Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Looking for someone

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Looking for someone Empty Looking for someone

Post by Casandra Lightheart Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:32 am

Cas was really starting to worry; it has been three weeks and no word from Amadeo.
She sent the twins to school and got dressed. Having the twins home meant less time for her. She had taken some advice from V and was dressing a lot more casually. Today that meant jeans and white shirt with full sleeves gathered at the biceps and wrists the front was a bit low cut gathered under the breast and then looking like two shirts, the top shirt split down the middle.

Looking for someone _5765165

She pulled a light jacket out of the closet and pulled it on; it was surprisingly warm for the beginning of March. That done she pulled on her boots and went to the stables and got Rider ready.

Where was Cas going? To the manor of course. She was going to see if she could figure out where Amadeo was. While she was there she was hoping to get a few herbs from the garden. She put her left foot in the stirrup and swung herself up into the saddle. She sent Rider into a fast trot and headed to the Manor. Kjay as always was with her running beside Rider. He refused to leave his human unless he was with her cubs.

Once there she swung off Rider and went to the front doors and knocked.
Casandra Lightheart
Casandra Lightheart

Number of posts : 1130

Back to top Go down

Looking for someone Empty Re: Looking for someone

Post by Ma'Domo Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:31 pm

Although the master of the Manor was not currently in residence it did not mean that the place was some sort of ghost town, there were still things to be done. Amongst other things, the vineyard needed tending - the season for care was coming soon - as well as the surrounding grounds and the animals. So when Casandra came riding up with her companion she would see the outside as busy as the last time she remembered and the servants who saw her regarded her with nods.

There were even measures to see who came in and off of the grounds, the system being monitored by the Mayordomo in one of the areas of the Manor. He was the first that they had a visitor. "ΏPor quι es que ella aquν?" He mused while getting up from his seat. After instructing someone to take his post the Mayordomo - or Butler - made his way to the front door.

Her knock was answered shortly by the door opening and her coming to face with stout man of middle-age wearing an Egyptian cotton suit of very light brown. His beard was neatly trimmed and his hair was kept short about his face. The man was on the shorter side of five feet tall. He regarded her through his wire rimmed, quarter-size glasses. "Yes?"

Ma'Domo

Back to top Go down

Post by Casandra Lightheart Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:47 pm

She looked at the man and smiled. She was hoping for Ama but either she was gone or busy. She backed down a step so that she was on eye level with the man she didn't like the idea of looking down at him it might seem rude.

"I was wondering if anyone had heard from Senor Stry, I have not seen or heard from him in three weeks, and I am begining to worry."

There she had said it, she had voiced out loud that she was worried for him. The other request could wait, it was not Ama that came to the door and she was not going to ask this man she didn't know for herbs from the garden.
Casandra Lightheart
Casandra Lightheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Ma'Domo Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:33 pm

Indeed. She wanted to know where the master of the House was, but she had not even excused herself for the intrusion, neither had she bothered to introduce herself. Of course he knew who she was, even though they had not previously been introduced to the other, and yet she spoke to him as though they were common acquaintances. Why is it then that he should give her any type of information at all?

For this reason he continued to stand there, looking at her through the glasses, and one hand against the door. Right now it was open and afforded a slight view of the bright entrance hall behind him. As she had stepped down it was easier to look at her, but his eyes looked at her with magisterial authority.

"And you are?"

Ma'Domo

Back to top Go down

Post by Casandra Lightheart Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:29 pm

"Oh I am sorry, in my haste for news I forgot to introduce myself. I am Lady Casandra Lightheart, I am sorry for the intrusion and my rudeness, but I am worried about Amadeo, he left my home near three weeks ago after getting a call."

She looked down.

"I have not seen or heard from him since."

She looked back up at him.

"Please, if you know where he is or that he is ok.."

This would have been easier with Ama.
Casandra Lightheart
Casandra Lightheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Ma'Domo Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:46 pm

Amadeo? The look he had been giving her was no punctured with the rise of his left eyebrow. The audacity of her to used the Master's name freely and openly whereas moments before she had given the man respect by his last name. The Mayordomo was developing a few personal opinions about Lady Lightheart, opinions that were not all to pleasing. She settled her lack of manners on haste and worry, but he was not all to sure that was the only reason for he had experienced some people of this area to be very lax and even lacking manners all together.

"The Seρor, Marquιs del Stry," emphasis on the title, "is away and will make his presence known to you in his own time." He said nothing about where the Marquιs was or his state of health.

Ma'Domo

Back to top Go down

Post by Casandra Lightheart Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:48 pm

Casandra had impeccable manners and she was trying very hard to not overstep her bounds her. Her hand went to the heart that hung off her neck, it had been more then two months since Amadeo had placed it there and since that day it had never been removed.

She heard the way he stressed Amadeo's title, she was not stupid he was talking down to her and bordering on being rude. She was getting a bit upset she had not had a decent nights sleep since the night before the ball when Amadeo had been in her bed. She let two weeks pass before she started to wonder now after three weeks it was time to ask questions.

She moved back up to the top step and stood to her full height of just over five foot ten.

"I am sorry if my use of his given name upsets you. I hear how you stress his title, I know it well, and were I speaking with anyone that was not his staff, Leo, or himself, I would not use it. My own children have never even heard his given name leave my lips."

She took a deep breath and continued on.

"That I know it when he keeps it a closely guarded secret; that should speak to the fact that I am not just some person coming off the street. I came here first out of concern and respect for The Marquιs del Stry, I care for him enough that I came here before searching answers elsewhere.

Now she did look down at the shorter man.The entier time she spoke to him she never once raised her voice, she had remained calm.

"I would think that only the people he trusts most would be in his home. I guess I was wrong to come here first, I will go elsewhere for my answers."

She glared at the man.

"I bid you good day."

She went back to Rider.

"Kjay lets go."

She put her left foot in the stirrup and swung herself back into the saddle. Before she road off she turned back to the man that she had just left on the steps.

Last edited by Casandra Lightheart on Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Casandra Lightheart
Casandra Lightheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Ma'domo Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:04 pm

Before she could even tell the man her good-day the Mayordomo had already backed in and the door was closing. She had a nerve. Not even the staff was as foolish to use the real name of the Marquιs. That she would toss it around as if it were some all access pass showed that she was ignorant and knew nothing.

It was a shame. The whole thing could have gone different and, had she not lost her patience she could have gained some valuable information. Casandra had made a grave mistake in letting her emotions get the better of her and assuming that she had rights. It had to be the way of the women here.

Casandra had her say and now, only the Marquιs himself, or Leo, would be able to provide her with any recognition - whether here or at one of the other establishments - beyond that of a common passerby. That was the nature of the network and it went into effect with the closing of the door.

Ma'domo

Back to top Go down

Post by Casandra Lightheart Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:57 pm

Cassie could not make this mistake again, she was already regretting letting her temper get the better of her. She had kicked Rider into a run as soon as she left. Now that the manor was out of site she slowed him to a walk.

"Well Kjay I really messed up this time."

Yes, she was talking to her wolf like he was a person.

Kjay barked at her to let her know he agreed, he had not seen his human that mad since they had killed the evil one. Before that it had been several years.

She needed a good night sleep. She would do what she had been avoiding; valerian root should do the trick.

She spent the evening with the twins. They had dinner in their rooms and then she read them a story. After she put them to bed she drank a cup of valerian root tea.

For the first night in months that Amadeo was not in bed with her she actually slept. She woke the next morning feeling refreshed. She had not wanted to drug herself but she could not afford a repeat of yesterday.

She woke before the twins and saw them off to school. This was not going to be easy. She dressed for the day in an ankle length black skirt. She pulled out an orange top, It looked like two pieced but was actually one, and the top piece looked like it was tied in a knot at the breast.

Looking for someone _5623931 Looking for someone _5771093

She pulled on her boots and grabbed the same light jacket she had worn yesterday.

"Come on Kjay."

