Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Cheeseburger in Paradise!

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Cheeseburger in Paradise! Empty Cheeseburger in Paradise!

Post by Xavier Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:24 pm

The walk did not take that long, as she was quite capable of keeping up with him. Xavier was more than impressed at this, he was the type that was completely put off by frail and dainty women. "Good, there's not too much of a crowd today. Hope you brought your appetite, Titania, because these folks believe in packing a cheeseburger well beyond the normal load limit." That was, of course, one of the main reasons he had come back here." Yes, the guy was enjoying himself, for not only was she very easy on the eyes, she was also able to hold her own in conversation.

Pushing the door open, he offered to let her enter first, then followed closely behind. The place was decked out in a sort of island theme, complete with palm trees, coconut shells, and fake sharks. "It's seat yourself here, so you get to pick. Table or booth?" He could manage with either one, but she may have a preference. He noticed one of the workers, and raised his hand in greeting. The middle-aged woman, who both owned and ran the place with the help of her almost-grown children, smiled and nodded back. She barked a few orders to her kids, and continued to sweep.

"Okay, we should be set in a moment or two. Remember what I said about the onion rings and the bacon....she's great and all, but her kids are stingy." With that, he simply waited for her to choose the seating arrangement.
Xavier
Xavier

Number of posts : 212

Back to top Go down

Cheeseburger in Paradise! Empty Re: Cheeseburger in Paradise!

Post by -:|[ Titania ]|:- Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:40 pm

She was glad that he agreed with her agreeing to let him pay. And the fact that he had not protested her words. Frail and dainty might work for some females, and if the situation called for it, she could pretend. But there was no point in faking whom she was. Take her as she was pretty much. When they got inside she glanced around. Taking in the scent of the place. She was the sort that liked to know her surroundings. "Oh I have an apppetite." She did, she had only a small break at work, and it was not spent eating today. Filling out the paper work for her new job duties.

"I am a booth person. More room and more comfortable. Are you alright with the booth?" The chairs were usually harder and after working she liked comfort. Creature comforts were a favorite. She would start towards a open booth table, but paused to make sure he was alright with it. "Yes! I want to ask for extra bacon, but stay away from the onion rings. French fries are okay as long I dont expect them to be french." She grinned over at him, thinking that was everything she was suppose to remember.

If he was okay with the booth she would continue to lead the way, slipping into a booth seat, and just letting herself relax. Taking the bag off of her shoulder and letting it sit next to her on the booth's seat.
-:|[ Titania ]|:-

Number of posts : 336

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavier Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:41 am

"Sure, booths are cool. I rather enjoy padded seats, anyway." He chuckled slightly, and nodded. "You got it. Now, the iced tea is kind of okay here, but ever since I discovered the joy of carbonation, I've never looked back." The menus were on the tables, right behind the ketchup, or catsup if you want to be pretentious, salt, pepper, and hot sauce. There was also some white sauce in a squirt bottle, but as a general rule, it's best to avoid experimenting with the 'unknown sauce' that almost every diner had. This one, it turned out, was creamed horseradish, which is as heinous as it sounds. Unless, of course, you dig that sort of thing with your roast beef. At any rate, he handed a menu over to Titania, then took one for himself, and kind of looked it over. He knew what he wanted, so he didn't really need to look over the menu. He just wanted a chance to surreptitiously stare at her.

You normally didn't find such a fun personality in such a pretty package, but, it seemed that he had hit some sort of cosmic lottery. Before she had a chance, he hoped, to see that he was staring, he glanced back to the menu, pretending to be engrossed in the dinner choice. After a few moments, he placed his menu on the table, smiling slightly. He caught the scent of stale sweat, onion, raw meat, and.....beer? Maybe it had been a long day for the woman. He winked to Titania in a watch-this kind of way, and grinned. After all, who was he to judge...look at how his day had started!

"Well, honey, what kin I getcha?"

Xavier smiled at her. "Why, Rebecca, you get better looking every time I see you! How are the children? And when, for the Light's sake, are you going to leave all of this behind and run away with me?"

