Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Dirty Boy/Cleansing Water

5 posters

Go down

Dirty Boy/Cleansing Water Empty Dirty Boy/Cleansing Water

Post by Gawain Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:56 am

Dirty Boy/Cleansing Water Gawainshower

Gawain had to hand it to himself, the last few weeks had left him a little...well, gamey. So, he decided to have a nice wash before the girls arrived. Of course, if Airtia was feeling the vibe he was giving off, and not even trying to mask through the bond, maybe she'd show up alone. So, he continued, rinsing the soap from his body, then running a hand over his face. I kinda like the stubble where it is, and I don't feel like shaving....eh. I'm a werewolf, not a prancing member of the nancy tribe that invented shaving....

So, Gawain would continue in this manner for awhile, since he had already built a tidy and well-tended fire a little way off to dry out in front of. Hey, who needs towels?

[Note for readers. The "nancy tribe" he refers to herein is none other than the British, who, along with the Romans, developed the misognystic practice of shaving, first filing the beard off with pumice, then later using a sharp blade and goose-grease. So, no offense to anyone. Unless you're from 14th-15th century Britain or Rome.]

Last edited by Admin on Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:45 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : [Clarification])
Gawain
Gawain

Number of posts : 376

Back to top Go down

Dirty Boy/Cleansing Water Empty Re: Dirty Boy/Cleansing Water

Post by Airtia S. Cauthon Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:12 pm

Airtia did arrive first and alone at the scene; but it was on her own time. After she had released Gawain from the basement of their house he vanished and told her to hurry in the task that he gave her to do. That alone was cause for her to stall. Taking orders like a servant was not something she did. Not only that but he was sending out a very precise set of emotions along the bond that they shared and it put her in a little more than a mischievous mind set. Unfortunately for him this may have put a delay in his plans for she had only intended on waiting an hour before going to see him and instead it ended up being closer to two.

Because she had never been to where he currently was she couldn't open a direct gateway there, but because of their bond she could get close. Airtia arrived in the woods near where he had made his encampment, Gawain's presence suddenly intensifying. "I suggest that ye put on clothes b'fore the lil ones arrive." Came her words as she made her way through the trees and visible. "O' we will 'ave tae cover ye in ano'her way." The last words carried a suggestive tone that was only repeated in her silver eyes.

Just off to the side of the fire a thin silver vertical line cut through the air and spread apart enough to allow a person to go through, and then another opened next to it. One opened up into Madeline's room at the Tel'Ranaemyn Inn, the other opened to De'Ryanna's - she had been to both rooms previously so making a gateway there wasn't hard to do. Tying off both of those Weaves she looked back at her husband with a grin. "Iffen ye are going tae bathe like an animal m'be I shall put the shield back in full force."

Had he noticed that her loosing the Shield was why he was able to make that first gateway? If not, he'd realize it now that his abilities were there, only less. As for the girls, when they arrived to their rooms and saw the Gateway, looking through it would give them direct sight to their father from behind.

Airtia S. Cauthon
Airtia S. Cauthon

Number of posts : 185

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:43 pm

Madeline had just returned from Dre's old forge. She had been needing to sharpen some of her weapons, and since the Inn was kind of going slow today,she thought it was the perfect opportunity to do such a task. While at the forge, she also picked up some silver tip arrows for her crossbow, just in case she had a run in with Benjamin, or some other beastie. Before she left, she took a few practice shots with the crossbow, at Dre's office door. She was definetly was getting better with her aim. Before she left, she made sure one arrow was loaded, and put it around her shoulder. That way if something happened, she would be ready

When she got back to the inn, she put Swifty in his stall, then went by the bar, and fixed her a shot of whiskey, then headed to her room to relax. She was looking forward to crawling into the bathtub, and relaxing.

Maddie made her way to her room, and unlocked the door. At first she didn't noticed the gateway at first. She just through her duffle bag of weapons in the closet. When she turned around to go to the bathroom she noticed the gateway. All she saw was some furry naked mans butt. Not taking the time to process what she saw or why it was in her room,or even acknowledge there was a gateway open in her room, she grabbed her crossbow and fired .

"Die Bastard!!"
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Number of posts : 1173

http://madelinecauthon.webstarts.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:14 pm

Gawain had turned toward Air's voice, not bothering to cover himself. "Oooo, promises, promises. C'mere, you. We've some time before the-" The word was cut off as the air changed was his thought. He couldn't explain it anymore than you could explain to a blind man the awesome spectacle of the Sistine Chapel...such was his olfactory sense now. His head turned, and he shoved Airtia roughly away as he twisted, brought both hands up, and here it comes/don't miss caught the crossbow bolt between his palms. "Now now, don't want the dance to end before it starts, do we, little one? Come on, show me....me......" His jaw dropped, and now he was wishing for some cover. "MADELINE?! You bratty devil, if I hadn't been...well, me.....that may have hurt!" His eyes went over to Airtia, who he held an apologetic hand out to. Eh, instinct....of course, when she felt the guilty streak through their bond, she'd understand. He was grinning at Maddie, though, obviously not angry. After all, she had to know he'd be able to dodge or catch the bolt.

