Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Reading in the garden <open>

2 posters

Go down

Reading in the garden <open> Empty Reading in the garden <open>

Post by Inion Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:28 am

She had alot of time to herself these days, and today she headed out to the gardens. A small picnic basket on her arm. Dress in capri's and a fluttery light wieght blouse roman style sandels and a big sun hat. She found a nice spot in the sun near a lovely tree and conjured on of those wooden lounge chairs with the nice cushions. Setting the basket down and settleing into the chair, she pulled out a pair of sunglasses and a book. There she was setting enjoying the warm spring sunshine and reading a book. Croga had wondered out with her but chose to lay in the shade close enough that if she needed him he was there.
Inion
Inion

Number of posts : 303

Back to top Go down

Reading in the garden <open> Empty Re: Reading in the garden <open>

Post by Elessar Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:25 am

The woman with the book and her companion were not the only ones wishing to take advantage of the spring weather. The day was one Elessar had been waiting for, sunny and bright, but more importantly warm. The golden haired Elf had become a hermit in the past months, but the promise of spring in the air was a lure even he could not resist.

Grabbing his battered leather journal and almost featherless quill pen, Elessar left his room and headed for the garden. Dressed in an old handmade tunic of green with brown leggings, it had been his intent on blending in with the trees, that was until he caught sight of the woman lounging in the sun.

By her luck, or his, she happened to be sitting underneath the very tree Elessar had planned to perch in. Hoping that she wouldn't mind, the Elf drew closer, only to smile when he realized who the woman was. "Vedui' Inion," He stopped a bit away, not wanting to intrude. "It has been a while since we spoke last. How have you been?"
Elessar
Elessar

Number of posts : 107

Back to top Go down

Post by Inion Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:38 am

She looked up from her book when she heard a familiar voice. A bright smile was given. "Dia Dhuit, Elessar. It has been a long time. You look better then the last time I saw you." He was beaten, bruised and pretty much in a coma state when she saw him last. "You have kept to yourself quite a bit of late. I see the call of a beautiful spring day has called you outside. I am doing very good. And how about you?"

She took off her glasses out of politeness, her eyes sparkled with her smile.
Inion
Inion

Back to top Go down

Post by Elessar Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:39 am

Elessar met Inion's smile with a small one of his own, taking several steps closer. "Indeed, it has been too long I believe." There was an irony here, of how when one became a recluse after an incident they were told of how well they looked when they finally did re-appear. It was an irony that Elessar was finding himself becoming quite familiar with as of late. "Thank you. I had not planned to stay away for so long, but I found returning to familiar things to be a rather difficult task."

At the mention of the weather the Elf tilted his head back, looking up at the sky. For the space of a moment he appeared to glow as the sun reflected off his gold and blue splattered hair. "Even as a recluse I cannot deny my heart. It sings with the wakening of nature in the beauty of a spring day."

Looking back down, his clear gray eyes turned to her. "I am returning to normal, if you wish. Though, it appears that the process is to be arduous. Unfortunately it is not something to be changed in the space of one evening nor in a fortnight or longer." He shook his head with a bit of a chuckle then. "I am sure you do not wish to hear the details, however."
Elessar
Elessar

Back to top Go down

Post by Inion Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:15 pm

She watched him, and nodded, she understood about returning to familar things being difficult. It took her months to return to Ryhdin after her last napping which had left her broken in so many ways. "Sometimes our soul knows just how long we need to stay away till the healing is started..

Another bright smile on her lips as she watched him look up, yes he did seem to glow in the sunlight, "yes the call of th eheart is always strong this time of the year. Spring has always been my favorite time of year. A chance for renewal, to shake off the layers of winter." SHe waved her hand and another lounge chair like the one she was sitting on appeared. "Please come and sit, unless the call of the trees is stronger. I would have climbed them today , but too much shade I wanted to feel the warmth of the sun."

A tilt of her head "normal, normal can be over rated. Besides sometimes a change from normal is a good path. " For her it had been almost a year to get back to herself. though she was very different for the most. She wasn't one to push people when it came to talk about those moments in their lives they aren't sure people wanted to hear about, she gave him a gentle smile. "I don't mind if you wish to share, but if you don't then I can understand.."
Inion
Inion

Back to top Go down

Post by Elessar Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:50 pm

Elessar bowed his head slightly at her words. "Aye, the soul knows when the time for healing can begin." A shadow of darkness passed over his eyes briefly, but it was gone as fast as it had appeared.

