Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

For a Reason

3 posters

Go down

For a Reason  Empty For a Reason

Post by Ruslan Chergari Sun May 21, 2017 11:04 pm

When Beebee Yonca told him his ability would call him to worlds beyond his imagination, he didn’t realize she meant literally.  But then, in the dream realm.  A new entity that smelled of ancient shadows and blood.  Ruslan could ignore the manifestations beyond the veil when he was awake, one of his candies did that.  But once asleep his celestial master pulled him astrally to what shouldn’t be ignored.

Back where he was from this hour would be considered late to be walking out in the open alone, but it didn’t take long for him to realize it was different here.  A lot of things looked different here.  All these buildings, many of them taller than trees.  The buildings outnumbered the trees, even.  And the land, it looked tamed.  A place for everything and everything in its place.  He was having a hard time seeing the unseen in this world, and that was saying something.

One thing was familiar, though.  A moon glowed in the dark skies above, and it would be his guide here same as anywhere.  “Del Dook, kas zhanes kushti?  Nai man keck sera, ay?”*  He spoke language of his people clearly and without shame.  Grinning at a female walking past him who shot him a look of confusion, he pointed up at the moon.  “She tells me where to lay my head.  I have no wife to nag me.”  He laughed when his slow and thickly accented words made the female double her pace.  Ah, well.  Maybe the humor in this world wasn’t so good?  Then again his Beebees back home chastised him often for having a tongue that wagged too freely.

The important thing was his celestial master showed him the way.  Her eyes were his eyes, and suddenly there was one building that stood out more than any other.  It shone like it was bathed in liquid silver.  When he got close enough, one of the words on its sign was familiar: inn.  “Tch.”  Scoffed with a shake of his head.  He preferred open land and open air to a ceiling and four walls but until he knew more about this place this would have to do.  Plus the moon had brought him to this street and this structure.  There had to be a reason.

This man that walked into the inn was dark of hair but light of heart.  As it was all his life he carried only one bag on his back.  Whatever didn’t fit in it on any given day, he left behind.  His brown baggy pants were made of light linen, the blue cuffs rolled up and tied below his knees because the weather was warm.  His simple cream tunic was clean but without a collar.  His long vest had more colors and shapes than could be counted, and every color and shape was selected by Beebee Yonca for a reason.  Around his neck were several braided cords, a different talisman hanging from each and the same was true for both of his wrists but with beads of different colors and shapes.  The brown leather sandals on his feet had been repaired more than once but they still got him from here to there.

He could count the number of times he’d been inside an inn on two hands but he knew enough to run his fingers through his hair to comb the wind out of it.  The curls would never be tamed, but at least he looked respectable.  Like someone who was capable of staying inside four walls.

“Ay!  Hello, friends?”  Was it possible to call out like that and still be polite?  He was trying.  “Is there help for me tonight?”

*Translation:  Good Spirit, who do you know here?  I don’t have a tent in this land, hey?
Ruslan Chergari
Ruslan Chergari

Number of posts : 17

Back to top Go down

For a Reason  Empty Re: For a Reason

Post by E'Lara Mon May 22, 2017 11:04 pm

•|•|•|E'Lara came through the doors that lead to the bar.  She was coming from the kitchen with a tray of tea and biscuits.  She heard the young man before she saw him. 

Being fresh from a shower, the portly elf was in her dressing robe, belted tightly over her sleep shirt.  The purple fuzzy garment matched her house shoes in both shade and material.  Her long, silver, hair was down as it was wet.

Upon seeing the source of the voice she heard, she set her tray upon a side table. 
"Keep yer trousers on, young man.  I'm not as spry as I used to be."  She Reached up to her head and began to pull her hair up into a wet bun as she walked over to the desk.

With movement akin to a penguin, she arrived at the desk in a moments time.  Her hair, that had been hanging to the back of her knees, being pinned in place by a few bobby pins that had been retrieved from the pocket of her dressing gown.