Didn't she?
Gawain
Gawain

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:41 pm

[Because I can, I put Air's response in here too. ^.^ ]

De'Ryanna had returned from her meeting and while she had been all a flutter about it turning into a total disaster it was better than she thought. Now there were other matters to get out of the way and she had to think on how to go about it. Which is what she intended to do when she got back to her room, until she felt a channeling force behind her door. Pressing her hand against it she began to ease it open slowly only to have it pulled open the rest of the way by Tyger.

"It's about time you got back. Meow." The feline raised his head while turning his back to her and flicking his tail in the air. He wasn't canine so he didn't have their ability to track by scent, but he had common sense and eyes and could tell when things about a person were different. "We have to go."

Ryanna opened her mouth to say something back to the cat when she saw the Gateway or, more importantly, what was through it. "Father?" Last time she had seen him, he had eaten himself alive and was worse for wear than she had been that night of the fight. At least she had been clothed. He seemed to be talking to someone and holding something in his hand, it was hard to tell from this angle. "That's more of him then I ever wanted to see." Tyger only snickered and walked through, there was someone else through the portal that he cared about and if the scene would have been a dangerous one he would have said something.

Maybe.

For her part De'Ryanna stood on the other side of the Gateway a moment or two longer. Of all the things that could have been waiting for her to deal with when she arrived back at the Inn, a meeting of the Cauthon's was not one she expected nor was she wanting to have. She took another moment to bottle down the rising frustration before stepping through, the Gateway shutting closed behind her.

"Father. What a way to appear before your daughter." For she did not yet know that Madeline was at another Gateway. She didn't move any further and crossed her arms at the stomach, noticing that he had made a make-shift camp near the falls.

Tyger -with a smirk on his face - ignored Gawain and continued to make his way over to Airtia who was fixing her husband with a dead stare. She couldn't believe that he pushed her out of the way. "I do nae need yer 'and. Take care o' what ye called them fer," spoken as she got up on her own and took a step to the side. She had told him to dress.

Then again, she also had positioned the Gateway for them to see him.

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Number of posts : 566

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:09 pm

Sniff. "Hmph, you're one to talk. Who is he?" He shook his head....some habits died hard, others kicked, screamed, and made complete arses of themselves before shuffling off the mortal coil. "Sorry, De'Ryanna. It's our nature to mate early, and often. Just as long as it isn't Benji, the wonder-pup, we're cool. And Madeline, here, seems to have been back to Earth and watched way too much Buffy. A crossbow?! Jeez! You could have....have...well, it could have stung, is all I'm saying!"

He grumped, fussed, and keeping his....uh, self......facing away from the girls...Air had seen before, and Tyger....well, it was his canine nature that made him think let the cat get jealous, so what? while going for his clothes. He dressed in a semi-rush, then turned to face the girls. Seems to me we need to talk. Last time you guys saw me, I was....well, yeah. So, care to have a seat?" He pointed, obviously having thought this through, to the fire, which had been built in the middle of a row of something between seats and nests.

"So, where do we start?"
Gawain
Gawain

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:44 pm

Maddie slowly lowered her crossbow and looked. "Dad, is that really you? I mean you you, not insane you. Sorry I thought you were something else. "

He did call her a bratty devil, so yeah it was him. She then lowered the crossbow all the way. She ignored the Buffy comment, it wasn't his business what she had been doing. "Sorry Dad, I didn't um recognize you. There are somethings a daughter should not see."

Maddie walked to her closet and pulled out a shirt she had got Andrew as a gag. It was a pink button up, and said Bad Man on it. it had been too big for Andrew, but would fit her father perfectly. She tossed it through the gateway. "Here put this on."

She then heard De'Ryanna talking. There must have been a gateway opened for her as well. Maddie grabbed her duffel bag, and jacket, and stepped through the gateway. She made sure not to look at her father in the buff.

Maddie walked over to Tyger, and laid in front of him, a brown paper bag filled with catnip. "Here sweetie. Take it easy with this. It's organically grown, and very potent." She rubbed his head.

Maddie gave Airtia an apologetic look. "Sorry about firing the crossbow. Just can't be too careful these days."

