Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Thinking on things

2 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Thinking on things - Page 2 Empty Re: Thinking on things

Post by Epiphany Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:32 pm

Thinking about it, she had just asked Casandra to walk around naked in her room. Luckily for the both of them that Epiphany was not into females and therefore she had thought nothing of what she said at all.

Since Casandra was ready, so was she. All her tools were out and she was ready to go. Epiphany took up a black sheet and stretched it between two light fixtures. The light causing a nice illuminating effect on the sheet. It, of course, gathered on the ground.

"Stand over there. Pick the pose you would like; use the colors I gave you to cover.. whatever you want to cover." Leaving that up to her. She got an easel and a pad.
Epiphany
Epiphany

Number of posts : 615

http://www.bebo.com/iastepiphany

Back to top Go down

Post by Casandra Lightheart Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:51 pm

She moved to the black sheet and stood infront of it. First thing she did was take the braid out of her hair and shake it lose, she had braided it while it was wet so it was wavey.

She turned so her back was to Epiphany, sligtly sideways the cloth clutched to her chest covering her front except the side of one breast, from the back she was compleatly exsposed.

Standing strait she moved her arm up like she was running her hand through her hair, it blocked her face but put a slight arch in her back.

"How's this?"
Casandra Lightheart
Casandra Lightheart

Number of posts : 1130

Back to top Go down

Post by Epiphany Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:48 pm

Everything was set up on her end and ready to go! For this project she was going to use a few different mediums but, to start off the sketching, what better than her good ole charcoal pencil? Epiphany looked past her easel and to Casandra and how she was posed. Scrunching up her nose she approached the other and fanned out the cloths, moving them here and there and adjusting the way they fell.

"That's good. Can you hold that pose for several hours?"
She chuckled. "Just kidding. Once I get the basic sketch down you'll be able to move." Hopefully Casandra didn't mind her fiddling with her. It was al for sake of the picture. "And tip your chin up just a lil bit more... good."

She headed back to the canvas. "So you get weak when you do magical healing?" Didn't she jump from one thing to the next.
Epiphany
Epiphany

Back to top Go down

Post by Casandra Lightheart Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:01 pm

"I could stand this way for several hours if I had to. "

She did not mind her messing with the cloth the look on her face said she was trying to get her situated just right for the pose. She tiltes her chin up just a bit when she was asked to.

She stood perfectly still as she answered the question.

"I pass out from exhaustion sometimes."
Casandra Lightheart
Casandra Lightheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Epiphany Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:24 pm

For a moment or two all Casandra would hear is the *shuck, schoop* of the pencil making long lines on the canvas. "Is that because you're working on healing something really big....?" She looked past the canvas and at her before hiding her face behind the work once more.

"When I first started, I use to get weak ' energy drain' you know? But as I learned more, that doesn't happen."

Epiphany
Epiphany

Back to top Go down

Post by Casandra Lightheart Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:32 pm

"I always get tiers when using magic for healing but yes it is when healing something that requiers a lot of repair that I passout."

She thought about it for a moment.

"Last time was when rebuilding Venis jaw it had been shattered."
Casandra Lightheart
Casandra Lightheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Epiphany Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:52 pm

Epiphany thought about what Casandra said for a moment. "People do healing in a different way but... How do you do it? Sometimes, if you're getting tired, its because it's taking a lot of effort to do the task. Because it's something you don't know how to do, or can't do well."

Thinking about how that sounded she paused as she looked at the sketch. The basics were coming right along, she already had the lines. "It's like... I can sew, I make costumes and alter many of the things that I get, but I'm not a great sewer. So it will wear me out quicker doing something that a great sewer can do without any trouble at all. Practice and learning more can help you out. I got some anatomy books you can borrow. The Nuns made sure I knew the human anatomy inside and out. I can practically draw it in my sleep. That really helped."
Epiphany
Epiphany

Back to top Go down

Post by Casandra Lightheart Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:07 pm

"I concentrate when someone is broken I can see it when I close my eyes and then I just fix it I see the ingery being repaired and it just happens."

She closed her eyes then reopened them letting out a breath she had been holding.

"I am told I glow when I heal, I have never seen it I can't heal without keeping my eyes closed, I can't see the ingery unless I block out all else."

She smiled.

"You may be right, maybe I do need more practice, and you can never have to much knowledge where anatomy is concerned, I would like the loan of the books."
Casandra Lightheart
Casandra Lightheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Epiphany Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:06 pm

"We're not, ah, too different," Epiphany was concentrating on Casandra's face, glancing from her sketch to the real thing on and off. "I go through, layer by layer of what's damaged and replace it. Broken rib," she gave a slight shrug. "I create a new one. That's probably the easiest way I can explain it." Talking about how she did what she did was nerve wracking, it was a good thing she was drawing.

"It use to exhaust me because I knew how things worked, but I didn't. There are so many things that have to be connected. It's not as simple as swapping out a light bulb. Have to reconnect the tissue, the vessels, all so that they work together. Create everything that's missing. But then there's Healing and Mending and I'm ranting."

Didn't take her long to sketch - that's why it was called a sketch - and soon she was standing back from it and looking through her colors. To anyone looking the canvas had a lot of lines. The picture looked like an elaborate stick drawing. Ah the beginning stages. "You can relax if you wanted."
Epiphany
Epiphany

Back to top Go down

Post by Casandra Lightheart Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:44 pm

"See I can't replace it just repair it, I can see what it is suposed to be like and then I just concentrate on making it go back to how it is suposed to be."

She thought.

"You may be right as much training as I have, maybe I get so tierd because I just can't picture it right."

Relax she did she used the cloth to wrap around herself like a sheet and sat in a chair.
Casandra Lightheart
Casandra Lightheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Epiphany Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:04 pm

Epiphany wondered if she had anything to offer Casandra in terms of a snack. Since she was always raiding the kitchen anyway she wasn't sure if she did or not. She felt a bit odd having someone there and not having something to offer. For a while she didn't say anything. Simply worked with her colors, humming a soft tune.

"Sometimes it's all in how you look at something. We get so use to doing things one way that we don't think of the alternative." She said when she started speaking again. "Use to be bad for me and I hated studying and I had learned all about the human body when I was younger. I thought I knew all I needed to know. Different teachers and things can teach the same thing in a whole different way."

"Would you like something to drink?"

Epiphany
Epiphany

Back to top Go down

Post by Casandra Lightheart Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:14 am

She thought for a few moments listening to her and nodding once in a while.

"Have you ever taught anyone anatomy?"

She was good at learning from reading but there was something to be said for having someone there to quiz you when you finished a chapter in a book, it helped you retain the knowledge better.

"Juice if you have some if not just some water."
Casandra Lightheart
Casandra Lightheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Epiphany Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:42 pm

Since Casandra did want something she stopped what she was doing and put her colors away. That done she brushed her hands on the side of her pants - yes, Epiphany was very clean, the action left a slight color of red and yellow charcoal on her pants. "I have Sunshine. It's really orange juice mixed with fizzywater and something special. Taste really good though."

Epiphany spoke as she crossed the room and started heading behind Casandra. Where was she going? There wasn't anything in the room? Ah but there was. Like it had always been there was a small kitchenette with a bar and two stools for sitting. It looked like it had risen out of the floor for the counter top was the same color, and make as the floor, as were the stools. The cabinets looked like the walls. Perhaps it had always been there but merely blended in with everything?

Pulling out a glass she set it on the bar and then to the fridge she pulled out the glass pitcher. Inside the picture was the yellow colored drink. Ice cubes were in it as well as orange slices. She poured a glass for Casandra and left the pitcher and glass on the bar top. "There you are. And no, I haven't really taught anyone anatomy." She taught the kids in the Orphange, but that was different. "Though I have taught classes in alchemy and a few classes for the Healer's group at my old place."

Before she went back to work, she had a thought and pulled out a fruit bowl from the fridge. Apples, oranges, banana, and grapes.
Epiphany
Epiphany

Back to top Go down

Post by Casandra Lightheart Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:12 pm

"That sounds wonderful."

She turned around and blinked she knew that the kitchen area had not been there moments before. She just accepted it and smiled as she followed her over to the bar and sat on one of the stools.

She picked up the glass and drained it she was more thirsty then she thought she was.

"This is good."

She smiled and poured herself another glass and picked up an apple.

"I taught classes in The Rose when I led the healers and priests."
Casandra Lightheart
Casandra Lightheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Epiphany Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:40 pm

Sometimes it was best to simply accept things, other times it was good to ask questions. The Rose must have been the group she use to belong too, guild or organization. From what she had observed around the Inn many of them use to belong to it at some point or another.

