Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Rest, at last [Open to fair play]

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Rest, at last [Open to fair play] Empty Rest, at last

Post by Mat Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:37 am

It had been a long, long while since he had been in these lands, and there was little that had surprised him. However, now, he was experiencing that very sensation. A lone woman had accosted him, posing as a beggar, and had literally transformed right before his eyes into some sort of demon. He knew what to do, at the very least. With a smug look, he unlaced the binding on his back, drawing the ashandarei in a smooth motion. A swift sweeping motion sent the demon reeling back, and a backswing took her head. He spat, adjusting his hat, and scowled. "Filthy Darkfriend scum. At least you bloody well didn't bother my hat. Bloody good hat, it is."

Realizing he was talking to himself, he shrugged, replaced his weapon, a naginata-like staff ending in a curving blade, before stomping his boots and continuing on his way. He had heard of a place to rest, and rest is what he needed. That, and a good flaming game of dice, some wine, and maybe a pretty woman or two to look at. As long as there were no bloody Aes Sedai.

His steps eventually led him to the doors of the inn. It was no Queen's Head, but it would do for now. At least he wouldn't be sleeping under a bush tonight! He could almost already taste the wine, and feel the dice. Bloody flaming ashes, the dice were rolling in his head. Again. Well, there was nothing for it now, he thought as he pushed the doors open and walked into the front room. As soon as he saw the desk, he walked to it, placing a few gold marks on the counter and waiting patiently.

Last edited by Mat on Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Mat
Mat

Number of posts : 13

Back to top Go down

Rest, at last [Open to fair play] Empty Re: Rest, at last [Open to fair play]

Post by Madeline Cauthon Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:54 am

Madeline had been at the bar wipini off the tables trying to keep her Great Seperent ring from falling off when she saw the man at the desk. Madeline walked over to the desk. "Welcome to the Tel'Ranaemyn Inn how can I help you"

Last edited by Madeline Cauthon on Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Number of posts : 1173

http://madelinecauthon.webstarts.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:13 am

He had barely had time to survey the room before a woman popped up at the desk. He took a long look at her, noticing that she was quite pretty, and therefore, he had one of the things he was looking for already. "Hello there. My name is Mat, and I'm looking for a room. One that doesn't have fleas in the sheets, by the way. I have plenty of coin, so how about you point me in the direction of the wine and dicing? You're welcome to join me, of course."

He had barely spoken when he saw the ring on her finger. He gave a start, reaching into his shirt to make sure the fox-head medallion was still there. He felt the comforting coolness of it against his bare chest, and relaxed. Only a little, though. Those Tar Valon witches had a habit of spinning a web around a man and never letting go! He adjusted his posture, allowing the medallion to show a little, maybe as a warning that her tricks wouldn't work on him. With a smirk, he tilted his hat a bit and looked around.

"At least it's clean in here. So, how about that wine? What did you say your name was?" He knew she hadn't spoken her name, but he was willing to wait while she summoned up a bit of decorum. He could be patient, but he preferred to be drunk. And why in the bloody flaming hell were those flaming dice still rolling in his head?

Last edited by Mat on Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Mat
Mat

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:37 am

Madeline smiled. "My name is Madeline. My you do ask a lot of questions Matt."

Maddie noticed the medallion and smirked. "Awww did some sister try to make you her bitch. Relax I don't like to channel."

Maddie checked the books and wrote his name beside room 113. "Now if ya can take your hand off your security blanket long enough, sign here and we'll go see about that drink."

Maddie crossed her arms with a cool grin on her face. She hoped he knew she was picking with him. After all if you can't have a sense of humor, what good are you.
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:46 am

He grabbed the pen, scrawling his name on the paper, and huffed. "I told that puffed-up haybrain Cadsuane that I was no Aes Sedai meat, and I bloody well flaming meant it. Really baked her beans when she tried to channel the bloody Power at me and I offered to remind her what it was like to be treated like a child." He smiled maliciously, and took his hand out of his shirt.

Business to attend to, wine to be drunk, dice to be tossed, and women to be...well, for now, looked at. "A man that doesn't ask questions finds himself dead or in chains. I saw my skin as worth saving, and hauled it out of the area inhabited by the bloody high-and-mighty Dragon flaming Reborn. So, I've learned to be careful."

After awhile, he found himself unlimbering the ashandarei and looking around. "So, Mads, where do I sit while you go and fetch me something close to drinkable? And don't bother with the cheap stuff, I've plenty of coin and more plentiful ways to gain more!" He was already looking around for someone who looked as if they were in a hurry to bid farewell to their coin. He had his dice, his luck, and his wits. He didn't need anything else for now.

Bloody dice, he thought. Why are they tumbling that much harder?
Mat
Mat

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:21 am

Maddie listen to the man and smiled, she could think of at least two more Aes Sadi who would benefit from, the being treated like a child treatment. She then noticed his signature and raised an eyebrow. It seemed weird that the dude wrote her last name beside hers. Oh God!! Another brother she thought. "Cauthon huh, no relation to Gawain Cauthon are ya?"

She found herself smiling, as her mood softened up a bit. It was obvious this guy wasn't a push over, or at least he put up a good front."Chains huh, sounds fun. Perhaps there could be oil involved."

He called her Mads, why didn't that bother her? She had never liked the nickname, although lately sometimes, it fit. Then he had to go and say fetch. The last guy that talked to her like that almost had her fist print across his face.

She made her way from behind the bar and started walking towards the bar. Using the sarcasm she was so well known for, and a fake southern accent.she told him to follow her. "Yes Sir, Master, follow me."

As they reached the bar she went behind the counter and crossed her arms. "Now Mattie, what would you like?"
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:25 am

He looked at the girl questioningly. "Only family I have is either back at the Two Rivers or in the bloody Tower. Whoever this Gawain is, he isn't any relation. Probably flaming stole the name thinking to make a mark or something. Let me guess, short guy, bad hair, bad breath, thinks he's a bloody tough guy?"

[Ha!]

Her comment about chains and oil made him curious. "What? Oh. Wouldn't want the wrong kind of oil if that's your thing. Friction leads to sparks, and you wouldn't want an Illuminator's Guild member wandering in, thinking to meet up with a fellow member. Might not be the member they 'member." Smirk.

He was pleased that she took direction so well. "Huh. Well, you have guts. Your lucky day, too. Last bloody woman that tried to channel at me got her bottom warmed. Same went with the last one that gave me guff about an order." He switched to a high-pitched, mocking voice. "Hello, I am the Daughter of the bloody flaming Nine bloody Moons, and you will do my bloody bidding!" He snorted. "Showed her a thing or two. And before you ask, no, not that thing. I like my women with hair on their heads, thank you ever so bloody much."

Did. She. Just. Call. Him. Mattie. "Listen here, young lady. Show some respect, or you'll be carrying a pillow around to sit on." Bloody woman, calling him a name he hadn't heard since his older brother had teased him about getting into Tam's tabac? Oh, no, that wouldn't fly any farther than a Trolloc with a fireblossom up it's...well, you know. "Bring wine, leave the bloody pitcher, and find me somebody with the stones to throw some dice. Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.*" He nodded, then seated himself, taking his hat off and stowing it on a nearby seat. He had tried to block those dice tumbling in his head out, but when he spoke that last comment, they stopped tumbling.

He didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

[*translated from the Old Tongue-It's time to toss the dice.]
Mat
Mat

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:48 am

Madeline was relieved to know he didn't know Gawain, and they were not related. She smirked at his description. "Yeah more or less."

She giggled. "Y uh huh, member."

She had started walking off to get his food and drink when she was stopped dead in her tracks. Did he just call her young lady? And did he just threaten to spank her. Helll no!! Maddie merely cracked her neck, and walked to the bar.If he wanted wine he was going to get it all right. She picked up a bottle of some kind of white wine, and popped the cork. She grabbed a glass and walked back over to the table with a sweet smile on her face. She sat the glass on the table in front of him, and made like she was going to poor the wine in the glass. Instead she poured the whole bottle right in the middle of his lap. Setting the bottle down she gave a mocking sad face. "Awww I'm sorry, it looks like you've had an accident."

After that she grabbed his shirt and got in breathing distance of his face. Boy did he smell good. "Listen here you Aes Sadi hating jerk, no one, and I mean no one barks orders at Madeline Cauthon. Now I suggest you apologize for the threat before I do things to you that would make the Forsaken run like a little bitch."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:57 pm

Matrim had smelled wine. The fact that she mistook his bloody crotch for a cup was something of a sticking point. But then, she had to be a flaming smart-ass! Oh, no, but this little girl was about to learn some manners. He was silent, yet furious, and she just bloody flaming grabbed his shirt?! Last straw.

He grabbed her wrist, the very one attached to the fingers grabbing his shirt...bloody Taraboner charged be double for the flaming thing because of that idiot haybrain Rand's mouth, he thought, and here's another mouth that needed taming! He could accommodate that. With a snatch, she would find herself much closer than she would have come herself, and with a snatch, his hat was out of the way....

.....and Madeline bloody Cauthon was over his knee.

