Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

What the....Where did East LA go? (Open to all)

3 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What the....Where did East LA go? (Open to all) - Page 2 Empty Re: What the....Where did East LA go? (Open to all)

Post by Guest Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:52 am

(Yay on the cast but remember she will still have to take it easy. And no worries.)

She blinked at how defensive he seemed over that word and she did understand what he was meaning but he would learn that in this world it's the same thing and she had a feeling it was the same in his world. Well maybe a little different but it all had the same result. Lucky for him she got what he was meaning and decided it best not to hit anymore nerves on that subject. She nodded and spoke again trying her best to say what she had on her mind without judging.

"I get that but wouldn't it be a better thing not to have to worry about.....catching a case as you put it?"

She stepped back just a little unsure of how that was going to go over but the questions were there and she wanted to understand more. It wasn't everyday that you met someone from another place. At least it wasn't every day for her.

Back to top Go down

What the....Where did East LA go? (Open to all) - Page 2 Empty Re: What the....Where did East LA go? (Open to all)

Post by Speedy ~n~ Gonzales Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:27 pm

Speedy heard her words and looked down with only his eyes. He blinked rapidly, like he was thinkin ‘bout somethin. He kept this look for several minutes. But then his heavily lashed brown eyes looked back at her. And with a completely straight face he spoke. ”You know what? I had never even thought about doin nothin else with my life. My pops was a thug, and his pops and uncles b’fore him. I didn’t even have t be initiated. I was a … What they call it? A legacy? Yea that’s what I was.” That thought made him smile slightly.

But then his expression changed. He pressed his lips together and twisted them in a kinda funny way. He looked up and off to the side with his eyes. ”You know, you said something ‘bout everything happenin fer a reason or maybe I was here fer a reason or somethin like that, right? What if I’m here ‘cause it’s my chance t do something different?” It was the only reason he could think of fer why he was here and not at home. Maybe he was s’pposed t learn somethin.

He tipped his head t’wards the Inn so they could start t move again. ”But if that’s what’s up, what good is it gunna do me if my boy is gunna come up the same as I did? In the same house, with the same peeps around. My boy is gunna be the next me.” That thought made him a little sad. If he was here t make his life better, why would he not have gotten t bring his boo and their baby boy with him? He thought ‘bout that as he walked t’wards the Inn. Gonz was walkin with him. He wasn’t sure if Kyra was comin or not, though she was more than welcome. He kinda didn’t want t be alone, an right now, she was the closest thing he had t a friend. Well, her an lil dude. He had a feelin that he might be spendin a lot of time with them. Well, less he made some more friends while he was here or they didn’t want t spend time with him. It was always up t them.

(Say what you will ‘bout mother-in-laws … My furture M-I-L is a God send. She got tired of her baby girl calling her 50 times a day and came down today to stay with us. She told me to go spend some time doin whatever. And I get to go back to work too. Woooooooo. And this was the top of my whatever list. Wink )

Speedy ~n~ Gonzales
Speedy ~n~ Gonzales

Number of posts : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:38 pm

Kyra nodded in understanding and she did understand what he meant and also the excitement that may bring to him. However, it didn't make it the way he had to live his life anymore. She wasn't sure just how to answer about his son and his girlfriend but time would tell if it was to be that they would find their way to these lands like he did. She spoke calmly but in a friendly way.

"You never know maybe your girlfriend will find her way here before he is to come into the world and the three of you can start new here. There are plenty of places to find work. It all depends on what you like to do besides the other stuff."

She smiled hoping he wouldn't take her too seriously on that last part. She continued to walk with him as she enjoyed the company.

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedy ~n~ Gonzales Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:19 am

Speedy listened to Kyra as they walked. As they stepped up onto the porch he stopped and looked lost in thought again. "Yea, maybe she might find her way here. Doubt it though. I mean, come on, what are the chances of that happinin?" He reached for the door. His pops had raised him righ when it came to chica's. He opened the door fer her as Gonz laid down. He was used t not getting t go into places. But he did whine 'bout it.

He scratched his head as he waited fer her t enter. "Far as workin goes, ain't never done a days work in my life. I have no clue what to do fer a J.O.B." He wasn't even sure he had any skills, let alone how t use 'em.
Speedy ~n~ Gonzales
Speedy ~n~ Gonzales

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:31 pm

Oh how she would enjoy not working but it's a part of who she is and always has been. It's almost second nature now and even more fun now that she works with her family. She walked into the inn as he held the door for her and with a smile she spoke again.

"Thank you, and you never know I mean you did come here from seemingly out of the blue. As for work I know someone that can use an extra pair of hands as long as you don't mind getting dirty and being hot."

She laughed a little as a few options came to mind but for now it was time to see about getting him a place to get cleaned up and sleep or whatever else he wanted to do. She walked toward the desk and looked back to see what he wanted to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedy ~n~ Gonzales Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:06 am

Gonz waited outside as the two of them entered the building. Dogs might not be welcome after all. Speedy listened to Kyra, making sure the door didn't slam shut behind them. Dirty and hot? "Well, uh, tht would depnd on what kinda dirty yer talkin about there Kyra." He could think of ine kind of dity that would get him hot, but he didn't think he could take his clothes off for a parade of women.

He follwed her as she moved towards the desk. When she looked back, he was about three or four steps behind her, because he had made sure the door didn't slam shut. But he was catching up. He shot her a smile that was almost cheesy. But it was real enough. He didn't usually give that smile to just anyone.
Speedy ~n~ Gonzales
Speedy ~n~ Gonzales

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:59 pm

A crafty little smile crept to her lips as she had some pretty intriguing thoughts but him removing clothes for women wasn't one of them. She had other ideas but for now she turned to ring the bell and waited to see who showed up to help. Kyra only assumed he would want help getting a room with him being new and all. Turning back to him a moment she still held that smile.

"Oh I will let you in on that in time but for now lets see who answers the bell here. I'm sure you will want to get cleaned up and some food and probably sleep too."

She did appreciate the company and by no means was she trying to ditch him but knew in time he would want some time to himself.

"So any type of room you are looking for in particular. They have all sorts here and they are nice."

She was new once herself and knew it could be overwhelming with so many choices.

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:40 am

It was probably to the benefit of the young man that De'Ryanna had not been at the desk when he entered into the Inn. Partially damp as he was from being doused in water in the stables and the state of his clothing would have had her shooing him out towards the door so he wouldn't drip over the floor. As it were she wrinkled her nose as she came out of the Meeting Hall and saw him, her nose already catching the smell of him and not liking it. Kyra, she was fine, it was the man she was accompanying.

No attempt was made to hide the disgruntled look on her face or how she was The way some people took care of themselves she would never understand. Oliver had been that way, when he had first arrived he had grim caked into parts of his skin but she was quick to take care of that and she would do the same to this man if needed.

Apparently, Kyra's sense of smell had gotten use to that of the young man for she seemed completely unaffected.

"Welcome to the Tel'Ranaemyn Inn, what can I do for you besides direct you to the showers?" De'Ryanna's hands were clasped down in front of her and resting against the full skirt. If this guy had plans on carrying on any business inside the Inn - even if it were only to get a drink at the bar - she would have him cleaned first. She settled her face into a practiced calm as she looked between the two of them.

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Number of posts : 566

Back to top Go down

Post by Connor Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:05 am

At a trot, Connor popped around the corner, still vaguely sweaty but otherwise stink-free. Trust me, dude would know if he smelled. He did catch a whiff of those thrice-accursed stables, though, as well as of the young woman he had met so many weeks back. Kyra? Yes, that was it.

Regardless of all of that!

He skidded to a halt, throwing up a half-hearted salute and grinning. "Stables mucked, horses watered, curried, fed, and watered again....and I gotta tell ya, that one black one in the back has one more time to kick me before I bite him! Er....sorry. Hello again, Kyra, and you..." He stopped, looking to the young man with Kyra. "..I don't know you, do I?"
Connor
Connor

Number of posts : 72

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:13 pm

Kyra gave a smile to De'Ryanna and spoke but she wasn't going to answer for him of course, she was confident he could that for himself but she wasn't going to be rude either.

"Hello De'Ryanna, it's good to see you."

Hearing a familiar voice and what he had to say about her horse made her laugh a little and a bit embarrassed at the same time. For the life of her she couldn't figure out why in all of Rhydin her horse would want to kick at him and it sounded as if it hadn't gotten any better. Looking toward Connor that same smile stayed.

"Hello Connor, it's good to see you again and he is just trying to be friends is all, I'm sure of it. What other reason would he have to want to kick at you?"

She stood there letting everyone get acquainted and all. As for her sense of smell she was trying her best to ignore it but she knew De'Ryanna was right he did need a shower and some fresh clothing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedy ~n~ Gonzales Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:01 am

Speedy listened to Kyra as she spoke of this job she had in mind. Or rather didn't speak of it. She was going to make him wait fer it. Instead she spoke more of food and drink and rest and cleanin up and all that junk. Which was cool. He was feeling rather funky.

So they got t the desk and she asked him what kind of room he wanted. He grinned wickedly then answered. "Oh, you know, ginormous bed, walk in closets, bathtub big enough for ten plus me." He laughed. "Na, I'm just playin'. I guess whatever ain't gunna cost me my whole hundred." He was worried that he wouldn't have enough money to pay fer a room and food.

As the chica came out from the other room, Gonzales started scratching at the door wantin t get in. The sound of wood bein peeled by dog claws got Speedy's attention and he turned t look at the door. His eyebrows came t'gether as he looked at the door. Then he looked back at Kyra. "He ain't never done that b'fore. Wonder what's up?" Then he looked at the chick that was comin up t the desk.

Chica looked like she was about t hurl or somethin'. Then she spoke, an her voice was so clear. She was, what do they call it, well spoken? Ye, she was that. And she made a crack about his funky ass needin a shower. His let hand moved to the left side of his face and he cupped it like he was hidin his mouth from whomever was to his left. His right hand made a fist and moved forward across his body and out as his left foot swung upwards. As he did this move, which was normal for him and his homies, but might look odd t these peeps, he spoke. "Dayum, homegirl gunna just dis a brother like that and call him out on his funk?" You gots huevos mamma. I'll give you that. But ya, I think a shower and maybe a washing machine might do my funky ass some good. But hey, all I gots is this Benjamin." He pulled the bill from his pocket and waved it.

It was then that this other dude showed up. Speedy looked over at him and stuffed his bill back in his pocket. He listened as everyone spoke. Then the dude asked him if he knew him. But Speedy almost missed that cause he was lookin at the door again. Gonz was still scratchin t get in. But Speedy snapped back and looked at the dude. "Na man, you don't know me. Not unless you been t Compton lately. An if that's the case, can ya tell me how'd ya get there so I can get home t my boo? Names Speedy, the pup tryin t get in fer some reason is Gonzales." He held out his right fist for a knuckle bump. His hands and face were pretty much the only parts of him that were clean. And as far as drippin on th floors. He was done drippin. He'd dried a little outside. He might have one or two drips left to drop, but that was 'bout it.
Speedy ~n~ Gonzales
Speedy ~n~ Gonzales

Back to top Go down

Post by Connor Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:21 am

"Speedy, right. It's cool, bro." Fist-bump in effect, of course. Hey, he was a fast learner! "I've never been to Compton, but your friend outside seems to want in something fierce. Want me to go talk to him?" He was, as it turned out, being very literal. Canis familiaris and canis lupis shared enough genetic markers that communication was fairly easy. Well...for him.

All he could do was smother a chuckle at Ryan's cool and calculating assessment of the situation. "Maybe I can help out....the washers are down the hall, and the bathing room is not too far off. Just follow the scent of...oh, never mind. It's right around the corner...but dude, take my advice and steer clear of the black bottle with the funny markings." He stepped closer, and in a conspiratorial yet loud-enough-to-be-heard stage whisper, spoke again. "Makes you smell like I fruit loop, nome sane?"

He sneezed as he stepped back, waving a hand in the air. "Bloody late night television. That stuff rots the brains, I swear it. I'm serious about the black bottles, though, man. I used it the other day and I'm still smelling like a girl." As if that explained it all, he turned back to Kyra. "Yeah, he likes me so much he wants to see what color my brains are....he doesn't seem to think I'm serious about biting, but ya know, one more kick to the noggin and I might have a little accident..." He trailed off, chuckling. "You have nothing to worry about. Besides, horses taste terrible. Worse than human....worse than boots, even."

Oh yeah. "Hey, I'm headed that way, so if you want to settle on a room, I can show you the shower. The door, bro, the door. I'm an odd person, but I ain't that kind of odd." He grinned there, obviously making a joke. Well...hopefully obvious.
Connor
Connor

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:18 am

With the words coming out of Connor's mouth, De'Ryanna could only look at him a moment with a raised brow and was taken back. He dared to just intrude on what she was doing to give the man instruction? Wrongful instruction at that. What were those black bottles he was reffering to anyway?

The communal bathroom was on the First Floor because many of the rooms there had no bathroom of their own. While the Inn did provide towels and the basic bar soap, nothing was in bottle. Perhaps he had a run in with a product left there by another member.

No attempt to reach for the Ledger was made, instead her face smoothed to it's mask of serenity and she tipped her chin upwards as her hands were clasped down in front. It was one of her looks that accompanied the icy tone that came with her words.

"Clearly my presense here is not needed," the coolness of her voice mocking the serenity on her face. "as you are in the hands of Connor. Misdirected and Ill-informed as they may be."

That having been said she looked over the three that were there, she had no problem with Kyra, it was the two males."Make sure he signs the book before he goes wanderng around the inside of the Inn," De'Ryanna said as she started walking away. "And cleans. The same goes for you, Connor. Kyra should be commended for having to put up with such."
De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by Connor Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:42 pm

He growled softly, catching her arm as she tried to pass. "Nah, you and me? We're gonna have us a little chat." With a firm grip, which she could break if she chose, he sought to lead her around the corner, where they could speak a little more privately. Once there, he turned, staring into her eyes. "You don't have to be a jerk all the time, you know. I was trying to make the guy feel at ease...where's the harm in that? As for the black bottles, I think they belong to your brother, so if there's a problem there, you should speak with him."

A moment passed, wherein he was seeking composure. "Look. I don't like being talked down to. You already know this, so I have to ask. What's with the verbal jihad? What the hell did I do to you to deserve being spoken to in such a manner? The guy's confused, clearly not from anywhere around here, and in need of a place to clean himself and put his thoughts in order. And you, by the way, are way behind on your lessons. It's time you got back to work." He crossed his arms, staring her down, and waited. He was, of course, expecting her to lash out at him again, but sooner or later, she would figure out he was not her enemy. Sooner or later.
Connor
Connor

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedy ~n~ Gonzales Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:48 am

(Yea, I was a kinda waitin on Kyra, but since you posted again Connor, I have to change what I was thinkin I was gunna post about her leaving, so I will go ahead and post.)

Speedy would have had no clue that homeboy meant literally when he offered t go speak t Gonzales. "Yea, sure homeboy, if ya think you can get him t chill. I know he don't like bein left out an all, but he's actin kinda crazy right now. Ain't never seen him act up like this b'fore." It was not like his pup to act out at all.

Then the dude offered up the directions t the washing machine and the showers. That was cool. He just had to get checked in with the chica, which he could do while homeboy talk'd t Gonz. He even shared the 411 on the black bottles. "Yea, I feel ya homez. Don't want to run 'round smelling like a chica man. Oh, no 'fence ladies. But us dudes, we ain't lookin t smell like no fruits and flowers.' Another fist bump offered for the info.

Dude turned t Kyra and offered up some words a wisdom 'bout her horse. Which made Speedy laugh a lil bit. Though, he was a lil curious 'bout how dude knew what the difference in taste was 'tween a horse, a person, and a boot. But hey, to each his own.

So dude was gunna be headin the same direction as Speedy, after Speedy got his room. He even offered t point out the showers an the washers. Very cool. "Yea man, thanks. Oh, an the pup's name is Gonzales, you can call him Gonz if ya want. Can't figure out why he won't chill out there. So if ya still want t go talk t him I'm gunna let this lovely mamacita here check me in, then we can head t the rooms." Least, that was what he thought was gunna happen.

Gonz was still raisin hell outside the door, scratchin somethin fearce, when Speedy turned to talk t Kyra for a sec. "You want t meet me where we was gunna eat after we get me checked in? I mean like after I shower and stuff. 'Cause like, I could meet you after. Unless you wanna join us walkin t the laundry and stuff. I don't wanna leave you hangin and waitin ya know?" He looked at the door again for a sec. If he could let him in, he would, maybe then he'd hush up.

But b'fore Speedy could get an answer from Kyra, b'fore homeboy could go talk t his pup for him, the chica behind the counter had somethin t say. Speedy listened t her and leaned his head back like he was backin away from a wind in his face or somethin. She seemed t be a pit pissed, though he wasn't sure why. Her voice didn't sound pissed, but her words sure did.

Speedy opened his mouth t say somethin, but she was turnin t walk away. An just when Speedy was 'bout t move to get in front of her an ask her t stay, Connor, that's what she called homeboy, snatched her and dragged her away t talk t her. Not wantin t get involved in that lil tift, Speedy turned t Kyra again. He didn't speak too loud, he was figurin that Kyra could hear him if she was still standin there. "Dayum, I know my ass be funky an shyt, but do I really stink bad 'nuff t have t be all 'bused like that? What'd I do?" Yeah, he was a lil confused.
Speedy ~n~ Gonzales
Speedy ~n~ Gonzales

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:46 pm

She was standing there and before she could say anything De'Ryanna was walking a way and now Connor was having words with her. Looking to Speedy she spoke answering his second question before she could even think to answer the first one.

"I'm not sure what's going on there. I'm sure it was just a misunderstanding is all and she will be back in a moment. But yeah after you get cleaned up we can meet in the bar over there for something to eat."

She pointed to where she was talking and a thought hit her that may help or may not.

"I can see your funds are a bit small at the moment so if you need a job I know where you can get one and the boss is pretty cool so I hear anyway."

No she didn't tell him where or that she was the boss or anything like that but she thought it might ease any tension about money he might have or what not. Plus if he was going to be around here for a while he was going to need more than what was in his pocket.

Turning her head hearing the dog still scratching she looked back to him and waited to see if De'Ryanna and Connor were going to come back so he could check in. She thought worst case scenario she could check him in but she didn't want to step on anyones toes and all.

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:16 pm

( sorry for the hold up everyone)

Connor clearly must have received too many kicks in the head to have spoken to, and treated, her in such a manner as that. She repressed the look of shock on her face to settle with a simple raise of an eyebrow that smoothed over almost as soon as it was made. De'Ryanna did in deed move her arm out of his grasp and as he spoke to her she stood a bit taller and made to look down at him even if he was the taller between them.

It was time she got back to work? "Since you are incapable of minding your own duties and business you can take care of the man at the desk," she said, repeating what she had told him as she had first left the desk. There were other things for her to do and if someone else wanted to make nice with newcomers who smelled bad enough to make her nose hurt then she would let them.

As for talking down to Connor? She had done no such thing unless he considers that to be telling him to clean. She had passed the duty on to him. He was the one who physically grabbed her in public and made to pull her away. In her mind her actions were civil. "If you can't handle it I will send someone else." How will she know? Thus were the mysteries of the Front Desk.

He could cross his arms and look at her like a tempered youth all he wanted to but she wasn't going to retaliate to his pleasure. De'Ryanna side stepped Connor and headed away for a second time without another word and no look back to the man and Kyra who were at the desk.
De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedy ~n~ Gonzales Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:55 am

((Sorry about the wait, I was waitin on Conner, but I guess he forgot about us. I figured I would post again now because I didn't want to get so lost in the shuffle that there was nothin left for me to play.))

Speedy was catching some of the exchange between Connor and the chica with the tude. He looked back at Kyra again and kinda arched his eyebrows and shrugged his shoulders. "I like the idea of meetin back in the bar, but I think we just kinda got stuck here and left t handle up on stuff ourselves. Um, is this place like the drama capital or what? I've caught glimpses of soaps with less drama." He wasn't sure what they were supposed t do now. He thought maybe the chica with the tude had like done something to Connor cause he hadn't come back to the counter yet. And she obviously wasn't goin t help him. She stormed of with a, surprisingly polite, chick fit.

Kyra mentioned a job. "I ain't never had a job b'fore. Don't know if I would even be able t do it. Is there like training or somethin? Maybe even paid trainin?" He knew he'd probably need a job. He just wasn't sure he'd be able t do anythin without bein trained.

He looked around with only his eyes. Didn't want Kyra t think he was not payin attention t her. But he didn't want her stuck doin someone else's job cause of some chica's chick fit over a guy offerin t help a homeboy with his pup and findin the showers. Seein no one around, he wondered if anyone was goin t come back t the desk and help him and Kyra out. But while they waited, he could always talk t Kyra. She was good people and he was likin talkin t her.
Speedy ~n~ Gonzales
Speedy ~n~ Gonzales

Back to top Go down

Post by Connor Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:37 am

[Sorry for the delay!]

Connor watched Ryan walk off with her back up, shaking his head. Wondering if he'd ever get women figured out, he rounded the corner and headed back to the common area. "Er..sorry about that. What were we doin' again? Oh yeah...you need a room and a shower, not necessarily in that order."

He stepped behind the desk, looking for something to write with, and came up with a handy pencil. Handy as in 'oh look, there's one right there'. After a moment, he had the ledger out and was writing some scribbles that would, honestly, most likely only be legible to him. "So, Speedy...wanna room? I think I can figure the exchange rate for your currency, given time." He wasn't going to come out and say oh, I suck at math or anything.
Connor
Connor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:32 am

Kyra couldn't help but laugh a little and wonder the same thing that Speedy was about this turning into drama capital. She thought this was a good idea but was beginning to wonder what was going on around here and why De'Ryanna was acting the way she was, at least in her meetings with her it was a first. Sighing softly she answered Speedy.

"No worries, I hear the owner is pretty cool to be around and I'm sure they will teach you something. As for it being paid, you would have to discuss that with the owner."

A grin crossed her lips as irritation filled her eyes when Connor did come back finally. It was mildly in her voice as she spoke.

"If memory serves me correctly he shouldn't have to pay anything right now but will when he leaves. Which is a good thing for now. Gets to keep his money for now."

She stood there to see if the rules had changed that much since she last stayed there and also to make sure Speedy got the help he needed before she moved on to the bar to wait for him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Connor Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:31 pm

Twitch! What was this, chicks versus dudes day? "Yeah? Huh.....I wouldn't know, since this is my first time trying to check anyone in. Besides, I settled my tab ahead of time by agreeing to work in the stables. So....yeah."

After a moment, he looked back to Speedy. "What she said, bra. Hey, chicks and dudes, steel cage match, I dunno. Seems like they've got it in for me today. Well, no worries. Why don't you let your friend in?" Of course Connor would put the canine companion on equal footing. "I'd like to meet the little guy."
Connor
Connor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocina Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:56 am

She was coming up quietly behind the group that was at the Front Desk, long pointed elven ears sitting out from her long light blue hair that contrasted with her pale skin. Her hair went all the way to her waist and it was interesting to see that when she was still the hair gave the slightest movement of its own as though a personal subtle breeze wafted along the tips. Yes, she was an elf and she had come from the direction that De'Ryanna had left - the kitchens. The apron around her waist looked wrong with the blue toga-style apparel she wore.

Footsteps were silent even though she wasn't trying to sneak up on them - it was just a consequence of being an elf: light feet - and her head was slightly down and hands down in front of her nervously fiddling with said apron.

"H-hello. I was told you may be in need of help?"

It was a soft voice. It was a shy voice. And with her came the smell of warm blueberry pancakes and fresh fruit. She did come from the kitchen.

"Mister Connor, Sir," with a nod given to him before looking at the rest assembled there.

Clearly she knew what she was doing right, but had she always been a part of the Inn, or was she new?

Cocina

Back to top Go down

Post by Connor Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:05 pm

Mister Connor? Sir? Er...whoa. That's a new one for him..."Er, well, yes, I'm Connor. What can I do for ya?" His stomach rumbled at her scent..no, he wasn't going to eat her, he had simply skipped breakfast, and the scent of pancakes reminded him of that. "Sorry....I kind of missed breakfast this morning. Are you new, or...?" He trailed off, not really knowing where to go with this.

After a moment, he'd give her a nod and a smile, stepping aside and waving to the ledger. "If you know what you're doing, feel free. It looks like someone wrote the entire thing in Sanskrit to me." It could have been in English, Common, French, or any of the other languages he was taught, but noooo....today was make-things-tough-for-Connor-day. He stepped away from the desk, clearly relieved at the stay of execution, and walked over to the door. "Sounds like the little guy wants to come in. Shall I?" His hand went to the doorknob with a questioning look shot toward Speedy.
Connor
Connor

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedy ~n~ Gonzales Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:09 am

Speedy nodded t Kyra as she spoke more of the job. As he listened, he started t wonder if she was either in real good with the owner, or maybe she even was the owner. He was just about t test that out when Connor returned t the counter.

He listened again, this time t Connor. His moms would be proud. She was always telling him that he needed t listen once in a while. Well, he figured that here he had no choice. He would be lost without these peeps and he wasn't about t piss em off and chase em away.

Speedy was about t pull the hundred from his pocket again when Kyra spoke up fer him. He was supposed t pay when he left, that worked fer him. Cause what if he'd eaten more than he had money for er somethin? He liked the idea of pay b'fore ya go away. And for once, the thought of skippin out on the tab never even crossed his mind. He wasn't at home, fer all he knew, a dine n dash could get a homeboy's head chopped of or somethin.

So after Connor and Kyra finished their verbal tennis match moment, Connor issued a challenge. Chica's V homeboys in the cage. Speedy shook his head an laughed. "Na dude, you is on yer own with that one. I only got one loca on my case, an I don't even know what I did wrong. But I think one's enuff. 'Sides, my pop's would have my head if he knew I'd taken on a chick." Speedy laughed some more.

But didn't he hear somethin bout lettin Gonz in. "Hey, yea man, thanks. Wasn't sure pups was allowed inside or not." He started t turn t go get Gonz an let him in when he smelled somethin.

Blueberry pancakes and fresh fruit. Speedy turned right back 'round. Then he rubbed his eyes and blinked a few times. He kept watching the chica that'd come from the area where the hot headed mamacita had gone. He leaned t his side, Kyra was still there, right? An he whispered out the side of his mouth. "Am I loosin it or is her hair blue? She smells like blueberry pancakes, and has blue hair, so is she like the real life Blueberry Muffin from that Strawberry Shortcake cartoon my cousin's watch?" He was rudely staring.

Then he noticed her ears. All he could think was 'And what big ears you have Grandma.' And how he managed t remember all this shyt was beyond him. It was just comin t him. He forgot that he was 'bout t go get Gonz from outside. He was just confused by the blue haired chick.

He didn't even notice Connor tryin t figure her out too. But he did notice that she made his stomach growl as well. Speedy put his hand over his stomach and half laughed, rather nervously. "Sorry, I uh, kinda ain't eaten in a while either. No idea how long it's been." Then Speedy managed t pull his eyes off her and looked t where he hoped Kyra was still standin.

He was waitin t see what Kyra may or may not say in response t him if she was still there. Then he heard Connor again. When he looked up from Kyra, Connor had moved t the door. He was gunna let Gonz in. "Oh, uh, yeah man. It's all good. Like I said, didn't know." He knew Gonz was still tryin t get in somethin fierce an he had no idea why. But if they was gunna let him in, who was he t say no?

Then he looked back at Kyra, then to the blue haired chica. He guessed the quiet one who'd just showed up was gunna check him in. At least he was hopin so. An that meant that Kyra didn't have t do someone else's work. Which worked for him. Cause if the chica with the tude and bailed an Kyra had been left t do her job, that wouldn't a sit right with Speedy. So now he was just waitin fer someone t check him in, well still waitin.

Then he had t figure out what he was gunna put on while he showered. Well, after his shower anyways.

Speedy ~n~ Gonzales
Speedy ~n~ Gonzales

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:04 pm

Kyra's lips curved into a slight smirk as she stared straight at him after the comment about the steel cage match. A mocking laugh and a tone that was a bit irritated and held a slight growl to her voice.

"You couldn't handle going against me in a steel cage match. And no I don't have it in for you today. Just the energy in this place is intense today nearly forgot what it was like."

She was confident in herself to think that but that was all fine and dandy since she didn't know really what she was dealing with either. Would be an interesting set up but probably one she had to admit to herself that could prove deadly.

She was thankful that one of them at least had the sense not to want to hit a chick as they both seemed fond of calling ladies today. Turning as she smelled the food from some where and it wasn't coming from just some where but someone and she gave a shrug to Speedy not wanting to be rude. Feeling foolish for what she was going to have to ask him but she did it anyway.

"You aren't seeing things that is for sure. Who is the Blueberry Muffin and what is the Strawberry Shortcake cartoon......wait what is a cartoon? "

Finally something he would get to explain to her. Moving a little she more or less was quietly leaning against the wall now as she waited for everything to get squared away so he could get the funk off him and then get some food before she left him to rest.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next