Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Entrance Exam [semi-open]

+2
catherine dtardis
Firefly
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Entrance Exam [semi-open] Empty Entrance Exam [semi-open]

Post by Firefly Thu May 20, 2010 1:31 am

After leaving the area in which she had met and spoken with her partner, she had decided to lay low for a few days, taking the initiative to seek entry only today. She was not sure how nosy folk were in this area, but she had no reason to leave anything to chance. After a moment or two, she had arrived at the front entrance to the inn. A quick mental equipment check ran through her mind as she pushed the doors open and stepped inside. She had everything she thought she needed, so why not take it easy for a few hours?

As she looked around after entering, she fought back a rather rough phrase about how nice the place looked. She wasn't a newbie in this game, so she knew how quick she'd die if her cover was blown. She called on the training she had received, leaving the aggressive part of her hidden, and appearing cautious and a bit afraid. After stepping quietly, almost timidly, to the desk, she peered over it with wide eyes. "H-hello? I am looking for a place to stay? My name is Luciole, is anyone there?"
Firefly
Firefly

Number of posts : 30

Back to top Go down

Entrance Exam [semi-open] Empty Re: Entrance Exam [semi-open]

Post by catherine dtardis Fri May 21, 2010 1:10 pm

"yes hello, just dropped a fish!" catherine said this from behind the front desk. it was a strange thing to say, certainly, but hopefully it made more sense when the short red-headed swimmer popped up with a orange plastic fish in her one hand and an equally red-haired baby strapped onto her front in a baby carrying device that her brilliant timelord husband devised himself. as catherine offered the fish to the four-month old, and the baby seized the opportunity to pratice her grabbing skills and shook the fish in her little hand with an excitable, "ahhhh!"

"that's your orange fish, peia." catherine took a moment to tell the baby this before turning her attention to luciole. catherine's smile was sweet, and her demeanor was one of shy but sincere kindness. "hello, luciole - am i pronouncing that correctly?" chances are she wasn't, she had a bit of difficulty with names she hadn't heard before. "welcome to the tel'ranaemyn inn. i'm catherine, how can i help you today, did you say you wanted...?"

her second question trailed off with a little uncertainty as she was distracted by moving things and lifting things in search of a pen, which she had a feeling she would need. peia took this moment to blurt out a very excitable squeal and fling her plastic fish as hard as she could. which wasn't very hard at all, unless one counted the fact that gravity helped plummet it to the floor. "really, peia?" catherine sighed, before giving luciole and apologetic look as she finally scrounged up a pen. "i'm a bit new at this, but if you're patient everything will be just fine!" it was true, de'ryanna had agreed to let catherine help her out with the front desk just yesterday.
catherine dtardis
catherine dtardis

Number of posts : 64

Back to top Go down

Post by Firefly Mon May 24, 2010 8:19 am

She had quickly moved back in what looked like a crouch at first, then, realizing what she had done, played it off like she was startled. Heck, she even completed the wilting flower routine by placing her hand over her heart and gasping! "I-I-I was looking for a room, miss? If that's okay, I mean. I'm sorry to disturb you!" Just to ham it up a bit, she bit her lower lip and tried on a bashful smile. "I'll take anything you have, miss. I'm not choosy!"

After a moment, her eyes fell on the child. She did not have to work at a smile this time, as she loved children. Other people's children, that is. She was not the type, in her mind, to be a mother to anyone. Hell, she was almost sure that if a kid depended on her, with her schedule, the kid would be S.O.L. for sure. Still, the kid was quite cute, so her smile remained, unwavering. "She's adorable!" she squeaked as she looked at the baby. As if realizing she had done something wrong, she folded her hands in front of her and looked down. "I-I'm sorry, miss. Yes, I will be patient. I have nowhere else to go, so I don't mind waiting. If you need to do something else, I'll understand, though!"
Firefly
Firefly

Back to top Go down

Post by catherine dtardis Mon May 24, 2010 11:44 pm

catherine's gaze was down on the desk as she was flipping through pages of the ledger trying to find the right one, but the mermaid looked up suddenly when luciole asked if it was okay to ask for a room. "it's an inn, why wouldn't it be okay to ask for a room?" her question was as perplexed as it was sincere, and catherine was always incredibly sincere.

the baby decided that would be a good time to pipe up. cassiopeia was only four months old, but one merfolk tendency was already showing - the little girl loved attention. the more fawning the better. so the tiny redhead bounced up and down in the carrier that strapped her to catherine, beaming at the lady as she talked to her with the only two sounds she could make. "ahhh-la-lalala ahhhh!" the 'la' sound was peia showing off. that was her newest sound, that she made by wagging her little tongue in her mouth.

"thank you," catherine said to luciole with a proud mommy smile. "she's my little handful, aren't you little girl?" she paused in her page flipping to mess with the baby's soft red hair. "now we have many different options when it comes to rooms, so…since you're unsure we'll just fill out the new tenant survey!" catherine sounded and looked so eager about that prospect because it was her suggestion to de'ryanna that they try out one of those, and luciole was about to be her first guinea pig!

the new tenant survey was the one thing catherine did know the location of. she had made copies of them herself, and now took a fresh one from the top of pile. "okay." a breath and she began to read from the survey she'd written just last night. "thank you for coming to the tel'ranaemyn inn. your answers to this survey will help us provide you with the best service possible, and provide us with information that will allow us to improve our facilities and services so that we may continue to be one of the top-rated residences in new haven."

next came the questions. catherine would ask her the first three. "how did you hear about the tel'ranaemyn inn? how long do you estimate you will be staying with us? will anyone else be joining you during your stay?"
catherine dtardis
catherine dtardis

Back to top Go down

Post by Firefly Mon May 31, 2010 11:09 pm

Firefly was fighting to not snap at the woman, and doing an admirable job. What could you say, she was an impatient girl! Nevertheless, she offered what she hoped was a shy smile, completing the act with averted eyes. "I j-just happened to walk by and realized how tired I was, miss. I don't know how long I'll be here, but I'll come back every day and pay you! And..n-no, ma'am, I don't know anybody around here. My family all died ten years ago, so I've been on my own for the longest time."