She smiled politely at the young man awaiting service. "Hello yourself, friend.  There is help fer ya right here.  What can I do fer ya, young ma?"  Her smile never faltered as she waited to see if he needed a room or if he needed something else.
E'Lara
E'Lara

Number of posts : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruslan Chergari Tue May 23, 2017 5:59 pm

Funny to be in another world and to be looking at home.  The woman who came to the counter made him think of Beebee Yonca.  Similar in body and age, even in length of hair if not the color, but in clothing very different.  The act of her pinning up her hair drew his attention to her ears, and immediately had Ruslan wondering what kind of a world he'd gotten himself into this time.  Back home only people like him with the rare gift to see through the veil ever spied the creatures with pointed ears. Rarely were they the size of humans, even more rarely did they want to have civilized conversation, but still he had to wonder, was he seeing into this world's veil now?  Or was this world more foreign than he realized?

He wouldn't be rash and treat her like a creature of the veil.  This was an inn, and he needed a bed, not a battle.  He began his reply with a short, straight-backed bow.  It was a common sign of respect to women back home.  He followed it with a smile.  Ruslan's smiles were easy, charming, and filled with energy that was more boy than man.  A smile that matched his carefree laugh thanks to her talk of trousers. "I could not imagine making a gesture of such disrespect, Gaja."  He took his time with his words. The language of his people was sharp, with heavy use of k’s and c’s and ch’s, so in those letters especially his accent was apparent. "But you are having fun with me, I think.  I bet you are as spry as the fox."  A wink.

"I'm fortunate, that you can attend me during the moon's hour."  Added as he nodded towards a window which put a frame to the darkness outside.  "I seek shelter, I have simple tastes and  my needs are few.  There is no need for..."  Ruslan's fingers fluttered and he frowned as he struggled to think of an appropriate word.  "Savurganlık.  Servet.  Ay!...Riches?"  It was the best word he could think of, it would have to do.
Ruslan Chergari
Ruslan Chergari

Back to top Go down

Post by E'Lara Fri May 26, 2017 5:09 am

•|•|•|E'Lara nearly giggled as she smiled and blushed at the young man.  Spry as a fox indeed.  "Young man, I am probably old enough to be your grandmother's grandmother."  For as young as he looked, and as old as she was, that could very well be true.  "But, I suppose I do still have my moments."  Just ask anyone on her staff that she had to chase down.

With a smile upon her face, she opened the ledger to the current page and retrieved something to write with.  "I'd be happy to help you with that.  Welcome to the Tel'Ranaemyn Inn, by the way."  She reached for a stack of papers from under the desk and set them next to the ledger.

With pen poised she began his checking in process.  "We have a room that should suit you just fine.  It's fifty silver a week.  You'll have a private wash room, but to bathe you would need to make use of the communal shower.  There is power to the room, so the lights and things do work.  And if you don't have the silver to pay, we can easily find some work around here for you to earn your keep."  Her smile never faltered. Her tone was soft and comforting, even at this late hour.

The room was little more than a bed, a table and chair, a chest of drawers and a night table with a lamp.  There was a wash sink and a stool as well.  And a cabinet for hanging clothes.  He did say that he had no need for riches.  E'Lara presumed that he meant amenities. But, she figured that if her presumption was wrong, he wold let her know that he needed more.
E'Lara
E'Lara

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruslan Chergari Fri May 26, 2017 10:24 pm

For her blush she received another smile.  These smiles were how Ruslan navigated the world, whether he was home or far abroad.  He found a smile traveled the distance between two people faster than words.  "That may be true, but where I am from the elders are the heart and the glue that protect the tribe and keep its future in the hands of good fortune.”  He took his time with that reply.  Making sure he was choosing the right words to articulate how elders held the place of greatest honor.

At her welcome, he bowed again.  “May all your dances be joyful.”  His favorite blessing, one he used often even in lands like this one where it wasn’t a common thing to hear.

