Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Testing Fate

2 posters

Go down

Testing Fate Empty Testing Fate

Post by Derick Silverleaf Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:08 am

Are you sure about this, my boy? The place isn’t gunna be the same without ya. And I dare to say….my pocket won’t be either.

That plea would come from the smith’s mouth as he smiled down to Derick. And the fact he smiled down was a feat in itself, Derick being rather tall himself. The scruffy man looked to those crystal blue eyes, hoping that he would reconsider his choice. But looking back at him would be a lost soul. Those eyes were empty of everything that he had become. All those years of growing, learning, experiencing….they didn’t exist. Who was looking back at him was a man that was running on auto pilot. Doing what his mind told him to do without feeling the reasons. Taking one final gaze around the shop, he would look back to the man.

I am sure, Killian. I have to tend to things away. But, like I told you, I would be more then happy to help out on any of the more difficult projects. I’ll be at the address I supplied you. Please, take care.

A small bow of the head would be given to the shop owner as Derick turned to walk out to his waiting horse. Passing the shop’s page, who would be looking up to him with those big brown teary eyes, Derick smiled, sending his fingers ruffling through his hair. He didn’t know why he had such a strong affinity towards the youngsters. It was just a natural thing, which would truly be put to the test very soon. Moving to the strong horse, a firm pat would be brought to her neck. Climbing on, no hesitation would be given before heels pushing into the horse and he was on his way.

But to where? Even a King’s fool would be able to guess that one. That horse, weighted down with several large saddle bags and bundles, would be steered towards the Inn. Now you would think over the length of the journey he would be thinking of all sorts of things. What his plan was. Who he was going to see. Who he was going to miss at the shop. But no. That mind of his was blank as parchment.

Winding down the road, he would see that vision come back into view. The Inn. Never was a dull place, he would give it that. It would even bring a shake of his head. Going straight to the stable, he guided his old horse to a free stall. But at least one thing would be a welcomed sight for the moment. As soon as Derick pulled in, that stable boy was running up offering to help him with his things. Chuckling, Derick hopped down.

Good to see you too. Just give her a good home.

It’s nice to always have one friend, so keeping people happy when he could would be one goal. Bending over, he would pick up as many of the bags as he could, leaving only two behind. Moving a bit slow due to the weight, he would make his way into the Inn and towards his room which at that moment he wandered if it was given away.

How long would he stay? Would he find a solid reason too? Was he doing the right thing? All valid questions in his mind. We shall see.
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Number of posts : 163

Back to top Go down

Testing Fate Empty Re: Testing Fate

Post by Derick Silverleaf Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:33 pm

Scooting up the stairs turned out to be a harder task then he anticipated. About half way up one of the saddle bags that he had wedged between a couple others managed to work its way free and fell down a few steps. Watching it fall, he would let out a low growl. Not really in a good position to pick it up, he would merely move a bit quicker so he could rush back to grab it before it grew legs. Luckily his room, if it was still his, was one of the first you would come to. Plopping the rest of the bags down in front of the door, hand would be dug into pocket to produce the key. Opening the door, blues would peer in slowly. Oh good, the place was as he left it. So, he would quickly move to bring the pile of bags inside. he would deal with placement later. For now, he needed those stragglers.

On his way back out to the stables, the fallen bag was picked up and toss over shoulder to make the trip with him. Boots thumped on the floor while he moved. Taking the opportunity, he looked around the place as he walked. Maybe he would see someone? Never know. There did always seem to be someone at least at the front counter. In his experience, it was usually De'Ryanna. Would be good to see her again. She was pleasant. But alas, the place was dead at the moment. Reaching the stables once more, he found that the boy had already started removing saddle and tack from his horse. Smiling filling his lips, Derick knew he had picked the right man for the job. Nodding to the boy he would chuckle as final bags were retrieved. Of course, he did promise the boy something for doing all the odd tasks Derick had asked. Being a man of his word, hand would be reached into sack. He knew what he was after. He put it right where he could remember it. And what would be pulled out but a leather bound journal. On the front would be embossed a simple image of a horse and mare grazing in an open field. The cover had attached a leather strap as to secure it closed. And on the inside of the cover would be his maker's mark, a carved oak leaf with "SC" above it, the letters intertwining with each other.

The boy was most likely very happy with it, but Derick didn't stop to make sure. He would be walking back inside to his room to drop off the rest of his belongings. However, knowing what he would be doing next, he would need to unpack a bit. Particularly the bags of clothes. And so for about the next hour he would be spending on himself. Grabbing himself a shower, picking out the right clothes, combing hair, using a little bit of oils. You would think he was planning a hot date or something. Well.....something. And the last ten minutes would have to be spent calming his nerves. He was getting closer to the moment. Those butterflies in his stomach were actually feeling more like piranhas feeding on his innards. But, he would be fine. Right?

Well, no time like the present to find out. With one last check in the mirror, he would let out a long breath. It was time. Moving out of his room, slow steps would take him to that door. Crystals looked at the number a few seconds. Come on, Derick. You can do it!
Fist came up and a low but steady knock would be give. But did he run away? No, but he was close. Maybe she wouldn't be home? How was fate choosing his night to go?

Azlin?
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by ~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~ Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:12 pm

One never knew whom was going to answer the door. Since the last time that she had ran into Derick, or rather Derick had been to her room with their surprise daughter in tow, Azlin had upgraded her and Allyssia's rooms. Instead of them having their own rooms, she had secured them a suite. Of course, the girl had complained about the cost something that Azlin had just waved off, really, she was worried about money. Azlin never thought about money, she had a nice little income with her avon, not to mention all the other stuff she had hoarded away. So it was a good thing that he found the right door, who knew whom might be in that room now.

Hearing the knock she got up from her spot on the super comfy couch. All of the items that had came with the room, were stored away in a safe place, to be exchanged for the items that she had used to decorate the new suite. Bare feet padded over the thick plush black carpet. Door would be opened, and a blink, "Derick. Hi! How's it going?" She thought a moment, "Care to come in?" He had lucked out and caught her while she was still in the room, and not out and about. Dressed in her normal white gown. Her long hair was pulled back in a low slung pony.
~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~
~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~

Number of posts : 181

Back to top Go down

Post by Derick Silverleaf Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:40 pm

He wouldn't be waiting long before that door was opened. And that was a good thing. Knowing his mind, all sorts of things could start popping into that thing if he was left unattended for too long. And with his current state of being, those thoughts would most likely not be good ones. And not the good not good ones. But instead, the door would be opened and he saw her. Those crystal blues well to her baby blues. And that empty soul would instantly have a small smile coming to lips. Huh. Imagine that. However, he would be standing there a few second just looking to her before he got himself to finally speak.

H..hello Azlin. I am well, thank you. I was hoping we could.....

See what happens when you give him a small moment to speak. He starts rambling falsehoods and mirrors. But when she offered for him to come in, he brought his own words to a screeching halt. Looking past her, he looked to the room. It was bigger then her other. Interesting. Back to her, he would lightly nod head, bright brown locks bouncing just a bit over shoulders.

I would like that, yes. Thank you.

So proper....as always. Taking those first few steps would be almost surreal. But, to him, their friendship was still relatively rocky, so he didn't want to go too far without her. So, after moving in a decent distance, form would be turned to face back to her.

I....I was hoping we could talk for a bit. Um....about u.....about Allysia.
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by ~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~ Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:36 am

She had a feeling the reason he was on her door step was he wanted to talk. Really, getting surprised with such a thing, was sure to bring him around to talk about their daughter. Once he was inside, she would close the door most of the way, though she left it open a crack. She had her reasons, didn't want anyone to get the wrong idea, ya know. She lifted a hand in a motion, "Please have a seat."

Once he was either seated or rather near the couch, she would slip over to the couch and sit upon the arm on the opposite side that he sat upon. "I figured you would come to speak of her. She is now sharing these rooms with me..but she's not in right now." She didn't tell him about the fight she had, but she needed her close so she could help her understand things. She would let him say what he wanted, before she would attempt to answer anything.
~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~
~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~

Back to top Go down

Post by Derick Silverleaf Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:21 am

Now the door thing was interesting. Was she nervous around him? No longer trusted him? Perhaps that's just one more thing he needs to build back up. In any case, when she motioned for him to sit, he would do just that. A simple nod of the head as he looked to her with those orbs. Turning, he would make his way over to her large comfty couch. Taking a seat, he would sit back. However he would not allow himself to get too comfortable. And honestly, it would be hard for him to even if he did want to. Waiting for her to join him, those eyes would wander around. She always had a way of decorating. Even though it was still very obvious that she was far from moved in yet, the place did have her delicate touch. When she sat, all attention would turn to her. Form turning on couch to more easily face her.

Well, yes. That is the major thing on my mind. But how you are fairing is up there as well. I am quite sure this is both harder and easier for you just because of who you are then it is for me. So I.....I wanted to see how you were doing with everything. And if there....if there is anything I can do.

Those big blues looked to her. A heavy burden was on his shoulders right now. A burden that he wanted nothing more then to take on and handle the best way that it should be done.
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by ~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~ Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:09 pm

The door was left open that crack so he wouldn't think anything weird. Oh, she did not know everything about Derick, but he knew probably even less about her. It was not his fault nor her own, it was just how things were. Sure people had scratches to itch, but she knew better then to let D be a scratcher, because she was not going to get herself into a situation that that would create. Nor was her most current itch reliever the sort that liked to share. But enough of that, that was not the reason that they were talking, the reason was currently out and about.

She gave a nod of her head, from her perch on the arm of the couch, she was a percher. "I am doing well. I had some urges, but those have been soothed. I knew Hera was capable of things but to actually do something like this." She shook her head lightly. "And I am going to try to get Al's permission to help her understand things better. Well things about me, truth be told, I think if she understood that, what I am, that she might handle the rest better." She peered at him to see what he had to say.