She slapped a hand over her mouth quite abruptly. "I'm so sorry, miss! I know you don't want to hear my life story...can I please still have a room?" Good thing she had thought to cover her mouth, or else she would have almost laughed at her own words. Wonder what the old man and woman would think if they knew she had just told that they had been dead for a decade?
Firefly
Firefly

Back to top Go down

Post by catherine dtardis Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:21 pm

now that catherine was bent over the counter, the baby strapped to her front could reach said counter with her little hands. the result was an erratic tap-tap-smack-tap rhythm, until peia realized she could also busy herself by trying to reach and grab her mother's pen. when she stretched her little arm and still couldn't reach it, she tried to squirm out of the carrier and let out a fierce girl-baby screech.

"if you didn't fling your fish you'd have something to grab, peia," catherine explained patiently to her daughter as she scrawled down luciole's answers, "this is mommy's pen." after she finished writing down the survey answers thus far, catherine looked up at the woman with an encouraging smile. "oh no, i do want to hear your life story! well, the parts of it that help answer these questions. it really will help your stay be the best it can be..."

catherine looked down a the half-completed survey, looking for the best example of how it was helpful. "oh! you see, you said you didn't know anyone here so we know no one will be staying with you, which means that you don't need a room with a double bed!" she reread the other answers too, and noticed something else. "and our policy is that you pay when you check out - for your room, bar tab, and everything like that - so you don't have to come down here every day and pay." she nodded to herself. that seemed to be all that came up so far.

so on with the survey! "do you have need for a full kitchen and/or private bathroom? will you require any medium or large scale rennovations or do you have any specialized furniture requests? do you have any special needs, such as an aversion to sunlight or a strong affinity for water?" catherine had, of course, used herself as an example of a special need by listing a strong affinity for water. "and finally, will you be paying for your room by money or trade?"

all of this was asked of luciole to the tune of the soothing sounds of a fussy baby screeching.
catherine dtardis
catherine dtardis

Back to top Go down

Post by Mael Feu Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:20 am

Maybe Firefly knew, or maybe she didn't, but not too far outside the Inn Mael was watching and waiting. The pair of shades on his face shifted and magnified view. It was some high fancy rigging that worked with the brain and kept the person hands-free. Couldn't see through walls but he didn't have to. Where he was he was able to look through a window and see her. He picked up his phone and called her number. She better answer.

Firefly almost jumped when the phone began to ring. If not for the fact that she had been trained to avoid seeming surprised, she would have let out a string of obscenities and snatched the phone out to yell into. Instead, she smiled shyly and took the phone out after muttering sheepishly to the woman at the desk. After walking a good bit away, she thumbed the button and raised the phone to her ear. "This had better be mighty f-ckin' important."

At least she answered and he didn't have to listen to it ring obsessively in his ear. "What the hell is taking you so long?" he asked. "Are they running your prints? Stop messing around in there." He continue to look at the Inn from his position outside. Keeping his calm appearance as there was an occasional person passing by. No need to draw attention to himself.

Oh. Mael. "Don't get your panties in a bunch, Mael. I'm playing the whole stuttering damsel bit. They're completely buying the load of horse sh-t, too. And I answered on the third ring, ya impatient prick." Guy needed some manners....damn good thing he had a cute ass. "Haven't seen the target yet, but the chick that's checking me in? Something good and strange about her. Our charter says it's only the one, right?"

"You know how we do Fire. Bag and tag. If they're a threat to themselves and others we bring them in." She should know that. Unless she forgot... it was not something she should forget. "You can't look around the Inn if you're stuck in one spot. What do you think she's going to do waltz up to the front desk and present herself. Do you even know what you would do then?"

"If I acted like I had an agenda, someone would catch on quick. They're not all idiots. Anyway, I don't think this chick is a danger to anyone, unless someone is freaked out by red hair or somethin'." She paused for a moment, then continued. "So when I see the bitch, you want a call, or shall I tackle her myself? I have a few surprises stashed in my gear that ought to make it easy." She had managed to conceal several powerful tasers and a few things to make life hell for the doggies: anise bombs, tear-gas pellets, stuff to make their noses cringe.

He was outside somewhere so she wouldn't be able to see his scoff at her words - though it may have come through on the phone and if it did he didn't care. What she said was laughable. "What do you plan on doing? Taking down the entire place in a blaze of glory? You said the people aren't idiots, they may have fail safes. Better to get her outside."

"Look, Mael. I dunno what you think of me, and I don't much care. The fact is, I know my sh-t, and that's why I'm here. Settle down and stop puckerin' that cute ass. I'll deal. Ever heard of an anise bomb? It's just an encapsulated container about the size of a tangerine...when it hits something, it pops and sprays the stuff on whatever it hit. Anise is not that big a deal unless you rely on your nose too much, like those freaks do. I hit the bitch with one of those, and she's spraying snot and spit all over creation while I take my time and bag her ass. It's simple. I've also got a few air tasers and some tear-gas pellets that work the same way the anise bomb does. So relax, right?"