"Oh, you young scoundrel! I'm old enough to be your.....older sister, I'd wager!" One would note the way the woman blushed, were they to look at her.

Xavier smiled, nodding slowly. "Alas, I am rebuffed once again. Rebecca, this is Titania. She has agreed to accompany me to dinner, and I brought her here, since the food is only a hair's breadth away from ambrosia and nectar." He nodded to Titania, and winked. "Lady goes first. I'm not being chauvinistic, it's just one of those rules. Order as much as you can hold, and please, don't be shy about eating. Rebecca is one of the best cooks around here, and she doesn't get crabby if you need a takeout bag for leftovers."
Xavier
Xavier

Back to top Go down

Post by -:|[ Titania ]|:- Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:00 am

A laugh. "Me too! Those other chairs aren't have as comfortable." She spoke from her side of the booth. When he handed her a menu she smiled, "Thank you." She did remember the words, the hints persay about how to order and what to stay away from. Perhaps it was best for him, that she wasn't as aware of those things, when people paid her more attention. Oh she didn't really have any self estem issues, but she wasn't the sort that was constantly looking into her mirror either.

Once she decided what she wanted to eat she would hand the menu over to Xavier. She then waited, she caught the wink, and was silent because she did like to see how people reacted with others. There was a smile as she watched the play by play between the two. She did her best not to laugh, for it was sweet.

Waiting until she asked, and after Xavier said she had to order first, Titania would smile warmly to the woman, Rebecca he had called her, "Nice to meet you." She nodded before placing her order, "Could I get a bacon cheeseburger with extra bacon, ketchup, mustard and extra pickles. A order of fries. And a coke?" If they didn't have coke she would take just a cola. She was curious what Xavier was going to order, and see she did stay away from the onion rings.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavier Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:58 am

The woman smiled politely, nodding as she wrote the order down, and looked over to Xavier with a wink. "Well, m'boy, you've found yourself a looker, to be sure. Healthy appetite, too. I like that in a young woman, it shows character!"

Xavier grinned, nodding enthusiastically. "She's a special one, I agree. You know how I hate the dainty sort that lives on salad and water. Give me a carnivore any day!" He laughed then, and glanced at the menu. "Alright, Rebecca. I'll have what she's having, and please, leave us a pitcher of Coke. I'm halfway dehydrated still! Light, those bloody folk that I was working for had two choices for beverage. Watered-down beer and muddy water!"

Rebecca glared at Xavier for a moment, then smiled. "Leave the sour language at the outpost, ya barbarian!" Still, she chuckled, gathering the menu up and walking back into the kitchen to get their order ready. Above the clang and clatter of pots and such, you could hear her yelling at her progeny to hustle.

Xavier, leaning back, grinned and kept his eyes trained on Titania's. "So, there's still a lot I don't know about you. Wanna play you tell me, I tell you?" He grinned at that, leaning forward a bit so that his elbows rested on the table. He was, if one hadn't already noticed, very interested in her.
Xavier
Xavier

Back to top Go down

Post by -:|[ Titania ]|:- Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:35 am

Now, the girl wasn't a stranger to compliments, but she was a stranger to compliments coming from a motherly figure. Not that she saw the lady as her mother, but you know she was a mother, and she seemed to dote on Xavier. A touch of a blush crept over her cheeks. She even looked down at the table a moment. Especially when they were talking about the fact that she liked to eat. Even if they were saying good things. It felt...strange. Not that she would hold that against Xavier. She might hold something else against him, but not that.