"I prefer the Fall months of the year to any other, although I do find Spring to have the strongest call." He smiled as he glanced out over the newly blooming plants and flowers, before turning back to her. "I enjoy the rich colors that burst forth before they are silenced by the long, dead sleep of winter."

"That is a rather curious trick you have, to make chairs appear out of thin air." Elessar reached out to touch the top of the chair, running his long fingers over the grain of the wood. "I believe I shall take you up on your offer. For once I do not feel like hiding in the shade."

Moving in closer, he let his fingers drift down over the cushions before he was finally satisfied enough to actually sit on it. "I do not believe I have ever been normal, not even for my own kind." He gave a wry chuckle as he settled into the chair. "If that is true, then how can change of any kind be good? I am not against change, but in the same breath I do not know how to embrace it either."
Elessar
Elessar

Back to top Go down

Post by Inion Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:27 pm

She smiled and watched his reaction to the chair. A small giggle, "Is it a curious trick?Speaking of being different even for ones kind. Take the chair, illusion magic is a fairies strongest magic, yet its just that an illusion. With me all my life my illusions have been real, so I guess they really aren't illusions in a way. I don't even look like any others in my clan." she gave a small smile, even after all these years it still bothered her to be so different.

She shook her head and the bright smile returned. "embracing change is never easy, but since most times you can't stop change from happening it's better to just go with it and find the good in it."

Leaning over she plucked a bottle from the basket next to her,"would you like something to drink, or eat. I brought a bit of fruit and such.:
Inion
Inion

Back to top Go down

Post by Elessar Fri May 01, 2009 12:58 am

For being the product of an illusion the chair certainly seemed, and felt, real enough to the Elf. To top that, he even found it to be rather comfortable. "Aye, it is a trick upon mine eyes. There are no illusions where I am from, at least none as real as this."

At her admission of looking different from others of her kind, Elessar gave a soft sigh. Absently one hand came up to finger the blue tinted strands of hair that was tightly bound in a thin braid behind his ear. "I look different from my kind as well." Hair was considered prized among Elves, but regarded to Elessar as his greatest ruin. "Strange it seems that I desire to be the same as the others, though it is a futile wish." His clear eyes were dark as he looked to her. "It is a foolish wish."

This somber mood lasted for the space of a moment before it faded, and by the time her question came of food or drink he was smiling again. "I would not say no to some fruit if you have any to spare."
Elessar
Elessar

Back to top Go down

Post by Inion Fri May 01, 2009 1:20 am

She watched him touch the blue in his hair, to her it was beautiful, but she understood the wish. Her own hair had that oddity of an unsual color, hers having a tint of purple almost like moonlight. She reached a hand out to touch his hair, but held back, remembering that some don't like being touched. She did give him a smile. "it is not a foolish wish, when I was younger I wanted to fit in better with my clan, look more like everyone else. As time went by I learned to except who I was."

Reaching into the basket she pulled out a smaller basket filled with strawberries, another that had blackberries and another with apple slices. "There are other kinds fruits in the basket if you wish. I love fruits, chocolate maybe my weakness but fruit I always have around." she sat the baskets on a little table that appeared inbetween them.
Inion
Inion

Back to top Go down

Post by Elessar Sat May 09, 2009 4:06 pm

It is a curious thing how something viewed as ugly to one, can be beautiful to another. Such was the condition with Elessar's blue splattered hair. Her reach to touch his hair did not gone unnoticed and he held still, waiting. When the touch didn't come, he looked at her with a mildly curious look. "It is okay if you wish to touch it."

The table appearing was another curious trick, but it was the fruit that held his attention this time. "I have always found chocolate to be too sweet for my tastes," He chuckled as he reached for an apple slice. "But, I have always enjoyed the taste of fruit. I tried a new kind a few days ago, Armandeus called it a pineapple. Can you believe it does not taste like pine nor apple? The taste is rather good, however."
Elessar
Elessar

Back to top Go down

Post by Inion Sun May 10, 2009 11:32 pm

A blush touched her cheeks " I didn't mean to seem rude by not touching, but I also didn't wish to be rude by touching without asking." Her fingers reached out and this time they did touch his hair, it was a light touch barely noticable. Another blush touched her cheeks, if someone passed by they would view what she was doing as a form of affection, when in fact it was just courisity. Her fingers let the strand of hair fall back into place, and she smiled. "I have had pineapple, I like how it taste. My favorite fruit is pears. Theres just something about how it tastes and feels that I love."
Inion
Inion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down