He started on the move and that move was towards the Inn. "I'm not bailing you out. When your sh-t hits the fan and that place comes down on you, you're on your own unless you give me one good reason why I should back your ass up." No need to worry. He wasn't that close to the Inn. Not as though he was going to walk through the door when they hung up the phone. "Last time there was a cat with her. The way he looked at me he wasn't no ordinary cat. Might be others there who are more than they look. Check it out before you do something stupid." Heh. They had an interesting relationship, partnership going on: she thought he was uptight and he wanted to school her.

Wish you woulda backed -that- ass up, maybe I'd be a little more relaxed! She shook her head, keeping her expression blank. "Look, Mael. I didn't mean to piss in your Cheerios or anything, just wanna do this one up right. I spent a month prepping for this mission, and if I f-ck it up, I'm not gonna be able to show my face back as HQ. A cat, huh? Didn't think cats and puppies got along....damn, these ren-faire rejects are backwards as hell."

"Think I know why you call yourself Firefly. Got a lot of spitfire in you." Not to bad if dealt with by the right person. He could be the right person when he felt like it. Mael stopped walking and looked around him, pulling the glasses off his face and used the end tip to scratch his head. "Get in with me and you'll be fine. Get two rooms. I'm coming up.Less you really want me to hang back. Either way I'm watching you like I have been."

"Gotcha, Mael. Two rooms....ground floor or second?" She hid her enthusiasm rather well, since she had been a little iffy about staying by herself with this lot of freaks. "It won't be too hard to con these f-ckers, they seem to be the types that look really hard for something to protect or coddle. Playin' the weak-kneed piss-ant worked pretty good for me...oh, yeah. Thanks, I guess." She was not going to let him know she was relieved!

"Whatever they got." Looks like he was changing is plans from staying away a couple days and seeing her later. "Place doesn't look like they have much. If you get a double room I'm not warning you about my lack of dress." When he was comfortable and in his room he never saw much need to stay fully dressed and he wasn't going to change that cause of her. Might be able to relax her and take down her mouth a notch or twenty. "Be there in ten." Yeah he was gonna keep going up there. Maybe by the time he reached the Inn she'd have her room. If not then he'd have to lend a hand.

"There's a stairwell leading to the rooms. I'll be right beside it. As for lack of dress, sh-t, man. I'm one of the few chicks that work for the Syndicate. I've seen my share of bare-assed men, one more ain't gonna kill me. I'll see ya when ya get here." She was glad she had her back to the window. That way, he wouldn't see her smiling. "Who should I say is coming to meet me? I assume you're going with an assumed name...." Maybe Hot McAss?

"Just a friend. Let them take what they want from the rest of that." Sure. he knew how things went. Chick showed up alone asking for a place and then suddenly needed a room for a 'friend'. Sure. a friend. He hadn't figured a name yet as he had to go over his list. not to mention mask his scent. That was one of the reasons why he wasn't so anxious to get in there in the first place, that girl he was looking for would be sure to smell him and game would be on. Had his small pack on his belt. He'd see what happened. "Now get your ass back and finish booking."

"Yeah, got it. I'll be sure to add some breathless sh-t about my fella coming to stay with me." She chuckled quietly so the people in the room wouldn't hear her. "I'm all over it. See ya here." She thumbed the button to cut the phone off, folded it, and stuck it in her jean pocket. After that, she turned to walk back to the desk, making sure to look pleased yet still a little awkward.
Mael Feu
Mael Feu

Number of posts : 85

Back to top Go down

Post by Firefly Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:35 am

The phone call had taken maybe five or ten minutes, and by the time Firefly stepped back up to the desk, complete with watery eyes and a quavering smile. "Miss? I'm so sorry to be a bother, but can I have a double room instead? My...friend is coming to stay with me for awhile. He knows how I get, and not that I'm not sure you're all nice people, I'd just feel a little better knowing he's close by."

She covered her mouth demurely, widening her eyes. "I'm sorry! I don't know why I'm rambling like this!" She stopped, looking to the woman earnestly. "That would probably be everything. I promise I won't be any more trouble...." Not for you, anyway, she added silently. This place was gonna get completely rock-em-sock-em before too long.
Firefly
Firefly

Back to top Go down

Post by catherine dtardis Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:03 pm

catherine may look like just a sweet-natured redheaded momma (which was all very true), but her last name wasn't d'TimeAndRelativeDimensionInSpace for nothing! she happened to help her husband save people, planets and sometimes the whole universe a number of times. not to mention all the adventures that fell into her lap while she was pregnant with the little baby girl still currently carrying on like she'd lost her favorite toy. so catherine thought it was curious that this woman who just confessed being on her own for the longest time got a phone call. while she waited for luciole to return she told herself that maybe it was the woman's work, or someone trying to sell herself something.

so when luciole came back and told catherine there her friend was coming to stay with her, that the mermaid just couldn't shake the funny feeling. luciole said she didn't know anyone around here and said she was on her own for the longest time...except for this friend who happened to call? but catherine just smiled, and turned the unfinished survey towards luciole, placing the pen on top of it. "i really need you to just fill out this survey first, it's very important to us. and i'm very very sorry, but peia seems determined to be a fuss bucket so while you fill that out i'll be right back." catherine and baby came out from behind the desk and went down the hall, turning the corner to slip into the d'tardis room on the ground floor. she was relieved to see the tardis parked inside, and as soon as she was inside the ship and the door was closed behind her she yelled, "doctor!" that's right, she called him doctor. she meant business!

