Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Peace Treaty. Or, The Caugheys Go Clubbing (Open Within Reason)

5 posters

Go down

Peace Treaty.  Or, The Caugheys Go Clubbing (Open Within Reason) Empty Peace Treaty. Or, The Caugheys Go Clubbing (Open Within Reason)

Post by Archer Caughey Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:50 pm

((All I ask is that your character has a justifiable reason to be at a club!  Happenstances not allowed Wink ))

It was a busy night.  One of those line around the block type of nights, with the people who were waiting dressed to the nines and plenty more walking off upset that they were turned away.  Normally Arcadia would go straight to the front; she came here all the time for arguably disreputable reasons, but as it turned out those reasons were good for business so the establishment chose to turn a blind eye to her appetite.  Tonight, however, her booted foot tapped the pavement impatiently as they waited in line with everybody else.  Archer had insisted on it.  Because he wanted to savor the experience.

“I don’t know what ye think I’m experiencin’,” she grumbled dryly,  “besides you lookin’ like an idiot.”

“On the contrary, Caddy, I’m lookin’ like someone who’s done his research.”  Archer gave the high collar of his purple jacket a victory pop and waggled his eyebrows.  “Y’see, hangin’ a couple chains off one shoulder for no reason other than decoration is trendin’ this year, and so’s the row of thirteen gigantic buttons that are too close together t’ be useful.  I’m pretty sure this jacket doesn’t even close, actually.”  He flashed her a proud, foolish, and not totally sober grin.

But Arcadia didn’t look convinced.  And she certainly didn’t look impressed.  “And the gears printed all over your shirt?  You’re telling me that gears are trendin’ with the cool kids?”

“Damn right!  Metallic shirts, white pants, colorful statement jackets, and let’s not forget the belt with the spikes that took forever to get through the pant loops.  Never let anyone tell you bein’ trendy is easy.”  He pointed to each part of his club worthy get up as he ran through the list.  “Ye really didn’t do your homework, did you?  I’m ashamed to say I’ve seen you in that dress before.”

She cocked her brow at him, giving him a look that threatened to shoot straight into his soul before she moved forward with the rest of the line.  “Archer, I’ve been comin’ here for ages.  I don’t need t’ be dyin’ my hair green like a leprechaun and dressin’ like a drunk unicorn threw up on me in order t’ prove that I belong - ”

“Hey, hey, hey!  Let’s get something straight.”  Brushing his fingers against his green-tipped, gel spiked hair, Archer wiped the resulting color on her cheek and tried not to laugh at the glare she gave him as she rubbed it off.  “It’s not dye, it’s chalk, and it’s a f-cking genius formula if I do say so m’self.  I’ve got the orange one in me pocket if ye - “

“No.”

“I was thinkin’ of rubbing it in m’ beard - ”

Absolutely not.”

“Arcadia, you’re bein’ a killjoy.”

She stomped forward in line, nearly bumping into the couple in front of them.  After muttering an apology to them, she gave Archer a shove when what she really wanted to do was beat on him.  “Because you’re just doin’ this to embarrass me and you know it!  When I suggested this adventure as a peace offerin’, no less.”

“Maybe.  But I’m here, aren’t I?”  Weathering her glare, Archer laughed and threw his arm around her shoulder, giving her a jostling squeeze.  “C’mon, Caddy.  We’re family in this life, right?  And if ye can’t embarrass family, what’s the point?”  

She rolled her eyes.  “If ye say so.”

He grinned.  “I do.  OH! And how about this?  When it gets hot in there?”  Archer shrugged off his jacket, putting the fact that he’d ripped the sleeves off the metallic t-shirt on display.  Flexing each of his upper arms in time with his words.  “Boom.  Pow.  Gun show, right?”  While he said it to be funny, it wasn’t totally a joke.  Archer had more muscle these days than he used to - even when he was on the potion like he was now he couldn’t totally hide the strength that came with being part of the kingdom.

Arcadia snorted, reaching out to give his arm a pinch and twist.  “Because these are so subtle?”  She was referring to what covered his upper arms.  Even though Archer had an incredibly talented artist needle the twelve rows of runes that circled each arm in black ink, there was no hiding that the markings were raised up because they were scars.  Ancient scars that were just as ancient as the runes.  Proof again that even one of Archer’s potions couldn’t hide everything.

“As if anyone will know who I am.”  He scoffed, shrugging his jacket back on.  “At any rate, weren’t you the one who insisted that I needed to get my damn head out of my beakers and get back to servin’ my whole purpose?”

Arcadia knew he was looking at her, it felt like he was trying to bore a hole into the side of her head in fact, but she kept her eyes focused ahead on the line as it moved forward.  That insistence of hers was the one that had started their most recent war.  “I did…”

“Aye, ye did.  Loudly.”  Echoed pointedly.  “So party in there, your master’s right here.”  Archer gestured to the open doors of the night club just ahead, adding a loose swagger in time to the rhythm of the music pumping out.  Playfully bumping Arcadia’s hip on every downbeat.  “If ye wanted me to be a different kind of life of the party, ye should have suggested the Great Hall.”

Soon as Archer said that, he regretted it.  Hip bumping stopped, his eyes met hers, and then they both looked away.  Cue the obligatory awkward silence that always passed between them whenever the topic of running into each other up there came up.  At least this time they were next in line at a nightclub, so the music helped to gloss over the tension.  These moments happened enough lately that they kept track of whose turn it was to break the ice again and keep them from drowning.

Today it was Arcadia’s.  The clearing of her throat drowned out by the bass beat.  “I think the nightclub will work fine.”

“Yup, just fine,” he quickly agreed. Slipping behind her, Archer took her by the shoulders and ushered her inside.  “Are you sure you don’t want the orange hair chalk?”

Yes.”
Archer Caughey
Archer Caughey

Number of posts : 136

Back to top Go down

Peace Treaty.  Or, The Caugheys Go Clubbing (Open Within Reason) Empty Re: Peace Treaty. Or, The Caugheys Go Clubbing (Open Within Reason)

Post by NotSuperman Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:04 am

Clark had been rather bored since he arrived here in this new world. Which was odd since Jade seemed to think that this place was the coolest thing to happen since Netflix picked up the rights to Supernatural. He'd tried with that show, he really had. All it left him with was some pretty conflicted feelings about one of the actors. While Clark had been bored, That was all different now. This place had a night club. What's more is that the nightclub here was absolutely filled with eager young minds, who were already befuddled with drugs and alcohol to really notice the effect that he was having on them.

Clark was a Sidhe, a Fae noble of the summer court. He had the ability to influence the thoughts of those around him, pressing memories into their minds with a touch. Now, normally some minds could catch such a slip. However, the minds in this club, lets just say that the best weapon in a Fae's arsenal is a drunk audience.

His influence was subtle, a number of small touches here and a few firmer suggestions there. He didn't need a whole lot when it came to drunk humans. All he needed to do was plant a seed, and watch it grow. Which is what he was doing, from his perch in the club's VIP section, safely obscured from the prying eyes of the humans. He watched with a bemused smile as he took a pull from the rolled cigarette in his hand as his seeds began to sprout.

It started with a few people who pushed up against each other more and more. their movements becoming more suggestive as the dances went on. More and more people went to the bar to get stronger and stronger drinks. It was some masterful work really. It wouldn't be long now until he would pull his glamour around himself once again and rejoin the party. It felt like a good day to strike some bargains.
NotSuperman
NotSuperman

Number of posts : 21

Back to top Go down

Peace Treaty.  Or, The Caugheys Go Clubbing (Open Within Reason) Empty Re: Peace Treaty. Or, The Caugheys Go Clubbing (Open Within Reason)

Post by Arcadia Caughey Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:29 pm

The pair that entered were a far cry from human, but upon sight they would seem harmless enough - unless one took Archer's choice of garb into account, and then one might be more inclined to use the word travesty.  In that way, Arcadia also stood out from the throng of women that were at the club tonight; the bastion of nature was not, nor would she ever be, a fashion plate. Her high-waisted dress of autumnal colors had traveled a greater distance with Arcadia than many traveled in their total lifetimes, as had her knee-high lace up boots that she'd worn for over a decade.  Between the hem of her skirt and the tops of her boots, black fishnets could be seen.  Her thick and wavy mop of indigo black hair was pinned up in a messy pile atop her head, and there wasn't a scrap of makeup on her face.

