Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

A Serpent Amongst Men. (Open)

4 posters

Go down

A Serpent Amongst Men. (Open) Empty A Serpent Amongst Men. (Open)

Post by Alexander Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:32 pm

Scenery faded away, going from known, to familiar to utterly strange in a matter of hours. Thoughts had grasped his mind and urged him to be carried thus far. His eyes focused for the first time in hours past and noticed an Inn amongst the darkness of the surrounding landscape. His frame clad in shadow, he directed steps now towards the building. Boots thudded against soft grass, crossing the surrounding fields. As a point of interest was found his mind dwindled away into its self and once more blurred his direct surroundings.

Some time passed before the inviting light of the Inn beckoned his attention once again. Pale blue orbs set upon the door. Calloused digits pressed to the door and forced his way inside, letting the door swing closed behind him as he glanced around the room. People were of little consequence, systematically eliminating those of his aim. A receptionist, ah, she would be what he needed. Boots continued now towards that desk, much in need of procurring a room for himself.

The frame that was now touched with the warm glow of the Inn stood just over six feet tall. Athletic build, if a first look said anything about him. His hair just long enough to touch his cheeks, black as the night. His chin held a faint shadow of stubble across a hard jaw. His forearms were bare due to the rolled up sleeves of an all white dress shirt two scars most prominently noticed on each arm, along the inside of his wrist. Each matching identically as a rather large cross that must have been burned into the skin. No tie, the top button undone, black slacks hugging his hips along with a black pair of boots that now clicked no more as he came to a halt. His gaze was an icey blue as he waited for acknowledgement.

Alexander

Number of posts : 8

Back to top Go down

A Serpent Amongst Men. (Open) Empty Re: A Serpent Amongst Men. (Open)

Post by Epiphany Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:08 pm

A light and airy tune started to drift down the hall, getting gradually louder as the owner of the tune came out from around the corner and into view. Her head was hidden down in a sketchbook that she was holding in one hand, her other held a graphite pencil which she was busy marking up the pad. The girl's hair was pulled back to a messy ponytail that swung from side to side as she walked and the cropped jean jackets sleeves were rolled up past her wrist. She would have kept walking but, as she neared her tune started to slow.

Stopping a bit away from the front desk her tune dragged as she lifted her head from the sketchpad - the pencil pausing - just enough for her light blue eyes to be seen. Someone was there, at the desk. The girl who was currently watching him wasn't really tall nor was she designed with perfect curves that was typical of the Rhydin female. In fact, compared to him she may even appear a bit on the scrawny side. She kept her position for a moment or two and simply looked before noticing that there was no one at the desk.

"Hel-lo." Spoken rather chipper and bright, especially considering that she had been staring not two seconds ago. The sketch book was closed, her pencil making a place marker, and she took a two-step move to place herself behind the front desk, the actions causing her short red and yellow plaid skirt to hit against her legs. The sketchbook was then placed under the desk. Leaning forward with her elbows propping up her head - she had to look up to see him fully - she gave the new guy a polite smile.

"Welcome to the Tel'Ranaemyn Inn. What can I do you for today?"
Epiphany
Epiphany

Number of posts : 615

http://www.bebo.com/iastepiphany

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:19 pm

A smile formed towards the female as she deposited herself behind that desk. "I am just looking for a room. Do you have any available?" Even as he spoke his gaze washed over her in a critiquing manner. It was the way he had always been he sized her up, tore her down and examined her for every spark of potential she might hold. For reasons all his own, but be certain he did not look across her like a piece of meat, quite the contrary.

Once his examination was done, he looked around the room and once more found her, hoping that there just might be one left for him to occupy.

Alexander

Back to top Go down

Post by Epiphany Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:12 pm

Potential was all over this girl . . . depending on what the potential was for. Everyone had it and this girl had the 'it' to be many things as she often threw herself into varying roles, even those of a more questionable nature. She didn't mind the look - whatever the reason - besides, he had asked her about an available room so she had no time to think on it too much.

