Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

And she's back, from outer space. [open to anyone]

2 posters

Go down

And she's back, from outer space. [open to anyone] Empty And she's back, from outer space. [open to anyone]

Post by FirenIce Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:34 pm

Sam had taken a sabbatical from the inn. There was a summit at the UN on the betterment of human/meta-human relations. Being that Samantha Kennedy was both one of the foremost young minds on genetics and the evolution of the meta-human presence on the planet, and a member of one of the most powerful political families in America, she went to speak at the summit. Of course that trip took a lot longer then the Kennedy initially expected it would. But, it meant for some extraordinary strides in the rights of her people as well as all people who weren't simply human.

Her Return to the inn, was hopefully an uneventful affair. To help make her return more incognito she came back in the day time, and came onto the property from the back, through the gardens'. her only luggage was a backpack which she had slung over her shoulder. Whereas Sam usually wore a suit when she was out and about, today she had gone with a pair close fitting jeans and a tank top. The heat didnt really bother her all too much. that was often the case when you had a stranglehold on your own internal body temperature. but she wanted to fit in more, and people bothered her less if she wore what everyone else was wearing.

While her ultimate destination was the inn proper but being that it was as nice as it was, she decided to have a nice sit down in the grass. tossing the backpack on the ground before easing herself down to a sit.
FirenIce
FirenIce

Number of posts : 26

Back to top Go down

And she's back, from outer space. [open to anyone] Empty Re: And she's back, from outer space. [open to anyone]

Post by Marcus De Leymon Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:52 pm

On her way to the Inn? Approaching through the rear? Sitting int he grass? All these did not boast too well for her. Well, I guess that's up to the eye of the beholder. In any case, once she was in the gardens and lands that surrounded the immediate area around the Inn, she was in his territory. Wearing loose tan cargo pants and a plaint white tank top, he would come around the bend of a small grouping of trees pushing a wheel barrel. In that carrier was a fresh batch of dried wood, dirt and some smallish boulders. He would have been making his way towards the small creek that rand through the area if those coals did not turn to look over at the woman. Instantly a curious brow would raise along with a tilt of the head. Locks falling to just above shoulder as he obviously tried to recognize the face but with no avail.

Putting the wheel barrel in park by letting loose of the handles, he would grab up a rag out of rear pocket, using it to wipe clear his brow and cheeks of sweat as he made his way over to her. he was trying to meet more people here, so in that endeavor he was speaking to all that crossed his path. Never know what might come from a simple greeting. The last time he did that....he came to work here. So yes, a simple hello could go a long way. Coming up to her, the rag as well as gloves that used to be on hands were shoved into rear pockets. Clearing his throat as he did not wish to startle her.

'Ello there. I'm not interrupting anything, am I?

If and when she looked, he would be displaying a warm smile over those crimsons. Its a funny game to try to dive right into conversation out of the blue with a perfect stranger. Your tactic had to change to fit your environment. It was a beautiful day out and she looked as if she was trying to relax and what not. He figured the best first step was to make sure he didn't get started on a bad foot.
Marcus De Leymon
Marcus De Leymon

Number of posts : 66

Back to top Go down

And she's back, from outer space. [open to anyone] Empty Re: And she's back, from outer space. [open to anyone]

Post by FirenIce Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:04 pm

Samantha was busy staring off into space when the man. In truth she was deep in thought. thinking about whether or not she was meant to be here, with her brother? or was he better off without her. Should she stay home and be a crusader for her species? Or is her place away from all of that, where it was safe.

All of these things where knocking about in her pretty little head, and while her mind was very active. her face looked sort of vacant, a finger idlely toying with a bit of her hair, darkened longish affair. It wasn't her natural color, Sam tended to dye her hair often. This color was one of her favorites.

When the man spoke to her, Samantha didn't react immidiately other then a non commital "hm?" and then after another beat of silence she said it again. "Hm? Oh! Hi!" a smile offered up , eyes coming back into focus looking up at the man who had spoken to her.

"No, just having a bit of a staring contest with a lady bug over there on that plant... it's not really fair since they compound eyes... and they don't have any eyelids, but I thought I'd give it a shot." She looked away then and noticed the wheel barrow. Eyes back to him. " I'm not in your way am I? because I can move, I'm not at all committed to this patch of grass."
FirenIce
FirenIce

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus De Leymon Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:11 am

Seeing that sorta come and go of a look from her, then the fact that it seemed he took her out of a trance, he would chuckle lightly to himself, smirking down to her. Footsteps took him until he was a few feet from her. You know, that whole personal bubble thing. Still smiling, hand was brought up to bring back a few stray hairs behind ear. but how polite was it to speak down to someone? So, once near her, knees would be bent and form crouched down to become more eye level with her. Hand, with elbow pivoting over knee would wave off her concern.

