Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

A Picture is worth a thousand Words

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A Picture is worth a thousand Words Empty A Picture is worth a thousand Words

Post by Madeline Cauthon Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:56 pm

"HUH!! You know I could always put a spell on you to make you tell me, but that wouldn't be half as fun. But perhaps a change of scenery will do."

Madeline snapped her fingers once more, and transported herself and Derick to Crystal Falls. "There this is better."

Last edited by Madeline Cauthon on Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Number of posts : 1173

http://madelinecauthon.webstarts.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

A Picture is worth a thousand Words Empty Re: A Picture is worth a thousand Words

Post by Derick Silverleaf Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:09 pm

Just the thought of her being able to do such a think would bring a pause of silence from him. yes, him not being around magicks very often left him ignorant on a lot. That fact would prove itself even more when he would be finding himself stumbling backwards as they appeared in the new location. I mean, one second he is sitting on a stool, kiss stunned, and then he's in a clearing with a lake and waterfall. And then add the vast amount of whiskey on top of it! Looking around, he would look to her with that huge smile again, chuckling.

You know, you could have warned be a bit. You're gunna have to take it easy on me with that magic stuff. Not used to it really.

He then would start to take note to where they were. He recognized it. He had come here many times when he was relaxing, drawing, and having the small bit of socializing that he did during his brief stay here.

This place is very beautiful.
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Number of posts : 163

Back to top Go down

A Picture is worth a thousand Words Empty Re: A Picture is worth a thousand Words

Post by Madeline Cauthon Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:16 pm

"Madeline nodded. "OKay thats it for the magic. Besides I know if ya saw this place you'd love it. Now about this drawing. Where would you like me....Oh, and how would you like me."

There was almost a bashful tone to her voice.
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Derick Silverleaf Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:28 pm

He almost forgot about his leading comment about asking for the drawing material. But now that they were there, and she offered to be his model, he would smirk a bit. he honestly didn't know what to think or act anymore. Not sense that kiss. But, his mind would continue on the theme that they had been going with. So, he would look around them a bit, looking for a good spot for her to sit or lay. Seeing a series of smooth large rocks not too far from the waterfall he would smile and motion over to them.

Well, that looks like a good place. Would catch a bit of the view of the waterfall and the background of trees. As for how....well....

Oh yes, he wold be grinning. This would be a time when no mind reading would be needed. but this is Derick we are talking about. No matter how much drink he had in him he would never drop his manners.

Make yourself comfortable. That's all you really need to do.
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:56 am

She looked to make sure Derrick wasn't looking, and snapped her fingers again. When she did she had on a kind of open black and white horizontal striped sweater. With a white flowing skirt.

She made her way on top of the rocks. She laid on her back, propping her back and head up on some taller rocks. She placed both hands over her hands, and propped one leg up.

A Picture is worth a thousand Words Maddie16

Now that she was satisfied with her appearance, and her pose. She was ready to be drawn. "Okay Derick, how's this?"
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Derick Silverleaf Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:21 am

Well, lucky for her that once he said what he did, he started finding all the papers and pencils that she gave him. Then, he started looking around for a place to sit. It wouldn't be until he was securely propped up on a near by boulder ready to relax when he looked up to see her climbing up. Seeing her new attire would bring a wide smile to lips, head shaking just a bit. Magic. Something he would have to get used to. He wouldn't say anything about it. Normally a smart remark would be shot off. But honestly, when he looked up to see her easing back on the rock.....well lets just say he was pretty speechless. All he could do was look on. Poor Derick. Always the gentleman. Always the one putting out the proper manners vibe. But a pretty woman sprawling out and looking to him made all of that go to clay.

Those blues looked to her as head would nod slowly. Smirking just a bit as he realized exactly how long he was looking without answering her or moving even. Shaking himself free from that trance, he would take up one of the rough pencils and started to work. Head starting to move up and down as he looked to her, then down to the parchment.

That's....um...perfect, Madeline. Beautiful.