A grin touched her lips, as she looked up, listening to the play by play of the two. Then they were aloneish again. And she nodded to him. "I'm game for that, but how exactly does it go? Is it just like it says?" She was pretty much up for new things, and though she never played this game she was a willing participant. "And how do we start this?" She knew she shouldn't put her elbows on the table, but until the food came she too could break that ettiqute. Leaning them upon the table, and placing her chin into her hands, fingers curling against her face. The only person whom probably didn't notice how into her he was, was her. She was always a bit slow when it came to that, she always had the, odd way of explaining things away. No matter if she wanted the other person to be interested in her, or not.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavier Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:46 am

Xavier smiled widely. "Has anyone ever told you you're cute when you blush? Not that you aren't at any other given time....." He let that trail off, considering what to say next. "How does it go? Well, that's up to you, Titania. I could start, if you'd like me to. We basically take turns telling each other interesting tidbits about ourselves...nothing too heavy, I'm not going to ask any uncomfortable questions or anything. Well, not intentionally, anyway. Just let me know if I hit on something you'd rather not discuss, okay?"

He thought about what to say, idly tapping his chin with a forefinger as he thought. "Now...yeah, I'll go first. You know I have a twin sister, De'Ryanna. I kid her a lot about being her big brother, but I was only born five minutes before she was. Still, it counts!" He chuckled a bit before continuing. "Hmm....up until a few weeks ago, I was a soldier. We were fighting these nasty beasts called Trollocs out by a place called the Blight. Nasty, nasty place....just as nasty as the beasts we were fighting. I was trained as a swordsman by a great man, a Blademaster called Tyrion. He was patient, seeing as how I started training at the sword when I was four. He was kind as well, since he used practice swords instead of the real thing." He laughed at this, remembering how Tyrion had told him he could have a real sword when he knew which end was the cutting end. "Mom said I needed discipline in fighting, because I liked to fight so much." He left out the whole part about how he was running on four legs before he could walk on two. That might have led to a whole set of questions that he felt might scare her off. How exactly do you work in something like that? Oh yeah, well, I'm also a mythical creature in my spare time, and I frequently howl at full moons? Yeah. Right.

After he had finished speaking, he nodded, still smiling and keeping eye contact. "So, you know a great deal about me. Your turn!" He chuckled good-naturedly, making sure he wasn't pushing her too hard. Truth was, he was really coming to like her a lot, so whatever she told him wouldn't put him off. One would have to get up very early in the morning to shock or disturb him.
Xavier
Xavier

Back to top Go down

Post by -:|[ Titania ]|:- Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:02 pm

At his words, she laughed, not the dainty oh look at me I'm a girl laugh, but a real laugh. "I shall keep that in mind." A small pause, "Thank you." A compliment from a nice man, had to be met with a thank you. She was not the vainest of creatures, but she did enjoy hearing such things, might even turn her head. "Your not so bad yourself." But he had to already know she thought that, or why else would she of accepted his offer? She easily could of said she had something to do, and it would not be a lie, for she had many things to do. Though none that had a time limit of right this moment, so she was going to enjoy this outting. A nod of her head as he spoke, "I can do that."

Well, seeing he gave her more because of the family bit and the fact he was solider, always did like men in uniforms, might have to ask if he had one for his soldering bit. She decided to start with her family. "Well I am the middle child, I have two brothers, one older one younger. My older brother was killed in a gang related drive by." A small shake of her head there. "My younger brother just moved out of my apartment, but he still comes by to borrow the car or sleep on the couch when he doesn't want to go home." She would pause a moment, "Neither my brothers or myself know our fathers. I don't know about my oldest brothers father, but mine left once he realized my mom was pregnant. My little brothers father he comes around sometimes, but....it didn't end well between him and my mom." She wasn't going to say why, how could she when she felt it was her fault, even though she knew logically that it wasn't her fault. "Our granny raised us up, out at her house, and it was good. Until mom got a new boyfriend, took my younger brother to live with her there. Lets just say they don't get along." And a reason why he sleeps on her couch. "Granny passed on not to long ago." So she had family but she still felt..alone, alot of the time. A small grin though because the next piece of information was not so hard. "And you know where I work, I've been there for a while now. It's a fitting place, and the higher ups seem to like me enough, I've gotten a couple of promotions since starting." And it had not taken her long to get them. Reliable was one thing they said. Even though they wouldn't admit it, they also liked the fact that she did personal customer service, when she could.

