Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Operation....Anything....Continued (Still wide Open)

3 posters

Go down

Operation....Anything....Continued (Still wide Open) Empty Operation....Anything....Continued (Still wide Open)

Post by Derick Silverleaf Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:40 am

As they walked his blues would wander. He always enjoyed a good walk. He had been taking more and more of them lately. It was something he used to calm his nerves. Something he would normally do with his work. But, leaving the forge behind, and not having a good leather supply on hand, he was stuck. And not letting himself know very many people didn’t help. But, he had learned from his past mistakes. Keeping to himself seemed best.

At the mentioning of her understanding of dwarves, he would nod in agreement. That is until he took notice once again to that squirrel. Perhaps watching a little too long before he would chuckle, shaking head. Gaze moving from the squirrel to her as she continued talking. But then once again she took him off guard. Hearing what she said about Dre he would just shake his head a bit. Mind remembering what he could of his short meeting with the man. But that was a bit too much information then he wanted to know. And to think he leaned in with a smile when she acted like she was going to spill the beans on something.

My he was a quiet one. He didn’t say too many words as they walked. But, that was just him. The listener. A light smirk played over lips, trying to laugh along with the…joke?...she had said about the man he hoped to be working for. He would even smile more at the thought that she was actually wishing to know his name. But that was once again short lived as she went on to speak about being disrobed around each other. Oh if only she ran into him years earlier. He would have one of so many retorts to her words. But alas, she had to meet him as he was. But, she would get a reaction. His cheeks would turn a good shade of red as he looked from her up to their destination. That broken mind of his not letting him play within those words as he once would.

Umm….t…the name’s Derick. Pleasure to meet you, Vesta. Look forward to working with ya. I hope. I mean, I hope I get to work at the forge.

And there was the characteristic babbling. Some things never change. Sending her one last weak little smile, his crystals would turn up to the building they had come to. The forge. Well, maybe this would be promising. Looking to her he would nod, silently letting her know he was good to continue. Growing silent once more.
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Number of posts : 163

Back to top Go down

Operation....Anything....Continued (Still wide Open) Empty Re: Operation....Anything....Continued (Still wide Open)

Post by Vesta Voui Sun May 02, 2010 10:09 am

"S'up Derick," her goal now was to give the guy one of those friendly pats to the back. You know, the open-handed single pat that went *smack* to a person? She didn't have a heavy hand or anything. Friendly. "Said ya got experience so I don't see why they wouldn't want you. Unless, you know, they don't have any room." That was a possibility right? 

Vesta saw the change of color to hid face, but he seemed nervous. She didn't think the color had anything to do with her and what she had said. What was there to be embarrassed about? Then again, Vesta wasn't much of a shy girl. 

This was an interesting thing to note: they were at the door to the forge but he didn't knock or bellow out a hearty "Hallo!" (no one bellow 'hello' anymore), or even a rap at the door. She looked at him and then looked at the door. Another look at him and then she started rocking back and forth on her shoes. Arms stretched up and she tapped Blink on his side and gave a tug to the ear bud he was listenig too. 

"Cutting the power." Figured that she would tell the squirrel that the tunes were about to end. Hand came down and she 'stopped' the music, any remaining riffs drifting off. 

Guess she'll take the initiative! Reaching forward she gave a tug on the door knob to see if it opened or was locked. "Hallo!" 
Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Number of posts : 316

Back to top Go down

Operation....Anything....Continued (Still wide Open) Empty Re: Operation....Anything....Continued (Still wide Open)

Post by Guest Sun May 02, 2010 11:01 am

Kyra was still sitting on the counter waiting for someone anyone to come around. Her dad had gone to check to make sure the fires were lit to his specs and he had all the supplies they would need to make anything if someone wanted to come around to buy. She sat there and watched as someone jiggled the door and they would find that it wasn't locked and they could come right on in. Although she called out to them returning the greeting.

"Hello...come on in the door is open."