The Doctor popped his head out from underneath the center console, he was filthy, and had his welding goggles over his eyes, a welding torch in his hands. he had apparently been going about fixing some stuff, and cleaning out some space, because now, he was able walk underneath the center console. when he saw his wife with the baby, he reached up with a heavy gloved hand and turned the flames down and smiled big and bright. pushing the goggles up onto his forehead." 'Ello 'Ello!" he shouted back, taking a few steps up some freshly installed stairs, and tossed the welding torch somewhere, tripping over the hoses on the last step up. and he removed his gloves, tossing them onto the console. "How are you liking desk duty at the inn? whats wrong with Peia?"

catherine really should've known better. whenever the tardis was idle, that meant her husband wasn't. him and his projects... "what in the world are you doing?" she sounded baffled. and maybe just a little bit worried! but she shook her head, that wasn't the point of her coming back here. "nothing's wrong with her, she's just being a loud-mouth like her father." a little smirk as catherine was undoing the fasteners on the carrier to pull the baby girl out. peia was beaming at her dirty father, making some of her 'ah-lalalal-ah!' sounds to show off again that she could make 'la'. "to be honest i was thankful for it, it came me an excuse to see you. there's a suspicious person at the front desk, tick. she told me she didn't know anyone around here and that she'd been all alone for years, but then she got a phone call that she took outside and when she came back in she asked if her friend could stay with her, a man who 'knows how she gets'."

"yeah, she does take after me doesnt she?" The doctor smiled loosely when he said that and reached forward to give the little girl a tickle. "that's very brilliant good work, peia." IT was times like these that the Doctor was glad that the interior of the TARDIS was housed in another dimention that absolutely prevented any form of surveillance whatsoever from seeing or hearing anything that happens inside the TARDIS once the front door is shut, which it was. to her second bit of news the doctors smile became a very serious look. "Hm, that does sound a little off doesnt it? she said she didnt know anyone, and then opted to have a friend stay with her... well isnt that just a sticky wicket..." a pause and a moment of confusion. "Does that apply here?... yes." and then a nod. "and this other person 'knows how she gets?' what do you suppose she means by that?"

peia dissolved into bubbly baby laughter, bouncing in her mother's arms as the doctor tickled her. the baby absolutely adored her father. "she said not that she wasn't sure we were nice people but she'd feel better if he was close by. which doesn't sound like a person who'd been alone for a long time at all. i don't like it, tick. she was trying to get out of filling out the rest of my new resident survey, too." at least catherine felt like she was. when the girl went out and came back both times not answering the last few questions catherine had asked her. "i don't like it. i think you should go talk to her." that's right, catherine was dumping this on her husband's lap. but who better to put on the case than a timelord? her husband did like to remind everyone of how brilliant he was, after all. all the time.

"Oh. well... I suppose I could do that." The Doctor smiled brightly again, and gave a nod, lifting his head up and removing his welding goggles, dusting off his soot and dirt covered jacket, best he could. given the fact he was banging around downstairs, didnt help the fact that he looked dirty still. his face was also a little dirty. and with his dusted off jacket, he reached into the interior pocket of his jacket, producing his psychic paper. it where his credential, they showed people whatever he wanted them to see inexplicitly. "should i keep pushing on the survey issue?"

catherine tisked her tongue at her husband, trying to keep in her grin and the snicker. shifting peia to her left hip, she said chidingly, "oh come here, honestly..." and then catherine did the old lick her fingers so she could wipe the biggest patch of dirt on his face. "there, that's a little better...and yes, she has to finish that survey, tick, she's the very first one to fill it out and i want it to go well because it was my idea to have one in the first place...but..." as for the suspicious behavior of the girl and the phone call and the friend catherine had to pause and think about it. she honestly hadn't expected the doctor to ask for advice and she had to bite back her urge to say, 'which one of us is the timelord here?!' "i don't know...fib and say her friend has to be with her at the time of check-in?"

"Got it." will do." and he made a face when she cleaned his face, glancing down at his daughter. "you know, you'll be in this point some day... so you know, get your fill now." The doctor smiled again and he leaned forward and gave his wife a kiss, petting his daughters head." hey, is my tie straight?" what a silly thing to be worried about when your suit was ruffled. and covered in soot. but the doctor was nothing if not a silly man at times.

the baby laughed, leaning forward in her mother's arms as much as she could to grab at her dad's clothes. she was in a serious grabbing phase. catherine returned her doctor's kiss, petting her fingers through his hair to straighten it out. those same fingers would drop to straighten his tie, since he was concerned about it. "as straight as you are clean, my foxy husband." she gave him a sassy little smirk. "i just don't like lying...when someone feels they have to lie about not knowing anyone at all, that can't be good can it?" catherine slipped the baby into the baby seat that the doctor had installed next to the console long ago when she was pregnant with killian. with peia settled in she could shoo her husband to do the door, literally. "now hurry up, tick! if she's out there alone too long who knows what'll happen. i'm going to stay here, and watch on the monitor."
catherine dtardis
catherine dtardis

Back to top Go down

Post by The Doctor Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:09 pm

"Right, right, I'm going I'm going... I love you! and uh..." pausing to
give her bottom a little swat."Thank you for helping me with my tie.
Peia, you be good for mommy." He leaned forward and stole a kiss before
bolting through the door of the TARDIS.

The Good thing about the
TARDIS was that inside the machine time was relative, in that the time
between Catherine leaving Firefly, and the time the doctor casually
entered the inn again was about fifteen seconds.

