Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Rattlin' the Forge

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Rattlin' the Forge Empty Rattlin' the Forge

Post by Vesta Voui Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:01 pm

“Yeah, I know you’d be bored without me but it’s not like I’m to the Mall or the store, I’m going to a place where there’s fire and brimstone, and a big guy who’s going to make me ache.”

Blink. Blink.

“Pft. No.” She laughed off the idea as preposterous. “I’m not going to Hell.” Not like that anyway.

Vesta was having a conversation with Blink the Squirrel as the pair of them made their way through the town of New Haven. Maybe it was more like a one-sided argument since she was the one doing all the talking and he was the one doing all the blinking. He did a lot of blinking, and she did a lot of everything else, and right now he was doing a lot of blinking in presenting his case on why he should go to the forge with her. His main argument being that he’d be bored without her all day. He had a point, even if it was a small one.

Talking to him was one of the easiest things to do. Like now. She could have a conversation with him and still rock out to tunes on her player that were delivered through the buds in her ear. She hardly had to take them off! He blinked. She understood. She answered. In fact, talking to him was so easy that she couldn’t understand why no one else seemed to understand what he was saying and they looked at her like she had two heads that were easing ooze when she interpreted for him. Heh. Them.

Anyway. She really didn’t know what to except when she finally got to the forge, but hey, what was the point in anything if you always knew what was going down? Boring. Boring. So totally not her; and besides, not only was she touting a blinking squirrel and had drum beats blaring out of her ears (they could be heard in a muffled type of way), but she had information stuffed down in the plaid pockets and patches of her green chemically dyed jeans.

Was there a note on the door? Were they closed? Well, wouldn’t be just like her to come on day that it was closed? Hmm. The buds were plucked from her ears and left to hang from their wires down around her neck; the earlier drum beats where accompanied with guitar riffs and some guy singing lead. Blink bounced from her shoulders to her head in effort to avoid the hammering tune. Vesta put her hands behind her head – careful of Blink of course – and arched her back.

Signs. Like she was going to let a sign keep her out! Not today. Stretching her arms out wide she grabbed the handles on the door and, what else, she started yanking away at the door! Making a loud hullabaloo about it. If someone was inside they were sure to hear it right?

Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Number of posts : 316

Back to top Go down

Rattlin' the Forge Empty Re: Rattlin' the Forge

Post by Madeline Cauthon Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:43 am

Madeline had been inside getting ready to open when Vesta came in. "Hello Vesta. Nice to see you."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Number of posts : 1173

http://madelinecauthon.webstarts.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:05 pm

All that hemming and hawing with the pulling on the handle actually did something, well whatdayaknow. Not like the door was the most easiest thing in the world to open - not like she expected it to be, but then again, who in their right mind would want to break into a forge that had a Dracon as the owner? Loonies. That's who. Vesta was not a looney. The only reason she was probably able to open the door in the first place is because someone was inside. That someone happened to be . . .

"Madeline! Damn." Letting go of the door and making a rather elaborate stretch, tickling Blink when her hands stretched above her head. A quick puff of air and her arms swung down and she started over to the girl. "How long have I been gone? You've grown."

Well she had! She could have sworn that last time she had seen Madeline the girl was, well, a girl! Young and sweet looking with that mask of innocent flare. Now . . . She wouldn't be surprised if this place had type of odd age thing going on where you could go to sleep a toddler and wake up in your early twenties.

Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:20 pm

Maddie gladly hugged Vista back. She giggled, she keeps forgetting alot of people haven't seen her in years. She smiled. "It has been awhile hasn't. I've been gone for like nine years I think. LOL a little too long. But you, haven't changed a bit. You look great!!!"
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:04 pm

Yeah he had heard the rattling. Surprisingly, what with construction going on next door and everything. Needless to say he was not in the best of moods. He had not slept much and that showed to.

So up the stairs he came a storming. He heard Maddie talking to someone. Now it was a case of curiosity. He still stormed up the stairs, but stopped when he saw Vesta and Maddie.

"Guess you rather try your luck at getting all hot and sweaty with me again Vesta," was all he said.
Beastie
Beastie

Number of posts : 1596

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:26 am

Maddie raised an eyebrow at Dre's comment. Then looked at Vesta. "Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:04 pm

Nine years? Was she serious? Now, Vesta knew that she hadn't been gone for nine years - even if that tour was the longest three hours she had ever spent - not to mention the other people she saw were the same age! So what was the only reasonable explanation? Time Warp! Some freakishly inter-dimensional, through-the-wardrobe-to-Narnia, where one minute equals a week, time warp. Think about it and the whole thing will make sense.

There was no point in trying to make too much logical sense from a world that tended to stuff that in the closet with Reason and tell it to hush up. Find the missing logic, that was sure to be an undertaking.

For his part, Blink the Squirrel bounced around and blinked his eyes - his way of asking for attention - to Madeline as the hug was given. "Check it out, this is my squirrel, name's Blink." She leaned in to Madeline there, hand placed against the side of her mouth as she whispered, "He doesn't talk." Like it was a big important thing that Madeline had to know so she wouldn't be in shock.

Just as she leaned back up that's when she saw Dre come walking into the scene. "Dre!" Vesta said as she clapped her hands together and opened her arms wide, stepping from Madeline and making a few steps in his general direction.

What was that? Madeline was implying that he was in a grumpy mood? He was? Could have fooled her, he looked downright Dre to her, but then again, what did she know? She didn't know his moods and fits. Still. He looked fine to her, even if Blink had decide to take refugee as a curled ball against her shoulder.

"What's shakin' my man! You know we got a lot of business down there in town? " taking up her signature pose of hands folded behind her head. "Those officers in town are needing some new digs."
Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:26 pm

He looked at Maddie and gave a glare. "Do we need another arse beating young lady? It is hard to get out of the wrong side of bed, when one is not there int he first place. Remember that when you open your own place and having a house built."

He then looked at Vesta, and smiled. "New digs eh? So shacking them all at your place? That why you skipped out on me? Or maybe decided the heat was to much and you could not handle it?"

He chuckled and then noticed the squirrel, he had to have more fun. "Well at least you brought lunch this time."

He smiled a smiled that would shake many people to their very core. His teeth flashing in the light of the offices. His scaly lips peeled back, drooling a little. He then says, "So what brings you here? Besides bringing a lunch."
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:34 pm

Maddie was in no mood for Dre's bad mood, she had enough on her mind, and his bad mood wasn't helping. She returned his glare with her own. "No I don't!! I have enough on my plate with out you warming the back end of it."
She turned back to Vesta. "Nice to see you again Vesta, let me get back to work, before scaley here losses his cool."
With that Maddie went back to going over the inventory and checking on reciepts and what not. Too bad she couldn't use a little magic to get some of this stuff done, but she had a feeling Dre would skin her.
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:07 am

He looked at Maddie and sighed, a talon reaching up to finger the necklace he had given her. He smiled as an idea hit him and he sent her a mental link. ~Maddie hun. Take the rest of the day off with pay. Okay? I will catch up the inventory. Just go do something fun. Promise?~

With that he turned back to Vesta and waited to see what was going on.
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:11 am

Maddie liked the idea, but she needed to keep herself distracted. She returned the link. ~Dre, I appericate the offer, but I really need the work, plus I kind of need some advice when you have a free moment. I'll even work for free.~
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:14 am

He shook his head. ~No free working. Am not a slave driver. You work. You get paid. But if you really want to work, go ahead. Just make it easy on yourself okay. use magick if you wish and you know I will give you all the advice I can.~

By this time he was reaching a hand for the squirrel with a "Yum" escaping him.
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:21 am

Maddie simply gave him a simple smile to say thank you. Then went in the back to the storage room and preceeded to organize everything in the intire room with a motion of her hands. It was good practice for what she had learned to do in Avalon, and it also kept her mind off her Dad.
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:44 pm

You think that squirrel was just going to sit there like it's head was full of fluff. Nosireebob! This squirrel had gone a-blinking and a-moving all around Vesta, causing her to get slightly off of balance and even spin around a bit as she tried to capture the panicked animal. This is why she hadn't noticed Madeline leaving. It's hard to notice much of anything while being used as a climbing board.

A bit of skill, a bit of work, and she caught the critter, just in time to see it bulking at Dre's massive hand that was coming for it. "Whoa, hey, yo! Slow your roll man." Backing away with the squirrel. "This little critter isn't food, he's my friend. I told him not to come around." Pretty confident Dre wasn't going to eat the small animal. Hopefully. Anyway she stuffed him down the front of her shirt, no shame there and it gave her room to play with her hands.

"No shacking up with anyone for me, but when I got back from an insanely long tour I nosed around and saw all the things we can do. So!" She rubbed her hands together. "Let's start some action! I'm ready. Or we can go and scope out the patrols and all that first, tell 'em what we can do for them."

She still didn't see why Madeline thought Dre was in a bad mood. Maybe he just wasn't a morning person but it's not like he was tromping around burning down villages and eating small babies.

Squirrels maybe, but not babies.
Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:33 am

Getting the inventory took no time in the stock room once she got everything in place. She decided to take Dre's advice. She sent Dre a mental link as she left out the back. ~Dre I'm gonna take your advice. I have some things I need to work out in my head. Thanks for understanding.~
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:06 pm

He got Maddie's link and nodded slightly, sending one back ~Alright hun. Just be safe. ~

He looked at Vesta and nodded. "I figured he was not food, but could not resist you know. Have to have some fun somehow."

His eyes went a little wide as she stuffed it down her shirt, thinking was better then down somewhere else. he shook his head at that and chuckled. But moved his hand back, so the wrong impression was not given. You know whole opening of shirt and a male hand right there.

"So whats your plan Vesta? Lay it out for me."
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:06 pm

That's right, she stuffed the squirrel right down her shirt and he couldn't look happier to be all settled in nice and cozy like between the breast. As long as he didn't start clawing and biting it was going to be alright. Blink felt comfortable enough where he was that he even seemed to smile at Dre! What do you know.

"So!" He told her to lay the plan on him, but she didn't have a physical plan but the point was still taken. "We do an exhibition. Weathers getting warm, we take a handful of weapons, go into town and put on a show, especially for the guard people. It'll be great!" Yeah she had this all in her head and seeing it played out like one of those medieval festivals her brother was always yapping to her about.

Vesta had been making her way over to the big dragon (Dracon?) and gave him a wink. Now she wasn't so laid back to think that she could bump hips with a guy as big as he was - she had seen him when he was angry and rip roaring through a tavern and needless to say she was still a bit wary - but she could wink. Winks were harmless right?

"Get the name out there, and show everyone your wicked blades."

Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:11 pm

"That sounds like a good idea Vesta." He nodded as he thought it over, pacing a little as he thought. "Might be able to call on some of our friends here at the inn. Hmmm, this could work."

He looked at Vesta and grinned, "Am I to assume you like your job back?" He chuckled and winked at her.
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:43 pm

If there would have been a seat, she may have sat down. However, even if there was a seat she wasn’t going to simply sit down in the chair and act all casual like if a seat hadn’t been offered to her. Okay. Well, she would. But this was the Boss-Man! Vesta wasn’t about to sit down and stretch out somewhere (chair, table, ect.) and not pay attention. She was pitching an idea – one that he seemed to like – and for all she could tell it was a go!

Her friend, Blink, was starting to get a bit too comfy there in her shirt for he started wriggling around and swishing that tail inside her shirt and boy did it threaten to make her laugh! She began to snicker and before she could answer his question she gave a quick thump to her chest to try and get Blink to stop moving.

Then, with a self-conscious grin, she gave Dre a two-finger salute. “Vesta Voui, reporting for duty.” Blink popped his head out from her shirt and gave a few blinks to the man in charge. “Oh and, uh, Blink too.” Might as well right?

And just in case he was a straight up talking guy, she added: “I’d like my job back.” Then her hand lowered from its salute.

Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:18 pm

He looked at her. "Good." He watched her snicker, "You want help getting your squirrel?"

He went on as if that could not be taken any other way. "Here is what we need to do. Need to get some fighters that are willing to try things. Need you also to need to poll people as to what they need and all that. Good thing you have Maddie and Kyra to help.

"Get with them and work up some ideas. Tell me what needs to be made and who all you have fighting. I want good fighters. This has to be good or else we will all be without a job."

He looked at her to make sure she got his meaning.
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:01 pm

-Katyana had been rather dejected by some other incidents that have occurred but she was asked to go by and see if Dre was ok since he has not been to the Castle in a while. She was given directions to his forge by someone close to him. She walked in the door of the forge and looked around. If someone was there that did not know her they would see an elven woman that appeared to be 25 years of age with long black hair wearing a green top with black pants and boots. Her ears held silver looped ear drops and a silver necklace was placed around her neck. She stood in the forge looking around to see what type of place Dre had and what he got himself into here.-

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:49 pm

Maddie saw the young woman walking around the forge. "Hello, may I help you?"
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:32 pm

He had been in with Vesta, planning. Though he knew some of his employees would so get the wrong idea. He chuckled at that thought. The price one paid for hiring all women.

He had a smile plastered on his scaly snout as he was thinking about that. He heard Maddie's voice and looked up to see who she was speaking to. He stopped dead. "Kitty Kat?"
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:58 pm

-Katyana looked to the woman who spoke to her and with an even tone and no hint of any emotions coming from her.-

I am not sure if you can or not. I have heard this forge belongs to one named Dreconis. If that is the truth then I am wishing to speak to him please.

-She would not speak his full name as it was not for her to tell it but given the name she did that should be plenty for this woman to tell her if he was here or not. She stood there watching her and waiting to see if he was around here.-

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:05 am

Maddie smiled seeing Dre out of the corner of her eye. "Oh you mean tall dragon looking thing, big mouth, but a teddy bear at heart. If that's you are looking for her, he's right over ther."Maddie pointed to Dre.
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next