Then there was her youth to consider.  Ever since the accident at twenty years which had unlocked the ancient wellspring inside her, Arcadia hadn't aged a day.  Consider that Archer looked comfortably in his thirties, and add their Caughey blood resemblance to the pot, and it was easy to assume that maybe this was big brother taking baby sister on her first night clubbing. Ironic, since it was the other way around, but those appearances...deceiving.

Especially when Archer was pushing Arcadia through the crowd straight over to the bar. "A bottle of somethin' strong as sin, that's what the start of this night calls for." A few smacks of the counter and a charming smile was given to the first bartender who glanced in their direction.

Arcadia scoffed.  "Archer. To quote you earlier, if ye wanted that kind of party we should have gone to the Great Hall. Ye might as well be drinkin' water..."

He shot her a look for repeating his mistake of mentioning their life back on the rock. But two could play at that game. "The potion helps," he grumbled. "So will the fact it'll be - ah, good evenin', bonnie. A bottle of your strongest spirit.  No, just the strongest. That's me only rule.  And two shot glasses." He flashed his wan foolish grin at a leery Arcadia. "Because tonight we resurrect one of our oldest traditions."

The bottle had just been set in front of them, and already Arcadia was shaking her head. "No, no - "

"Oh yes." He cut in firmly, pouring the liquor to the brim of each glass. "This is a peace treaty night, remember? I agreed to the location, now you agree to this." He held up his shot glass, fixing her with an expectant look.  "Six rounds. You first."

There was no better word for the look in her eyes besides begging. "Ye only think this is a good idea, Archer, but it's a terrib - "

"You. First." He slid the shot glass over to her.

It was a shame the music drowned out her sigh, but she tried her best to convey it in a look.  Picking up the shot glass, she made her first toast of him simple. "You are the smartest I know."

She drank her shot, but Archer was laughing. "Playing it so safe, psh. Too safe." He knocked his shot back, refilling their glasses and raising his once more. His turn.  "Your apples are the most delicious thing I've ever tasted."

"Archer!"

"Would you rather I say they tasted like sh-t?" He smirked as he clinked his glass against hers, drinking his shot down.  

She wanted to call him an insufferable bastard, but this tradition of theirs didn't allow for it. It was hard for her to look him in the eyes and not think of the last time they'd done this, eons ago, a world away, and why they'd initially invented the game in the first place.  Just in case, they’d always said, just in case of calamity so even if they were separated they’d always know.  Calamity had struck, to be sure, and yet here they were.  Using what was once a touching tradition to apparently needle at each other’s discomfort with their past.  Arcadia squared her shoulders and gave him a stink eye that said she wasn’t about to be outdone.  "And ye have the most captivating singin' voice I’ve ever heard."

“Why thank you.”  The largess of his grin matched the over-exaggerated kindness of his tone.  He could do better. After taking his shot, he used the bar counter to lean closer.  "Never could the nature ye tend hold a candle to you."

“How right ye are.”  She tried to match his graciousness, but while he took his shot, she looked like she wanted to suck a lemon.  Or smack his face.  Or both.  Instead she drank, and looked him dead in the eye as channeled some sweetness, “Never could any man grow a beard that matches the glory of yours.”

“Oh you - ” He shook his head, wagging his finger at her as he took his shot.  Still shaking his head as he refilled their glasses.  They were taking shots at each other, yes, but by doing it they were also facing the long history that was behind them.  Something he felt they had to face, if they were ever going to get the elephant out of the room.  That’s why he went for gold, leaning over and whispering the last one in her ear.

“Shut your mouth!”  Arcadia shoved him away and shot him a look, but she was laughing.  Maybe it was the liquor, maybe it was the music, maybe it was the idiotic way he was dressed...or maybe enough time had finally passed.  Whatever the reason, after taking her last shot she added one more loving statement to the mix.  "And you’re a fantastic dancer."

She was grinning, and he grinned back.  "Liar. But hint taken.”  Archer grabbed the half empty bottle, gesturing to the crowd of people on the dance floor.  “Let's go."

If anyone who knew the Caughey’s got a load of just how freely they were dancing like no one was watching, they’d probably think they were dreaming.  But at the heart of it, Archer and Arcadia were just as silly as a pair of children when they actually dropped their walls of logic and stoicism respectively. It was just that more often than not those walls only dropped in each other's company and on occasions like now. For all they’d gone through, in this life and their former, and even when they were at their worst, there was no one that either trusted more than the other.  It was why they were brother and sister now, even if technically that wasn't the case.

Point is, that liquor and a couple minutes on the dance floor later, the Caugheys inner stupid was already peaking out. Did they notice anything strange? Not yet, they'd only just arrived.

Last edited by Arcadia Caughey on Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Arcadia Caughey
Arcadia Caughey

Number of posts : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by Serena Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:58 pm

She had to get out! She had only just got back but she needed to go. Somewhere! Anywhere was better then being stuck in her room after coming back from LA. Serena had spent to much time there, faded in the background just watching her old friends.  They seemed to be doing alright for themselves. None of the girls actually picked their powers, but even with the memory wipe that came with the choice they all managed to find each other and become friends again. Even Stanton, and all his yummy goodness, had wormed his way back into the group. One of the things she had watched them do was go clubbing. So that's what she was going to do! Serena remembered this place she had seen not to far off from the Tel. But first she needed to change! Jeans and her goddess t-shirt where just not gonna cut it!

Closet was ransacked until she found the perfect dress. It was this cute little off the shoulder black number. Long sleeves flared out to sheer material that hung around the palm of her hands and the bottom of the dress hung just above her knees. Now for shoes! Those were easy enough to find, she just had a simple pair of black 3 inch heels to ware with her dresses. It was those or combat boots and it defiantly was't a combat boot night.Quick change of her clothes before heading to the mirror. Curling iron was plugged in while Serena did her make-up. Little bit of eyeliner, little bit of dark blue eye shadow and just the right amount of lip glass was applied. Followed by a bit of body shimmer and she was good to go. Curling iron was hot, so the first little section of each side of her fiery hair was curled. Just enough to give it some bounce.  Remaining hair was brushed out and left to hang over her shoulders.  She gave herself the once over in the mirror and a little nod of her head. " Perfect."

She went to her window and pushed it open. Concentrating she felt the sensation of her molecules separating, soon she'd be invisible and able to fly to the club. Once she was fully invisible, Serena would float out the window towards the club.

It only took her a few moments to reach the club. Serena thought about landing and going in the normal way but why should she when she was already invisible? So over the heads of the people in line she went, pausing briefly to tousle one guys hair and then once more to tap the bouncer on the shoulder. She laughed to herself when he actually turned around and in the doors she floated. She searched for the woman's bathroom, once it was found she floated through the door when someone left. Checking to make sure no one was in there, Serena started to pull herself together forming in front of the mirror to make sure everything was still in order. An nod at herself in the mirror, green eyes already sparkling with the promise of a fun night. Flick of her fiery locks over her should and out of the bathroom she'd go. Once outside those green's would scan the place, looking to see where she wanted to head first. Dance floor? Drinks? Head was already bobbing a bit to the music so it wouldn't be long before she was on the dance floor. But maybe a drink first. So towards the bar she would start!
Serena
Serena

Number of posts : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Arman Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:40 pm

To sleep, perchance to dream -- ah, but to wake from the sleep of death was the rub, for there was no guarantee that resurrection would prove worthwhile. His had been a dreamless sleep, a listless existence that, for all its lackluster, demanded little enough that it was preferable to the burdensome, monotonous tedium of life. But death, such as it could be, would give him no respite. That his second venture into the world of the living since his return would thrust him into a den of vivacious froth was, at least, an irony which he could appreciate.

