Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

What the....Where did East LA go? (Open to all)

3 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

What the....Where did East LA go? (Open to all) - Page 3 Empty Re: What the....Where did East LA go? (Open to all)

Post by Cocina Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:15 am

The young elf was completely flustered and it showed with the color that was rising up on her cheeks.. A stark pink against the pale of her skin and the blue of her hair was sure to stand out as she looked from the men who looked at her like a breakfast food. The guy behind the desk - who had been behind it before he moved to give her space - his stomach even growled at seeing her! The other guy made her conscientious about her hair and her hands went up to run her fingers through the edges as she went to place behind the desk.

"I work with Armandeus in the Kitchen." Came her soft reply, still eying both men and the female before her eyes diverted downward. Timid she was. "I am new, but I am not food." Just to make that clear. She didn't need either guy thinking that they could take a bite out of her. And she was relatively new, having been hired about a month ago she hadn't gone much outside of the kitchen but she had been asked to check out things at the front desk and so, here she was.

The young elf looked nervous as she took out the ledger. She was right there and yet they were referring to her as if she couldn't hear them. "My name is Cocina and the only rooms left are without the bath." She knew for she had flipped through the book and acquired the information.

Cocina

Back to top Go down

What the....Where did East LA go? (Open to all) - Page 3 Empty Re: What the....Where did East LA go? (Open to all)

Post by Speedy ~n~ Gonzales Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:33 am

((I am beginning to feel as if I have a curse on this character. LOL I am so sorry all, my computer crashed to the floor and it did not take a licking and keep on ticking. Hopefully, things will go well from this point on?))

Speedy heard what Kyra said t Connor and busted up laughing. "Oh man, she got ya with that burn." He kept laughing for a bit while Connor went off t do whatever it was he was going t do. Speedy figured it was letting Gonz in.

Then Kyra started t talk t him again. She didn't know what a cartoon was? Wow, this place was going t be full of surprises. But Speedy took a second t try t explain cartoons t her. "There's these people, an they draw real good. They take an draw like the same character like a million times, an each time they move it like the space of a hair. It takes like a thousand drawings or something just to make this character take a step. So like once they have all these drawings made, they like flip through them or take pictures of them. Then when you look at the flim, it is like watching these drawings walk an talk an stuff. I think most of it's done on computers these days though, so it doesn't like take a week to make a character say hi." He wasn't sure she understood. But it was the best explanation he could give. His numbers mighta been a bit high, but who knows.

He thought about it for a second and then smiled. "I can like try t draw you a cartoon. It won't be nothin fancy or nothin, but like a walkin stick figure or somethin. Maybe while we get our grub on?" He liked the idea of tryin t draw a cartoon. He hoped Kyra would like t idea too.

Then he looked at Blueberry Muffin. She said she worked in the kitchen and that she was new. But she added that she wasn't food. That was strange t Speedy, why would she say something like that? Maybe with her pointy ears she could hear better an she heard their stomachs? "Oh, sorry, we wasn't, well, I wasn't tryin t make ya think you was food. I don't, well, I do eat ... " He shut up for a second. Chica was already blushin. "I'm not gunna eat you." There, that worked. He hoped anyway.

So now she was lookin at the book an talkin 'bout the rooms. "Cocina? Really? Sister, was your mom one of those psychics or somethin'? I mean, she named you kitchen an now you work in one? Did you pick a kitchen t work in cause of yer name or was it just a coincidence? Either way, that's awesome. An I am lovin your blue hair too. It's cool that there's no bathroom in the room. If people don't want t see my junk in the shared bathroom, then they don't need t look. High School and Jail don't have no private bathrooms neither." At least not the showers in High School, they had private toilets. But no private bathrooms period when it came t jail.

He smiled at Kyra, hopin that she wasn't gunna bail on him now that she'd heard he'd been in jail. After all, how else would he know 'bout the no priovate bathrooms in jail. Then he looked back at Blueberry Kitchen. "So yeah, uh, where do I sign or do I sign or what's up with that? 'Cause I am gettin so funky that I don't even want t put up with myself, so I figure Kyra here's 'bout t puke. She's been smellin me all mornin." He was so ready for a shower. And he knew that his pup could use one too. So he wondered if he could sneak him in there once Connor brought him in.
Speedy ~n~ Gonzales
Speedy ~n~ Gonzales

Number of posts : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocina Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:45 pm

{i'm sorry, miss kyra, for passing by you i merely want to get this man a room so he can continue.}

If they could have seen her feet behind the desk then the show would have been of Cocina shuffling her feet back and forth. The name Cocina was easy enough for the people of this land to say, it was the one she was given anyway and she didn't have another - there were the ones the kids called her...these people here were not the first to refer to her as a food. Blueberry muffin....

Thinking about her mother the elven girl lowered her head and eyes back to the book to make a mark on the line and set the pencil in the book. Then she turned it around to him and still spoke in her soft voice. "There are personal care items, cloths and towels provided for use in the communal room so you don't have to worry about providing your own." As well as a place where used ones can be placed so that they can be picked up and sterilized.

