Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Stuck....with her thoughts

Go down

Stuck....with her thoughts Empty Stuck....with her thoughts

Post by Guest Sun May 23, 2010 7:38 pm

Kyra rode off into the direction of the inn on Dalninil and was soon lost back in the dream she had the night before. For some reason she just couldn't let this one go like she had the others and that put her on edge even more. She finally came out of her daze as the horse stopped and whinnied because she smelled Slepnir close. Lucky for her the horse had a good sniffer and she also prayed Dalninil didn't have the same reaction with Connor as Slepnir did. As they approached the stables Kyra slid from her back and led her into the stables looking around to see if he was here. Not seeing anyone she took the horse to the stall that she knew was set up for her and led Dalninil into it. Taking off her saddle and bridle Kyra laid it off to the side and left her be for a moment and went to the stall next to it to see Slepnir. Grabbing a brush she started combing him and talking to him.

"I hope we didn't have any repeat kicking to Connor's head since the last time."

She couldn't help but laugh a little as she shook her head and continued brushing him. Once she was done she with him she petted him for a while as her thoughts walked away with her again and she was left standing there in a daze.

Back to top Go down

Stuck....with her thoughts Empty Re: Stuck....with her thoughts

Post by Connor Mon May 24, 2010 8:08 am

"Bugger it for a lark, I keep hearing things! Does that ever happen to you?" He was, of course, speaking to the horse he was combing. Not too many people were around, and those few who ventured out to the stables retreated as soon as possible before boredom set in. It usually did not take long at all.

After awhile, Connor decided to check outside just in case he was mistaken. To his delight, he was! There was another person coming up on horseback, so he rushed back inside to grab the black t-shirt he had taken to wearing and snatch it over his head. After settling it around him, he stepped back out and waved. "Hello! You need your horse looked after?" In a lower voice, not meant to be heard by anyone other than himself, he continued. "Bloody hell, but I almost sounded like I was enthused over the prospect of cleaning up another one of these beasts! If I keep on, I might even convince myself!"
Connor
Connor

Number of posts : 72

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 24, 2010 12:08 pm

Still lost in her own thoughts Kyra jumped hearing his voice. Twirling around as if something had bitten her she spoke in almost a yell but not quite that loud.

"Where did you come from? You scared the hell out of me."

Lucky for him she was concentrating too much on her thoughts to have heard what he was saying after Hello. Her heart was nearly beating out of her chest as she stood there fighting the urge to smack him for sneaking up on her. She turned back and slowly counted as she laid one hand on the horse to steady herself and try to regain her composure before making anymore of a fool out of herself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Connor Wed May 26, 2010 6:45 am

"Er....I came from inside. Right there." He pointed casually to the stable, curious as to how he had startled her. "Er, I assume you want this one stabled as well?" After smiling and nodding in what he hoped was a reassuring manner, he walked around the horse, sizing it up. "Well, here's hoping this one isn't kick-happy. I'm just now getting over stuttering from the last one!" He paused, grinning at her in the hopes she would notice he was joking. "Besides the obvious, what brings you out on such a fine day? Surely you aren't just coming to visit little old me..."
Connor
Connor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 26, 2010 1:40 pm

Looking around even more confused and her voice would match the look on her face.

"But...I...was...."

Pointing to in the stables and then outside, a soft sigh would escape her lips as she shook her head thinking she was going crazy at this very moment. Her cheeks would become red from embarrassment as she realized her mistake. Still confused she tried to form a sentence this time as she looked up at him.

"Umm...yeah this is the other horse I was talking about when I brought Slepnir in. Her name is Dalninil and I am hoping she doesn't try to kick you either. I already owe you for him kicking you."

Her eyes grew wide not realizing he was joking at least not right away. It took her head registering the grin on his lips to figure it out. After a few moments of getting herself to calm down she looked back to him.

"I'm glad you are only kidding. I would hate to think I would have to figure out a way to make up for him kicking you so hard."

A smile finally crossed her lips as she spoke and was calming even more and her dream was starting to fade into the background as she thought a moment about the question he asked her.

"Would it be so bad if I didn't have any reason to be here to here other than to visit?"

She had looked away before that but looked back up at him with a curious look in her eyes as she waited for a response.

Back to top Go down

Post by Connor Sat May 29, 2010 2:08 am

Connor smirked devilishly as he turned to the equipment rack. "Nah, not bad at all. In fact, I'm glad you dropped by!" He chuckled, handing her a pitchfork and stepping back. "Perfect fit....let's pitch some hay! It'll go a helluva lot faster with someone to talk to, and since there are no more volunteers...hey, it's like this. You're the second person besides those who work her that I've seen come to the stables and linger for any length of time. So, how about it?"
Connor
Connor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 29, 2010 6:39 pm

He was putting her to work. A look crossed her face as she stared at him and the pitchfork. She took it from his hands and stood there still staring between him and what was now in her hands.

"I don't mind sticking around talking and keeping you company but ummm.....what do I do with this?"

She not only didn't know what it was for but didn't know what it was either. Up until she got her horse she didn't spend much time around a stable for any reason.

Back to top Go down

Post by Connor Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:29 am

Twitch. "You....you own a horse and don't know what a pitchfork is for?" Face-palm. "Oookay....see this end? You hold it. The other end is sharp and pointy. You don't want to be on that end. You stick it into the hay, lift the hay, then you put it into the feed trough. Or manger, whatever you wanna call it. That way, the horse gets enough to eat. They get grumpy when they aren't fed....well, for awhile. After a good bit, they get dead."

He turned to the pile of hay and started. "If you want, you can just do what I'm doing. If not, the pitchfork should be hung back on the wall. An old friend of mine stepped on one awhile back, and after it went through his foot...well, he doesn't do much in the way of farm work anymore. Still walks with a limp, too." A slight smirk formed at the thought. "I should point out that the guy that left the pitchfork on the ground still limps as well. If a man doesn't have control of his tools, he's less than a man." Swivel-turn-pitch, swivel-turn-pitch. He was like a well-oiled machine.
Connor
Connor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:50 am

She shrugged a little and gave her most innocent oops look.

"It's not like I've owned a horse very long...this is the first one for me ever."

She hushed and paid attention trying to learn something here and nodded in understanding as he explained things to her. Watching for a moment or two to make sure she had it down how he was working and started to mimick him as she wasn't afraid to get dirty and work. Staying quiet for a few moments she spoke again as she worked hoping she was doing this correctly. She didn't want horses to die because she didn't give them enough food.

"So what do you normally talk about while you work, I mean if others are around to talk to you."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down