Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Where Wizards go to hide.

2 posters

Go down

Where Wizards go to hide. Empty Where Wizards go to hide.

Post by TheWarden Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:15 am

Wizards lived a long long time, usually around three or four hundred years. and to be constantly growing, learning, maturing as a human. Because in the end, That's what Wizards where, human. Sure they had power, a little more then the next guy. but still human. all squishy and everything. bullet to the face? that'll do the trick when you wanted to kill one of them. But good luck getting the drop on a wizard like that. They're smarter then the average bear. Which is a double edged sword because usually when one has both power and intelligence. it usually combines to one great sense of paranoia. Good for warding off would be murderer's bad for attracting new potential friends.

Which begs the question, Why would an old paranoid Wizard come to a rather social, well known inn, seeking a room? Well HE was apparently on the lamb from something back home.And the big bads back home. usually never cross over to what The Wizard and his cohorts on the White Council called the Never Never. the magical land of magical creatures. Mostly because most of then didn't know how. Which was a good thing in this case.

Jamison Michael LeFey, Lieutenant Warden of the White Council had entered the inn rather slowly. Rather well dressed, he wore an properly cut charcoal business suit, with a white shirt and a dark blue die. Over the suit the Wizard wore a long raincoat. The coat itself, covered in magical wards, and its inside filled with small pockets for his various magical accoutrement. Walking through the lobby, leaning heavily upon the runed cane he carried with him. a heavy limmp on his left leg. Of course Jamison didn't actually need the cane. he was actually rather spry for a man of his age, regular tai chi, yoga and practicing several martial arts would do that for you.

When the older man came to the desk, he paused to remove the leather gloves upon his hands before reaching forward and tapping at the bell there one time.

TheWarden
TheWarden

Number of posts : 70

Back to top Go down

Where Wizards go to hide. Empty Re: Where Wizards go to hide.

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:16 am

The ward was triggered and De'Ryanna was notified that someone was at the front desk even before the silver bell went off. The past few days had her feeling slightly better and able to take charge of the front once more. Having sent her sister on her way and set up her station again - and that meant cleaning away all the colored pencils and paper constructions that had been littered across it so that any visitors would see a clean, presentable desk. The man would not have to wait too long before she came walking out from around the corner, the hem of her white dress with seven bands of color brushed along the floor as she moved. Smooth, fluid, if not for the movement of the skirt it may be wondered if she was even walking at all.

Coming in sight of the patron a polite smile stretched across her lips and she held her hands down together and in front of her, the single braid keeping her hair from drifting over her face. As she neared she examined briefly, taking in his stance, attire, and the general mood and scent that lingered about him. She couldn't help it, the actions were not so much instinctual as they were ingrained in her upbringing. "Greetings to you and welcome to the Tel'Ranaemyn Inn."

When she reached the desk she pulled out the ledger and folded her hands on top it on the desk. "How can I be of service?"

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Number of posts : 566

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWarden Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:50 pm

A ward Triggered when he entered? interesting... There would be a slightly bemused look on the Wizard's face when the woman entered from the back room and stepped up to the front desk, offering forth some of what seemed like rather prompt customer service. The Inns back in his homeland especially the modern one's could take a page of lessons from this place. and as it was he had only been here for but a few moments.When she spoke she would find the wizard's eyes moving to her own, rather just off of her own. His kind tended not to meet the eyes. It brought them into what one could call a soul gaze. You saw what a person really was, on the inside. What was within their souls how they saw themselves.

"Good afternoon, I have heard that you offer extended stay rooms. I do so hope that you have a vacancy." He held carried a slight affectation though it may have been a little hard to place, Irish, muddled in english. It was the accent of a man who traveled a great deal in his long years. The gloves in his hands where carefully folded in half and then slid into the pocket of his long overcoat, before a hand moved to retake his cane, shifting his weight onto the rather ornate piece of wood.
TheWarden
TheWarden

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:24 pm

The service here was prompt unless one of the employees was otherwise engaged - then service could be delayed for a moment or five until their task was ended and they made their way to the desk. Nevertheless, the time was never so long that the person felt forgotten.

He had mentioned a room and that meant De'Ryanna would have to open the book. Often times she had considered getting a new book and transferring all the information, and she would have, if she knew that her sister would not simply transfer the drawings or make new ones. If the Wizard was the curious sort he'd see the pages of the ledger lined with caricatures and bubbled dialogue, scribbles in the margins and header and footer of the pages. De'Ryanna paid no attention to any of it - even acted as though they didn't exist - as she turned the pages.

“We do offer that service here. We can accommodate those who need shelter whether it be for only a night or an indefinite amount of time. As long as their tab is paid and they stay by our civil rules then there is no problem and they can stay as they like. Here we are.” She had reached the end of the book and took note of the rooms that were there. “We have rooms that start at rates vary from a few silvers to four gold a week depending on your needs, the size of the room, and whether or not it is equipped with a personal bath. If you are in need of specialized accommodations it may cost you more. “

Her eyes looked over to his cane and lingered there a moment, it wasn’t long enough to be rude but she got a good look. Afterward her eyes fixed back on him, even if he wasn’t looking at her. Even without looking directly at her she had a commanding presence.

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWarden Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:49 pm

He was used to drawing such attention, so the stares to his cane where not met with malice or even notice. He did not care, as far as he was concerned it was her establishment and she could stare at whatever she liked. To her words, his brows rose and he offered her a slow nod, bringing a hand up to rub at his chin for a moment. before he spoke again.

"I do so to ask this, but if it is at all possible I would like a room, a bit of distance away from the other patrons... As it is my body causes electrical systems to malfunction and then fail... I would really hate to create such grief to the other Patrons of your establishment. Would you be able to accommodate such a request?"

A little True Story about Wizards, with the amount of raw power that they carry with them, Unintentionally mind you,the tend not to agree with electronics. causing the devices to freak out and then fizzle. usually best to keep his distance from such devices.
TheWarden
TheWarden

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:11 am

"Be sure then that you stay away from the Lounge," it was not said too sharply, but it was said that that he would know there was no bit of joking in her voice. They had electronic devices in there: stereo, computers, television, and the game system. If this man caused electronic devices to go on the fritz then logically it was a room he should avoid. But he didn't know why he should avoid that room unless he related it to what he told her and would rather not be responsible for damage because she neglected to explain.

"There are a few key electronic devices in that room. If there was a way you wouldn't bring harm to the items then your presence there would be welcomed."

Now she looked back to the book. He had requested a room away from everyone else and that was a request she may be able to honor. Her index finger slide along the floor layout and tapped a corner of the page. "There's a room, single bed, on the far side of the first floor on the West. The others on the floor are situated more to the North. You even have your own corridor." A glance to him before she pulled out the keys and placed them on top of the papers he was to sign. "The room has its own bath and is not modernized. The lamps are oil and there are windows on two walls if you prefer natural light and or ventilation." He had a corner room. With it he would be able to see out to the garden below.

"It will cost you two silvers a night and you may pay when you check out, there's no need to pay before hand unless it's something you'd rather get out the way." She was in her business mode. "Whatever you take at the bar is added to your tab, unless again you wish to pay upfront. If you don't have the money then we accept service in a way to pay for your room and board." She tapped the paper with the keys.

"This sheet has your room rate listed as well as what I have told you and the hours of the kitchen and a few factoids about the Inn and area. If you agree to it then sign your name, please."

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWarden Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:28 am

The Wizard listened intently to her words. offering polite nods at the appropriate moments. HE would more then likely unplug the electronic devices in question. and stow them away within a warding circle meant to keep magical energies that would otherwise harm their sensitive circuits.

When she offered forth the room contract Jamison shifted his weight from one leg to what looked to be his stronger one. of course that was all an act. but one could never tell as whenever the man was not alone he would act as a frail gimped man. Leaning the cane against the front desk her spoke." I do not believe that paying my bill will be an issue. Though, should you desire my services, I would be more then willing to offer them forth to you." words spoken and he picked up one of the pens.

Pen in hand the warden let his eyes wander over the paper. taking in every single word. commiting it to memory. Wizards and Elephants. one thing they have in common, is that they never forget. part of what makes them such an amazing force to be reckoned with. When he put pen to paper, the Desk Maiden would see that his signature had a very eighteenth century quality to it, many flourishes and extravagant letters spelling out 'Jamison Michael LeFey'
TheWarden
TheWarden

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:36 am

Normally when people offered their services it was thought of as them offering to do the trivial duties: manning the desk, tending the bar, helping out with chores, but there was something that told her his offering was different. "Do you have any special services that you are wanting to offer . . ." The paper was signed and she pulled it towards her and a flick of her fingers spun it towards her. "Mister LeFey?"

De'Ryanna had a natural way about languages, not all of them but the handful she studied in training, and Jamison's name came easily. Her words ended with a smile to her lips. She also liked his handwriting. It was flourished, neat and old, perhaps he was of the same qualities as some believed that personality was shown in handwriting. One thing she knew and that was this man was polite.

Taking the signed paper she folded it cleanly in half and then once more before settling it inside the box behind the desk. "For the time being you may call me De'Ryanna The key to the room was set down for him to take up at his leisure. "If you run into any problems or are in need of something that I can accommodate let me know. Enjoy your stay at Tel'Ranaemyn."

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWarden Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:16 am

"I do, I am rather well versed in many forms of both offensive and defensive magics... Should the inn require services in protection of either source." It was true Jamison was one of the single best combat wizards on the white council. top five easily.

Due in large part to his lineage. magic was passed down through blood, mother to son usually, though it was not unknown for a father to pass the gift down to their children, but generally speaking the mother passed the gift down. Which was the case in Jamison LeFey. the blood was rich with magical power, perhaps it was his great great grandmother Morgana LeFey that kept the Warden from being a member of the senior council. Being that she was the murderer of the single most powerful wizard since the inception of the white council. A man so powerful that his very name is held as a rank within the council reserved for its Leader... The Merlin.

"Thank you Ms. De'Ryanna... I will most certain seek you out should i require your services... I ask that you return the favor in kind should you require any services I might offer." the key was picked up and a polite smile and a nod offered to the girl before he started off towards his room, limping along on his walking cane.
TheWarden
TheWarden

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down