Preparations

Post by TheWarden Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:36 pm

She would find that the Warden was not in his room when she knocked upon the magically enchanted door, there would be a different sound to the knocks, the sound of emptiness. As Jamison was not home, the enchantments that usually brought the sound to him regardless of where he was or what he was doing in his room, simply echoed through the emptiness of the room.

It would be from the stairs that she would hear his voice. in between the sound of his cane hitting a stair and he lifting himself up. Jamison walked with a very distinct limp on his right leg. favoring his cane as he slowly made his way up the stairs. Of course though, there where a few people who knew that it really was not a bad leg Jamison favored, but the appearance of having one. The Old man was a picture of good health, on par with athletes many many many years younger then he was. But, if an enemy thought him a feeble weak man. then well it gave him an advantage.

"Yes? oh, Ms. Gwendolyn; Good afternoon, to what do I owe the honor of this visit?" Jamison was actually not extraordinarily overdressed today as he normally was. he wore a light colored suit, which bore an athletic cut that fit him closely. and was made out of a rather light material. Having fore gone the large coat,one might notice the effects of Jamison's power ont he lights of the hall, starting with just a bit of flickering. there was still much work to be done on unsulating his new suit. While he spoke Jamison started to close the distance between he and Gwendolyn. offering her a smile, he didnt know if she would want to come in and thus would wait for her to tell him why she was around before entering.
TheWarden
TheWarden

Number of posts : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolyn Zoi Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:48 pm

Oh there he was! The flickering lights gave it away that he was coming. At least the bulbs were not popping at her. She had heard the sound of the knock on the door and almost gave up, but then like magic there he was! A smile split across her features as she moved to meet Jamison. She looked down a moment and then she looked back to him, her smile still was in place. "I haven't seen you for a while." It was very true..."and I missed my friend." She really had even if she had been filling her days with other things, she hadn't forgotten him. A pause, "I thought we could catch up..." She did think that they could and it would be a good thing. She would shift her weight from one foot to the other. Jamison was one of her very favorite people...even if his daughter had thought that they were well noontime friends.

Then she would beam a smile over to Jamison. "And I wanted to catch up before Leoet....Violet and I go on our trip." Her smile got bigger, "Leo invited me and a friend to come visit him for a few days...." The girl was a happy bubbly pot of joy. Exactly. She didn't know about Violet's crush on Jamison, but she knew that they knew each other, that came out and she was glad that Violet had someone to talk too.
Gwendolyn Zoi
Gwendolyn Zoi

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWarden Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:30 am

Jamison smiled and offered her a nod."indeed it has been a while, I trust you've been well." being that she was there to catch up, Jamison took that as a cue to go on inside. which is why he took a step around her and stepped up to his door, a palm placed on the wood, and an erratic flicker of the lights later. and the door popped open, and Jamison stepped within the room, and motioned her in."Please, wont you come in?" Jamison removed his jacket and was in the process of placing it on a hanger when she stepped intot he room, the hanger placed on a hook he placed on the wall,

When she mentioned her dearest little kitten by her human name Jamison rose a brow. "So, she did opt for revealing herself to you. I glad that she did, I'm certain that she will feel better as a whole because of it."Which was true, maybe Violet would feel better being able to live in her human form for the most part.

Jamison sat down in the one chair in the room, which was a rather comfortable arm chair. eyes watching Gwendolyn."That is rather grand, going off somewhere to visit a loved one. I do so hope that you ladies have a wonderful time... please, have a seat, would you like some tea?" he had a kettle that he had used magic to heat, and several assortments of loose tea.
TheWarden
TheWarden

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolyn Zoi Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:36 pm

She was about to answer him when he stepped around her and opened his door. Steps of hers would follow him inside, a smile, she was happy to see her friend. She did not have to see a friend that she was close to every day, she wasn't really that clingy, with her, she could go weeks or longer without seeing someone and fall right back to how she was with them before the break. Or she could see someone practically nearly every day and she would be happy with that as well. Life was a busy thing, but she didn't forget those she thought of dearly.

"I am doing well...how have you been?" She asked not because it was proper but because she was curious. "You don't sound surprised." A impish grin, she did have those, you know. "But I know that you already knew. She told me." She did she also told Gwen some other things too. But Gwen wasn't blurting those things out! Nope. She gave a small grin. "I think that is part of the reason why she is going with me. She wants to meet Leo. See if he's trust worthy." She knew that was part of the reason why Violet said she would go with her, it was still hard to remember her name was Violet, and she slipped often. Thankfully Violet did not hold it against Gwen, she knew it was hard on Gwen to do the name change thing. She still did not know whom sent Violet to watch over her, but she knew that's what the girl did and she wasn't going to hinder that.

When he asked for her to have a seat, she would, in the spot that was available, before looking to him. "Oh yes please, tea." She wasn't choosy on her tea, she liked tea for the most part. "Do you have sugar?" A small pause. "Yes...I didn't want to make the journey alone, so I am glad she's going with me." She also did not know how things were going to go, and it wasn't that she needed to be entertained but going to a strange place it was always nicer to have a friend.

Gwendolyn Zoi
Gwendolyn Zoi

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWarden Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:30 pm

Jamison's attention was on his work, setting aflame the bunson burner he used for his tea. A smile over his shoulder at her on hsi way to his bathroom in order to fill the kettle. " SHe did indeed tell me, lest I would not have known where your room was in order to deliver that flute." That was the day Violet had told him who she was. also the day that she made Jamison promise not to tell Gwendolyn.