She then stood up and walked over to De'Ryanna. She held her head down in a semi pout semi grin, and whispered in a teasing voice only De'Ryanna could here. "Uh-oh Daddy's home."

She then gave Gawain her full attention as he started to explain.
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:56 pm

"Who he is, is none of your concern." Right now, coming out to this session had been a mistake and the calm she was trying to bring out was starting to be quenched by her father's words. Hers hands tightened and then relaxed slightly as she focused on the air. It was cool. It could cool and calm her.

Madeline. Tyger had no real obligation to her as she was Gawain's daughter and he cared little for that wolf, so why should he care about her daughter? There were too many 'children' popping around for his taste and now here was another. At least this one came bearing gifts. She would get points for that but a low growl from his throat at hearing her call him 'Sweetie'. The cat didn't say anything aside from that but he reached out a paw and pulled the bag closer and sniffed the outside. "Murr, it'll do." She should be careful less Tyger starts to expect a gift every time he saw her. The cat was just that vain to expect it too.

"Who are ye needin' tae be wary o', Madeline?" Airtia asked her as she watched Madeline move away. When she saw the girl arrive with a duffle bag and a crossbow in hand it raised more than a few questions as to what exactly she had been up too. "A few months gone 'as changed ye intae a 'unter?" The last time she saw her Madeline was a different person using her abilities rather than physical capabilites. It took a lot to be able to weld a crossbow easily. It was for this reason that Airtia was watching her.

De'Ryanna stayed where she was, she too was watching her half sister with a curious eye. "Techincally, he's not home." Was her reply to the 'daddy's home' comment. "He's in the woods. Though he is an animal so maybe you're right."

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:01 am

Madeline didn't really want to get into what she had been doing the past few months. Now seeing and knowing her father is alive and sane...Well as sane as Gawain gets.. She didn't want a lecture. Besides Gawain was the one that wanted to talk, so let him.

"No, I'm not hunting Airtia, I've just been working with Venis on a few things, that needed more than what power I have. I just haven't had time to unpack yet." She knew her stepmother did not care for Venis all that much, and hoped she would let the subject die.

Maddie turned her attention back to her father. "Start where it all began Dad, the
beginning."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:24 pm

"Good to hear that you aren't hunting, since that would threaten no less than three of your own blood, not to mention it being kind of silly. Your sire is a werewolf....do you really want to go into that stereotype? Just for the record, dear, I agree with Airtia on that particular area, you know good and well why. But, I didn't call you all here tonight to wear the 'daddy pants', I came to explain. As Madeline said, from the beginning. Now, bear in mind that there are some things I cannot explain myself.....so, well, I suppose you'll be taking some things on faith here. Nevertheless, I have nothing to profit by lying, so feel free to question me, but do not accuse me of fabrication." No one had, but a guy needs some ground rules....."De'Ryanna, I'd appreciate it if you'd come and join everyone around the fire. Yeah, maybe I deserve to be called an animal. At least I embrace it without shame, now." He sniffed once, and, with a grim set to his features, turned his back. "We don't have time for this.....too close to Full. Please, let me get through this. I don't ask for much." On close inspection, they would realize that the One he spoke to was not among their number physically.
Gawain
Gawain

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavier Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:30 am

"Oh come on, you mean to tell me I can control it better than you?! You've had....had......damn near a hundred years to get it right, and I can do it better? Well isn't this a bloody doddle and a piece of piss?!"

Enter Xavier, moving like he melted out of a shadow, continuing to stalk forward.

Stalk. That was the word.

He moved like a predatory creature. Every nuance had a purpose. His eyes took in the others in the area.....but when he saw De'Ryanna, something changed.

He smirked.

"Well, isn't it the younger twin! So ya finally figured out how to change, huh? About time, since I was always better at it and everything......" She would save for later. He walked over and nodded to his mother, giving her some sort of salute. "Sorry for the short...well, no notice, Mom. I didn't even know I was coming myself until I felt....well, bad. Like something was coming from underneath. I knew I needed to be here, even though...well, the Commander may have suggested that I needed to be on post tonight. Hey, I know what's more important, even though some of us are to snobby to notice." That's when he saw that familiar flick-swish. "Hey, Tyger! How's it going?" He bent for a moment, then an old, faded memory of three-hundred claw-marks and a set of yellow eyes made him convert that into a wave. "Anyway, I felt you guys. You, losing your Self and having to recapture it, and you, just.....losing it!" First pointing to Gawain, then to De'Ryanna, they knew who he was speaking to when. He sighed, obviously not being able to hold on to too much anger for long. "Look, I haven't seen you in a long, long time, Rye. You could have been hurt, and then who would've had your back!" He backed down then, obviously concerned, but sounding a little hurt. "It's been years, and you couldn't send one letter? Those Sisters didn't allow you to write your own brother? And now, out of the depths of the void, HE appears! Ya know, I've heard the guy died at least four times. Seriously!" He tossed his arm carelessly around her shoulder, grinning like an idiot, just happy to know she was safe. Well, safe now that her big brother was here. He was also (obviously) half-mocking Gawain, but he was also feeling him out.