Back to top Go down

Post by Derick Silverleaf Tue May 04, 2010 10:12 pm

Form would move forward just a bit from her back smack. But he would react to a light smirk, nodding to her. And then of course she had to bring attention back to her furry friend on top her head. For whatever reason he was not going to get over that sight any time soon, if ever. I mean honestly, how could you not find that amusing? He would even laugh lightly as she sent off the warning about that music that would be cut off. He could just imagine the squirrel flipping out. So, he would be extra careful, watching out for just that.

So you said you used to work here? I would love to know what kind of work you did. I can show you some things I have turned out. I actually had a delivery for the Inn not too long ago. That's actually what brought me back. Well.... sort of. So why did you leave?

And then she would be opening the door for him. Honestly, he didn't even ponder about the whole door thing. She seemed like she knew what was going on around here. And by looking at the building, the place seemed to be of that type that needed some getting used to. However, he was not without respect. He would only allow himself a few steps inside before he would be stepping to the side to allow Vesta to come in the room before him. Though as he did take that one stride, crystal blues would start to wander around that entry room. Seeing the woman, he would smile politely, nodding his head just a bit to her.

Hello.
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Thu May 06, 2010 12:34 pm

Derick went in and then he held the door for her, that was swell wasn't it? Really it didn't matter to her if she had or not ya know? But he did and that gave him a few brownie points. As she passed him the Squirrel on her head turned and fixed the guy with a big eyed stare and blinked a few times. If the guy could speak squirrel - the language of blinking? - he'd know that Blink was saying: I'm watching you. Then again, it wasn't to hard to know something was up with how the creature was looking at him.

"Oh I'm not a Smithy," explaining as she entered, "I stoked the fires, kept them burning hot, keeping the tools. Pumping iron." Now she would have said a few more things if she hadn't looked from Derick at the door and saw the person who was on the inside.

"Kyra!" Vesta shouted. Hey she remembered the girl. Saw her a time or two - at least once before when she was last here - and rememebered her name. "What's up girl!" Springing from the door and to the counter sliding her arm across it as she leaned. "Haven't seen you in a tick. Guess you all really are back."

Cocking a thumb to the door and the guy there she added in, "This is Derick. He came for a job." So she put it all out there. It was okay right?
Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 06, 2010 11:38 pm

Kyra looked at Vesta and shook her head with a slight laugh and then became more serious as she came around the counter and was sizing up the man she brought with her. Looking back at Vesta she gave her a are you sure type of look.

"I don't know. You sure he could handle the heat around here? Does take a special kind of person to do that. I mean look at the head smith."

She looked back at Derick and still looked as if she wasn't sure but held out her hand and spoke.

"Nice to meet you Derick. As you heard, I'm Kyra. I am co-owner of the Fires of Hades. What kind of job are you looking for."

It just dawned on her how she knew who he was but any comments she thought of would remain private thoughts for her and her alone. Something he would notice was that she was young and rather tall for her but she was in her human form so that would explain her height.

Back to top Go down

Post by Derick Silverleaf Mon May 10, 2010 9:31 am

There have been many instances during his short life where he did something to get looks of disbelief or warning or what have you. It's just one of the facts of life. But, yet again, it was very odd to him to be getting those sorts of looks from a squirrel. However, being the way he was, Derick didn't keep on the fact that it was all of a sudden getting a death stare from the creature, but rather he was pondering the fact that he finally found an animal that he didn't befriend almost instantly. Must me losing his touch. Regardless, head would nod at Vesta's words as they both were now inside, door being let loose to close. And like her, he would say a few more words if it wasn't for her squealing like the found a long lost relative and went over to the girl he had just greeted and was meeting them. SO, to join them, a few slow strides would be made towards them. That warm, light smile remaining on his lips. Once Vesta did her little introduction, he would chuckle lightly to himself with a small nod.

Well, thank you for the lovely ice breaker, Vesta.

