Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Rush Delievery for Vesta! ~( Open to all! )~

3 posters

Go down

Rush Delievery for Vesta! ~( Open to all! )~ Empty Rush Delievery for Vesta! ~( Open to all! )~

Post by Allissya Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:47 pm

A small hand lifted to rub at her forehead. Her boss was going to have her head. Oh she knew he would not be happy. But really what did he expect? She had to first go to the specific store that he had requested. Get them to do a rush job, not that the quality of the work was lacking, just paid a little extra to get the item made quicker. The fact that the place was dealing with her and not him, made them a bit more lax, and she did not want to be in thier shoes either, once her boss found out. It wasn't that he was a bad boss, but he was used to getting what he wanted when he wanted it, and if he had been there in person she did not think that the jeweler would of had the same attitude. Then she had to get the special wrappings. He was very specific that the wrapping paper must be holographic, so when they light hit upon it, little symbols like stars and moons showed different rainbow colors.

Once all of the parts were put together, she had a new problem, how to get where he was. But here she was, on the other side, away from all the creature comforts of her home. And at a Inn. Really he expected her to come and deliever a package to the Inn. Part of her hoped that he would send her on her way back home, but she knew that if he wished her to stay here, she would. Really there was not a choice in the matter. He was her boss, and she would be his employee until he fired her. Which put a bit of a rush into her step, for she was already running late. One did not need to be running any later then she already was.

When she stepped into the Inn, she was covered head to toe in snow clothing. Black winter boots, with light purple snow pants tucked inside, covered with a darker shade of purple with light purple highlighted coat, along with a matching scarf and hat. Not even a single thread of hair was visable. The only feature that was visable were her bright green eyes. Many people back home thought she had bought those color changing contacts, but they were all natural. She took a small breath once she entered the inn, her over night bag was attached to her shoulder, and she felt as if she had to walk any further she was going to fall down and be a marshmellow woman!

Allissya

Back to top Go down

Rush Delievery for Vesta! ~( Open to all! )~ Empty Re: Rush Delievery for Vesta! ~( Open to all! )~

Post by Aleshanee Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:08 pm

After Shane had shown Kendrick to his room, she still couldn't rest. She had thought about going and knocking on his door, just to ask him about if he had something to do with that. But she changed her mind, her sanity was rather in risk if she spent any more time with him right now. So she decided to go back to the bar.

Only that she got stopped on the way back, when she noticed the woman standing near the desk, covered from head to foot in shades of purple. She would study just a moment before stepping forward. "Hello! Can I attempt to help you out today? Looking for a room? Someone in particular?" She was not in her normal element, but she thought she could at least try to help this woman.
Aleshanee
Aleshanee

Number of posts : 68

Back to top Go down

Rush Delievery for Vesta! ~( Open to all! )~ Empty Re: Rush Delievery for Vesta! ~( Open to all! )~

Post by Allissya Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:19 pm

A tug on the strap of her bag, adjusting it so that it did not fall off her shoulder, when she heard the voice. Oh she knew that voice, she had talked to that voice many many times on the phone. Had fought with that voice, been accused by that voice, and had many conversations with that voice. She couldn't blame Shane, even if nothing had happened, some females were not used to things.

She would slowly removed her scarf from her face, looking to Shane. A smile was plastered upon her lips. "Shane! Mr. Bakersfield did not mention that you were here. Do you happen to know where he is?" She took a small breath, "He requested that I bring some things here for him." Winston had not mentioned that the work he had her going through was for Shane, he had made mention of the woman's name starting with a V...not that the name was coming to her right now. But she never knew what was going on with him.

"Do you know if they have a room vacancy? It would be nice to refresh before having to face the boss." She just wanted a few moments alone, maybe a hot shower, before she got yelled at. She knew she was going to be getting a lecture at the least, but she was hoping when she told him all that happened that he would understand that she had been put on hold by the others, and he had not really told her how she could even get here.

Allissya

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:56 pm

The person that they were looking for currently sat across the way at the bar and was chomping down on a cheeseburger. She could cook and hadn't seen Armandeus or De'Ryanna around so she took liberties in the kitchen and made herself some food. Not being totally irresponsible or anything she had left a note on the door with the things she used and had cleaned up her dishes. Now, as perviously stated, she was chillin at the bar eating her burger. Alone for she had snuck down for food while the squirrel was napping.