Oh no no. The gardens are where beautiful things exist. So you're just fine.

That smirk widened a bit. Yeah, he came on a bit strong at times, but that's what made life interesting. Never knowing where each moment was going to take you. Besides, he was still trying to open up a line of conversation. If not just for here, then the next time he would happen to run across her. So, best to open with a compliment. Make sure he wasn't just a face to be forgotten once they parted ways. Looking back at the wheel barrel in the near distance, looking at his destination at the creek, then right back to her.

I was just doing some work in the gardens. The name's Marcus. I guess you can say I'm the current gardener. Not much skill, but it's keeping a roof over my head and food in me belly. But I was doing some work over there and I saw you just sitting here. Don't think I have seen you passing through here before, so I figured I would drop by and say hi.

Now he knew his manners when he needed to have them. Right now was most certainly a good time for them, but his hand would not be offered out when he introduced himself. That was merely because he wished to spare her from dirt covered hands. See, he was a gentleman.....when he needed to be. Funny how he chose his moments.
Marcus De Leymon
Marcus De Leymon

Back to top Go down

Post by FirenIce Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:39 pm

Awww. he said she was beautiful, well wasn't that just the nicest thing? The compliment payed was re-payed with a polite smile. leaning forward onto her knees.

"Well that's good to hear, a girl likes to know where she exists. fundamental laws of the universe applying and all that."

A hand was offered forward when he introduced herself. "Sam, It's a pleasure to meet you Marcus the Gardener.I used to stay here a while ago... but I had to go back home for some... thing. I think my brother is still here, so I thought I'd come back and see if I could catch up with him." Sam's specialty was dirty and grimy blood and guts and all that, she wasn't afraid of any dirt or anything like that.
FirenIce
FirenIce

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus De Leymon Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:29 pm

Looking to that hand he would smile, though he would hesitate a moment. However, it seemed she was sure of all her actions, so who was he to refuse? Quickly, hand would be slapped and slid along his pants, hopping to knock loose as much crud as possible before extending it to take hers up in a shake.

The pleasure is all mine, Sam. But please, just Marcus. The gardener part...well....I am just doing it as payment for my stay here. I would hardly consider it my profession.

His form would bounce a bit while balancing on feet, arms resting on bent knees. Those coals looked to her as they spoke. But then curiosity got the best of him as his glance would turn to the area. Always good to know your surroundings. Besides, not that he knew anyone that would do it, but he was in the perfect position to get surprised. He hated being a literal push over. But then his attention was brought right back to her, smirk still remaining on those crimsons.

May I ask who your brother is? I don't know too many here at the Inn, but I might have heard the name in passing. Oh, i'm not keeping you from seeing him, or meditating or anything, am I? I know these gardens are peaceful and such. I was curious about you sitting all alone over here. I can leave if you wish?

He was perfectly aware she was there to just relax and what not. If she had tasks to do, she wouldn't be just sitting there. But it was always fun to see what people said when asked some things at random. Was his own way of playing games. Sure they were a bit unorthodox, but this was Marcus. Besides, he was still trying to meet the people around the place. Gotta make connections when you can.
Marcus De Leymon
Marcus De Leymon

Back to top Go down

Post by FirenIce Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:41 am

Samantha Kennedy had a handshake that was the envy of most of the politicians and scientists she dealt with. It was the Kennedy way, some say it ran in genetics. (Sam, had yet to prove that last bit. don't think she didn't try) And she didnt hold it too long. but when she withdrew her hand she leaned back onto both palms. Knees straitening out, the woman crossed one leg over the other and smiled again.

"Well, you might want to consider making it a profession; the garden's look great. You're doing good."

When he asked after her brother Sam cast a glance back at the Inn itself. "If you saw him, you'd notice... His name is Tobias... and meditating is his big thing, not really mine... I'm only out here to photosynthesize... back home it's really to hot to just enjoy the sun." eyes front again. another smile."I'm not being kept from anything... just hanging out. do you want to leave?" She didn't think she had said anything to give the impression she wanted to leave. Hell, she thought she was being friendly.
FirenIce
FirenIce

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus De Leymon Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:37 pm

Once hands had met, shook, and released, he would decide to take the lead from her. Smirking a bit, watching as she leaned back to relax form once again, his eyes would go to look at the grounds around them once again. But what was that on his face? Was that....some since of pride. Well what do you know! He was actually enjoying his own work, and the fact that it is appreciated. But back to that lead. Hands would fall to the ground where he was, form spinning a bit as bum hit grass. Facing her, he would sit with legs crossed, hands falling to lap.