He ignored the line, and the bouncer manning the entrance to the club had as well as ignored him. Very few ever denied him entry when he wished it, and fewer still ever realized they never had the choice to even entertain the notion of denial, or permission, in the first place. There were exceptions, of course, but tonight, everything was just right. All was in its proper balance. The stage was set, and all the cast who mattered were in their places. His place was inside, and that, naturally, went without question. Balance.

Black was his customary choice in clothing, but tonight demanded a touch more visceral statement. He chose to wear a dark red silk suit, precisely tailored, with matching leather shoes, but a black silk vest beneath the jacket, and his shirt, tie, and pocket square to match the vest. A platinum ring crested with a single ruby adorned his right index finger, complementing the matching watch worn on his left wrist.  Medium length black hair was worn pushed back, and not a single strand was out of place. He moved with a fluid grace and quiet precision from the entrance to the bar, avoiding contact with any of the club's patrons while never breaking stride to sidestep anyone.

A flashy young man stood at the bar, a younger girl hanging on to his words with wide eyes while he explained why she should try the drink he had ordered for her, sure that she would appreciate his experienced and refined palate. Neither of them would learn whether his confident guess had hit the mark. Stopping just short of the couple, Arman waited a moment until the young man turned to face him. Steady steel grey eyes met the younger man's dancing bright blue eyes. The young man tried to hold his gaze steady, and found himself darting his eyes back and forth between Arman and the younger girl before settling them on the door to the parking lot. After a glance from Arman, the girl stepped around him to follow her date, who had abandoned both his drinks and his date, and was already walking away.

With a space cleared for him, Arman leaned an elbow against the bar top, and turned to face the dance floor, where his attention was arrested by a couple, brother and sister by all appearances. The man, in particular, held his interest. Against that particular man, everyone else hardly mattered, except for the woman with him who elicited a frown from Arman. Well, it was a well-known maxim to expect the unexpected. That thought did little, however, to improve the suddenly acrid atmosphere that turned his mind to analyzing his options while he resigned himself to wait at the bar. It remained to be seen whether he did, in fact, have a choice in the next move.
Arman
Arman

Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by NotSuperman Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:18 am

Clark lounged within his small little VIP area, Watching the goings on within his small little cloud of marijuana smoke. He was rather enjoying watching his fun unfold before him. This was really was part of his fun. Humans were fascinating things, he'd thought so for ever. Even before he had made his choice as a changeling.

There was not a whole lot going on. Which really made it all incredibly boring, He pet a hand up the leg of a waitress as she came over with more alcohol for him. enticing her to send a few of her friends over to chat with him. Perhaps he had a few more unsavory thoughts up in that mind of hers. with a swat to her bottom he sent her away. Eyes watching the man at the bar who, definitely had influenced a pair of his toys into moving off. "Well... that's interesting..."

He took a long pull from the tightly rolled joint in his hand and sat forward. waiting until the waitress returned with a pair of new women. He gave them his best charming smile and pressed a kiss to the back of each of their hands. before sending them off with thoughts about the incredibly devilishly handsome man at the bar. Clark put out his joint and picked up his cup, bringing it to his lips with for a sip as he watched... and waited.
NotSuperman
NotSuperman

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Caughey Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:55 pm

You’d think between the pair of them, Archer would be the one to start flashing his inner stupid like a neon sign.  The setting, the shots, and a couple songs on the dance floor set the stage otherwise, however, and it was Arcadia.  

“No, no, NO - you get your eyes off her, Caddy, you promised.”  In exceptional time with the beat Archer slipped his free arm around Arcadia’s waist from behind and spun her around onto his back where he dropped her.  Smooth dance move, but it really wasn’t about that for him.  Strong move, he’d lifted and maneuvered her like she weighed no more than a watermelon, but it wasn’t about that for Archer either.  She’d promised not to make this a hunting trip, and that’s what this was about.  Holding her to that promise.

Even if now she was smacking him from behind.  “Don’t you fling me about like a sack o’ potatoes!”  Arcadia’s indignance rang clear over the music while Archer casually took a drink from the bottle still in his hand.  “There’s nothin’ wrong with lookin’.”

He turned around, which landed Arcadia’s last smack on his cheek rather than the back of his head.  “Ow, Vampirilla!  It’s called dancin’?  I thought that’s why we’re here.”  Instead of smacking her back, his free hand captured hers to give her a spin.  To get back to the dancing.  “We’re not here for you to hunt, however, and you’re full of sh-t if you try to tell me that those dark and steamy eyes ye were givin’ that lass wasn’t goin’ to end up with her veins spillin’ like a waterfall.”

Arcadia huffed.  “She would have enjoyed it - ”

“No doubt, my slutty darlin’.”  Archer grinned at the smoldering glare she shot him.  “But the night’s not about her, is it?”

“But...I…no, it’s about us.” His words had struck the guilt cord, and Arcadia was trying to hide her shamefacedness by puffing out her slightly reddened cheeks like a chipmunk.  But then a sudden ah-ha sparkle came into her eye, and she leaned into Archer with a big wicked grin.  “But she could be for us…”  Arcadia’s fingers ducked to pull a thin vial from her boot and she tapped the infamous potion within against his chest.  “Ye could always take this, and then we could both have a bit o’ fun with her together!”

What.”  Archer shook his head, his free hand moving to peel Arcadia off of him and get her to stand straight.  “You’re drunk.  You want us to share - ” More head shaking, and he repeated,  “You’re drunk.  Besides I’m already on that potion for an actual reason, remember?  Those of us who’ve actually opened up their mighty channel would like to not stick out like a hulkin’ seven foot thumb, thanks.  Does that have your blood in it yet?” A nod at down at the vial.

His last question interrupted her incoming complaint, and instead Arcadia looked up at him with a furrowed brow.  “No, wh - ”

“Good.  I’m confiscatin’ it.”  A good potion was a terrible thing to waste.  Especially this one that Archer had to use every time he came down to Rhy’din so his secret could stay secret.  Plucking it out of her hand, with a sly maneuver of his arm he flashed her his open palm a moment later with a grin.  Drunk sleight-of-hand for the win.

Except Arcadia didn’t look impressed.  “Ye obviously put it in one of your pockets.”

He laughed, shifting his spot on the dance floor to give her hip a bump.  Trying to keep this night lighthearted.  “Hate me and not the magic, Caddy.”  Archer took a long swig from the bottle, liquid courage for his next offer.  His turn for some inner stupid to come out.  “If you want to break a vein, break mine.”

It wasn’t something that Archer had ever willingly offered, so Arcadia was stunned.  “What?  Now who’s drunk?”

“Peace treaty night, right?”  Said with a shrug.  “I just don’t want your bloody appetite gettin’ in the way of our fun.”
Archer Caughey
Archer Caughey

Back to top Go down

Post by Serena Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:47 pm

As Serena made her way to the bar, hips swaying in time to the music with each step she took, those greens were looking around the club. There were some alright people there tonight, some might have caught her eye if that was what she here for. But no tonight was just a night of fun, maybe she'd meet some new people. Maybe she'd sit at the bar all night and drink. Or maybe, just maybe she'd show off some of her moves on the dance floor. Greens caught sight of the apparent brother/sister or whatever relation they are to each other, pausing for a moment to watch their moves. Maybe it was a moment too long, because she was bumped into by the couple that had been dancing next to her. She gave a little hip bump back to the girl and started back on her way to the bar.