The Doctor
smiled brightly and offered the young lady a wave."Good Afternoon" The
Doctor had an absolutely perfect scottish accent with his words." Sorry
about that, Catherine had to step away, I think it was a dirty diaper.
My name is James McCrimmon The Master electrician"Pausing to show her
the psychic paper which held his credentials to exactly that fact. "I'll
be finishing out your check in... I'm terribly sorry for the
inconvenience." The doctor again smoothed out his jacket and stepped
behind the counter. " Pardon my disorganization but uh, where did
Catherine leave off when she had to step out?"
The Doctor
The Doctor

Number of posts : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by Firefly Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:54 pm

She smiled in a gentle manner and just did make eye contact, keeping up the demure facade she had led with. "I'm sorry if I offended the lady, sir. I was trying to get a room, and while I was checking in, my old boyfriend called and told me to ask for a double room. We broke up not too long after I got pregnant and lost the baby...." She trailed off, even effecting a sniffle and watery eyes. "Anyway, he wants to work things out away from his family, and I do love him, so....." Her eyes grew wide as she covered her mouth. "I'm so sorry, sir! I rambled! I'll leave if you want me to....but I really would like to get a room, if it's possible."
Firefly
Firefly

Back to top Go down

Post by The Doctor Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:25 pm

Well that certainly was a lot to take in. and while she spoke. The good Doctor listened with good nature and rapt attention. offering a slow nod when she was done. The doctor had been around the block more then just a few times. and well Catherine had a point, this woman was a little shady. shifting stories and all that. It wasn't his place to deny her a room, which is why very much like her the Doctor could keep his act going. opening with another big smile

"I, didn't say you'd offended her... it was dirty diaper... you're fine, no worries..." He looked down at the paperwork on the desk shuffling around the papers before picking up the survey Catherine had started. "here we are, you see we have this form, We can go ahead and set you up with a double room... but your... Ex; he's going to have to fill one out when he gets here too. before i can issue him a key."

The Survey, half filled out with Catherine's handwriting was placed down in front of him. a ink pen tapped on his tongue before he positioned himself to write." we can finish yours up and get you moved in strait away though next question. "Do you need a full kitchen and or a private bathroom?" he was perfectly chipper. as was his way; just trying to be a good worker here.
The Doctor
The Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mael Feu Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:05 am

Ten minutes. He had said that he would see her in ten minutes and that's how long he intended to take and how long it should have taken her to secure a room.

As soon as he hung up the phone and he put away his; fingers moved along the notches of his belt till he found the right one. A press of his fingers and the stud pushed aside and a small pill popped into his awaiting hand. Like he had hinted, he couldn't waltz right into the inn knowing the Lycan was there -she'd smell him - and therefore it had to be masked. That's what the pill was for.

A drug perfected by the Syndicate's Science and Genetic Task Force for use of tracking Vampires and Lycans. Feeling like acid in the system it intoxicated the blood changing it's properties and making it virtually odorless and took away the scent on the skin. As with anything scientific it had it's downfalls: one pill per 24 hour period, keep a heart rate between 50 - 80, and don't get cut. Break any one of those and exposure was risked. It took 10 minutes for the drug to completely work it's way through the system and Mael counted his heartbeat as the minutes ticked by and he approached the Inn.

Not much he could do about his appearance, just bank on the fact that it had been night and the shadows kept his features.

The time was slightly after 15 minutes (so he was later than he said) when his hand opened the main door and he stepped in, pulling the sunglasses off his eyes and hooking them into his shirt. He saw Firefly standing there at the desk as well as a man with a pen. A man, not a chick like she told him. They must have switched people.

"Hey Boss," speaking to the man first and flicking him quick and lazy two-fingered wave as he came up behind Firefly. Mael brushed his right hand over her shoulder to reach down to stop mid chest.

"Get the room?"
Mael Feu
Mael Feu

Back to top Go down

Post by Firefly Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:27 am

Her eyes widened, and she nibbled on her lower lip as he, for all intents and purposes, groped her. She wasn't complaining, of course....after all, he was a little hotty, and there was just something about a guy that simply owned a room when he stepped inside. Even so, in a fluid motion, she reached up to take his hand, letting loose what she hoped was a girly giggle.

"Hi, honey. Yes, I believe this nice gentleman was about to tell me where the room was....and I don't know about the kitchen, sir, but I would like to have a private bathroom. Is that okay with you, sweetheart?" Was she trying to get a rise out of him? In a manner of speaking, hell yes.
Firefly
Firefly

Back to top Go down

Post by The Doctor Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:28 am

"James please, Jamie if you're feeling friendly... not really a boss though ey'? just a humble Electrician covering for a dirty diaper run...Its absolutely brilliant of you to join us sir. Unfortunately though We've got to finish the check-in process before I can offer you a room." The Doctor smiled brightly and tapped the paper with the tip of his pen before he wrote down the answers that where given. don't think that it escaped the doctors attention that this young ladies demeanor. He was a Doctor after all.

The man was given a sizing up by the doctor then, The doctor's eyes carried the weight of knowledge, every single great bit of knowledge carried about within the Time Lord's mind. he carried on though, attention back to the young lady.

"Brilliant!moving on then. Do you require any large of small scale renovations, and or have any special requirements? aversion to water, sunlight, anything like that? and Finally... Will you be paying for your room through Coin, or Trade?" His tone was kept absolutely pleasant. Technically he wasn't acting, which made his performance all the better. he was an electrician, he knew absolutely everything there was to know.

