Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Avon Calling (A log)

Go down

Avon Calling (A log) Empty Avon Calling (A log)

Post by ~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~ Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:27 pm

Azlin had felt as if she was slacking in her Avon sales this year, and there was not enough people around in FotHB that she had spotted so she was going to expand her search! She was dressed today in a shiny blue cheerleading skirt, which had a white Fox head logo in the left corner, and a white lycra cheer style top, which last year would of had a Fox head symbol but this year, it had a picture of Azlin's own head. Feet were bare but it showed off the freshly painted pale purple toe nails, which did indeed match her finger nails. Long curly locks were pulled back behind her shoulders, in a low slung pony. Now what door to choose, what door to choose. She would lift her fingers and give a rapt to the door, calling out. "Avon calling!" With a soft musical lilt.

- There was a galloping behind the door, and it was yanked open all the way. Azlin had chosen one of the rooms on the first floor, and it happened to be the one that Madeline rented to the Doctor. Which is why the room itself was pretty pristine besides some children's toys strewn all over the floor, and the blue wooden box that stood in one corner of the room, with its doors open. The blue box was a bit larger than a phone booth, but if Azlin looked inside those open doors...well the inside looked, much, much, much bigger than that. And who answered the door to the room? A fourteen-year-old boy with snow white hair that was shaggy and hung in his black eyes a bit, dressed in a black t-shirt, cargo pants and red Chuck Taylors. His two fluffy snow white tails were wagging a mile a minute behind him. "Hi!" was the excited greeting when he first opened the door. But then he looked perplexed and maybe just a liiiiittle bit disappointed. "You have a fox on your clothes. Do I know you?" -

That was an odd sound to be coming from the room, though she wouldn't really think to much upon that. As it was, it gave her a sign that there was indeed life behind the door, that was positive, she thought atleast. She would lift baby blues to the boy, when he said Hi all excited she would smile, " 'ello there." But then she saw that look he had on his face, had he been expecting someone and ended up getting an Avon Azlin instead? That might be a bit of a bummer, and yet, maybe not. She would nod a bit at his words, not taking that possible disapointment to heart! "I do have a Fox on my clothes..." She tilted her head a bit, pondering, "I do not beleive we have met. I'm Azlin." she thought the direct approach in giving her name the best. "Who might you be?" She thought it only right to ask after she gave her very own information out. Then because she figured he might ask, "I am here to see if anyone is interested in Avon." Though her Avon wasn't all the same as was seen in the books in the mortal realm.

- Lumie tilted his head when she tilted hers. The wagging slowed down a lot. It was more a curious flick of his white tails back and forth. She was wearing a fox and she knocked on a door where a kitsune lived! "Oh. I don't know an Azlin. Do you like foxes? I'm Illuminado I'm Catherine and the Doctor's and Killian's guardian which is a very important job. I help the Doctor save the universe all the time." Said with great importance as he bobbed his head trying to emphasize just how important his job as guardian was. All of what he said he spoke really fast and with great energy and finished it off with, "What's Avon?" Lumie was from another planet, but it wasn't earth. It was far, far, far away from Earth and Rhy'din.-
~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~
~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~

Number of posts : 181

Back to top Go down

Avon Calling (A log) Empty Re: Avon Calling (A log)

Post by ~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~ Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:29 pm

Her own head came up, that smile of course was there, and she would notice the tail. It took her a moment sometimes, she got so set on something in her mind, that other details just didn't register right off! "Well now you do know an Azlin! Its me!" She was a rather cheerful girl herself. And her head bobbed, "I do like foxes." That much was very true, Azlin liked all animals, atleast she had never met an animal that she did not like, yet. Didn't mean it wasn't possible. "Tis a pleasure Illuminado." Such a long name that will be fun to see iffen she could remember it. "I don't believe I have met them yet." She looked thoughtful, but the thought wasn't coming so she stuck with her words. "That does sound like a very important job!" She wasn't just saying it she really did think so! "Well Avon is a line of products that people," she was using the term loosely, "buy, most Avon just has make up and skin cleaners, but I have expanded the line. The book I have," Which of course was produced outta thin air, and in her hand, though she held it out a bit. "Has alot more! It has clothing, like the stuff I am wearing, shoes, skin care for different species." She was moving from foot to foot as she talked. Trying to think, "It also has toys, and games, and all kinds of things!" She would hold it out, just in case he wanted to look.