Epiphany continued to talk as she worked. "Have as much as you like. I can always make more." She smiled and looked at the area where Casandra had posed before nodding. "Anything specific that you specialized in? Sometimes organizations mainly focus, health wise, on things to help their membership. Like.. if the majority of the members are Elfs there'd be more focus on Elven medicine. "

Epiphany
Epiphany

Back to top Go down

Post by Casandra Lightheart Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:34 pm

"Herbs and non magical healing. We had a very diverse group of people so I learned a little of everything and specialized in nothing for healing. As for as my duties as a priestess I learned a lot I performed many marriages and a couple of baby dedications, one funeral, and a bunch of mediation."
Casandra Lightheart
Casandra Lightheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Epiphany Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:25 pm

"And, therefore, you never really worked with your talent." a slight pause. "Not that you had to on you fellow guild-mates, but outside of that." She could have, Epiphany didn't know. It was more of trying to find out.

Done with the colored pencils she took up the charcoal and started on the picture.

Epiphany
Epiphany

Back to top Go down

Post by Casandra Lightheart Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:12 am

"Oh I have used it several times outside the guild but it always has the same results, I get physicly exauseted and sometimes pass out."

She watched her as she worked but not looking at the picture she would see it when it was finished and not before.
Casandra Lightheart
Casandra Lightheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Epiphany Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:09 pm

It was a bit before Epiphany said anything again for she was busy with the painting for Casandra. Though she didn't say anything she hummed a tone to herself. It was light and had a bit of a mysterious aire about it, or could be related to something someone heard during a mystery. Perhaps it helped her concentrate while working. Whatever it was, it had her caught up in what she was doing, the movements of her arm and hand as she worked were very fluid, like the tone.

"And. Then. We. Are. Done."
She said finally, each of those words holding there own for a moment. When she was done, the last creation tool put down and her hands brushed against her pant leg, she stepped back from it and smiled, tipping her head to the side. "Course you have to let it dry for a few hours."

The overall tone of the picture held that bit of mystery that Epiphany had been humming about. Besides, it was a picture of Casandra partially revealing herself, leaving the rest of it 'a mystery'.
Epiphany
Epiphany

Back to top Go down

Post by Casandra Lightheart Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:17 am

Cas listened to the humming and smiled as she redressed and then closed her eyes listening to the tune, mysterious, haunting, and beautiful.

She heard her words and moved over to the picture and looked at it.

"It is beautiful."

She smiled up at her and looked back down at the picture.

"He is going to love this, can I come get it tomorrow?"
Casandra Lightheart
Casandra Lightheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Epiphany Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:43 pm

Hearing Casandra's request Epiphany simply nodded as she started to put her creation pieces away. "Sure. Anytime tomorrow would be fine. Ah," she paused a moment. "Just, ah, knock on the door and ask it for me." Yes, she was telling her to ask the door.

"I'll be around then to open the door." She hoped. Though knowing that Casandra was going to pick up the painting, Epiphany wasn't going to go very far.

Epiphany
Epiphany

Back to top Go down

Post by Casandra Lightheart Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:53 pm

She smiled as she headed for the door.

"Knock on the door and ask the door for you. I think I can handle that."

She turned back to Pip.

"The picture is beautiful, I can't thank you enough, when you decide what you want for the commision let me know."
Casandra Lightheart
Casandra Lightheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Epiphany Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:41 pm

"You got it." Casandra had it down and Epiphany moved to open the door for her - wouldn't want her to open it and walk into some strange place.

She drummed the door, turned the knob and low-and-behold, it opened to the Inn's hallway on the second floor.

"Take care now, and I'll think about it. Don't hold your breath though."
she still had no clue.

Epiphany
Epiphany

Back to top Go down

Post by Casandra Lightheart Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:26 am

She arrived the next day with a large piece of green silk cloth and a special wooden crate for the picture. She knocked on the door.

"I need to see Epiphany please."

And she waited.
Casandra Lightheart
Casandra Lightheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Epiphany Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:56 pm

From within the door there would a rustling sound. It wasn't coming from behind the door, as in from within the room, but more like inside the door itself. Then the rustling noise grew louder, kind of sounding like a squirrel, until it reached the top of the door.

At the top of the door - nearly at the ceiling - a small section of the wood parted. It had to be more more than 3x2 inches. If Casandra was looking up she may catch two pen-size balls of silver, maybe eyes, looking out from the opening.

"And you are?" The voice that came from it was high pitched.
Epiphany
Epiphany

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next