Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

A visit to Armandeus

3 posters

Go down

A visit to Armandeus Empty A visit to Armandeus

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:27 am

It was the dawn of a new day and she was on a mission. The Inn might not be too quiet this morning but, for the moment, there was no need for her to be anywhere in particular.

Her attire was slightly different for she had exchanged the long and full silver skirt and white top, for long, pure white, cotton dress with seven bands of color at the bottom hem. Nothing special adorning the dress, in fact it would be quite plain if not for the color bands at the bottom. The sleeves were down to her wrist; her hands were folded in front of her as she walked towards the kitchen, and Ar's Bakery.

He was probably in the midst of getting ready for the day, but he wouldn’t mind her coming in. She was sure of it.

As always she knocked before trying to ease the door open.

"'Quel re Armandeus." Spoken as she opened the door go in.

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Number of posts : 566

Back to top Go down

A visit to Armandeus Empty Re: A visit to Armandeus

Post by Armandeus Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:02 am

"Quel re Ryan, Tula vi!" The Elven voice rang out unnaturally clear and loud this morning, not over the din and noise as it usually did. It seemed that, for the moment, breakfast preparations were on hold.

Upon entering the kitchen De'Ryanna would find an interesting sight: there would be Elessar, sitting on a chair, his long tunic unbuttoned, and kneeling in front of him with salve-covered hands would be Armandeus.

At her entering, he had turned, wiping his hands on a towel. "Tula vi, you are a bit early for breakfast. It'll be started soon, I am almost finished." He turned back then, picking up a roll of bandage before leaning in towards the other Elf. Working carefully, his long fingers applied the bandages carefully over the deep colored bruises covering Elessar. "This should help ease the pain."
Armandeus
Armandeus

Number of posts : 179

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:43 am

Upon hearing him welcome her into the kitchen she entered without any further hesitation - only to stop once she saw the scene. She had not seen Elessar in a few days and the current treatment that Armandeus was giving her, might the reason why. She mused over this for a bit as she watched Elessar getting patched up.

"I hope your injuries are not too severe Elessar." She did know her courteous and to not say anything would be rude. She didn't know how long she could wait - she did leave her station unattended.

"If you are able, Elessar, could you watch the front desk for me so I may talk to Armandeus privately?" It was a request, even if at first it didn't sound like it. No need to rush the injured.

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by Elessar Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:41 pm

A whole mug full of healing drought hadn't been enough to ease the pain; needless to say Elessar didn't hold much hope for the salve as well. To add insult to the injury he had been woken early and drug downstairs to be patched up. Why the healers kit hadn't been taken upstairs in the first place was beyond him.

He watched the bandaging calmly, his teeth clenching together when one was pressed too hard. When it was finished he looked up, giving De'Ryanna a weak smile. "It is merely a few bruises."

Standing, he began buttoning his tunic back up. "It is no trouble to watch the desk for a while." A teasing grin was flash Ar's way before he began walking for the door. "Hannon le."
Elessar
Elessar

Number of posts : 107

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:00 am

What did Elessar mean by that smile? He might have been feeling ill - despite what he said about it being small brusies - but that look he gave Armandeus didn't have a hint of hurt in it.

A deep breath and she raised her chin and focused her attention on one of the kitchen cabinets. It was an effort to keep any hint of color from forming on her cheeks. She must not think about what that smile might imply. It probably meant nothing at all and she was over thinking it and reading too much into it.

Letting out a slow breath she looked at Armandeus. "I didn't mean to interrupt. I wanted to talk to you about the lessons we are going to have and.. if you were ready for them." Perhaps she could help him clean up. De'Ryanna began looking for ways to help.

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by Armandeus Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:57 pm

Armandeus knew too well what that smile had meant, and therefore was pretending he had not seen it. His head bent towards the table as he began gathering up the remaining bandages and salve. "You did not interrupt. If you were I would not have invited you in." His head lifted and turned slightly so she could see the smile on his face. "I believe I am as ready for them as I can get. Did you wish to start now?"
Armandeus
Armandeus

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:40 pm

"If you are not otherwise hindered, then yes." There was a small table, or bar, in the kitchen that he liked to sit at. This is where she went now. Taking one of the chairs she placed her hands, palms up, on top of the bar.

"Come. Please. Sit with me. There is the need to go over relaxation techniques first." Again she had taken on the tone of a teacher speaking to a student. Sounding as if she were reciting something memorized.

"In order to enter the world of dreams one must be relaxed and allow their mind to be open so they can enter, willingly, into realms we often slip into by accident."

As for Armandeus, De'Ryanna did not know how good his concentration was. Therefore, they would do some exercises.

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by Armandeus Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:05 pm

After placing the bandages and salve back in their rightful place in the cabinet, he turned towards her again. "There are no hindrances at the moment. It is still early, which leaves us plenty of time before breakfast is to be started."

She had already sat down, and now he would follow suit. Unsure of what do with his hands, he rested them on the bar, palms downward. "There are techniques for relaxing?" He cracked a nervous grin. Her teacher-student tone took him back to the younger days of being taught. He had been nervous then as well.

