Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

About things

+4
Mael Feu
Armandeus
De'Ryanna Aybara
B.D. Adams
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

About things - Page 2 Empty Re: About things

Post by Gwendolyn Zoi Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:22 pm

The rocking stopped when The Doctor shined his blue light down the steps and spoke. Hazels turned towards the top of the stairs. Her lips parted, “The shadow’s aren’t going to ea….” A small shake of her head, “I’m okay…better now that there is some light.” She was a very honest girl, she still had her arms wrapped around her, slowly she let her arms fall down to her sides. She was about to say something else when Catherine was there. That was what she was waiting for, not leaving her post, even if it scared her half to death, and her feet were freezing against the cement flooring.

So when Catherine spoke, their was almost a sigh of relief, perhaps some of it did escape her. Turning slowly so that her back was to the basement, she moved up the lower steps slowly, careful not to slip. It was when she was half way up the stairs, she would turn a careful smile to Catherine and The Doctor. This way she wouldn’t have to life her voice so much, she always felt strange when she talked in a louder voice, as if she was yelling at someone, and a part of her felt guilty most of the time that happened. “Yes yes I do remember The Doctor! It was the both of you that saved me and Peter Pip.” She smiled at that, not that that was the best memory of hers, but it was the day she found out she had a sister.

Once she reached the top of the steps, careful not to step where others were, she would rest a moment. Even though this floor was dark as well, it wasn’t so bad when she wasn’t by herself. Not that she was a fan of the dark even then. A timid smile was shot to them both, “It’s nice to see you both again.” Manners were kicking in now that it was safe for them to do so. “I have a fear of the dark…or rather what could be in the dark, the lurking shadows.” A shiver. She figured they might of heard her in the basement, and she figured that Catherine and The Doctor were safe in that aspect. She didn’t get any weird feelings from them, no tingles.
Gwendolyn Zoi
Gwendolyn Zoi

Number of posts : 300

Back to top Go down

Post by The Doctor Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:50 pm

Free hand went into his pocket to pull out a banana."wait..." banana went back in to come out again with the apple he just had. Which was then offered to his wife." He's going to be alright, was a nice hook, but there doesn't seem to be any serious damage." He leaned over and gave her a small kiss. "You did what needed to be done... it was all we could do. its all we could ever hope to do... you did amazing kitty..." The doctor gave a nod, watching her eeys for a moment and then a last kiss before his attention moved over to Gwendolyn

The Doctor smiled brightly when Gwendolyn came up the stairs."We did do that, I'm glad to see you made a brilliant recovery."The doctor gave a nod then, sliding the sonic screwdriver into his pocket, coming right back out with one of those little clicky LED light things, which he offered forth to her." Here you go, this should be able to keep the lurking shadows at bay. are you hurt at all?"
The Doctor
The Doctor

Number of posts : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by DrDonaldBlake Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:00 am

"Wait, what?.. wait, I'm not surprised... sorry about that just startled me..." The Doctor rushed forward then, bounding over the cat to the best of his ability, and taking the stairs two at a time on his way down them in order to get down to De'Ryanna. A look over his shoulder at the cat who was behind the hobbling doctor who was making excellant time for a man with a bum leg.

" I am The doctor you where looking for., thank you for telling me." And he was at the bottom of the stairs, a B-line for the chair in question, being that he was on his way to work Donald had his backpack with him, and inside of it a modern first aid kit and the medicine roll that Arcadia gave him. the first aid kit was produced even while he was kneeling down in-front of the chair."De'Ryanna, Its Donald... can you hear me?"

DrDonaldBlake

Number of posts : 167

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:01 am

Tyger was gone and she was left physically alone in the front lobby of the Inn. Aside from the slow and distantly spaced rise and fall of her chest that indicated breathing there was no other movement to be had from De'Ryanna. Her body was trying to heal itself on it's own but she had lost too much blood and the process was very slow going; therefore it had shut down her ability to make any movement. But she could hear.