She did watch him, see what sort of reactions he made, facial clues sometimes gave things away. She did just give him the basics pretty much, leaving out a thing or two here or there, but he had the gist now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavier Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:35 am

As he listened to her story, he couldn't help frowning. While he had heard about drive-by shootings on television, he had never met anyone who was a victim or family of one. He slightly grumbled when she mentioned her 'father', eyes growing a little dark as she spoke. A man who abandons his children....well, he had personal knowledge of this topic, but things had gotten a lot better since he spoke to his own father. He understood why Gawain had left, and knew there was no way he could have changed things. The simple knowledge that it wasn't his fault that he left was comforting, and he had come to terms with things. Instinctively, he reached across the table and took her hand in his own, taking care to be gentle as he did so. "I'm sorry, Titania. About your brother, your absent-yet-unmissed sire...I say sire because, quite frankly, you only call a man father if he tried to be one....or if he had to leave and couldn't help it. My own father, Gawain, left Mom, Ryan, and I when we were still small, but he didn't want to go. I only recently came to terms with that...I guess I had to grow up to understand."

He paused there, still holding her hand gently, and looked down at it, nodding since he understood. "I'm sorry to hear about your Granny. From what little you told me, she sounds like an amazing woman. I would have liked to meet her. It seems to me that she was more than a grandparent to you, since she raised you and your brothers." He smiled when she mentioned her job, thankful that she worked there and, for the first time, also thankful he had woken up badly hung-over. "It's a good thing I needed coffee, or else I may never have met you. That would have been awful. Well, for me, anyway...I would have missed out on getting to know a very good person."

As they spoke, Rebecca came to their table, placing the food in front of them, smiling that knowing smile as she saw him holding Titania's hand. She didn't want to break their conversation up, so she just nodded, placing the check beside Xavier's plate, and walked back into the kitchen to start cleaning up. Xavier grinned at Titania, noticing that Rebecca had made their burgers identical, with large amounts of bacon hanging out of the buns and a large pickle spear lying beside them on the plates. A heap of fries on both plates as well, probably more than two people could have eaten together. He released her hand with a smile, sitting back and reaching for the ketchup. "Well, dig in! Trust me, you're going to love the burger. The fries are great, too. She hand-cuts them instead of buying the frozen kind." With that, he dumped a good-sized portion of ketchup onto his plate, and began to eat.
Xavier
Xavier

Back to top Go down

Post by -:|[ Titania ]|:- Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:29 pm

She saw that frown, and she wasn't sure she liked it. The past was exactly that, the past, sure it helped create the person infront of him, but it didn't define her. She hadn't told him her story for pity. It was told because that was what they said they were going to do. And if you got it all out at one time, people could get any questions out of the way, and you wouldn't have to worry if you said something, that they didn't know about that you would get those questions at a later time. A part of her wanted to grab her hand back, though she did not, she wasn't a broken damsel. "Xavier...I didn't tell you this to upset you. Or make you feel sorry for me."

Now when he talked about her granny, seeing that was relatively new as in they still were doing the leg work to find out where her will was, that was something still fresh to her. "Yes, she was a great woman." She gave hi a bit of a smile at his next words. "Then you would of just had to bring a different young lady here to see if she could pass inspection." A small impish grin formed as her eyes went towards Rebecca. She wasn't hinting or stretching for a denial or anything, or a compliment, she was just stating the facts as she saw them. She did that alot.

When Rebecca brought the food, her eyes lowered to look at it. It looked rather yummy to her mind. It could of been the day, she had a soft spot for greasey and fried foods. When he released her hand the first thing she did was grab a fry off of the plate, even as he spoke about them. Her eyes closed, as she savored the taste of her fry, once she was done her eyes opened. "I always loved home cut fries." Fresh potato's tasted better. She would wait til he was done with the ketchup, once he was she would pick it up and put a small pile on her plate, for the rest of her fries. Then picking up the burger she would taste it the same way she had the fry. Once she opened her eyes she smiled. "Your right, this food is great!" And the girl could eat, which he would see, she wasn't the dainty sort after ordering food. And that might be a huge pile of fries, but that didn't mean that they stood a chance. Every bite she took her mouth did close to chew around it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavier Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:56 am