"Oh, I'm also going to need Photo Identification, to have on file in case the authorities inquire after our guest roster. Can't be harboring shady character's and all that? We here at the Tel'Ranaemyn Inn take every step to insure the safety of all who dwell here." All of that was spoken as if he was reading it all off of a list. as if it where the Inn's mission statement. A big beaming brilliant smile kept on.
The Doctor
The Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mael Feu Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:30 pm

The guy was a humble electrician, that's what he said and Mael was going to buy that bullshit with a quarter. There was nothing humble about the guys attitude. He'd never run across a humble guy who stood like this one here and with a smile that marked off a win.

Humble.

This guy was full of pride for what he was doing currently and probably his job in total. That was something Mael deduced while drummed his now held hand against Firefly's chest to the pattern of his heart rate. She only held it; not pulled it away or told him to stop so why should he?

Turning up his head to look around the foyer area more noticeably before looking to the man again. "I feel safer here already knowing they insure the patrons safety, don't you darling?" A turn down of his head to smile at Firefly.

"We won't be needing anything special done to our rooms Mister...." And that is where he stopped give a single laugh with a sigh and a shake of his head. "I'm sorry, I missed the introductions and I don't see a nametag anywhere..." For the second time his voice trailed off but this time it was followed up by Mael's finger snaking the air in front of him in this electrician's direction.

"How do I know you and the diaper changer actually work here and are not looking to take advantage of a situation?" Moving his hand slowly across Firefly's waist until flat palm and spread fingers pressed against her stomach. He was holding her to him in an almost protective way.

She wouldn't move away if she knew what was good for her. "Hard to believe that a place so adamant about identification would label their employees. Otherwise I could be given personal information," which included payment details, "To a con-artist."

Mael's head tipped down chin to chest and leaned it against Firefly's. Mouth in direction of her ear for her to know his words were meant for her. And the man, of course. His eyes were looking up at him. What an affectionate pair they made. "Have to look out for my girl."

"Sure you understand." And he smiled. A regular and ordinary smile.
Mael Feu
Mael Feu

Back to top Go down

Post by Firefly Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:47 pm

Her eyes were threatening to pop from her skull....she was a talented actress, it was one of the prerequisites of the job, but damn, he was getting her all kinds of hot and bothered. If this was just his act, then she would damn sure be subscribing to the real thing!

She didn't miss a beat in joining into his little PDA moment, reaching her arm behind him to grab a nice handful of ass. The other arm went around him as well, but in a far more chaste manner."I feel safer already, lover. Thanks for showing up when you did, there's no telling how much information I would have given out....God, I was about to give him my social security number!" She put on a shocked and affronted expression, leaning her head against her big, strong man's shoulder.

She would not admit it, but dammit, when she got this cat alone, he was gonna be calling her name in his sleep for a f-ckin' month. At least.
Firefly
Firefly

Back to top Go down

Post by ~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~ Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:11 pm

We will not say where Azlin was coming in from. Because really no one wanted to know those things. She had been out and about, and that would be how she was coming in, at perhaps a good or bad moment, depends on whom you asked. A skip in her step. The scent of fresh lilac's would spring up, softly, not to heavily in the area. Steps were paused, because the back of the person she saw at the check in desk looked like a back she had followed down some basement stairs before. She remembered so many things. And so that musical voice would call out. "BLT...is that you?"

Yes, she called him her own nickname for him, because she never got his real name, or if she did that was forgotten. If he was whom she thought he was, he had stood up for her to the employees over at another Inn that she had gone to visit, and it had been the last visit there. The basement there was rather scary, and she decided after her adventure with BLT that she wanted nothing to do with it.

If anyone happened to look behind them, Az was dressed in her often present white flowing gown, long sleeves that tampered off, feet were bare.
~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~
~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~

Number of posts : 181

Back to top Go down

Post by The Doctor Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:57 pm

The doctor reached into his pocket and again produced the simple black envelope that he had shown the young lady when he first arrived." I'm terribly sorry sir, of course I understand; you see. I showed the lady my credentials when i first arrived. In order properly identify myself... sir." the credentials in question identified him as James MacCrimmon, Master electrician of the Inn, just as he showed the young lady. "So, as you can plainly see sir, I am properly labeled. " He gave nothing away in his tone, just the same happily polite tone he kept the entire time."The young woman here before, has similar credentials identifying her as one who works the front desk."

At least Catherine wasn't paranoid and it was right of her to ask him to come in this woman and now her 'boyfriend' where absolutely shady. The shifting personalities, changing stories. It was nothing he couldn't handle.

He wrote the answers provided down. and slid the form away. and gave a nod. The lady, she wasn't anywhere near as good as she thought she was. as it was her act lacked consistency in just the few exchanges she had shared with him the doctor noticed a great shift in how she acted. " Photo Identification please; as you where so kind to point out we here at the Tel'Ranaemyn do so like to insure the safety of our guests."

When the resident of the inn stepped up the Doctor smiled up at her. he was still holding the credentials though he had clearly not thought about that fact and decided to put them away after a wave, sliding them back into his pocket. "Welcome back Ms. Azlin."The doctor took stock of everyone who stayed here at the inn, what good was a universal protector who didn't know who he was protecting.
The Doctor
The Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mael Feu Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:35 am

Shifting personalities. Change of story. Those two things did not apply to him because he had only got there not long ago and had said no story of himself. Nor had he changed his act. He was the same cuss now as he had been when he walked into the door. Whatever Firefly had told this guy about him, well, that he did not know. But that really wasn't an issue, was it?