She went down to the stables and saddled Rider. She let the stable hand help her into the side saddle. She headed off to New Haven and right to Fabrications by Design. She slid off Rider and tied him to the post before entering the store.
Casandra Lightheart
Casandra Lightheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Clerk Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:27 am

Fabrications of Design was running at it's usual pace. While they were never a very shop that was swarming with customers, they were busy for the type of work that they did. Clearly, when Casandra arrived, they had only opened a little while ago. Yes, the store had business hours. It was not one of those stores that opened at the crack of dawn and stayed open until the witching hours.

None of the employees stood around idle, if they did not have a task to do then they were not seen. From watering the plants, arranging fabrics, or any other task, the females were busy. There were one or two that Casandra would recognize from her other times in the shop.

One of the ladies - not one who had worked with her before - approached her after Casandra entered. "Welcome to Fabrications by Design, what can I fit you in?" Very polite, poise and ready.

Clerk

Back to top Go down

Post by Casandra Lightheart Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:47 pm

Cas looked at Kjay.

“Go lay down by the door and stay out of everyone’s way.”

Kjay looked from his human to the woman speaking with her then went to lie down. His eyes though followed his human. She was up to something.

Cas turned back to the woman.

“I know this will be an odd request, but I need a full wardrobe of clothing similar to what I am wearing now. I believe it is considered business casual.”

She was looking at fabric now.

“High quality linens, silks, and light wools, maybe some cashmere. Colors in greens, blues, cream colors, anything else you think would go well with my complexion and hair and eye color.”

She looked back to the woman.

"Money is no object."
Casandra Lightheart
Casandra Lightheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Clerk Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:02 pm

"Of course Ma'am, as you request." it was not that odd of a request, people came in the shop to buy full sets, individual pieces, or accent items for their wardrobe. This shop was equiped to handle large orders.

The look given the attendant by Casandra was met with a bright and eager smile. She stepped away and motioned towards the stage area, her back never turned for she knew that to do so was rude. "Have you shopped with us before? If this is your first time, could you please follow me to the stage where the ladies and I can measure you?"

She even gave a quick look to the animal that had come, but it was only a glance as it was only sitting.

Clerk

Back to top Go down

Post by Casandra Lightheart Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:17 pm

"I have not been here for a long time, and then it was only for a couple items."

She moved to the stage.

"Why don't you just have me measured again."

Yes she was trying to keep the lady from having to pull her file, no telling what else may be there besides her measurements.
Casandra Lightheart
Casandra Lightheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Clerk Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:44 pm

When Casandra started moving to the stage other ladies started to appear. One or two women from the ground and the rest appeared from behind the stage - there must be a door back there that lead to a room - six all together including the one that had initially addressed her. These women had measuring tape, a stretch of testing cloth, pins and a pad for notations.

"Of course." If it had been a while then there was good reason why she wanted to have her measurments retaken. Anything could have happened to her figure since then. "We shall help you remove your clothing, don't worry about, we're trained to keep you decent."

One of the ladies was already preparing the testing cloth while another would help Casandra with her clothing.

Clerk

Back to top Go down

Post by Casandra Lightheart Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:18 am

Cas had been through this before. She allowed them to remove her clothing and take the measurements. She stood perfectly still and straight.

"I never ware heals so you do not need to try to compensate for added height."

Even the test cloth felt nice. She was capable of making her own clothing but with the twins back and her lack of sleep she just didn't have the time or energy.

Cas really needed to take the valerian root more often. What she really needed to do was talk through what had happened in the weeks before Christmas.

When they were done with the measurements and she was again properly dressed she looked at the women.

"Do you have any other suggestions on colors other then the few I suggested? Perhaps other fabrics good for the spring and summer?"
Casandra Lightheart
Casandra Lightheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Clerk Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:17 pm

When their task was done, it was done, and therefore the women went back to what they had been doing - those that had been working the floor gave their information to the women who were heading to the back room. Now that they had the information they could begin working. The only one that stayed with Casandra was the one who had approached her at the start.