He was already digging into his food with gusto, but when she said what she did about her previous story, he looked down. "Sorry, old habit. I'm so used to dealing with those fragile doily-slingers at court that I sometimes forget to not be that way with decently strong women. Besides, maybe I was just using that as an excuse to hold your hand?" He was, by the way, though he wouldn't admit to it at the moment. Instead, he winked and continued to munch on his food. "Yeah, Rebecca can cook her ass off. I'm just happy to be eating something besides those Light-forsaken beans and franks the camp cook used to force on us. Beans and franks...tools of the Dark One, I say!"

He chuckled, grabbing his drink to take a quick gulp. "Yeah, what I was thinking of, though, was what you said about your sire. I won't call him a father, because a father stays if he can possibly do so. I bore a grudge against my own father for a long time, but when I met him, we had a chance to talk. We talked for most of the night, had drinks, which explains why I was is such bad shape when we first met, and I got to know him, not to mention found out why he was gone. It felt good to get rid of those years of hostility....especially since the guy's not half-bad once you get to know him. Which, I'm hoping, you will. That all depends, though, on how my current endeavors go." He grinned then, grabbing his burger for another large-ish bite. After he had chewed and swallowed, he spoke again. "By the way....you gonna eat that pickle?"
Xavier
Xavier

Back to top Go down

Post by -:|[ Titania ]|:- Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:19 pm

She was apeased by his words. If he was used to having to treat the girls he was used to be around with kid gloves, she could understand it coming out here, as well. She didn't say any words that would explain that she was, instead he might of noticed that her shoulders relaxed a bit more. When she was agitated they puffed up a bit, much like many other peoples would, and had. So then that smile stole over her lips, after she had finished another french fry. "And were you?" Were you just making an excuse to hold my hand. She only said the first part, but the whole thing was running through her head.

A small wrinkle of her nose, "Never been a fan of beans, though franks I always liked them cooked on a bun, some ketchup, mustard and chips." Yes she did put chips in her bun for her hot dogs. And some "Macaroni and cheese. Simple fair that is so yummy." Yes she said yummy, and perhaps, just maybe she had slipped her eyes to his at that word.

While he talked she took the time to eat, no dainty bites here, the girl could eat. Chew, bite chew bite. The burger was about gone, by the time he was done, speaking about fathers. "I try not to think about him to much. Like whom he was, or any of that. I dare say that my mother probably forgot whom he was by now." That was a good reason why she only dated men her own age, or roughly in that age group, no wanting to find out your banging your dad. Eww. Not that she was the town whore, oh no she learnt against that by seeing her mom's example, but she wasn't a virgin either. Which was good because of her homework assignment. She did wonder if her father ran into her mother on the street if they would even know each other. Her fingers had just lifted said pickle when he spoke, a small grin on her lips, "Are you kidding the pickle is the best part!" Spoken as she took a bite, the pickles juices jumping from the pickle due to her teeth, pink tongue darting to the corner of her mouth. Perhaps she should of just gave him the pickle, but the girl loved pickles! Setting the pickle down, she picked up two fries, and dipped them intot he ketchup.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavier Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:14 am

Xavier smirked at that, watching her eat the pickle as he completely forgot about his own food. "Of course I was! It was all a ruse, you see, to give me an excuse." He winked, then, as if remembering dinner, started munching fries again. The burger was long gone, of course, since that's where they put the meat. In either form, he was a raging carnivore. Don't worry, though. Humans taste awful, so no one is in danger. Well, yet, anyway.

