Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

At the forge, looking for Dreconis (open)

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

At the forge, looking for Dreconis (open) - Page 2 Empty Re: At the forge, looking for Dreconis (open)

Post by Beastie Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:45 am

He nodded it was enough. "Aye."

He handed the weapon back to her, hilt first.

"The blade seems as pristine as day it came out of the forge, so I know you do not need it repaired. Which means you are not here for weapons. Maybe you needed someone to argue with?"

He looked at her, yeah he remembered now and it hit hard. "So what it is Airtia that brought you here? What is it that made you once more use the word Sister?"

he had a guess, from that brief stint in the Meeting Hall of the Inn, but said nothing. Their had to be a reason and he was gonna find out what.
Beastie
Beastie

Number of posts : 1596

Back to top Go down

At the forge, looking for Dreconis (open) - Page 2 Empty Re: At the forge, looking for Dreconis (open)

Post by Airtia S. Cauthon Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:32 am

"Would you prefer that I call ye by another name?"

Now that he was assured of who she was there was no reason to have her guard up, and therefore she relaxed. If only a little. Airtia took the sword and placed it back in its sheath before leaving her sword belt there on the floor she walked around to the desk. Back against it she pushed down on the top with her hands and jumped up, now sitting on the desk. He hadn't offered her a place to sit but didn't think that he would mind.

Crossing her right leg over her left knee she smiled at him. "Why I'm here can be a hard question tae answer. There are many reasons but, one o the reasons why I am right here, right now, tis that I knew ye were back. "

A pause in her speech as she looked to see how he would take what she said. "I did nae come here with intentions on starting a fight with ye. Though that always seems tae happen doesn't it? I'll say something, ye'll get upset, I'll push, keep pushing, and then we'll go off in fury."

She swung her legs slightly back and forth. "We did nae end very well did we? We should commit that tae the past and forgive fer this is a new time and it has been many years since I ave seen ye. We were very close before. Let us strive fer that again."
Airtia S. Cauthon
Airtia S. Cauthon

Number of posts : 185

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:40 pm

"If you still call yourself my sister, then that is what you are. we are bound by the Blade more then anything else. We always did seem to Dance better then anything else."

He looked at her. Really looked at her for the first time. He nodded, "And I see you are staying in Dancing shape."

"Why is it hard to answer? Aye I am back, starting again. Forge and all. It is what i do and the only of three loves I can do safely. I think I have a good crew working for me. "

He nodded at the comment about intentions. "That I believe. I honestly believe that this time you are not here to start a Dance. But still why? And not end very well. You thought it was the Apocalypse. I saw doom sayers saying the 'End is Here'. But you are right. it is a new time, and the past is that the past. It is good to see you again. Now how can I help you?"

He smirked, "Yes sister dear I know you want something. So what is it?"
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Airtia S. Cauthon Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:28 pm

There last encounter, she remembered. The time together that day had started off well - like they often did. They laughed and joked around and then, something wasn't as funny as it should have been. That's how it always started. Only that time, things got out of hand and she didn't help matters any. Both of them had tempers and when they fought things usually were burned and destroyed.

Perhaps that was the beauty in their relationship; and the tragedy of its end.

When he studied her, silver eyes diverted slightly to the left so she wouldn't have to see. There was something about that look which made her remember things of the past. "Dancing's what I do." With a deep breath she pushed off of the desk. "'Ave tae stay in shape fer it."

Looking back up to him she smiled, it was a soft one and pulled more to the right. "As I recall, we were good at a few other things too. When we were not trying to kill each other."

Airtia stepped up closer to him, looking him over and settling on his face. "Dre, ye know I'm nae good at this, but I'm sorry fer the way we left off. I can't take back any o the things that I said or what I did, and I cannae say that I did nae mean them then. We've both lived our separate lives since then but I 'aven't forgotten ye all that came with it. Forgive me?"

He knew that she hardly ever admitted that she was wrong about anything. Things change. Though while she still did not like to admit when she was wrong, she knew when she had to and when it was right. "Tis one o' the reasons why I am here."

Airtia offered up her hand to him to take. Call it a truce.
Airtia S. Cauthon
Airtia S. Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:53 pm

He watched her. She was right, she was a Dancer, but then again so was he.

"Yes, arguing."

He watched her step up to him. Tensing as she did so. he really did not need this here and now. He heard her word and his jaw actually dropped.

He just stood there staring at her. She really could not be serious, could she? This was not Airtia. I mean the Airtia he knew, rather stomp his jewels then admit there was even a remote possibility she was right. Even though she kept changing faster then the temperature of boiling water.

Well people do change, and maybe they mature as well. He took her hand and nodded; after closing his mouth of course. He said with an even voice, "How can I help sister?"
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Airtia S. Cauthon Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:47 pm

Once Dre had placed his hand in her own, Airtia gave it a firm shake. "Fer starters, ye m'be wanting tae call me Air, we're nae strangers." Releasing his hand she moved her own up his arm to clasp him above the elbow before letting go.

"There are a lot o' things going on in the world." A slight pause to her words as she turned from him and headed towards the belt she had discarded to the floor earlier. Airtia didn't have a 'sway' to her walk. It was something that could only be described as 'business' with a touch of feminine wile. "And sometime we can change the course o' the world."

Bending at the knees she lifted part of the belt and withdrew a pair of daggers. They appeared to be ordinary: one handle silver and black and the other gold, plain silver blades. Looks can be deceiving. "And sometimes ye 'ave tae destroy it." She could have been speaking metaphorically, but she wasn't lying.

Taking them by the blade, the daggers were offered to him. "Gold and Silver are their names. Can ye sharpen these fer me?"

Airtia S. Cauthon
Airtia S. Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:36 am

He took the daggers, cocking his head to one side. These were new that was for sure. Idly he began to test their balance and weight. He looked at her while he did this.

"These are new. Did not expect you to have something like this. Are Furball Hide's getting much money?"

He ran a finger over each of the blades and nodded. "Yeah I can sharpen them. Now I have to ask, pure or are they mixed with something?"

He waited for the answer, tossing them idly.
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:55 am

Madeline had been finshing her paper work. When she heard the comment about Furball hides, she let out a big laugh. She couldn't help it. "Perhaps thats something we could sell here Dre. I'm sure we could make blankets out of it for winter."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Number of posts : 1173

http://madelinecauthon.webstarts.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Airtia S. Cauthon Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:28 am

Airtia watched him handle the daggers for a moment before she picked the sword belt off the floor once more and began to fasten it around her waist. "Yes. I 'ave heard that Gawain is here. M'be one o those daggers will find a new home." Joking? Sometimes it was hard to tell if she was joking, even when she was smiling. The comment from Madeline was humorous.

"Finding him is on my agenda. As fer the daggers...." She trailed off. The belt was settled into place and she brushed her hands other the top of her pants. "They are nae something that I would normally ave, but I carry them with me now. Given tae me by a man ye might remember. Fallon?" Maybe he would remember, and maybe he wouldn't. "They were his. Ye can say that I inherited them in a way." Mostly all of her weapons were given to her for some reason or another. The daggers were not any different.

"As long as ye don't use magical means then you will be alright. And don't bleed on it. " Making a point with the last words. "It tis vera important that ye do nae bleed on either o' the blades, or anyone else in yer shop that may handle them."
Airtia S. Cauthon
Airtia S. Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:36 pm

He nodded. "Yes I remember Fallon. How is he? Still moody as ever?"

He smiled and winked at her. "As you wish. Though I will handle this one myself. Someday you must tell me why to the blood thing though. That is the payment. Now when you need these by and what else do you want?"

