Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Now ... How exactly does this work?

4 posters

Go down

Now ... How exactly does this work? Empty Now ... How exactly does this work?

Post by Ailylaeli Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:06 am

So, this was the bar.

Ailylaeli walked over to the bar. It was a short stroll from the check in desk. She found a place to sit at the bar itself. No need to take up a table when it is just her. She wasn't sure how someone was going to help her. It had seemed that the entire place was all but empty. Maybe it was this holiday that she had seen the people at the circus celebrating this time of year. What did they call it? St. Valentine's Day? Yes, that was it. That holiday was yesterday.

So maybe the other patrons of the Inn were sleeping in as some of the people from the circus seemed to do on this day. Or maybe they had gone away for time together. Though that was usually done in pairs, not groups. Or maybe the Inn was just that vacant. No matter the reason, she didn't see a cook or a tender anywhere. Perhaps this was another of miss Epiphany's jobs. Or perhaps there was someone else here. She doubted that it was something that the good Doctor Blake would be doing. He might be a Doctor and an Educator. But she doubted that tender or chef were on his resume'.

So quietly the elf would wait.
Ailylaeli
Ailylaeli

Number of posts : 29

Back to top Go down

Now ... How exactly does this work? Empty Re: Now ... How exactly does this work?

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:17 pm

Quiet can often be perceived as an illusion. It could cause a person to feel comfortable and let down their guard down, fortunately there was nothing to fear of the Inn's quiet. In fact, the one who was moving around behind the closed door of the kitchen was enjoying the quiet. She had been enjoying it as late for it helped her to collect the many scattered thoughts that ran through her mind.

While in the midst of cleaning she heard someone sit down in the bar area - chairs and stools often make a sound when someone moves them back so they could sit, and she had a heightened sense of hearing. Cleaning her hands and drying them on a towel, De'Ryanna pushed open the door and exited out to be seen behind the bar. Her hair was up in a neat bun and the shirt she wore was a closed collar and had long sleeves. The rest was hidden by the bar.

A polite and courteous smile was given to the one sitting at the bar. "Greetings. What can I get you?"

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Number of posts : 566

Back to top Go down

Now ... How exactly does this work? Empty Re: Now ... How exactly does this work?

Post by Cadmon Lennan Dewayne Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:10 am

Cad had been locked in his room since Christmas. The day after Christmas he had gotten sick. He thought it was just s stomach flu or something. But as he got worse he had found himself asking one of those guard guys who played Christmas elves if they knew where he could find a Doctor or something. They had told him about the red-heads on the third floor. So he had ended up talking to a lovely named Tasha.

She had given him some herbs to go in hot tea and had told him how much to drink how often. She had also told him to drink at least eight ounces of Orange Juice a day and to eat chicken noodle soup. He had been following orders. The guard guys were bringing him his juice and soup and such so he could follow orders. But this weekend he was pretty much on his own. The guards and the healers and almost the whole Inn was going to some Castle for a ball. He had to stay behind. But he was hungry and needed his juice and soup, so he ventured out.

He made his way to the bar. He wasn't anywhere near as sick as he had been. He was almost feeling good again. He would check in with Tasha again in a day or two to see if he could eat solid foods again or not. When he got down to the main floor and in view of the bar he saw De'Ryanna. Either she had stayed behind or she had returned early. And she was talking to a woman he had not seen before. She had lovely brown hair and seemed very petite. He chose to join them at the bar.

He sat down as De'Ryanna was asking the lady what she could get for her. He waited until she was finished asking before he chose to speak. "Excuse me, De'Ryanna. Hello, long time no see. If you are taking orders for the kitchen, could I trouble you for a bowl of chicken noodle soup and a big glass of Orange Juice?" He did the best he could to mask a cough as he sat there. He couldn't help but look at the lovely sitting there at the bar just a few stools from him. She was exquisite. But he would wait until she finished her business with De'Ryanna before he would try to at least find out her name.
Cadmon Lennan Dewayne
Cadmon Lennan Dewayne

Number of posts : 131

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:56 pm

Someone else had come to the bar and he was greeted with a polite smile as well. "Greetings Cadmon, seems that you are alive after all." Playful banter. She never admitted to be any good at it, and it might not even be perceived as such. The last time she had seen him, she had his towel in her hands. This time he was clothed and she got a chance to see what he looked like dressed like others. "And clothed."

Tagging that on the end as she proceeded to get a glass for his orange juice. He had placed his order and she was still waiting on the lady so she moved on until the other patron was ready. Just as he requested she produced a large glass for him and then the juice and filled his glass. "Here you go," sliding the glass towards him. "Soup will be ready soon enough. Have a cold?" Asked due to what he ordered.

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by Armandeus Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:02 am

De'Ryanna wasn't the only one who possessed a heightened sense of hearing, Armandeus did as well. Unfortunately that sense didn't help any when one's head was stuck in the back of an oven.

Before the rumors start flying about a twice baked Elf, not to worry, for he was simply cleaning. When one spent as much time baking and cooking as Armandeus did, cleaning became a staple. He had heard Ryan go out to the bar, though when minutes passed without her returning he decided to have a look. Standing, he pulled off the thick rubber gloves he had been wearing and opened the door just in time to hear someone ask for soup.

Stepping out into the doorway, he gave a brief glance to the two sitting at the bar before looking at De'Ryanna. "Customers for the kitchen?"
Armandeus
Armandeus

Number of posts : 179

Back to top Go down

Post by Ailylaeli Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:40 am

And life springs fourth.

Ailylaeli saw first a woman come and ask her what could she get for her. And she was a rather lovely woman at that. Her voice conveyed that she meant no harm. Over time, Ailylaeli had learned to listen for certain things in voices. Certain tones, words, pitches. All of those things and more conveyed a persons intentions ... Most of the time. She had met some who could fool her ear, and probably would again.

But the matter at hand was what could the woman get for her. She looked at the woman for what seemed like an eternity. She wasn't exactly sure how to answer her. She knew she was not a paying customer. Back at the circus, and even before with her human 'family', she was not allowed to eat the things that the paying customers or friends of the family were allowed to eat. Bottom of the pot remnants with bread and water. That was what she was allowed.

And she was just about to order that when ...

The man walked up to the bar and sat down. He excused himself into the conversation. Manners was something she was not used to yet. Especially from males. Her first day of freedom was becoming quite interesting. So this man who entered placed an order for some food and a drink. He looked as though he was a paying guest of this Inn.

The woman who had come to talk to her addressed the man in kind. She was polite and served him his drink. Even exchanged pleasantries with him. And just when Ailylaeli was about to ask for her meal, another person came into the area. He came from the same area as the woman had. Asking about customers for the kitchen.

Could ones eyes be so deceitful?

This newcomer to the scene was an elf? There were others of her kind here? Oh happy day. Ailylaeli was shocked, and happy. She had found another elf. Or had he found her? Either way, there was another elf. She had not seen another elf in so long that she didn't even know how to communicate with one anymore. She definitely had no memory of the language.

So now that people were through entering the area, at least she hoped they were, maybe she could order.
"As I am not a paying customer, and miss Epiphany said I can earn my keep, I will have what ever is left in the cooking pot. And some bread and water."
She asked for what she was used to getting because of her station in life. She would have no idea that she would be allowed anything more.

She was just happy to be safe ... She was safe, right?
Ailylaeli
Ailylaeli

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:47 pm

Perhaps she had heard the lady wrong, but that was something she surely doubted. She was just asked to serve something that was left over, bread and water. Even when she was a Novice in the White Tower she didn't have to eat scraps - which is what was being implied for a meal - and that simply could not be allowed.

"Earning your keep is the same as paying," producing a large bowl from under the bar as she spoke. It was a serving bowl, the type expected hold quite a few items. While she was in the process of arranging fruit inside of it, Armandeus came from inside the kitchen and he was greeted with a very warm smile.

"Hello Armandeus," a very friendly and informal tone was used when talking to him. Clearly he was more than simply a person she was friends with. "There are two orders of Chicken Noodle soup to be had for our guest, please."

Yes, she ha included a bowl of soup for the lay as well. She looked back at her with a smile and set the bowl of fruit between her and Cadmon. "Since you have no preference, and since Cadmon has already ordered soup, you shall have some as well. We take the same care of our help as we do for those who come here with money to spare. As long as you are not ordering to be wasteful it is not a problem. What is your name so that we may know who it is we are serving." The last should have been a question, but it wasn't.

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by Armandeus Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:59 am

There was one thing that was never served from Armandeus' kitchen and that was leftovers. Anything that happened to be left from the day's meals were gathered and then taken to the lower part of New Haven and given to the poor. The Elf believed that all should be given a warm meal, whether they could pay for it or not.

"Two orders of chicken noodle soup," He repeated, looking towards his customers. "Would you like anything else? We have bread fresh from the oven and jam. A moment was taken to look back at De'Ryanna while they decided. "Would you like some as well?"

Last edited by Armandeus on Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Armandeus
Armandeus

Back to top Go down

Post by Cadmon Lennan Dewayne Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:54 pm

Cad smiled. De'Ryanna had made a joke. It was funny, was it that way on purpose? "Yes, jeans, a t-shirt, and even my boots. Do you like this view better?" He laughed a little. He remembered their first meeting very vividly. He had embarrassed her that morning. Perhaps now that some time had passed she could look back on it and laugh, or at least smile.

He took a drink of his Orange Juice and smiled. "It tastes good, thank you. And Tasha, that's her name right? The littlest red-head on the third floor, the healer? Yea, she said because my body wasn't used to the weather changes in Rhy'Din that I got sick. Bronchial Pneumonia. That's why I've been bed ridden. But this weekend was when I was allowed to get out of bed again. Plus, I had no idea who was still here with that ball being yesterday, so I figured I would have to come down and see about food myself."

He couldn't believe that the lady had asked for leftovers either. But he was glad to see that they were trying to make her feel more welcome. The man who came from the kitchen was someone Cad did not remember meeting before. But evidently he was the man in charge of the kitchen. De'Ryanna told the man that there were two orders of soup. She also said his name. Armandeus. Cad didn't want to be rude, so it was time to introduce himself.

Now how exactly did she pronounce his name? "Hello Armandeus. My name is Cadmon, you can call me Cad. Nice to meet you sir." If the elf would come close Cad would extend a hand to him for a proper hand shake. It was nice to see faces other than Tasha and those guys that had been checking in on him, bringing him his meals and such. He hadn't seen anyone else since Christmas. And here it was the fifteenth of February.

Maybe the lady beside him was speechless. She sure wasn't saying much. But when they were offered fresh bread and jam, Cad defiantly wished he could. "Um, thanks for the offer. But I haven't been cleared for solid foods yet. I have to talk to Tasha again in a couple of days to see if I can have solids again. But thanks again." He took another drink of his juice.

He then turned his attention to the lovely and smiled. "Cadmon, er Cad. Welcome." He offered her his hand as well. He liked it here at this Inn. That was why he hadn't moved on yet. But he remembered something last minute. "Oh, De'Ryanna, I did get my money exchanged, When am I supposed to start paying some of my bill?" He would have called her dear or something along those lines, but she didn't seem to like it when she was addressed that way.
Cadmon Lennan Dewayne
Cadmon Lennan Dewayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Armandeus Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:40 pm

"The changes of the weather can be quite hard to take, especially if you are not used to it." Of that Armandeus had experience, for after two years he still had not fully adapted to the weather.

"Well met Cad," The Elf had moved in closer to shake his hand. "You can call me Ar. I am sorry to hear that you cannot yet have solid foods. When you are able come find me and I will cook whatever you would like."

Since Cad could not eat solid foods, and the nameless woman appeared to still be deciding, it was time to start cooking. Going back to the door, he paused there a second with a look at De'Ryanna. "When you and the lady have decided, let me know." An impish grin and he was gone into the kitchen.
Armandeus
Armandeus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ailylaeli Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:49 pm

Earning your keep is the same as paying ...

Had Ailylaeli heard the woman right? She was going to be treated as an equal to those who payed for their right to stay here. She had never heard such a thing before. She was quite thrilled. "My name is Ailylaeli." Careful thought given before she spoke again. "And you are De'Ryanna? He is Armandeus? And Cad?" She reached over and shook his hand. She had seen it done before.

She had been speechless for a moment. She was already being treated better than she ever had before, and she hadn't even began working yet. This was definitely new for her. She liked it though. "And soup sounds lovely. Thank you." She couldn't help but smile. Here she was getting a hot meal, and was meeting new people. Oh, had she remembered to ask for a cold drink?

There was more?

The other elf, Armandeus, had offered fresh baked bread and jam. She had never tasted fresh bread before. And she doubted that the jam here would be green and furry. "Could I have some of the bread and jam? Is there a chance that there is apricot-pineapple jam?" She had been given some of that once, and it was good.

This place had possibilities. Already she had been offered a chance to gain knowledge. Doctor Donald Blake said he would teach her to read. She was not going to be made to eat leftovers and such. She was going to be able to earn her keep. She was being welcomed by guests and employee's alike. And what was this? "There are healers here as well as a Doctor?" She preferred a healer to a Doctor any day. They seemed to make her more comfortable.

Had she actually found a place she could call home?
Ailylaeli
Ailylaeli

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:34 pm

Cadmon had not be cleared yet for solids and yet he had ordered soup? Perhaps soup was preferable over broth as long as it was not a thick soup. She would have to tell Armandeus to thin the soup in one of the bowls. She would get to Cadmon's comment about clothes in a moment. First she would greet the lady elf since she had given her name.

"Pleasure, Ailylaeli." De'Ryanna had a way with words, or names to be more accurate. They were hardly ever mispronounced and often rolled well from her tongue. "I will be sure to ask Armandeus if there is any of that particular jam."

As she was done with the fruit she set the bowl out for them to have and now she would comment on Cadmon's attire. "There is a lot more to be desired, Cadmon, when one is clothed than when they are otherwise. Yes. This view is better."

Now a glass of water was poured and placed before Ailyaeli.

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by Cadmon Lennan Dewayne Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:53 am

Cad smiled at De'Ryanna's comment. "Glad you approve." He took another long drink of his juice and set the glass back upon the counter. "May I have a refill before switching to water for the day, please?" Despite the type of things Cad did with his personal life, the man was raised with impeccable manners. He even remembered to use them sometimes.

He again turned his attention to the lovely off to his side. "So ... Ailylaeli is it? I take it that you are new to these parts? Perhaps I can show you around some time." Despite the fact that he never did get around to going shopping with Vesta and Nephalie in New Haven, he had ventured out. He had seen some things in town and thought it would be nice to escort a lady around town.

He had heard her mention that she was working here now because she couldn't pay her own way. He didn't think she would take charity, and he would never try to insult her by trying. But maybe if they took a trip into town together, he could convince her to let him spend some money on her. Buy her some clothes and personal supplies or something. He would figure it out, and he was pretty sure that after a couple of days working she would be able to take a day off. He just felt the need to help. It was this place.
Cadmon Lennan Dewayne
Cadmon Lennan Dewayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Ailylaeli Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:40 pm

What a delicious thought.

Ailylaeli was thrilled to hear that De'Ryanna was going to ask about the jam. She really did like it. Though if it was not available. " If not, I will take what ever is available. I am sure that whatever it is it will be good." After all, they had already said they would treat her as an equal. And she had to start trusting people somewhere, some time. And because this was a new start for her, what better place to start trusting.

But sometimes, trust had to be earned. Cadmon asked her if she wanted him to show her around. He had just discussed being naked around De'Ryanna. Ailylaeli wasn't sure she was ready to be alone with someone who was so quick to get naked around others. "Well, I'm not sure. I would have to start working and see if I could get the time off first." That was a good reason, right? Not rude, just a reason. But if it were a group of people.

Maybe she would make some more friends.
Ailylaeli
Ailylaeli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down