Actually, I don't. Happening upon you gave me my first curious streak of the day. I try to at least have three a day. Keeps things interesting. You know, avoid the same old drum beat of the every day stuff.

That head of his would nod as if he was saying something completely profound and genius. Now that was most likely a ploy. Even he knew he wasn't known for an abundance of brains, but he at least knew enough to get him out of trouble. And of course......into trouble. But that was the fun and interesting bits.

Tobias? Don't recognize the name. But, like I said, I don't know many people here. But as you can see, I am actively working to remedy that.

That odd bit of her reasoning for sitting out here would get a tilt of his head. It would eventually bring out a question, but all in good time.
Marcus De Leymon
Marcus De Leymon

Back to top Go down

Post by FirenIce Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:58 am

"I really like that philosophy. three new and exciting things in a day." It was a good philosophy to have. Sam read too much for hers to be three. But that was her, and in her studies, you had to read virtually every single word published on the matter of genetics in order to just keep caught up. It was a rough thing to follow; But Sam did what she thought was right in order to help her brother.

"Oh you'd know Toby if you saw him, He'd most certainly make certain of that fact... He's a little loud." a small chuckle at that little jab at her brother. but it was true, Toby was loud and really didn't care who knew it. Took after his uncles in that way. But that was all she'd say about Toby for the time being, it was time to move onto a new Subject.

The search for a new subject took her eyes away from the person she was speaking with now, and wandered about the Gardens for a moment before she spoke again." The flowers, are they all spring flowering? or do you have different sections that flower at different times. So that the Gardens can flower in the fall as well?"
FirenIce
FirenIce

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus De Leymon Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:18 pm

That head would nod as she spoke. Taking in every word of hers for perfect clarity. He was actively listening after all. Not all guys listened with their eyes. He just did that most of the time. But form would lean back just as she had been doing. Hands falling to soft grass about a shoulder width apart behind him. And when she chuckled, he would smirk and nod yet again.

Ah, I see. Loud bugger, huh? Well then in that case I will have to keep my eye out. Always good to know who's related to who. Never want to piss off the wrong person you know. But it's nice to be here with family. Or at least I would guess. Always having someone you can just spend time with when you wanted. So that's good for you two.

And there was that sage-like smile and nod again. He was full of those today. However eyes would be pulled away from her as she sought knowledge on the workings of the gardens. Now he was in a pickle. Should he tell her he had no clue and be done with it? Or should he lie? Make up some great tale of hours and hours of dedication in making sure every single foot of the place had flowers all year long. Hmmm...

Honestly, I have no clue. Chuckling. I just do what is asked of me by the boss. Thoug, I am trying to learn as I go. Got several books up in my room that i've been....well.....sleeping over for the last few weeks. I don't know too much about the craft yet, but I'm trying. Though I am sure De'Ryanna will have me planting new flowers as the seasons pass by. Its not always about the plants themselves, but the freshness of the soil.

Shoulders would roll back, back arching as he stretched torso out. Those dark hues coming back to Sam as that warm smile fell across lips. The thing I do know how to do is get creative. So I've been building this creek with falls for the past couple weeks. Just something new to bring to the place.
Marcus De Leymon
Marcus De Leymon

Back to top Go down

Post by FirenIce Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:56 pm

She did know how to listen as well, one couldn't offer forth good arguments in a summit without first hearing others. "That's really cool, I think i creek would be a great addition. give people a place to splash about in the hot summer weather."

"Yeah, I guess its cool. Toby and I don't always see eye to eye. But, now he's got a girlfriend. hopefully she's calmed him down." which seemed to be Sam's cue to stand then. dusting off her bottom and picking up her back pack. and offering hims a smile.

"I still haven't met her yet. But I'm sort of hoping to during my time here. She apparently works here." she was going to continue that thought but she realized he mentioned a familiar name . "Oh! De'Ryanna. That's her name! so you've met her? is she nice? I've never known Toby to couple up. I need to shake her hand or something."

That was certainly good news, she was a scientist and didnt like to go into new situations without knowing as much as possible the situations in this case, Toby's new girlfriend.
FirenIce
FirenIce

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down