He had caught himself humming a tune, and stopped, coloring slightly. He had never figured out why, but when he grew interested in a pretty girl, he began humming the same tune. It had many names, since tunes were apt to be adopted for many different songs, but the one in his mind was sung by a court bard. It told the story of a beautiful woman who didn't realize she was so fair. In areas other than the one he had heard the same tune, the lyrics were quite raunchy and told a very different story. The only similarity in the two songs was the fact that they both told a story involving a woman. Upon hearing her speak of macaroni and cheese, he laughed. "The cook on base tried to make that once. It was okay, I suppose...well, if you don't mind eating it after you've had to chip smaller chunks off to fit in your mouth. Good thing I have good teeth, I guess. As for that guy, forgetting him is probably the best way to go. Life goes on, as they say. Say...when you get done, and I take care of the tab, want to go for a walk?" He was going to behave, of course. He could, if he wanted, be a perfect gentleman, no matter what De'Ryanna would say! Knowing her, she'd find him and start telling Titania stories....
Xavier
Xavier

Back to top Go down

Post by -:|[ Titania ]|:- Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:57 pm

She heard the words, and that playful little grin formed over her lips. "All you had to do was ask." A lift of one finely arched brow, the girl took care of those types of things. And really she was a bit of a flirt, but whom could blame her, a nice attractive man had taken notice of her, and asked her out for a bite to eat. She would begin to work on her fries as well, which might surprise Xavier because the girl did not quit until her fries were all but gone. Picking up the drink she took a nice long pull of the soda.

Then when he was telling the story about the macaroni and cheese she started cracking up. "Oh that sounds horrible! Poor teeth!" She did not ask to inspect his teeth, he said he had good chompers and she was fine with believing him. Then he asked about going for a walk, and she gave a look over to his plate, seeing he still had a few fries, and her plate was clean. "If you finish all your dinner, we can go for a walk." A impish little grin formed once more. Behaving sometimes was boring...

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavier Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:22 pm

He grinned, thankful for his mind being taken off of the stories De'Ryanna could tell Titania. "I'll keep that in mind for later. Oh, and my teeth are fine, they're even straight!" He grinned on purpose now, showing off his rows of pearlies. Truth is, he took good care of his teeth. I mean, how many places sell dentures in wolf AND human? "Shee?" He realized he had spoken around the grin, so he hastily amended that. "I mean see?" He was having a great time, no doubt, and was happy to see that she approved of his new favorite eatery.

After awhile, he just allowed a lazy smile to crawl its way across his face. "Well, then, you have yourself a deal." Chomp! "Done! Now, let's see....." He began counting out coin, intent on his task, then, with the air of someone that had something better to do, just grabbed a handful and grinned. "Alright, I'm ready whenever you are. Rebecca is pretty strict when it comes to how her business is run, and she knows I know the prices. I just usually leave her some extra. Tough woman, but she doesn't deserve to have to work so hard....nor do her kids. Heh, I say kids when they're older than me! They stay and help because they need to and want to. Rebecca, well, she was left in this fix because of another damned war." That dampened his mood a bit...he despised most nobles because he had been on both sides of the trench, so to speak. A commoner and a nobleman are on the same level during enlistment and on the field. He shook his head, clearing it of negative thoughts. "Sorry. It's just...I don't like wars. It's a little too easy to toss aside humanity when someone is aiming a sword at your gut. Anyway, Rebecca is doing good now, her business is steady, and it keeps her occupied. Life's funny that way...takes a tragedy and turns it into the very thing to get you through." What he didn't say was that, after hearing about Rebecca's situation, he had visited her numerous times, each time making sure she discovered a large sum of gold coin in her mailbox. How it kept getting there, he would never tell.

He gave a start, smiling sheepishly. "I'm sorry, I got off track. We're done here, unless you want something else, so, how about that walk?" He was up for it, and hopefully, so was she.
Xavier
Xavier

Back to top Go down

Post by -:|[ Titania ]|:- Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:49 pm

Laughter, that came out as she watched him. With his teeth. What shiny big teeth you have, grandmother, popped into her mind, but that did not get spoken. No, she didn't speak everything on her mind, though he might disagree at some point of time, if they hung out long enough. Pretty much if the food tasted good, and she didn't have to cook it, she liked it.