The kettle was placed on the burner and he returned his attention to Gwendolyn."She hold a rather fierce loyalty to you Gwendolyn. you could not ask for a better companion during such a trip." Jamison really believed that. Violet had shown herself to be a most loyal friend to Gwen in their experiences together.

to her last statement Jamison opened his apothecaries chest and pulled from it both a bottle of honey and a small bowl of sugar, both of which had practical uses in potion making. " I do indeed, unfortunately though if you desire cream, we will have to step down at the kitchen. refridgeration does not often cooperate with me."
TheWarden
TheWarden

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolyn Zoi Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:45 pm

Oh! Now Jamison made perfect sense! She never wondered how he knew where her room was located. She didn't realize that someone would of had to tell him for he had never been to her rooms. A small face was pulled that he may or may not of seen at the mention of the flute. "From the bad person that was mean to my kitty...." Now she paused a moment. "Or rather my friend." It still was hard for her at times to remember that her pet was now her companion.

She felt her lips curving upwards into a smile. Speaking about Violet it made her happy because the girl was a good friend from what Gwen had been able to tell. The fact that Jamison agreed made her feel that she had thought the right thing. She knew she wasn't the best judge of character. She had been told that a time or two. "Yes! I didn't want to go alone, and I thought if she went with me...she's already proven to be a good friend." Her smile never wavered.

When he pulled out the honey and the sugar, she would perk up, she was one that liked things that were supper sweet. Her head made a negative motion. "Oh no, cream isn't sweet enough to add to tea." She had tried cream on its own without putting it into anything and the taste of it did not agree with her. Perhaps she had tasted bad cream but either way the girl was adamant on that fact. "Is there anything new with you?" She was very talkative but she was curious how her friend was doing.

Gwendolyn Zoi
Gwendolyn Zoi

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWarden Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:15 am

Jamison listened to her words, he most certainly remembered that bad man. For all he knew the young man was not a bad man. just a wylde fae that thought he could sneak a gift in on an unwitting human girl.

Being british he rose a brow looking back when she said cream wasnt sweet enough for tea. and opened his mouth to speak out on that fact but he stopped and offered a nod, simply offering her cup a spoonfull of honey before fill both cups. adding sugar and a bit of honey to his own before lifting both cups and offering her one, taking a seat across from her.

"Nothing terribly, I'm afraid my life is rather uneventful" He brought his cup to his lips and took a nice sip." My patrols have been thankfully bland... I feel rather at ease that attacks are not often in this small city... it is a rather refreshing change I can tell you."
TheWarden
TheWarden

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolyn Zoi Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:31 pm

In Gwen's mind that made him a bad man! Bad! But then again a lot of men out there were bad, but she had only come across one so far, but she had been protected for the most part.

She was like a little bee, and she liked the sweet tasting foods, not that some creams were not soft, but some had that odd taste to them as well. Now if he had ice cream it would of been something totally different. She had a softness for ice cream, but really who didn't? She took the cup carefully from him, a smile up to Jamison. "Thank you."

She let out a soft laugh. "That could be good?" She spoke with a question in her tone, before giving a nod of her head. "That's a good thing right? That the patrols have been bland?" Not that she knew that Jamison was patroling but she was always the sort that had the curious brain. "What sort of attacks? And your careful aren't you?" It was more of the hint of worry, because Jamison was a teacher of sorts for her, and he helped her poor confused mind.

A soft smile upon her lips, as she lifted the cup upwards, taking a nice long sip of the tea. Grinning when the cup was lowered. "I like the taste of honey." She could pick out the taste, it was not something that was easy to hide. You should of seen her face the first time someone gave her a small pot of honey, it was like Winnie the Pooh had grown in the form of Gwen. The sticky stuff was everywhere but she was happy.

Gwendolyn Zoi
Gwendolyn Zoi

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWarden Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:18 pm

"You're most welcome." a polite smile and a nod offered to her thanks. the odl wizard leaning back into his couch and bringing his cup of tea to his lips for a sip. savoring it a minute before swallowing, eyes on his cup. another nod and eyes went back to Gwendolyn.

"Oh, yes of course it is... while I find myself most often bored to tears. I would rather be that then busy, as it is the latter would mean people where in danger. And , I assure you I am most careful." a pause to take another sip form his tea.

"It most certainly is a wonderful taste, especially with tea." was his response to that last statement. it added a nice level of flavor, rich and complxes tastes to accent he already robust flavor of Jamison's tea
TheWarden
TheWarden

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolyn Zoi Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:25 pm

While he spoke she would give another nod of her head, she was paying attention to what he was saying, not just paying a lip service. She wouldn't know what that was exactly. Being the sort that spoke what was on one's mind, was a good thing, at times. "I am glad then." She was glad that they were bland and that he was bored to tears if that meant that no one was being attacked. "Are you on the look out for magical beings that wish to do harm?" That part still wasn't all clear to her. Before she felt her lips tugging upwards again. "Good, because I would miss you." She would miss Jamison, she might not visit as much as she really should, but she would be greatly saddened if something happened to him. She relied on him.

A bright smile, as she lifted the tea cup upwards, blowing on the tea inside the cup, before sipping. After the swallow her hand holding the cup would lower, instinctively the pinkie was pointed out, though she did not realize such a thing. Lifting her hazels gaze up to her friend. "I am a tad nervous about such a long trip...what if I were to get sick on the traveling? It has been so long....since I traveled in such a fashion." Normally she walked, unless she was summoned by her mom, then she was more like poofed. A gentle shrug of her shoulders, as if she thought she was just being silly. "I am sure things will go smoothly." She might even look like a little kid on Christmas morning right before they got to open the gifts.
Gwendolyn Zoi
Gwendolyn Zoi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down