At least the man was good enough to offer up some identification of his own. "Not a problem." Was said to the man as the credentials were shown. "Good to know who I'm talking to, James." Good for more reason then the obvious.

A pinch given to Firefly's stomach as Mael started to move his hand from her from to side and he tapped on her hand to ebb it from his ass. "'Cuse me a moment. Don't mind if I get your papers out, do you." It wasn't a question for he was going to do it anyway. But first he pulled out a folded card the size of an index note from his back pocket. Just as he was about to slip his fingers into his partners back pocket someone else came in. She even was speaking to him.

Mael took a partial back step with a turn - perfect to conceal from the view of James anything he happen to do to FireFly's backside - and picked his head up to see a familiar face. "Lilac." Good lady she was if not unappreciated at the place he met her.

"New job?" It was an honest question. She was here instead of there, why wouldn't he think that she was working somewhere new?

In that hand Mael now had two index size cards and each would fold out landscape to double size. From being in the back pocket there was a bend. That's where hers was, wasn't it? They all had cards. In a realm where there were beings and creatures from multiple universes and dimensions they could not be faulted for having identification that didn't look the same as the fairy next door.

Wink was passed to FireFly as he finally moved his hand from around her so he could display the cards. "Your secrets out." The card was flashed to her first so she could get a glimpse of it before it was flipped out to James. He was talking about her name. FireFly's card had a head shot picture on the right panel, hair was the same color but it was longer. Looked like it went past her shoulders but as it was a head shot who knew how long it really was. The standard things were there for identification: height, weight, and her name as Kusunde L. Gavin.

His was similar, hair slightly shorter and his name as Julian Wade.

Of course, just as he was not given James' information to handle these cards were not handed over either. He had only asked to see it and it was clear to see that they were the people the cards said they were and it was held out long enough to see that before closed and he handed FireFly hers and Mael returned his to his back pocket.

"I'll pay for the room." And he placed six of the standard silver coins used for commerce in the realm of Rhy'din down on the counter. He didn't know if that would cover it but it was a start. "Anything else?"
Mael Feu
Mael Feu

Back to top Go down

Post by Firefly Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:47 pm

She laid her head on Mael's shoulder, adapting this unforeseen....Kusunde?!....change to her needs. "Julian, honey, I thought we weren't giving out our real names in this town. The people in the last town were so backwards and odd...remember the old lady that said they could use our real names in some sort of voodoo mumbo-jumbo?" Affecting a frightened look, coupled with a tightening of her grip on his arm, she gasped. "I'm sorry, mister, but you know how it is. A girl can't be too careful, and I-I was going to sneak him in. I didn't think you would allow us to stay in the same room, since we aren't married yet."

This hick was really full of himself. From the smart-ass grin to the way he carried himself...and who the hells was this bleached-out floozy flirting with her man? Well, not exactly her man for reals, but sh-t, close enough! "Sorry, sis. He's taken. But....BLT? Great, now I'm hungry. Julian, maybe we could get something to eat before we turn in. What do you say, sweetheart?"

He's going to kick my ass, I screwed up, and I deserve it. Oh well, won't be the first time my ass got kicked, and who knows, maybe he'll kiss it and make it better.
Firefly
Firefly

Back to top Go down

Post by ~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~ Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:55 pm

She would turn that smile over to the man behind the desk. Now, if she did not know the man by sight, no one would guess, there was no tell tale sign of anything being out of the ordinary. "Jamie! Tis good to see you. I hope the wife and kids are doing well." Now, what good was a Goddess that did not know things that she could drop, when it was called for? Exactly, so hope he doesn't give anything away.

A grin, touched her lips at the fact that he did remember her, not that she doubted it. The woman had no problems with her ego or self confidence. "Tis good to see you again." A gentle shake of her head, with a small laugh. "Oh, no, I am no longer working in that way. I actually stay here, up on the third floor." Oh now that was harmless enough, and she would of left it that way, but then the girl had to make a comment.

Baby blues stayed upon the pair a moment, it was obvious to her that if they were a couple it was a new thing. Their was a stiffness, and something else seemed off. A grin to the woman. "Oh, that's never stopped a man from visiting my rooms before." A impish little wink, partly invite partly letting him know she was playing, to BLT, that was his name as far as she was concerned. No matter what anyone else thought.

With a graceful movement she would move towards the stairs, pausing as she touched the first one. "Room 313, just in case your wondering." A twinkling laugh as she started up the stairs, unless something had her turning and coming back.
~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~
~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~

Number of posts : 181

Back to top Go down

Post by The Doctor Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:05 pm

The doctor stared at both of them for a moment. did they really really expect him to just give them a room key after all of that, admitting to him that they where lying about their names and in the next second. telling him that the initial plan was going to be just sneaking the man in."uhh... huh... You're going to have to hold on a moment.Ms. Azlin... can you keep an eye on this area here for a moment?"Hopefully he could grab her before she was gone.He tone was still absolutely polite and pleasant and he took a step back and offered a polite salute before he stepped away, and down the hall. giving a most polite knock, hopefully De'Ryanna was in there.

De'Ryanna was there, sorting a few things out on paper and dressed with a shawl around her shoulders. Perhaps she was getting ready to head out to the Market. That's what it seemed like anyway. Once she was done. "Hmm? It's open." That's what she said as she checked off another thing or two on her list.