After all, what do you do when the son you left behind comes back, grown up and ready to let you know about it?
Xavier
Xavier

Number of posts : 212

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:24 am

Her father asked her to come closer and she scuffed openly and almost laughed at his request. Come closer. Earlier he had 'playfully' got on her about what she had been doing while he was away and now he wanted her to come closer? "You've embraced your animal nature, you should know that I can hear you plenty well from here."

She saw no reason to move and therefore wasn't. Airtia was standing and had taken up a place near Gawain and turned her head towards the woods. Madeline was talking bit she felt something that was taking a bit more of her attention. Didn't mean she didn't hear her, if she had been training with Venis that was none of Airtia's concern. The person coming was.

As Gawain was talking the feeling got stronger and then arrived. Xavier. Airtia only set her silver eyes on him with a steady stare but De'Ryanna's eyes, as she looked at her twin grew darker with each passing moment. He had always poked fun at the fact she couldn't shift and he dared to bring it up now? And then he brought up issue of her control in such a crass manner? He was asking to die and her stare only grew more intense as he watched him make the rounds around the quasi-settlement.

Five minutes older than she and he always tried to assert that he was better. She was striving hard to let it all blow over and shrug it off - she had a good day and the words of her Father and brother were not going to ruin it. She was striving and failed once she felt his arm go around her shoulder. His sudden arrogant air about her not contacting him and how he was here to watch her now -that was seen in his motions - steered her onward.

"Light so help me," she said dryly as she wove a thin thread of Air and pressed it under his neck, "I will puncture a hole through your neck if you don't remove your arm." To top it all off... he called her Rye.

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:50 am

Maddie had started listening to her father, when she felt a new presence. She saw a tallish man appear from what seemed out of no where. Not bad looking. He had some of Gawain's features, and a lot of Airtia's. And judging from the reaction of Airtia, and De'Ryanna this had to be her half brother Xavier.

Madeline liked the way he seemed to get under De'Ryanna's skin. Now this is what Maddie called fun.

Madeline reached for her bag, and pulled out a bottle of whiskey, and took a swig. She set the bottle down close enough to Gawain just in case he needed it.

She put her arms behind her so she could lean back, stretching her legs out and crossing them. She addressed her brother for the first time.

"Hey Kid!! You might wanna move your arm...like she told you too. She maybe Miss Prim and Proper, no offense De'Ryanna, but she has more of your moms temper, than our dad."

"Oh by the way I'm your half sister Madeline."

Madeline picked the bottle again and took a swig, and burped. "Don't ya just love family reunions."

Offering the bottle to Gawain. "Dad, need a drink?"
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:26 am

Gawain was, figuratively this time, beside himself. "Good grief! You'd think that I'd never been around to teach any of you manners....." He chuckled, wiping his face with a forearm. "You'd be right. I wasn't around. I've checked out more times than I remember, and I keep coming back. I've seen Death, and spit in his eye-socket. How much worse can it get when you're already headed out on a slow boat down the Styx?" He stepped over to where Madeline had...er...reclined, and took the bottle from her. "I believe I'll take you up on that kind offer, Madeline. After all, maybe I should give up on the whole positive role model thing." He sighed, looked at the bottle, and with the air of a man who was about to ask an inanimate object where had it been all his life, took a long, long pull from it.