Again, man of few words. Give him a few minutes to get used to the new surroundings and people. It was just the way he was. In general, very reserved until the need to not be came around. He was especially so when it was obvious he was being sized up just how he was at the moment. Then there were Kyra's words about him. Hmmm. That's twice now that his stamina of heat was questioned. Was this place really that different from other forges? He has worked in a few. One of the many things he would just have to find out. But then she was offering out a proper introduction, so instantly he went into his prim and proper mode. Reaching out his hand to take hers in a firm shake he would nod just a bit once again, looking from Vesta to her.

It is a pleasure to meet you, Kyra. Derick Silverleaf. I am actually. Was hoping you had a spot available for a smithy. I've worked in 3 different forges in the past 4 years. Was trained by Gorgon Zilfan at Thunder Mine's Forge. Um...not sure if they have started to be installed yet, but I am the smith that made the Inn's new hardware. Door knobs, handles, hallway lanterns, candle holders and fixtures. I just know that I will need to start supporting myself eventually, and I have come to the Inn to stay for a while, so was hoping to start work in something that I know.

Like as what was stated, he was reserved until the situation called for something different. And the fact that he thought this was a semi-interview, he figured the time was now. During his little speech, his crystal blues would be fixed on Kyra, making sure to maintain that professional eye contact that was needed in dealing with others in a business setting. However, after he was finished, eyes would shift between her and Vesta. He had a spotlight on him at the moment. Not normally the position he liked being in, but it was what it was. Maybe he would come out of it ahead?
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 11, 2010 1:26 am

Kyra simply nodded to Derick and listened to what he had to say even though she personally knew how this was going to go at least from her aspect anyway. Still sizing him up she wasn't sure how he would handle the heat and he hasn't proven that he could to her at least but that was none of her concern really.

"That is all good and well Derick but I fear I can't help you or offer you a job. You see my business partner is in charge of the smiths and I run the front end of the business. So to me it makes no difference where you trained or what you've done work wise. You will have to speak with him if you really want to work here."

She was nice, polite and spoke the truth. Her father would be the judge of his abilities and whether or not he was going to be a good fit for the Fires of Hades. She looked to Vesta and grinned.

"Be sure to take him to see the Beastie. I think he might be down below."

A smirk crossed her lips as she watched them both.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Tue May 11, 2010 9:13 am

When she was thanked for the ice breaker by Derick she shot him a wink. Yeah, she was good at doing things like that. Most of the time anyway. While she was half standing and half leaning on the table there Blink peeked out of Vesta's hair and saw Kyra, he remembered her and even if they hadn't had the time to become human-squirrel buddies he thought that she was kinda neat. He waited until Kyra was done giving Derick information before he stood up and waved at her with his paw.

Vesta felt him moving around and had the thought that he might be trying to say hello. "Blink says hi you to you too, Krya." giving her a wink. Maybe she didn't remember the squirrel or maybe she did, but Vesta figured out that she would speak for him anyway.

She did a bit of gruff laughter as she pushed off of the desk. "I think Derick may do alright, guess we'll see how he does right and maybe Dreconis won't decide to fry him." It was a joke, she was laughing as she remembered that when he first saw Blink Dre had called him lunch - jokingly of course - and now she was going to bring another person.

Oh the jokes had at the Forge.

Vesta reached out to take Derick's arm. "Thanks for the 4 - 1 - 1 Kyra. Be good to see him again. Come on Derick. I still remember the way to Hades." She had a good memeory, besides it was right through those doors over there. Yeah.. There....

Anyway with a tug to help Derick get going she headed to those doors to get them open and if she did she yelled down it: "Dreconis!" The girl had pipes. "Glad you're back!"

Hopefully she had the right door!
Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Back to top Go down

Post by Derick Silverleaf Wed May 12, 2010 10:22 am

Eyes would look to Kyra as she spoke, head nodding at the right places to show his understanding. That was common place after all, for the lead smith to handle bringing in the others. They were the ones that called all the shots at how their product was produced. So it was all good with him as a half smile came to lips, looking between the two now. It seemed he would be the butt of many jokes between the two. well, in all honesty, he was a good mark. Could take a lot of kindly abuse. Something he thought he would have to get used to even more if he indeed get the chance to work here.

Thank you very much, Kyra. I understand completely that...Dreconis? is the one I am needing to speak to.

Again he looked between the two, putting both of their comments to use in determining the man's name. Last he was here, he only knew him by Dre. Good to know new bits of information. And again Vesta was moving a mile a minute as his arm was seized up and he was being tugged along. He couldn't help bu chuckle as he looked to her. But quickly before they got too far off he would look back to Kyra.

I guess we will go find him now. Thank you again. Was nice meeting you, even if briefly.

And he was being brought along with her in her search. Those eyes looking all around as they moved. Curious as to what this place had in store for him. Looking back to Vesta he would smile lightly.

A little eager are we? I would think I would be the one anxious about finding this man.
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Wed May 12, 2010 11:13 am

He heard his name hollered, and could thing of only one person that would have pipes like that. So he returned in kind with a nice friendly roar. "VISTA!"

Chuckling, he set down what he was working on to wait for her to get down the stairs. "You are late woman. fires don't stoke themselves. Did not figure you could handle my heat." He chuckled and awaited her from the depths below.
Beastie
Beastie

Number of posts : 1596

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Fri May 14, 2010 5:41 pm

Vesta wasn't really a sit back and watch the world run type of girl. When she had a mission to do you can bet your bum she'd be on it with vigor. Mostly that was 'cause she didn't do anything that she didn't want to do in the first place, so in that case why wouldn't she want to do it? Derick could keep up with her! Vesta wasn't that hard to follow, you just had to be willing to get up on the go-go and roll.

When it all came together it was a good thing that she did have the right door. She could see it now, yelling down the wrong steps only to have Dre rise up like some kind of ominous shadow behind her and she jump out of her skin, who's to know what Blink would have done. Hopefully he would have warned the poor girl. Hearing Dre call back she turned to Derick with a wide grin on her face. "There's the Boss-man"

"Strippin' as I'm comin'!" Held on to either side of the doorway and yelled that right back at him. She did have on two shirts and she pulled from the door and pulled the top shirt - a thin long sleeve thing - up and over her head, Blink knew the how-to of staying on her head while she pulled clothes on and off so he was okay. Hanker down in her hair and stay put, that's the way to go. She needed to be 'cool' down there as last time all the heat and flames was doing wicked things to her lungs, but that was take care of now. Having pulled the shirt off she was left in a tank and the bra underneath. The shirt she had been wearing was now getting balled in her hand. "And I'm bringing someone with me!"

He may have known anyway. She stepped down one stepped and looked back at Derick. "Cha'mon!" You know, 'Come on' only slang and twisted together?

Down, down, down to the pit of Hades she was going!
Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Mon May 17, 2010 9:20 am

He heard her yell that she was stripping and chuckled. Then he heard she was bringing someone with her. That he had to comment on.

"Can not handle me all by your lonesome? Got to bring help? Well two on one are good odds for me, as long as they know how to stoke the fire right."

He chuckled at that, and headed back towards one of the forges, "Or mayhap you finally brought me lunch, since I can not eat your beaver or cat or squirrel. Whatever it is."

He laughed again, and set about working as he waited on her. He forgot how slow she could be at times.
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Derick Silverleaf Mon May 17, 2010 10:31 am

The chuckle would be continued as they walked. Well, to him it was more like a pull and shuffle, but you could call it walking. And then he would hear that gruff voice from down below. He would nod a bit looking down the stair way they were at. That voice was the one that he did recognize a bit from his brief dealings with the man. Derick even tried getting here last time, but something just always kept him away. But he was here now. Finally. Looking to Vesta, he would smirk and nod and started following once again. However head would shake just slightly as she said her words and started removing her shirt. And here he thought she was being cute with the whole hot and bare thing before. So yeah, he was a bit surprised Those blues would look on a bit, lookin to her furry friend along for the ride. But after making sure he was still indeed in place, politeness kicked in and eyes looked to stair step after step.

He was starting to notice the heat as they continued. Once again, he had thought Vesta was trying to scare him off or something. Well, looks like he was about to be tested. But unlike his guide, clothes were staying on. That whole professional thing that was drilled in his mind. Perhaps that would change over time, if given the opportunity, but that we will have to see.

Well, you weren't lying about the heat. Must say this is the first forge I have seen underground. Most want plenty of air flow. Hope there's plenty of ventilation out of this place.

Well at least there were plenty of laughs to be had. More words being yelled up as they closed the distance to the bottom. When they got there, wide eyes taking in the sight that was the place. And of course Dre. Seeing him was not a sight you soon forget. So once seeing him after about a year since the last, he would smile a bit. Didn't realize that was only his short name, so he was confused for a few moments. but now he was looking at the same man. So that was good. Maybe he was finding a way of life around here after all. We shall see.
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Tue May 18, 2010 9:41 am

He bent over his work, putting the final touches on a dagger as it seemed. He looked up and say Vesta. He shook his head, "Make sure you cover those woman. Do not want to have to kiss them and make them feel better because you got burnt. Or accidentally give you a piercing."

He smirked and searched her hair for the squirrel he thought would be there like their last meeting. "I do not see you Blink, but welcome back."

The ventilation was as natural as the rest of the forge, which is why he chose it. Natural chimneys carried the heat and smoke out. Waters was found in pools from and underground source that Kyra had pointed out with construction of the place. Each pool running water to the next through several shifters that looked like fish gills.

His eyes roamed back to the man who smiled a bit, he seemed familiar and his image rolled around in his mind waiting for that puzzle piece to fall into the right spot. Was he apprehensive? How the vith could he breath in those clothes? That was the first thing he would address.

"I will not have some vither falling over due to a vithing heat stroke in my forge. It may be called the Fires of Hades, but you are not in Hades. Yet. No reason to look like a dolled up toy that the wee lasses play with if you are in a working beings place. And relax a bit. I do not roast my lunch. I fry it. Blacken is more like it."

With that he would actually smile, revealing the twin rows of teeth that looked very sharp. Giving one the impression that they were looking into a dragon's maw.

"What brings you back Vista? Any why so late?" Yep he had mispronounced her name, a running thing with them. As he spoke he went over to a pool a part from the others and dived his hand into it. It was time for a snack. He lifted his hand and turned back towards them.

He raised the severed goblin head out of the water and to his mouth, his maw opening to reveal twin rows of razor sharp teeth. With a sickening crunch, his teeth pierece the head of the goblin, pulling the skin tight so that the eyes seems to bulge out and the mouth seemed to actually smile. Bits of gore and blood got on him.

He looked at them both, as he chewed nosily, and offered the severed head to the man. "Apple?" he asked. He waited to see their response.
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Fri May 21, 2010 10:48 am

Wasn't a flying leap but it wasn't halfhearted either. Vesta had skipped the last few steps to jump the rest of the way down and landed well. A single clap of her hands before she tied her shirt around her waist.

"I am covered just fine. Nothing to worry 'bout." She cocked her thumb at Derick just as she had done upstairs with Kyra. "And I ain't bring him here to help me handle you, I can do that on my own." Wink!

She stayed quiet and rocked back and forth on the heel of her shoes. When Dre looked for Blink she stretched her left arm up and swirled her hand above her head. The squirrel was there, he probably tucked himself down more in Vesta's hair to make sure he didn't accidentally get thrown. Now that the coast was clear he burrowed his way out and gave a weary smile to the Dracon. Actually he was glad to hear that the big guy was considering eating someone else besides him!

Vesta stretched and went up on her toes and when she saw the 'fruit' that Dre was trying to offer she shook her. "You know, that's okay Dre. You see I've taken up this 'no skull' diet over the past few months." And she rubbed her hands over her stomach. "Trying to cut back to a girlish figure here." Because, you know, Vesta wasn't the smallest girl of the Rhy'din super model nature that she saw running all about here.

"And nobody told me you were back man! I mean like, seriously, I'd still be exploiting if I didn't run into this guy here."

Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Back to top Go down

Post by Derick Silverleaf Sat May 22, 2010 6:04 pm

He would almost be pushed to the side as Vesta leaped her way to the bottom. Shaking head lightly, looked up to Dre. That look silently asking if she was always like this. And to his best guess, she was. Not really a bad thing, not in the least. He was finally meeting new people. And they were actually bringing out the rare smiles to lips. So yes, this was a very good thing. When Vesta made her way over to Dre, Derick would be following close behind, though not moving quite so fast. He would be taking it one step at a time, those crystals still taking in the surroundings that were the smithy. Very interesting.

And then there Dre was, jumping on the band wagon of the need to lose clothing. What was this place? These people were fascinated with that concept. His head would tilt to the side just a bit before lips would part in soft words. Hand coming up to wipe a few beads of sweat with the back of his hand. That would in turn would be wiped on the cloth of shirt.

V...vither? I am fine, actually. Takes more then a little bit of heat to get me to relax that much. Besides, place of business and all that. But, it is a pleasure to meet you again, Dre. Or do you prefer Dreconis?

He would offer out a hand to greet him properly, but it would seem Dre was occupied. If it wasn't with the piece he was working on it was....a snack? Derick's face would instantly cringe at the sight of the head, even taking a quick step back, raise and waiving his hands. Looking over to Vesta. That good old 'what did I get myself into' look spewing over his face.

No, thank you. It's all yours. Um...I ran into the lady here, and Vesta was kind enough to show me the way down. Um....Kyra said I would need to speak to you about possible employment.

Those eyes looking between them still, but his main attentions would be towards his professional demeanor and Dre. had to make a good impression and all. Though around the bunch he has met so far, that wasn't going to go too far. This may call for a different set of directions. but, it's what he had to work with at the moment.
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Mon May 24, 2010 1:11 pm

Smiling to Vesta, he chuckled at Blink. "No worries little friend, seems there are other juicier things to eat for lunch then you."

"As for me being back. Well that was kind of a surprise to me. But then again, should have been easy to know. This town has the weakest ale I have ever had. It is worse then panther piss. But it does warm me to see you again. "

He smirked at the girlish figure comment. "I do know know about that, I am sure you can handle a little bit of the head." He said holding up the goblin head. "Might be all you can handle, but you will sweat off whatever you take in here anyway. You know that. You know we do things the hard way around here."

Now this was interesting. He actually said he was comfortable in all those clothes. He chuckled, as he bit the apple again.

"First, it is Dreconis. Second, this place is not called the Fire of Hades for nothing young man. We work with the hottest fires and even dragon fire. I will not have vithing elg'caress that is more worried about how he looks then surviving become a puddle of sweat in my forge. Third, you look like and uptight High Elf in that. This is not Court, this is a forge. I want to see the real person, not one that looks all dolled up like something my daughter was sure to play with as a child."

He watched him a bit more and looked to Vesta, nodding a thanks. Glad she remembered they were still looking for Smiths. He also plucked out an eyeball and tossed it to Derick. The jovial tone was gone. It was time to get serious.

"First step, one has to be able to take unusual orders around here. So eat up. Second, do you have Smithing experience or are you someone just wanting to hammer things."

He would wait and see what he said and did, those blood stones seeming to bore into his head. Almost as if he was trying to figure out the best way to cook him. He smiled, twin rows of razor sharp teeth being shown, now a little stain with goblin gore.
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Fri May 28, 2010 10:46 am

"If I get my hands around your head just right I'm sure I can handle it just fine Dreconis." Because, you know, working the mouth around that head of him may be some form of Hades initiation - couldn't pass up on a thing like that. Though Derick here was probably going to have to go first since he was the one Dreconis was telling to 'eat up'.

"Ain't nothing like a hard pounding from the Boss-man here to have the muscles aching in your body you never knew you had." She was making this comment to the both of them but really more to Derick. "Feels good though, the satisfaction you have once it's done. I back him up on the clothes thing, unless you got some type of heat resistance you should let me help you out of them clothes. Arm warmers and aprons are what help keep you protected." Yeah, she got why he didn't want to take off his clothes and hang around here all dressed up - no one liked to get burned by a flying stray piece of metal or coal - but down here it was a quick way to dehydration too.

That's why she suggested the arm warmers and apron. Compromise you know?

"I've never been out drinking with you Dre-man so I don't know your habits. Though that may explain why some of those bar were out of drink." Tapping her chin a moment. She did tend at various places here and there. Girl had to make money somehow! Not to mention it was a good way to get to know the people of this place.
Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Back to top Go down

Post by Derick Silverleaf Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:19 pm

Hands down, this was the most interesting job interview he had ever gone through. It was an interesting time enough to meet this guy the first time around, but now under these circumstances. And on the second hand there was this young lass that perked a different curiosity within him. She was just as helpful and kind as the others that Derick knew here at the Inn, but she had a quirky attitude that tugged on his curiosity. That was without mentioning the Squirrel. We will have to get into that later. But there he was standing between them. Dre was tossing him eyes to eat, and Vesta was trying to get his clothes off. What was a man to do?

Catching the eye in right hand he would look down at it. He wouldn't show a face of discuss or even flinch a bit. Instead he would look to it a moment, turning it around a bit in finger tips. Then with a shake of his head, he would toss it right back into the air towards it's source.

No thank you, Dreconis. Goblin eyes aren't really something I eat. As for my qualifications, I recently delivered a rather large order of metal good to the Inn order by the owner. Or, at least he was introduced as the owner.

That was still to be discovered. He had a twitch in his mind that the man he met was not really the owner of the Inn, but it was a signature on the paperwork. Not like the forge was out any money.

All the items I made myself. Door handles, knockers, candelabras, wall hangers and the like. I'm not sure if they're being installed yet, but that is the fastest way to see my work. Plus I can do the basic stuff. Tools, blades, shoes, buckles and levers. I have more then a few years under my belt.

Walking over to one of the water features in the cavern, right hand would be dipped in, flicking fingers around a bit to get goblin bits off. Hands then being brushed along pants to help dry them off. Walking back to them, he would look back to Vesta. Only the hint of a smirk playing along lips.

Pounding has been my way of life for a few years now. So I think I can handle being worked hard. Now as for the clothes.. This being said more to them both then just one in particular... I will prepare myself for work once i am doing just that. Working. Though the help won't be needed.

Once again, a reaction that would have been different if but presented to him in the past. For now, he was all business. That's all he can really rely on.
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:22 pm

He chuckled thinking about a bar out of business.

"They best be glad it was not me and not a dwarf that drink that water they passed off as ale."

As he talked though, he watched Derrick. Would he eat the eyeball just because he had said to and because he wanted a job? He waited to see.

"Besides Vista, you could not handle drinking with me. You can barely handle the load I give you here when we are pounding it hard. Sweating and grunting like a pig. Mouthing hanging open looking like a hot forge needing something hard stuck in it until it is soft. "

He trailed off as he watched Derick, nodding in approval as he caught the eyeball. he popped it in his mouth.

"Good to know you are honest and not an arse kisser. If i wanted that, would have stayed in AoRG. Rather have someone tell me they can not or will not do something then drop to their knees and take it like a pup in heat. Just nae ever stick your hand in the water unless it is with a hot piece in your hand. Kyra would skin you if she saw you do that." He nodded to the buckets that were used for cleaning hands and such.

"We will start you off slow and like it it is your first time rolling in the hay. Make sure your hands can keep up with the rattling of your bone box. And by the Fates man, please do not wear all that clothing. it will only hamper you. This I promise. We move fast here but we also do good work. EVERY piece is inspected by me, then by Kyra to make sure it matches the order and such. That piece breaks YOU are responsible for fixing it. You get a commission of each order. If you can handle that, then you have a place in Hades."

He would offer his taloned hand. He believe a man's word was good until he broke it, then....well he had things to say and do for those that would break their word to him. They had a better chance of being one of a goddess employees then stick with him.
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down