"There are a lot of fabric options and that of the color palette for us to choose from with the fabrics and colors you suggested." It was true for there were many types of silks and cottons, and various shades of those colors. "We will do well for your collection. Now, would you like to pay now or shall I have it charged to an account. Since you have been here before you have an account. We only need your name." An account worked very much like any modern day credit card system.

Clerk

Back to top Go down

Post by Casandra Lightheart Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:38 pm

"I think I would like to pay now."

She had pleny of money in her bag, she was still avoiding giving her name, but now it was for two reasons. She didn't know what was on it, and she also didn't know if he had made it so that she was not to be charged. He had already had one set of clothes made for her, thoes were at the manor. This one she wanted to pay for herself.

"How much do I owe?"
Casandra Lightheart
Casandra Lightheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Clerk Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:19 pm

"Very well Ma'am, this way." Still just as polite, the lady lead Casandra over to the cash register. A simple area, nothing overly extravagant. Behind it the lady looked at the notes of information that had been collected during the measuring and pressed a few buttons on the machine. It wasn't uncommon for a person to pay upfront - though they usually didn't carry around vast amounts of money in their pockets unless they were with a full entourage, otherwise they are only asking to get robbed - and so a second thought wasn't given to this at all.

After a few buttons the total came up. "That will be fifty gold please. Or, if you prefer five-thousand, five hundred dollars." The total was given and the lady only smiled at Casandra, waiting to see how she was wanting to pay.

Clerk

Back to top Go down

Post by Casandra Lightheart Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:24 pm

Cas followed the woman over to the register and waited as she rung everything up. Once she had the total she nodded and called Kjay over to her.

"Kjay come here boy."

He came over to her and sat down at her side. He licked her hand as she reached down and took a pouch from around his neck.

Cas scratched behind his ear and then stood strait. She reached into the pouch and withdrew six pieces of platinum, she passed them over to the woman.

"I think that this more than covers the balance."

She put the pouch back around Kjay's neck.
Casandra Lightheart
Casandra Lightheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Clerk Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:45 pm

With the bit extra it could earn her extra flares on the clothing or accent pieces - they liked to put accessories to many of their sets, and some of the designers say that an outfit is incomplete without them. Then again, it can always be applied to a future tab. Taken and it was being stored away in the register in a special container. Though they had no fear of ever being robbed they hardly kept that type of money in the register.

"Thank you for your business. Your order will be ready for pick up in about a months time."

Clerk

Back to top Go down

Post by Casandra Lightheart Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:50 pm

She nodded her head.

"Thank you very much."

She turned to leave and then almost as an after thought she turned back.

"Might I speak with the person in charge of the store? I would like to let them know that I recieved very prompt, very good service."
Casandra Lightheart
Casandra Lightheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Clerk Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:35 pm

After Casandra left the register, the lady prepared to leave and return to the task which she had been at previously. Just as she was going to, she was spoken to once again. "Prompt and good service are what we are known to give," she said with a very polite smile. "It is good to hear you say as much. Rest assure that the one in charge will receive your message."

Even if the person who was in charge already had received the message and was keeping an eye on what was happening down on the floor, it was not something that had to be known.

"He is a busy man. You understand."

Clerk

Back to top Go down

Post by Casandra Lightheart Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:46 pm

She smiled at the woman, how to best ask this without sounding demanding. She was not going to make that mistake again.

"I am sure he must be a busy man. Would you please ask him if he has but a moment? If not then I understand."
Casandra Lightheart
Casandra Lightheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Clerk Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:55 pm

Now the lady looked a bit perplexed as to why this Lady was wanting to see the current manager, and it showed by the slightly furrowed brows. She stepped out from behind the register, hands held down in front of her.

"Is something the matter as to why you need to see him?" It was a perfectly good question to ask. Nothing had to be wrong since she just complimented on the good service. It was true that some liked to give it in person. "You can be assure that your message will be delivered. "

Clerk

Back to top Go down

Post by Casandra Lightheart Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:58 pm

She smiled at the woman.

"No nothing is the matter at all, I just prefer to give compliments on staff directly to the manager in person, as I said if it is not possible I understand."
Casandra Lightheart
Casandra Lightheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum