Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Just a fun read...

2 posters

Go down

Just a fun read... Empty Just a fun read...

Post by Beastie Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:49 pm

I had written a story awhile ago, and had it published on the web and locally. Thought perhaps I might share it with you all. (truth is Epiphany mun and Venis mun threatened me...lol) Hope you Enjoy.

Winter

By Me

Winter; that one word is enough to send chills through me even now. That season when the sky covers the ground in a cold, wet blanket of snow like a child tucked in by their mother. A time when icicles hang from trees and rooftops like small daggers, daring someone to step under them. For winter is a time of death and rest. A time when the sun will hide its glowing face from us denizens of this realm and forsake us to the night. It is in that night that I now know things worse than any animal that waits to prey on us humans. A night, that even though I should know nothing about it, shall haunt me until I make peace with whatever powers there are out there using us as there pawns. Will it haunt you as well? We shall see my friends, we shall see.

On a dark winter’s night, in the mountains of Pennsylvania, there is a homestead owned by my family. It was here that a young couple had come to roost after being married. It was the intent of the trucker and his new wife to raise children here. Who could blame them really? The air was crisp and clean, the scenery looking like something that only Norman Rockwell could paint, and the safety. Knowing that not too far away was family to rush to you if you need them, offering that wonderful mix of danger and safety. But that thought gets shattered in my mind as I watch events unfold.

Winter had started its icy grip early that year and already snow littered the ground like trash at a football stadium on game day. On this night, the moon face behind a thick cloud bank and as the witching hour approached, strange shadows began to move. The smell of rotten-eggs fills my nostrils as I approach the house of my parents, but another smell is on the air. A heavy stench, a stench of evil, death, rotting, and decay assaults my nostrils. Briefly I am wondering if the grave robbers are working overtime at a local cemetery, which I later found out was not to be the case at all. Something was not right with this night; I felt that in my bones. I wanted to scream for people to run, to escape to the safety of the church, to do anything but stay in their homes. But alas I could do nothing, for even as I formed the words a constriction clenches in my throat and I hear a voice dripping with poison and malicious whisper to me.

“You are her to watch, young one,” the voice said in my head, “nothing more and nothing less.” I notice how the ‘s’ sound was elongated and came out as a hiss. It was then that I begun to get afraid and realized this was a night in which something diabolical was in store.

Once I was able to move, I ran towards my parent’s home wanting to see my mother as she was. As I entered the home - a simple walking through the wall assured me that this was a dream, or a nightmare depending on the perspective of the person - the citizens band radio went off and I could hear my father’s voice. “Break on-niner for the Papa Bear. Mama Bear I am coming home.” I smiled at this as I remember that my father is not much for words, but he gets his point across. Knowing the stories my mother has told me, I strain my ears for the sound of that air horn to shatter the night like a bull in a china closet. Twin headlights crested the mountain across the highway like the dawn, and then my father began his descent down that windy mountain road. Tires squealing like spanked children at the treatment they are receiving. That air horn, once more, sounding like a diving klaxon as my father gained speed and shot across the highway and up into our driveway. The sounds of tires locking tighter than a chastity belt fill my ears as he slows down, steam rising off the tires as the truck comes to a stop. The rumbling Kenworth engine is shut off, the door opens, a man hops down.

It takes me a moment to recognize the man I know as my father. As this six-foot five inch giant of a man approached his home, I had to remember that my father had been raised on a farm. My mother opens the door and shoots out of it like a bullet from a gun with a hair trigger. As the two embraced I noticed something. My father left no tracks in the snow and the truck was disappearing. It was then that I looked close at my father. Away went the smile that I have loved and found warmth in, away went the large hands that had disciplined me so many times and did more. Melting, like a snowman in the heat of the July sun, was the man I thought was my father. In his place was some abomination, a half-man half-snake combination. Garnett eyes stared forth into the night, the wetness of the night gathering on its scales causing them to sparkle like stars. It was hypnotic to watch its elongated head move and to see the light play on those scales. The lower half of this 'thing' - for lack of a better word - had pale, sickly legs that were covered in only obsidian, black loin cloth. That rotten egg smell filled my nostrils and I was gripped with a fear and disgust so great that I quit breathing.

I watched this monstrosity open its mouth as if to devour my mother, but this was not the case. Instead a long forked tongue came forth and this 'thing' kissed my mother. I am pulled along like a marionette puppet as they enter the house. The entire time this is going on my mother is talking to this obscene abomination of nature as if it were my father. Was she blind? Was she stupid? Did she not see that this was not my father or her husband? The thing looked at me and winked, that very gesture making me wish to heave out my guts. I could not though, I was transfixed. I stood there like a statue as this thing took my mother in a way only my father should have. I still stood there as this thing told me, “Welcome to the family…son.” Then it laughed that laugh I will never get out of my head.

I watched as my mother found out she was with child, my father come two days later, another coupling, and my mother telling him she was with child. Eleven months later I was born, and at this point I awake screaming. Rushing to the restroom as I am sick, thanking all the powers that be that it was a nightmare. Until I talked to my mother and she told me about the same dream I just had had.

Beastie
Beastie

Number of posts : 1596

Back to top Go down

Just a fun read... Empty Re: Just a fun read...

Post by Epiphany Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:15 pm

And you know I make good on my threats. - puts on her threatening face- I like it. Smile

Last edited by Epiphany on Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Epiphany
Epiphany

Number of posts : 615

http://www.bebo.com/iastepiphany

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:19 pm

Awesome story, you are a gifte writer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:26 pm

thank you very much both of you. funny thing is, it took about 15 mins to write. and Epiphany you are so scary ~tries not to fall over from laughing~
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:50 pm

I'll protect you dear. Pip-mun, behave or I'll have to throw a fire ball at your arse. LOL And love, I didn't threaten you, I promised you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:51 pm

I think you missed all of that who threatened me hun. Might wish to reread....rofl
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:01 pm

Dreconis wrote: (truth is Epiphany mun and Venis mun threatened me...lol)

I had it right, what part was wrong. You said we threatened you, she threatened you and I said I didn't threaten I promised.

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:03 pm

I misread, your old age wearing off....~runs~
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:04 pm

Vith you love. LMAO

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down