When she finally got to the bar, a drunken fool was leaving a spot just a bit down from the man in a suit. Who the hell wears a suit to a club? Anyway, greens caught the bartenders eyes and she smiled as they made their way to her. "Mai Tai, please." She had plans on at least one mixed drink to get her party started.

Once her drink was served Serena would take hold of the glass, bring it to her lips for a quick sip before turning around in her seat. Form would lean against the counter, legs crossing at her ankles. Those green eyes glancing around at the people on the dance floor yet again. Taking sips from her drink from time to time as she just people watched for the moment. Sometimes that was one of the best things to do at a club.  
Serena
Serena

Number of posts : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Arman Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:43 pm

Dancing, the most eloquent form of communication, a poetry of grace and beauty set to music, was a thing Arman made a point to avoid. Dancing was speaking without a filter, baring oneself to, at the very least, one's partner, and, most dangerously, to the world. Arman was sparing with his words, lately, at least, though lately was hardly appropriate to his situation. In that way, dance was the perfect backdrop for his renaissance. He wore guarded disappointment in his look, watching Arcadia and Archer as they moved with one another, conspiring on the dance floor for all the world to see. His discontent fell into a frown when two women slipped through the crowd at the bar to steal his attention.  

“I'm Giselle.” She clearly had her sights set on him, brazenly staring at him, matching his cool gaze with her own fiery one. Blonde hair that had bleached too often fell back over her shoulders as she shook her head, grinning at him. She hooked a long red fingernail under his lapel, and tilted her head to the brunette slipping between him and the woman seated beside him at the bar. “This is--”

“I'm whoever you want me to be,” the brunette purred. She ran a finger pointedly along her neck, across her collarbone, and down the plunging neckline of her blouse that exposed two small breasts pushed up by an ostentatiously padded bra.

Arman took in a deep, measured breath, and looked back onto the dance floor at Arcadia and Archer. He turned back to Giselle and her friend with a smile.

“Giselle, how lovely to meet you,” he said. His voice was smooth, like honey, and deep, smoky. While he spoke, he turned his attention to her friend, and reached forward to take the brunette's finger between his, deftly wrapping his fingers between hers until she held his index finger. Guiding her hand, he slipped his finger into her mouth.

“It's not who I want you to be, my dear.” His smile curled into a grin, and his eyes narrowed. “It's what. It's what I want you both to be, and what I want you to do.” Arman shifted his eyes back to Giselle, held hers in a steady gaze, and lifted an eyebrow, waiting expectantly.

Giselle grinned, eager to please, to show off. Right there at the bar, she dropped to her knees in front of him, drawing her fingernail down the center of his jacket, stopping it at the zipper of his pants. She nuzzled up into the hand that Arman had brought down to run through her hair before petting her head. She leaned forward. “What do you want me to do,” she murmured, her lips brushing his pant leg.

Arman smoothly knelt until his face was level with Giselle's, urging her friend to do the same by pulling down on her jaw with the finger still in her mouth. “I want you both to meet some very good friends of mine. I want you to be just as friendly to them as you have been to me. More friendly. Don't let them put you off. They're shy, you see.”

He slipped a hand up to slip through Giselle's hair, caressing her neck, and tracing his thumb along the edge of her ear. “And I want you to give the gentleman this.” He handed her a card.

Arman Asinius

Only his name, in scarlet, was on the card.

He slipped his finger from the brunette's lips, wiped it on the exposed flesh between the deep folds of her blouse, and took both women by the shoulder to guide them back upright, and to turn them toward Archer and Arcadia. “Those two, there, dancing together. You see them.” He knew they saw them because he allowed them to see no one else. He was, after all, giving them their heart's desires, after a fashion. Temptation was his art. “Go, have fun.”

With a quickly slipping smile, his move made, Arman turned to the bar and ordered a drink.
Arman
Arman

Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by NotSuperman Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:22 am

Clark watched with rapt fascination as the interesting man sent his toys off to go play with someone else..." He leaned forward against the railing, watching as the girl walked over." huh..." He snapped his fingers and pulled the attention the waitress back to him. When she approched he wrapped an arm around her waist, brushing figners over her skin. "Now, I need three more, two girls... and a man... go. Quick, like a bunny." he gave her bottom a swat and finished his drink, leaning forward over the railing as the interesting man pointed off towards another couple. crossing his arms over the railing he gave a grin just as the waitress approached with the people he asked for.

"Thank you dear..." he gave a brilliant smile to the woman the other young partiers lit up at the sight of his smile. He reached up and took one by the chin. They'd been old friends. Clark was just the best, she'd do anything for Clark..." A friend of mine down there is carrying a business card. " he pointed at the girl making her way through the crowd. " I want it... won't you go and get it for me?" She smiled and moved off, which is when clark turned his attention to the man. A friendly pat on the shoulder reassured the man that clark was like a brother to him. Definitely worthy of asking for a favor. " Go with the other one, distract the girl's friend. " He gave the man a winning smile. Lastly Clark turned his attention to the third person. she got a pet to the cheek and some fond memories of an incredible night and warm thoughts of Clark. " There's a couple dancing there, " He again pointed to the couple in question. Go and introduce yourself... see if they'd dance with you."

Clark nodded as his newest toy ran off to follow its windup task. that charming smile was given to his waitress then."You know what sounds good? Onion Rings..." and she was off to get them. Clark returned to his seat, protected by a veil of shadows on an upper level. Watching the goings on below. This was definitely shaping up to be a whole lot more fun then he initially anticipated.
NotSuperman
NotSuperman

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Caughey Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:36 am

The offering of Archer's neck had been tabled, for now.  The pair of them decided it was...no need to work through all their issues in one night, was there?  So they stuck to dancing.  The longer they were out there, the more Archer loosened up. Not like the stuffy nerd tries a new dance move loosens up, more like when the guy keeping half of himself locked up lets that side out loosens up.  The way he could move was impressive. The way he could anticipate the right moments in songs he'd never heard before to spin or flip Arcadia was instinct.  Made sense, considering music was math, patterns, and progressions.  While he'd been stubbornly insisting otherwise, this side of Archer wasn't separate or lesser than the scientist and strategist - it all came from the same gifts, and music and lyric were built into him like bones and blood.

The more he relaxed, the more that part of him enhanced the vibe, especially for those directly around them.  His good time was literally contagious - that pure, natural high of community and celebration that most mortal parties only achieved for a few precious minutes before someone did something that made it all unravel.  When Archer was at the party, though?  Unless calamity struck, people were able to ride that life of the party like a wave that wouldn't crash to shore until the celebration had reached its happy ending.

No wonder the kingdom had wanted him back.  No wonder he couldn't leave the Great Hall after a meal without hearing someone yell, "Just one song!"  Through music he lifted people up, and though he was fighting it back on the rock, it was important work in its own right.

So no wonder Arcadia was ecstatic. Seeing this side of him free again, it was exactly why she'd brought him here.  It was the first time he’d let his life of the party energy fly since they'd reunited in this life, and basking in it with him lit a smile on her face that shone brighter than the radiance that lived inside her.  For a moment, a precious, perfect moment, it was like time stopped and they were exactly who they once were.

And then Archer had to stick his goofy face in it by inventing some tongue-in-cheek lyrics that fit the thump of the bass. "Can this be called mu-u-sic?  Or is it just a be-e-eat? Is a synth an in-stru-ment, or is it just a ma-chi-i-ine?"  It was a joke sung for her benefit, but these days Archer couldn’t pull the power from his singing if he tried.  The music in here was loud, and yet...his voice naturally cut through that volume to blend right into the song without the assistance of a mic or speaker.  As if his voice was part of the music all along.

Arcadia pursed her lips, trying to bite back a grin.  "Bein' a bit of a purist, aren't you?"

Archer scoffed.  "Do you deign to use any of Donald's fancy equipment yet at the clinic?"

"No."  Shot back at him with a tart stink-eye.  

"Ha!  Then who-o-o's the purist no-ow?  Break it down.”  Archer grabbed both her hands, leading Arcadia through some pretty fast and fierce moves.  Which didn’t in the least effect his ability to gloat balladeer style, “Looks like I closed my ca-a-ase. Time to rub it, rub it in your fa-a-ace."

She wanted to smack him. She really did. But instead she was laughing.  Because just by being himself, Archer was all the best parts of a celebration and it really was catching.  "Far cry from the sweet things ye used to sing to me..."

He grinned.  Spinning her out, he pulled her back in and swept her under his lifted arm with ease.  "Different songs for different ti-i-imes."  For him putting sung words to this beat was no different than speaking.  He could keep this up all night.

Popping out from the dip under his arm, she slipped behind him with a playful bump and popped up onto the tips of her toes to tease over his shoulder. "I just hope ye still know how t' sing them, for Kelda's - "  Arcadia’s thought was halted in midstream, thanks to the sudden appearance of an attractive redhead standing in front of her and Archer.

“I’m Juliette!”  The woman spoke like she was out of breath, her smile so wide one might wonder if it was in danger of cracking right off the sides of her face.  “I hope you don’t mind - it’s just that - your dancing, it’s so good, I saw it all the way from up there!”  The woman pointed to the general balcony area where she’d come from, drawing two sets of Caughey eyes briefly up in that direction before those pairs of eyes turned back to the woman with mirroring brow-raised looks.  Standing one just behind the other as they were, the Caughey comedic timing was completely unplanned and unintended, but typical when the pair of them were in synch.  

“Aye?” There was a bit of a smile on Archer’s face, but no surprise.  He starts to let his ‘rock star of the rock’ side of himself out, and here’s a moth drawn to the flame.  He was making a par for the course style assumption.  

“Well I just wondered - I hope you don’t mind - if I joined both of you?”  A big flush added to her breathlessness.  Clearly approaching a couple wasn’t something she did on a normal day, but...when it came to these two, she just had to.

And Arcadia was hearing the dinner bell.  One of her sly, knowing smiles was directed at their guest, the sort of smile that would keep the truth of her teeth a secret.  For now.  Sliding around Archer, she snared the woman’s attention in the deep sea of her violet eyes, the tendrils of her invisible wind carrying her purred words straight into Juliette’s ears so they wouldn’t be lost in the din.  “We’d love t’ see where your company leads.”

“Caddy…” Archer shot her a warning look.  

Archer…” The whine in Arcadia’s voice was unmistakable.  Her sulking heavily weighting in her expression as she turned her pleading eyes on him.  It was likely no accident that their power was still there, those thrall-laden eyes digging little hooks into him to lure him to her point of view.  “She wants to dance with both of us.  An' she and I can’t dance without the life of the party...”

He wasn’t a fool.  He knew what she was doing.  He could feel the tug of it, and knew he couldn’t look away from her even if he wanted to.  And yet, he was smiling.  She’d gotten him to a place tonight where he was comfortable in his own skin for a change, and it showed.  “Fine.  But you lead.”  Far as he was concerned, this female was in Arcadia’s care.  So when the song switched over and Arcadia’s undulating dance moves rolled right up against the woman without fear or apology, Archer’s participation would keep on playful side instead of suggestive.

The dancing duo was now a trio.  
Archer Caughey
Archer Caughey

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcadia Caughey Fri May 19, 2017 4:49 pm

((Was way lazy posting the finish to this...tee hee))

CLARK:  Clark leaned back and observed his handiwork.  Leaning on his elbows which were crossed on the railing in front of him.  It was fascinating to see the two interact with his little doll.  Oh, and then they started dancing.  That was definitely interesting. He took a long drag on his joint. “Five more..." he said simply. Pausing his smoking to cannonball an entire pint of beer.  When his targets were escorted in. He leaned in and whispered sweet nothings that enticed him.  He moved then motioning a few more up. And eventually down below Arcadia and Archer begin to notice that the dancing had gotten significantly more suggestive.

ARCADIA/ARCHER:  It'd be Archer who'd notice the whole shift in the dance style first.  Of course he'd be the first one - he was the one among the pair of them who was trying to keep this innocent.  Which even without Clark's help would have been a tall order, because what was transpiring between Arcadia and Juliette was pretty much typical when Arcadia was moving with a female in a club setting when she was hungry.  So Clark would get treated to quite an unabashed show from the indigo-haired goddess, who had slid her hand around his doll's waist and was rocking and swaying against her.  Archer was behind Juliette on the other side, a raised brow watching Arcadia when he saw a couple just behind her...really get into the intimate part of dancing.  That's when Archer’s blue eyes started taking notice, looking around their immediate area to see another incident of that, and another, and another... "Arcadia....?  Arcadia I hate t' be a buzz kill, but if ye thought that bringin' me to a large orgy was a smart way t' help us to work through - hey! o! there, guy...don't swing that way, nope...thanks."  Said as Archer had jumped when a forward guy had grabbed his bottom.  "Can't it wait just a minute,"  Arcadia growled, a growl which her wind carried right into his ear, as she took a deep breath of the lass' neck.  She didn't look away from the woman, not yet.

CLARK:  Clark couldn't help the laugh, seeing the man get confused. And then harassed.  In fact the next three people Clark sent out were tasked with  messing with the man. He was interested now, he wanted to see how much he could push before the man broke. And it wouldn't be difficult. Given his vantage point, he could watch this all day, it was like watching cable TV on all of the channels at the same time.

ARCADIA/ARCHER:  At this point Archer wasn't moving to the music.  He was moving in response to the movements of the people around them, shifting and stepping to avoid getting rubbed up on or groped or anything else.  He had no idea where this was going, but he was pretty sure it was going to put the two of them in a situation that they'd deeply regret, so he didn't feel an ounce of remorse when his fingers interlaced with Juliette's and he swept her arm up and over to spin her behind him and out of Arcadia's reach.  "No," he said firmly in spite of Arcadia’s glare of irritation.  His hands on her shoulders next, ignoring Juliette to spin Arcadia around to see what he was seeing.  "It can't."  Arcadia was about to mouth off at him, but her words died on her tongue as she watched the people around them grinding on each other like they were trying to rub their clothes right off.  "I...what?"  She looked totally stunned, and it took one of the latest of Clark's puppets looking to get liberal with them to spark her to action.  Her tendrils of wind pushing firmly outward, making everyone within a four foot radius of Archer and Arcadia stumble back.  Where, despite the fact they were infatuated flirt zombies that were trying to advance on the two of them again, they would remain as the tendrils of her invisible wind had woven together to create a protective space around them.

CLARK:  Well, that was certainly an impressive trick. It made the Sidhe glad that he took an interest. Clark couldn't help the chuckle that escaped his lips he picked up his cell phone and dialed in a new song. It would take a while, and it would switch over after the current song ended. He finished his smoke and snuffed it out. Standing and leaning against the railing.  Watching the crowd beneath him. The crowd didn't really seem phased, while they couldn’t' get through Arcadia’s barrier, they continued dancing, drinking and having what may have been too good of a time. When the song switched over Clark really hoped that his new friends liked it as Johnny Cash's Ring of Fire began playing through the club speakers.

ARCADIA/ARCHER:  Now that Arcadia's wind barrier was fending the pack off, Arcadia and Archer were just...staring, for a minute or two.  Each of them turning around - in opposite directions but at the same pace, how unplanned yet adorable - to drink in the strange scene with the shock plain on their faces.  When they were face to face again, Archer had to ask.  "So this isn't - " Arcadia shook her head, not even needing him to finish his sentence.  "No.  Not like this."  Archer rolled his eyes, taking her by the shoulder and leading her off the dance floor.  "Great.  If this is some divine callin' sh-t again, I'm not leavin' Asgard for a year."  Because he'd already had enough divine calling sh-t over the past few weeks to last him a year.  Archer couldn't hear it over the music, but Arcadia scoffed.  "Archer, there's no need t' be overdrama - " That's when Johnny Cash came over the speakers.  The two of them exchanged a look - Archer's look was a classic 'I told you so' and Arcadia's look was, 'Fine, fine you're right'.  Without anything more exchanged than that, they made their way over to the bar area so they could have a good look at the space at large, the two of them slowly scrutinizing the assembled people to see if they could find the source of the disruption.