"You." *smack!* "Will." *smack* "Learn." *smack!* "Some." *smack!* "Bloody." *smack!* "Flaming." *smack!* "Manners!" *SMACK!*

Yes, for those at home, Matrim just wore her backside out. He wasn't done, of course. "Now, little girl. Do you have a civil tongue in your bloody head?"
Mat
Mat

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:34 pm

"Hey what the f....." The next thing Maddie new she was over Mat's knee. Surely he wasn't serious he wasn't going to...

"OWWWWWWW!! Hey that...Owwwww... hurts, you..... sorry Owwww son of a .....Owwww. Damn it!!"

Maddie couldn't get a word out edge wise. Damn, this guy had a hard hand! She was at least grateful no one was around to see. At least he had stopped now maybe he'd stop being a horses ass and let her up. Once she caught a semi hold of her temper she answered his question.

Never in her life, had she's been treated in such away. Especially by a complete stranger. If he kept going she would break down and start crying, and there was no way she was going to let him see that!

Finally Madeline hung her head completely down. "Yes, I'm sorry okay. I shouldn't have spilled the wine on you. Now would you please let me up, and I'll fix it."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:32 am

Well, what a surprisingly refreshing thing. She had seemingly learned some manners! He had heard her about to protest, but that didn't stop him. He knew some women.....most bloody women...could lie through their teeth. "That was almost acceptable, Madeline. Now, I'm going to let you up, but if you try anything funny, or if you flaming channel at me, you'll get worse." It seemed like a decent bargain to him. She had bloody meant to do that with the wine! Light! And they called him mad!

He released her, and even steadied her as she stood. He was reasonable up to a point, but if she tried any funny business, he would make sure she regretted it. One should note that he had not used lethal force on her, he simply felt she needed to be taught an abject lesson in how to behave. "Go get some more wine, leave the wineskin, and be bloody quick about it. I'm so thirsty that I could turn this place, whatever it is, into the Waste." There was, of course, not much water to speak of in the Aiel Waste. With her being at least Accepted..he knew because of his dealings with Aes Sedai that you had to be at least an Accepted to wear the great serpent ring.

After a few moments, he looked around and sighed. "Well, where is everyone? There's dicing and drinking to be done! Don't tell me I'm the only one around here who knows how to gamble!"
Mat
Mat

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:31 am

Madeline, grateful to be up off his lap, rubbed her very sore bottom, and obediently did as she was told. Rubbing her very sore bottom and walking she mumbled in Drow under her breath. "Vithin Waeles."

When she got back, she poured the wine in his glass. "Has anyone told you, you could give the mistress of novices a run for her money."

Madeline stood there kind of nervous, she really didn't know what to say or do, or how to act. In all her year she had been able to hold her own against any man. Now this guy comes along. Although she would never admit it to herself, Madeline kind of liked it.

"Can I get you anything else Mr. Cauthon?"
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:52 pm

Keely had been locked away for far to long in her home realm and finally found the way back to this place but this time she came prepared with a bag. Lucky for her she was landed in the same room as she was in before. Unpacking her bags she goes in to take a much needed shower before she heads out to see what if anything was going on. Once she was done with her shower she dressed in jeans, a t-shirt and tennis shoes having every intention to be comfortable while she was here. Taking a look in the mirror she scoops up her room key sticking it in her pocket and making her way down the hall to see what she could drum up for some fun. Hearing voices as she came closer to the bar she grinned hearing something about dice and gambling. Hey it could be fun how would she know if she didn't give it a shot right. Not wanting to interrupt the pair she moved to the bar and waited for the tender to get done with the man that was there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:15 am

Mat smiled lazily, then locked Madeline in a serious gaze. "Bless you. Please tell me you don't sniff as well. Bloody women where I come from, I swear, and may the Light burn me, but they all seem to have hay fever. Or allergies. Anyway, you might want to get that seen to. I'm sure there's a Wisdom or a healer here somewhere." He gave a derisive snort at that. "You can't throw a stick back home without hitting some-bloody-body that is falling over themselves to poke you full of herbs and such." Yes, it was the most he had spoken in some time. Well, at once, at any rate.

After taking his glass and practically sucking the bottom out of it, he took the wine from her and refilled his cup. Looking to her with a raised brow, he waved his hand expansively at the table. "Where's your glass? I don't drink alone." He smiled in a lop-sided manner, then winked once. "I'd rather have something pretty to look at while I drink, anyway."

It dawned on him that she had called him Mister. "Blood and flaming ashes, woman! My Da is Mr. Cauthon. Call me Mat!" Seriously, he wasn't more than what, 27? Blood and ashes, if I have to choke the Eelfinn to death myself, I'll bloody well get my own memories back in my flaming head! he thought as he shifted, laying the ashandarei down beside his seat.