Now would he be speaking of her, or the picture that was painted with all of the surroundings? I'm sure she could guess.
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:32 am

Madeline smiled trimuphantly at Derrick. "Thank you!"

She was glad he was happy with her. She relaxed and let him get to it.
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Derick Silverleaf Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:42 am

That's right what he would be doing. As if he was a pro, he would be switching pencils as he drew the vision. But wasn't this every man's dream? To be allowed to look a woman up and down and call it due to needing to look for the details in the picture. However, as he drew, he still wished to speak. though as he talked now, there was a bit more of a slur. Yup....whiskey came into full effect.

So, I can trust that there's no man back at the Inn that will be hunting me down for....well.....for this?
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:46 am

Madeline thought for a minute. "No, not that I know of."

Then out of shear brattiness she thought she would have a little fun. "Well Dad maybe...Nah... He's to busy with his iother kids and his wife to pay attention to what I'm doing. Besides he knows I'm an adult and can make my own decisions... Of course if he's in the erea he might sniff around here. You know that nose of his can pick up anything.,,,But you guys are buds right? So everything is cool right?"

Madeline had a smirk on her face after she said all that.
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Derick Silverleaf Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:54 am

When she started speaking of her father he would simply smile, head shaking a bit.Derick had actually not even thought of Maddie's family. That is not until now. He new them, if she remembered that. Though not as well as he used too. Hands moving quickly. Those blues looking over her frame more with a smirk, then back to his work.

Buds? I guess we used to be. But that was a long time ago. Many years in fact. But......good.

Looking up to her, he would send her a quick wink. His face showing real adornment for the situation and what has happened int he last few hours.
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:57 am

Madeline was curious to how her father was all those years she missed.

"What was he like then Derick. I missed getting to know him once Schala sent me away, and I'm always fascinated to talk to people who knew him then."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Derick Silverleaf Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:05 am

We didn't know each other too well. But he's a good guy to work for. I really only knew him at The Alliance. Him and Air. But back then my mind was a little narrow minded. I could only focus on a few things at a time. I didn't talk to too many people. Though, I guess that's my norm.

Frowning a bit, he would pause from his drawing. There were a few downfalls of his wardrobe choice. One of which was feeling free and unrestrained when relaxing. Hands would come up to undo the top few buttons of his shirt. Stretching arms out, he would smirk. Much better now that his shoulders could move more easily.
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:24 pm

Madeline smiled. "Funny you don't seem to have a problem talking to me. I feel special. It must be bouncy hair-do"

Madeline had said it teasing, but she really did feel flattered he liked to talk to her.
"I hope after your business at the inn is done, you will come talk to me more often. I've had too many people I care about in my life just up and vanish for long periods of time, and I don't want you to be one of them. Got me!!"
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Derick Silverleaf Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:47 pm

Of course she didn't know it, be he was just about finished with the drawing. A curious eye continued to look up to her, making sure he had every detail that his perfection minded brain wanted. He would even start doing that whole pinky brushing thing over some areas creating a few shadow effects in just the right places. But with her words, he would smirk. True, he was speaking to her rather easily. That was a feat in itself.

Yes, well.... my mind surprises even me sometimes. But please, by all means feel special.

He would glance up to her, eyes attaching to hers as he smirked. He would even wink! Well now....looks like whiskey does the mind good in this case. Not the nervous boy that he was just a little while ago. Funny that.

Well, I think I might be able to make that happen. I usually keep myself pretty busy. But I always take time to do things that I......wanna do. Especially if i am all of a sudden someone that you care so much for as to not want me to disappear on ya. But that is also assuming....you would like to spend some more time with me?

Yes, it was a repetitive of what she was saying, but in his wobbly mind at the moment he was trying to read between the lines.
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:24 pm

Madeline had always loved a good wink and she returned the favor by blowing him a kiss."Of corse I want you to. And you know it." Madeline for the first time in months felt completely happy. "You know I think this the start of something beautiful." She was begining to dread tomorrow when he would his business at the inn was over. So she decided to enjoy the rest of the time he would be at the inn.
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Derick Silverleaf Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:39 pm

Hearing her first bit, he would look up to her with that warm smile of his. But then, back to the finishing touches of the picture. it was done. Now you were always your own worse critique, and Derick was no different. He was never satisfied with his own work, but he truly hope she liked it and didn't go all critical on him if he got some curves wrong. But then, he heard her next words. Those would bring a curious brow to peak. He looked to her, then back down at his work.

What do you mean? You haven't even seen it yet. You know you'll like it already?

Ahh....sweet innocent Derick. So ignorant at times.
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:30 am

Madeline giggled. "No silly, I was talking about us."

She noticed he wasn't drawing anymore. "Hey is it finished yet?"
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Derick Silverleaf Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:23 am

Her statement would bring a pause from him. It was obvious he was done. Good thing too cause he wouldn't notice his fingers going relaxed and the pencil he was using would slip out bouncing on the rock and plop into the water. Had she really just said that?

Um...there's an.....us?

He couldn't stop the smile from over taking his entire ear to ear area. He was absolutely stunned. Was she serious, or was his fuzzy mind playing games with him? But, finally snapping from that trance. Looking down at the parchment for a second, he would stand. Carefully hopping down from his perch he made his way over to her. Looking up to her with a shy smile, he revealed his work. Don't know why he was so shy about it. When she saw it, it would be an almost perfect image of her. Laying there on the rocks as she did. And it would be the face that would be the blue ribbon winner. He seemed to capture almost perfectly her eyes looking up at the invisible camera as if asking whoever was looking to join her.

I....hope you like it. Like I said, I just do this for fun. Not my greatest skill.
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:32 am

Madeline bent her head down a little embarrassed and she started talking in a low voice. "Well I was kind of hoping this might lead to an us."

Maddie then looked at the picture and smiled. "It's beautiful Derick. How can I ever repay you."

There was a certain sparkle in her eyes.
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Derick Silverleaf Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:42 am

That smile would remain. While she looked at he picture he would step up on a few stones to get his head up to a common level with hers. He was glad she liked it. That always worried him. However, for once, all the flaws that he saw in his work he would not be thinking about. Instead, his entire mindset was on this 'us' thing.

Now here is another triumph for the whiskey. Letting him feel more open, he would lean forward. bringing his head down to over inches from her he would smile. Those crystal blues locking with her own eyes.

Thank you. I had a beautiful model to work with. As for payment......have dinner with me?
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:26 am

Madeline smiled affectionatly. "Of course I'll have dinner with you. At the inn or did you have something else in mind?"
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Derick Silverleaf Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:44 am

Well... I think at the Inn would be best. I dont know the area very well anymore. Besides, I still have a cart full of goods that needs checking up on.

He would look up to her. She hadnt moved. She actually seemed rather comfortable. Of course, the view was something that he wouldnt be complaining over at any point soon. Looking down at his own work he would smile. Nodding just a bit, ten he carefully started to roll it up.

But, if you had any other plans by all means. Dont let me keep you from them. Im sure you ave a lot of people around here that would wander if you up and disappeared.
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:42 am

Madeline thought it would be best also. She also thought a private dinner would be even better. "Okay the inn it is. Would you like to walk back, or poof?"
She was hoping for the walk. It was too pretty not to.
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Derick Silverleaf Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:46 am

He would laugh lightly. Looking down to her he would give her a look of 'don't you dare'. Offering up his hand to her if she wished to climb down at that point. His eyes were still locked with hers. Again, his mind starting to think....these feelings are someing I havn't felt in years. What's going on?

Oh I think we can walk. You've done enough mumbo jumbo for that day's quota I think.
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:54 am

Madeline graciously took his hand and climbed down. Once down she wrapped her arms around him in a big hug.

She let go and raised her right hand. "I promise. No more tricks."

Madeline stood to his right side and wrapped her arm in his. "Shall we?"
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next