Concentration shouldn't be much a problem, for what kind of chef can cook well without good concentration on what they are doing?
Armandeus
Armandeus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:15 am

eManny entered the kitchen from the basement door. He saw the two seated. They appeared to be concentrating on something, it almost looked like meditation to him. He knew that the one was Armandeus because of the discription Bo and Derek had given him. He had already met Epiphany and Madeline, so he figured the other was De'Ryanna. What luck, two of those he needed to speak to in one room, and the kitchen none the less. But they were busy at the moment, so he would come back to them later. Quietly he headed for the door without saying a word.

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:39 pm

Though he may have tried to bypass them in a quiet manner De'Ryanna knew that he was there, even without the need to look in his direction. She drew her hands together and lifted her head.

"You do not have to leave." Perhaps he would be able to hear her before he completely vacated the room. The manner in which he had paused, even if it was for a brief moment, told her that he had wanted to speak with at least one of them.

De'Ryanna eased back her chair and rose, her hands held down in front of her. "Is there something you require?"

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:11 pm

Busted. Manny stopped and turned to face the woman who had addressed him. "Yes ma'am, Lady De'Ryanna I presume. Forgive my interuption, I am sorry. My name is Manny, I am the head of the employees of the God and Goddess. I was asked to inform you that if you have a chance later, the Goddess would like to talk to you. Her son has arived and she needs to discuss with you who is in what room as far as the rooms that the Jordianthan's are paying for and I believe she plans to put more gold towards her tab."

He turned his attention to the elf. "And you are Lord Armandeus, correct? I needed to ask you if there was to be a swine or bovine slaughtered for this eve's meal. We need to get some fresh blood for the Goddess if possable. If you will not be slaughtering or having one slaughtered this eve, I can travel into town to retrieve the blood."

He stood then in silence, feet shoulder length appart, hands clasped behind his back, like a good little soldier standing at rest. He would not relax unless told to do so, it was against the rules set upon the employees by the Jordianthan's. They were to always address others with respect and be on their best bahavior.

Back to top Go down

Post by Armandeus Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:52 pm

Armandeus had remained sitting, though his gaze had lifted from the counter, watching the two of them. He had been looking between the two of them when the man addressed him, causing him to turn.

"I am Armandeus, and I assure you I am not the Lord of anything." This was getting to be a new, strange custom, being addressed as a Lord, and the Elf wasn't sure if he liked it or not. At the mention of slaughtering his face went a shade paler. It was one thing to catch and prepare a fish, but slaughtering was something different all together. Momentarily at a loss for words, he shook his head.

Finally he spoke up. "I do not slaughter anything here. There is a butcher on the other side of Mary's, and he should be able to provide you what you need."
Armandeus
Armandeus

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:57 pm

It fit that Armandeus didn't slaughter his own meat, though she had to wonder if he would if he had to. De'Ryanna found herself studying him for a moment before she returned her attention to the matter at hand.

Rooms. The room numbers and the location of everyone in Venis' party.

"Certainly. Manny you said your name was?" Her posture was perfect and her head tipped very slightly as she spoke his name. "Please tell your Lady that when she is ready to met with me we shall. No need in letting business go undone."

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:44 am

Manny smiled as he stood there, listening. "Forgive me sir, but that is not entirely true. Is this not your kitchen? Are you not the Master Chef of said kitchen? Would that not make you the Lord of this kitchen? Forgive me, but we address you as such out of respect for your station as Master Chef. If you wish us to discontinue this practice it will be done." He slowly closed his eyes and nodded a bow before he continued.

"As for the blood, I am truly sorry if I offended you. Forgive me, but it has been many years since I have been around any being that was not a ..." He cleared his throat before half quoting another. "... Sucker, shifter, or a snack." It seemed funny to him that he had just refered to human's as snack, but he couldn't think of any thing else to call them that started with a S. "We do not give as much thought to the shedding of blood for the purpose of food as some. Again, I am sorry. But I do thank you for the information."

He then turned his attentions back to De'Ryanna. "Very good then Lady De'Ryanna. I will inform her of your decision upon my return to her ..." That was when he saw Dre fleeing from the basement with the Goddess in his arms and she was engulfed in flames. "Well, perhaps it can wait until she is done ... visiting with her son. Their conversation seems to have gotten a little heated, no pun intended M'Lady."

He wanted to laugh, but it would have been inproper to do so. Her primal scream from outside almost knocked him from his perfectly proper stance. As it was he closed his eyes and lowered his head for a moment. "Do not worry, that is her way of maintaining control. Evidently her and her son have a lot of things to discuss. I will leave them to it. If you both will excuse me, I need to find the Lt. before she departs for the keep."

His feet came together and his hands fell to his sides as he took a deep bow and turned towards the door. His pace was slow and steady just in case they needed him for anything else. He wanted to make sure, so he moved slow enough to allow them to call him back if need be.

((I'm going to go ahead with the Seleen related post, if they need him for something else, I'll just pull a double again.))

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:03 am

Once he was gone from the kitchen De'Ryanna looked at Armandeus with an apologetic smile. "It seems as if work beckons even at this hour."

Hands brushed against the front of her dress. She had to get her papers and get a few things in order. "Later. We will continue our talk. Perhaps in my room. Or yours. Good-bye. Armandeus."

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down