It was a good location. She could see the door and the steps and the major thrufare. Vesta noticed when the person came into the Inn and even thought about seeing if she could offer help but saw another walk up to the desk. Still, she was curious and she didn't know too many of the people here so..why not right? Food in hand she eased out of her seat and started over to the pair and was able to make out some tidbits of conversation like: "Mr. Bakersfield did not mention that you were here." And she paused slightly, letting the wheels in her brain turn as she pushed the last couple bites of the burger into her mouth.

Mr. Bakersfield? Wasn't that Winston?

"So... ya two looking for Winston?" That's right, she just inserted herself into the conversation.
Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Number of posts : 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleshanee Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:30 pm

Shane laughed. Yes that was her reply to the Ally. Oh she knew about the nick name. She just never would say it out loud. She thought that they were a bit to friendly. Though she had been set straight a few times on that. A woman's mind did wander, especially when she was gone for long period of times and he was oft working late at the office.

"Winston followed me here, so I don't know why he left that bit out." A shrug of her shoulders. "Though where he is, I wouldn't know for sure, we parted ways, shortly after arriving here." She did not speak of the fact that she made him sleep on the couch, or that she heard he had moved onto someone else, she was not going to be volunteering that information out. More like playing it close to the jacket still.

"I am sure that they have a room that you can occupy." She slipped behind the desk, "Just something basic right? The payment is due upon checking out...though I am sure you could probably write it off as a business expense. If you don't want to pay for it yourself. " A small smirk....but then she caught herself, she really had nothing against the woman, she just did not like her, it wasn't her fault.

She knew where the book was from her helping out behind here before, and as no one else had come forth to check the woman in, Shane figured she'd do it. "Just sign here. Your room will be on the first floor." As she spoke she turned to get the key.

And that was when she heard Vesta, Shane looked to the other woman, "Hello." She wasn't looking for Winston, so once she got Ally checked in, she slipped away from the desk and them. Once more looking for a distraction that would be pleasant.
Aleshanee
Aleshanee

Number of posts : 68

Back to top Go down

Post by Allissya Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:42 pm

When a man was consumed by work, and his work had business dealings, it was normal for him to put in long hours at the office. The fact that she was his right hand man, whom also performed all the secretarial tasks, it made sense she was there as well. There was nothing weird going on, and she thought Shane was a fool for ever thinking it, but that was her own opinion after having to set Shane straight more then once. Or hearing Shane going off about this or that, that woman was def. high maintenance.

It didn't matter to her, if her boss was single, with someone or had a harem. But when Shane said that bit about the room, she would merely lift the pen and sign on the line that was pointed out. Taking the key, she smiled. "Thank you." She was not going to discuss writing it off as a business expense with Shane, of all people. She was well paid for her errands, and a part of her was glad that this particular one did not involve Shane.

When the other woman entered the conversation and Shane took off, she shrugged at Shane's departing back, and turned to the new woman. "Hello! I am looking for Winst....Mr. Bakersfield. Do you know where I might find him?" She smiled to the woman, "I'm his assistant Allissya, I'm running late I had some things he wanted here by Valentine's Day. But that was impossible not on my side, but there were other parties..and I think it's best to find him as soon as possible." She gave a nod of her head.

This woman already seemed friendlier then the queen of being chilly, Shane.

Allissya

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:41 pm

Catch the sparks flying between those two. Was all in the words and that ice cold shoulder being displayed. Bad vibes there. Good thing none of them were directed towards her!

His assistant Allissya. Hmm, so that's who she was - the one that was checking in. Vesta nodded slowly as she looked the other female over a bit in the way that females do when seeing another one that they might have to take into consideration. I mean, come on, everyone knew the general rumor about men and their pretty assistants - lot of late nights and 'errands' that needed running. Not to say any of that went on with Winston and this person but you never know! And she got a room; it might only be for a night but sometimes when people found there way here they tended to stay a while.

Wait a minute....

Vesta leaned on the front desk, looking at the woman and secretly wishing she had some gum to chew on to help with her thinking. "Don't know why I never thought of this before. You're from Earth, right? Ya traveling back and forth from this world and to that world from where? Is there some special code or thing you need to have or is it by accidental circumstance?"

Of all the people to ask, but this chick just finished using whatever transportation means so it was still fresh in her head. Even if Vesta knew how to travel back and forth she wasn't quiet sure that she'd go back home now. A year ago? Sure. She was always trying to find that bus that dropped her off her. Now? Not so much. Maybe she'd go for a visit. Let her folks know she wasn't being held captive by some psychopath.

