Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

)(( The 'Librarian' in the Woods ))( Open

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

)(( The 'Librarian' in the Woods ))( Open - Page 2 Empty Re: )(( The 'Librarian' in the Woods ))( Open

Post by Sky Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:30 pm

He had indeed misunderstood her words, perhaps through a difference in cultures? He didn't know he hadn't noticed and still really didn't. He was not know for being particularly bright. He did understand partially her request to serve this land. He looked to the ground thoughtfully for a moment. He didn't her nature speak but he felt her emotions, he had been deciphering her wants needs and whims for a long time now.

"Hey well if you want to be able to tend to the land here it is not me you should ask. I only protect. You should ask the lands themselves. I am sure you already have your answer to that though don't you? I do... need help, i protect physically but.. i... tend to be callused to her more... sensative needs."

He shrugged his shoulders and released a heavy sigh. It was not something he liked to particularly admit. His feelings really did not matter though if there was more help involved.
Sky
Sky

Number of posts : 421

Back to top Go down

)(( The 'Librarian' in the Woods ))( Open - Page 2 Empty Re: )(( The 'Librarian' in the Woods ))( Open

Post by Arcadia Caughey Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:38 pm

When Sky dropped his gaze to the ground, Arcadia's violet eyes did the same. Only briefly, after surveying the land at her feet her eyes lift and scanned the trees, settling momentarily on the brook where she'd found Maddie sitting a short while ago. Her gaze what there when Sky surmised that she already had the answer to the question about tending these lands - setting her violet yes upon him once more, Arcadia offered one of her ghostly, knowing little smiles. The was the only answer she gave.

What he said next, however, that furrowed her brow. "Calloused?" she echoed the word with a bit of uncertainty creeping into her reserved tones. For all the man said thus far regarding Nature and his relationship to Her, she found it difficult to believe he would be calloused towards Her earth in any way. "...to her more sensitive needs." She finished that echo as a statement, not a question, as if it was a puzzle she was trying to figure out aloud. The echo was the closest she'd get to persuading him to clarify. She wasn't the sort to pry, so if he didn't take her gentle prompt, she would take that as him wishing to keep the details private. A wish she'd certainly understand, if it was the case.

As she waited for his answer, her eyes strayed once more. Most often looking over the trunks of trees and their canopies, and the bushes and plants. Acquainting herself with what grew here. Her care for Nature had always been centered on plant life, and when through unexpected circumstances Nature chose to elevate her to an avatar, all of Arcadia's once human maternal instincts were redirected solely to plants. As a result, her relationship to the other side of wildlife - animals, humans, and everything in between - had always been rather distant and muddled.
Arcadia Caughey
Arcadia Caughey

Number of posts : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:51 am

He followed her gaze for a bit before his own eyes began to wonder around. He took a deep brath as if to speak, then he clearly thought for a moment and then shrugged his shoulders. He looked down at the grass yet again.

"Yes... i have been arounda long time. Her pains are my pains.I... I am not strong enough to continue to suffer with her so i have learned to block out some of her more sensative needs. Sometimes I'm asked of things i can not do... Sometimes i feel very alone in trying to preserve what has for so long preserved me."

He shrugged again, despite his words his eyes didn't betray anything mroe then a slight hint of saddness and dissapointment. He unwrpped his tail from his leg and let it quite unceremoniously fall to the ground.
Sky
Sky

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcadia Caughey Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:56 pm

"Aye. I can understand that, feelin' alone in such work. Findin' those who tend to more than modern interests is a task these days." A nod on her part, and one of those faint knowing smiles. Her violet eyes had watched him through all his shifts of gaze and posture. He was a bit uncomfortable, perhaps, that didn't escape her attention. It was why she was wasn't going to press him any further than she already had. There was no reason to, she more than understood where he was coming from, from what information he'd already offered. And she appreciated it, that he'd shared so.

"While m' a wandering spirit at heart, there are those that I consider family that dwell near here." If one wanted to be technical about it, there was one who was family who dwelled near here - Archer. But for whatever reason, she chose to keep her words more vague than that. "So m' sure I will return here now and then, and would be happy t' walk through this wild t' tend to its earthly needs."

And then, a pause. She added after a moment of consideration, "And perhaps in time, I could teach you t' care for the land in ways y' haven't had the ability to as o' yet?" She didn't know much about his particular creed, the anthro creed. Perhaps they had gifts that she could use as a springboard to help him hone new abilities. She was a teacher, both of healing and of magic. A soft clear of her throat, and she added, "I was plannin' on walkin' these woods tonight, t' get t' know them better. The wild will let me know what manner o' roots need regular tendin' so to speak." And then she'd have a clearer idea of what she could teach him that might be of benefit.
Arcadia Caughey
Arcadia Caughey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:14 am

Once again he gave a shrug of his shoulders. He hadn't been one to use the typical human gestures but he found that the anthro ones eitehr didn't get the point through or confused them.

"Well what you could teach me would be appreciated... maybe i could stay alive by different means if i were to know a few different things."

He had literally meant staying alive when he spoke, he didn't mean to say it outloud but after he had it was a little too late. He gave a twitch of his tail wether from nervousness or excitement it was hard to tell. He had been wanting more then the wolvesto help him protect thsi land for a long time. After all often times more then just brute force was needed for a situation, and Sky knew at least that much.
Sky
Sky

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcadia Caughey Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:36 pm

While Arcadia was rather muddled when it came to speaking with people about just any this or that, there were instances where she could speak ad nauseam and be rather comfortable and controlled about it. When she was healing, for one. And when she was teaching, for two. So even the simple prospect of teaching Sky in the future and giving him knowledge that could help him care for these woods, it shifted their relationship. And that shift put her more at ease. Not that any of her unease was showing outwardly, Arcadia had long time ago learned to keep all her emotional nonsense inside and to outwardly show an almost zen-like state.

"There's always room for teachin' and learnin'," she gave that easy reply with one of her little smiles. Even now she still enjoyed learning, which was probably why she wandered near and far - any stretch of land was the potential to learn about new plants, at the very least. Her eyes dropped briefly to his tail, watching the nature of how it moved, before lifting to gaze in his eyes once more. "And if this is your dwellin' place, I'll know where t' find you easy enough." As all creatures did he came with a scent, after all. She'd remember it.

"But tonight," she continued with that same cryptic little smile, "I've got t' get on me nightly business, before the hours get away from me. Bliss and spirits be with ye, Sky, until we meet next." She bowed her head just a little bit, a respectful gesture of departure from the stoic lass, before she stepped back from him, deeper into the thicket of plants she'd chosen to make her path for the night.
Arcadia Caughey
Arcadia Caughey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:07 pm

With her dismissal he put the back of his hand against his forehead, it may not have meant much to her but to his kind it was a way of showing respect to elders or teachers. He said nothing more merely turned and headed about his way as well. He always had something that needed taken care of. His mistress' needs where never fulfilled. Especially with someone always changing things.
Sky
Sky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2