After a few moments, he shook his head and flopped down on a pack he had yet to unload. "The beginning. That's gonna be tricky, since I don't even remember a lot of it. I'll start with what I remember. I've been surpressing the change for a long time now, since a long time ago when I lost most of my humanity and ran with a pack near where Airtia and I lived. The thing about the wolf form is that, once you commit to it, it's hard to get your mind back into human-shape. So, Airtia was patient, I was animalistic, and things worked out for a time. I found myself at a crossroads of sorts, since my brother came back into the picture. Now, before anyone says oh cool, so we have an uncle, I should say my deceased and unlamented brother. Everything I've tried to do, all the urges I've pressed down over the years, he just sort of surrendered himself to. He was as bad as they come, and worse in some respects. I'd sworn what seems a lifetime ago, over my mother's grave, to protect him, and in the end, I had to kill him to accomplish that. If that's not irony, then the Pope ain't Catholic. Ha, well, anyway, I had to pay for what was done, so, without telling Airtia, and with a look at my two very, very small children, I shuffled off this mortal coil for the...man, I gotta tell ya, I've lost count. Somebody's keeping score, I guess. Anyway, time and convergences I don't care to think about led me here. Back into your lives, to the astonishment, woe, and once in awhile, pleasant surprise of those around me. What happened up on that cliff face was nothing more than me losing control and regaining it." He chugged another mouthful of the whiskey, visibly conflicted, as well as thoroughly amazed that that little girl smirking her way around the campsite was able to drink this crap without making a face. "I don't recommend it, though. It takes a LOT to get the taste out of your mouth. Anyway, that's that. I'm my own man now, and your father. I suppose it's up to you whether to hate me or not, I can't change your minds on that one. All I can do now is try to make up for the crap-trap that I've made of my life, and get to know you guys. Of course, that part is up to you. I've said my piece, and I'm okay with it. Now...." He rose, walking over to Xavier, and putting his hand on his shoulder, smiled. "You grew into a fine young man, if a tad reckless. I'd be careful with your sister, her bite is really worse than her bark. I say this because she doesn't do the whole barking thing. It tends to warn you before your hand or arm is detached. Anyway, as I was saying..."He walked back over to his seat, reclined, and looked over to them with a lifted brow. "Now, I suppose it's the 'Q and A' part in our little talk. So who wants to go first?"
Gawain
Gawain

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavier Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:16 am

[Mun warning-Colorful language may ensue. If such offends, look away or don't continue to read, please. He is, shall we say, under some emotional stress right now. Admin, if it gets too PG-13, feel free to edit. My apologies in advance. Thanks, and shall we?]

Huh. Who did this guy think he was? He took several long strides over to him, noticeably being rather wary about disentangling himself from his sister, and even looking back apologetically before setting his eyes on the man. In a bit of a fury, he grabbed Gawain's shirt, pulled him upright, and hit him with every ounce of force he could muster.

"Questions?! How about this one, you bastard! Where the hell have you been my whole life? What, you think you can just walk back into my li....our lives and everything will be all peaches and cream? THINK AGAIN!" He hit the man again, this time aiming to draw blood. His own blood was at a boil....who did he think he was, indeed? "Get on your feet, or die like prey!"

He stood his ground, panting in fury, and growled. It was a low, feral sound that came from Xavier's throat, and one that De'Ryanna would probably remember from several times in their youth. His skin began to twitch, and he seemed to be swelling. One who had seen the change before would understand and recognize it, but for someone who had never witnessed it, it could and would be something quite on the other side of disconcerting.

Did he care?

Nah.
Xavier
Xavier

Number of posts : 212

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:50 pm

At least her brother had enough sense to remove his arm from around her for she was serious and she would have put a hole through his neck. He moved away while their father spoke and aside from the turn of her head towards her bother De'Ryanna didn't move. She didn't want to be here. If her current events were not enough, all of this seemed to be another turn in her life that she didn't think she could handle right now and she wanted to press the palm of her and between her eyes but refrained. The only thing that was keeping her from completely loosing her focus was the fact that she was holding on to the Source and trying to concentrate mostly on that. She didn't need any third-party influence taking from this gathering.

What was her father expecting? Nothing that he said pulled any empathy for him from her. So he didn't have the most easy life - who did? He made his choices and decisions, what resulted from it he would have to contend with. One thing he didn't care for was his drinking. She had nothing against people having a drink or two when they were in merriment or calm in some way, but her sister and father seemed to be using it loosen their tongue. At this point she was ready to leave. "If that's all you have to say then..." But her brother had reacted and started striking at their father before she could finish her words and her eyes narrowed at watching them.

"Back away from yer Father, Xavier, 'less ye intend tae kill 'im."

Airtia had been quiet for most of this session, giving a nod or a look here and there but otherwise keeping her thoughts to herself. Not that she didn't tell him to not kill Gawain, simply to not engage in the fight unless he intended to do more than have a tantrum. What she said to her son should be taken seriously for Airtia had the cold continence about her wasn't going to ask for something to be done again. She thought that with all his training as a fighter in the service with the guards that her son would have had more control and not loose his composure the first minute he was away from his Officer.

And there was no more whiskey, at least not in that bottle, for Tyger walked over to it while Xavier had Gawain occupied and tipped over the bottle and rolled it so the contents spilled out on the ground. Tyger cared not if the two animals went at it or not - though he would support the son if he had to make the choice. "Let the animals fight. Meow." There had to be some type of irony in the cat calling the males animals.