The door opened and the doctor offered her a great big smile. before stepping into the room and closing the door behind him. and when the doctor turned back around he wasn't smiling anymore, there was maybe a look of quiet concern on his face." sorry for bothering you. But, I'm the Doctor, and my wife Catherine was manning the front desk. and she asked me to take a look at a potential guest, because she was acting a little weird; at first she said that she didn't have anyone to stay with her and hadnthad anyone in ten years. but she came back after a phone call and had a boyfriend that was going to stay with her." The Doctor spoke very quickly but he spoke clearly, hopefully Ryan could pick it all up. " I've been assisting them, and I believe that my wife was absolutely correct in that this young lady is not a trustworthy sort."

Unless the Doctor's body chemistry would change De'Ryanna now had his scent, next time she would know who it was..though there was the bit of Catherine on him. "Mmm yes..." She could listen to quick conversation and follow it. Consider it a listening skill that was part of her training. "She sounds like someone who has something to hide. Why the riffraff always find their way here is beyond me. You'd think there was a sign on door."

"Well yes, there is a sign on the door, and its not at all the fact that she has something to hide that bothers me. because really, everyone has something to hide. its a fact of well, people. but there is a difference between someone with something to hide, and people who are actively being deceitful. You know, that whole thing about an honest sinner and a pious liar."

She smiled then as she folded up her paper and tucked it into a small pouch on her waist belt. "Do you have something against liars, Doctor?" She found that a bit funny. Not that she was a liar, maybe that's what made it funny. "Have they done anything wrong aside from spinning webs of lies?"

"Well no, not liars in general. Politics is filled with liars, but sometimes they help alot of people. . It's not Liars that bother me. No,but yes! he accused me of being a Conman, i'm not a Conman." A look of confusion for a moment."Now I know that all of that doesnt add up to not being able to offer them a room. Because its all conjecture and theories... But I do know that I dont feel comfortable extending an invitation to them... which is probably why I'm not typically an inn keeper... I'm a good electrician though, if anyone asks."

"Reminds me of the males in my family," that was partially mumbled but it was still able to be heard. Accusing him of being a conman. The males in her family seemed apt to tossing names on people even without knowing them. Assumptions. She gave a bit of a sigh. "It's not typically easy knowing that you'll be staying in a place with people you'd rather not have in your company and if I could have it another way then I would, but Epiphany has foolish rule about offering shelter to those who ask. Another reason why those who can't pay can stay as long as they work. I gather that unless they are committing a crime then there's no reason to turn them away." she paused. "make sure they sign the book. I don't care if they sign it with their toes but if they don't sign they can't get a room. Or go anywhere besides the public rooms on this floor." that last wasn't law but it was her own addition. If they were untrustworthy folks she didn't want them wandering all over the Inn without being bound to the book.

"It happens alot. people lash out when they feel threatened."The Doctor slid his hands into his pockets and gave a nod." Epiphany is a very nice young lady. I took her to see the end of time once, She can be really too nice at times though." another nod and the doctor went on."Could I get you to come on out and issue them a room and all that? I can't do it... not a very good innkeeper you know." the doctor's tone had calmed down. he wasnt all too happy about that fact, but he had said he wasnt ver comfortable offering a room to people.

Ryanna glanced over to the door, watching it for a moment as she was in thought and than gave a small shrug of her shoulders. "Well I suppose that I could if you would rather have your hands clean if them. I was heading out anyway. " And she was, thus the shawl and the list she had folded away. "Give me a moment and I will be there. "

"Thank you De'Ryanna I really appriciate it... I'll be back out there." The doctor smiled again stepped through the door again. and then back out to the front desk. His scottish accent returning and another smile."Sorry about that.The front desk manager will be out in just a moment to finalize your check in and all that. should get you settled in and taken care of quickly.Me Ive got some electrician things to do. I hope you enjoy your stay" The Doctor's tone was still absolutely polite and pleasant.His hands still did on into his pockets. A smile up to Azlin"Thank you Ms. Azlin." and the doctor stepped off, going back up to his room of the inn, and from there into his TARDIS.
The Doctor
The Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:47 pm

Madeline was making her way from her room to the bar when she passed her sister. De'Ryanna had pulled her to the side, and asked her if she would mind helping out with the situation at the front desk. Madeline of course said she would. Besides the fact it was her job description, she was curious. For all for she knew this girl could be one of the Black Ajah and her companion could be a Darkfriend. So Maddie made her way to and behind the front desk. She gave Azlin a friendly smile as she walked passed. "Hello Miss Azlin, how are you today?"

She gave the man and the young woman a once over. She had never seen either of them before, but something about them gave her a sense of dιjΰ vu, and not in a good way. Still she greeted them politely. "Hello, my name is Madeline, my sister is the front desk manager, she has asked me to see if I can be of assistance. Now what can I do for you?"
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Number of posts : 1173

http://madelinecauthon.webstarts.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Firefly Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:47 pm

She could have kissed this Madeline person. She had, whether through her own actions or someone else's request, saved that fool 'electrician' from getting a knife in the throat. And the bleached-out bimbo flirting with what was ostensibly her man, right in front of her? F-ck! These people were begging to be killed! Her hand sought Mael's, and squeezed it tightly. "Thank you very much, Madeline. Thanks also for relieving this.....little man. I don't know what the problem is, the sign says all are welcome, and....well, anyway, thanks, cutie." She had to admit that the new receptionist was cuter than the nerdy electrician. If she went for women....

Firefly was relieved for another reason that she couldn't say out loud, of course. Mael would have kicked her ass all over this place if she had screwed up badly enough to get them bounced from the place. Count your blessings, sister. So, she would let go of Mael, and stand silently while he took care of business.
Firefly
Firefly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next