CLARK:  Clark smiled like a great big kid on his birthday when they started to make their way to the bar. When he saw that they were working their way towards it, Clark dashed from his darkened VIP area, pulling a glamour over himself on his way to the bar, When Arcadia and Archer arrived at the bar they'd find Clark posing as the bartender busying himself with a rare moment of quiet, as the patrons were too busy fooling around and or dancing to need anything to drink.  He watched their discerning eyes with a bit of a grin, one that faded as he stepped forward. "What'll you have?"

ARCADIA/ARCHER:  Once they were off the dance floor and safely set aside from the throng of people who were clearly looking to get far too friendly with one another despite the strange choice of music, Arcadia released her wind from its duty and the shield dropped.  There was a second reason for that.  She sent the invisible tendrils out over a specific part of the crowd, much like a boomerang, to see what sort of scents it brought back to her nostrils.  She was attempting to sniff out if anyone stood out from the crowd.  Violet eyes intently watching the area she'd asked her breeze to do her bidding, it was Archer who turned his eyes to Clark first, but only after the man spoke.  Blue eyes meeting Clark's.  "Ye don't have anythin' nearly strong enough for this, mate."  He received an elbow from Arcadia for that comment, her brow arching at him with a silent chiding before she turned to face the bar and speak.  "Red wine.  And a double of scotch."

CLARK:  "You'd be surprised..." He said with a pleasant if not dazzlingly handsome grin.  One he carried over to Arcadia who god a nod. "coming right up. " He gave her cleavage a glance before turning around to seek out the red wines. It took him a moment to find it. The scotch was easy.  He even went to the top shelf to grab the bottle. Arcadia's wine was poured into a white wine glass, and the scotch poured into a Collins glass. Sh-t he didn't know any better, he wasn’t actually a bartender. He placed the cups down between then and gave another smile. "Do you have any requests?"

ARCADIA/ARCHER:  The dazzlingly handsome dude thing didn't work on Archer, whose only foray into the gay experience was both birthed and put to bed by Lucas.  Which was totally okay with the genius.  He would have told Clark that he would have been the one who was surprised, but the elbow Arcadia gave him made him stop short.  "Thanks."  Said as he took the scotch, automatically going for his wallet to throw some bills on the bar.  He assumed, you know, that he would be the one paying.  As for Arcadia, those old and observant eyes caught Clark scoping out her rack and her brow lifted even higher than it had at Archer.  "Aye.  Each time ye have a look at m' chest, my drink is on your tab."  Said as she pulled a few bills back from what Archer dropped on the bar, stuffing them into Archer’s pocket.  Attention turned to her wine glass - that Clark had served her from an incorrect glass was noted, her violet eyes having a look at the available glassware behind the bar right quick before going back to him. She’d been a bartender for a couple years when she first came to Rhy’din, so she knew full well what mistakes he was making.  "New t' the bar staff?"  She took a sip as she awaited his answer.

CLARK:  "Well, you'll be drinking for free then." He said with another glance, his grin this time was mischievous. "Because they are well worth looking at." Clark scooped the money off the bar, putting it somewhere underneath the bar. He'd let someone else handle that, not like he was actually going to keep it. “Yeah, it’s my first night here. Still uh, getting a feel for the place." He glanced around and picked up a towel, wiping something aimlessly, bartenders did that didn't they? When Johnny Cash was finished he  picked up his phone, tapped a few things, and a scene appropriate song began to play. To which the crowd reacted most favorably. "The sound system has an app, lets you request songs for a dollar." By way of explanation.

ARCADIA/ARCHER:  That retort Clark made to Arcadia had Archer nearly choking on his scotch.  "Nope."  Look at him, already fishing those bills right back out of his pocket as he shook his head while he swallowed with a cough.  "That's my - she's - nope."  God damn complicated past history and his stupid awkward reactions.  But Archer just...yeah, he couldn't help it and the full sum of money was plopped back on the bar as he polished off another drink.  "Another, please."  As the song switched, Archer made the mistake of glancing at the dance floor and he grimaced.  Arcadia's eyes remained on Clark.  A slight smirk twisting her lips as those intense violet eyes watched him with a cryptically knowing look.  "Unfortunate first night, then, considering the heavy amount of pettin' that’s runnin' rampant tonight."  Her first attempt at sending out her wind over the dance floor had garnered nothing, but now she drifted her wind through the bar area to see what scents would come to her nostril now.  "An....?"  Her brow knitted slightly when he started talking about apps, it took her a minute to realize he was talking about something to do with the phone in his hand.  "Oh, aye?  How modern."  She'd never touched one of those devices in her life, and had no plans to.

CLARK:  Clark filled Archer's glass again. "Well, he can pay for your drinks, but I'm still going to look." And Clark was honest about that sort of thing. Even while playing a role like he was now. He cocked a brow at her comment about it being unfortunate. He never really thought that it'd been unfortunate.  But then again this was his element. "I suppose so, I thought to see it on the bright side.  At least people seem to be having a good time." The benefit of him having spread his fae power all over the club was that, while she could sense that there was something hinky afoot, she couldn’t really peg that on him.

ARCADIA/ARCHER:  "Then he's not payin' for m' drinks."  Was asserted as Arcadia shoved the money back at Archer again, Clark receiving a rather tart look from the female Caughey, though his latter words drew another one of her cryptic little smiles.  One that displayed no teeth, one should note.  "Aye, no doubt.  It's just the funny thing is that I’m here instigatin' this sort o' good time often, and they make me take my interests into a private room to keep it off the main floor."  The only thing saving Clark from getting this potentially pegged on him as a suspect was the sheer number of bodies in the area - otherwise she'd be able to smell his scent, and she knew the fae scent well.  Even so, there was an air of mischief in her smile as her gaze turned suggestive.  Leaning forward on the counter in a fashion that would treat him to an even better view of what he was apparently so interested in.  "Pity, that ye can't come with me onto the floor then t' take advantage of the occasion."  Archer was keeping himself busy shaking his head and with his drink.  Really busy.  The sort of busy that emptied the glass already.  He knew what Arcadia was doing - she'd told him, in fact, with a message to his mind while she was chatting up the bartender.  It didn't mean he had to like it, though.  So playing the part of not liking it - which is what she'd mentally asked him to do - was not a hard part to play.  

CLARK:  Clark chuckled at that picking up a glass to clean it.  Shaking his head to buy himself a few seconds to come up with a response. "Yeah, there was some of that happening in the VIP area earlier." Remembering back to the start of his night.  Another smile spreading on his lips. "Yeah, that's a real shame...If only there were another person who worked here. Oh, wait... " He glanced around.  Snapping his fingers, the one he'd had as his servant for the evening came over to him. The man got a pat on the back. "Hey, cover for me... I'm going to go and get a dance on."

ARCADIA/ARCHER:  While he chuckled and cleaned his glass, Arcadia's violet eyes lingered comfortably and patiently on him as if she had all the time in the world, and she leaned her cheek on her hand to emphasize that fact.  "Pity I missed it," she mused with a wry little smirk, "you'll have t' do a reenactment for me."  As far as could be told, Arcadia turned her attention to Archer, tucking his money back into his coat pocket as her violet eyes met his. "Don't get into trouble without me, aye?"  Archer was already flagging down Clark's replacement to get a refill, giving Arcadia a dry look.  "Between the two of us, me?  Really?  Thanks, mate.  Leave the bottle."  And Archer would throw that money on the counter for a final time in order to purchase said bottle.  In truth, while the Caugheys were having that exchange Arcadia was taking note of the one who was replacing Clark behind the counter.  Turning towards Clark again, there was expectation in her eyes as she moved a few steps back from the bar, awaiting him to follow.  She had uncanny skill when it came to moving into and through a crowd backwards, leaning into her preternatural senses to know where to step and where not to step.  A fluid, easy swagger coming into her hips in time to the music.