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:30 pm

OK that was it, first this brat of a brother shows up, starts throwing a tanturm, then he hits their father, and now the damn cat knocked over the booze. Maddie just shook her head, and did a pop up. She walked over to where Xavier was still standing, evidently the boy didn't want to listen to his mother.

Maddie gave him a good right cross knocking him to the ground." I believe your mother told you to back away."

She turned to her father,and looked at him to make sure he was okay. "Dad you're getting old. I've seen you take better punches than that."

She then turned her attention to her two siblings. "Now you two wait just a minute. Yes, he left, yes he stayed gone, all these years. And yes it is a bit much for him to ask us to forgive and forget. But there is one thing you two are missing, and that's the reason why. To protect us. Xavier, you weren't there on the cliffs, so you don't know what he went through. De'Ryanna you were. You saw what he was going through, the madness. That is what he had been protecting us from all a long. He knew if the beast, the demon ever took control, he knew that he could hurt us, or even kill us. The reason he knows this, is because he had to kill his very own brother Garreth for the exact same reason. The difference between the two, is that it was too late for Garreth, by the time Dad got to him, Garreth wasn't Garreth anymore, he was a monster, and dad did what he had to, killed his own brother. How would you two feel if you had two do the same. Do you think you could live yourself? Could you be around your love ones knowing you could turn into the type of monster that could kill his own family with out even a blink."

Maddie took a deep breath. She was trying to fight back tears of pain. Remembering what she saw all those years ago, and being able to feel Gawain's pain.

"While I don't share the same shifting abilities as you two, I was born with the abiltiy to see into the present, and future. I saw what happened to Garreth, and what our dad had to do. I felt his pain, and quilt, for what he had to do. Whether it was right or wrong, we have no right to judge him. Because he did it out of love for us." Maddie looked at Gawain and smiled,"I finally get that now."

"So forgive me if I don't feel sorry for you two. De'Ryanna, you spent most of your life in the tower, you had food, clothes, shelter, and a amazing education. Xavier, you obviously haven't had it too bad, the way you waltz in here like some sort of prep school brat. Who are we to judge the actions of a man whose only interest was protecting his family."

Maddie walked over to her duffle bag, pulled out another bottle of whiskey, and took another swig. She then took a cigarette, and lit it. "If anybody else lays so much as another hair on him, you'll be dealing with a Cauthon that fights like her old man."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Airtia S. Cauthon Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:53 pm

That Madeline did not actually start smoking was a good thing or else she may have choked on it. Airtia's cool nature persisted while she listened to Madeline prattle on with her speech, listened while she shifted from one foot to another in a very subtle movement it was barely seen by anyone who wasn't watching for it. A one-two movement that said she was about to move - and quickly, a trait given from what she is and the amount of training she had over her many years. Not to mention that she was only a step or two away from where Gawain had been, and therefore her target was no more than three strides away.

Madeline's lighter went *click* and, unless she had fast reflexes, she'd receive a quick and hard-hitting punch directly under her rib cage from Airtia's right fist. Her right leg was slightly extended with a bend and her shoulders were down to give power to the hit. It was designed to knock the person off their feet and double over in the affect. It was even possible that the whiskey she drank moments before could come back up and out. Airtia held her stance a moment before she slowly stood straight, her silver eyes deadset on the girl. This hit had nothing to do with what she had said to Xavier and De'Ryanna.

"Ye need ta learn yer place." Her words were as cold as the look in her eyes. Airtia was still and the feel around her was dark and not to be played with. A shift in her eyes as she looked a moment at Gawain to assess the damage. He was going to be fine.

"A few months o' learnin 'ow tae shoot an arrow an' training with Venis does nae give ye the right tae stand between ot'ers and yer father. Show some respect." Gawain was not weak. Madeline taking up for him, having the nerve to threaten anyone who tried to hurt him was compeltky ridiculous to her and made him appear to be weak. "Tend tae yer own safety and nae worry o'er his."

Ryanna was going to say something to Madeline, until she saw her mother and felt her mothers mood. That told her that she should hold her ground. What Madeline said, it pushed a few cords. She did know what it was like to kill people, even if it wasn't by her own hand and she knew what it was like to have to stay away from people 'for their own good'. Madeline was talking out of her head without knowledge and it earned her ire.

She opened a Gateway behind her with the intent to go back to her room.