"I know where he is, I think his little advertisement is still on the board over there." Cocking her thumb in the direction of the corkboard by the Meeting Hall. "But if ya pass it over I'll make sure it gets to him, then you can go and get rested up for your return trip."
Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Back to top Go down

Post by Allissya Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:57 pm

Once Shane was firmly away from the two, herself and Vesta, she seemed to relax a bit more. One never knew what sort of things that girl might spout out. And she did not want everyone to buy into the lies about her. Shane had made up her mind about Al the first time she met her, and that had not changed. Not even when she had tried to befriend the woman, to help ease her mind, but a woman could only do so much and take so much before she just gave up. But now her mind could go elsewhere for that lady was gone.

She would turn a smile upon the woman that had come up. She gave a small nod of her head, as she heard the your from Earth right. “Yeah, I am from Earth. I got the phone call from Mr. Bakersfield, and I called the scientist that he has on payroll. But it’s not a normal phone, you punch in a series of numbers and it transports you. Though I was up the street a bit. I don’t know if there is some way to chose exactly where to go. The phone is preprogrammed to take me back to the office…when I press the code again.” She frowned a bit. “Gives a bit of a headache, but it’s not to bad.” She would probably feel more of that pain later, but right now her brain was thinking of what she needed to do. “Do you want me to check into getting you one made? I don’t know how many charges it has. It did come with a charger.” She frowned a bit, but she was truthful. She also figured if the man figured out how to make one that he would be able to make another one.

“He has a notice on the board?” Her green gaze floated in that direction but quickly snapped back to her. That sounded rather…weird. She was a bit curious about what he would put on the advertisement board. Then when the woman offered to take the package she looked torn. Because going to her room to rest sounded like a great idea. But she knew that if she just passed the items over she might get herself in trouble. “Would it be a big trouble if I came with you. I already am going to get into trouble for being late. I would hate to upset him more by passing off my duty to someone else.” She did not know that the lady before her happened to be the one that the delivery was for.

Allissya

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:38 pm

It made sense for the other woman to come and Vesta wasn't going to dispute that - the woman didn't know her so how was she to know that Vesta wouldn't open up the package? She didn't. So it was fine. The tale about the remote control was interesting stuff and Vesta stretched her arms up and folded them behind her head as she listened. Maybe she would ask about getting a remote, but ask Winston as it was his thing anyway.

The chick sounded interested in the mentioned ad so Vesta started stepping back and walking that way in the direction of the corkboard. People should really take their signs down when they didn't need them anymore. She saw that a lot back home. Poles and boards with ads that expired a few months ago, even ads on a bus or two. She figured they were kept out for name purposes so perhaps that was Winston's reason too. Vesta motioned over to which one was his. "I guess that without his assistant the guy was in need of assistence." Now to Vesta's credit she did smile even if it was slightly scarcastic due to the implication of the lady before her helping Winston shower.

Remember the whole rumor about assistants thing....

"Cha-mon," Vesta said with a spin directed towards the steps. "This way. You're on the first floor, so we'll pass your floor on our way. Hope you don't mind steps."

With the bit of modern things this Inn had, why didn't they have an elevator? Though in retrospect of what a lot of creatures in Rhydin could do, it probably wasn't necessary. And if you didn't have any type of ability? Then you better like taking steps and travel light or else be screwed.

"So did Winston come here to escape the law or something?" Who's to say that he didn't own a monopoly?
Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Back to top Go down

Post by Allissya Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:10 pm

And besides the fact that she did not know what Vesta would do with the package, had she left it in her care, besides opening it possibly. She had a feeling if she did not deliver it to Mr. Bakersfield herself, it would look as if she was shirking off her responsibilities and she had a feeling she was already in trouble, and she did not want to borrow more.

When the woman started to move forward she would walk with her, pausing when she did at the cork board. When Winston's post was pointed out, it took a moment for her green gaze to read over the words. When she did she burst out a laugh, but that laugh quickly changed to a sputter, hearing the other woman's words. "I may perform a lot of different services for Mr. Bakersfield the third, but that is not one of them!" She did not say that she would or would not of assisted had that ever came up, but it didn't! Strictly business when it was things like that, though they were friends, not that she ever boasted about that. Some people -Shane- had always been rather insecure about her place in Winston's life.