Ruslan did have some coin.  Hearing that lodging could be paid for through labor, however, was exciting.  His people were nomadic, and he was taught that manual labor was done for the good at all not for the good of one.  “I know that a strong back and a hard worker can be more valuable than coin, and I find great satisfaction in labor.”  The hour was late for most but he had the energy of a man freshly risen.  Part of his charm, yes, but also something more.  

Digging into his pocket, Ruslan pulled out a small bit of paper and unwrapped it.  Inside was a piece of ribbon candy, bright yellow with thin white stripes.  A joyful color to match its joyful flavor.  Ruslan made many candies of many colors, but this was the one that could be eaten on any occasion because it was just a candy and nothing more.  When among strangers Ruslan sucked on these candies often so it never seemed a strange moment for him to eat one.  Clever man.  A second yellow candy, wrapped in the same paper, was offered out to the woman.  “Do you like candy, Gaja?”
Ruslan Chergari
Ruslan Chergari

Back to top Go down

Post by E'Lara Sun May 28, 2017 12:56 am

•|•|•|E'Lara smiled as he spoke of the treatment of elders where he came from.  "As it should be.  We didn't get this old by not knowing anything."  It was her turn for a wink.  And his blessing made her smile as well.  It was a lovely sentiment. 

Upon hearing that the young man volunteered to pay his tab with labor, E'Lara smiled once again.  "It is a good man who is willing to earn his keep.  You can start when you have time tomorrow, if you wish." 

She looked down at the ledger to see where the next empty line was when he offered her some candy.  "I do, thank you."  She took the offered treat from him.  "Might I ask, this word Gaja, what does it mean?"  She wasn't sure if he knew the translation for the word in common, but as before, she was sure she cold figure it out from whatever word he found that came close. 
E'Lara
E'Lara

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruslan Chergari Mon May 29, 2017 11:31 pm

Ruslan affirmed her words with a bow of his head. “A truth of life, well spoken.” He was much younger than she, but applying the lessons he’d learned along his way had saved him from death more than once. His was a strange existence, with one foot in reality and the other in the impossible.

“A good man, yes, but what is good? That is tricky, no?” There was truth in his humor, said with a lively smile. “I do not wake with the dawn, but when I do wake I will be ready.” His gifts demanded use during the dark hours, awake or asleep. Especially when the moon waxed.

To her thanks, he winked. “It wishes upon you health and good luck.” Could a candy do all of that? Perhaps not this one, but in his culture any kind gesture could be the vessel of such things. “Ah, yes. In my tribe, one word can hold a long meaning. Gaja, it means, a woman who is stranger who may become an ally if fortune smiles upon the meeting.” His people often put great intention in a single word.
Ruslan Chergari
Ruslan Chergari

Back to top Go down

Post by E'Lara Tue May 30, 2017 7:55 pm

•|•|•|E'Lara's eyes sparkled with the smile that the young man's head bow brought.  The smile widened when he said she had spoken well of a truth of life.  Sometimes she met the most polite and wonderful young people since working here.  A giggle escaped her lips when he suggested that figuring out what was good could be tricky.  "Indeed, it very well can be."  She smiled in response to his smile. 

And upon hearing his words in regards to waking with the sun and being ready.  "There is a linen closet just inside the laundry.  I post a list on the door of that closet every morning.  It's chores that are not already someone's specific job.  If you see that list, and pick a chore from it, mark it off when you are done.  You'll receive credit for doing so.  If there is nothing on that list for you, you may find one of our owners, myself, or another employee to see if there is anywhere you are needed." 

She chuckled about the candy.  "Then perhaps I should order a case of it.  Where do you find it?  She chuckled some more.  She could just imagine De'Ryanna's reaction to her ordering a case of candies for the Inn simply because they wished health and good luck upon those who consumed them. 

She listened to his explanation of the word he was calling her.  "That is very lovely.  I hope that fortune does continue to smile upon our meeting, as I feel it already has, and I also look forward to being an ally to you.  My name is E'Lara, but you may continue to call me Gaja if you wish.  I rather like the sound of it." 

Another glance down at the ledger and then she attempted to get on with the business at hand.  "Now, young man, if I could get your name for the ledger?  She pulled anther slip of paper from under the desk and added it to the stack she had for him already.  Since he had volunteered to pay for his stay with labor, he would need the list of people to find if he needed work to do.
E'Lara
E'Lara

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruslan Chergari Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:03 pm

“Understood. I will be certain to check the list after my morning meal. I am glad to be of useful service.” He had just come to this foreign land, and he did not yet know how long he would remain. For as long as he was a resident at this inn, however, he would devote to its staff his working spirit.  His Beebees were always quick to point out how hard work was good for the character, and Ruslan was certainly one of those.

Her chuckling was answered with a great smile.  Ruslan bowing his head to politely accept her compliment. “The candies are made with my own hands.  A recipe I learned from a relative when I was knee high that I have since made my own.” Unless the candies were yellow like the one he had offered to her, they were more than just a sweet treat. His color-coded confections allowed him to travel lightly but always have the powers of his ancestral line at his fingertips. Resourceful man, another quality of his tribe.

Ruslan placed a fist over his heart and bowed as he honored her introduction. "It is an honor for me to meet you, E'Lara, and I thank you for trusting with me your name." It might seem a strange thing to say, but names held great meaning and power where he was from. "I do not doubt that fortune will bless a spirit as kind as yours."

"As for my name, it is Ruslan." His pronounced this 'Roos-lahn' with his thick accent starting strong on the R.  He chose not to offer his surname.  Not just because she had not offered hers, but because in the world where he was from his surname and its implications often stirred strong opinions.  Also judgments.  His people were both revered and scorned at the same time, depending on whether or not those who lived a cosmopolitan life were in need of the singular services of his tribe. “In my language, it means Lion Man.”  He grinned like a man who knew both the truth and the hubris of such a name.
Ruslan Chergari
Ruslan Chergari

Back to top Go down

Post by E'Lara Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:10 am

•|•|•|E'Lara smiled when Ruslan said that he would check the list once he's partaken of the breaking of the fast in the morning.  She was pleased to hear that he had no intentions of saying he would work and then running off to play and waiting until the last minute to do anything.  There had been many who had done so in the past. And some, not doing any work at all.  E'Lara was not the taskmaster that De'Ryanna was, but she had a knack for remembering faces.  So those who skipped out all together had bettered not darken the Inn's doors again.  If they ever did so, they would know work harder than they had ever felt before.

She couldn't keep the shock from her features when Ruslan mentioned that he had made the candies himself.  "Mercy me, you're a confectioner?  How delightful." She had never met a confectioner before.  Chefs and bakers, but never a confectioner.  She was s delighted by this news  E'Lara had an affection for a certain kind of confection.  But it was a seasonal thing.  Perhaps, at another time, she would ask Ruslan if he could maybe teach her, or even possibly Armandeus, how to make it.  If he knew how to make it himself, that was.

A slow blink and a singular nod was given in response to his declaration of being honored.   E'Lara had met many different beings in her time, from a great many places, so she found nothing odd about Ruslan thanking her for trusting him with her name.  Epiphay's door was always requesting names from it's visitors.  It had to want those names for some reason.  To trust someone with your name is to trust that they will not soil your name or your reputation, and that's just one offense that could be committed.  There were so many other reasons to not trust someone with your name.  So E'Lara completely understood the comment he made.

Another blush flushed to her cheeks hen Ruslan said that she had a kind spirit.  She shook her head and chuckled softly.  "Trust me, young man, I can go from kind to polar bear at the drop of a hat.  But I thank you for your words.  I feel very blessed for having met you."  After all, he was a confectioner.  That was something E'Lara was not soon to forget.  But beyond that, he seemed to be a very nice, polite, and genuine young man.  E'Lara thought it was going to be quite nice to have someone with such character around.  Not that those who were already staying here were not of such, just that it never hurt to have one more good person around.