She had not a clue how, him paying the bill went so far into a detailed description of Rebecca's life. She had stood up, after he put the money on the table, but now she sat back down. Head tilting as she studied him just so. She wasn't going to say anything, at first, because it was nice to know whom served you. Made sure you could trust the food, but this, went further. One finely arched brow raised, "Are you sleeping with Rebecca? Or have you slept with her?" She didn't know any guy that talked so much about another woman, no matter her age, when asking a different girl to dinner. "Or perhaps you would rather go for a walk with her." She nodded as she stood again, "Thanks for the dinner..."

She would turn to wave towards the woman in question in case she was watching, before stepping out the door. Not one of his usual damsels in distress, she spoke what was on her mind, if one beat around the bush they would never know what they wished too, would they? Besides just because Rebecca was old enough to be his mom, did not mean anything, she had seen some odder pairings.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavier Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:00 am

It sure was a good thing he was no longer eating. Even so, he came close to choking. "Uh-wha?! Are you serious?!" Light, was she? "Maybe you misunderstood. She reminds me of someone, and I feel for her." He shook his head, waving a hand casually. "Nothing more, I assure you. 'You cannot save the world alone, but never stop trying to make a difference.'" That last was spoken in the tone of one who is reciting something from memory. "My first teacher was a wise man...anyway, we walking?" He grinned good-naturedly, even offering an arm to her as they made their way the short space from the table to the door. "Tell you what. I'll stop talking my head off about such things, and I'll listen for a change. Deal?"
Xavier
Xavier

Back to top Go down

Post by -:|[ Titania ]|:- Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:29 am

She was very serious! She wouldn't of said it if she didn't believe it. She did believe it. And so, "So you haven't slept with Rebecca, yet, but you did with this other older lady that she reminds you of?" Ha! Either way, he had a thing for mature ladies in her mind!

She had already went outside before he had offered that arm of his. So she wouldn't hear anything else. It really was in his hands, was he going to let it go like that, or was he going to make her listen to him? She was walking, was he?

If he didn't come out, well she would walk back to the Starbucks past the Inn, if he did come out, well time would tell.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavier Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:33 pm

Just my bloody luck, meet up with a great woman, and she just happens to not only have a dirty mind, but she's a stubborn as a full bloody Sister! He was grumbling a bit as he stepped outside, clearly surprised at the way she had left. "Hold on. Are you even serious? Because I'm telling you, there's no way......ew. There's just no way. Blood and ashes, she's older than Mom!" That, in itself, spoke volumes. He in no way thought of his parents as ancients, but there was a line that you just didn't cross! "Maybe we shouldn't talk about her anymore." What do you follow that with? He was beginning to think that he was rubbish at this sort of thing. Maybe he could use one of those funny-looking boxes he kept seeing folks yelling at to call Flynn. Cellulite phone, was that it? He was familiar with the kind that plugged into a wall, though he had no idea how they worked....demons, maybe?....but the little ones that people carried with them just didn't make sense. Yes, Flynn would know what to say, he was always at ease around women.

Realizing that he had fallen silent, he turned to her, smiling. "So....did you like the food? Granted, the atmosphere leaves something to be desired, but it's good eats. Alton would approve." What? He likes television! Don't ask about the Food Network fixation....just don't. "In case you're wondering, I don't have a granny fetish, so there." If she were to look at him, she'd notice that he was joking, if she didn't hear it in his voice immediately.
Xavier
Xavier

Back to top Go down

Post by -:|[ Titania ]|:- Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:26 pm

She did have a dirty mind, but that was because of where she was raised, and not from her grammy. And she was a stubborn girl, if she hadn't been, or hadn't been 'tough' she would of gotten walked all over or worse. She wasn't the sort to bend completely she could compromise, if the situation called for it. She waited until he was done speaking, for she had turned to look at him when he came out. Not having made to many steps away, for she was a bit curious if he was going to come out, or if he was going to go back and sit with Rebecca instead. Titania also had one of those phones, a apple i-phone to be exact, she was glad she had it, for it kept her occupied on break.

Once he was fully done talking, as in he took a breath and another word didn't tumble out, she stepped towards him. If he held his ground that was fine, if he backed up she followed until she was toe to toe with him. Perhaps the warning bell of his dad being a werewolf should of went off, but the girl had enough, and sometimes brains didn't outweight the other options. She lifted her hand, and as long as he did not flinch, which really it wasn't in the motion she was going to hit him with. Taking her finger and her thumb of her right hand, she would press them to the corner of his mouth, pressing them there a moment, before dragging them across his lips to the other side, then a turning motion. As if she was zipping and locking his lips. "You talk to much." As she spoke, she held up that same hand as if she held the key in her hand. "If you play nice, I might unzip ya." A smirky grin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavier Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:40 pm

Well....she had effectively shut his trap, a feat once thought impossible. Light, I don't know if I want her and Ryan comparing notes. They might learn something from each other. Wait, did she say what he thought she said? Now who has the dirty mind.....

So he can't talk. Big deal, he could do other things, much more interesting than, say, speaking, with his mouth. So, to put it in plain language, he stepped up and, with a thank-you to the Creator that he had, indeed, not ordered anything at all with onions, kissed her. Without the swelling music, and the swelling....music, along with the absence of an airplane or sepia background, it was a totally Casablanca moment.

GOD, he hoped she had seen that one. And that she didn't have the sudden urge to taser him.
Xavier
Xavier

Back to top Go down

Post by -:|[ Titania ]|:- Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:16 pm

She actually was surprised it worked! She had thought that feat was impossible. The words seemed to fall out of his mouth without any thought, and with too much ease! Oh yes, the meeting and sharing of notes could be very dangerous for Xavier, especially seeing he adored picking on his twin. Who ever said she didn't have a dirty mind?

She blinked, when he stepped closer for there wasn't much room for him to do so, she had been rather close to him, when she zipped his lips. So when his lips pressed against her's, a few things went through her mind, none of which she was going to tell him. She could of bit him, she could of hit him, but a part of her well it was glad he was a man, and not a gossiping girl. So her lips softened and relaxed under his. Letting the kiss last a moment, before stepping back and looking at him, a smile twitching her lips. "Much better. Want to go for that walk now?" Oh yeah, she hadn't unzipped him...yet. Take a lesson from the Little Mermaid!

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavier Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:43 pm

He had been babbling a bit, he knew, mostly from nerves. He couldn't help it...at least he wasn't a nervous eater! She should have seen him before a battle.......anyway! Alright, he'd play by her rules for now. He nodded, smiling, then reached down to take her hand. Interlacing his fingers with hers, he nodded in the direction of the inn, then to her place of business. Now, he did not know that she was not the owner, and since he had no idea what a franchise business was, in his reckoning she very well could be. After he had made the point clear that their destination was her choice, he simply waited, hipshot but alert, for her to speak. Oh, and he had a grin that could've lit an underground cavern right about then......
Xavier
Xavier

Back to top Go down

Post by -:|[ Titania ]|:- Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:56 pm

With the food that they packed away, and that was just a single meal, not even a nervous one. That was probably good, that he would do that, because there was a good chance his eyebrows would be singed, if he didn't. She didn't have complete control yet. Fingers interlacing with his, as they began to walk. A grin, as she nodded towards the Inn. The Inn was on the way anyhow, so either way they would have to pass it, right? A small squeeze of her fingers upon his hand. She peeked over at Xavier. As they walked, she would look over to him. "Want to try talking again? Or do you fear you won't be able to stop?" Was that a big grin on her mouth?

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavier Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:34 am

Light, was the woman giving him permission to speak again? He chuckled, squeezing her hand gently. "Whatever the lady wishes. I apologize for my babbling problem, Titania. It seems to crop up more often than I would like. However, I do kind of prefer silence. That is, if I get the chance for another kiss from it." He was growing a little more sure of himself around her, thankfully enough. Still, he didn't want to push things, so he walked on in silence, savoring the moment. Who would have thought that the business he had at the inn would have such a delightful benefit?
Xavier
Xavier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum