Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Leprechaun Knockin' -[ open ]-

2 posters

Go down

Leprechaun Knockin' -[ open ]- Empty Leprechaun Knockin' -[ open ]-

Post by ♥Allissya♥ Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:39 pm

The day had been spent going over the new building with Winston. Oh she had lists, not just one or two, that’s what she had started with, but after that, they sort of got away. Not that she didn’t understand the lists, she understood them perfectly. They had organization. Normally she would of taken her lists and made even more lists and broke it down by days. Today her mind wasn’t there. Her mind was thinking about leprechauns. She had put up a flyer, but had not gotten any bites, so she would have to take matters into her own hands. Hey not those matters. Well okay maybe those matters but not at this time.

A quick shower, in and out, stepping out of the shower, she took a quick toweling before pulling her hair up into a loose pony tail that was like a fake bun. A black tank top with a bright purple bra underneath, the straps sometimes making themselves visible. A pair of fitted blue denim shorts that were not short enough to be daisy dukes but short enough. Feet were bare as she moved over to the couch. Grabbing the laptop and a can of soda on the way. Opening the Dr. Pepper, so happy was she that they actually had that here, she took a nice drink before setting the can on the side table. Flipping open the lap top, she pressed the power button and waited for the computer to load.

Fingers would type in google.com. Archer had said he didn’t use the internet and what better way to start looking then to type in the search engine. She could of used a few others, but her knowledge told her google was the most used, and that’s what she wanted. Pressing in Leprechauns breaking of the curse. A few things popped up. Wireless networks were great things were they not? She would click a few pages, and the one’s that did not look as if some kid had put it up there, she would print them out. When she was done, she had a nice stack of papers. Once she exhausted the internet, well what she could find that did not repeat itself or look like a game, she powered off the laptop. Grabbing her drink she took another long drink, before setting the can down. Walking over to the desk where the printer was kept, she would pull open the drawer, grabbing out a pumpkin colored file. Taking the file she would slip all the papers from the printer into the pockets, separating them as she went. On the left hand side were the papers that bordered on what she thought could be real and could be fake. On the right hand were papers that she thought sounded more likely. Sadly the right side was not as full as the left.

She wanted more information. Instead of sitting in her room, she decided to take her information quest out into the inn. She did not take a pen and paper, no clipboard, just her. Slipping her feet into the baby blue with purple flower designed flip flops. Heading to the stairs, no telling if she went down one or two flights of stairs so she was either on the first or the second floor. Once she reached a random door, her hand would lift fingers curling into a small loose fist and the door would be knocked upon.
♥Allissya♥
♥Allissya♥

Number of posts : 94

Back to top Go down

Leprechaun Knockin' -[ open ]- Empty Re: Leprechaun Knockin' -[ open ]-

Post by DrDonaldBlake Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:46 pm

Donald was in the midst of a battle most epic on his Xbox. That wasn't to say that he was upset when there was a knock on his door, after all. he was a doctor and sometimes people came to see him for help.

Of course, Pris was here as well, though she seldom payed attention to the video games. they wherd Donald's fascination, sort of an escape from the gri nature his work usually brought. when he answerefd the door, he was wearing a t-shirt that was embalzened with "Property of the Avengers" and some jeans. when he saw the young lady behind the door the good doctor smiled.

"Hey there!not being too loud with the video games am I?" it was a legit question! he liked his video games and he liked em loud sometimes.

DrDonaldBlake

Number of posts : 167

Back to top Go down

Post by ♥Allissya♥ Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:45 am

Did she knows who's door she was knocking on? Of course, she did not have a clue. So when the door opened, she blinked, she had not expected anyone to actually answer the door. She hoped, but he did not think it would actually happen, so it threw her for a moment. Bright green gaze lifted upwards, with a small snap of her head, a smile would be forming over her lips. "Hello, sorry to bother you. Oh your not to loud at all." A small pause. "Though I was curious if I could ask you a question, well other then the question of asking if I could ask you one." She frowned, her brows drew together, this wasn't working out for the best. Maybe it was because it was freelance, and not something she was doing for work.

She shifted from foot to foot, the best she could, in flip flops. As she waited to see if he would allow her to ask the question. She hoped he would, or rather that he would and he would have a bit of knowledge. Knowledge was a good thing, especially if it would help her out.
♥Allissya♥
♥Allissya♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:41 pm

a few weeks ago when pris had a day off from school and had spent far too much time in donald's room by herself, the seventeen-year-old had taken it upon herself to turn her precious duck's room into a labyrinth. how she did it was easy, or at least easy to the fixating compulsive mind of pris - fabric. most of the bolts of various colors, patterns and textures were no more than three feet wide, but all were long enough that they hung from ceiling down to floor, creating walls. walls that created maze halls that were about four feet wide, besides the space around the bed and television.

it was pris' way of trying to keep people out of her duck's room that she didn't want there. the girl was just a tad bit possessive over people that she considered hers, and it manifested in creative, off-beat ways like this.

over the course of weeks, donald had used his charm, affection and other pris-persuading tactics to successfully convince the girl that maybe they didn't need so many fabric walls (that she'd been rearranging every few days to make new mazes) and that maybe they could simplify the maze just a little bit? so pris had taken down half of what she'd constructed - but if al looked inside the room she'd see huge parts of it partitioned off by colorful fabric.

it was between a red and white stripped piece of fabric and a soft rich purple piece of fabric that pris now poked her head. and just her head. she was pulling the fabric closed tightly just under her chin, because she was guarding the secrets of what that part of duck's room looked like behind the curtain-maze's wall closest to the door to donald's room. "ahem." seemingly disembodied head pris spoke the sound instead of actually clearing her throat, her green narrowed eyes ping-ponging over the details of the knocker's body and face. "i'm in charge of sir duckshire's appointments, ho nonny." she normally said 'hey nonny' but not this time. and she added, just to make herself clear, "huff."

once upon a time, donald said she could help him at the clinic as an alternative to working for benjamin, and that she could be in charge of just that - his appointments. pris had yet to go there with him and be trained in that and here was of course donald's place of home not place of work, but the dots in her mind connected and told her that hired was hired and a job was a job and she was allowed to do hers now.

she planned on screening and monitoring all questions.

Back to top Go down

Post by DrDonaldBlake Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:30 am

Donald couldn't help but smile at that. giving a nod to the woman and then motioning down to the young lady in front of him. "I'm sorry. I hadn't penciled you in before. My assistant here is very strict on my schedule." and then he smiled back to to Pris. stepping out of the way so that the woman could see pris behind him.

"But, I'm sure I have time for a small consultation... in between rounds of call of duty." He was leading pris with that one trying to get her to say yes, he was just trying to be nice with the new woman. "what questions did you ahve? are you alright? not hurt or anything are you?"

DrDonaldBlake

Back to top Go down

Post by ♥Allissya♥ Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:22 pm

She was not trying to be rude, but she heard the voice of the female. It was not that she had any interest in the man, well not that sort of interest, that she knew of. Anyhow. A smile would be shot to the bobbing head. Head would nod as bright green gaze went between the two. "Oh, I am sorry." A small pause, "But maybe you could help as well." That part was said to the bouncing head. Oddly she did not think anything strange with that, though she was curious if the girls head was related to the Headless Horseman. Nothing was beyond her thoughts now, she was learning so many things.

A soft clearing of her throat before she looked between the two. First answering the questions, because she did not want to worry the man, and he must be a doctor of some sort. "I am alright...and nothing is hurt." Pause, she almost felt funny asking but she had too, she had to get the knowledge, okay she didn't have to but she said she would and she was going to do it dang it! "I was curious if either of you know about leprechauns. And more importantly how to break a leprechaun curse." After the words left she would be silent, until they spoke, shut the door in her face or asked her a question.
♥Allissya♥
♥Allissya♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:23 pm

donald should know by now that pris was not easily led. well, not that easily led, anyway. usually it took promises and bribes, as it did with any respectable teenager worth their salt.

"du-uh-UHHck!" pris said her pet name for donald in a drawn out, emphatically muttered protest whine. "huff." that should convey to donald all he needed to know about how pris felt when it came to the matter of a 'small consultation'. but just in case her feelings weren't absolutely clear, they would hear a single loud thud - pris stamping her stocking foot on the floor from behind the curtain.

but the huffing and stomping didn't do the trick. or any tricks. because the ho-nonny was still there and she made her demands known. pris knew a lot about demands. what teenager didn't? so pris knew that the only way to get someone to go away who was making demands was to either scare them away with ghosts, screams or chains, to bite their arm, or to do the demands.

she didn't have any ghosts, screams or chains. and she knew that doctor duck would punish her with a week of no potatoes if he caught her arm-biting. so she would have to give the ho-nonny what she wanted. pris disappeared behind the curtain, and in addition to hearing the shuffles and scuffles of her moving around they would hear her muttering one of the poems that her mind-doctor made her learn in order to keep her in her driver's seat. "at the end of the rainbow there sits a shining pot filled to the brim with golden pieces the type that's worth a lot leprechauns dance through their routines turns and twists with merry bliss clothed in green a happy scene before your eyes unfolds if you reach the rainbow and this pot you do find, make sure you ask quite nicely and your rewards may be divine."

at the end of the poem, pris stuck her arm out from between the red and white stripped fabric and the purple soft fabric. and that's all that was visible - her bare arm, her hand with its intricately painted swirly rainbow nails, and a single piece of drawing paper. the hand shook said paper with great impatience, and from behind the curtain pris would say what her hand would've said if it had lips:

"ahem."

Back to top Go down

Post by DrDonaldBlake Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:37 am

Donald smiled when pris whined and stomped her feet. looking over to the young lady that was standing before him. sliding his hands into the pockets of his pants. "Sadly I don't know much about leprechauns aside from the fact that they like marshmallows in their cereal."

"Pris on the other hand, she knows quite a bit about things like them... so we'll see what she comes up with. " Which is when she ahemed. and strolled on over, and took the paper she held out. "Thank you Prissy." The picture was examined by himself before he offered it over.

DrDonaldBlake

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:03 pm

unlike a lot of art - with many interpretations because different people see different meanings as they look upon a canvas - donald and al would probably see very similar things. because when donald took the paper from pris, it was blank on both sides. and when al took it, if she took it, it would still be that way.

blank on both sides. the paper was pure, pure white. ripped right out of one of her sketchbooks with not even the tiniest of markings on its surface. after donald took the paper from her, pris withdrew her arm back behind the curtain, which meant that none of her was visible. not even her feet, because pris had done a very precise job of making sure that the bolts of fabric hung long enough so that their bottom hems brushed the floor.

so all they would hear is an eerie voice announcing with spooky atonal sing-song, "a le-e-e-eprechaun i-i-i-i-i-in a sno-o-o-o-o-owsto-o-o-o-o-rm!!!" maybe the eccentric girl was trying her hand at the ghosts, screams and chains method of scaring al away after all!

either way, from behind the curtain they would hear the triumphant snicker of a smart-ass teenager.

Back to top Go down

Post by ♥Allissya♥ Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:19 pm

Now the poem, that was recited made sense, didn't it? And it actually backed up some of the items she had found on the internet. She would not ask questions about the poem, because it seemed like the girl would not be receptive to more questions. "Oh thank you. I just need to find a rainbow now." She did not have anything in her voice, except for maybe a bit of defeat, how was she...oh she could do that! She could, couldn't she? Surely she could!

Bright green gaze went to the man when he spoke. "Thank you for your help." As in he didn't offer help except from the girl's words. But he did not slam the door in her face, and she thought he deserved a thanks for that as well.

Then the hand was out with the piece of paper, which the man took and then handed to Al. A blink as she looked at the paper, flipping it over and not seeing anything on either side of the paper. She laughed, when The sing song voice came out, she could not help it. "I shall take note that I will not find the rainbow nor the leprechaun in a snow storm." Now she would of just left but she had to ask, because the man said that Pris knew, and the information was for someone else. "Anything else I should know Pris?" Now if the girl did not like the name, she wouldn't know she was using the name, that the man had given her for the girl. She knew some did not like others calling them by their names.
♥Allissya♥
♥Allissya♥

Back to top Go down

Post by DrDonaldBlake Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:24 pm

Pris was going to get a nice long stink eye from Donald for being so rude to the young lady who was only looking for help. it was good that she at least seemed to be a good sport that pris was giving her a hard time.

"Yes Pris, do you know anything else about Leprechauns?" Donald was trying to sound nice and chipper. if only because he knew Pris was trying to get rid of the woman as soon as possible.

DrDonaldBlake

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:32 pm

"misses prisses of ganesvoortshire." pris always had something to say when it came to her name, and what she preferred to be called by the masses was ever-changing, just like the rest of her. if al and her most precious duck looked closely enough, they'd see a bump in the curtain that was about nose-height for a short teenager. and it just so happened to be her nose, because pris had leaned forward right up against the curtain to announce her proper name so that she could be sure she was heard.

and then, donald's question opened pandora's box. which in this instance was pris' stream-of-consciousness-make-believe-mouth. the teenager didn't really know a thing about leprechauns. even the poem she'd recited as she tore a piece of paper from her sketchbook had been something she'd memorized only because her mind-doctor had told her too. but if there was an expectation running around that she knew? oh yes, yes, yes, she could know.

or at least sound like she did. "they bite toes if they're tasty! and put tickles in children's pants when they're bad. and itches in adult pants. they throw up rainbows when they have the flu! and are allergic to may-contain-peanuts. AND - "

pris popped her head out of the curtain, holding the fabric tightly under her chin like before to make sure it was just her head, fixing al with her ping-ponging green gaze. "they give spankings to people who wear flip-flops!" with a flourish, the misbehaving girl disappeared behind the curtain. stocking feet stomped their way over to the television. she unpaused donald's video game with a press of her tiny toe on the right button of the controller. that was his punishment for seeing someone who didn't have an appointment!

there was a very good chance that al had just caught sassy misses prisses at the wrong time of the month.

Back to top Go down

Post by ♥Allissya♥ Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:15 am

She listened and then she nodded a bit to the man before looking to the nose, before the head popped out and spoke. This time she would not take the words that the girl spoke to heart. "Thank you misses prisses of ganesvoortshire." Spoken as it was, when she heard the game turn back on she shot the man a apologetic look before, "If you hear anything please let me know." Slipping away from the door, for surely he would wish to save his game, and she had more research to do. Thinking of where to go next, where to go, where to go. Now that door looked interesting, and as if it did not belong. You know what door it was, and she would aim her body towards it. Odd door might just know about the little men she wished to learn about.
♥Allissya♥
♥Allissya♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down