E'Lara put pen to paper to scrawl Ruslan's name into the ledger.  Another case in which a name can carry great power.  This was no ordinary ledger.  E'Lara knew this, as did few others. E'Lara looked up from writing down the name.  "lahn, lawn, or just lan?"  She wanted to make sure that it was spelled correctly. She had to smile again when he mentioned that his name meant 'Lion Man'.  Lion's were kings, they were strong and fierce and protective.  Such wonderful qualities.  She wondered if Ruslan held these qualities himself.

After she had his name in the ledger, if he corrected her spelling or just let her put what she thought it would be, she would slide the papers over to him.  "If you don't mind signing this paper, it's to show that I've given you these." She began flipping through the stack.  "This is the list of employees that you can come to if you need anything.  This is a map of the Inn and the grounds, the hours for the kitchen and bar and other things we have available are on the back.  This is a list of local activities going on this season.  And this one contains other helpful information.  By signing you are signifying that you received this information an plan to settle up your bill before you leave."  She didn't usually sound so formal, but something came over her and she felt the need to get that all out on the table.
E'Lara
E'Lara

Back to top Go down

Post by Inion Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:12 am

Inion had been sneaking into the inn through the window if her room. Well sneaking isn't the best word, she was more avoiding people. Not staff, no reason to avoid them because she kept a permanent room at the inn paid yearly. It was her hideaway her place to escape when she needed to rest. She's actually been at the inn for awhile hiding out. It's been a crazy couple of years and since things are calmer she's back for a bit. But those reasons can explained later so back to the sneaking in.

Inion had been out shopping and visiting old hunts and didn't feel like dealing with her window so she figured since it was so late no one would be in the lobby. Singing softly to herself she opened the door and made her way to the stairs. It took her a moment to notice the people at the desk. She stopped looking like a deer caught in headlights, her violet orbs taking in the scene as she regained her composure. A stray group of moon white braids of got pushed over her shoulder as she turned exposing pointed ear and smiled at them.

"Good evening. I'm sorry if my singing interrupted you. I didn't think anyone would be around." She gave a little nod. "I'm just heading to my room, again please pardon my intrusion." She turned back to the stairs and as her back was exposed what looked like a purple hued cape twitched underneath her long braid hair.
Inion
Inion

Number of posts : 303

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruslan Chergari Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:31 pm

To be called this made Ruslan laugh.“I do not think my skills are enough for me to wear that title. I am a capable man with a great many trades, but a master of almost none.” He had to add that ‘almost’. Not to do so would be a lie, and keeping an honest tongue kept fortune smiling upon his gifts. Within those gifts was his mastery, his calling. They were why his heart beat and his lips passed breath.  They were also why he was here today, getting a room at this inn.

A thoughtful lift of his chin when he saw how she reacted to the matter of names. Ah, she knew. Did that mean then, that he had come to an entire realm that knew the power of the name? Back where he was from, this knowledge was only known and believed by certain circles. Circles that were often scorned and persecuted because of these beliefs. It made Ruslan wonder, what manner of world was this?  

He would find out, in time. His master never called him out of his realm without reason. In the meantime, E’Lara received another smile. “That does not alarm me. My spirit is close with one of the Ursari, they live in harmony with the bears.” His work required him to partner with all manner of allies.  “Besides. We all know what lions do, no?” Another wink. There were times that Ruslan did roar, but not in anger.

“Lahn. R-u-s-l-a-n.” Spelled for her.  Shifting his attention to the ledger with a curious look. What manner of world was this indeed. He was glad she did not ask for rest of his name. He would not likely to give it to her, not for this book. “Of course. Thank you for sharing this wealth of information.” His signature was difficult to decipher. A large ‘R’, the rest of the letters an indiscernible line. But it was his signature just the same.

The pen placed on the desk, Ruslan accepted the stack of papers with a bow of his head. “I wondered, E’Lara, is there a cemetery - ” This curious question was interrupted by the sound of song. Ruslan stepped back from the desk to observe the female walking through.  For a moment, because of how she froze with such apprehension, he thought he was seeing her through the veil and she recognized him for what he was. He looked to E’Lara, to confirm that she too saw this female.

