Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Breaking the Prison of 'Protection' >> A Log, Part I

Go down

Breaking the Prison of 'Protection' >> A Log, Part I Empty Breaking the Prison of 'Protection' >> A Log, Part I

Post by Guest Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:57 pm

Thor sat up alone in his throne room. the large empty room, ripe with echoes and whispers of times come and gone. The Thunderer had sent a summons to Amora, the Enchantress. One who was easily misguided in the past. Pushed into trying to thwart thor in his works, his attempts to save humanity. Though in the end, she really was one who only wished for her own happiness. Which is really the heart's desire of anyone who walked the realms, earth or otherwise. There was another summons, more a request to have Loki, his Brother or rather Sister to come as well, perhaps it was the task at hand would find itself best solved with the help from both. Eyes watched the pair of Gemstones in his hand, the souls of a married couple, given to him by the Goddess of Protection of this land when it was he challenged her in her gluttonous activities.. The King of Asgard wore the blue dress tunic that usually found its home when he did not walk Midgard. He also wore the large flowing red cape that Thor always wore, the winged helmet and the great hammer Mjolnir laid against the throne Thor found himself seated upon.

Misguided. An apt term applied to her by Thor. Though it was truth, Amora preferred to believe she was justified in her attempts to..thwart, seduce, charm or harass the great God. When the summons came, she rose from her leisure, a small crystal orb in her hands. It was nothing more than a play toy, a distraction to keep the Enchantress from causing too much trouble in her newly resurrected ....situation. She arrived in her usual garb. Always a scant ensemble of glittering fabric stretched over the appropriate body parts, revealing more than covering. Long blonde hair lay in thick curls down to her hips. A circlet of green and gold rested at her forehead, perhaps it was significant, but that was one of the few secrets she held close to her chest. She entered the throne room with the appropriate demeanor, having perfected it over the years. A suitable curtsey/bow was given, then she lifted her head to cast a convoluted gaze to the God. "You summoned, my Lord?" Which would have sounded very correct, had it not been for the toss of the blonde head, and the crystal ball, and the rather inappropriate scrape of his form, along with a questionable smile.

Loki was entering the grand and glorious throne room with a dazzling and inappropriate demeanor - equally perfected over the years. They would hear her before they would see her, in fact. For Loki was singing. She had a bewitchingly breathtaking voice - worse than any snake charmer's, more potent then even the Sirens' warbles. For thor had, you see, interrupted Loki during one of her bright lights big stage gigs with a punk band that no one heard of or cared about - until tonight, that is. And she had been having ever so much fun. Which is why she had half a mind to not stop singing until her song was complete, "Uh oh, overflow, population, common food, but it'll do to Save yourself, serve yourself. World serves its own needs, listen to your heart bleed dummy with the rapture and the revered and the right, right. You vitriolic, patriotic, slam, fight, bright light, feeling pretty psyched." And then, of course, the chorus. Music to her Brother's ears surely as she entered the throne room for the pair of them to see, "It's the end of the world as we know it. It's the end of the world as we - Brother Thor!" He should consider it merciful that she stopped singing there, for there was quite a bit of the song left. "What a most marvelous day it is, think you not? And Amora, how positively radiant you look. Your absence shows on you not a wit." With punk in her swagger there came Loki to stand next to Amora, jungle green eyes gazing at her Brother. She was still dressed as she had been for the concert - a very short red and green plaid skirt, a long sleeve top with all sorts of ancient symbols scribbled together and slashed open in all the right places, white fishnet tights, knee high black boots with quite the heels, and let us not forget about the teased hair, pointy dog collar, and the host of make-up. Perfect fashion for Asgard.

"Good Evening Amora.. Indeed I have, There is a task that I..." Thor's attention broke when he heard the singing. eyes moving from the Enchantress before him to the doors she had just stepped through. A single brow arched up he saw Loki of all people step through that door, and not dressed at all in her normal fashions. Of course The Thunderer was polite enough to allow his sister dearest to finish her song, it was after all the least he could do for interrupting her evening outside of the great city. Though when she was finished Thor only shook his head. "Aye, It is... better for some rather then others I can see... I do so hope that you would do me the honor of sparing us more verses... As it is I have a task for the two of you... or one, if you feel as though one is all that is required..." It was then that Thor stood from the Throne, stepping down the steps leading to it to meet the two woman, standing nearly a head taller then them. And his hand rose, showing forth the heart shaped soulstones Venis has so begrudgingly offered to him. "Residing in these stones, sits the souls of two who where granted the attention of this Land's Goddess of Protection. ... I wish to see these two walk once again in the lands of Midgard as the robbery of their souls was done out of spite, without any greater meaning then greed."

Amora squealed in delight seeing Loki. Her lips pursed into an air kiss, then her velvet voice came, "Mmm, Loki, always the one to make an appearance exciting enough to bend a girl's mind..." She gave a languid wink to the sister/brother of Thor, then turned her eyes to Thor himself. Both brows shot up quickly, even as her eyes dropped to the gemstones he carried in his hand. "A noble task, why Thor, I am touched beyond words you would find it in your heart to entrust such a thing...." she left 'to one who has plotted your demise', out of that sentence. She was in her 'make nice with the God' phase right now. While she did that she could openly appreciate the finer attributes of the man. Her hand lifted, then withdrew, a little shiver moving down her frame at the thought of touching the soul stones. She tossed the crystal ball up again, caught it and drew nearer. Her blonde head bent to study the stones. Without lifting from her bend, she shifted her eyes to Loki, the slow smile came, with an arch of one brow in question.

"But of course, Brother. To enrapture you completely in the thrilling song of mortal make, for that I shall wait." Such a beguiling smile for her Brother. Odious man that he was. She wore no distaste for him outwardly. At least not at the moment. Instead she leaned in closely to Amora as the Enchantress was feasting her eyes on the soulstones. "Now Amora, you know as well as I. What good is a mind if not well bent." That could be taken in so many ways. Some of them less than cooth. But tact was not the way of Chaos. Nor was beating around the bush. So while Amora had her eyes on the prizes, Loki's jungle gaze rested on the King of Asgard. "The story makes little sense as you tell it. Done out of spite with greed the meaning, but these mortals two were granted the attention of the Goddess of Protection of this Land. Wherein lies the protection here? Upon these stones is there some sort of trap? Within them a hidden paradise where these mortals pass their time in splendor? What dangers for the one who tries to release the souls from the stones?" Chaos was not one to trust that what looked easy was truly so. Only after she posed those questions did she cast her eye to meet her precious Amora's. "Be you careful with those." She had just gotten her partner in crime back, after all. Loki was not at all interested in losing her again.

"As you should be Enchantress Amora, know that my trust is offered in an attempt to further unify our land, our people...to show you, and you as well Sister... that I bear no old grudges to either of you... our people have been through a lot, and there is still much that is needed before it is our home is once again to its previous splendor..." The soul stones offered forth to the two women, either could take them, he cared not who took them. "As per the story, I understand that it sounds ... confusing to say the least...The Goddess of Protection sought to feed from this couple, to sate her vampiric hunger... When it was that the woman, a loyal follower of the goddess begged for the protection promised by her faith... the goddess chose instead to forsake her follow to feed her own hunger... and action which prompted my intervention, which was indeed the cause for this woman's spite wherein she killed both... and told me to take their souls to do what I wished."

Amora straightened, tossed the ball in her hand once, then it was gone. Magic was her ply and trade, and she had not seduced various and sundry over the years for parlor tricks, but sometimes she practiced them if for no other reason than her own amusement. She moved deftly behind Loki, the movement of the Enchantress, poetry in motion. Lingering behind Loki, she watched Thor as he explained the stones to them both, then her eyes dropped once again to where they rested at his palm. Her nostrils flared, and a shoulder lifted, a finger traced over her lower lip as if in thought. "So, we are to release these souls and give them their lives back in Midgard.....is there a price to pay, Thor? " then her smile came, fraught with charm and guile, "or is it simply the reward of pleasing you that we reap?"

There was nothing else to do but laugh. And laugh Chaos did. The sound bounced off the walls, the ceiling, the floor. Amusement incarnate. What other reply could she made to the tale. "These gods." A tush of her tongue. "This realm. I remain as always baffled by your interest." Loki would at least relieve the stones from Thor's hand. She did not take them into her own, but rather released the current within her to wrap around them, lifting them to a comfortable height betwixt the three so that they all might feast their eyes upon the sparkling gems. While Brother Thor and certainly Amora could feel the buzz in the air made by her 'dark' magic, it was otherwise invisible and the stones seemed to hang in the air of their own volition. "But the matter at hand. Amora has posed a question of which I am most interested to hear the answer and I add another. The restoration of these souls, what does the act mean to the realm we visit? To Asgard? Is this an act of kindness? Of war? Of, perchance...." a slow crafty grin spread across her lips as she traded her wild green eyes between the two of them, "Chaos?"

Thor shifted his glance from one woman to the other, it was an interesting contrast the two of them, yet they went together so amazingly. what they both wanted in the past was shockingly similar, they wanted Thor away from Asgard and to do whatever they wished with him. This he knew, this is perhaps something he counted on when he summoned them both here, having both of them working together on a task he offered to them, would make both easier to keep an eye on, or something to that effect. "My interest in this land lays in its people, not its gods... Its people call out for our work as the humans of earth realm once did... My interest in this land is to strengthen Asgard, aid those in this land. The gods grow bored, and restless... where they once again allowed to serve a land... that would change... This task, this pet project of mine... comes only to the reward of both my happiness Lady Enchantress" eyes meeting with those of the Enchantress for a moment before moving to Loki, "and the opportunity for you to stand in direct defiance of a goddess..." He knew how Loki liked to go against the norm, to stir the pot so to speak.

Back to top Go down

Breaking the Prison of 'Protection' >> A Log, Part I Empty Re: Breaking the Prison of 'Protection' >> A Log, Part I

Post by Guest Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:01 am

Loki's..buzz...always affected Amora. Holding a new level of profundity for the Enchantress, she literally trembled when the stones were lifted. Distracted enough to not notice the stones, instead, finding a lock of Loki's hair the most intriguing object in the room for a time, she took some time to catch up to the conversation for she lifted the strand of hair and let it slip through her fingers as if it were the most rare of silks, then she heard Thor's voice, and met his eyes. His happiness, he had said. A shift came to Amora's eyes. She moved to place Loki between herself and Thor, listening to their conversation...finally. It was the age old compelling force in Amora's life. Making Thor happy, but she could see he was using her, using her need to please him to get what he wanted. Loki, while a Trickster, had never tricked Amora by using her emotions against her. So the Enchantress remained quiet and lowered her eyes to hide whatever may be showing there. Finally she spoke, "You tempt us by using what is our greatest desire...what if those desires change, Thor, then how will you convince us to do your bidding? Commanding it as every other God?"

"Believe me Amora, spitting in the face of one of the reason-challenged gods of this land is hardly my greatest desire. It is a speck amusement at best. The manner in which you touched my hair a moment ago delighted me far more." There was no spite in Loki's words. They were not spoken to raise her Brother's ire, they were simply truth. She had met one of the gods of this realm and he had proven himself just as convoluted as the land itself did. "My interest in the mortals of this realm, however. A horse of a different color, as they say. I have spent much time with them these past weeks and they are quite the delicacy. Perhaps I might lend my aid simply to find out what mortal gems lay within these gems. If they were feast enough for a Goddess to feed upon, surely they were of exceptional stock and could be put to worthwhile use?" Her lips pursed thoughtfully as she mused upon it. No more than a moment passed before she gave her verdict. "And that is my price. I will play the game of chance by breaking these mortals out of prison in the event that they can serve me and my needs - harm will be spared, naturally." She flashed her Brother a willing, wily smile. "I merely wish to hear them sing the praises of Asgard to others in this land. However, I will do not a thing until Amora's questions are answered and her chosen price agreed upon by you." While Loki could perhaps free the two from the gems on her own, she would have been a terrible friend if she sold Amora out in this moment. Regardless of the price Loki had named to her Brother, doing this favor for him already served her best interest and greatest desire. In its own way.

Thor set his jaw, a tightening of the muscles there, eyes shifting from one evil to the other. Perhaps it was a mistake to summon both here, at least summon both here at the same time, such always brought this sort of stigma along with it. Despite the fact Thor could easily deal with both women should they desire to attack or rise against him in more subversive means, one could not help but feel a little out numbered in this situation." Your price Loki, is acceptable... Though I would have your word that those humans are not kept from living the lives stolen from them in their service to Asgard..." Thor the brought his arms up, folding them over the man's massive chest. staring deeply into Amora's eyes. If only she knew what it was that Thor pondered when he was alone up here. While it was true that Thor's heart ached for his love Lady Sif, it could not be said that he felt nothing for the woman who had done so much in the name of her love for him... Nor had it escaped his attention that Asgard did indeed need a queen. And Amora was the top candidate in that race. "Should your hearts desire change Lady Enchantress... then I shall have to stand as my father before me had." Closest answer she was going to get.

Amora's eyes gleamed when Loki manipulated the situation, much like her brother Thor had done, only in their own unique styles. She admired the ability to see the desire and go directly for it, but what if your desire was also the source of all your pain, all your fears, and the point of contention with every single choice? She smoothed the hip length hair over one shoulder and turned to face Thor properly. "I defer my reward until a private audience can be had with you, Thor. With the promise that my distance will remain proper...." She let her eyes cast sideways to Loki, and her nose twitched, elegant hands smoothing down her sides before continuing, "Once we reach a suitable reward for myself, I will assist Loki in the task given post haste.." Oh Amora knew Loki did not need her help, but she also knew that Loki was paving the way for Amora to gain in this little exercise in futility. At least, futile for some, profitable for others.

"Effortlessly granted, Brother Mine." For Loki to so confidently give agreement, one had to wonder what plans she had in store for those two mortals once they were cracked from their prison. Should the mortals prove worthwhile, that is. Loki was no fool, and she knew that within her named price she took a gamble. But when doing this service for Thor gained her all she needed to gain regardless, it was a fearless wager. "You also have assurance that they will receive a blessing of Protection by both our hands...to protect them from their own god of protection should she stumble upon them again by chance." The irony of what she just spoke tasted sweet as chocolate on her tongue. How ironies amused her. "Shall I leave you to your privacy, and retire with haste to my chamber?" Chamber. Laughable word for it. Whenever one opened the door to Chaos' Asgardian chamber they never knew what world they would find. As of late, a rainforest jungle with a golden temple at it's center amused her most. She was Loki, after all. A simple apartment was simply boring and would not do her wiles justice.

Thor listened intently to what Amora said, he could grant that small request of her at this moment, but of course that would require that they where alone. which meant that yes Loki would have to leave them."Thank you Loki, I am truly grateful..." which was true, Thor was never a liar, sort of went against his programming to do it. always the kind, just stalwart one. When the woman opted to make her own departure Thor could only venture a nod."Indeed Sister... I look forward to your success in this matter..." spoken with more sincerity, despite his distaste for Loki Thor really did want a unified Asgard, which meant at least trying to mend burnt old bridges.

And therein lay Amora's angle. Thor's desire for a unified Asgard. The request for a private audience was a simple ploy to watch him. Loki was her partner, their joined forces had served to bring Amora through times she thought not to survive. Loki was stronger in ways that Amora had not yet defined, but she was learning...oh she was learning. She moved closer to Thor, tilting her head first one way, then that. She had been close to destroying him, several times, and every time she defected ...sparing him, saving him. It was a source of internal conflict that never seemed to resolve, and she was bordering on the edge of accepting that, no matter what, even when he found his true Queen, The Enchantress would always choose to save him. Blast it. All that aside, she spoke, "Asgard needs much, rebuilding, the return of those who rightfully belong here. I would, in exchange for this noble task whose previous reward only included your happiness, request that I be given freedom to practice my sorcery, to rebuild the arsenal of the amatory arts, to return to what I was fashioned to be. My training began formally, but ended with my banishment, and after that it was taken by the use of seduction and stringing along those who were useful to me. Surely...." she stepped nearer, but tipped her nose and steeled herself against being any closer. "...you would prefer my craft to be worked here in Asgard..as part of the new..unified realm you so desire, Thor?"

In return for those brotherly words, Loki gave only one of her crafty smiles. One given not in defiance, but honestly. She was, after all, Chaos. It would do him well to remember that and perhaps in the name of a unified Asgard 'loosen up' and allow Chaos to do as needs be done. There were no steps that marked her leaving, no words. Just a momentary hum in the air that remained in the wake of her disappearance right from the spot. Amora would feel it most, a buzz the brushed intimately over cheek. Come find me, it said without a doubt. With the exit of the Trickster the two truly had their privacy. For this was not one of her more dubious moment were Loki would merge her composition with the wall, or the carpeting, or something of that nature so that she might eavesdrop. This time she truly left.

Back to top Go down

Breaking the Prison of 'Protection' >> A Log, Part I Empty Re: Breaking the Prison of 'Protection' >> A Log, Part I

Post by Guest Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:24 am

Truth be told, Maybe Thor was losing hope that his dearest Sif would ever be found. Though he would never actually vocalize that fact to anyone. He was a king now, and kings could not show their weaknesses. His eyes watched her's while she spoke. It was true that she didnt often see eye to eye with him and more then once she tried to bring his rule down, but in the end she had always come around, come to help him... it showed that she had promise. That she was able to help him." Asgard does need much, I am glad to see that there are others that are not so blind as to see this... Where you to turn your sorcery towards the betterment of Asgard, I believe that I would not be able to show how much that would mean to me... Though, I feel that would be more of a reward for me, then one for yourself in that is what you desire as reward for doing as I ask of you?" His eyes never left hers, though he did take a more casual stance with her, arms falling from his chest.

Amora leaned toward the caress of her cheek, her features changing from wary to composed. The curve of her smile enhanced the beauty that was her renown. When Thor began to speak she listened, and as he stood stalwart, she moved. Her head, her steps, even the smile that graced faded. "I am certain, Thor. It is what I wish." After all, what was The Enchantress without her full power? She was little threat, nothing more than a pleasing sight for the eyes. That benefited her little, in the end. "Oh, I am sure it will be beneficial to me as well, Thor." Her chin went down, and her eyes met his directly. "Then we have an agreement. May your night find you resting well, and may you find your greatest desire before everything in front of you ....has vanished from your grasp." She inclined her head and turned to leave, one foot in front of the other, heading in the direction of that buzz.

Thor was not a blind man, and perhaps he saw more then was even intended, but as it appeared... it was a mistake to ask the task of both Amora and Loki, but the task had been set forth. And both had agreed to do it. When she spoke Thor listened as he always did, and though her final words took him by suprise, he knew there may very well be validity to what she said, he may very well wake up to see his kingdom taken from him."Rest does not often find me easily..."And she had turned to walk away from him, it suprised him not that she had seem him as vexing her. because it was partly true."Amora... I am happy to have our presence once again in these halls... and I look forward to seeing what good you are able to do for our people..." He held his ground there, for a reply, well not a reply, at the very least until she was no longer in the room. When it was he was alone again the Thunderer climbed the steps to his throne again only to fall into a slouch on the throne, his head leaning forth to sit cradled in the grasp of a hand propped on the arm of the great seat.

[end part i]

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down