Yeah he knew her, things always came in twos where he was concerned. He chuckled and waited to see if the other axe would fall.
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Airtia S. Cauthon Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:41 pm

Thinking of Fallon got her to smile. That second brother of hers - Dre was the first and original - he was something. But she choose to avoid the answer about him for the moment. Airtia took her sword back from where Dre had put it when she had given him the daggers. The weapon looked very natural in her hands as she held it, and it only took a moment for her to slide it back into place in it's sheath.

Sure she could do without it, but what was the use of wearing the belt if it was empty? A sly smile upon her lips when she spoke again. "There are other ways that I can pay ye Dre. I can e'en give ye money like a normal customer." She had been prepared for that anyway.

"Besides, iffen some things make themselves out tae be what they will, ye may see the results o blood on the daggers." Riddles and talking around things. That was something about her that hadn't changed.

After a moment so spoke again. "Are ye staying here, or do ye ave a room at the Inn?"
Airtia S. Cauthon
Airtia S. Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:19 pm

"Ahh but see that would imply that you, dear Sister, are normal. Which we both know is far from the truth. " He listen to her riddle and shook his head.

"Still speaking in riddles and half truths I see, and not giving a man what he asks for. So be it. We shall see. But if no you know the payment required. You can either agree to it or someone else can attempt to sharpen these fine blades." He had matured a lot and was not letting women walk all over him.

He was a little thrown off by her asking where he stayed. "At the Inn for now. Need to speak with the lass there about something and then after my trip I may move here. Better to be closer to my work and all that."

Still he had laid down the law as payment, So he twisted the daggers so that they were pointed at her hilt first, so she could see he was serious.
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Airtia S. Cauthon Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:23 pm

"Unless ye are wanting tae change from what ye said at the start, tae be told the story someday, I take it naething has changed." Not even a glance towards the hilts that were offered back to her. "Ye asked tae be told someday. I said that ye may find out the answer before I ave the change tae tell ye."

That's how they always started wasn't it? With words. "Would ye like tae know the answer tae the blood question now, or are ye content tae wait until the later comes around which ye spoke o'?" If he wanted to know now she would tell him.

Airtia S. Cauthon
Airtia S. Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:57 am

"That is the payment I have asked for, so nothing has changed."

He brought the knives back down to his side. "I can wait. Patience has come to me over the years in some things." He was still waiting for the other shoe to drop, but he would continue to wait.

"How sharp you need them?" He headed out of the office, past the girls, and down stairs to start on the sharpening. He figured she would follow. He knew she was always curious of forges.
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Airtia S. Cauthon Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:36 pm

Did he ever know her not to want to follow? Especially when a person was going someplace interesting or it gave her a chance to look around and go somewhere she hasn't been. And he was right - she did enjoy the fires of the forge.

Airtia spoke as she followed along with him, "As sharp as ye can make them. If it tis possible I'd like fer them tae be sharp enough tae slice through skin without leaving a mark. A person wouldn't be able tae know that they ave been cut until they started bleeding." She could already accomplish this with a weave, but she wanted to be able to achieve this - or close to it - with the blades.
Airtia S. Cauthon
Airtia S. Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:03 am

He nodded, as they descended the stairs.

"Should be easy enough to do, depending on how these two take an edge and keep it. But you know me, I have my ways. Might heat them first so I can get a better edge. And what kind of skin you want to cut? You know different skins take different pressure and sharpness."

He led her down to the heart of the forge. There she would see Kyra's creation with the water, Trin's perfectly kept worked station, and his area as well as several open spots. There were even flames flickering up the wall. Over at his station he set the blades down and worked on a little heat.
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Airtia S. Cauthon Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:33 pm

The bellows of a forge.

One of her favorite places to go. There was something about working with fires, the smell of sulfur and metals; and the creation that took place that always drew her attention. Not to mention the men that worked over the creations. It even brought her back to the time she use to spend in a forge, working or otherwise.

Airtia spared time to look at the water system while Dre got things ready for his task. "Tis different." Different in a good way. She spoke again as she looked from the water and towards him. "They can keep an edge I'm sure. As far as sharpness goes, why nae make them sharp enough tae cut through yer hide?"

Afterwhich she chuckled and moved closer but left him with the room he needed to maneuver. "I only say that 'cause iffen they can cut through that then they should be able tae cut through any skin nae?" It wasn't a threat towards him, he asked how sharp and his scales were the toughest skin she could think of aside from another dragons.

"Ye a lil shorthanded, or did I 'appen tae miss e'eryone?"
Airtia S. Cauthon
Airtia S. Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:18 am

He nodded at the different comment, talking about how well it worked. Then stopped abruptly as she spoke about it going through his hide. He looked at her for several moments.

He relaxed a little and chuckled, but became on guard as well. The first thought in his head was, 'Here we go again." But what he said was. "I suppose that is so. As for Smiths, well we are new and i have one other Smith here. Other then that, I am on my own. But how is that ever any different right?"

He turned to her and winked, then set about getting items he would need.
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Airtia S. Cauthon Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:46 pm

How could she not laugh with that hint of a look Dre now gave her. It wasn't loud laughter but it was there and he would be sure to hear it, and it did not last long. Airtia came towards him, hands placed out in front of her in a causual manner. She was not armed - how could she hurt him?

"Don't worry Dre. The only way ye and I will dance like that tis iffen ye ask." There was a sly grin upon her face. "I do look forward tae dancing with ye again Dre." She would leave it at that. Not wanting to disturb him from the task at hand. Even if she was watching him.

Dre was never intimidated by her before.
Airtia S. Cauthon
Airtia S. Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:49 pm

He began by stoking the fires, and laying out three different time of stones. He paused when he heard her laughter and looked at her. He nodded and simply said, "One does not know what the future holds. If a Dance is to come forth, then there is a Dance."

He had placed the gold dagger in the flames, just enough to heat the metal. Then began to run it over the roughest of stones. After adding a few drops of oil. He made slow and steady strokes with it. After what seemed a one hundred strokes, back into the fire the dagger went.

The process was repeated with both of the other stones. Before he set it aside to start on the Silver one. Once done, he began once more with the Gold until each dagger had been ran over each of the stones a thousand times.

He went on slow and steady, taking great care and pride in it. Watching the metal for any nicks or frayed edges or other deformities. Until he was satisfied. Then began to polish the stones with even more care and using the softest cloth he had.
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Airtia S. Cauthon Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:15 pm

Airtia didn't say anything for a moment or two, simply watched him as he worked. Seemed that Dre had developed a knack for speaking in generalities, referring to things on a broad scale. That was something she use to do all the time - and still did - and it didn't bother her.

She always liked to watch him work in the forge. Watching him now brought back him memories of long ago: visiting in the evenings, her time working the forge, and what she learned from him. He always had a good hand on his work, even the time working while stressed or upset, and it was one of the things she admired.

Watching him now put her in mind of his father, Krownar and that in turn made her think of Sheena. Even with the roller coaster she had going on with their son they had welcomed her into their home.

Not wanting to disturb, she waited until he was nearly done with the task. "Ye always did wonderful work Dre. Thank ye."
Airtia S. Cauthon
Airtia S. Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:41 am

He handed back the daggers to her, hilt first. A smile creased his face a little.

"One always does their best at the things they love doing the most. One of my loves is working with metal. Though you know this." He nodded because he knew she should know this. If not the palm of his hand would find the back of her head.

"Besides one can always find piece here and it is often better to create then to destroy."
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Airtia S. Cauthon Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:04 pm

Taking the daggers back she looked them over and gave a nod. Just as she suspected, he had done good work. "Thank ye Dre, and aye, I know that metals tis one o yer loves." Sure he had others, but this was one that he could speak of in the open. The daggers she placed back in their place on her belt.

She wasn't going to comment on his statement about it being better to create than destroy - she didn't have to voice all of her opinions and it was better that way . "I hope that we see each o'her soon Dre. Thank ye again." With a smile she turned to leave the shop.

Airtia S. Cauthon
Airtia S. Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2