Then he smiled at the white-haired woman. “Please. It is I who should make apologies.” He spoke slowly, to be certain that his words were formed well despite the thickness of his accent. “My late night travels are the interruption. I did not intend to cause discomfort.”
Ruslan Chergari
Ruslan Chergari

Back to top Go down

Post by E'Lara Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:23 am

•|•|•|E'Lara giggled.  "You made this delightful candy.  That qualifies you as a confectioner in my book."  She winked at him.  Regardless of his thinking he was a confectioner or not, she was still going to ask him about that candy that she loved so.  Maybe he knew it, maybe he didn't.  She wouldn't know until she asked.

E'Lara could have guessed that Ursari were close to bears, there was a tongue where Ursa meant bear.  A smile was given before she giggled.  "Well, here's to your lion and my bear never having to tangle.  May we always have peace and harmony between us."  The latter a blessing that E'Lara had expressed many times in her long life, but in this regard, this was a first.

She was happy that he had spelled his name for her.  And his sir name wasn't exactly necessary.   It's not like there was a gaggle of Ruslan's running around the Inn. She nodded in response to his thanking her.  He was such a polite young man.  And she watched him sign the paper.  So, she could attest that this was, in fact, his signature and not a forgery, for she had seen him sign it herself.

She reached for the map as he began to ask his question.  He had gotten so far in the asking for her to know he was looking for the cemetery.  But they were interrupted by Lady Inion.  E'Lara wondered if there was a reason she had chosen to use the door instead of her window this time.

Yes, E'Lara knew that Lady Inion had been coming and going through the window.  She oversaw keeping the rooms tidy and freshened.  She always knew when a bed had been slept in.  Even if it had been made in the morning.  Inion should have noticed that her linens were always fresh and her towels stocked, shouldn't she?

E'Lara listened to the exchange between the two with a smile.  "You're both being silly.”  She chuckled as she turned to address Ruslan first.  "We have guests who come and go at all hours of the day and night.  It is no trouble or interruption."  And she meant it.  She had seen many things in this Inn.  Some of which, she had not previously known had even existed.  And many of which were nocturnal.

She then turned to Lady Inion.  "I picked up something for you while I was at the market today.  It's on your counter in your room, sweetie.  It's for that lovely veil of purple you have on your back."  She intentionally did not use Lady Inion's name or put a name to her wings.  As Ruslan knew, there was power to such things, and it was not E'Lara's place to share Lady Inion's information with another.
E'Lara
E'Lara

Back to top Go down

Post by Inion Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:00 am

(Sorry for the delay, been a crazy month 😳)

Soft laughter escaped her lips "you are so right we are being silly. I was just caught unawares trying to sneak back up to my room in the least sneaky way."

Inion's eyes twinkled when E'Lara mentioned picking something up for her while out. She liked most surprises"ohhh thank you dear I can't wait to see it. And speaking of picking things up," she reached into the basket hanging from the crook of her arm and pulled out a bouquet of lovely flowers and handed them to E'Lara "I saw these and thought of you. The florest said there is a spell on them to keep them fresh for weeks". She give a little sigh "well since I guess I am out of hiding now should you need help in the kitchen or bakery please let me know. It would be nice to have something to do while I am 'resting' " yes she just air quoted with her free hand.

Turning to the late night guest and extending her free hand "good evening to you kind sir I am called Inion by most. And did I over hear something about you being a candy maker? That will win you many points around here for sure." Her folded wings gave the smallest of flutters " many of us here have a sweet tooth or a few." The laughter on her lips reached her eyes as she tried her best not to use her charm on the new comer.
Inion
Inion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruslan Chergari Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:27 pm

Ruslan would acquiesce when it came to the honorary title, doing so with a bow of his head. “To be called such is an honor. Confectioners bring much joy to the world. Joy and harmony, I strive to do my part to allow these things to flourish in the world each day.” In an unconventional way, but each individual contributed to the world in accordance to their given talents. Such was the teaching of his tribe.

He took a step back, to allow the women the time and space for their exchange of words and gifts. In doing so, he collected up his papers, including the map E’Lara was about to reference to answer his unfinished question. These papers he tucked away into the bag on his back. Granted the additional time to think it over, Ruslan decided that the questions he needed to have answered were best left out of polite conversation. His was a strange vocation, filled with sights and sounds that most wanted to believe were the stuff of fiction and nightmares.

So his interest, it was peaked when the white-haired one uttered a particular word: spell. Ruslan remained silent, but his gaze shifted to E’Lara to see how she received this word. Was this a realm where magic was accepted by so many that it came into conversation in the open at inns? This was a wonder, if it was true. As for the magic of the mentioned spell, his smiled to himself. What strong words the youth of the tribe often had flung at them, when they were caught using the power of the bloodline for such purposes.  Unless it made the tribe good money. That was a horse of a different color.

He took the offered hand of the white-haired one, turning her hand so it was palm down. He gave it a gentle squeeze as he bowed, but he did not kiss the back of it. He found kisses too intimate to be used as a greeting. "It is an honor for me to meet you, Inion, and I thank you for trusting with me your name. Mine is Ruslan.” His pronounced this 'Roos-lahn' with his thick accent starting strong on the R.  If Inion was one who was in tune with mystical energies, Ruslan’s body was alive with them. Part of inherent talents and the blood of his tribe, but also because of what he wore and what he carried upon his back.

Releasing her hand, he offered her a wrapped candy from his pocket. It was yellow, the same color candy he had offered to E’Lara a few minutes ago. “I do make candy, but as I told E’Lara I am no master of the craft. If making my confections is a desirable labor in trade for my room, it would be no trouble to me.” What labors he would complete was up to the staff of the inn, however, that he knew.
Ruslan Chergari
Ruslan Chergari

Back to top Go down

Post by E'Lara Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:43 am

•|•|•|E'Lara couldn't keep the smile from her face.  It seemed there would be no way for Ruslan to get around being called a confectioner.   She almost felt a tinge of guilt for speaking the title in the first place.  Almost.

E'Lara moved her hand away from the papers that he was picking up.  She figured that he had either seen where she had pointed and needed no further explanation, or he was going to figure it out for himself.  Either way, she let him have his papers. 

She closed the space between Lady Inion and herself to take the flowers.  "Oh, thank you dear girl. I will get them in water here shortly, spell or no spell."  She winked at Inion and laid the flowers on the desk. 

She moved to put away the ledger and other things.  "If yer in the mood, and not too sleepy, we could use some fresh baked pastries for breakfast in the morning."  She smiled at her.  "But, it isn't something I cannot do myself if you need to get to bed."

There was a twinkle in E'Lara's eyes when she smiled at Ruslan.  "If you would like to make some candy for the Inn, we will compensate you with a fair wage, and apply it to your room bill.  And if there's any extra, we will pay it out to you in coin."  It was a happy thought to have someone making some candy for the Inn.

She turned to get him a key to a room.  "Your room number is one oh seven.  I can show you where it is, if you wish?"  She was headed in that direction anyway.  She wanted to see if the lady in one oh four was in. 
E'Lara
E'Lara

Back to top Go down

Post by Inion Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:49 am

Inion stood so that she could look at them both without moving more then a turn of her head. Her eyes continued to twinkle brightly as the young man took her hand. She could feel the familiar tingle as his warm hand slipped into hers but she said nothing. "It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance Ruslan." Her Irish accent only hinted at as she spoke, "and thank you for trusting me with your name."

She took the sweet treat "ohhh thank you, I do love to try new sweets." She wanted to pop the candy into her mouth right then but knew she needed to speak with E'Lara and didn't want to be rude. "I will save it for later when I can enjoy it better, " and with that she tucked it into a bag nestled in amongst the bags hanging off her arm along with her basket. "One does not need to be a master of something to be good at it. As long as you enjoy the process and the end results." A quick frown creased her brow as she wondered if that made sense.

Her gaze shifted too E'Lara and her frown disappeared into a wide smile, "I would love to make the morning pastries. I think I've rested enough these past weeks. I will start just as soon as I have put my things away."

She turned back to Ruslan " again it is a pleasure to meet you and I hope we see each Other again. Have a pleasant rest." She bowed slightly to both before heading up the stairs to her room.
Inion
Inion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruslan Chergari Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:17 am

Releasing her hand, he gave to Inion a smile. Bowing his head to accept her kind words. “You are most welcome. I hope its taste brings you joy. As I told E’lara, the candy wishes upon you health and good luck.” There was whimsy in his voice but perhaps he was not joking. His candies of other colors, they did many incredible things for him.

This is why he laughed. Nodding. “To make them is a satisfying labor, and the end results have often turned tragedy into triumph.” High praise for something as simple as candy, but Ruslan explained no more than that. It was the nature of his tribe to keep their practices close to their chest, and this world was new to him. “I give thanks, Inion, for the kind welcome. May the moon share its dance with you.” A blessing where he was from, it held particular meaning for him. Instead of rest, he had plans to spend the rest of the night seeking such a dance.

His attention turned to E’Lara. Ruslan accepted her words with a smile. “I am happy to do this. Tomorrow I will visit the kitchen to see what ingredients must be found.” The recipe for the yellow candy was the simplest; most of its ingredients were common and he had yet to travel anywhere that they couldn’t be found. “For me, making candy is like a piper playing his flute...a generous way to spend the time. I will not turn a blind eye to the harder labors on your list.” Promising her this with a grin.

He nodded at her offer. “Only if it is not out of your way will I accept. I do not wish to trouble you, my internal compass is not...shabby.” He recalled the word triumphantly. “I have good direction.” He clarified with a wink.
Ruslan Chergari
Ruslan Chergari

Back to top Go down

Post by E'Lara Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:10 pm

•|•|•|E'Lara smiled and nodded to Inion as she was closing the ledger and preparing to show Ruslan to his room.  "Thank you very much, dear."  She definitely appreciated the help.

She was ready to go when she spoke to Ruslan again.  "If there is anything you need that we do not have in the kitchen, you may add it to the shopping list and it will be picked up on the next trip to town or ordered from the grocer that delivers here."  In response to his saying he would check the kitchen for ingredients.

She came out from behind the desk and made sure that her dressing robe was secured.  "It is not out of my way at all. I need to check in with someone in that area anyway.  I would welcome the company for the walk, even if it is just a presence without conversation."  Although, she doubted there would be a lack of conversation as she had a question to ask of him.
E'Lara
E'Lara

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruslan Chergari Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:13 am

Ruslan nodded. “I will to do this. The ingredients, they are few...and common to many places, I think.” The hesitation slowed his already slow manner of speaking because he could not know for sure. He had traveled far, especially across the lands of his world of origin, but not here. Tomorrow in the kitchen he would find his answer.

When E’Lara came out from behind the desk, he bowed to her out of respect. “It is an honor to have the inn’s keeper show me to my room. Please, I invite you to lead the way.” He would follow behind her at a respectable distance. For conventional manners, yes, but also in observance of mystical energies. When meeting strangers, it was impossible to know who had a sensitivity. That she and the lady Inion were referring to magic so freely was something he was still wrapping his mind around. How different from what he knew.

Ruslan was watchful as they walked, committing the hallways and any notable locations to memory. There was no need for him to tour the whole building to know that it was larger than most places he’d rested his head. As he explored this realm, he would search for an unclaimed place to stake the ground and raise his tent. He was more comfortable living that way, close to the earth, but that search would take time. With luck that same search would also shed light on why his master had brought him to this world.
Ruslan Chergari
Ruslan Chergari

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down