CLARK:  Clark met up with Arcadia, giving her a grin. "Maybe, if you're into it..." he rolled his shoulders and limbered up some as he walked up to Arcadia, falling into step beside her.  He came through along with her, holding her gaze as he moved through the crowd.   He wasn't as good as she was at crowd surfing but he could keep up.  He could also keep up appearances. Ge did take advantage of the people he did touch though, more suggestions. It was getting hot in here wasn't it? Did they really need all these clothes? Among a few other thoughts he planted in people.

ARCADIA/ARCHER:  Aww, look.  Clark was stretching.  Arcadia tempered her grin, but she didn't hide the fact that she was biting one back as she watched him follow after her.  As they left Archer behind, she sent forth a bit of her wind to wrap around his neck and toy with his hair, her strange way of telling him to stay vigilant.  And Archer was going to, with that nice bottle of scotch he'd just purchased, while he chatted up the guy behind the bar about Clark.  Asking a couple of harmless questions that would seem like small talk.  Violet eyes keeping on Clark, as he followed her lead Arcadia's movements got a bit more pronounced, an easier, freer sway to the beat that was unquestionably as suggestive as a lot of what was happening on the dance floor at the moment.  They were near the center of the crowd by the time she changed her course of movement, her motions rocking next to and then around back of him as she swiftly moved her body with impressive skill.  Pausing perfectly over his shoulder to murmur in his ear, "Ye never told me your name, laddy."  A nice breath of him inhaled through her nostrils while they were close.  To get a read on his scent.

CLARK:  Clark was a Sidhe, and even before that was a man who enjoyed his entertainment. He danced along with her.  His body moving along with her own, Though he didn't  actually touch her. They'd just met after all and she wasn't stupid so he wasn't going to press his luck anymore then he already had.  Her question drew a smile from his lips. "You can call me Kent." Which was totally true, Kent was absolutely a male name in common use, could totally be his first name.  Unfortunately. he couldn't lie to her if she asked for that.  With that said he turned to face her. That grin still present. "What can I call you aside from gorgeous?"  Cheesy lines like that usually got at least a chuckle.

((TBC))
Arcadia Caughey
Arcadia Caughey

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcadia Caughey Fri May 19, 2017 5:11 pm

ARCADIA/ARCHER: she didn't touch him either, but she had an uncanny skill of knowing just how close to get to him, and just how to respond to his movements, in order to dance impossibly close to him without them brushing against each other once. with such proximity, however, what clark would feel brushing against him was her wind. just because it was invisible didn't mean it couldn't be felt, and in its relaxed state it would feel no different than a brush of fingers or a hand - when her own hands were clearly not the ones causing the sensation. "i could call y' anythin', really, that's not what i asked is it?" it was in moments like that where you could really see how arcadia and archer were related - so very pragmatic and clever, the pair of them. "so by the same token, there's no need t' call me anythin' other than gorgeous." she winked her brow at him in a saucy fashion before doing a nice suggestive spin which included a sultry flip of her hair. she came to this club often, like she said, and she could really move when she put her mind to it. as for archer...no need for clark to worry about him and what he was doing, right? right.

CLARK: Clark's eyes joined his smile feeling her hands touching without touching. He knew it! He freaking knew it! It felt good to be right about something. She definitely wasn't a vanilla human. This could get real fun. "No, you see Kent is what's on my driver's license... I wasn't trying to be cute" Now wouldn’t she feel silly about that little jab. “Though, I'm fine still calling you gorgeous." He said with a grin, dancing after her, Clark was a Sidhe, grace was woven into his very bones. He did however keep his abilities to himself at the moment. Just because she wasn't vanilla doesn't mean to know that he wasn't.

ARCADIA/ARCHER: poor arcadia, who wasn't trying to make it seem like she was intending to feel him up. the wind that surrounded her was simply part of her aura, ever moving, and that was that. however, she wasn't a lass who felt silly often. in fact, clark was treated to one of her wry little smirks - she'd still yet to give him a smile that showed any teeth. "good. because i don't have a driver's license." or any other form of identification for that matter, arcadia had always kept outside such things and barely ever even carried money on her person. "so if that's what determines a name these days m' afraid i don't have one." as they danced, arcadia didn't even cast a glance in archer's direction, her violet eyes only falling on him when her moves happened to put him in her line of sight. she didn't want to draw clark's attention to him. but she had seen Archer deep in conversation with the bartender - and she'd also taken note of the fact that Archer had abandoned his glass and was drinking straight from the bottle. "did ye tend at another club before comin' here?" the question was asked of kent quite suddenly. on purpose.

CLARK: "Well that makes sense... " As if her not having one was perfectly reasonable. But then again, for all he knew she could fly or some sh-t. He danced along with her still. Moving complimentarily to her own movements. Hell, her wind actually made that easier for him. Moving along with her as it did. "Hm? No, never tended a bar before." Conversational tone and everything. Clark was a cool cat completely at his ease. "Do you come here often?"

ARCADIA/ARCHER: "oh?" she was used to people sticking their nose in where it didn't belong, when it came to her tendencies to not participate in the normal rituals and rules of modern society. she truly didn't understand why folks found such things so glorious and necessary, she'd lived near a hundred years in this lifetime without bothering with any of it. his latter question nearly drew a grin out of her, but she tempered it to a smirk. "aye, as i told you. the staff normally makes me scuttle off into a private room t' get away with what's goin' on out in the open on the dance floor tonight." her words timed perfectly with the first time arcadia brushed her body against his - a wagging move around the side of him that touched her hip in a slow sultry brush against his, turning outward from the movement in such a way and angle that it concluded it a nice brush of their backsides as well. the guy who clark had tasked with the bar had wandered away from archer, who was currently tapping a device in his hand. it was a cell phone. it wasn't archer’s, obviously. but it had what archer needed to do what arcadia had tasked him to do.

CLARK: Clark had caught sight of his bartender running off and hadn't paid attention. So as she touched him, Clark had also touched someone else, a firm hand pressing into the woman’s mind that she should go and find out what the guy at the bar was doing. Arcadia possibly feeling the suggestion too since she was already touching him at the time of the command. As their backsides brushed, the Sidhe man finished the spin and carried a broad smile. "It doesn't seem like the staff are making anyone scuttle off tonight. "He had not felt the touch, as his focus was elsewhere and didn't seem like anything was amiss.

ARCADIA/ARCHER: she moment she felt the push of his power, her head briefly swam - and practically in the same instant her predatory instincts went into high alert. after everything her formally fractured mind had been through, such high alert was a reflex - but this was arcadia, a woman who practiced a staunch level of self-control, so that reflexive alert didn't cause her to act out of turn. she simply finished her spin, so that she was facing his back, and he would find her hands slowly petting down starting at his shoulders. "mmmm," she agreed, "it makes a lass wonder what's changed. aye?" these were the words she spoke aloud. she also spoke to archer's mind, blowing the whistle on why there was about to be a woman at his side who would be curiously interested in what he was doing. as archer chatted politely with said female, he finished the business with the cell phone that wasn't his, holding it up to the man clark had made bartender to indicate that he could come back and get it. when the woman returned to arcadia and clark to finish her mission, she reported breathlessly, "i asked him if he wanted to come dance but he said he was about to be otherwise engaged."

CLARK: Clark glanced over at Archer, and was watching the man at the bar when Arcadia placed her hands on his shoulders. His brilliant green eyes fell to her hand on his shoulder. A thoughtful look for a moment before he turned around again, his smile back and his eyes on the phone in his hand. He was queuing up a pair of songs. The first one, appropriate for the genre, and would be a song people would dance closely too. "Drugs? I think there's a lot of drugs going around.” Much of it he'd put there. However, he stepped in close, placing a hand at the small of her back, he didn't press any thoughts into her mind, though he did try to lightly skim hers. Attempting to see what floated on the surface. It also served as a way to spread his dust across her back. A safety precaution. What had Archer been doing on the phone? It really didn't matter since Clark was going to make a hasty exit after current song was done.

ARCADIA/ARCHER: depending on how long clark was watching archer, he might see him leave the bar. he was heading in the direction of the stage, actually. and shaking his head while doing so - one thing was for certain, if he told claudia about this she was going to be rather upset she wasn't here to witness it. as for arcadia, she was mostly successful at biting back the smile that wanted to bloom over her lips when clark took out his phone again. he could tap away, she was quite content with continuing to dance, a laugh bubbling off her lips. she didn't answer that question of drugs, she didn't need to, she was watching archer take the stage and when clark skimmed her mind that would be what would be on the surface - something was going on with the stage. did arcadia know that clark was skimming her mind at that moment? not necessarily, but she was focusing her thoughts that notion of the stage as she danced just in case he might. there was no malice in her thoughts, no malice in her body language, and as archer stepped onto stage, it'd be quite obvious there was no malice coming off of him either as he pulled just about the cheesiest move he could think of to use his gift for lyric to get this room under control. as the ballad began to play over the speakers, the original balladeer's voice wasn't present on the track - archer was about to karaoke in the house. and the tune? "it's a little bit funny.....this feeling inside....i'm not one of those who can easily hide...." his voice was....well, his voice could stop and hush a room. there was something to it that was even more potent than the quality and power of the sound than all these fancy speakers on the walls, and it just drew a person in with that incredible charisma that only a true balladeer could have. and archer? well he was the divine force of bards and songmen, so, there was that. and he was playing it up for all it was worth. coming to the end of the stage and making eye contact as he directed every note at a new person to get the room to really sink into a mellow, feel-good, let's stop taking our clothes off and feel with our gentle hearts kind of mood. "i don't have much money, boy if i did...i'd buy a big house where we both could live..." elton john would be so proud.

CLARK: Clark felt that lull take over the room, attention going up to the stage along with everyone else. He looked around then, seeing that he was the only one who wasn't affected by the man's singing power. Well, the only one with the capacity to resist the lulling. "Well...sh-t..." He returned his attention to Arcadia, stepping back and giving her a look of consternation as he tucked his cellphone away. "You know... if all fairness. I was here first.” As if that explained his actions in entirety.

ARCADIA/ARCHER: archer's singing could just touch at the deepest seat of emotion in people - the greatest irony currently, since he in this life he was absolutely crap when it came to navigating his own emotions. which is why it didn't take more than a few lyrics in to seed a bright golden grin upon arcadia’s face. archer was performing, really performing, fully playing the moment instead of just standing there and singing and it was creating quite the crash of emotions inside of her - complex emotions....their relationship being as long as it was and as complicated now as it was. her attention entirely on archer as he continued soulfully crooning the heart-tugging ballad, it wasn't until she felt clark's eyes boring his consternation into her that she looked over at him, her face still lit with the joy pride and all the rest that had swelled up in her watching archer. "and it's good that ye were. he never would have done this otherwise. he really needed to do this." glancing back up at the stage, her grin was a match for the charming smile archer was flashing at some of the females that had come up to the front of the stage. instead of bumbling through his reaction, he was smoothly directing lyrics at each of them in turn, and they were eating it up.

CLARK: Clark turned his eyes up to the stage as well. He'd definitely tell Jade about this one. Getting his club jacked by a couple of locals... this was going to be embarrassing. "Good, Y'know, anything i can do to help.” He let his glamour fall away so he was wearing his original outfit, except now he was actually wearing his blazer. It suited him well in his sidhe form. The color playing well off the light green hue of his skin. He glanced over at Arcadia, keeping an eye on her. As well as the stage. Everyone was still smiling and everything. So he'd play it cool. But he was on alert. "Why doesn't he hit a karaoke bar?" because that could definitely scratch the itch for singing.

ARCADIA/ARCHER: his club? psh. that's what arcadia would say about that. this place had been her personal dining hall for years. she hooted at his comment, violet eyes glancing over at him with a wry look that was the sort the librarian gave you when you were talking too loud in the library. a look that said without saying, 'help? mmmmhmmm.'. it was quickly replaced with a thoughtful look, complete with knit brow. his true appearance...now that he had revealed himself as a sidhe, she was looking at him through new eyes, so to speak, and there was suddenly something very familiar about him but she couldn't place it. "because he doesn't see singin' as a worthy purpose like he used to. he plays often at the irish pub across town. and in the great hall too, on occasion. but he's always got himself muted, t' some degree. he rarely lets his gift shine freely." she'd been watching archer as she said that, quieting a moment to hear him begin one of the last versus of the song, before she looked over at clark with one of her knowing little smiles. she was in a rare mood herself - perhaps it was inspired by archer, or perhaps it was actually because of moment when they'd brushed bottoms clark had gotten deeper into her head than she realized. but instead of being distant and closeted, here she was deciding that one good turn deserved another and the darkness drained from her appearance as she showed her true self as well. she didn't grow to her asgardian height and build - rarely did arcadia ever do that unless she's was thick in the midst of tending to her purpose - but the vampire in her was completely overshadowed as she stood as the golden-haired, golden-eyed, rich skinned fountain of vitality that she was. even the air that immediately surrounded her changed, the formerly invisible tendrils of wind that surrounded her showing themselves in a soft gold tone as they wafted around her, creating a slight breeze that smelled of deep rich earth, freshness and spring. which was arcadia's scent, no matter the time of year.

CLARK: "Well.... I guess I get that, back when I was a beat cop, I got really tired of people asking me to like... police their stuff outside of work too. It was exhausting." Clark seemed at his ease... and that’s because he was. Nefarious people didn't just do karaoke in a club full of people. "Most people don't have any clue how hard it is to be so damn good at something." He paused and pulled a smoke out of his pocket. Tearing his eyes away from Archer's performance to lay them upon a changed Arcadia. There was an absolute look of befuddlement on his face. It took him a second to respond and then he put the smoke to his lips and lit it with a spark of his dust. After a long pull he finally spoke. "...Your breasts are still magnificent..." He then offered the smoke over at her. "These human's will be fine. They're well aware of the need to stay hydrated." He gave a harmless grin at that. He knew his people had a reputation for damaging people and wanted to put her at east about his intentions.

ARCADIA/ARCHER: clarks words drew a knowing smile from her. it was a proper analogy, the one he'd just made. "just wait until he's done singin'." the crowd in general had shifted forward, moving toward the stage with many swaying and showing a general feeling of camaraderie with one another as some sang along with him. "this is more than bein' good at somethin', though...this is servin' one's purpose. the reason they were created. from the looks of it, ye weren't created t' be an officer." her slender brow arched with amusement as she watched him take in her appearance - that sort of reaction is why she muted her appearance more often than not. a shake of her head followed when he offered forth the drug. "such things don't react well with my system. this, however..." arcadia lifted her hand, palm flat and facing upward as a vine grew straight out of her palm, long enough that a sweet, fragrant white flower bloomed. did it literally grow from her, or was she using magic to summon a piece of her vine to this location? hard to tell. she pet her thumb along the back of one of the white petals, and the flower literally stretched in pleased response. "this beauty's bite has the same effect that your trickery did on these folk around us...do you have courage enough to put yourself in their shoes?" the vine didn't lurch toward him or anything like that. It was enjoying her petting.

((TBC))
Arcadia Caughey
Arcadia Caughey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down