Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

A hurricane effecting the Inn

4 posters

Go down

A hurricane effecting the Inn Empty A hurricane effecting the Inn

Post by Guest Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:30 am

Ok my darlings, before I go running rampid throught the Inn posting as 12 different people tonight, I want to give you all a heads up. I am sure that some of you, if not all, have been hearing about Hurricane Ike. Well, normally, durring hurricane season I'm the one calling Kahn-mun to make sure he's cool every time one hits his area, I used to be able to call and check on Gawain-mun and Dre-mun as well. Well, I can call Dre-mun again and check on him, but not the point. After all, sometimes hurricanes reach their area's too. Very rarely does one head for me. Well, Ike is heading for me.

The National Weather Service has said that Ike is projected to make landfall in Matagorda County Saturday morning. Guess where I live ... Yep, Matagorda County. They put most of the surrounding area on mandatory evacuation. They even said Matagorda County, except for Bay City and Van Vleck. Then they said everyione south of 35. Well, the good news is I am north of 35 and in Bay City. The bad new is, if I were to walk out my front door, walk about 25 feet or so, step off the curb, I would be standing on 35. So I'm not very far north of it.

So here's the scoop. If they force us to evacuate, I have somewhere to go. My computer and the internet card will of course be going with me, as well as some other very important things of course. But, my family had deceided that because of what happened with Hurricane Rita, unless we are all forced to go, we will not be leaving. This being said, it looks like we will be riding this one out. So, we hope that Ike moves far enough in one direction or the other that it misses us completly. But, if he doesn't ...

Well suffice it to say, one of three things is going to happen here. Number one, my personal favorite, Ike misses us and everything turns out fine. Number two, we have to evacuate again, but hey, we'll be safe and I'll still be able to RP. Or three, we get hit, we loose power, my computer battery dies, I am able to use my cell till it's battery dies, and my RPing is on hold until I get power back.

Now I do not even want to think of anything worse happening. I am painfully aware that it is possable, but let us just not even go there. So, in case I do stop posting for a few days, and anyone starts to wonder why, Dre-mun has my number, Kahn-mun has my number, and Gawain-mun has my number. So if anyone needs to reach me or wants to find out anything just ask one of them. They will be able to reach me. Well, at least until my cell battery dies. But hey, that's the worst case situation.

Now, I know some of you are wondering why I bothered posting this. Well, I have 12 active charries in the Inn. I think if I dissapeared for any period of time, it might put a kink in a few SL's. So, everyone, hope for the best. And hey, I'm not worried, just being prepared.

Oh, and by the way, Cad-mun lives in Van Vleck. So if I'm gone for a bit, chances are, he is too.

Back to top Go down

A hurricane effecting the Inn Empty Re: A hurricane effecting the Inn

Post by Guest Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:27 am

Just do us all a favor, and keep safe. me and Furball will keep you Cad mun in our prayers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:06 am

Keep yourself safe in the weather. I know you may not be wanting to leave your home but if things start to be looking bad then it is always a good idea to go where it is safer.
Leo
Leo

Number of posts : 238

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:58 am

Thank you, and yes, if I have to I will go.

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:22 pm

She will go if they tell her to or my size 19 shoe will be meeting her arse and my ring up side of her head. Among other things.
Beastie
Beastie

Number of posts : 1596

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:52 pm

Hmmm LOL Furball said something about taking a strap to her. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:53 pm

She would like that to much. Will take my ring to the side of her head. It is a 19 as well, as big as a 20oz bottle cap.
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:29 pm

LOL She probably would like that..I like it Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:33 pm

::Shreiks:: No, not the strap. ::Rubbs her bum:: He missed a spot last time. LOL We went to mandatory evacuation this morning, but mom says that if my grandparents aren't getting out with the kids, then we're not leaving either. So, it's out of my hands ya'll. Sowwies. But hey, if things change ... Oh, and tell furball that I never threatened him when one was headed his way, now did I? :*

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:34 pm

Uh huh I heard you. You was a threatening him BIG TIME old woman.
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:41 pm

I swear you 2 crack me up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nephalei Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:22 pm

Oh dear. =( Keep safe, wishin' ya the best.

Nephalei

Number of posts : 96

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:05 pm

Yea, well, I can feel the love. And that strap .... LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:07 pm

LMAO Oh, hey, anyone got a 20 they can wire me for some smokes for me and mom, something tells me this is going to get a lot worse when we run out. LMAO j/k guys. Come on, laugh with me, makes it less scary for ya'll

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:11 pm

And hun you know I understand the situation, but still worry. You best be safe, cause I will haunt you. muhahaha, and will make you watch Dre eat "apples". And scary for me, pffft, surely you jest. Been through to many of those vithers (oops I mean suckers. Sure do. ~pulls on pip's innocent look as a mask~)
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:27 pm

::kisses to all:: You guys are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:04 am

Ok, I am going to catch a nap. I have been watching Ike all day and all night, and it is now comming to shore in Galveston, not Matagorda. I am expected to get winds of about 90 miles per hour or less and about 6 inches of rain or so. Thank you Sky-mun for sitting up with me for as long as you could stay awake. Talk to ya'll in a bit, gunna catch a nap.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:29 am

Oh, and btw, I have my computer and my cell both on and right here by my head, in case anyone needs to wake me later. Try not to make it too early though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:53 am

Ok, the eye of the storm came to shore about two hours ago. In Galveston. Now I'm getting pounded with rain here and the wind has really picked up in the last few hours, but it looks good from where I'm sitting. Now there is still the possability of loosing power. If that happens while I am online I should have enough time to save the post I could be making in my drafts and get in here to tell you guys that the power is out and I will be back as soon as it's back on. But there are millions in Houston who are out of power and they are estimating it will take weeks to get power restored to everyone. So here's hoping that I keep my power.

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:49 am

I'm glad that you are continuing to stay safe. Remain that way.
Leo
Leo

Number of posts : 238

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:15 pm

Leo-mun, you are totaly as sweet as Leo. Thank you so very much. And good news all. Ike has moved far enough that I am no longer getting rained on. There is still some wind though. But I didn't loose my power and all my stuff is still here. Now, hopefully they will let people who did evacuate come back in soon. Cad-mun will miss all the fun if they don't. He called me, he got to Houston, got his Mom, and got West to his Aunts in time. So he's good too. Gunna get life back together this weekend then when he gets back and everything and someone else gets back on after his weekend of company. We will get this stuff going good and done so my girls can play in the Gym LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by Epiphany Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:35 pm

haha all about the gym huh? But I'm glad to hear that all is well and you didn't loose power or anything like that. As a side note I'm glad that you, and others, didn't loose anything electronical. I know how bad it is to loose your hardrive and comp system. oye.

Epiphany
Epiphany

Number of posts : 615

http://www.bebo.com/iastepiphany

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:51 pm

Not to mention keyboards, musical ones that is, karaoke equipment, sound recording equipment stuff like that. LOL Hurricanes are a nightmare for computer geeks and musicians alike, and I am both. And no, it's not all about the gym dear. I love all of you and love rping again. But, that being said, you know how much Venis loves to spar, just look at how many sparing awards she had, and also, it gives me something to do in the middle of the night when all of you guys are sleeping. Trust me, if this place was busy 24/7 I wouldn't even be worried about the gym, which by the way was not even my suggestion remember, But I would have plenty to do if I weren't the only one who never sleeps. Heh, that's why I have 12 active charries, I'm the only one who never sleeps. Have to have someone to play with, even if it's myself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:52 pm

Glad you made it through. We were praying for you and Cad mun.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:53 pm

Thanks guys, love you all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum