Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Taking care of business

2 posters

Go down

Taking care of business Empty Taking care of business

Post by Derick Silverleaf Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:56 pm

A day had come and gone at the Inn. And like every day there, it seemed to be filled with unimaginable surprises. However, the jury would still be out if the end result was leaving his heart and mind in a good or bad state. As Derick packed up the small bag he had traveled with he started thinking on the previous day. Within minutes of walking through the doors he was faced with a mind altering connection with Madeline. Now, just like any other male, those crystal blues always did notice the fairer of the land, but she was a bit different. They instantly hit it off as it were. They even spent the afternoon together. With the memory fresh in his mind, a small smile would cross lips as hands pushed his prior day’s clothes in the bag. But that smile would quickly fade as the image of her smiling as he was forced through that void that brought him back to his room. Her small apology echoed in his mind as he watched his freely offered heart and mind shattered before him. He would have to quickly shake that thought out of his mind if he wished the day to proceed.

Hues started looking around. He would hate to leave anything behind. But as he did, he would pause as the thought of what had happened next came to mind. Going to the bar later the night had brought him a….well….a gift that he never could have imagined. Through a mess of confusion and doubt, he ended the night having a daughter! A beautiful young woman that she was now just popped into his life out of the blue. And what made it better…or worse….that she was a child he shared with his Azlin. Derick barely had a chance to really meet his little girl, but the main thought in his head would be, where would this put him and Azlin? She was always on his mind. For years he tried to remedy himself of the torture of seeing her marvelous face in his mind. But in the end, it was a curse he never really wanted rid of. She was….well…she knew how he felt. At least, he thought she did. She never did mention the gift he left on her birthday, but things were confusing.

With a sigh, he would slowly nod his head, taking a final look. For now. Heading out of his room, he would make his way to the front. It was the next morning after all. De’Ryanna said he could meet his buyer in the morning. And judging from her manner, she seemed to always be around. So, he went to the front desk hoping to see her there as to take care of his business before leaving.

But for good? That……he would think on.
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Number of posts : 163

Back to top Go down

Taking care of business Empty Re: Taking care of business

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:27 pm

Busy, busy, busy little bee. If only bees were as busy as she. Or vice versa for there were many times where it didn't seem like De'Ryanna was that busy at all - but that was on the surface. There was a lot of things that people did not see. For instance, the man who had ordered the package was true to his word and had come to the Inn very early in the morning. Very early. So early in fact that when he arrived De'Ryanna had almost wanted to give him a room so that he could stay there until normal waking hours. Instead she only showed him the Bar area and set him up with a drink and light food while he loitered around the fireplace. Of course, this meant that she could not return to what it was she was doing either. Good thing she was use to waking in the early hours.

So it was that De'Ryanna was in the Meeting Hall managing the Inns financial books when Derick came down the steps and approached the desk, she picked up his scent when he came off the steps. Putting her pencil in the book to hold her spot she closed it and left it on the table there as she went to see what he needed.

One thing she did notice when she saw him was the bag - he had only agreed for a night and therefore the fact that he was packed to leave wasn't surprising at all. "Good morning Derick, I hope that you slept well." She didn't know anything about what happened to him while he was here, if she had maybe she would have had a thing or two to say. As it were she pulled out the ledger and started turning it to the page that had his information.

"I see you're packed. Mister Telra Naemyn came in early this morning, just as he said he would." Even if his arrival was a bit of an inconvenience. She gave a wave of her hand in the direction of the bar. "He's waiting in there."

She pulled out a pen and placed it on the ledger, turning it around she eased it in his direction. "If you are going to leave your room.. would you sign next to your name please? Then I will take you in to see him."
De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Number of posts : 566

Back to top Go down

Post by Derick Silverleaf Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:35 pm

As she greeted him, those solemn features would turn to her. Turning towards the front counter, he would shift the bag more onto his shoulder. Looking to her, he would only smile slightly as he nodded his head at her words. Though, at her question about his sleep, he would merely shrug. Oh yes, he was definitely a quite different manner then he was when he arrived the previous day. Not that he would be sharing the happenings that he had experienced. There was no need. Things will work out how the fates wished. Some for the better. Others.....

Okay, thank you, De'Ryanna. Let me go get my samples first.

Again, he would nod to her. As he turned, eyes would take a look at the entrance to the bar. He would try to see the man that was inside. But either way, he wouldn't pause but rather start heading outside. Though, he did not pay any attention to that book of hers. It was as if his mind completely blocked it from thought. Heading outside, he would walk straight to the stables. Once inside, he walked straight to his cart. Looking around, he would smirk a bit when he saw the stable boy sleeping with the horse! Digging into his bag, he would pull out a few coins. Quietly walking over, they would be placed close to his knees as he slept. Then, he would go and heave up that box he had arrived with and worked his way back inside. Not stopping at the front, he headed straight into the bar.

Right down to business. He had a long day ahead of him.
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.Telra Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:42 pm

"Ha ha! Elvish you say? Marvelous, marvelous!" From inside the bar area came the booming voice of one Mr. Telra Naemyn as he bellowed through the open kitchen door.

What a curious place this Inn was turning out to be! Who would have thought to find an Inn named the same as he and in a different language to boot? For the broad shouldered and stocky man sitting at the bar he found it highly amusing indeed. So amusing the man was chuckling heartily as he dug into the large platter of pancakes with bacon and eggs that had been provided by the chef.

"Oh-ho! Another early riser!" Mr. Naemyn bellowed out at Derick as he entered the bar area and waved to beckon him closer. "Come! You must partake of the food here! It is simply marvelous!"

Mr.Telra

Back to top Go down

Post by Derick Silverleaf Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:29 am

Hobbling his way into the main area of the bar, he looked over to the man. Immediately a brow would rise. Was this really the owner of the Inn? True he never really heard talk of the owner, both this visit and his last stay. So it was very possible that his visits were just rare enough that no one spoke of him. Oh well. As long as he took ownership of the order it didn't matter. Nodding to the gent, Derick made his way over. Hoisting the box up onto the bar top, just as he did before, the latches were undone and lid removed. Stepping back he looked to the man, turning on his professional demeanor.

Pleasure meeting you, Mr. Tel'ranaemyn. I hope everything is to your liking. And I truly hope we didn't take too long. Some of your designs were very unique. But I must admit, it was thrilling working with your ideas.

A polite smile was pushed to his lips. Looking to the food, a gentle shake of his head would be made. Arms would stretch behind his form, white cotton shirt stretching just a bit. It wasn't his own shirt so it fit rather oddly. Fingers would wrap around wrist, leaving hands behind form as he watched.

Oh no thank you. The food is good, but I must be going once you are satisfied.
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.Telra Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:34 am

Ah, the world was full of coincidences! And as it happened the name of Mr. Telra Naemyn and the Tel'Ranaemyn Inn were one of such coincidences. Alas, that was the only thing connecting the two for this man was not the owner of this Inn. How intriguing it would be if he was! If the building was to ever come to sell Mr. Naemyn would be the first to put in his offer!

"It is a pleasure to meet you as well m'boy!" Pushing his empty plate aside Mr. Naemyn hoisted himself from his stool for the closer to inspect the contents of the box. "May I?" A hand was waved towards the pieces inside, but without waiting for an answer the man had already reached in and taken one out! Turning it this way and that he studied it from every possible angle and then some. This Mr. Telra Naemyn was no dummy believe you me and recognized quality work when he saw it. And this was some truly fine quality work! "Wonderful, wonderful! You have captured my designs perfectly!" Placing the item back into the box the great man turned back to Derick. "Alas! Good help is such hard to find in these parts but I seem to have done it! You have my full satisfaction as well as Mr. Underhill's who I shall be installing these items for!"

Mr.Telra

Back to top Go down

Post by Derick Silverleaf Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:57 am

Well, to me, a man is only as good as his deeds. So thank you.

Noddign a bit, that polite smile would remain. Oh yes, he knew when he was on stage. And being professional and doing business was one such act. As the man looked over the different candleabras, lanters, door knob, knocks and the like, Derick watched. It was always interesting what details certain people paid more attention to. Some looked for the coloring in the metals, some the markings around corners and curves. Once hearing the man's final remark, he would nod quickly. Then reaching back into the box, the sales contract would be pulled out. Knowing the place as he did, he knew if he stretched himself over the bar he was bound to find a pen on a shelf somewhere. What luck! Retracting back, the paper was shifted over to him along with the pen. Though before placing down the pen, it's tip would be used to point out the signature line.

Just sign right here for acceptance of the order and i'll bring the rest in.

As he waited, those crystal blues began to look around a bit. The place really didn't change. Just the people. He would even turn to look back towards the front desk. If De'Ryanna were still there, he would send her a small warm smile. Then back to watching.
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:54 pm

Derick's smile would not have to far to travel as De'Ryanna was taking a vested interest (spying) in what was going on, not to mention that the smell of food was a good draw and she was feeling a little hungry. She was walking up to the two gentlemen and smiled back to Derick. "Well now, it's good to see that everything is working itself out."

That's how it looked from her viewpoint. Curious eyes took in all the things that were in the box and noted that they were the same as she saw the other day. Then what was in this other box that he mentioned he had waiting.

"Our chef does a wonderful job with the food, are you sure that you will not stay and have something Derick. It is never wise to travel on an empty stomach." Her hand reached out as though she were about to pat the man's stomach but instead she patted the air in front of it.

"Or perhaps I can have something packed for you? If you are still intending to go." He had only planned for a single night but they were not kicking him out.
De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Number of posts : 566

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.Telra Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:50 pm

All the world was a stage, a great man had once proclaimed. And a good business deal was but a seat in the front row for someone like Mr. Naemyn who was far used to doing them.

The pen had been set down to be picked up again and with a flourish the name of one Mr. Telra Naemyn was signed on the dotted line. "Thank you m'boy! Thank you! Your work is quite exceptional!"

Ah, there was the young lady who had been kind enough to let him stay this morning! "Young lady! Have the chef fix whatever m'boy here desires and charge it to me! I cannot let the creator of such fine work go hungry!"

Mr.Telra

Back to top Go down

Post by Derick Silverleaf Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:29 pm

It was done! Those crystals watched pen on paper as the man signed. Once the deed was done he was home free. Well, that is if he could pry himself away now. But, at the moment, he was very motivated. Picking up the paper once it was signed, he would smile to the man sitting in front of him. Paper within fingers starting to be folded in thirds to more easily fit in back pocket.

Thank you very much. Please come back to Killian's if you need anything else.

Hearing his next words, he would look back to De'Ryanna. That forced smile still over lips. Maybe she would pick up on it? Most likely not, but he would help it along. Taking a step back as to no longer be between the two he would speak, head turning to look to them both.

Oh no, thank you for your kind offer. But I must be going. I...have a busy day ahead of me. Thank you again for your help.

That last bit directed to De'Ryanna as he looked over. And before he would let them argue anymore, he would take a few steps backwards before turning to start for the entrance again. He would be going out to the stables again. There, he would spend the next few minutes emptying the cart of the three other boxes, making a nice little stack along one of the walls. Of course this would grab the attention of that eager stable boy who ran over. Derick looked to him with a small smile.

Gets these inside and I'll bring you something for your trouble a bit later.

Of course that would be easier said then done as these crates were much heavier then the sample box, but it would at least keep the boy busy for a while. With all that done, he hopped on the horse and started pulling the empty cart down the road. As he started to get a bit of distance away, those blue would turn around, looking back at the Inn.

Please be kind to me. I only have so much left to give.

Who was he speaking to? Who was in his mind as those words were whispered out? Person or Place? These would only be answered in time.
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down