- "I'm a kitsune. That's the best kind of fox. Do you know any kitsunes? Most people call me Lumie. Do you live here at the Inn? I've never seen you around before. Do you know Donald or Pris? They're my best friends both of them live upstairs." He was a very chatty fox today. Which is lucky for Azlin, because sometimes Lumie got in his teenage 'I'm too cool for everything' moods and those weren't so fun. He'd taken the book from her, and was flipping through it as he walked back into the room saying all that stuff he just had over his shoulder. On some days Lumie's attention would have went right to the toys and games part, but because of who he was hoping the knock was he had something else on his mind. "Does it have good girl presents? What if I want to buy something for a girl? Have other guys done that?" He looked up at her when he asked that. Waiting carefully for her response. Because if other guys didn't buy things for girls out of here, he was totally not going to do that. -

First things first of course, and Az would keep that smile upon her face. "Your the first kitsune I have met." She nodded, "Lumie, I will try to remember that, I am really dreadfully bad with names for the most part. most people just call me Az." She was, and she knew it and freely admited it. "I do live in the Inn." She nodded, "Second floor." Her head tilted just a bit, before shaking once more, "I do believe I have seen people around, I just have not been very social as of late, perhaps that will change. For if they are your best friends, they can not be bad people to know!" Yes because those moods just were not very productive for her either! She rather enjoyed the chatty ones! Azlin was staying at the door, though when he went walking into the room, and speaking over his shoulder, she would lean in the doorway just a bit. "There are alot of good girl presents. Just depends on what a particular girl likes." She nodded as she spoke, unsure if he saw or not, "And yes, I have had such luck with guys that are buying presents for thier girls." She would give a smile, "If you know something about said girl, I am sure we could find the perfect gift."

- "You're lucky then. It's good to know a kitsune." He plopped down on the loveseat that was to the left of the door hooking his leg over the arm of the sofa. Notice he totally forgot to ask her in. Teenage manners, he didn't mean anything by it. "You should sell Donald Avon. I think he needs it. Does Avon help with the ladies?" He could ask that because he was thinking about Donald when he asked. He didn't tell Azlin to sell Avon to Pris because what if she picked out what he picked out for her before he gave it to her? That would be bad. When she said 'their girls' though? A foxen yip, kind of like a yelp. Before he recovered himself. To play it cool. "Awesome, awesome. So what do I have to know to know? About her?" -

She would nod as he spoke, "Then I shall consider myself very lucky, that fate had me meet a kitsune today!" She was rather easy going for the most part, as she always was. Oh she wouldn't say anything about teenage manners, she was just fine upon the door ledge. Besides he was a teenager and perhaps he was a bit uneasy with newly met friends! She couldn't place any blame. She thinks a moment, "Donald...I shall have to meet him to sell it to him, but that could be arranged maybe?" She was half thinking to herself as she spoke, before she gave a nod of her head, her brow furrowed only a moment. "In what way?" Like did ladies like getting it, well it depended on what was picked out! She heard the small noise though, and she looked over, but not with alarm. She had dealt with teenagers so when she noticed he seemed nochalant about it, she let it go. "Well, perhaps some of the things that she likes?" She gave a small nod, "One girl might love to get bottles of nail polish, while another would never use it and perfer the rainbow set of hair ties." She paused, "Or the perfume, which those are more tricky." She nodded, because with scents it always did depend on the person's own unique scent and how it would blend together.

- "Just knock on his door." Said matter-of-factly. "You didn't know me and you knocked on my door." Unless... "Oh! Do you know Catherine? You came here to sell Avon to Catherine I bet. She's a mermaid and she's very pretty. She's spends a LOT of time on her hair." A pause. He added hastially, "Don't tell her I told you that." If Catherine found out Lumie just said she was a mermaid like that boy would he be in trouble. It wasn't the first time though! While he talked he kept flipping. Flip, flip, flip. "Are you just going to stand there?" He glanced up at her when he said that before looking down at the catalog. All this girl stuff. Totally out of his element. "She paints her nails. And puts stuff in her hair. And dyes it colors. And she had a lot of bracelets and necklaces and stuff too. She smells nice but the smell isn't perfume it's just her." His foxen sense of smell was really good. He noticed things like that and because he was a kitsune it didn't occur to him smelling people was weird. -
~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~
~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~

Back to top Go down

Post by ~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~ Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:30 pm

She would laugh softly, she couldnt help it. "I don't know what door is his!" She really didn't and of course, not having the room number or the sn on her made that rather difficult. "Perhaps after I leave here, I shall attempt to find his room? With a point in the right direction from you?" She would shake her head lightly, "I don't know Catherine either, though she sounds very nice. I just randomly chose a door." She meant that too, she hadn't heard the stories of knocking on doors yet. "If and when I do meet her, I promise that I will not say a word!" It was probably good he told Az and not someone else, she was very good at forgetting things, unless she was fighting with a guy, then she remembered everything he wished she wouldnt! She had to laugh at his words, "I didn't know if I should come in. I know that we just met so we are still strangers, didn't want you to feel uncomfortable." She meant that too. "And she smiled heairing him speak. "Well, might I suggest looking at pages 16-29?" Yes that was alot to cover for such things. But this catalog had a slew of different nail polishes including the sort that dries in 15 seconds, no smudge, the sort you could paint on and peel it off in one piece without needing remover or anything other then your fingers. It also had some hair things, and safe wash out dyes among some bangle jelly bracletts. And of course, there was the silver chain with a small heart pendant, but she wasn't going to suggest that to the young man. "Well then she doesn't need that!" And perhaps to some smelling someone was rather odd, or weird, but not to Azlin. She knew everyone had thier own ways of things, and she wasn't one to knock anyone. Come on, she slept on a dragon's back half the time when she wasn't staying at the Inn.

- Lumie looked up at her like she was nuts. "Um, I travel through TIME with the DOCTOR? A lady with a catalog doesn't scare me." He laughed, a chittering kind of laugh. Even when he was a boy sometimes his sounds were very foxen. "Donald's in room 212." Said as Lumie flipped backward in the catalog to page sixteen. "Holy." This was like...looking at Chinese when you didn't know Chinese. He even turned the catalog on its side to see if that helped him figure it out. "Uh. How do I know what to pick? What's the difference between these bottles and those bottles and...yeah. That stuff." -

Well it would not be the first time Az got that look, nor the last! She would almost laugh, "Yes but, strangers and all." She gave a helpless little shrug. She was probably the last person to be afraid of, unless one messed with her's, and whom she considered hers. "I shall have to go there after we conclude here!" She nodded, thinking a moment She almost let out a soft laugh, as she moved into the room to see what he was looking at. She let out a soft laugh, "Well, is she the creative kind of girl?" Az had a feeling from how he was talking of her, she just might be. The hair dying and all.

- "Oh yeah she's really creative!" Lumie said that with excitement, his tails wagging beside him. "She changes colors all the time and when she's over we play - um. We dress well to go places." Yeah.....saying flat out they played dress up would have been totally uncool. Probably why he blew his bangs out of his face in that cool way he just did. To keep smooth. "Nail polish is boring. I don't want to get her nail polish." He decided that flipping past the nail polish. Was it boring to him or was he giving up trying to figure it out? Probably both. -

Her head was nodding, and she smiled. She wasn't going to say anything about things being childish, that wasn't her way, for the most part she was rather sensitive to other's feelings. Unless those feelings contridicted with her own. She thought a moment and then she was speaking, "What if you got her a few of the nail polishes that peel off in a single piece, she could possibly used the used polish in some sort of art thing? And you could also get a few of the bracelets, they come in a pack of five, either rainbow, or solid colors. And a small basket with some hair ties you pick out, and even a bubble bath?" She thought she would ask, a cute little gift basket always made people happy, didn't it? She thought a moment, "We also have body glitter, in solid colors or rainbow glitter as well." She paused, "Those are further along though." She was trying to help though there was no guarentee that she was helping at all!

- "Nail polish art?" He didn't sound convinced. "The bracelets pack of braclets is good. And the body glitter is good. The rainbow one. And um...the hairdye, wherever that is?" Lumie now realized what he was could get Pris presents for. He was trying to play it very cool, but his tails were fidgeting all over the place as he quickly flipped pages forward to try and find the hairdye. That's when he stopped on the necklace, the heart one. His eyes went a little wide. He kind of barked out, "Are there collars? For pretty girl animals to wear?" The bark sound in his voice was because he was suddenly nervous. He shifted a little and then he felt he had to explain himself. "See the Doctor had a machine and it can turn people into other things by switching around their DNA and Pris she said she wanted to have tails like me sometime so she'd going to come over and be a kitsune with me one day and when she's a fox I want to get her something pretty to wear and she's probably going to want to color her tails when she's a girl like I'm a boy now because see kitsune always have their tails and she always colors her hair...." -
~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~
~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~

Back to top Go down

Post by ~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~ Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:31 pm

Hey she had to try! Give the boy some ideas ya know? She nodded, and odd as it might sound, a small basket was pulled outta the case that seemed to appear from no where. While he was saying things, the items would be pulled outta the case, and put into the basket, she was gonna help him out. Even if he didn't give the basket at least he had a place to store them! So, bracelets were in, and therainbow body glitter." Got it! And try page 125" Yes it was further back and that was just the regular hair dye, they also had fur dye. But she would not tell him that just yet. She smiled, "Actually collars there are pretty ones for girls on page 68" She nodded, there was some in girly colors solid, and some with gemstones on them, and others with fake bling. She would give him a look, more of a understanding you can explain or not sort of look. She thought that made perfect sense, "You really are a thoughtful guy." She did nod, "And you might want to check out the special fur dye on page 127-129. Its made so it doesn't break out the skin or cause dryness."

- Lumie didn't realize it now but that basket was going to come in handy when it came to giving it to her! He was still focused on the picking part. "AndmaybethisnecklaceIthink." He said that really fast as he pointed to the necklace with the heart on it and then right after he did he started flipping to page 125. "Whoa." There were a lot of options to choose from. He didn't wear a collar himself so he really didn't have a lot of experience with picking. Well sometimes he wore collars, but they were special ones to help the Doctor when they were saving the universe. "Um....that one." He pointed to a purple collar that had colored gems on it. And then flipped to the pages she said as he exclaimed in an excited yip, "Fur dye, really?" He was awestruck. It even made him think about dying his own fur. But he liked himself white. White kitsunes were very special back on his planet. Plus if he visited his parents with dyed anything they'd kill him. -

Az was good at thinking ahead and this way they didnt have to deal with bags. When he said it she reached in that case again, this time the item was in a special box to keep the chain from getting wrapped up, and setting it in the basket. Az didn't peek at the item she knew what it was by how it was wrapped. A giggle did escape from her lips, "We are expanding our selections all the time." Though one rarely saw Az selling this but once a year. She nodded, and when he chose one, she smiled, "Tis a lovely one." A few seconds later she had it as well, arranging it in the basket as they went. She nodded a bit, "Of course! I have a large base of people I offer product to, I only put the best in the catalog." Her minnions tested it all before it hit the books. " It's all perfectly safe!" She smiled over at him, of course, alot of parents would probably be the same way. And if white made one special back home....it worked, "Now there is dye that stays a long time and dye that washes out after four washings." She had never seen it last longer than that on the fur.

- When she put that wrapped box in the basket boy were Lumie's eyes glued to the catalog. His tail flicking a mile a minute. Hard to play it cool when you had tails but he was trying! "Cool," is what he said to all she said to him. Maximum cool tone of voice used to say it too. "The four washes one is better." Since she wouldn't be like him for more than a few hours there was no point getting permanent stuff he thought. "This one and this one." One was purple and the other was green. He'd seen her make her hair those colors before and he wanted to get two just in case she wanted to use one for each tail she had. He was assuming that she'd have two just like him. -

Az wouldn't mind that! That meant he was still pondering things, and that was Az's favorite thing, that and seeing people be happy. She watched the tail but mostly to make sure she stayed out of its way. She let out a small laugh, and nodded, "Yes, that might be the best." And when he said the colors she would reach in and pull out two boxes, which labeled what they were and set them carefully in the back of the basket. "I think you have yourself a nice little basket there." She nodded looking between him and the basket.
~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~
~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~

Back to top Go down

Post by ~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~ Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:32 pm

- Tails! Don't forget, he had two. Nice fluffy long-haired white tails. It meant that he wast still young, his kind got more tails with age and the oldest ever had nine. "Yeap. I'm good at this." Said with a confident nod. Nevermind that he'd needed a whole lot of help to get to this point, all the boy remembered now what that he had great taste in picking things! He shut the catalog and held it out to her. The univeral sign for him being done with his picking. "I bet she'll really like it." A pause. "When's a good time to give girls stuff?" He'd never given a girl anything before besides Catherine and to him she didn't count. Because she was Catherine! -

Yes yes! Both of them! She was being careful of them both! And it was lucky he was a teen and Az just met him, otherwise she would of probably been absently petting them, it was a habit of hers. She wouldnt even realize she was doing it half the time! She gave him a warm smile, "Your a natural!" She was all for pumping the teens ego! She would take the book back and slip it into the bag. She thought about it. "If she has something important coming up. Or you could do a just cause your my friend sort of gift. Girls usually like surprises, though not all girls. Some need to know in advance." A pause, "I am sure you will know when the time is just right!" She nodded a bit, "Just when it feels like you should!"