She once more followed along with Vesta, "When we pass my room, do you mind if I put my overnight bag in there?" She did not want to take advantage of the woman whom was being so helpful. Even as she asked she shifted the strap of the bag. "I can pluck out the stuff for Mr. Bakersfield." She nodded, though if the other woman said no she would just carry it the rest of the way to where they were going. "Steps are a good work out." She also used the work out room that they had at the main office, where she worked at.

And she let out a laugh. It wasn't the laugh at the person that asked the question. It was more of a laugh at the thought. She had a image that popped into her head. That laughter was in her voice when she was speaking, "Oh no! He is free to go back to the states. If he wanted too." Perhaps she should of stopped talking right there but she let something else slip. "But he said he met someone here that he wants to see what happens with. Which is why he is going to have my hide it took so long for me to get what he wanted here." She gave a small bob of her head. "Hopefully this girl is the understanding sort...because I think if she is, my skin might be safe!" She was speaking rather candidly. Was she scared of Winston? Not really. She was his right hand man. But she did not want the grrness of working with a upset boss.

Allissya

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:13 pm

There was nothing wrong with this chick wanting to drop off her things, it's not like they would be going way out the way or anything. Just away from the steps and down the hall a ways and if this package was already late - and it didn't seem to be an 'oh my god I needed this pacakge yesterday and now we're all doomed!' package - what difference did a few more minutes make? Not to mention that this would give her a chance to be nosey and possibly see what she had going on in her bag. 

Vesta laughed and stretched out her back when the chick mentioned that being a backwasher was not a part of her rendered services. "I think our boy was being a bit pretentious with that ad. Got him in a wee bit of trouble. " Indeed it did. Vesta still remembered how Jade stormed out of the room. "This way."

On the landing of the first floor Vesta left the stairwell and veered to the left and started down the hall. She didn't have to ask what the room number was - she was there during the talking - and knew where she was going. "So he's sticking around for some girl he met here huh?" That's right, she was going to play like she knew nothing about it. She wasn't about to start prattling off on the adventure she and Winston had or do the silly school girl squeel while bouncing up and down saying: "It's me! It's me! I know it's me!". No. Better to just play it cool and safe. The guy could have a flock of girls out there. 

"Lucky guy. Or not so lucky seeing Joe some of the people around these parts are." Pretty strange a lot of them were! Then she stopped at the girls room. "Here ya go. Must be hard on you, taking care of everything while he's gone." With this type of service the guy had to be rich. Or well connected. Most of the time those ran hand in hand. 

Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Back to top Go down

Post by Allissya Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:25 pm

She would be very glad that they would be stopping by her room to let her set the bigger bag down. The items she needed were tucked away inside. It was true the package was already late. A few more moments shouldn't change to much.

She laughed at Vesta's words. A small nod of her head, "As it should have! I dare say I thought he had outgrown such things when he had his college days behind him." Though from all accounts she had of his college days they had been a bit mellow. But the ad did look like something a frat boy would do.

Following along with Vesta she nodded her head, "That's what he said. He was afraid if he went home and she was still here, she might forget him. Said this way he could at least randomly see her." She smiled again, "Kind of romantic, sticking away away from your home, just for some random girl. Wish some guy liked me like that." She was a bit of a hopeless romantic.

And when they reached her room, she would slip out the key she had gotten from Shane. Using it she opened the door, and stepped inside. She also looked back to the woman as she entered. "Care to come in a moment?" Proceeding after he words she walked over the couch, setting the bag down, and undid the zipper. If she was there she would see inside the bag had a few changes of clothing, one never knew what one needed. Along with the prisim filled gift bag that looked none the worse for wear, along with a long thin rectangle box that she pulled out. The small bow on the end of the maroon box did not even have a small dent.

Turning she looked to the woman, "Ready to help me face down the dragon?" A grin forming. She had a feeling if she wasn't alone when she went to deliver she might be let off the hook a bit. She wasn't really that scared, what would he do with out her? "I dare say that I am in need of a small vacation. I get my orders from him, and then its up to me to get everyone to listen to what he wants done." Of course, when they balk at her, she had the ability to connect them via the phone. And he was indeed both of those things that the woman was thinking about.

Allissya

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:30 pm

Vesta kinda slid into the room, her right foot stepping out wide to pull her into an inverted 'Y' and she then dragged the other leg to her. Yep, that was the way to make a casual entrance into a persons room. Especially when you were still walking with your hands clasped behind your head, which is how she usually walked when in a nonchalant mood and Blink wasn't on her shoulders or head. Vesta had a room on this floor too but there was no need to mention that.

What she did do was laugh when the girl said for them to face down the dragon. "Ahahaha, that's funny. You know, from how I hear it, your Boss-man's had a few interesting turns while he was here." Stealing another look to her bag and the things that were in it. "Ya know, I came here and didn't quite know what to expect. Ran into all types of odd and strange things on the turn. Ya stay around a bit, maybe a weekend, something, you'll see some things too." Speaking of weekend, what day was it anyway? Since Vesta's been in Rhydin she hadn't really been keeping a firm set of days. Time flowed here, but it had its own rhythm and rhyme and if you didn't groove with it then most likely you found yourself wondering what and time it was.

From her standpoint anyway .

Of course then she'd wait and step out of the room for the other to lock her door or whatnot. "So if you have to be back at work or something in a few days be sure to track your days." The steps were taken and up, up, up. "Oh and, if someone offers to take you on a tour... like...someone outside of the Inn? Just say no. Your three hours can turn into six months." The voice of experience talking here.

When she got to Winston's door she leaned against the frame. "You wanna knock?"
Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Back to top Go down

Post by Allissya Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:03 pm

Thankfully for Vesta the doors were not very narrow at this inn, or her elbows might be hurting! She hadn’t heard about any of his adventures here, she had been to busy running around. She really did need a vacation! She looked towards Vesta, “Are there a lot of interesting turns here?” Of course, there was a good chance that there was, or maybe they only happened to random few people? She looked to her, “Oh now that is very tempting. As long as I have my head left!” She still hoped that her showing up with someone that seemed to know her boss would be in her favor. The man could put a person down quite quickly and harshly. She had yet to be on the other end of that sharp tongue, but she had seen grown men, quivering after a meeting that did not go the way they had hoped.

She thought about it, what day was it. If the time is the same as Earth, its Tuesday. A small nod of her head, the woman had her planner in her bag as well. She was debating about not traveling back till after the weekend, so she could sneak a small vacation in there.

And then with the items in her hand she followed along with Vesta. When they reached the door she took a deep breath, hand lifting finding the snow hat so she just made sure it was on straight. A small breath, “ I probably should of freshened up.” She had a standard to look when in business mode, and it wasn’t snow clothing. As her hand came back down, it made a rapt rapt rapt against the wooden door.

Allissya

Back to top Go down

Post by Winston Charles Bakersfie Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:32 pm

They would be outside of his door for a few moments. He had just hoped out of the shower, when he heard the knocking. Grabbing his towel, he quickly dried off, before looking around the bathroom. A shake of his head, thankfully no one would be walking into his room, so he streaked from the bathroom over to the bedroom, and grabbed a pair of boxers and a pair of low slung blue jeans. Slipping them on, they might hear a hop echoing from inside the room. His hair was wet, and his skin that was visible still had water droplets, and the dark green towel was slung around his shoulders.

Once he crossed the floor, he opened the door, at first his gaze landed on Vesta and his lips smiled. “Vesta! How's it going?” And then he turned when he noticed that she wasn’t alone. And his arms crossed over his chest, his gaze looked at Ally. “Al. I see you made it here. Late.” He had spoke the words without the normal warmth, he was not happy that his plans had gone awry. But he would not make a big deal out of it until he saw how Vesta reacted. For that was really whom the gifts were for.

He looked between the two women. “Al, did you get everything?” Yes, he did call her Al. She better have seeing she was late! He called and placed the order in enough time, didn’t he? He sure thought so. His brow lifted, “Was there a problem getting my order?” His arms unfolded from his chest, Allissya might not realize it, but he had a hard time being in a bad mood when Vesta was near. Not that he was all making a big announcement to people, piss Winston off, take Vesta with you to be safe.

Charging on he figured that she had everything, otherwise she wouldn’t of shown up. She might not of gotten here on time, but he knew that Al didn’t do anything half arsed. “Vesta, Happy Valentines Day.” Leaving out the word late. He nodded towards Al to hand the gifts to him so he could hand them over to Vesta, which he would as soon as they were in his hands.
Winston Charles Bakersfie

Number of posts : 113

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:20 pm

All Vesta could do was grin at how the other one acted before she knocked on the door. It was the boss, but Vesta had never had one of those that caused her to check her toes and change her hair so she always found a hint of amusement seeing other people do so. 