Pulling the ledger open she started flipping through the picture accented pages until she got to the end, she also took out the room listings. "Mmhmm we do have a few rooms available. We have a few on the first floor," said as she pointed to the ceiling with a fingers to indicate the floor above them. "The ones on that floor are single bed and there are rooms with a bathroom, the others one that floor don't have it and they use the communal bath. It has stalls and all to accommodate like ten at a time." She actually thought it was pretty neat. As long as you didn't mind mixing the boys and girls together.

"Two on the second floor, those rooms have two beds and your own bathroom.. But we can always take one bed out if you want the space. Then there's one suite. Of course the rooms have varying prices." She then flipped the ledger around to him and held out the pencil. "But payment isn't due until you leave and you can also do work around the Inn, for us, in place of paying with money."

There. She thought she had covered everything.
Epiphany
Epiphany

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:38 pm

He watched on as she spoke, when the book was turned around towards him he took a closer look at the lterature before him. "I would like one of the ones on the second floor." His reasons were all his own. "You can leave the second bed as well, no need for additional work to anyone, after all don't know how long I will be around." He took the quill and signed his name as required "Alexander Syler De'vir". "I have enough money for a few nights, so working will not be an issue either."

Setting the quill into its place, his pale gaze rising to meet hers. Yes potential was indeed there, now if he could only make the time... hmmm... the possibilities. His own thoughts made him smile, though it came across as just another of the few he had used since walking through the door. "Could you tell me of any places to order something to eat as well?"

Alexander

Back to top Go down

Post by Epiphany Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:40 pm

It wouldn't have been too much work to remove the second bed but she knew that some people liked to keep things as they were. When he took up the pen and started on the ledger Epiphany pulled out the key and swirled it around on her finger as she resisted the urge to whistle. Something very hard to do. Who could resist whistling while watching?

"There's something odd about this place...." She trailed off and leaned forward to get a good look at the name he was putting down and though it was upside down she could read it. Not too uncommon of a skill. "Alexander." Easing up she smiled at him and placed the key down besides him. "Here you are, room 202."

Now that she had put the key down she pulled the book to her. "We have a bar, serviced by the kitchen. The chef is really good. Anything you get there will go to your room tab unless you want to pay there." Hmm...what else, she thought as she drummed her fingers on the desk. "The Kitchen isn't open all hours, just the standard normal times, but there's always some small food behind the bar you can help yourself too. If you need a meal and it's after hours jut try not to make a mess in the kitchen. You break it, you fix it. "
Epiphany
Epiphany

Back to top Go down

Post by ♥Allissya♥ Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:17 pm

Now, she had not been at the Inn very long, nor had she been the most visible after finding out about her parentage. But when she heard the voice from the other night, the one that had said something about her Auntie Az it had her feet moving forward. She also heard another voice, asking about food and then the other voice answering. Food, sounded like a good idea, her stomach was rumbling. Her hand was lowered to rub at her stomach.

Both hands would be at her sides when she rounded the corner. She was curious what the normal hours were, but she wasn't going to ask, instead she would lift her hand and give a wave to Epiphany, and pause in her steps. Curious bright green gaze would look at the new person.

She was dressed in a pair of basic blue jeans, white and purple Nike running shoes. Along with a purple t-shirt, more of a lighter shade, with short sleeves and a baby pocket over her left breast area.
♥Allissya♥
♥Allissya♥

Number of posts : 94

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:25 pm

A smile crossed his lips as she twirled that key. A nod when he heard his name across her lips. "Ah, seems simple enough." Already mentally preparing himself for a good meal. Then there came that flicker of movement out the corner of his eye, pale orbs slipped towards the woman paying such interest in himself.

His hand touched along the desk before him and took the key into palm. He offered a smile towards the unknown female before returning his attention towards Epiphany. "Thank you, I think I will head up towards my room here shortly, after a bite to eat." Bowing his head softly to Epiphany and turned about. Heading towards where she had directed the kitchen was. Black boots clicking across the floorboards as he moved. His key was slid into his pocket along with his right hand, casually moving to the kitchen.

