Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

A Room Of His Own

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A Room Of His Own Empty A Room Of His Own

Post by Winston Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:10 pm

((Computer acting up.))

After he left the bar, his mind full of the information he had recieved, he went up to the room he was currently sharing with Shane. He should of really known how such a conversation would go, really he should of, but he needed to do something before he messed his back up. After hearing her tell him he was pushing her to far, he got rather upset, storming out of the room. She did not come after him, though she never did at home, he thought being here, might change something. It didn't.

He would arrive at the check-in check-out desk, taking a deep breath, as his fingers would drum lightly upon the countertop. He was not in a hurry, he just needed an outlet for the emotions that were bubbling up inside of him. He also in his fit of fury, which some might say was his right to have, decided he would not tell Shane of the room he was renting, nor would she know when he took his stuff from her closet. A grown man should not be forced to sleep upon a couch when there was a perfectly good unused bed in a room not ten feet away.

So he waited.

Winston

Back to top Go down

A Room Of His Own Empty Re: A Room Of His Own

Post by Vesta Voui Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:11 pm

He waited and someone was watching him wait. Someone who had come in the front door a few minutes after he had gotten there at the desk and was drumming his fingers on the desk. Her? Well, she was coming in from who-knows-where after having done who-knows-what for a total of who-know-how many hours. As her for the opinion of the day and she'll tell you definite to never do a job for a 'who-knows' because you just might end up like her.

Wearing a multi-colored cowboy straw hat and dressed in a suede vest, colored jeans and chaps that had various colors of gimp for strings. Don't ask what she had been doing unless you really wanted to know the story. Even Blink the Squirrel had a bit of tie-dye going on in the form of a mohawk on his head as he was curled up on top of her hat. So she just kinda stood there in the doorway with her arms folded behind her head and that tipped to the side as she looked at his back. Very well couldn't look at his front if she was standing behind him now could she? Vesta didn't have that type of ability.

The poor guy, he must be new or something since he was just standing there. Maybe someone had already come by to help him and he was waiting for them to come back. Whatever the case may be since she had to by pass him anyway to get anywhere in the Inn she might as well harass the guy. All the better to see where his head was at.

"S'up man." Vesta decided to get closer, she couldn't just keep talking to his back. "Ssshh." Finger against her lips she pointed up to her hat and the sleeping squirrel. "Don't go getting loud on me okay? Don't want to wake up the squirrel. Have you ever seen a squirrel when it's been disturbed from it's sleep? No? Well, let me tell you." Having reached the desk she gave a sideways lean against it. "It's not a good thing. Oh and, standing here kinda works better if you ring the bell."

Bell. Bell. Ring the bell. Just leaned over the desk, felt around and gave the bell a tap.

Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Number of posts : 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Winston Charles Bakersfie Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:07 pm

You know that feeling you get, when the hair on the back of your neck stood up, as if someone was watching you? Well that was the feeling that was creeping up on Winston, he debated turning and looking, but if no one was there, and someone else appeared from another direction, he would feel rather foolish. He decided it was in his mind, because he was still so worked up, so he gave a quick shake of his head. He had to get it together.

He shifted his position, taking the weight off of his left leg and rotating it to his right leg, his stance changing as he did so. Right hand lifted to run through his hair, it was getting a bit long, and he hadn’t used the gel he had brought with him today, so there was no sticky residue upon fingers. Moving his hand back to the counter top.

Where his head was at, did she really wish to find that out? Well maybe it wouldn’t be so bad, he was not one that normally snapped the head off of unsuspecting people, just those that crossed him. Though his head was not where it should be, the standing down here with the breathing exercises he had learnt in anger management were doing him wonders!

The first words she had spoke, he turned his head, but before he could reply she was already shhing him! His mouth started to open before she launched into her explanations. Eyes following her direction to the squirrel, but they did not stay there long. He had been so put off by the shushing him that he had not taken in the woman at all. Which would be obvious by the way his lips were twitching. Once he was sure he was not going to break out in laughter, and he trusted his voice to come out as normal as possible, though there was a hint of merriment if one actually listened to the tones. And he did take heed and speak in a softer volume. “Hello there, and no I have never woke a squirrel up I have to say. I take it he is a special friend of yours?” Eyes moved upwards before going back to the colorful girl.

It would be when she mentioned the bell, that he felt a bit of color raise up from his neck, though it did not move to far upwards. “The bell?” He had not seen a bell, though to be honest, he was not exactly looking for one. After she pointed it out, he would bend his hand to linger over the bell, not yet pressing it down, “What about the squirrel?” He shook his head, “I do not wish to be the reason your furry little friend get’s woke up, think you can help me?” Of course, there was a twinkle in those hazel eyes of his, if she refused he could very well ring the bell. He would wait to see if she would help him before he asked any questions about her wardrobe.
Winston Charles Bakersfie

Number of posts : 113

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:38 pm

Maddie saw the man head for the reception desk. It was nice to know someone was listening to her. What she didn't expect to see was Vesta standing there too. Maddie walked towards the reception dek, and walked behind it. She couldn't help but tease him...just a little. "Let me quess, you would like a room that doesn't have couches for beds, correct?"

She then smiled at Vesta. "Hello strenger long time no see."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Number of posts : 1173

http://madelinecauthon.webstarts.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:50 pm

Look at that, he almost laughed, it was clear by the expression on his face and Vesta had seen it enough from various people to know what it was. He should have saved himself the trouble and went ahead and let out the whole barrel of laughs to get it out of his system. That's why she leaned in and did one of those friendly sucker punches to his shoulder. It wasn't hard so he shouldn't move back at all, though she has seen some pretty odd things.

"Come on now, ain't no use in holding in a laugh when it's pressing against your face so much. Go on," She even chortled a bit herself to show that it was no big deal. Leaning back to her spot on the desk she waved a hand dismissing the whole thing about the bell and the squirrel.

"Don't worry about Blink here." A quick pluck to the hats brim and it moved a bit. Blink at the top moved as well, shifting positions. He was really starting to be quite heavy laying up there and her head was getting to be more than a little warm, but she didn't know how to get him down without waking him incase he was staying sleep because he was feeding off the warmth of her head. "He's been hearing bells all day. Don't think one more would cause any harm.... Madeline! Good to see you again."

Yeah, just then she heard Madeline walking up to them and she beat out a 1-2, 3 rhythm on the desk as she turned and crossed her arms over the desk. "Oh, he's new here?" That was asked to both of them and she turned her head to look back at him.

"Need a lift? I was heading up the stairs anyway. Gotta find a way to get the squirrel off my head without waking him."

Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Back to top Go down

Post by Winston Charles Bakersfie Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:20 pm

He was doing his best not to crack a laugh, or even more of a smile, but it was true one could see it evident in the purse of his lips and the twinkle in his eyes. So when she leaned forward and gave a friendly sucker punch to his shoulder, it caught him off guard, but he did not stumble backwards. Winston worked out whenever he got the chance to, he was looking forward to finding the gym here. He did let out a laugh, a deep belly laugh, though his eyes did not leave her face, he did not wish to offend, even if she said it was okay! “I just have never seen anyone so….”He seemed at a lost for words, before the imaginary light bulb did appear above his head, “Colorful! It's refreshing!” That last bit was said with a nod of his head.

When she began to speak about the squirrel he did notice that it’s name was Blink, and that it sounded to be a male squirrel, he was slightly curious how she found that tad bit of information out, but he wasn’t about to ask that, for now. “He has been hearing bells all day…” He had a feeling this was going to be regrettable but, “Were you guy’s working on a train?” Bells, that’s what he thought of, the ringing by the tracks before a train came. “Or…perhaps you are getting ready for Christmas? Though the colors are all wrong for that.” He looked puzzled just a moment.

And that was when Maddie did approached the desk, he would turn a moment from the colorful lady, to allow hazels to peer at the one speaking. A welcoming smile did form till he heard her words, and he gave a laugh. As his head would nod in agreement. “That is indeed what I am looking for Miss Maddie.” Stretching, pulling himself to stand straight a moment, before moving to his relaxed pose once more. “I would like my space, but I am not to picky about the room.” His luck he’d end up in a closet somewhere and retreat like a puppy with his tail beneath his legs.