Airtia S. Cauthon
Airtia S. Cauthon

Number of posts : 185

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:56 am

"Okay! Who do I get to beat the shit out of now?" He was rising, clearly not amused, and looking at his....no. You can't call this a family. Smacking each other around, threats...if he wanted this, he would've kept his brother around. "Listen up. I dunno if everyone had their Crazy Flakes this morning, but there was a time, a long time ago, when people got respect for simply being people. The fact that I am your father..." His eyes wandered over to the three children who weren't children at that, calm for the moment, but Gawain, well, he was a little like the sea in his unpredictable/predictable phases. "..and your husband...." This was for Airtia, who he felt was somewhere on the complete other side of displeased..."Well, it should mean something. Madeline, thanks, you meant well, but I'd be less than nothing if I couldn't fight for myself. I don't feel the urge to fight this battle, though. Xavier has issues, here's some tissues. Deal, kid. Life is tough, and gets tougher." At the last, his eyes had left Madeline to rest on Xavier. Clearly, that last bit was meant for him. He would eventually gaze over to De'Ryanna, who looked as if she were about to leave. "If you're going to go, at least let me know when we can speak. We have things that will be worked out. They have to be. There's no other recourse. Now, I suggest we all sit down, cool off, and work this out. Like humans. Yes, Ryanna, I do remember how to be one, as much a surprise as that may seem to be."

Now that that was out of the way, he glanced to Airtia, clearly sending her a message of some sort. He refocused, and rose. "Right. Do as you will. You have things to work out, I'm back where I belong, and I ain't going anywhere. Come and find me when you're willing to talk like rational people. I can wait. I'm all about the patience thing. Yeah, that's me. Mister Patient Guy." Yes, he was stretching credibility there, but he was allowed a little self-delusion from time to time. "Anyway, I'm going to hang out right here for a bit, clear my head, stuff like that. Anyone care to join me? Feel free." With that, he just sort of slid back down to where he had been initially seated, looking at them each in turn, waiting.
Gawain
Gawain

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:46 am

Maddie was knocked to the ground with Airtia's moves. And they did hurt, physically. Madeline had little to no use for her stepmother since she sent her and De'Ryanna away on the cliffs. Yes she had been training with Venis some, but she had not been with Venis the whole time. Truth was she had been trying to find away to get rid of this seething resentment for Gawain's wife. There had been a certian darkness rising in her heart for some time now. And she was had been secertly enjoying the power it gave her. The darkness had been there since her brief with Ben. She needed solitude, and the only place she had been able to find it was on top of Shayol Ghul. Madeline had found the mountain after Airtia had sent her away. The only problem was, that unknown to Madeline, it made the darkness rise more, instead of go away.

While Maddie laid double over on the ground, she made a call to her horse, back at the inn. ~Swifty, I'm at Crystal Falls. Time to ride boy.~ She knew Swifty would be there in moments.

She was grateful to here her Dad's voice, even if it was in that strict Gawain tone, that made her want to find a pillow to sit on. She was glad to know he was okay. She looked up and smiled. "I never said you couldn't fight for yourself, just trying to let you know I have your back. Nothing more, nothing less."

When she sensed Swifty approaching she stood up, and stretched. "Well now, that you have your big happy family here, there is no need for me to stick around. If ya need me, I'll be visiting my friend Andrew at his place. Maybe we can have a drink sometime."

When Swifty arrived she grabbed her bag and hooked it to him, then mounted. If anyone was paying attention, they would see a new tattoo on Maddie's lower back.

Dirty Boy/Cleansing Water Maddie15

Once mounted she looked at Gawain. "Love you Dad, have fun..and good luck with the sibs."

She then smiled sweetly at Airtia, and in her best fake potlie voice. "Sorry to ruin your little reunion."

Then to Xavier. "Have fun little bro, look me up sometime."

She turned Swifty towards the woods, and whispered in his ear. Hopefully low enough where no one would hear. "We got a long ride boy, lets go to Shayol Ghul"
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:21 am

[Mun note-I'm merging my two chars in this post, for the sake of...well, you -knew- it was me anyway, and well....I'm feeling lazy tonight. Plus, I just got it like that.]

Gawain, after a time, rose, knowing that his wife and daughter would most likely take this opportunity to remove themselves from this area, and turned to Xavier. "Well, Xavier, boyo, it seems that we need to have a chat. I know you don't care much for me right now, but I will not be struck again. As I've said countless times in the past, the first shot is free. Anything after that will cost ya. So, why don't we sit down and discuss things in a mature and civil manner?"

Xavier didn't hesitate for a moment. "You got off easy, old man. Mom told me to give you the benefit of the doubt, but all I see is someone who, except for an accident of birth, would not even register to me. You could have stayed with Mom, Rye, and me, but no, you had to go gallivanting off to do Light knows what! You expect me to even listen to you, much less believe anything that comes out of your mouth? Please! Even you can't be so deluded!" He had cooled down, but he was still a young man, not to mention the fact that he had eighteen years worth of righteous indignation to work off.