She had heard Tyger go up the stairs and vaugely heard what was taking place in the kitchen. Normally she would have cared that there were people around to see her in a state less than her best, but at moment that didn't matter. In her mind she tried to reach out to them, to get her mouth to open and say something, anything, to make a sound that they were hear but nothing would work. She was going to have to wait.

Then her ears picked up hurried movements on the steps along with the slight tapping of Tyger's claws as he came down the steps. Donald. He found him and Donald had found her and internally she gave thanks that the doctor was, indeed, in. He would see that her dress was a torn and bloody mess, much of the blood starting to dry and darken on the once-white dress. Four cuts from the Lycan's hand went down diagonally from De'Ryanna's left shoulder, crossing under her collar bone and to the middle of her chest. This wound wasn't fatal and was likely to heal the fastest on it's own in a few days. The skin was torn but there was no damage done to the muscle or bones underneath. Still, it had bleed and the fabric around it had now stuck to parts of the wound.

The major injury was that inflicted to her abdomen, where her arms (both bloody as well from being pressed there) were held. This was the area of attack that had caused her to drop to the ground and should have killed her. Once he would remove her arms he would see for himself that the fabric that was left there were fully stained. The swipe of the Lycan's claws had left four, nearly one inch in width, gashes under her ribcage and to her waist. These cuts were deep, like the one who made them had intentions of ripping out her middle. Stomach was torn, might even be intestinal damage or damage to the other organs, but she was still alive.

Did she hear him when he spoke to her? Yes, but she couldn't respond so there was nothing from her.

"You can't use magic on her." Tyger chipped that information in as he stood off to the side so as not to be in Donald's way. He didn't know what the doctor knew or what type of doctor he was. The cat was only looking to be helpful. Even if he didn't say why.

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Number of posts : 566

Back to top Go down

Post by catherine dtardis Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:35 pm

"wait, wait!" with her urgent tone of voice and the frantic way she waved her free hand, a person might assume that what she was about to say was very important. and it was, to catherine at least. "where are you going with that banana, tick, don't put it away..." it was only a half an apple that she had in her hand after all. if he had a banana in there too, she'd just hit the late night snack jackpot. now that the chaos had been halted in its tracks, the mermaid had priorities.

she was in the middle of chewing on the apple when gwendolyn mentioned the shadows, and it reminded her of something. "oh! tick told me he visited a planet once with carnivorous shadows that took over a great big library, didn't you tick?" oh catherine. she really wasn't thinking, that was probably the worst thing to tell someone who was afraid of the dark. especially since the entire inn was still rather dark, with the electricity shut off and all. oblivious to that fact, she looked between the two of them adding just before she took another bite, "it's a great relief we don't have any shadows here like that..."

as the doctor waited to hear if gwendolyn was hurt catherine's gaze wandered. it was the commotion that she heard coming down the nearby stairs that caught her attention, and sure enough as the hobbling got closer she saw a familiar man in a doctor's coat go whizzing by. "oh look, it's donald..." catherine tugged her husband's arm when she saw the blonde-haired doctor go rushing past them towards the front room. "and a cat." well that wasn't a sight one saw every day. she tucked her eyebrows into a frown, adding pensively, "do you think everything's alright?"

it hadn't occurred to her that anyone else was downstairs besides her, gwendolyn and armandeus. but now that thought was at the forefront of her mind as she looked at the doctor and gwendolyn with worry. "i...i didn't really check to see if anyone else was down here, i was too busy trying to get armandeus to stop. did you see anyone else?" that was asked of the both of them, since each had come to the rescue at different times.

as for armandeus, catherine knew full well they couldn't just leave him on the floor of the destroyed kitchen forever. call it her redheaded temper that she didn't mention that fact yet. she was still quite sore about tonight's events.
catherine dtardis
catherine dtardis

Number of posts : 64

Back to top Go down

Post by DrDonaldBlake Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:12 pm

Donald removed his white lab coat, now that he was kneeling down in front of the chair De'Ryanna was slumped down in."Magic is overrated..." Donald said plainly to the cat, sitting up a bit and moving to ease her down onto the floor carefully.

" Besides, I have other ways of helping this particular young lady... De'Ryanna. I need you to move your arms..." even as he said that, he was moving her arms from her stomach wounds, replacing the pressure with that of his nice clean white lab coat, pressing down on it with one hand while the other reached into his bag for a stapler, setting it on the floor before going back into the bag to come out with a tube of crazy glue.

Donald switched which hand was applying pressure to her wound while the other hand went into his medicine roll, unrolling it with a flick and pulling several things from a couple of different pockets, each herb placed between his lips and he started ti chew them, poor mans mortar and pestle there. back into his med kit, he started to pull out a few rolls of gauze and some sterile, non stick pads.

"De'Ryanna, I don't have any suture kits, so I'm going to staple the wounds and then glue them shut... this should help." he lifted the coat carefully and removed the herbal mixture from his mouth, rubbing it around the wounds, doing well to slightly numb the area so that Donald could get to work, fingers pinching one of the gashes shut and pressing the cold steel of the stapler against her skin, the handle squeezed and a small staple peirced her skin and nothing else, and a second, then a third going down the slash until it was shut for the most part.

With the first one stapled shut, he picked up his tub e og crazy glue, squeezing it and covering the stapled would in the clear liquid, which was spread over the wound to seal it. already it was starting to dry and harden.

one down three to go.

DrDonaldBlake

Number of posts : 167

Back to top Go down

Post by The Doctor Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:48 pm

The Doctor tossed Catherine the banana when she asked about it."Remind me to get another banana, you know my philosophy about them..." said to his wife with a smile before his eyes where back on Gwendolyn...." I like to have a banana with me, because you'll never know when it'll be useful... Kitty!" that last word punctuated Catherine's first statement about the flesh eating shadows. But when she recovered with her saying that they didn't have them here.

"That is absolutely right! they don't have them here, in fact, they're solely exclusive to that particular sector of the universe... which is extremely far from here." Technically true, they where only found in that concentration on the library. When Catherine mentioned Donald and the cat the doctor looked up as well." He looks like he's in a hurry, So does Donald... might be on his way to work, is about time for a shift change..." a pensive look on the doctor for a moment." I didn't see anyone else down here when i ended up in the pantry... did you see anyone Gwendolyn?"
The Doctor
The Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolyn Zoi Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:42 am

A bright smile, even if its twinged with a bit of fear, slipped over her lips. “I did! Peter Pip looks healthy too!” Just in case they hadn’t ran into her as of late, she thought it would be good to let them know. Slowly she reached out to the clicky led light that The Doctor had offered her. Fingers carefully taking it from him, her eyes widening just a moment until she got used to it. “Thank you The Doctor.” She spoke she really did mean it. “Oh no, I am not hurt. Just have cold feet but once I go back to my room I can take care of that.” Not that he wanted to know her feet were cold, but they were, and she was telling!

As Catherine was speaking, Gwendolyn’s eyes were widening, her lower lip was finding its way into her mouth. That was something that this girl could be having nightmares about, for a while, just when The Doctor had given her light, now she was even more grateful for it. Her widened eyes swung between the two, “Are you sure we don’t have those shadows here?” She let out a small breath when The Doctor replied and backed up the fact that those shadows were not around here. “That’s good. I…don’t think I would want to be with those shadows.” Her luck the battery would die in whatever light she had to fend off the beasts!

Hearing his other question she gave a shake of her head, “I had not seen anyone til I stepped in here and saw Catherine and…Ar something or other I think she called him. But I didn’t see anyone in the basement, to be honest, I wasn’t really looking for anyone down there.” She was rather glad not to find anyone down there.

Shining the little led light around at the shadows watching the edges creeping further from her. When the light landed on the knocked out elf, she looked back to Catherine and The Doctor. “Is he going to be okay?” She was in the basement when Catherine popped him, so it was a normal question. Though she just assumed he out powered himself, she wouldn’t think of Catherine hitting him, she didn’t know her well enough to just assume such a thing.
Gwendolyn Zoi
Gwendolyn Zoi

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:12 pm

Tyger always had an interest in 'traditional' healing, the type that didn't involve any type of magic or salves that you rubbed over a wound to make it vanish. It interested him because or seemed to take more skill and a whole lot more patience than many people had these days. At one time he thought that these doctors would have all been wiped out as there hardly seemed to be a use for them anymore. Fortunately they still thrived in pockets of this world.

The cat still stood off to the side, though Donald might not know it; Tyger was there to lend a hand if it was needed. Perhaps he should say something, but that wasn't this felines way. Then he saw him pull out a device he hadn't seen used: a stapler. Kitty curiosity rose up and just as he was about to ask what it was for he saw Donald use it on De'Ryanna stomach. He didn't flinch - the cat had seen so many things over his long life - but if cats could raise an eyebrow at an interesting occurrence than that was exactly what this cat was doing.

"She doesn't object," said Tyger in response to what the doctor said. Of course De'Ryanna would have no objections, not while she was unconscious.

"Will she have those staples forever? Meow." clearly he was concerned and not simply fascinated.

Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by catherine dtardis Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:02 pm

"what?" was catherine's equally sharp reply to the doctor saying her name so forcibly. obviously she didn't realize her faux pas. she was too busy stuffing her face with the apple. she ate the entire thing, core seeds and all. only the stem was left and that she slipped into the pocket of her hoodie until she passed a trash and could throw it out.

she finished it just in time to catch the banana her husband tossed her, which she immediately started to peel. "remember to get another banana, tick," she reminded him immediately after he asked for a reminder. it was her way of being cheeky with him, and that way when she forgot to remind him later he technically couldn't accuse her of not reminding him at all. banana peeled, she bit the top of it off with a satisfied, "mmmm."

as she chewed, a glance down at her hand holding the banana reminded her of her half shifted state. her heart beat a bit faster as she cast a sheepish glance at gwendolyn, then her husband. chewing slow and swallowing thickly, she shifted her weight as she willed her mermaid form to go within. now that the excitement was over and everything was dry, the water-loving form didn't try to fight back and the pair of them probably wouldn't notice the shift at all as it was rather quick and seamless. and after all, it was dark! which meant that gwendolyn may not have even noticed her mermaidish appearance at all, thank goodness.

"and what are we going to do with him?" catherine swallowed a mouthful of banana as she piggybacked on gwendolyn's last question. "it is late." as true as it was, it was also a slightly selfish observation on catherine's part. the growing baby had finally quieted, and now that she'd had some food catherine's mind was on a nice warm bed and lots of pampering from her foxy husband. but tired as she was, irritated with armandeus as she was, catherine still couldn't bring herself to just walk away from the situation until she saw it to the end.
catherine dtardis
catherine dtardis

Back to top Go down

Post by The Doctor Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:12 pm

"Oh he'll be right as cricket soon as he wakes up, thanks to the masterfully placed right hook by Catherine here... All he'll have is a nice shiner and a bit of soreness when he wakes up... you know, his ancient civilization they often knocked patients unconscious in very much the same manner... they sort of stopped when mothers stopped waking up after childbirth... that's where using alcohol came into mass use."

The doctor said all of that very quickly, looking down at the Elf's body before offering a nod."Well, the fire is out, there isn't anything freezing anymore, and the electricity's been turned off, he's not in any danger... I'm inclined to leave him here, let him wake up in the mess he's created because he couldn't keep his temper controlled..." sand after a nod he looked up and shifted his glance from his wife to Gwendolyn."Any objections?"
The Doctor
The Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolyn Zoi Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:21 pm

As for Catherine being in a mermaidish appearance, that was something that Gwen did miss, be it from the darkness or the fear of the shadows, which The Doctor had chased away by offering her the light in hand. She was still fascinated by it, she knew such things existed but she never had her own hand held light before.

Then they were chatting about the appearing to be sleeping elf on the kitchen floor. Of course, she knew he wasn’t just sleeping, the good doctors words just confirmed that fact. But maybe sometimes people had things coming to them? Gwen was not about violence, but if Catherine had not done what she did, more then just the one would have been hurt. It was for the greater good of those in the Inn.

She looked between the two of them, “I think it might be best to let him sleep in here. That way he can see what his actions caused?” She did agree with the two of them, for if they moved him to his room, there was a good chance he wouldn’t even know what he caused to happen! And The Doctor and Miss Catherine both thought it was a good idea, whom was she to disagree! She was a testament to them knowing what they were doing.
Gwendolyn Zoi
Gwendolyn Zoi

Back to top Go down

Post by catherine dtardis Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:31 am

"well thank goodness they stopped that." catherine rubbed at her rounded belly with a surly little frown. no matter how bad the labor pains she couldn't imagine being willing to be clonked over the head on top of enduring everything else that birthing already brought on. the rubbing motion seemed to soothe even her, because what followed next was a very large yawn. it was late, and now that the excitement was over it was finally catching up with her.

catherine leaned forward to rest her head against the back of her husband, peaking around him into the destroyed kitchen, and the elf who was knocked out in the middle of it. after her eyes lingered on armandeus for a moment, those sienna eyes traveled over all the charred, water damaged and broken bits. she was thinking about that, the value of waking up in the wake of what was just done. there was a time in her life where she'd been destructive and the 'awakening' she'd received had helped her. she hoped it would do the same for the elf.

"alright," she agreed with a little nod, gaze turning to back to the two of them. "thank you again gwendolyn, for all your help." she offered a sheepish smile to the woman before added to them both, "let's go to bed."

turning away from the kitchen, catherine started in the direction of the tardis to do just that.
catherine dtardis
catherine dtardis

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:28 pm

De'Ryanna could hear them, even if she couldn't respond verbally to what was going on. There was a very slight flinch in her eyes when she felt him working around the wound. But that was all. She heard Tyger...that cat..saying she didn't object. If she could talk she'd have a lot of things to say at being stapled! Focusing. Focusing and trying to reach out to Donald she attempted to move her head. Look at that, there was a slight movement. Perhaps he caught it.

"There she is." he was a surgeon of course he could see that small bit of movement. "These are just silly scratches De'Ryanna, you're going to be fine." He was closing up her second wound at this point, almost done with it... taking this moment to use daft hands to refill the stapler. fingers pinching the final wound shut before stapling it, and then pinching, and stapling. all long the length of the cut there. and then emptying out another entire tube of super glue onto it, smoothing it out to help seal the wound, wafting his hand over the wounds to both disperse the glue gumes and to dry it easier.

Silly scratches. They were surface scratches. That's all they were. She repeated that over and over to herself because the more she did so the more it would be a reality. He saw her move.. good.. that was good. Maybe she could do it again. Again she tried to move her head and lift a finger or two on her right hand. Tyger was standing by and he walked over to her side and hoped up on the chair. From here he could get a better view of what was going on. Not to mention he could watch Donald. "How long will this be? Meow?"

"You know, you should pick one, are you going to meow or talk?" he was trying to be funny, but it may have come off as a bit short, while he started to dress the wound, the super glue was dry enough for him to at least clean the rest of it , clearing away some of the blood. "Because it strikes me, that if you could talk, you wouldn’t need to meow, but you sort of punctuate your sentences with it." he was watching his work. reaching into his medicine back for more herbs which he then began to chew. only to rub it into the glues wounds.

Tyger murred at him as he lifted a paw and rubbed it against his face. "Think of it, mow, as an accent." Do one or the other. Already Tyger didn't like this man and if it wasn't for that fact that he was working on his charge he would have told the guy to bugger off. But he held his tongue for now because doing otherwise wouldn't do any good. When Donald rubbed into the wound it caused a different reaction from De'Ryanna, one that said she was slowly becoming better off than what she was a moment ago, she actually made a sound. It was a groan accented with a pull of her head to the side and a hiss of air being pulled in between clenched teeth.

And Donald was close to getting up and getting a broom to scamper the cat off. but it was the only other person talking right now. but when De'Ryanna stirred again, moving he leaned back and started to roll up his medicine roll. "I'm going to need to get her to a bed, she's going to be stable for now, and we'll see how she comes down from the shock before we can get her to the hospital.

Tyger snickered to himself at the thought of how his charge would react to what happened to her. It was something he was waiting to see and would use to remind her of whenever she sought to do anything foolish again. "Just how do you, meow, expect to move her?" He was referring to the cane Donald had.

"hm, well... I was thinking I could hold my cane up in the air, shout I have the power and you could grow into a giant cat wearing battle armor, then we could carry her upstairs." he smiled up at the cat, pushing up on his can in order to stand up.." Ever see He-man? he had a cat he could talk to too... really good cartoon when i was a kid... But, in all serious-ness, I was thinking we could ask a higher power for assistance here." Which is when Donald tapped his stick on the ground a few timed before stepping outside for a moment to summon Thor.

Tyger waited until Donald got up before the cat arched his back and flicked his tail in disgust, giving a short hiss in disgust. That man. No matter how many times he was around the humans he never could get himself to care too much for then, and now he was going to have to be in a place with them. He wouldn't admit it but Donald had him slightly curious as to this 'Higher Power' so he would wait. Relaxing he settled down n Ryan's shoulder.

And just to be cheeky Tyger could probably hear Donald from right outside the door."By the Power of Grayskul!!!! I have the power!" followed by a rumbling of thunder, and a bright arcing flash of lightning which was chased by a loud cracking clap of the thunder at Thor's command, both of which dying down rather quickly following the first light show. entering into the inn again was a rather large blonde man, bearing a striking resemblance to the good doctor himself. but much larger and certainly not so happy go lucky." I saw through his eyes a sight i hoped to be a dream. You bear the fruit of Asgard... yet you seek not her aid during your time of crisis."

He was talking to De'Ryanna and at what he said she inwardly balked. Sure she had thought about it a time or two but she had her reserves. Mostly it was a thing dealing with pride. Asking another to aide her when she wasn't able to help herself. Her head turned again and she was able to lift a hand, but just barely, and all she did was a very slight wave of her fingers. "Everyone has reasons." That was Tyger speaking for her, but even the cat was regarding Thor with a bit of curiosity.

"Reasons are only reasons if one lives to justify them... even then though it does not stop those reasons from being naught but an excuse for inaction..." Thor lowered himself then, lowering to one knee. Reaching a hand out, letting it hover over her chest." You are a child of Asgard, Wounds such as these would be as a skinned knee to Lenneth Valkyrie. Why do you suppress her?"

De'Ryanna’s eyes squeezed shut. She could feel his own power coming from him and it moved through her body.. She could feel energy in his hand and it was helping. Softly words drew from her. "Risk." the word came softly and without a lot of strength. Once it was said she licked her lips and let out a breath. "Risk." She said again, though this time it was a bit stronger. She didn't call on her other side in times like this not only because of pride, but because she didn’t know what would happen while she was in a vulnerable state of being. Perhaps she was even a bit scared of not being able to turn back.

"Risk? you seek to endanger yourself? and through that, endanger a being incapable of defending herself without you? Do you hate the gift you accepted so much that you would see yourself as well as she dead? Simply to test the very limits of your being?" Thor's tone gave nothing away, simply speaking in a simple level tone.

That was not a question she was wanting to answer. So much to the point where her body went still again. It sounded like he was asking if she had a death wish and perhaps she did which is why she wasn't going to answer the question. Her tense eyes relaxed and her head slowly went to the side. Tyger flicked his tail at Thor. "I don't think she liked, mew, what you said. "

Thor's intense blue eyes fell upon the cat. stoic, quiet and regarding before he simply looked away as if dismissing it. "Perhaps not, Though I will not allow the question to remain unanswered... Where I know you can understand my questions. I would compel an answer from you, if I must seek the answer in other ways... I offer you another chance to answer..." Thor was still channeling through the Lenneth, his own way of assisting her healing ability, without actually summoning forth the goddess.

Tyger moved from one shoulder of Ryanna's to the other, his tail gracing the back of her neck as he moved. She felt the prick of his paws and the weight of him. She heard Thor's words loud and clear and was keeping herself still. Answer, everyone was looking for answers and they were not ones she wanted to give. 'Don't.. want to kill.. Lenneth." that was an honest answer and to her it was a straight answer. Words were coming a bit easier but effort was still able to be seen after she paused.

"Hm... forgive me, but if you wish not to see Lenneth's death, why is it you go through such lengths to test your mortality?" there you go though, ask the tough questions. wait for the hard answers. It may have seen harsh, but he knew she was going to be fine, and perhaps in this moment where not even she knew that, he might be able to teach her the lesson he whished to teach

"To see... if I can die." That was a way of putting it. She believed that she couldn't die and what had happened tonight only confirmed her thought that she wasn't going to be allowed to die. It was that thought as to why she squeezed her eyes shut again and turned her head to the side,. Though her eyes were closed she still felt as though she could see him and it wasn't something she wanted at the moment. Tyger frowned - yes, this cat frowned - when he heard it and huffed.

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:34 pm

"To see... if I can die." That was a way of putting it. She believed that she couldn't die and what had happened tonight only confirmed her thought that she wasn't going to be allowed to die. It was that thought as to why she squeezed her eyes shut again and turned her head to the side,. Though her eyes were closed she still felt as though she could see him and it wasn't something she wanted at the moment. Tyger frowned - yes, this cat frowned - when he heard it and huffed.

"You wish to see if you're capable of dying? perhaps I shall remove Lenneth's influence from you, in order to grant your wish... as it is she, is what is currently keeping life from fading from your body... as is common when a Goddess over Death whishes not to meet her own end... Do you truly desire to see the end De'Ryanna?" Thor didn’t pull any punches in how he spoke, he was about letting people make their own choices in life. it was his job to protect the weak, and uphold good and protect his people. And if this young lady really wanted to see herself dead, and he could protect Lenneth by removing her spirit and allowing this one to live.

A testament to her getting a bit of her strength back was the low growl in the back of her throat and a small shift of her shoulders. "If this is so .... bothering" she swallowed, her eyes still closed and her breathing was a bit shaky. "You don't... don't have to stay." She wasn't use to having to explain herself and now was not a time where she was looking to change her ways suddenly. Tyger's attention went from her to Thor and finally he settled on him. "Can Thor release this one, meow, from the one who wrapped, mew, her soul?"

You will not speak to the son of Odin as such child... you would also do well to show more thanks for one who is seeing to it that you remain alive... a task I will not, unless of course you would like your wish for death granted, which I can do." there was a little bite, if there was anyone Ryan should watch her tongue around it was this guy, not a big fan of playing games. Blue eyes left Ryan then and fell upon the Cat." Such is possible, but it is not a task for A God of Thunder... but perhaps a gatherer of souls herself with the assistance of Asgards Artificer Lord Tyr, The chains that bind her soul may yet be broken.

If she could have moved under her own power she would have done so at this point. She may be use to taking a tone with other people and having her say and being done with it, but she never liked it when others did it to her. Call it hypocritical. She had to deal with it through her training and in her Fosters home, but she never wanted to deal with it directed to her. "This is not the place.... nor the time” her eyes squeezed shut as she pulled in breath through slightly clenched teeth. Her small growl had cost her some energy. "To talk of this now. Please." The last added in. She meant in a public setting where people would hear her reasoning.

"Death is a power far greater then even myself, even I can not tell Death to wait on behalf of your own modesty Child... I can relocate you to a more comfortable place, but I could think of no time better to speak of this... As it pertains equally for you and someone I'm sworn to serve as her kind." Thor moved his hand, sliding one underneath her knees the other around her back. lifting her up into his arms. Turning towards leaving the inn.

When Thor went to pick her up Tyger settled down around her shoulders. Normally he would have simply jumped to the ground and started following, but he didn't know if Thor was going to travel by means that he couldn't follow. In her mind she said that it was just Death and nothing to be concerned about, but she wasn't going to say that out loud. To her the time was better as soon as they left the Inn. Though she flinched when he picked her up, she quickly settled as he moved. Of course, the chair she was in was now stained and probably would need to be replaced. "Death... only as meaningful.. when it's reality." Another squeeze of her eyes. "I have to.. .control ... something."

"Control, why is it Humanity's desire to control, constantly... you know, it is that constant search, for control that prevents you from attaining it... that is precisely the reason you are unable to summon forth Lenneth and shrug off these wounds like the scratches they are." Thor walked from the inn, with his arms full flight at this point was impossible, but his plan was to awaken Lenneth with she was strong enough to survive the summoning." Where you to stop for search for control, And communed with she who seeks to help you... you would have the control you desire.

This time she bit down the growl that threatened to rise in her throat and didn't say anything for a minute or two. Simply let the silence ride out with only the wind moving over them. "Having say in your life is important." Or it was to her, she didn't know about the rest of the human population. "I'm not human" The growl undertone was there when she said that part. Saying she wasn't human was just another way for her to accept the other part of what she was.

"Indeed it is, and I believe that you should have such, but to make the sum of your being stand as this quest of control.... it will end in your untimely death." eyes looked down at her, she was certainly growing more spirited wasn’t she?" Child, you stand as mortal in eyes of the Gods, while I know you are more then human, you ask as little more then a human, so until you prove otherwise, such is how you'll remain."

Resting. She rested in-between her words and while he was talking, getting her strength back up. It was to the point now where she had movement in her hands and she moved one down to her stomach and lightly graced over the staples that Donald had made. Tyger saw her and purposefully swatted at her neck with his tail. "Murr. She's an animal you know. Mow. Hot tempered as what she is."

“Think you I would not know such a think Cat? of course such has not escaped my vast scope of knowledge..."Thor said, finally stopping his walking and drawing in a deep breath." Unfortunately now though feline companion... now is where you must depart, as You will not be welcome where it is I am taking Lenneth." the goddess' power rising, Thor coaxing her form from within De'Ryanna.

The cat sucked his teeth and seemed to settle down more upon his charges shoulders. "I honestly don't care what you know. Meow." His tail flicked again in half aggravation. "But if I can't go. mow, she can't." He didn't want to be charged to the child but he was wanting less to answer to his Master as to the reason why her daughter vanished for hours or even days when she was under his care. "Meow. She's my responsibility."

"I care not for your words, tis true there are very few of your kind I've come to know that can speak as you do, but that you use your ability in order to attempt to tell a god what he can and can not do, is rather a detriment to your well being. Your kind are not stupid, and you know you have absolutely no way to stop me from taking my Valkyrie home to Asgard..."

Tyger was outwardly glaring at Thor. Obviously he didn't like him and it was only getting more so. "I don't like you." Pointed statement. "It isn't necessary. Meow." the glare continued and De'Ryanna moved her hands over the wounds. "Tyger.... I'll be fine." Tyger looked at her and he did his own growl. "Two hours." That was Tyger’s reply to Thor.

"The feeling is rather mutual feline..." Thor adjusted his hold on Ryan in order to support her weight in one massive arm against his chest, the now free hand reaching up to pluck the cat from Ryan's body effortlessly." you are in no position of issue orders to me... Know that no harm will befall her, I will also return her when it is Lenneth no longer has business of which to attend..." which is when the god lowered the cat to the ground, since he was a nice guy like that.

It wasn't an answer that Tyger liked but it wasn't something that he could do too much about... personally. Besides, his charge had told him she would be okay. Still, Tyger growled to him as he was removed, he was taking note of it all so he could send it back in his report. While she was gone he could do some investigating of his own. "Fine."

Well its good that Donald locked his room up tighter then the dickens, in case the cat thought to get into it. but now that the cat was gone, Thor released Lenneth of her prison, and lowered her to the ground." Good evening Lenneth... come, we must hurry away, there is much to discuss." which we can play out at another juncture.

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2