He would turn his gaze back to Vesta, “I am new here. Winston. And who might you be?” He figured he might as well ask, but it wasn’t like she had to answer him, he had his ways to find things out, might even be interesting. “A lift? Your going to carry me upstairs?” That smirky grin was forming once more, as he looked between the ladies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:18 am

Maddie giggled at the thought of Vesta carrying the guest upstairs. Maddie knew Vesta had the strength to do it, it was just the mental image shre had in her head. Maddie then checked the guest book to see where there were rooms available. It was then she notice there was a room on the second floor available. She turned around and got the key for the room. She handed the key to him. "Here you go Sir, just signed the guest book here, and your room is on the second floor, last room on the right. "
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Number of posts : 1173

http://madelinecauthon.webstarts.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:15 pm

It was always odd how people said that seeing color was good and refreshing, but when you looked at that person they hardly wore any color at all or even had any in their wardrobe. Then there were those people who had color in their wardrobe but only wore it on 'special' occasions, like when they felt like being wild and crazy, otherwise it was straight solid colors on a solid body, doing solid things. Color wasn't going to eat them alive - maybe in this crazy world it would, but back home it didn't. The only thing color ever did was give a few people seizures but those colors were flashing so maybe that was different?

"Have Christmas here? The earth holiday?" She asked, as she was gone on that longer than three hour tour when it passed her last time. She supposed it was possible due to the humans that were around here who came from Earth. People usually took their traditions and customs with them when they migrated so this wouldn't be any different. "But no, not for Christmas, and I was selling railroads a couple weeks ago. Nope, today was all about tie-dye at Marketsquare." And what did tie-dye have to do with bells?

Vesta didn't propose an answer to the unasked question, she only leaned on the desk and watched the both of them as they discussed rooms. Once it was settled that the guy here was going to get a room she pushed up from the desk and rubbed her hands together.

In and effort to be helpful she looked to Maddie and nodded her head. "Thanks for getting him a room Madeline. I'll make sure he gets there all right." For she had offered him a lift. "He's gonna help me get the squirrel off my head." Added with a grin.

"So!" This guy probably hadn't clue as to what he had gotten into. "The names Vesta and back home I use to toss a guy over my shoulder like a Continental Soldier and lug him around. Up for it?" Could she do it here too? Arguably this guy didn't look pint sized so she might be able to flip him but carry him up a couple flights of stairs was a whole other story.

Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Back to top Go down

Post by Winston Charles Bakersfie Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:04 pm

Those hazels would look to Vesta. Of course, he very well could have colorful clothes, but he had an appearance to keep up. Mom and Pop, not that he would every call them that to thier faces, would probably blow a gasket if he dressed as colorful as Vesta was currently. No they ever caught him not wearing a dress shirt, pants and a tie, they would probably flip their wigs, not that they wore wigs, but you get the drift. But he did find it refreshing, and maybe he would be inspired to go out and get something besides his boxers colorful. And sometimes those check marks, specially the small ones with white and a dark color, those could do the seizures too.

And Winston was indeed one of those humans that did celebrate Christmas, though at home his assistant bought all of his gifts for friends and family alike. But that did not mean that he didn’t love the holiday! But he gave a boyish nod of his head, “Yes Christmas the Earth holiday. Other people that never have experienced might enjoy the festivities.” He figured the way she spoke that she had either celebrated the holiday or she had some knowledge of it. So he wasn’t going to press that…at least not now in the middle of July. “Tye-dye at market square? What’s that?” His head tilted, “And you need bells for such?” Righting his head as he was trying to put three and three together.

And he would turn his head giving a nod as his attention was on Maddie once more smile in place. Fingertips brushing her own as he took the key from her hand, “Thanks.” Into the front pocket of his jeans the key would go. Before he snatched up the pen and pressed his signature, which surprisingly enough was very neatly written in cursive, where she had indicated. He hoped he could remember where his room was, he figured if worse came to worse, he would simply use the key in every door till one opened. Sounded like a plan to him!

If one thought he wasn’t paying attention to the two women when they talked they probably were right, but only for a brief moment. One would notice if they looked the moment that Vesta said he was going to help her with the squirrel for his eyes widened just a pinch. “I am going to what?” Before a grin formed, as if he remembered his manners, “Anything for a pretty lady.” Lips twitching once more.

Oh he had not a clue what he was getting into, but wasn’t that half the fun. He would turn to Maddie just a moment, “Thanks for helping with the room.” Before he would be turning back to Vesta, “Vesta.“ He paused looking at her moment, then nodding as if he thought the name fit the woman. “I am up for anything once. But if you find me to heavy…I won‘t hold it against you.” He did resist the urge to wink. If she thought he was to heavy that was fine, he would be fine with her walking with him, help him get the layout, at least finding the room. He just could hope that he doesn’t get knocked silly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:40 am

"You're going to have to hold something against me Winston or else we'll never see if I can lift you." Ha! Really she knew what he meant in the sense of it all, but that was something she wanted to say. Added in her own wink to it and everything. He was laughing and joking it up, so why not she?

Anything for a pretty lady. He was really joking on her then with that line, though she supposed that a guy like him used it all the time! Unless he had a thing for long pastel colored dreads and eccentrics, and if he did that was cool. It wasn't the point of this tale, but it still got it's credit.

Back to the topic at hand. As Winston was signing away his soul in that book (don't be surprised, why else would a signature be required when they never knocked down the doors for payment?) and collected his key Vesta stretched her hands above her head and gave a pop to her shoulders. Now, in effect, she was going to be careful tossing the man over her shoulder or she would knock her hat. And that meant knocking Blink. And that meant waking him up. It's one thing to wake up suddenly, quite another to wake up that way with your head to unknown body part to a stranger.

Anyway . . . .

Once Winston had his key in his pocket and said that he was ready she scooted to his front and bent her knees looking at him. She had a good High School Wrestling Team stance going on. If her school coach back then could see her now! "Back, back, back, back," nudging him backwards - didn't want to flip him when he was still close to the desk or his head would hit it!

Once he was back enough she huffed and rammed him - the small jolt shaking the hat and it's occupant, locked her arms around his waist and heaved. How heavy was he? The ramming at the angle she had would have gotten his feet off at the ground and him bent bent over her shoulder at least. But If he was more than 200 pounds then when she went to lift him....

Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Back to top Go down

Post by Winston Charles Bakersfie Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:14 pm

Ah the words every man wants to hear! He would shoot Vesta one of those looks, yes you know the sort of look it was, and the fact that his lips were not twitching now he was full out grinning. Was he going to say what he was thinking, it was on the tip of his tongue, but he wasn’t going to push it just yet. He did not wish to be hit, hit on perhaps, but not hit. Though he had a feeling that with this one, she would just joke back with him, something that did lighten him spirits.

It was a good thing she did not voice her thoughts about him joking about her being a pretty lady. Because he would have had to go into the fact that he might be a flirt but he meant what he said. His nannies had taught him that flattery was only good if it was truly meant and that it could often come back to bite ya in the butt. And he was rusty at the flirting jokes, and he did hope he did not offend, for he was not one that often held back words.

That does make sense, why else would they need a signature if not to bind you in some way, later he might wonder what sort of place wouldn’t just take a man’s word. Or a woman’s. And for the thought of him knocking her hat and awakening the sleeping squirrel that would not be a happy thought. A man would not wish to part with his nuts, no pun intended, for he had a packet of salted peanuts in his pocket.

And yes, when she assumed the position, and told him back, back, back with the nudging he did as she said. He was in her hands, and he did hope that they were capable, so neither one of them ended up hurt, at least not badly. This could end up very interesting. But he did move as she said so that when she did flip him, there would be no concussion.

He was rammed! Thankfully it was a Vesta with a squirrel on top and not a real ram, that would have been a pain. He was under 200 lbs, he was a buck seventy five, pure muscle, but one seventy five all the same. So when she did grab his waist and hefted, he went up, and bent at the waist over her shoulder. He just hoped that he did not hit the hat with the sleeping one. Before a grin crossed his features. “This is the best view I've seen all day.”

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:42 pm

Alrighty then! Up he was. Up and thrown over her shoulder like a continental solider he was after she gave that heave. Teetered and tottered from one foot to the next but she was steady and that's all that mattered in the end. Staying upright.

"Keep your eyes on the prize, and if it starts moving past your sight then you may want to brace for impact." What did that mean exactly? It meant that if that happened then he was probably falling and that his head was about to hit the ground. That can also translate to 'at least i saw something pretty before the whole world faded to black'. Pick and choose the one that works for you.

Steadily Vesta started moving towards the steps, but she wasn't the only one moving, not at all. When she rammed into Winston to lift him it did jolt the hat and the sleeping squirrel. Blink was rocked but thought it to be a type of vivid dream - that is until Winston had hit against the hat and his torso was smack-dab in the squirrel's face. Blink, well, he blinked and stood up on top of Vesta's cowboy hat and looked at the large torso side and then poked it with his hand. Squirrels so can too poke, thank you very much, and that's exactly what this one did. One poke, then another, and then the squirrel just hoped up on the guys back, feet just tap-tapping away on this back as it scurried down to Winston's head.

Truthfully Blink was wondering what this thing was that Vesta was carrying and hoped that it wasn't some specimen because it surely wouldn't be sleeping in his bed! How long was this guys hair? Long enough for a squirrel grip? Blink gripped on to Winston's hair and swung down in front of his face and.......gave a wild, crazy, psychotic grin. Hey, who ever said this was a normal squirrel?

All that happened just as Vesta stepped up the first step. It would be something if the squirrel freaked Winston out and he moved and all. Who knows what would happen then?

Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Back to top Go down

Post by Winston Charles Bakersfie Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:38 am

He was actually a bit surprised, for she did not look like that big of a girl, and yet here he was, over her shoulder. Not that he was about to complain, not in the least. In Winston's mind, it meant that he had Vesta's approval to check out her buns. He meant what he had said about the view. And he had seen some very frightening junk in the trunk, in his days, he did go to college, and the local bar. But he wasn't going to think on that, that was enough to give the man nightmares.

And he was not aware that the squirrel was awake, he really had tried not to bump the hat, not that he had much choice. Though he had never met a squirrel that poked, though he never had met a squirrel before, so this was a first on more then one level. It would be then that he felt the little hand poking him. He would blink, surely he was imagining things. Though his mind did not normally take off on flights of fancy. Perhaps if he had worn more clothing he wouldn't feel the small squirrel feet scampering up his back, but it was a good thing he felt it, for it wasn't such a surprise, he did take a breath when the squirrel stopped on his head.

Depending on the size of Blink's bed, there was a good chance that Winston would not fit in it. Or it would be just as cramped as the couch, which was why he was searching out his own room. His hair was long enough for what Blink did do, he felt a tug of his locks, before there was a squirrel in his face. And not a normal squirrel that would of just bit and ran, oh no, this squirrel was giving him a grin. Sure it was wild, crazy and psychotic but it was a grin. He knew he couldn't shift his weight, or he was going to end up on his head sooner than later. She had already moved them up one step.

He would give the squirrel a little grin, not the sort that normally would freak anyone out, as he spoke. "Err...Vesta...your Squirrel is uh...awake....and grinning at me. How scared should I be? The grin is a good sign right?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:15 pm

Had to hand it to the guy, he was smart and didn't move and squirm when Blink was crawling all over his back or when the squirrel dropped down in front of his face. Vesta did notice the man tense up and get all still like, something that kinda threw her off for a moment or two and had the next step of hers rocking back and forth.

Arm that was about him tightened and she even turned - misjudging the distance between the wall and Winston's length he probably bumped into the wall. His shoulder. Nothing hard, just a bump. "Whoa, uh, sorry about that. What? His name's Blink." steadying herself back and giving a slight bump to him as she went up another step. The bump caused Blink to swing and do something of his own bounce against Winston's face (he was hanging on the guys hair! That's what happened when you were hanging and things went bump, you swung). He even used his tail and swatted it on the poor man's face.

Gee, all this for a lift?

"He doesn't quite like being called a squirrel." And how did she know? That was it's own story. "And you did so... good luck man!"

That was a warning because if Winston was watching, this squirrel was bearing it's teeth and was hanging on with one hand while the other hand looked like it was ready to do...something.

Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Back to top Go down

Post by Winston Charles Bakersfie Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:24 am

Well put yourself in his shoes! Knowing that any fast movement was going to land you on your head, you might tense as he did, though you were not to keen on the thought of squirming. Besides it would ruin the view!

He did bump into the wall with his shoulder just brushing it really, was she aiming for his head? Was she attempting to beat some sense into him not to take lifts from pretty little females with crazy squirrels asleep on their hats? For if that was the lesson he was learning that one quick! Hands moved to grab onto her waist, when her steps felt unsteady, if he was going down he was going to take her with him! Even if it was just a few steps.

Now she told him the name of the squirrel that was giving him that crazy grin just a moment ago. That knowledge probably would of been good to know say about five minutes ago judging from the fact that the squirrel beat his tail against his face. "Thanks for the info Vesta!" Oh heck, was the thought running through his head when he saw Blink bearing his teeth. He looked at the other hand, mumbling just a moment before he would try a friendly grin. "Hello Blink, it's nice to meet you. Sorry for waking you when I bumped into the hat. I hate to be woke up too, unless its a nice looking lady with food. Which I admit I am neither of those." And now he would wait to see what Blink would do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:50 pm

Did she forget to tell Winston the squirrels name? Did she? Could have sworn she gave the name when she told him about the sleeping critter, before she offered to give him a lift and before Madeline came on the scene. He was too busy trying not to laugh and checking her out to hear anything she was saying aside from the bat-bat of her lashes and the way she leaned against the front desk.

Not his fault. If the situations were reversed who knows what would have happened.

Now Winston started talking to Blink but he also put his hands on Vesta's waist which was something she wasn't expecting and it threw her off. But not noticeably so. A step to the left, move up to the next step with the right, fake a downward step and hop up on the left. A guy should warn a girl before putting his hands on her when she's focusing on walking. At least his hands didn't grab on a lower area or they would have to change their names to Jack and Jill.

So while she trekked up the steps, Blink was looking at Winston and hearing what he was saying. Hearing, but he didn't care to listen to it too much as this squirrel was balling up his little furry fist. "Remember, they can smell fear." Another tidbit of information for good old Winston!

Blink? Well, he had his fist balled up and aimed it right at the guys mouth. The man did mention food - he wasn't a lady with food, but he could be a man with food - and he could be storing it in his cheeks like squirrels did.

Open up Winston!

Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Back to top Go down

Post by Winston Charles Bakersfie Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:05 pm

Could the guy be blamed? He had been struck deaf & dumb yet not blind, certainly not blind, for a few moments there. He could be very good at listening, if he wasn’t busy checking out a new girl, or if his attention was fixated how it should have been. Surely she could understand that, perhaps even Blink could understand that, if he had ever seen a foxy little squirreletta that wiggled her tail at him! He thought he was behaving himself, or rather on his best behavior.

Did she think with all her wobbly steps he wanted to take a face plant and ruin his money maker? Come now, if was all about sharing, sharing was caring right? And in this instance his sharing was going to be tumbling down the stairs if it came to it. He would of gave a warning if he had given it much thought, but it was a reaction instead of just an action that was thought out. For the privilege of grabbing the lower area in question he would gladly change his hands from left and right to Jack and Jill. Naming them Jack and Jill would certainly give him something to talk about, talking about left and right just didn’t have the same ring to it.

He was watching that fist ball up, he wasn’t sure how strong a squirrel was, but his luck Blink would be alike a super squirrel with super duper strength that the hit would or could send him moving against Vesta which could send her sailing down the steps. But would Blink take such a chance when he could very well end up under a heap of bodies? “Thanks for that bit of information!” Thankfully he wasn’t exactly scared, he still thought he was in some version of the Twilight Zone, and he knew not to tense, so he was taking this in stride.

Hazel eyes did not leave Blink, or Blinks balled up fist. He did not like that light that was coming into Blink’s eyes. Almost like he was looking forward to taking advantage of Winston’s position. Now Winston was not an animal that stored food in his cheeks, when it came to him. “Blink, I have some nuts in my pocket, got a bag in the bar. How about a peace offering?” Yes Winston was offering his nuts to Blink.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:22 pm

Winston did some mighty fast talking for a man who was about to get himself a mouthful of furry squirrel-fist. Blink had been on the verge of doing a 'insert fist here' when he heard about the guy having nuts in his pocket and paused. "Front pocket?" Asked Vesta from up front as she went up another step or two.

"Is that what I'm feeling on my shoulder? Your nuts?" She was carrying him so if those nuts were in his font pocket and that part was against her, then that's what she was feeling! Takes care of that mystery. "Could only wonder at what was poking me. They might be a little crushed . . ."

Hearing that the guy could now have crushed nuts Blink looked mortified. His eyes went and then they started to tear, a well of water gathering at the bottom of his eyes. It was simply tragic. The squirrel started breathing in hiccups and scampered up and curled on top of Winston's head, tail wrapped around himself for comfort.

The guy was going to have squirrel tears in his hair. By the way, she already passed the first floor by the power of progression.

Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Back to top Go down

Post by Winston Charles Bakersfie Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:45 pm

Did you expect him to just sit there and take a squirrel fist, when it could end up with them all on the floor? Not that he would mind some wrestling, but not when he was being dropped on his head. A breath would escape when he noticed the change in Blink, thinking it was going for the good, though that could change. When he heard Vesta's voice his head would give a small nod before realizing that she could not see him nodding, so he spoke up. "Yeah, the front pocket, they don't fit right in back pockets." Really, how many people carried packets of peanuts in their back pockets that was for your wallet. Or notes. Phone numbers.

Chuckling as he heard Vesta ask the question, he couldn't help the way his mind worked. "That is what you are feeling. What did you think it was?" A smirkish grin formed once more, if it was not the peanuts and something else that she was feeling, she wouldn't have to wonder, she would know. The mystery was solved and she didn't even have to call in the Mystery Machine with Scooby and the gang! Spiffy! "They might be, but they are strong nuts, should take more then my weight crushing them against your shoulder to crush them."

And then he felt Blink moving and taking up a home on his head. When Blink wrapped his tail around himself, he might of pulled a bit of Winston's hair, but he had a tough scalp, which was a very good thing after this meeting with Vesta and Blink. Winston thought he heard something upon his head, not that he would mind the squirrel tears might even be how Vesta got that added shine to her own hair? "Blink, It's okay, I don't think that the nuts are crushed." Winston was animal person, even those that are slightly off their rockers. Vesta was making some good time. "You haven't dropped me yet, I think I just might have to be impressed."

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:53 pm

Vesta snorted. Females can snort, nothing wrong with that. "I get where ya coming from Winston," then there was a chuckle in her voice. "You only want to keep the feeling going while you ride me all the way to your room." He's the one that said his nuts were hard and they were poking at her and he had already given his thoughts on the ride. It was really all in how the statement was taken.

Would have been pretty funny if the nuts were in the back pocket, would make for a very uncomfortable seat and would have had her giving him a queer eye seeing his backside had mounds sprouting from it. Luckily for the both of them it wasn't anything either was going to have to worry about.

"If you're not impressed already you will be when I'm riding you. Gotta return the favor ya know."

As for Blink. He was listening to the tales about non crushed nuts and taking turns riding the other (really he didn't care as long as he wasn't disturbed) all while he silently got Winston's hair nice and shiny at the top. He wasn't crying really. That sneaky squirrel had learned to make the wide eyed 'I'm-gonna-cry-a-river' tears long ago and could do it in a heartbeat. No, what he was doing was licking the guys hair.

But so Winston would know Blink heard him, he swatted him with his tail.

Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Back to top Go down

Post by Winston Charles Bakersfie Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:55 pm

If there was something wrong with females snorting, Winston was not one to say a thing about it, especially when she held him in a potentially dangerous position. He was smarter than the average bear, sometimes. He would look thoughtful a moment, not that she could see it as he asked her. "Keep the feeling going? What is this a Snickers commercial?" Or it could be a commercial for something different, but he wasn't letting those thoughts ride on that train downtown. Now would be the time his thoughts were scrubbed in clean soapy water!

Indeed and think of what would of been in that front pocket pressing against her shoulder, keys maybe? Those would dig more so then a packet of peanuts. And as for that his butt was far from lumpy, he would of had to fire his trainer back home, if that had been the case.

"But of course, I will be at your service, to return the favor." He wasn't the sort to just ride and ditch, and not answer his door the next day. Besides besides Maddie, Vesta was the only other whom would know where his room was, for now.

It was a good thing that Winston was not using product in his hair, could you see Blinks face after licking the hair spray or gel out. That might of been interesting. Shiny hair was a good thing, maybe now he would know how Vesta kept her hair so clean. He was a tricky little squirrel, but he did not seem like a normal squirrel so that would not be quite a surprise.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:52 pm

And once she knew where his room was . . . woe be onto him. It was a good thing that her room was on the first floor as there probably wouldn't be any inconvenient accidental sorry-for-bumping-into-you-while-in-my-towel occurrences. Vesta wasn't one of those terribly shy girls so even though her room had a shower sometimes she liked to use the group one for variety. Not to mention that Blink was such a hot water hog so by the time he finished in the shower she was left with cold water. No thank you.

On the second floor landing she looked left then right and picked a direction to start heading to so they could get to his room. "Now I know you're crazy. At my service? Give me your number and I'll call you for a ride in the early AM." Hey, he didn't give a specific time slot for the service, just that he would be at it.

"Ah! here we are!" Hearing that proclamation Blink sat up and looked around. he knew what was going to happen next, Vesta was going to put the man down and if he wasn't careful he'd go slip-sliding out this guys hair! Instead he when and hung down in front of Winston's face again, giving another very wild and crazy look.

Vesta started a countdown. "3...2...1...Drop!" At the word drop she flipped him off her shoulder. No, she didn't bend down and let him slide off, she gave a lean back and threw him forward. Hopefully the guy was prepared and he would land on his feet and not on his rear end. For Blink, he had a pretty good grip on the guys hair, so no problem on his end!

Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Back to top Go down

Post by Winston Charles Bakersfie Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:49 pm

Well, he would have to deal with that woe, and grimace through it with a grin and bear it sort of attitude! Winston wasn't a shy guy, why would he be, so he wouldn't of minded perhaps bumping into her in her towel. Not that he would say such a thing out loud, they had just met, and he wasn't the sort to use to bad of corny lines right from the get. Winston had met his share of hot water hogs, he was smart enough to try to get in before them. That way he had his hot water, or sometimes it was the sharing a shower so there was enough hot water to go around.

He was never going to find his room on his own was he? He was going to have to call her from the lobby, Hey Vesta it was a what then a what and a huh to get to the room. He let out a chuckle, "By being at your service I am crazy? Then I guess you can paint me with the crazy brush. You want me to write the number down or are you good at remembering numbers?" Some people were good with that, others not so much, and he didn't want to not get the call when she wanted her ride! No time was to early or to late, though he couldn't say how awake he would be, without a bit of a pre warning, but he was up for it!

Seeing Blinks face in his own, he would give Blink a reassuring grin, or he tried too. Not that he was the one to reassure Blink, Blink should be reassuring him! And the next thing he knew, his hair was being pulled by Blink, thankfully for that tough scalp. As he did get tossed forward and he did land on his feet. Feet did stumble just a bit as he looked at her. "Thank you for the lift Vesta." He stood at the door, before looking for where he put the key to the room.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:29 pm

If she was in her room and heard him calling up to her from the lobby asking for directions to his room she would double over in joyful glee. One of those snicker-giggles that might be taken as deranged laughter from a lunatic, but she would only do that because she wouldn't believe that he was actually doing that and it would be a hoot! She would hang outside her door and in a deep voice direct him unknown places (only because she wouldn't be able to see what he was seeing - honest!) and when he asked if he was sure the way to his room was through basement cellar she would reply with a most hearty sounding 'yes!'.

Imagine that.

It was something for another time though, right now he should think about the squirrel who had traveled down his chest and was now hooked on to his side as he fished around in Winston's pocket for those nuts he was promised. They better be there or else this was going to be one postal squirrel.

"Careful Blink, don't dig to deep in his pockets." Vesta said to her squirrel as she held out her hand, palm up, to Winston and a ball point blue pen. "Here you go, write it on me."

As good a place as any!

Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Back to top Go down

Post by Winston Charles Bakersfie Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:46 pm

She better bet her bottom dollar, that if he got lost, she was going to be the first person he called out too. He was unsure if she would be able to hear him, but he would do his best. And his luck she would tell him, no Winston your bedroom is the boiler room. Wait, I mean, open the small door on that big black thing, it’s a secret passage. Don’t worry about the smell, no that’s not your flesh burning. Evil, women were evil.

And that was exactly what Winston was thinking of! Because he felt furry hands on his belt loop and going into the pocket. Lowering his hand he would move slowly, “How about some help there Blink?” He would wait till Blink moved enough to allow Winstons hand to slip past Blink, careful not to knock him off, and into the pocket to pull out, a bag of non crushed against Vesta peanuts. He would hand the package to Blink, “Here ya go

And after helping Blink get the peanuts, he could always go get more, he lifted his eyes up to Vesta. “If you wash this off before writing it down else where, our deal is null and void, no rides for you!” As he spoke he took the blue ball point pen, using his left hand to hold the top of her hand, and give him more stability while writing, he would write down those 10 digits she would need to reach him, on his cell phone that was currently charging. And she had his room number, for she lead him here right! No hiding from her.

He grinned at Vesta, “I dare say, I am not going to forget this meeting for a long time. First time a chick picked me up, literally.” The girl had made a impression, and took his mind off of Shane, and whatever else he had been thinking on, before she showed up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next