Alexander

Back to top Go down

Post by Armandeus Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:05 pm

The kitchen was alive with the sound of music! . . And running water? Upon entering the kitchen one would find it's Elven chef hard at work scrubbing away at a sink full of dishes. Back to the door, the green haired Elf was humming away to himself as he worked, oblivious to his surroundings.

It wasn't until he reached the last dish and went to place it on the dish rack that he noticed the door leading to the bar was slightly cracked open. Turning the faucet off Armandeus stepped away from the sink and wiping his hands off on his apron, went towards the door. Getting closer he could pick up the sound of boots clicking across the floor. Curious as to whom was heading his way, Armandeus carefully pushed the door open. "Hello?"
Armandeus
Armandeus

Number of posts : 179

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:45 pm

He continued to the kitchen met by the view of the green haired elf. A smile came across his lips as one of his closest friends and most bitter of rivals looked much the same as this man. The smile slowly faded as he spoke. "Hello." An inquisitive look washed over him just then, figuring that he at the least worked as a part of the kitchen staff. "Would you be apart of the staff here?" Motioning with one hand towards the kitchen. Naturally coming to a halt a few paces away from the Elf.

Alexander

Back to top Go down

Post by ♥Allissya♥ Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:36 pm

Paused, she had not even realized how long she had stood there, giving herself a mental shake. When she came back to the land of the living, the man had disappeared, what a pity, but Epiphany was still there. So first things first. "Thanks for your help the other night, funny thing is, I remind you of your aunt Azlin, because she is my mom." What a bombshell that had been to have dropped on her. A small smile slipped over her features. "Things sure are interesting around here aren't they?" Her mental compartments were still having some issues with that. Digging the toe of her shoe into the ground she would look back to Epiphany. "But I should go get something to eat as well...."

With those words, she would make her way to the bar, if the kitchens were closed, she knew there usually was a fresh bowl of fruit out. It was when she had entered that area that she spotted the man whom had been checking in, along with the green haired man peeking out of the kitchens. Oh she heard stories about him and the kitchens, so she made her way to a empty bar stool, near the end of the bar, closest to the kitchen. Perhaps she really shouldn't but, she decided to call out to the man that had just checked in. "Hey new guy!" Not that she had a ton of room to talk. "I hear he's very protective of the kitchens...perhaps you should have a seat?" Maybe that was her way of offering a seat near her? Yes, she did not know the hours but she had heard of the cook! Having family around came in handy.
♥Allissya♥
♥Allissya♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:09 am

He wonder if the elf perhaps were taking his time and simply measuring Alexander up, so he stood and waited, a hand resting into his pocket within the process. A moment later there came that call out in his direction. His head turned and looked across his shoulder towards the woman that had made herself known a minute before hand. A soft smile to her words. "Protective, hm? Well then I will not intrude, unless he decides that he is too busy for me." A nod to the elf then as he walked over towards the woman.

Whether or not she had been offering a seat near her, that is where he did sit, he was not a shy person so vicinity was not something he went out of his way to give to people. He climbed atop one of the stools and set himseld down. Leaning against his arms that he planted along the wooden trim of the countertop, offering her another smile. "If I did not know better, I would start to think you were following me. Luckily, I do know better." Stil half watching the elf in case he needed CPR or sprang to life in any other case for that matter.

Alexander

Back to top Go down

Post by ♥Allissya♥ Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:31 pm

She figured they might as well converse, time to kill and all that, right? Had she been following him? No. Was she going to mess with him? Yes! Lips curved upwards, as she looked at him with those bright leaf green eyes. "Oh, but I was following you." She spoke with a seriousness in her voice, and not even a hint of the fact she was messing with him. Of course, she had not a clue that the man would stumble upon the Inn or get a room, but he didn't have to know that did he? She could pretend for a while. Shy? Oh she was far from shy, unsure of herself when it came to whom she was now, but rather confident in every other aspect.
♥Allissya♥
♥Allissya♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Armandeus Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:41 pm

[I apologize for the delay. RL has been quite busy the past few days.]

Armandeus had been about to answer the man's question to him when the woman's words of how protective he was of the kitchen caused a roaring sound to engulf his senses. For the space of a moment the Elf found himself staring at the kitchen as it had looked as it burned, the roaring of flames loud in his ears.

A moment later the haunting was gone and Armandeus shook his head to clear the cobwebs as he stepped further into the bar area. "Pardon me. I am the chef here and protective I may be, I have never denied entrance into my kitchen from those who sought it."

Walking up behind the bar he looked between the man and the woman with a hint of a smile on his face. "I am Armandeus. What can I get you today? I can make almost anything you may desire."
Armandeus
Armandeus

Number of posts : 179

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Sat May 01, 2010 9:30 am

That brought about a little chuckle from himself as he heard her. "Really? For how long? Because I clearly have been blind to have missed you along my way." Which was either a testament to how beautiful she was, or an assessment to her stealth. Or even more possibly denying that someone might have played him as a novice to stalk him without his knowing. Yeah that was porbably the one.

He listened to the woman and more closely watched her. Whenever the elf spoke aloud again he quickly turned glacial hues to him, a smile offered. "I am not sure what you have on hand, but something hot, with some sort of meat. The details I think I will leave up to you, sir. I am no cook. Though a glass of wine would be great to begin with." Quieting himself to give the woman her time to order and such.

Alexander

Back to top Go down

Post by ♥Allissya♥ Sat May 01, 2010 2:37 pm

She wouldn't know about the fire, or any of that that had happened, for she had not been filled in on that. Just little things. But she smiled to the elf when he came out. And spoke. She would await for the other man to go first, for he was there first! After he replied on what he would like, she would shoot Armandeus a smile. "Would it be to much to ask for French Toast, bacon and a glass of Orange Juice?" The girl loved her breakfast food, and especially, "with some maple syrup?" She looked as if she was hoping she wasn't pushing him with the request but he did ask!

Then her leaf green bright gaze looked back to Alexander. "I dare say you may need to get your eyes checked!" A playful little grin. Then she decided to speak the truth, it wasn't that it was so hard. "Or maybe I was not following you, I was on my way to find some food, and saw you." A pause, "Though I am glad for the company." She had not met to many people here, so she was glad to meet someone knew, how glad was yet to be determined. On how well they got along, or did not get along, always good to have a good disagreement now and then as well.

♥Allissya♥
♥Allissya♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Tue May 11, 2010 10:13 am

A smile as he listened to her, these few people he had met so far were already far more kind than his average company. Her order just gave more hint to how adorable she was. He sat back some in his seat, watching the elf as well for whenever he might be ready. A small yawn escaped his lips but was ushered behind his quick hand. "So I am just fortunate you happened into the same location as me?" He would smile then, nodding. "Fortunate indeed. Are you from this place?" Motioning to his side some as if to encorporate the surrounding lands as well as the Inn.

Alexander

Back to top Go down

Post by ♥Allissya♥ Tue May 11, 2010 7:24 pm

Now, first impressions could be fake, because were not people on their best behaviors for the most part, during them? Not that Al knew she was going to be having a first impression with a man, or anyone else, save for maybe the man in the kitchen! The girl was hungry, so when the man she was seated near covered a yawn, she would actually pat her stomach. He did answer his own question before she was able to reply. A grin. "Oh yes, you do have that correct." Because the girl had self confidence, and who wouldn't be fortunate to meet her, really.

The next question, that one wasn't as cut and dry. "I am not. I actually just came here not to long ago. I'm from Earth." A pause, looking to him. "Are you from this place?" The broad spectrum of what she meant was implied for him as well.
♥Allissya♥
♥Allissya♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down