A small pause, "I told her about her sister, but I haven't told Gwen yet, that she has a sister, I have to hunt her down, eventually." She was debating how best to break the news to Gwen, and a part of her hoped that she would run into Gwen before Allyssia did.
~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~
~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~

Back to top Go down

Post by Derick Silverleaf Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:17 pm

Why did this feel so awkward? As he sat there looking to her form, his stature would be upright and proper. Too much so. In the back of his mind he was reminded of his years in training at the keep. Home. But that was a long time ago. However, how much of yourself can you really forget when its been ground into your very soul? Hopefully this period between them would be short. Perhaps at some point they can return to the friends they used to be. Maybe.

Well, that's what I wanted to be here for. I....I want to be a part of her life. If she would let me. And part of this is.....being in unison with you. I know she's all grown, but still. A parent is still a parent, right?

He didn't know. This was all new for him. And, just like every other aspect of his life, he wanted to put worth the best effort he possibly could. But, if only he would relax a bit. Might come easier that way. But that would involve not being stressed. This boy was currently tighter then coal making a diamond. Then hearing Az speak of her other daughter he would smile just a bit, tilting his head. He knew she had a daughter, even knew a name, but that was about it. She never talked of her in their short conversations, and he had never met her. He was curious, but didn't wish to pry.

Oh I am sure they will get along just fine. And if not, well..... she's your daughter.

That would bring a wide smirk to crimsons. That was a phrase he would have some pleasure in using, jokingly of course.
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by ~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~ Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:58 pm

She would give a nod to the first part of what Derick was saying. Because she would think he would want to be a part of their daughters life. If he did not, that would of been a bit odd, but she wouldn't be the first nor the last kid, that the father didn't want anything to do with them. Not that Az could blame the man, seeing he didn't know about her, but really she hadn't either, not really.

"You will have to ask her about that? And I dare say that once a parent, even if the child is grown your still a parent." Oh how she hoped that having two daughters running about wouldn't give her premature gray hairs. Not that they would be showing, she had tricks for that, but still! Of course, Azlin usually kept Gwen away from the various men, that she had dated, except for Serfius. He was the male role model the girl had for a father. She laughed, "Are you saying that I am hard headed?" She shook her head lightly, "I think time will tell how this all happens." She paused a moment, "I just hope it has a happy ending."
~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~
~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~

Back to top Go down

Post by Derick Silverleaf Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:26 pm

For the first time since being in her room, the laugh that was faintly let out would be genuine. His whole face changing to allow it. Looking to her he would nod just a little. But this was still odd for him. It might have been easier if he stuck around this last time. They had actually started speaking again. That night in the gardens still flows through his head from time to time. But no, he had to run away again. but, perhaps it was for the better? He did have a better since of how to spend his days.

Well....I wouldn't say it quite like that. But....a bit stubborn at times, yes. However, she is most deffinately your daughter. She is beautiful.

Oh that will be interesting. Not only is he just now becoming a father, but he is now a father to a gorgeous woman. So, not only will he have to become a good father in no time flat, he will have to become a protective too. However, him being who he was, most likely wouldn't be too hard of a task.

I am very sure it will. We just have to make sure we are in sync with some things. Mainly.....being...f..friends. I think that is very important. You know, so she sees good examples and such.
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by ~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~ Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:30 pm

She almost snorted! Her stubborn! Ha! Okay if truth be told she was very stubborn and when her mind was set, it stayed that way, and only one or two people had the influence with her to change it. Thankfully the one that had that influence with her was not oft one to try to change how she felt. A small nod of her head.

"That she is."

She would hate to see him show his protectiveness on their daughter. From what Azlin had seen so far, that wouldn't be the best, but she wasn't reading his thoughts, so she wouldn't speak up. "I think the fact that she already had those dreams, that it told her that we got along, even if we aren't together." Really kids did not always expect that their parents would be together for ever did they?
~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~
~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~

Back to top Go down

Post by Derick Silverleaf Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:33 am

For whatever reason he would be smiling wide now. They were talking about their child. Something they created for this world. Like a ton of iron bricks those thoughts hit him. Leaning forward in that chair, hands would mingle together, holding to each other tightly. Oh the things that were going through his mind now.

I just wish she could have grown up around us. Instead of...well....wherever she was. Would have loved to been there for her. But, better late then never. I'm just glad you were able to take her in. That's going to make a big difference for her. This has to be hard enough on her. So.....yeah. I'm glad.

He would smile again, looking to her with those almost dreamy crystal blues. Inside, he would flinch a bit at the mentioning of them no longer being together. Of course that was obvious for him. but those were memories he would most likely never be able to be rid of. But now he had other things to focus on. So many things actually. But Allysia is the real reason that he was here.
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by ~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~ Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:52 pm

[ sorry! I lost track of this. >.< ]

Surely, his mind was a dangerous place to be, as all mens minds were. At least she thought so. "Exactly, at least she has us now, even if that's not what she wants. But to bad, we are her family!" A small grin slipped back over her features. Because the girl was in trouble with that, they were family and that was something Az was good at, just ask Gwendolyn. "So did you have any err questions." She didn't know what all he wanted to talk about but there wasn't much for her to go off of with what they had so far!
~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~
~*~ Azlin Zoi ~*~

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down