His gaze left Madeline for a moment to rest on the new arrival. Seeing that she was a woman, obviously, and had seated herself at the bar, he shrugged. "So, do you know how to dice? I could teach you, if you'd like. You seem to have a customer, though. I'll keep, just leave the wine." With a smirk, he added. "I promise not to be too drunk to talk before you return." He was a reasonable man. That seemed like a bloody good promise to him. After all, he had been drier than the Waste when he walked in.
Mat
Mat

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:34 pm

Madeline pretended to wipe her nose to keep from giggling. Thank heavens he didn't understand Drow. Otherwise, she would of been across his knee again. "I'm okay, just ummm allergies."

Madeline smiled. "I didn't know I was allowed to have a glass Mat. Besides, I don't really feel like sitting right now."

She saw the woman at the bar, she was grateful because it meant she didn't have to sit at the moment. "Hold that thought, I'll be right back."

Madeline walked to the bar and smiled at the girl. "Hello, what can I get for you today?"
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:21 am

The 5'6 with brownish blonde hair that happened to be a bit curly today sat at the bar looking around a bit letting the pair finish their conversation. She smiled to both as the tender came up to her and spoke. Thinking a moment and as Keely wasn't much for drinking she made a snap decision.

Water please...I don't drink all that much and boy when I do look out.

Laughing a bit boy did she talk to much at times or what. She waited having heard something about dice and asked the woman about it.

What kind of game is he playing with himself?

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:06 pm

Madeline gave the nice lady a bottle of water then lokked at Mr. Tall-dark-hard handed waitting at the table. She giggled. "You're more than welcome to find out."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:13 pm

Keely looked back at the man and then the woman and made a face as if to say well I don't know about this but I will try it maybe. She took her water and moved over to the man's table not thinking anything of it and standing there a moment.

Mind if I have a seat and you can teach me this game so you don't have to play with yourself?

She stood there fully aware of how that came out and only smiled at him holding her water.

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:53 pm

Madeline grabbed a beer from the cooler, and made her way from behind the bar. She leaned back on a bar stool in a standing position with her legs crossed. She took a sip and smirked, this could get interesting. Maddie held up her beer to the girl. "Good Luck."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sage Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:53 pm

Sage had spent a good time away from New Haven. Passing through town, Sage decided to stop in the inn and have a drink. When she walked inside she took a deep breath. This place never changed. Smiling, Sage makes her wat to the bar. She really didn't recognize anybody there with the exception of Madeline. She walked over to the bar and took a seat.

"Hello again Madeline, good to see you."
Sage
Sage

Number of posts : 32

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:55 pm

Rose heard a familiar voice and smirked. Making her way she saw her twin sister there sitting at the bar. They weren't identical as they had appeared before that was just a fun game they can play at times but this was far better. At least Rose thought it was, they can be themselves more now. Making her way over she took a seat next to her sister and poked her.

*Good to see you found your way back finally. On the designated day we decided on at that. *

A wink was given and that smirk was still on her lips.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:25 pm

Mat had dozed off, oblivious to the fact that the bar seemed to have sprouted women by the bushel. When he opened his eyes, he was a happy little lecherous soul! "Well, well, about time my reputation preceded me! So much to do, so little time!".....and who said he had to limit himself to that bloody Nine Moons woman? She could go stuff her shirts alone!

His eyes went over to Keely, and he nodded once. "It's easy, I usually just play high-low according to what the local taste for dicing is. It varies according to the clientele." He shrugged, signifying that that was pretty much the size and shape of the game, and allowed his gaze to wander. The room had definitely brightened since he had gotten there. He couldn't help but smile as he thought Oh, so THAT'S why those flaming dice stopped rolling!...
Mat
Mat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:51 pm

She raised a brow curiously at the man and had no idea what in the world he was talking about but was a little curious to say the least. But seeing he seemed uninterested in telling her more she shrugged and took her drink back to the bar to have a seat.

Thanks for the information on the game.

Not that he really gave her anything to go on but he did give her information. A more curious patient person would have asked more questions but she had little patience to ask especially to those who seemed preoccupied.

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:35 pm

Madeline took the chair directly across the table from Mat. She turned the chair around backwards, and sat on it in a straddled position. Crossing her arms over the top of the chair, resting her chin on her arms. She gave Mat a flirtatious smile. "Tell me something Mat, what do I get if I win?"
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:06 am

Mat laughed a bit, then grew serious. "When I dice, I play all-in. You might say that it's kind of what I get. You know, all or nothing?" He winked, allowing her to think what she wanted about what he said, but the look on his face was well within the realm of suggestive. True, he liked what he saw, and he was not seeking to hide it. "To be fair, I'll let you have the first toss. Ladies first, and all of that. Just be aware that, if I win...and I usually do....my terms will be named at a later date....and in private."
Mat
Mat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next