Gawain sighed. "You know, if you weren't so damned much like me, this would be a lot easier. Look. I don't make excuses. What I did, I did because I had to. You should speak to your half-sister Madeline. She knows more than you would think. She's been through much of the same crap that I had to endure. Maybe one day I'll tell you about my own father.....maybe you'll appreciate the irony of the situation then. As it stands right now, though, you need to take a cue from both your Mother and De'Ryanna, and calm the hell down. Don't test me, boy. You won't pass, and your mother will be very, very pissed with us both." He chuckled then, knowing Airtia had expected this. "Knowing her, she'll probably withhold Healing from the both of us, and forbid anyone to tend our wounds. Yeah, I know you'll get your licks in, but in the end, youth and exuberance loses to age, wisdom, and just plain fighting dirty every time. Believe you me, if I knew half of what I know now when I was your age, I'd have a LOT less scars." Gawain hadn't moved an inch. He was waiting for Xavier to say something to let him know where things were going.

Xavier laughed then, shaking his head. "Yeah, Mom can be tough as hell when she wants to be. Heal us? She'd probably cause more damage than the both of us could do to each other!" Still laughing, he sat down. "Asshole. You've actually got me almost liking your mangy hide. So, tell me. How did you and Mom meet? What was she like when she was younger? I mean, there's a lot of shit I don't know.....like, did you know me and Rye before you left? I mean...ah, damn. Look, old man. I just want to know if you loved us. That's all. Don't get all weepy on me, or I'll kick your ass so hard you'll be able to tell me what my boot's made of from the taste of it."

Gawain raised his eyebrow, knowing full well that Airtia would have slapped Xavier so hard his eyes would switch sockets if she heard his language. He thought about Cadsuane, and how hard THAT old bird could hit, and shook his head. Then, he smacked his knee and began to laugh. "Two things. First, do ya kiss your mother with that mouth? Second, remind me to introduce you to Cadsuane Sedai one day. You talk about a tough old bat? She would have fried me on the spot just for thinking her name and 'old bat' in a sentence together. Yeah, she had Rand on a short leash too, until she baited him once too often after he lost his hand. The dude was...well, I don't use this word very much, since our kind has been, for a long time, the thing that goes 'bump' in the night, but the dude was just plain scary as hell after that. C'mon, kid." He waved him over, seizing Saidin and forming a Gateway. "Let's go have a few drinks. We've got a lot of catching up to do, starting with your training as a Warder. I have a few names for you, you know, wanna see if you ever met the folks."

Xavier hesitated, wondering if he should go. Then, knowing he could handle himself just fine, and still under the firm assumption that he could take Gawain without breaking a sweat, nodded. "Drinks. Plural. And you're buying, old man. The pay I get isn't enough to get a headache from, much less to get as drunk as I need to be right now." He actually smiled then, feeling an odd sense of....something. We'll figure that part out later. For now, they headed off to a time-honored tradition: father and son, lumbering off to a bar, ordering way too much alcohol, and attempting to goad each other into alcohol poisoning.
Gawain
Gawain

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:59 pm

De'Ryanna did not stay around much longer after she had opened that gateway, once she had made up her mind to do something she was set on it. She was there long enough to hear her father say that he wanted to speak with her and that there were things that were going to be worked out. There were many things that could be worked out, whether or not she was willing to talk about them or work them out were different things entirely but she did give him curtsey enough to wave two fingers at him as she left. It was her opinion that he should calm himself down before he sought to have any conversation with her.

Once she was gone the portal closed behind her and Tyger snickered to himself at being left behind and the entire situation as a whole. Airtia hadn't told him to stick with the girl still so he wasn't, instead the cat was enjoying the family debacle. He watched his owner step out of her stance and walk past Gawain as he was talking, she was calm - he could feel it - even if the two males were running off of an ego trip. For a moment there he thought that father and son were going to have another go at it, but it didn't happen.

And then they were gone, leaving only himself and Airtia there at the campsite. "Mew..that went over well, didn't it." The underlaying sarcasm in his voice.

"And ye missed the Gateway."

Tygers ears and tail dropped low. "Gawain and Xavier are there. Murr. And I still --- "

"That tis why ye ave tae go." Airtia cut him off and doused out the fire before she started to head off away from the direction of the Inn and where Gawain had gone off with Xavier. "Yer job tis nae done."

Tyger scowled for a moment as he watched Airtia walk off and even chanced a huff. Great. It was back to the Inn for him. At least he knew how to get there from here.

- the end
De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down