- It was good she wasn't petting them because to Lumie that would mean she liked him! "Yeah. Cause she's my friend." Lumie liked the sound of that. He was even nodding as he repeated it to himself silently like this, 'here Pris, because you're my friend'. That sounded okay. "And I can make the time right!" he realized that with an excitable bark. "I know what to do!" And there went those tails wagging as he thought of his awesome idea. But then he remembered something. "How much am I supposed to give you for the stuff?" He hadn't been paying attention to that this entire time, how much of a bill he was racking up. -

But Az wouldn't of known that! So perhaps it was best that she hadn't or she would be that creepy avon selling lady! She smiled, "Exactly its the best reason I think," She nodded. And she was hoping away from the tails. Then she heard the question, "Well do you have money or do you have to work for chorse?" She knew some teens did chorse and some had money of thier own and she didn't know his situation. She wasn't tyring to be nosy she just wanted to make it easy on him.

- "I have money!" Lumie was quick to say that, folding his arms across his chest and asserting that with a yip. "I help Archer at his lab and he pays me for it because it's hard work and I'm smart!" This would be one of the first times that moeny was going to go to something other than fast food and video game stuff, though! Which was making him feel very grown up. If he was getting stuff for Pris he definitely wanted to buy it even if it meant no bacon ranch fries for a week. -

She smiled, "I did not mean to offend you if I did. I just know that some teenagers don't." She didn't use that adult to kid voice or anything, just her normal tones. She smiles, "I know Archer, and his sister Arcadia." Az had a soft spot for them, but she wasn't saying that currently. She nods, "I do believe that you are a good worker and that your smart...and if its helping him, you have to be smart." She nodded. And that was a good sign of him acting grown up! Some teenagers would rather keep the non adult way, going as long as they could. She paused, thinking, racking it up in her mind, "Well your lucky because its a sale day, so everything you picked out, basket free, it comes to, 25.00" She just used dollars anymore, cause it seemed to be what most people knew, but she was easy to convert to something else, pretty much she took any forms of currency.

- "That's because they aren't as smart as me." Stupid other teenagers without money! Or they weren't as lucky as him to have an Uncle who payed him for hanging around the lab. Lumie was definitely the type of teenager who considered himself an adult already. Because even though he spent hours a day playing his Wii he still saved the universe and guarded Catherine and her family and that was a really really adult job. "Yeah! Arcadia! She's a fox with me all the time a really pretty fox too not a kitsune but another kind!" He used to have a little crush on Arcadia when he was a bit younger. He still liked to get hair all over Adrian's things just to assert that Arcadia was his friend....some habits die hard. Lumie sprang up, digging in his back pocket for his wallet. Once he found it he cracked it upon and pulled out six bills. A twenty and five ones which he held out to her -

She gave a nod, "It does take a smart one to have thier own means." She thought it was a good thing that he had a job, in the first place, so many lazy teenagers! Yeah that too, but hey, whatever worked! And that was a really really adult job, Az couldn't disagree with that in the least!! She smiled, "I haven't seen her in years...Glad to hear shes doing good." Of course, old habits werent always bad either. When he sprang up she stepped backwards, careful of tails and feet! And he held out the bills she smiled, "Thank you!" She took a step back pocketing the money in a secret pocket, "I am glad that I found your door!" She nodded.
~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~
~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~

Back to top Go down

Post by ~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~ Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:32 pm

- "Yeah me too!" Because now he could impress a girl. And that was awesome. He plopped down on the couch so eagerly he forgot to move his tails out of the way. A yelp and he shifted to let them free. Floofing them with a few stretches to make sure they were okay as he leaned forward to poke his nose in the basket. Not his literal nose but it was close! He was peering at the stuff and all its directions, not actually touching it. He didn't want to touch girl stuff. "Thanks," he added with awed satisfaction. He really did think he did a great job now that he was looking at all he picked. -

She smiled, though she blinked when he did that yelp. She almost asked if he was okay, her mouth had opened but he was already moving so she thought he was fine, for that was all she heard. And he was fluffing his tails, tails are nice, yes keeping her hands at her sides. "Tis a pleasure to meet you Lumie. If you need anything else, feel free to come up and knock!" She smiled, "I don't go actively selling but I have the stuff being made all year round...so we can work something out!" And to the door she was going, "I should be going, unless you need anything else?" She saw him looking at his selections and thought he might like to look them over in private!

- "Nope I don't need anything else!" said brightly by Lumie. Might make her wonder if he heard everything else she said. Teenagers. But he did, or at least he'd remember that he did when it mattered...which would be if he ever need to buy any more things from her! For now he'd just keep nosing around the basket. Adding as an afterthought, "Bye!" At least he remembered that much? -

Nah, Az knew how they were, she was a happy girl! And she smiled, "Take care! I hope she likes it all!" And like that Az was gone! Out the door, shutting it behind her, seeing it had been open the whole time she was in the room. She was just glad that she not only got a sale but she seemed to be helpful to a bright young man!
~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~
~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down