She thought that she heard water. Almost - her ears were not that great, but there was something. She definatly heard the hoping though and as it came closer Vesta looked at the other and winked. "Winston! S'up man, taking your showers without me?" It had to be said. Not because she was in the presenses of his assistant but because he still had that fresh shower look and was zestfully clean. Wet hair and a towel were big giveaways too.

But what was this? The whole time the package was for her? Now of that didn't make her take a step back and pause....Vesta actually had to do a double take. This meant that what Al said about Winston staying here for a girl, that the girl was her? This was a bit much for her to take in all of a sudden. She knew that he liked her and she liked him so it worked all around but....

Winston was holding his hand out to take the package from Al but since it was for Vesta she kinda like took a partial step to him. "Ya know, if it's for me, I can take it." looking over at Winston with a partial chuckle. "I said you didn't have to get me anything for the shower dealy."

Because this had to be what it was for, right? Clearly she wasn't trying to play off nervousness by acting cool. 
Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Back to top Go down

Post by Winston Charles Bakersfie Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:59 pm

Winston was the sort of boss that expected his employees to be on a certain level. Even after traveling as she had, through such strange situations, she knew that he expected no less from her, then he would any of his other employees. Truth be told she should of stopped by her room, and freshened up, but this was how she was and this is what he got. Her hat would not be taken off until she was dismissed, because she could just imagine the flyaways and the frizz.

She watched the play by play between the two. Now when he said the items were for the woman with her, she wished the ground would swallow her whole. Her bright green gaze looking down at the floor at that very moment willing it to open. Though it seemed she was not going to be saved that way. A flush came over her cheeks, she only hoped she had not said to much, or that the other woman would hold anything against her boss. And what if he had not yet told Vesta how he felt. Oh hells bells. Then she answered his questions, "There were some issues getting everything. But nothing that hasn't been taken care of." She had a feeling that things were going to get even more taken care of in time.

When Winston held out his hands she started to move the packages towards him. But then Vesta said she could take them, and they were for her. There was only a small hesitation in her movements, before she changed the course she was taken with the gifts, and placed them both into Vesta's hands. She only hoped Winston did not hold it against her. And if he did, well she would deal with that, later. She figured she was safe for now. A part of her told her if he was going to read her a riot act it would wait until Vesta was not around. So she could just play this right and she would be fine.

Well wasn't that how it worked out? That the females would take each other's side? He had never understood that, but he figured he would lose if he went to voice his thoughts to this anyways. And he could not really blame Al for giving the gifts to Vesta when she said she could take them. She really had been a good employee, so one or two slip ups, they could deal with. The woman did not have a disobedient bone in her body when it came to work things. Least not one that he had a issues with.

He gave her a grin, that sort of boyish, I've been caught with my hand in the cookie jar sort of grin. "I didn't know how to reach you. If your feeling cheated...we could go back in there and you could wash my back?" His tone could be considered joking but yet there was something underneath that tone, perhaps.

He paused at his words, he could very easily say that was what the gifts were for. She gave him an out. Al knew the truth and the girl wouldn't sell him out. But the fact was he hadn't missed her looking down at the ground, almost as if she was wishing a huge hole would open up and swallow her whole. He cleared his throat. "They aren't for the shower deal. They are a bit late." He gave Al a look, not a happy one for the moment, before he smiled again, almost bashfully. "They are your Valentine's Day presents." He added hastily, "Even if its nothing serious, a girl deserves gifts on that day." Was he trying to cover up his feelings. Men. Pft. He might be wearing his heart on his sleeve when it came to Vesta but he wasn't about to voice it, out loud! Plus he really didn't know how to do that. His father just bought his mothers affections, and it had worked pretty well with Shane. Vesta was different creature he had a feeling he was in over his head.

Oh yes the gifts! The rectangle maroon box, when it was opened she would find your standard tennis bracelet filled with diamonds and sapphires. Inside the bag were a couple of things, the first was a piece of paper. Upon closer inspection it was a certificate to let her know that he entered her into the Nut of the Month Club. Now one might think that was more of a gift for Blink, but he thought when he was giving Vesta gifts he couldn't forget Blink. Plus that would be less nuts she would have to find for her furry friend. There was another small box in the bag as well. It was shaped as a red heart, and when she opened the hinged case, she would spot a necklace. It was not your average jewel, it was a slim silver chain, and the charm on the chain was a multicolored acorn. The acorn was what took so long, but he had given Al a very detailed description of what he wanted. The acorn would change colors depending on how the light hit it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:07 pm

What would you do if you were expecting something like, oh, say maybe a teddy bear and a box of chocolates in one of those cardboard heart shaped boxes (because that's a traditional gift back home) and instead got a bag with a few things inside. Two of which suspiciously looked like jewelry boxes. Vesta wasn't a gold-digger by any means you could bend so her eyes gave a curious look to those two boxes. She would get to those later, for now the bit of paper was the best-bet. Besides, you always looked at the card first, right?

"Ha ha!" That's what she said when she picked up the paper and read what it said. Made her laugh. Indeed it did. And yeah, she was opening them there, with Al there because she had to know what they were. Not like it was a surprise or anything. Not only that but aside from the flush Al didn't seem too put off by this so it was cool. Holding the note between two fingers Vesta made sure to wag it in front of Winston in a playful manner. "Always figured ya were a little bit nuts. Maybe he only had a sense of humor but it worked out either way. He and Blink did have a bit of.. something... between them after what happened when he picked them up in the wee hours of day.

The man had Blink-points.

Vesta put it back in the bag and her fingers fished around for the box she would choose next as she leaned back against the doorframe. "You know you really didn't have to do this. He always so serious?" She asked Al before she smoothed over the nervous twist in her stomach and finally pulled out a box - the heart shaped one in fact and in this one was the Acorn Necklace. Now this was something different and she thought it fitting to the card about the Nut Club. but unlike the first gift she had a good feeling this wasn't for the squirrel.

"Oh."

It was one of those 'Oh's that hung in the air when said by a surprised person. A person who had chosen to be good and say 'Oh' instead of 'Damn' or 'Holy Shnitz''. That's all she could say for a good few seconds and then, "This is awkward. I mean.. you really have good taste." She still held on to the bag with one hand though with the other she pulled the necklace out the box. "I think I'm going to need some help here."

Cue the bit of nervous laughter again and she settled the chain between her thumb and pinky and dived in the bag for the last box. Being what this was she could only imagine that the last was either for the wrist or ears.. She hoped it wasn't for the ears as Blink liked to play with anything that dangled off her head that wasn't hair. Opening the box she saw the bracelet and looked at Al and then to Winston, letting the bag ease down on the ground as she turned to him with a smile.

"I guess the only thing left to do is for you to put them on me and make this all official?" Because see, back home, when a guy spent this type of money on a girl that meant that they were wanting to get into a relationship that was more than just a tip-tap here and there. He liked her, she liked him, she already offered to wash his back and he had kissed her so this was the next stage.

Lord help him.

Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Back to top Go down

Post by Winston Charles Bakersfie Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:41 pm

Winston did not think Vesta a gold digger, if he had, well things probably wouldn’t of gone the way that they had. He had a few run in’s with them in the past. And he knew that if he had listened to Al, she would of piped up and said Shane, cough cough. But that did not happen! Nor did Al think of Vesta as a gold digger, she was the one that had gone out to get the gifts that Winston had requested, and if it had all been high priced jewels she might of blinked, but it was the acorn necklace and the nut of the month club that did it for her.

Al was far from being put off by it, though if Vesta made a motion the girl would leave them alone, which she probably would shortly, perhaps. And she liked the fact that it seemed that this lady did seem to understand Mr. Bakersfield III. He did have a quirky sense of humor, at least that she had seen, and well she had seen that be used against him.

Winston was grinning, he was indeed when she waved that piece of paper in front of him, a chuckle even came out. He gave a helpless shrug of his shoulders. “It’s a duel gift, make it easier on you, and kissing up to Blink. What’s better then that?” He could admit it, he was a nut, and he knew she was attached to Blink and if Blink didn't like him he didn't stand a chance.

Al laughed hearing Vesta’s question. She gave a small bob of her head, “He normally is. He does let loose sometimes from what I hear. You should of heard how detailed he was about things. “ That was a good point though without trying to make one, he was very detailed because he cared, and he wanted things to be just right for her.

When she said Oh, he looked over at her, he wanted to see what sort of Oh that was. Part of him was worried, that she wouldn’t like the gift, not that he was going to voice that out loud. He wouldn’t be very manly if he did that. Grinning he stepped forward to help her with what she needed. He was sure enough of himself that if she was the sort of girl that carried a purse and needed him to hold it, he would. Not afraid of his masculinity, it was fully in place. “I am glad you like it.” He said with true feeling in his words.

Then he moved forward to help Vesta, taking the chain with the acorn attached first, from her hand. Moving once more to stand behind her, he would wait for her to hold up her hair, as he would move his arms around her one on each side, fingers grasping the chain, moving the little lock to unlock it, and placing it gently around her throat, no strangling her, and clasping it in place. Once the necklace was in place he moved to stand before her, “Need help with the bracelet?” The actions were his way of being in agreement. The man was crazy about the girl, so perhaps heaven help her!

Al looked between the two of them, she didn’t want to just poof, she was better trained then that. Nor did she want anyone to think anything odd, she just thought that perhaps they would like some time with out his bedraggled assistant standing guard. She spoke up, “Would you guys mind if I went to relax in my room from the trip? Vesta knows what room I am in, if you require anything from me?” She did address them both, for that was the polite thing to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:46 pm

This wasn't a new thing to her, dating, but receiving expensive gifts was. Her goal here was to retain her cool an act smooth while in the presence of Winston and his assistant. So she pulled back her hair and gave a smile that she hoped was not to telling if giddyness as he put the items in place -later in her room she'll go through all the proper girl rituals of checking the newly acquired bling out on all angles. The only thing she wasn't going to do was show off and flash it everywhere.

Vesta circled the bracelet on her wrist a few times and shot a smile to Al. "They have good staff here to help with things if needed. After your rest." Vesta added that part in and tapped on the ground with the toe of her shoe. She had asked then if they needed anything and Vesta thought that telling her: "Nope, see ya!" might not be the best way to go. Not like she was trying to slam a door in the girls face or anything. "Ring that bell or see them about and it's all good. Thanks for telling me about the phone thing too."

Vesta turned and patted Winston on the chest. It was an open hand pat with a downward stroke of her fingers. "I'll get Winston here to rig me up something so we can play around in the States." He'd know what she meant, right?

Well now, there was only one more thing left to do! Vesta wasn't much of the old fashioned girl who always waited for the guy to make the first move which is why, after the pat, her hand was movig up to his neck and around. After what happened last time he went to kiss her she didn't expect Winston to be gun-ho about giving it another shot and therefore it was her turn.

Her intent was made known by two words: "C'mere you."
Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Back to top Go down

Post by Winston Charles Bakersfie Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:28 am

Now, when Al got the okay from Vesta she did shoot Winston a look. She had a good feeling that if Vesta was fine with everything he wouldn't be needing to keep her around, nor would he protest her leaving. She smiled, "Thank you for your help." It might of sounded funny, as the words were directed to Vesta, and in truth she was the person the items were for the whole time. A small bob of her head as she awaited for Winston to let her go. Once those words were spoken though she would slip off and back down the hall and steps to the room that she had placed her items in.

He glanced between the two women. He held them both in high regards, just different ways, and the fact that they were not spitting fire at each other, made him relax a bit. He liked not having to be on his guard because his interest was in the same room as his assistant. Because truth be told, Al was the best assistant he ever had, not that he would admit it to her. And well, Vesta, he knew she was special from day one. So he nodded at their conversation about Al going to relax. "I'll be in touch." Was given to her, before his attention shifted fully upon one Vesta.

Of course, if Vesta wanted a way to travel back to the states, and forth, he would arrange for it to be made. What good was it to have all kinds of money and power if you could not get what your heart desired? And currently that was to make Vesta happy. He was the sort that did lavish the one he was with, though that was harder to do here, he did not have his servants about to do the dirty work for him. Just look at the trouble he put Al through for a Valentines Day gift!

She was correct, for when she snaked that arm up, he almost stepped backwards. Not because he wasn't wanting to kiss her again, but because he didn't know if she was actually wanting that. But then when she said the words, his arms moved from their spots to wrap around her, hands pressed against her back, without pressing her forward. Head bending, slowly, almost as if he was afraid she was going to change her mind, but if she didn't back up, he'd press his lips to her.

But it was then, after their lips had pressed together for a moment or two he lifted his head, and gave her that lopsided grin, though his arms did not release her, unless she tried to move away. "Does this mean that I am always on call?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down