"If you would please sign your name where I have marked in the book," Cocina said as she set the key next to it, "you can go about your way." He was being given room 116.

Cocina

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:43 pm

(No problem...was waiting to see if someone else was going to post first.)

She stared at him as he tried to explain to her what a cartoon was and blinked understanding but not understanding at the same time. Her face lit up as he mentioned trying to make some of the drawings for her too see. A grin passed her lips as she spoke and a hint of excitement in her voice.

"Really?? That would be cool to see."

She had stepped away just a bit because he was right his funk had been getting to her but her will not to hurl on him or anyone else was overpowering her senses at the given moment. And after all she wasn't necessarily surprised about the jail thing, lets just say given what he has told her about his life where he is from she can see how he would have ended up there at some point.

She spoke up again as he was getting the key to his room.

"At least you don't have to worry about clothes for the moment and get those burned....I mean sterilized."

A quick innocent grin crossed her lips at that and she tried not to laugh but couldn't help it and laughed anyway.

"How about you get settled in your room and I will meet you in the bar over there. So when you get done we can get some food. Or if you are tired you can always get some rest instead and have food brought to her room."

She had pointed to the bar and then turned back to him waiting for an answer to see if that was how he wanted to go about things or if after his shower he wanted to get some sleep. Either was ok with her and if he chose to sleep she would head on home and get some food but she was leaving it up to him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedy ~n~ Gonzales Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:00 am

((See, cursed. This thread has a curse on it. LOL))

He smiled when he saw her face light up. So she liked the idea of him drawing a cartoon for her. He would have to try his best then. Blueberry Kitchen turned the book and put down a pencil for him to sign with. Johnathan "Speedy" Janez was scribbled in the space that was marked. "Don't tell no one the name, k?" Asked of both chica's who were there. Cause he didn't know if Kyra could see it or not.

As he was signing his name, Gonz came running in and sat down beside Speedy. Once the book was signed and the key picked up he looked at Kyra. "I think in this case, burned is a good idea." He smiled at her as he leaned down t pet his pup, who had finally quieted.

He looked back at Blueberry Kitchen. "Cocina, could you ask someone to burn these threads for me please?" See, he could totally be polite. Then his attention was back on Kyra. "Over there?" Pointing t where he thought she was talkin about. "Yea, after I scrub up and find somethin t put on we can totally hook back up over there fer somethin t eat. I am starvin." He could still hear his stomach growling, and it wasn't just 'cause Blueberry Kitchen was there smellin all sweet.

Another look t Blueberry Kitchen. "Thanks fer helpin me out. I hope ya have a good day. And I'm sorry if I offended or upset ya." He gave her his best smile before he stepped back from the desk. He returned his attention to Kyra again. "Ok, so this common shower place, it's at the end of the hall? Connor's instructions were a little confusing t me." He hoped she knew where he was supposed t go, if not, he would turn around and ask Blueberry Kitchen if he could catch her before she was gone again.
Speedy ~n~ Gonzales
Speedy ~n~ Gonzales

Number of posts : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocina Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:20 pm

Watching with wide-eyed anticipation, that's what she was doing as Speedy scribbled his name on the book. It was exciting to her - it was her first signing! Seemed like it as some sort of important occasion or something, surely the tingles she felt when he wrote were because of that and not because she could feel the magical energies that were coming off of the book. Right?

Sure . . .

When he was done she took the book and turned it around so she could read it, Cocina wanted to know his name since she had been absent during his introduction. She saw the three names and could only assume that he wanted to be called by the name he put the special markers by. "Thank you, um, Speedy." Seeing the dog she made a notation about him having someone else with him before she shut it and put it back where it went.

"If you would, since you don't want your clothes?" He said they should be burned. "Put them in the laundry basket in the Common Bath and they'll be taken care of. I'll tell Miss Aybara that you need clothing." Perhaps she could do something about him needing clothes.

"I must get back to the kitchen," Cocina said, "the Common bath is up the stairs and at the end of the hall. Enjoy your stay." If there was anything else that he needed to know it would have to come later for Cocina had curtsied and was on her way back to the kitchen to finish the food with Armandeus.

Cocina

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:23 pm

(It is not cursed...I'm still here...-grins- )

She had felt something but couldn't quite get a feel of where it was coming from and she was pretty sure there was nothing to worry over. Hearing what he said about the name made her curious and sneak a peek before the book was turned away and a grin passed her lips as she whispered.

"No worries your secret is safe with me...Jo...I mean Speedy."

She laughed a little knowing she wouldn't have said the whole name because he asked them not to tell the name. Although she wasn't sure why he didn't it was a nice name but she left it alone for now. Looking to the woman behind the desk she spoke again.

"Thank you for help Cocina, don't know what we would have done without you coming along."

She was being sincere and her smiled showed that. Looking back to him and the pup she confirmed the plan at the moment.

"Ok so I'm headed this way and you head that way and take your time. See you when you later."

Not waiting for an answer she petted the pup and headed off to the bar and found herself a cozy place to sit and think over some options and ideas she had rambling through her head while she waited.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3